Speaker 1: The volume, Who are the pretenders? And who are the contenders?
Speaker 2: We're more than halfway through the NFL season, but Draft Kings Sportsbook is still pumbing out unbeatable offers every single game. New customers can bet just five bucks on anything and get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets.
Speaker 1: Draft Kings isn't stopping there.
Speaker 2: All customers can take advantage of a switener offer every game day this October. Get in on all the football actions with Draft Kings Sportsbook, an official sports betting partner of the NFL. Download the out and out and use Cold Shannon. New customers can bet just five dollars on anything and get two hundred dollars instantly in bonus bets only. Draft Kings Sportsbook with Cold Shannon. The Crown is Yours.
Speaker 3: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or visit www dot one eight hundred gambler dot Net, New York called eight seven seven eight Hope and Why or text hope and Why to four six seven three six nine and can Etiquette help us available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino and Resort in Kansas. Licensing partner Golden Nugget Like Charles Louisiana twenty one plus age varies by jurisdiction void in Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. See Sportsbook dot DraftKings dot com, slash Football terms for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and responsible gaming resources.
Speaker 2: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, thank you for joining us again for another episode of Nightcamp. Please do not forget to click that subscribe button. Therefore you're caught up. You'll know when all the latest news and information that originates from Nightcap will be the released, and you'll also know every time we go live, So please do not forget to click that subscribe button. Welcome to another edition of Nightcap. I'm your favorite unk, Shannon Sharp, He's your favorite. Number eighty five Cincinnati Bengals legend Chad Ocho Senko Johnson. Congratulations to the Charge We're gonna get right into it.
Speaker 1: Oho. Congratulations to the Chargers. They beat the Bears thirty to thirteen.
Speaker 2: And because that game was not very very interesting, let's go ahead and get into it because we have a lot of games that we got to get into.
Speaker 1: The ninth. Yeah, the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Go on the road lose to the Denver Broncos twenty four to nine. What was one of your takeaways A couple of your takeaway from this game, Ojo.
Speaker 4: Well, first off, I would like to give a shout out to Russell Wilson. I think you should give Russell Wilson his credit as well. I'm waiting to say it. Russell Wilson did a good job. Russell Wilson beat the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 1: Can you say that? I want to know.
Speaker 2: I want to make sure so I will said, I'll let you go some this is what so I'm gonna make sure I'm hearing you correct, Yes, sir. The Denver Broncos defense ranked thirty four thirty first points allowed, thirty second in yards allowed. They took the ball away five times. Patrick Mahomes had never lost to an AFC rolled opponent. Yeah, he had a sixteen game winning streak. He scored nine points. A team that led by Patrick Mahomes scored nine points. And your takeaway, a guy that completed twelve passes that was your takeaway, Russell Wilson?
Speaker 1: Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, And I'm just asking. I gave you the floor, o Joe. I gave you, I.
Speaker 1: Gave you an opportunity. So now go back, go ahead, listen to me. When a team loses and when a team wins.
Speaker 4: When a team loses is the quarterback's fault, as the quarterback gets most of the blame.
Speaker 1: So what you want to do is you want to run off.
Speaker 4: Everything that the defense did, what Patrick Mahomes didn't do, and not get Russell Wilson his credit.
Speaker 2: I'm asking you, So your takeaway a team that a team that a defense that's thirty thirty first in points, thirty seconds in yards, took the all away five times a team now mind you, now a Patrick Mahomes team. The last time that he did not throw a touchdown in the game was almost two years ago. And so your takeaway was Russell Wilson, a guy that completed twelve passes.
Speaker 1: That's all I'm asking. Did they win the game? Yes? But your take so in another.
Speaker 4: Word, are you saying, are you okay?
Speaker 1: Okay? So you so?
Speaker 4: So we're just telling me right now, right, So what you're saying, is the points that the Denver Broncos scored offensively?
Speaker 1: Are you taking that away from Russell Wilson?
Speaker 4: Not take past the oo Jerry Judy script Ojo, I'm asking.
Speaker 2: To see you're not listening to what I'm saying. So you're saying your biggest takeaway from the game was Russell Wilson. Yeah, Russell, No, no, no, no, no, Russell Wilson. I asked, I said, oh, Jo, what would your big takeaway from this game? Give me your one of two takeaways? And you said, Russell Wilson.
Speaker 1: You know what, they won the game.
Speaker 4: This is the same Denver Broncos that Miami puts seventy upon right, yes, right did?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is the same defense. So how many points of the defense give up to day nine? To who? So let me ask you a question. Who's the best quarterback in the NFL? Patrick Mahomes?
Speaker 2: And they Patrick Mahomes had never lost a road game to an AFC A West opponent. Yes, he had won sixteenth straight against the Broncos. And your takeaway from this game with a guy that completed twelve.
Speaker 4: Passes exactly, I'm giving them, Craig, because they won the game. Because because we've been killing not me, the media has been killing Russell Wilson for them not playing well, him and Sean Payton not yelling well offensively.
Speaker 1: You do realize that Russell six facts? Wait, wait, who took six sacts? Russell? Oh? So we blaming Russell Wilson for sack?
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, I don't think you understand when your takeaways if Russe if they had gotten to a shootout, they had won the game forty three thirty and Russell out due Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying you don't give, but your.
Speaker 2: Takeaway from what that defense that took the ball away from Patrick Mahomes kept him out of the end zone for the first time in a touchdown pass for almost two.
Speaker 1: Years, And your takeaway is rus because the me, Yes, what's you go with that? Which Roman you?
Speaker 4: If it sounded like to me, you're doing everything that discredit Russell Wilson.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, I'm not stay with me, Oh Joe, I'm not discredited. But nobody that watched that game left that game saying that Russell Wilson is back to being Russell Wilson, that Russell Wilson was.
