Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty, I know he Armstrong and Getty. Some business news.
Speaker 3: Game Style just reported their highest profit ever by selling Action figures.
Speaker 2: And Pokemon cards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and if you wink at the cashier weed.
Speaker 4: I think I got stolen from by a by some sort of scam artist. I don't know that I've ever been stolen from. I probably have been, don't know of it.
Speaker 2: I got a.
Speaker 4: Letter, an email allegedly from the d m V saying how much I owed on my to register for something that I had some vehicle that we don't use that had lapsed or something anyway, owed some money, And I thought, is this a scam thing? Or because I went to the DMV website and I couldn't come up with it anywhere there.
Speaker 2: But it's very hard to use that.
Speaker 4: Website and it's not user friendly at all, and so it doesn't necessarily mean that any who. It had the last five numbers of my vin so I thought, that's a pretty good indication that this is real.
Speaker 2: I would I have the last fit but.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I paid it and I didn't get any confirmation email from the DMV like you usually do.
Speaker 2: I can't come up with anything anywhere. I think.
Speaker 4: I think I just paid somebody because about that made me think that this has happened. Is I got another one today for a larger amount.
Speaker 2: Oh, oh boy, I just got it, got a live one. Yeah, they thought, okay, we got an idiot here.
Speaker 4: You owed twenty four hundred and fifty dollars for this vehicle, you know, and all our informations floating around out there sign on to Incogniti as we been talking about.
Speaker 2: Probably my vin from who knows what?
Speaker 4: Uh, it's floating around for somewhere because your insurance company has it or who knows.
Speaker 1: Who has it? Well, your car dealer has it. Car dealer has it, and I don't think there's any agreement that that's private, probably right.
Speaker 4: Or maybe I got the windshield replaced once and one of those window replacement places has it, or.
Speaker 2: Who knows who?
Speaker 4: Lots of people do, and everybody sells your info because there's money in it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, god dang it, that's mad ton. How much do you get you for? Uh, twelve hundred dollars?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Nothing?
Speaker 1: Oh man, I don't leave a mark oof m moron and this everywhere, everywhere, all the time. These scams. Never pay your bills, that's the only defense. Pay nothing.
Speaker 2: Mortgage?
Speaker 1: What mortgage? I don't know about any mortgage. You moved in your house, right, you didn't pay cash for.
Speaker 2: The whole thing. Yeah?
Speaker 1: Maybe what's your points? I've never heard of you. We've been your bank for twenty years, Harry. I've been trying to me the other day with the bill collector.
Speaker 2: Who was wrong?
Speaker 4: I had paid the bill, but he called me up and said, is this says my name? I said, who's this? Who's this? He asks me, like, how dare you ask me that question? I said, in an even louder voice, who's this?
Speaker 2: Oh you win? I'm with so and so company? Who are you? And I said, maybe you are, maybe you aren't. I'm not going to give you.
Speaker 4: But he asked for amillion, my address and a whole bunch of different stuff. I said, I don't know who you are. I'm who I said, I was. Okay, Well then oh wow, that settles it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: But you enda with that standoff all the time. It says it's really hard to mail down what's real and what's not. I'll bet that there is.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, well, I'll finish my sentence then disagreement with myself. I'll bet there is some AI generated encryption slash ID.
Speaker 2: System coming.
Speaker 1: I hope, so, I hope so, But then I realized, well, the bad guys will harness the very same powers somehow to overcome it.
Speaker 2: And screw it up in the rest of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's getting harder and harder. Uh so we've we've spent. It's worse than that, and amusingly most of this segment. Yes, it's worse than that now that I think about it.
Speaker 4: To pay the bill, I clicked on the link in the perhaps fake d MV email, So not only did I pay that bill, but clicking on a link they could be into my phone all kinds of different ways.
Speaker 1: It's possible. Yeah, they didn't have you download the app, did they or anything like that?
Speaker 4: No, And I used Apple Pay, so at least it's not straight into my bank account.
Speaker 2: But AnyWho, I have finally fallen for one of these.
Speaker 1: Michael Cliff number sixteen in another story.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have a sixteen. Joe made that.
Speaker 1: Up a question for the the whole Armstrong and getting through you miss you misspoke my eyes. As you know, I have progressive glasses. I don't know right things I progressed to you say, Wow, don't you call them progressive.
Speaker 2: They're Marxists. They're Marxist glasses.
Speaker 1: You don't have the healthcare In another story. Second, that's the sound of a Bulgarian man being attacked by a bear.
Speaker 2: Well, al Andy, apparently there was.
Speaker 1: Some other video going on and there is in the background be set by a bear.
Speaker 2: I'm confused. It's a rough day.
Speaker 4: Why is the guy yelling in the background and the guy the loud guy who's getting.
Speaker 2: Attacked by the bear, the loud in the background, the guy in the background shrieking for his latch. So he's on the phone with some dude.
Speaker 4: Who then some sort of videotaping or something. They're like zoom call and then somebody gets attacked by her get right.
Speaker 2: In the background. Yeah, yeah, one second, one second.
Speaker 4: I have the detailed I have the details, Hanson, just give me. It's two dudes in a car, they see a bear, they stop, one guy.
Speaker 2: Gets out, he gets attacked by the bear. Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow, really make you reconsider the hole getting out and looking at the bear thing.
Speaker 2: Well, so that guy and I should get together.
Speaker 4: Don't click on a d m V link without and don't get out of your car to say hello to the bear.
Speaker 1: Boris, Boris, I have idea, So we stay in car to watch bear.
Speaker 2: Stay in car, Boris, come back. I'm told. I'm told that's not quite right. The bear climbed into the window and attacked him. Okay, so the bear climbed into the window.
Speaker 1: What the car window, Boris, roll window up again quickly.
Speaker 4: I'm being told it was a high speed chase. The bear overtook them in his own car. Okay. We will straighten us all out and have more for you coming up next. I just got an email from the DMV that says scam alerts for DMV click on here to be alerted how to find a scam, which is probably a scam from that same company.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent of scam.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, I wonder if they heard you saying I just got scammed.
Speaker 2: Oh no.
Speaker 1: So here's what we were going to talk about last segment before the show got derailed by DMV scams in Romanian bear attacks. We're going to start with the serious stuff and then the kind of funny stuff. Here's my premise, and I have absolutely zero fear of being contradicted. Islamism is coming to the United States, the Islamic form of government, fundamentalist Islam. It's already done enormous damage to Great Britain and France, and it's coming here. It's in the person of Ilhan Omar and Rashida Talib and others who would put the Quran before the constitution.
Speaker 2: You mean certain towns or counties or no, just that their philosophy need them.
Speaker 4: The way you stated it sounds like it is going to take over. It's not gonna take over the country.
Speaker 1: Uh No, but it will know that it starts in small places and metastasizes outward. And just for the sake of the argument, if you're thinking, well, I'm a Christian and I put Christ at the top of my list even before country, the fundamental difference that you have to understand is not only does Christianity have the concept of the secular, but Christianity is the soul of the idea that every human being has worth and that there's the spiritual kingdom and then there's the physical kingdom, and that the two are unrelated. Islam ignores both of those things, and it's fundamentally different to put Islam before the Constitution than Christianity. Anyway, This Adam Hamaway won the primary in Michigan to become a congressman. This is the guy you may have heard of who testified on behalf of the mastermind of the nineteen ninety three World Trade Center bombing, the Blind Shake. He's a plastic surgeon, retired Army doctor. He won a crowded primary I'm sorry for New Jerseys safely blue twelfth Congressional district and is expected to win the seat in November.
Speaker 4: And it was known as people were voting that he was a character witnessed for a terrorist.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's correct. And Andy McCarthy Andrew McCarthy in the National Reviews written a terrific article.
Speaker 2: I'm going to quote some of it.