Speaker 1: The reason why they won the game. Nobody's doing that.
Speaker 2: But you I get it if you want to give Russ credit, if you want to cape up for these players, because you're an advocate for the player.
Speaker 1: I got no problem with that.
Speaker 2: But if you left this game with a defense that was dead last or next to last and points in yards allowed, and they kept Patrick Mahomes out of the en zone and they took the ball away from him five times, if you took if you left this game saying Russell Wilson is great.
Speaker 4: Can actually can I ask you a question? They took the ball away from five times? How many of those turnovers equated to off of the touchdowns by the offense for the Broncos.
Speaker 1: How many of those turnovers? Yes? Remember how many of those turnovers?
Speaker 4: Who accounted when the when indeed it took the ball away five times? How many times in no turnover did the offense score?
Speaker 2: The offense scored twenty four points of five turnovers, right, hold on many? How many points did they score off those turnovers? Russell had Russell had three had Russell had three touchdown passes one hundred and fourteen yards.
Speaker 4: So out of the five turnovers, three of those equated the twenty one points because of who.
Speaker 1: Well, I think the opening drive.
Speaker 2: I think when they got the ball, I think they stopped Kansas City and they went down and scored. So I know, at least I'm gonna say at least let's say seventeen. Let's say seventeen or the twenty four points they scored came up came up of a turnover.
Speaker 1: Okay, seventeen and twenty four points.
Speaker 4: So if the defense got five turnovers, yes, Russell Wilson accounted for seventeen points the five turnovers, Yes, who won the game?
Speaker 1: Again, the Broncos won? Who you not? Russels? Don't do that.
Speaker 2: We're not faying in this moment. We're on here to critique and analyze.
Speaker 1: We're not.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, we're we're critiqued. Okay, let's critique and analyze. Okay, let's let's critique in the Bronco and defense had a hell of a game.
Speaker 1: They did something.
Speaker 4: That's not what with Broncos defense had a hell of a game. But let's say, let's saying we got to deal with what we got.
Speaker 1: Let's deal with what we got out of the five turnovers.
Speaker 4: What happens if Russell Wilson doesn't capitalize and doesn't get those seventeen points.
Speaker 2: Okay, since we're doing hypothetical what happened if Patrick Mahome doesn't turn the ball over five times?
Speaker 1: Since we're doing hypotheticals, you you know what, you know what, you know what, you know what.
Speaker 4: You're not gonna get Russell Wilson this credit.
Speaker 1: He gonna get you to night, o Cho and this.
Speaker 2: Moment, I asked you your big take of ways, it's not about so let.
Speaker 4: Me, I said, I said, listen, your biggest takeaway was the fact that the Broncos defense took the ball away, had five turnovers.
Speaker 1: That there's something that the Bronx. So.
Speaker 2: So now I'm just gonna make sure I'm hearing you correctly because I want to pin you down on this one. So you said Russell Wilson was more impressive than the Broncos defense.
Speaker 4: No, the Broncos defense was very impressive. It was very impressive. Especially listen, let me stay. They stay with me because I want to leave. I want to leave with the quarterback that everybody had been crushing. I want to leave with Ross.
Speaker 2: That's why, O Joe, we're not fans, You're you're paid to analyze the game.
Speaker 1: You I'm I'm analyzing the game. I'm anaizing game.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, do you realize what you just said? You said the Broncos defense was more impressive.
Speaker 4: But you said what I said, the Broncos defense was impressive today. But Russell Wilson led drives that he quated, the seventeen points of the twenty four that they scored off the five.
Speaker 2: Turnovers, Russell Nick Boltono pressure Russell press, pressure Mahomes eight times. Baron Browning slacked him. Going into the game, he had only been sacked like six times, five times. He got sacked three times a day, including a script sack.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying Russell looked. He looked more decisive when it wasn't there he took off. Yeah, he took six sacks, but I'd rather him take a sack than put the ball in Harm's way. Kudos, Russ did not turn the Russ. I don't think he turned the ball over today. That's fine, But you can't say your biggest take That's like saying now if you want.
Speaker 1: To, you can you you can't do that.
Speaker 4: You can't tell me what my biggest takeaway has to has it has to be just like yours. My biggest takeaway, you know what. The defense played well, The defense play well, you know what. But my biggest takeaway was when they got the ball back. When the Broncos win, it mattered most. Russell Wilson Jerry Judy were able to execute the offense and put up seventeen points of the five turnovers that make sure they won the goddamn game.
Speaker 2: Yes, they Okay, that's that. You're right, you know what, O Joe, that's your biggest takeaway.
Speaker 1: Thank you. You wanted to cape for Russ because you feel the I'm just telling you. I'm telling you what happened. It's not watch the game.
Speaker 2: You do realize that I saw your tweet the game, Joe, Ojo, you do realize I saw your tweet, the tweet that said that you was gonna make sure. So come on now, you do realize. Okay, so we get.
Speaker 1: I want you to. I want you to give Russ's credit. You haven't given me the credit yet.
Speaker 2: No, you're caping minuted. We're not fans. We're not fans, oh, Joe.
Speaker 1: I'm not a fan. I'm not I'm not being a fan.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm just telling you what I saw, and I'm giving you just told me.
Speaker 2: How you gonna tell me what I saw? You just told me I couldn't do that to you. Now you're gonna turn around and tell me what I saw.
Speaker 1: Can you do me a favor? Can you do me a favor? It all appeal, know what it is, do me a favorite. Give Russ's credit real quick on today's Joe, I just want you want to give it today. I said a defense. I said, a defense play well, Ojo, it's not Ojo.
Speaker 2: I just said I thought Russ was as decisive today, and it's throwing the football in the pocket. He took off and got some very valuable first downs with his legs. But for me, if you left that game, Russ completed twelve passes. They ran the ball forty times. They do it nineteen times.
Speaker 4: If you take what the defense is giving you, you take what the defense is giving you.
Speaker 2: Time out, you tell me, do not let the defense dictate what we do. You've been saying that for eight week. Now, you take what the defense give you.
Speaker 1: Whoa whoa whoa wo Listen to me, now, listen. If it's working and it's not broken, you don't fix yo, Ojo. You said if it's working, if it's.
Speaker 4: Working and it's not bread, if it's working and it's not broken, it's no need to fix it.
Speaker 1: O Jo, That's not what you said.
Speaker 2: You said you hate when def when officers let defenses dictate.
Speaker 1: No, I was.
Speaker 4: I was speaking on a simple perspective of allowing defense to take away your best target.
Speaker 1: Okay, from a receiver standpoint, you.
Speaker 2: Just told me, you just told everybody that's watching he took what the defense gave him. So when I've been telling you you take what the defense gives you, you tells me you can't let the defense dictate.
Speaker 1: Now, which is it?
Speaker 4: And if I'm if I'm not mistaken, I think I was speaking and when it was when it was pertaining to Devonte Adams, If I'm not mistaken, I think that's take it.
Speaker 2: What the defense gave was Okay, the defense not giving them Davonte.
Speaker 1: I mean, okay, okay, I get it going.
Speaker 4: But if they based on the team and based on what we're talking about right now, I think what they need is today the defense was giving them the run, and the run was working.
Speaker 1: So what do you keep on doing? You keep on running it Okay, the fact.
Speaker 4: That wait, let me finish the fact that he only needed to complete twelve passes and still came away with a victory.
Speaker 2: What does that tell you? It tells me that the Broncos played very well today. The Chiefs didn't have their best stuff, and Patrick Mahomes was awful. I'm not gonna use oh, he was sick and he had the bug. We don't use excuses because if he'd have played well, we'd have been talking about he was Michael Jordan. But I'm glad we don't have to talk about that because all I know is I saw fifteen and I saw Mahomes on the back of that jersey. So there's a level of expectation. I don't want to hear nothing about the fumbles. I don't want to hear anything about the drops. It is what it is. He knew going into that game. They knew going into the season that these receivers were young. Scott Moore hasn't gotten any better since his rookie season. Rice is hit or missed. Baddell Scanley one game, he's gonna catch a touchdown and play well. The next game, he's gonna drop and he's gonna fumble. We know that, we know the only receiver that he can consistently count on is Travis Kelsey. And he didn't have his best day. And I'm kind of disappointed because, you know, Friday night he was at the Rangers game. What's wrong with that? It's the middle of the season. What do you mean, what's wrong with that? Oh?
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa, whoa whoa. Listen. I know the Chiefs lost, I know they lost. I know my homes. They have a game.
Speaker 4: I know Travis Travis Kelcey didn't have a game. But you're not gonna tell me you can't. You can't enjoy yourself on a Friday night, which is a short day.
Speaker 1: Listen to me, it's a short day.
Speaker 2: It was it was in Texas. He lives in Kansas City.
Speaker 1: Oh ship, okay, okay, okay, yeah, oh yeah, yeah tripping that's different, okay.
Speaker 4: And the idea, I definitely would be getting on a plane to go on no Reperendo game, but that was that. That was the World Series game, right, I'm mistaken. If it's kid, let me in Kansas City. If it's in Kansas City's got no problem with that.
Speaker 2: But you mean to tell me you're gonna get on a plane and go to Arlington and then you got a game on Sunday during the season.
Speaker 1: That's a bad that's a bad that's a bad look.
Speaker 4: I mean, listen, based on what what Travis Kelsey has been doing, based on what he's been able to do, the consistency he's put up year and a year out, game by game, it's hard to really argue the fact that he was taking a mental reset to go watch the World Series game.
Speaker 1: It's the reason why he didn't play well.
Speaker 2: The team in itself, and I'm saying I'm not saying that's the reason why he didn't play well. I'm not saying you as a bad look though. Serious, it's an awful look. It's a terrible look. If it was the bye week. Oh yo, you do realize this is the NFL. You got a game on Sunday, You're gonna bord a plane. Let me ask your question.
Speaker 4: Every coach that's that's a mental reset, though, every coach Job.
Speaker 2: Ever played for has always told us one thing. On Friday, make sure you get off your feet. Make sure you get off your feet. I'm sure everybody that's in the NFL has heard the exact same thing. They don't say, hey, we understand that we ain't got no game on Saturday, but hey go And then if you look at it, there's videos popping up. If he was like, he was like raging, he was like, out come on, that's a horrible look. I'm not saying it's a bad look. I'm saying it's a horrible look. And tram My guy, but it's not a good look.
Speaker 4: I understand what you're saying, but it's honestly, honestly, I love you to death, but it's really hard for me to treat with you on this. And I understand everybody is different. I think, remember, you gotta understand matter, right. Because of the player, Because of the caliber player, Travis Kelce has a little bit more leniency to do something like that on a Friday, to have a mental reset, to go enjoy a World Series game and be able to come back and before because you know what you get from him. You know, you know what you get. I don't want Travis Kelce to do that because of the look. If somebody else had done that, but Travis.
Speaker 1: Is a leader.
Speaker 4: Somebody else can't do that. They can't do that. Travis is the leader. I do, but see heard the thing.
Speaker 2: Even though I was a leader, I never did anything where the team could see that I was getting privileges.
Speaker 1: Because I'm telling you, they'll grow to resenture.