Speaker 1: The Democratic for a House seat in New Jersey was a sympathizer of the Blind Shak, who inspired the first World Trade Center bombing. Goes into Adam Hamaway, who testified at the trial in ninety five. Andy says, I'm not surprised to last for reasons I explained last month here, and we could get into that, but he said to recap. The Blind Shak was already a notorious figure in global jihadist circles when he was permitted to relocate to the US in nineteen ninety. Astonishingly, federal immigration authorities first admitted him on a tourist visa, then issued him a green card, rationalizing that he was a religious worker. He had publicly taken credit for issuing the fatwah that greenlighted the murder of Egyptian President on Mar Sadat. He was in a position to give such directives and to lead recruit and raise funds return networks because he was a renowned scholar of Islamic jurist prudens at a university in Cairo, the seat of Sunni Islamic learning for more than a millennium. He figured prominently, along with Osama Laden and others in the formation of al Qaeda during the Jahad in Afghanistan against the Soviets, and after the Soviets, Withdrew b and Lauden decided to take the jihad global. But anyway, this Hamoway character was a friend and aid to the Blind Shake, which is why he voluntarily appeared as a witness for him. What he's testifying about was a trip to Detroit in nineteen ninety one, and a government informative testified that during the trip, when the informant was discussing his time in the Egyptian Army, the blind Shak asked him, why didn't you turn your gun on Mubarik, who succeeded Saddat after Saddat was wiped out by fundamentalist Muslims. Hamoway claimed, not very convincingly, that he hadn't heard that conversation. The blind Shak didn't ask me that. But the evidence that abdal Raman, the blind Shak, inspired to murder Barak and repeatedly called for his association was overwhelming. Everybody heard him say it, and the jury convicted him of conspiracy and incitement and connection with Mubarik, as well as seditious conspiracy to levy war against the United States, among other terrorism related charges. Hamway conceded on cross examination that although the economics was the supposed subject of the Detroit conference they went to, Abdul Raman used the occasion to urge violent jihad against the United States and Israel. And in fact, this Hamaway guy who is about to be a congressman, said, of course that's what he always talked about. He talked about jihad. You know, so this guy, good old buddy of a global leader in Islamist terrorism, is about to become a congressman, and he will push gently at first, and then more and more firmly for you know, I'll call it Palestinian rights, or the ability for people to live according to their own beliefs. In America, you have freedom of religion, so we want to have Sharia courts decide divorce and child abuse cases.
Speaker 2: And you ever one more hoof inside the tent?
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly true, exactly true. And this is not the only guy. I want to talk about Qatar's influenced buying in America, but I don't know that was serious enough.
Speaker 2: So I'll go with this.
Speaker 1: As it fights anti Semitism lawsuits from the federal government, Harvard University says that federal funding cuts are threatening its life saving research and so the Feds need to call off the dogs. But at the same time, the university's Divinity School is putting resources, admittedly not a ton, but resources behind a new publication devoted to queerness and Palestinian liberation that's named after a Canaanite Goddess again. This is the Harvard Divinity School where he studied, get a.
Speaker 2: PhD in religion or whatever.
Speaker 1: The first issue of Asherah, a Harvard Divinity School journal, is a project of anti Israel Jewish studies. Professor Shaol Magid writes Aristol in the Free Beacon, it's really something to behold, even by the provocative and sophomore e standards of student publications. It includes statement from the student editors to women, naturally, who write that they are not scholars of the ancient texts, did not go to Yeshiva, are not rabbis in quotes for some reason, but are instead coming and I'm quoting now, coming from the sidelines of mainstream Jewish life, largely because of our queerness or anti racism, our support for Palestinian liberation. They also note that this publication finds itself at a moment encumbered by war, by fascism and genocide, by religious and ethno nationalism, by reckoning, with the rapid development of AI, to which you're like, wait.
Speaker 2: A minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute.
Speaker 1: We're covering a lot of ground here and its impact on planet and people, by climate collapse, ah, by pandemics, and by the pervasive presence of disconnection and loneliness.
Speaker 2: So what a great tutorial.
Speaker 1: And you've got to use all those terms queerness, anti racism, Palestinian liberation. You throw in war or fascism, genocide, global warming. AI should have mentioned that flesh eating worm pandemics the screw worm, right exactly. It's the the eternal omni cause, which is neomarxism. Everybody with any gripe get together and overthrow Western civilization.
Speaker 2: But here we go. Later on the issue includes some erotic poetry.