Speaker 2: Remember the Russell Wilson, how he got the locker, how he had the office, how he got to come in certain things. He had earned it. He won the Super Bowl, he had been a multiple time Pro Bowl player. I'm telling you how human and that how the human mind works. Your teammates will grow to I don't care what you've accomplished. Don't thumb their nose in it. Don't make them feel old, because don't do it. It's a horrible look.
Speaker 1: And know you asked that's a tough one. That's a tough one.
Speaker 2: It's not a tough one, O shoe, It's not a tough one. It's really not.
Speaker 1: Like I said.
Speaker 2: If it's the bye week and we can get into we're gonna talk about the bye weeks. And you know how some guys, you know, because when I played you, we got Thursday. We got Thursday at noon off, and then we had Friday, Saturday, Sunday. We had to be back Monday by noon. Now they get their entire week off and you and I'll get into that. What's the proper way to reset during the bye week? You and I discussed that a little later, but during the season, in the NFL season, that's a bad look, bro.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, Yeah, I got you. Listen. Time to different now.
Speaker 4: Everybody different, Everybody has a different approach to the game. Everybody operates differently on the way they do things, and and it's hard for me to judge. And I'm just saying, if I was a team of the Kelsey's no and and I understand.
Speaker 1: I would be disapported. I would be I would be very upset. I wouldn't. I would that.
Speaker 4: That's that's that's his decision. That's his decision. And he's earned the right to be able to do that and the right to be able to do that. Hey, listen, when when Sunday? What is Kelsey giving me on Sunday when it's time to play at one o'clock. I don't care what you're doing on your off time. I'm just having me personally. I'm just telling me personally for you, you would have been upset. I don't control. I don't I'm not I'm not controlling and conducting what somebody does.
Speaker 1: I'm what are you gonna do? What are you gonna do for me on Sundays at one o'clock?
Speaker 2: That's all make you correctly, If the player is good, you don't care what he does.
Speaker 1: When when the player is great, don't do that. Okay, don't do that.
Speaker 2: When the play is great, you don't care what he does. As long as he show up for you and play well on.
Speaker 4: Sunday, that's all. That's all that matters. That's what he gets paid to do.
Speaker 1: Oho. I'm gonna be honest, that's what that's what he gets paid to do.
Speaker 4: All the stuff and all the optics and all that other stuff, I ain't.
Speaker 1: I don't care about that. What you're doing. What you're doing for me on Sunday at one o'clock. Oho, it doesn't work like that, It doesn't, it really does. OO.
Speaker 2: I mean I played the game, you played the game by the same amount of But that's a that's that's a bad look that's let's that's what let's that's but that's a bad that's a that's a that's a jaded way of thinking.
Speaker 4: That because of thinking, not a jada way. Because listen, there they are privileges there. There are so many examples of privileges of certain players that are really good, that get to do things that others can't. That's been the layer of the land for the longest. Let's not act like that.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: You do that, Okay? The quarterback getting a parking spot is one thing. Leaving your leaving your team to go to fly to Texas. You do realize now, I can see it if it was his dad, if it was his brother. But I'm saying I don't really know the affiliation with him in Kansas City, And that's fine, But that's still a horrible look. O Cho to leave in the middle of the season and go watch a baseball game when how many times now would he have been upset if another player had done that? So what's to stop another player from going to do something? So what's stopping Patrick Mahomes from going to watch a game during the Super Bowl on a Friday before the Super Bowl?
Speaker 1: Why? Why not? Can I tell you something? Sure? Can I tell you something real quick? Sure? Man?
Speaker 4: These boys don't care about that. Man, I'm just telling you, no, they don't care about that.
Speaker 1: That's fine. They don't care. They're not interested in.
Speaker 2: But I do I think he I think he does care and I wish you to put a little bit more thought into it because because the optics of it is not a very good look. So that's that's that's that's where I that's where I am. That's where I am on that I got. Let's go, Let's go to the other quarterback, the forty nine ers to your team again. Brock Purty had zero picks in his first five wins. He had five picks in his last three lost three games. Yeah, I said something after they scored forty two ten, they beat the Cowboys forty two ten, and I got hammered for it. I said, brock Purty is not elite. I said, if y'all think you elite, you're fooling yourself.
Speaker 1: Now I'm not. I'm not. I don't like to do.
Speaker 2: You know, Hindsight is a magnificent sign. It's perfect because you get to look today already knowing what happened yesterday. Right, what's your takeaway? What do you think of rock Party?
Speaker 4: Brock didn't have a very good game. He didn't have very very good game. And the first thing I said, when no Trent Willims, no Deebo Samuels, he would have to play that much better when the talent around you is not what it should be. That means you have to play that much better to make up for what not for what's not there.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you did what he could do?
Speaker 4: Christian McCaffrey did what he could do, But when it came down to it, Purdy didn't do what was necessary to give his team a chance to win the game.
Speaker 2: Two pigs fumble loss. The thing that I wanted to see, and this is the way I said. I want to see when every throw matters, with every possession matter, not when you're a head way ahead.
Speaker 1: And you see, now, o Joe, the defense is starting to slip a little bit, and now every throw matters, every possession matters. They can't they can't stifle team.
Speaker 2: They're not getting short fields, the defense not turning you over, getting short feels.
Speaker 1: Now we get an opportunity.
Speaker 2: Opportunity to see the level of greatness and see when I said he was an elite, that doesn't mean.
Speaker 1: He can't become elite.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, as I sit here and judge him today, he's not.
Speaker 4: Elite, right, And I think it's masked when you have so much talent like that around you, you know you can you can look elite at that time when you have that type of supporting cast around you. Rock Purty is a very good quarterback. Yes, Rock Purty is a very good quarterback. But is he on the elite level? He's not that just yet. But I have a question. I just I just the drift off just a little bit. Go ahead. The fact that the forty nine ers defense is not really declining, but didn't look like themselves to day.
Speaker 1: Or was it the fact that Joe Burrow is now healthy?
Speaker 2: Well, I thought that Joe, Joe has gotten healthy. The bye week I came at a great time for them because they gave him an extra week to get that calf, and he got an opportunity to stay off his legs.
Speaker 1: Rest that calf.
Speaker 2: But I thought the Cincinnati Bengals, the Bengals offensive line did a great job a job and he did a great job he had. They had him a couple of times when he got out and through it, got out and got first down.
Speaker 1: Listen, Joe Hudini Burrow and and.
Speaker 2: You saw today they ran a quarterback draw. He got a first down, He got out of harm the way he took off. So that tells me that that calf is one hundred percent because there was no hesitation.
Speaker 4: Remember remember how you said, I think I can't remember exactly what you said. But when the Bengals are owing to and I told you just be patient, Yeah, just be patient. Yeah, the calf, Oh, Joe Burrows hurt. They don't look the same. And I've told, I told the rest of the world. I say, listen, we always start like this. We always started like this. And it's one thing about the Bengals. When everybody is healthy and humming, we're gonna be all right. Everybody panicking and you ask me, is it tiny hit the panic? But it's okay. The football season is not a sprint. It's a marathon. It's about here. It's about hitting your stride at the right time. Timing is impeccable, and we hit it at the right time. And this momentum is gonna continue to carry on. And you know who else in trouble You know, in trouble next, Buffalo, Buffalo, the Bills. No disrespect to Josh and Stefan Diggs, Theay in trouble next.
Speaker 2: My only concerns O Joe what I felt that was different than the previous season when you started.
Speaker 1: And two is that Joe Burrow was healthy.
Speaker 2: If you told me Joe, if you told me Joe was one hundred percent, I was like, Okay, I've seen I've kind of seen this movie before, and I know he'll figure it out. He and step on Diggs and get on the same page. They'll they'll do a little better job of running the football.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 2: Joe Mixon had a season's best eighty seven yards rushing. Jamar Chase was Jamar Chase. Ten catchers one hundred yards, didn't get the ball into the end zone, but he had some big time catches.
Speaker 1: Drew I think two passing appears. Yeah, Chase Chase scored once he did. He had what you call him.
Speaker 2: He had that the slot route and they thinked that they're gonna run the jail breakscreen. The heir come everybody running and he slid right down the side. You're right, You're right, my bad. Ten catchers one hundred yards and a touchdown. Three different receivers scored a touchdown. Boyd had it going and got some key third downs early in the ball game. This is how the Bengals offense but what was really really impressive.
Speaker 1: Was their defense they did. They did a job of taking the ball away. Great job.
Speaker 4: Take Taylor Brett. I know you're gonna see this. Jermaine Pratt, I know you're gonna see this. I love y'all boys who they keep it going?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And what's the twenty one? Hyatt? Hilton?
Speaker 4: Hilton Hilton, Yeah, he played, Listen, he played. He played nasty boy. Yes, real savvy, real savvy veteran.
Speaker 1: Very bad.
Speaker 2: It looks like that division is gonna be a clash. I think Baltimore is gonna kick themsel. Baltimore could could have had a commanding lead in this division had they went ahead and taken care of business with the Steelers. We saw the Steelers lose again today Jacksonville. The Browns lost. So it looks like it's gonna come. It's gonna be a two horse race in this division, Cincinnati and Baltimore.
Speaker 4: Can I tell you something, Yes, I'm not Cleo. I don't have a genie. I can't predict the future.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 4: I can't, But I can tell you about the script when it comes to the NFL, And I can tell you how it's gonna end and This is no disrespect to the Browns.
Speaker 1: This is no direspect to the Ravens.
Speaker 4: The AFC North is going through Cincinnati, and I mean that with all due respect to everybody for fans and all that, But I'm just saying we're hitting our stride at the.
Speaker 2: Right times, hitting this fride too.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you've been noticing listen, no, no, well I notice.
Speaker 4: I know rape Ravens got the best defense, best defensive league.
Speaker 1: Now I understand, I understand that.
Speaker 4: But I'm just saying, when the time comes, it's gonna come down to coming out THEFC, the Ravens and the Bengals, and we already know who coming out on top, especially on the back end of the season.
Speaker 1: Well we go see.
Speaker 2: I think Al Jack l Jack or Lamar Jackson Action Jackson don't have something said.
Speaker 1: By l Jack is the real deal. That's that's home team.
Speaker 4: No disrespect to him, but again, you know, in my allegiance lies and just what we can do offensively, I think it gives it gives the Ravens problems as opposed to any other team that they're gonna face in at AFC.
Speaker 2: While we all love watching our favorite teams on television. There's nothing better than being at a game live and in person, sitting court side ticket for me, and the best way to get tickets to any of these games is on game Time, the fast and growing ticket app in the US. Game Time is obsessed with finding ways to help you save money on tickets. You can find exclusive flash deals and sponsored deals on games and concerts daily, and with game Time Guarantee, you'll always get the best price. If you find the tickets in the same section and row for less, game Time will credit you one hundred and ten percent of the difference, So take the guests work out of buying tickets with game Time. Download the game Time app, creat an account and redeem code Nightcap for twenty dollars off your first purchase.
Speaker 1: Terms apply again. Download game Time app.
Speaker 2: End of the code Nightcap that's inn Ightcap.
Speaker 1: For twenty dollars off.
Speaker 2: Download game Time Today Last minute tickets, Lord's Price Guaranteed. We go to the Cowboys. They do a demolition job on the Rams forty three to twenty Scott uh the defense was out.
Speaker 1: Standing again today.