Speaker 1: Oh, here we go. Settle in everybody as Uncle Joe reads you. Erotic poetry from the Harvard Divinity School Journal Queerness, Palestinian Climate Change, AI pandemic screwworm magazine. We fell asleep, laughing, blanketed in heavy tonguing prayer temple worshippers also called trans bedmakers. I have never sexted so well, stomach thigh. I wonder if God hears bed prayer in two different ears, consummating interfaith with fingers, and then Iristoll writes to clear up any confusion. The latter verse was not written by a Graham Platner, although he may take inspiration from it. Oh my lord, anti Israel students and professors producing a queer erotic poetry magazine named after a Canaanite goddess with the university's financial support.
Speaker 4: That's havd hey speaking of the whole uh not funding universities whatever. I heard somebody make this argument a while back, Remember when DOGE was really going and then they were cutting funding for various things, and people were screaming, We're this close to curing cancer and you've pulled our funding. And I heard somebody make the argument the other day, you've got a fifty billion dollar endowment. Yeah, so if you're close to curing cancer, how about you take a little bit of that money. Since if this eighty thousand dollars or the varieties of amounts of money that were being cut, is the difference between cre and cancer or not, how about take some of that fifty billion.
Speaker 1: Dollars you're sitting on and spend the month it starts flowing again.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think if it's important, maybe you would. Anyway, more on the way Stater, Armstrong and.
Speaker 3: Getty CBS just fired longtime sixty minutes. Correspondent Scott Pelly, Yeah, the story gets more bizarre because today CBS and Now is they were placing Scott Pelley.
Speaker 2: With Byron Allen.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: In the last few months, sixty minutes has lost multiple producers and correspondence. You can tell that they got rid of a lot of people because the show is now called sixty seconds.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's beneath him. Wow. Um uh crowd boom. You could joke for eight year old.
Speaker 4: Crowd booing to the firing of Scott Pelly. Pompous ass hat Scott Pelly. I'm telling you, if you want the definition of pompous, go back three weeks and watch his interview with Senator Ben Sas, who's dying of cancer. That is the most pompous display of all time. I mean, it is something else.
Speaker 1: You highlighted one particular gesture of his and I came across this on the Twitter.
Speaker 2: Brandy Cruz wrote this.
Speaker 1: I was an intern at CBS News when Pelly would fill in for Katie Kirk on the Evening News. I watched in the control room one day as he directed them to slowly put the shot, push the shot in on him as he took his glasses off. It was so fake. I've remembered it for fifteen years carefully Orchid Trade, and then Cheryl Atkinson wants a good friend of the Armstrong and Getty show said. Perhaps David Bloom put it best quote. When Scott Pelly gets in line at Starbucks and orders coffee, he doesn't order what he really wants. He orders what he wants. People behind him to hear him order.
Speaker 2: That's really good. Oh boy.
Speaker 4: So though I don't know what's going on here, So Scott Pelly is a pompous asset despite the fact that I'm a sixty minutes fan. What do we want first? We want to pushback or be reminded of what he's like. Maybe we'll do that first. So Scott Pelly from last year, I guess he gave a commencement address.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yes, jo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, his claim being that the new management dared to interject politics into their pure hearted reporting and now outrageous that was because they're straight down the middle journalists.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but in this go ahead, But.
Speaker 5: In this moment, this moment, this morning, our sacred rule of law is underattack, is it? Journalism is under attack, Universities are under attack, freedom of speech is under attack, and insidious fear.
Speaker 2: Is reaching through our schools.
Speaker 5: Our businesses, our homes, and into our private thoughts.
Speaker 2: Who the fear to speak in America.
Speaker 5: Power can rewrite history with grotesque, false narratives. They can make criminals heroes and heroes criminals. That power can change the definition of the words we use to describe reality.
Speaker 2: People are twisting.
Speaker 5: The diversity is now described as illegal, equity is to be shunned, inclusion is.
Speaker 1: A he were.
Speaker 5: This is an old playbook, my friends.
Speaker 2: There's nothing new.
Speaker 1: In this wow to summarize. Progressives are not allowed to speak their minds on college campuses, and DEI is being demonized even though those words we all know what those words are. Good Lord, I don't think he's a dedicated neo Marxist.
Speaker 2: I don't think so either. He's a dupe.
Speaker 4: He actually believes that his crowd using diversity, equity, inclusion. They're using it in a completely honest way.
Speaker 1: That's what DEI programs are after. And the whole reaching into your thoughts. What is that all about?
Speaker 2: AnyWho?
Speaker 4: I don't know how you get that far off track where you think. I mean, I have a side I like better than the other side, but I would never in a million years claim that my side doesn't lie and cheat and twist and everything that goes on in the world of trying to win arguments that's more included.
Speaker 1: To include fraudsters and poultroys. Like Candace Owens is in Moscow right now, toubting how wonderful Russia is?
Speaker 2: Is she really what a joke?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I'm kind of confused by this part of it. So if you've been following this story at all, or listen to us. So Scott Pelly got fired the other day. It sounds like, at least according to Barry Weiss, who runs the news organization, and then that guy under him who runs sixty minutes, I forget under her who runs sixty minutes.
Speaker 2: Forget his name? Is that here might be here built in nick Builton. So they have this meeting.
Speaker 4: But they knew they were going to have this meeting with the sixty minute people, and they knew Scott Pelly was going to be a bit of an obstacle because he'd been out there saying some controversial things.
Speaker 2: So they got a hold of him. They called him.
Speaker 4: They tried to head this off and say, hey, can we come to some sort of agreement or meet before hand before the big meeting in Scott Pelly didn't want to. And then they walk into the meeting in Scott Pelly immediately hits him with a why are you here? Knowing nobody wants you here, and everybody cheered, and dude Nick Bilton says, you're not gonna intimidate me in front of this crowd, and Scott Pelly goes on about Barry Weiss is unqualified and trying to murder this program. And so he gets up and says, enjoy your bagels and walks out, and Nick Bilton does AnyWho. Scott Pelly says it didn't happen that way at all. He put out a letter yesterday. I'm saddened to see the transcript of the CBS News Morning editorial meeting. Barry Weiss knows what she said is not true. And the meeting on Tuesday in which I was effectively fired, there is no effort effort of any kind to find a way back. As Weiss said in the editorial meeting, at no point did anyone in the Tuesday meeting suggest that there gonna be steps taken by either side that would lead to a resolution. Weiss and this other dude were openly hostile from the start. Firing was raised them in the first fifteen seconds. No CBIs executive at any time, suggested a way back, and then he goes through specific things. In fact, Weiss, the Sabrowski, and Nick Bilton refused to answer my questions. I asked WWI a number of questions about why she fired the entire staff a few days before and without cause. I'm not answering that question, she said. I asked why did she not come to the sixty minutes officers to explain her actions.
Speaker 2: I'm not answering that question. Anyway.
Speaker 4: He goes through all this stuff. He's disputing there accounting of what happened in the meeting, that meeting in beforehand, so.
Speaker 2: He's pretty specific. Also, So what do you think that's going on there? I don't know. He's such an a hole. I assume he's lying.
Speaker 1: So you had the big meeting where there was the blow up, and then they got him to show up to a small meeting with the people you mentioned in private to see if they could find a way forward, and they're claiming he was completely intransigent, and he's saying no, they opened up with hostility mentioned and firing me and never gave me a chance and wouldn't answer my questions. They had no chance, intention of a pathway forward, he said, She said go away, go you want me to go? Yes, go.
Speaker 4: I am pained that the staff I want to actually read it at his pace because we have time limits. I am pained that the staff of CBS News was misled in the conference call. These executives cannot gain the trust of the staff with lies. This is antithetical to everything we stand for and reveals contempt for what journalists do.
Speaker 2: And Michael, the fact that it would happen here in America, it's even worse.
Speaker 1: They pervert language diversity is those.
Speaker 4: It's possible, having been in the real world for a long time, in particularly media, possible that they had decided to fire him and there was no keeping his job. And because we've seen that, we've seen that. Oh, I see, they had a plan and they act like, you know, there are other options on the table, but they had a plan, usually around cutbacks, usually around financial cutbacks. That so we have to get rid of these people. We're getting rid of these people. We're gonna act like there's a dialogue involved or anything like that. They do that I've seen it, so that's possible that that's what happened at CBS's and Pelly's just angry that they pretended there was an option for.
Speaker 2: Him to stay. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Nobody's debating that he gave the speech he gave at the meeting and told Nick Bilton he wasn't welcome, Barry Weiss was completely unqualified and trying to murder the program. I mean, everybody agrees that happened.