Speaker 2: That was twenty five or thirty one, three or four four touchdowns, one intercepsion. He was throwing the ball over the middle. The guy got his hands up at care him a couple of times and got picked off. Ceedee Lamb twelve or Buck fifty eight? Two touchdowns? Did you realize this, oh, Joe, I don't know if you realized this. This was the first time, first time Dallas offense scored more than two touchdowns since Week one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I knew, I knew. I knew he was going. I knew that's where you was going.
Speaker 4: I knew that' where he's going because the entire season, all we talked about is the defense and how well they played and taking the ball away and giving giving the excuse me, giving the Cowboys offense short feels and defense scoring touchdowns and making it easy where other teams were always playing from behind. But what did Dak Prescott show us today? I thought, da favorite, do me favorite? Dak played a hell of a game, doom favorite sat.
Speaker 1: Four four touchdowns, one pick? Yeah, can you get? Can you get? Can you get?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 1: Deck is credit today? I thought he played well, play well, play well. Yes, I thought he played very well. He played he was elite. He was elite today in the in the deck that you that we need.
Speaker 2: What we're not gonna do. If we're not gonna put elite one day, then take it off the next day. Either your elite or you're not.
Speaker 4: If Dak Prescott, if the NFL, the NFL is is week the week, it's week the week.
Speaker 1: Not great.
Speaker 2: Greatness is not week the week. Oh stop this now, stop look stop, stay with me. How did Patrick mahone play last week?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: If he not so, how did Patrick mahone play last week? Ocho? How did he play today? Ojo?
Speaker 2: So are you saying because Patrick Mahomes had two bad weeks, he's not great, he's not elite? Who That's not what I just said. I said the NFL is week the week. This week, Dak Prescott was elite, Oh Joe, But we don't sign if you can you were you know what you can assigned elite and that's however you want to thank you, thank you people at home, and you know, greatness and elitness is not a week to week thing. Granted you update your resume, but once you're in elite. Patrick Mahomes is elite. Patrick Mahomes is great. Because he hasn't played well in two weeks, we don't take him out.
Speaker 1: Of that eliteness. Wait a minute, I didn't you did you said? I just asked you.
Speaker 2: I said, Dak Prescott elite? You said he was elite to day. You said he was elite today.
Speaker 1: I said, oh Joe, he was was elite today. He was elite today? Did you not I saw? I watched the game. I watched the game. Oh shoe, I'm not saying not even I'm not even a Cowboys fan. I watched the game. I saw Dak Prescott do what everybody said he couldn't do. It hasn't done then? Tired end of the season so far? Let mess your question. What hasn't he done? What have so? Okay again, they were two for four in the red zone, they're still fifty. You just say they hadn't done since Week one? Score two score two touchdowns offensive touchdown?
Speaker 4: How many did they score offensively? What did CD Lamb do today? They gotta show while he's one of the best okay in the league. Oo o cho, But you do you are you?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: When you watch the game?
Speaker 2: Did you did you see that pick six by dron Bland who now has three pick six Okay, I'm just asking, I'm just making sure because.
Speaker 4: He left the ball and they left the ball too far behind. But okay, yeah, okay, did you see the block point for safety?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay. Did you see Kevon Turpin run the ball back to almost a ten yardy?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: So ocho all of that.
Speaker 2: I'm not taking anything away from the offense. But what is what I've said is that it seems like the Cowboys offense gets going in the right direction when their defense. Michael, what did Michael do today? Michael? You see Michael strip sack, forest bumble sack short fields, that's all. Look, my problem was is that when they get created those opportunities, that wasn't taking advantage of them. So now, if the cow if you tell if you tell me, Ojo, this is the Cowboys we're gonna see moving forward. I'm gonna say everybody in the NFC gonna have their damn hands full if the Cowboys are gonna If the cow you're gonna get pick sixes. And we've seen when the Cowboys play great, what do they do? They're always spearheaded by what pick sixes, punts, gooop and scores or short fields.
Speaker 1: But that go ahead football. Yes, they are three phases to the game.
Speaker 4: Yes, and normally when you win in all three phases, Yes, you get what you get what you got today.
Speaker 2: If you look at the Cowboys when they win a game, they don't just win all three phases, they dominate, right, they don't win. You look at what they did to the Patriots. You look at what they did to the Jets. You look at what they did to the Giants. Now we look at the Giants offensively, we're gonna talk about them a little later. We look at those teams and if you look at what they did to the ram when they when they they don't win all three phases, they dominate. And when you dominate all three, if you can dominate two of the three phases, there's probably a seventy five chance percent chance you're gonna win. When you dominate all three, it's all you're almost unbeatable. And that's what we're that's what we're seeing, right.
Speaker 4: And one of the things that I like, and you can attest to this when you when you have a game like today, we see Slam has a game like that, and Dak Prescott has a game like that that defense and Makaia has a game like that. Do you know the type of confidence you have after a performance like that going into the week in practice and going into the next game.
Speaker 1: It carries over.
Speaker 4: It carries over not just with the individual players, but the team as well. Offensively that gonna be you know, you get it. You get a different bounce to yourself. Man, you get a different bounce to just a different or or a different walk. It just it's something about having a good game and you want that momentum to carry.
Speaker 2: Because you know what they played next week, They got the Eagles. Next week's the next week in Philly, so and so they really needed this game. Jerry Jones after game said he didn't want to talk about the upcoming Philly game because he doesn't want to poke the bear. Dak was told of this, and Dak Paul smiled, pour honey on me. If you ever see me in a fight with the bear, pour honey on me. I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 1: I like it. I like it.
Speaker 4: And that's This is one of the few times where Jerry Jones then step up to the plate and give the opposing team balloont to board material.
Speaker 1: Down the bulletin board.