Speaker 4: Right, I'm just saying it could be possible that there was no path for him to stay, that they had decided he had to go, and we're just looking for the smoothest way to enact that because.
Speaker 2: I think he had to go.
Speaker 4: He's expensive, and he doesn't fit in with what they're trying to do. They want to bring sixty minutes back to something that is more respectable journalism, and there's no way he was going to be part of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't agree that that's true necessarily, just because Barry Weiss and Nick what's his name reached out multiple times before the big meeting where here he tried Pelly tried to stage the coup to say, hey, can we get together, can we have dinner.
Speaker 2: Can we talk about the future too, he refused. Every time.
Speaker 4: They're more optimistic than I would have been, though. I mean, so if he's calling what they want to do distortions and lies because he feels like what he was doing was the straight down the middle of the honest truth, right, give me a break to twist it if you have one, you're on social media at all. There's all kinds of clips going around from Sixty Minutes episodes over the last several years of Scott Pelly completely allowing, for instance, FBI director Andrew McKay go on and on on about about a whole bunch of crap about the Russian collusion thing that was not true, and everybody knew it wasn't true, but Scott Pelly with his glasses off.
Speaker 2: And one stem in his mouth, looking off in the distance. Hm, and we didn't play this yesterday.
Speaker 1: But then there was the sixty Minutes extra in which he and the producer got together and talked about how incredibly sound a source mackab was, how he's completely unimpeachable as a source. Just before he did just lied up and down to Congress and others got this note from Frankie and Georgia. I just wanted to reach out to you during these difficult times and say that I'm concerned about Scott Pelly, not for him personally, but for the future of your Scott Pelly impressions.
Speaker 2: You've almost perfected them.
Speaker 1: Bernie Sanders' clips and your impressions of him always cracked me up, but those have slowly dwindled away. I'm not sure I can handle losing another one.
Speaker 7: In America, we need to cut down the millionares and billion ass We need to cut down the millionaires and billionaires.
Speaker 2: Need to cut them down. Cut them down there, Frankie, I hope you enjoyed that.
Speaker 1: Scott Pelly is the perfect example of mistaking fame for importance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, in his own head. Oh where do you think we ought to eat tonight?
Speaker 2: Scott?
Speaker 4: He got any ideas? Where would I like, I'm gonna eat with someone else. I'm gonna door dash. Never mind, Okay, we will finished strong next In America.
Speaker 2: Did you do an eighth grade graduation when you were a kid? No, I have no memory of it.
Speaker 4: I think we did, which I did. I don't remember thinking about much at the time, but in retrospect, it's what the heck is that? And then they've added in kindergarten graduations. I've seen these online. We did one, my kids did one, but it was just a certificate and juice boxes, I think, but I saw one.
Speaker 2: Do they call him completion ceremonies.
Speaker 4: I don't know people in their ceremonies, but I saw one the other day where they had actually had caps and gowns for these kindergarteners. You know why, because it looks adorable. That's why these things exist. Like you've always talked about with the sports things, the uniforms, you don't need to have a full baseball uniform as a five year old, but you shouldn't be on a field at all. You sure look cute in it, so there you go. But anyway, a different topic is my son gets done with his sophomore year today, and this will be the first year since his kindergarten year that I don't pick him up from his school.
Speaker 2: He drives now.
Speaker 4: Plus he's going out with friends afterwards and they're going to go just do stuff, which is what you should do when you're sixteen years old.
Speaker 2: You're dead probably, but it'll be the.
Speaker 4: First year I don't pick him up jamming schools out for summer out the windows of my truck in the parking lot when he gets it Alice Cooper school forever.
Speaker 2: Which is not except it's not.
Speaker 4: It's out for a measly ten weeks in the modern world before school starts back up again. But you know, it's all of the stuff with kids getting older, especially when they get older. I had a friend who was talking the other day about their nephew graduated from high school and they'd been picking them up from school to help out with the family for years and that that era was over and they're really sad about it. Well, at the same time, you know, the alternative is no good, what them staying at home forever or staying in school forever or whatever. But you know, the whole bittersweetness of the whole thing. I mean, I'm glad my son is to the age of he drives himself and he hangs out with friends as opposed to being with his mom and dad, But you know, I'm not excited about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that last day of school feeling.