Speaker 2: I said, what I remember we played at Tennessee Titans and in the playoff game, Ojo and all the little comments that we had said because they had you know, NFL's films wasn't supposed to release what we were saying in our locker room, but they released it anyway, And so they had all the montage what coach Billick was saying, what I have said, what Ray has said, and so you know what I said, I said, whatever they say, we said, We said it. Now what y'all gonna do by it? So at the end of the day, ojo, whether I said a little or I said a lot, that a lot. Yeah, we still got to play the game. We still got to We still got to. Hey, we gotta boocket this thing up. We got to strap these pads up. Yeah, no matter what, no matter what I say. So you know what, I'll be quiet well, sis Yanna ain't say nothing this week. We're gonna go easy on them now, he talking list, get it you, Oh, it don't matter. You know, all the same, it's all the same. So that's gonna be a barn burner. That's gonna be a barn burner next week.
Speaker 1: That's that's gonna be a good game. They got, they got the one o'clock at four o'clock slate they need to change.
Speaker 2: Normally, they normally they devill never put the Cowboys and Eagles in the one o'clock window.
Speaker 1: That's always gonna be the lake. But that's probably for the folk folks.
Speaker 2: Is that the yet after four twenty five might be a Sunday night game. It's the late game. It's the late game. Yeah, that's a you know by former network Fox. Ain't really trying to give up No Cowboys, Cowboys Eagle. Oh hell no Cowboys forty nine. Absolutely not. You're not trying to give up that game.
Speaker 1: Take it? Okay.
Speaker 2: The Jets get an improbable win. They come back, they beat third string quarterback Tommy DeVito.
Speaker 1: Who played more like o Jo had.
Speaker 2: What it was, I had more passing yards than Tommy DeVito, and I ain't leaving my couch.
Speaker 1: I ain't trying to hear all that I had ladies and gentlemen at home.
Speaker 2: Shannon Sean, fifty five years of age, sitting on his couch in LA had more passing yards than Tommy Debto.
Speaker 1: Zach Wilson and the Jets beat the Giants.
Speaker 2: Did you realize you had more passing yards than Tommy de Beato when the last time you threw an NFL ball.
Speaker 4: What does that have to do with the outcome of the game today, Zach Wilson said, with me, Zach Wilson, think about what you just saying.
Speaker 1: Think about I want I want you to think about what you just said. You said the same thing I said.
Speaker 2: You said on the end of your bed, you had more passing yards sitting on the end of your bed been a quarterback did in the NFL with nine path.
Speaker 1: What does that have to do? What do we have to do with the personnel for the Giants?
Speaker 4: What do we have we don't do. I ain't got nothing to do with that. I ain't got nothing to do with that. They know what they had on their roster. They know what they had on their roster. That is not going to take away the fact that a game, in the game, the NFL game in itself, it is about moments. It's about moments. Exact Wilson played great, No exact Wilson lose.
Speaker 1: The game for the just not stay stay with me. Was he in a position to help his team win in a pit pivotal moment at the end of the game in overtime? Yes, did he not make two important.
Speaker 4: Clutch I don't even know how to spell clutch because I can't drive stick. Did he make did he make two crazy clutch throws to put his team in a position win the game?
Speaker 2: Big time big say his name with me, do throws? And that's his job is to not lose the game. You don't have to win it. Just like you said, sometimes the game comes down to a throw here or throws there, and the throws when it mattered, he made them.
Speaker 1: Yes. If I had a camp, I tipp it. Thank you, thank you, And that's what and that's exactly. I hope you see this.
Speaker 4: Give your love, and that's what it's about. But that was That was a terrible game to watch though. It was okay, Yeah, let me listen to the weather played the part. The weather played the part. Now, I know you have to adapt to you have to play. You have to to one thousand yards and punts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was twenty three points between the two twenty three points between the two teams and twenty four punts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was. It was bad.
Speaker 2: It's five passing yards, O Joe. That's why I said we had more. You and I had more pass yard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you're right, you're right. It was an other game for.
Speaker 2: Thirty four third down. I don't know if I've ever heard of stath Do you owe for thirty four? I mean four for thirty four.
Speaker 1: On third doubts that that's bad. That's a bad that's a bad football. It isn't a football.
Speaker 2: But you know, but I take my hats off to the fans because me, I'm gonna be fair weather. If it ain't got dang on eighty degrees and sunny.
Speaker 1: Your boy can't go. I can't say, Oh, you can't do that.
Speaker 4: You can't do that, you're not a true fan. That's why they're called that's what they call fans, true fans. It has for fanatic rain, sleep, snow, thunderstorm. If the game is playing, they're gonna be out there supporting.
Speaker 2: Big En big ol'd No, So I tell hey, I tip my cap because this is a day lose, just a monsoon. And they're sitting on there with their Parkers and their their rain coach and they're like in and their cheer.
Speaker 1: Oh I can't do that. Hell, I ain't want to be out there and I was playing.
Speaker 4: If you are just fanning, you got to be happy because I told you static. Oh but they won the last three.
Speaker 2: Games named name the player that likes playing in the rain in a football game.
Speaker 1: Listen, we was we love being in the rain. It wait a problem. We loved it, but I hated the rain playing in the row. I don't. I don't mind the rain. I don't mind.
Speaker 4: I don't like it hot, which is weird. I'm from Florida. Give me hot, yeah, I give me cold. I like it when it's cold. I don't like that because when it's cold, I'm not gonna cramp up before the half. My calf, my calves, man, little bbs, you got. They're talking about some cave muscles. The Eagles pull out a victory over the Commanders. AJ Brown is playing out of his mind. Another eight catch, one hundred and thirty yards, two touchdowns today. He's the first player in NFL history to have six straight games with at least one hundred and twenty five yards yard That's crazy. Balen hurts twenty nine of thirty eight three nineteen four touchdowns and the game probably shouldn't have been that close. Oho, he lost two fumbles inside his three yard lines. They've got to clean that up because the Cowboys are coming.