Speaker 1: Boy, if they could put that in a pill, everybody'd be addicted. There'd be even more junkies laying around on the sidewalks of America.
Speaker 2: Kidding.
Speaker 4: I hated school so much. I mean, so it was even more for me than the average person. I hated school, and so it being over for a little while, and you know, when you're a kid, summer seems like forever. So it was like schools out forever, because oh my god, schools out so far off when it starts to get I don't even need to think about it.
Speaker 2: Wishing an adult.
Speaker 4: He goes by that, Oh yeah, yeah, uh but.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as a high schooler, when you first start to get summer jobs and or you're required to get a summer job, and every day you don't have one, you hear about it.
Speaker 2: I remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that changes the complexion of the summertime a bit.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 4: This is going to be his first year summer where he's working, as opposed to just you know, woafing with his friends.
Speaker 2: That's a different thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was different because I worked a hard job during the summer starting.
Speaker 2: When I was fifteen, I guess, well fourteen.
Speaker 4: And so when schooliers started it was a few I get to take a little break for a while.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I still remember the feeling of gladys I think I was like a was after my freshman or maybe sophomore year of high school and a couple of my friends were a couple of years older than me, and we had for summer after summer played whiffleball until our throwing arms were hanging from our shoulders. We couldn't even lift them because we just played and played and played. And I remember the first time I gave him a call, I guess and said, hey, you want to whiffle this afternoon.
Speaker 2: He's like, no, I gotta work, Like wait what? Yeah, that's funny.
Speaker 4: That's That's exactly what happened with my son, because the weekends have started to become like that one of them's got a job or this or that or whatever, and it's a lot harder to get.
Speaker 2: Together than it used to be.
Speaker 1: Two points. Number one, childhood had come to a close. Number two, Yes, we used whiffle as a verb.
Speaker 2: The Thoughts Final Final.
Speaker 4: Here's your host for final Thoughts, Joe Getty.
Speaker 1: Let's get a final thought from everybody on the crew to wrap ups show for the day.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't that be delightful? Michael Angelow lead us off.
Speaker 6: Which final thought the closest I ever got to getting scammed was when I was younger. I got the I R S call and they wanted to collect on my tax debt. And I thought it was legit, and I got about halfway through and then something said this isn't right, and I just quickly hung up.
Speaker 1: Hmmm, yeah, good call. Good call. Your instinct serve you well, young men. Jack A final thought for us, that.
Speaker 4: Feeling of school being out and you walk out that door. It's just what comes Is there anything that comes close to that that that same feeling?
Speaker 2: No, there isn't. You would think there would be, but I don't think there is. I can't come up with it.
Speaker 1: Hey, that Friday afternoon when you walk out of work and it's vacation, you're taking a week off or whatever.
Speaker 4: That's like, Yeah, I wonder if we haven't retired, So maybe when you retire you get that feeling.
Speaker 2: I have no idea.
Speaker 1: Perhaps, yes, Gosh, my final thought is I don't really have one. Don't have a final thought.
Speaker 2: Wow, No more thoughts.
Speaker 1: Used up all your thoughts, Eat a balance, diet, take care of yourself.
Speaker 2: Suddliness is next to godliness. Used up all your thoughts today.
Speaker 1: If you're in Romania and you see a bear stay in your car and multiple thoughts.
Speaker 4: Armstrung and getty wrapping up another grueling four hour workday.
Speaker 1: So many people to thanks, so a little time, pick up some ange swag? Would you a cool T shirt or hat or hoodie? Did these enforce the law? T shirt flying off the shelves?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Those are very very cool. I wish I could grow mustache like Timothy shallow may. I just saw him on the TV.
Speaker 1: How many talents does this boy have? Acting, singing, mustache growing?
Speaker 2: We will see tomorrow.
Speaker 4: God bless America.
Speaker 2: I'm strong and getchet show Heyo Tani.
Speaker 4: He's gotta be like the equivalent of Europeans eight foot tall, doesn't he?
Speaker 1: They gotta fear him like Godzilla, I mean man.
Speaker 4: When he comes back to Tokyo, he's probably walking through the streets and.
Speaker 2: They got airplanes flying around and try to stop him. Makes those noises. I've never heard it makes that noise. But he might be on shun Ain't jetty so arshrong and