Speaker 2: You need points at a premium because as you step up in the level of competition, your your your your your.
Speaker 1: Level of mistake must go.
Speaker 2: Mistakes must go down, right, God, if you do what if you do what you did again against the Cowboys?
Speaker 1: I believe.
Speaker 2: And look, they know each other, you know, Hey, this is these are the vision just like the Eagles and the Commanders. They're in the same division, the NFC East. The Cowboys and the Eagles, same division, NFC East. They know each other. But you pay double in the division game and you turn the ball over because remember that's what happened Kansas City, Remember, o Joe, you turn the ball over. Either you're gonna bring the team up to your level or you're gonna go down to their level. One of the new things are gonna happen. But Jalen hurts throwing the ball. Man, Hey, I don't even know what to say about ajj Aje lost in mind the last these last six weeks.
Speaker 4: Listen, AJ Brown is bumping his head off the gold posts every time you look around. And it's not just the contested catches, catches wide open.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't know what.
Speaker 4: I don't know what richeal he's doing or what he's eating, whatever you doing, he just got to keep doing it. He got to keep on it because what he's done is is what he doing is unheard. Did you see the one hand grabbing the end zone with draped all over him, Like, come on, man, what were we doing?
Speaker 2: He you know, everybody else is gonna be like every since he had that little that little dust up with Hurts on the sideline.
Speaker 4: Look, there's just a mind of disagreegation. Yeah, a minor disagreement.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it hurts and made in his mindset. Hey, I'm a feed big dog early and often.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it makes sense. It makes sense.
Speaker 4: And the funny thing about it is, you know it's coming, especially when you play a division opponent, you know how to stop your number one target. And there's nothing they can do. There's nothing they could just stop him.
Speaker 2: And both of his touchdowns that he caught on Washington was tightly contested. Aj Brown now has twelve receiving touchdowns of throws of fifteen plus yards downfield since the start of last season.
Speaker 1: That's number one in the NFL.
Speaker 2: Hurts again, twenty nine of thirty eight three nineteen four touchdowns. He this is gonna be a matchup because now now we're gonna get to find out. We're gonna get to find out, you know, cause everybody we kind of been, we kind of been, you know, cowboys been've been playing okay, but not all you know, they win it. The Eagles they're like, man, oh jo, they look they win it, but they don't look like they did last year. They like they like they having a hard time getting out of third gear, trying to get the fourth and on the fifth. We don't need fifth right now, but we're really trying to get out of third gear because we are almost halfway through the season. Now we're gonna find out. There's no love lost between these two teams.
Speaker 1: I'm trying.
Speaker 2: I want you to know that I'm the Beast of the East, and the East goes through Dallas or it goes through Philly.
Speaker 1: Again, yeah, one of the other.
Speaker 4: And the fact of the matter of watching the game today and I was doing I was watching double I was having a look look to my left and look to the right. Earlier today when watching the Philly game, and the funny thing about it, when it was fourteen to three, I was like, man, well the commanders got this one.
Speaker 1: Thought.
Speaker 4: I thought it was gonna be one of those days. And I looked over to the right and I came back. I'm like, wait, wait a minute. And the score line continued to change, and it continued to change and again, and when it mattered at most and pivotal moments in that game, he made the throw necessary. Yeah, run here or run there, And god damn it, I be damned. They back in the game. Not only back in the game lead, they took the lead. Unbelievable football. And the fact that both of these teams is the fact that Dallas won the way they did and with a comeback victory for the Eagles.
Speaker 1: Both teams come into the game with great momentum and confidence.
Speaker 4: Yeah, individually for the individual players, I'm telling you, having a good game and do something to you.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is. It just does something to you. So ain't no telling what's gonna happen.
Speaker 2: All I know is best when when I when I played, I'm looking at the team that we're gonna play and I'm like, man, they quarterback a as good as ours. The receivers are not good at ours. They threw for three hundred yards. The fact that Sam Howell almost through for four hundred. Yeah, what you think DAK and CD in those receivers taking you Hey, oh Joe, you know, let me get an extra helping of that. Let me get an extra help of a Brad Barry the fourth. Hey, give me a little bit, Hey, give me a side of that slate, give me a Bayard. I know you just got there, but I will ay I want an extra helping in him because Sam howeill got four hundred, DAK said, and he I'm talking about he won on him because he going to fight the bear, because he wanted the bear to stay there.
Speaker 1: And so I'm I'm glad they got CD involved.
Speaker 4: They haven't been using CD to the magnitude he should be used at because he can make that job very very easy. I don't like I don't like people talking about CD not being a number one receiver. They like to say, well, he's borderline. He's not there yet.
Speaker 1: Yes he is. He just got to he just got to be consistent.
Speaker 2: The one thing you know about the true number one is that aj aj showing up every week, read every week, justin Jefferson chase those guys digs. I mean, I can't have Seed have a game like this and then come back next week and give me fifty those Oh Joe, I.
Speaker 1: Can't have that. And it's not that he's gonna give you fifty.
Speaker 4: It's the fact that the opportunities and the targets have to be there, the play calling has to be there, and if they if they trying to take him away, you gotta manipulate your scheme offensively to put him in position to get open. It's easy to do, you know. I Sometimes off of the coordinators have an ego. I want to run my system, and I'm gonna run at the way I want to And if they want to take him away, I'm gonna let them take them. Awa, I'm gonna just use everybody else. Sometimes you off of the cornator got to be aggressive. But today you ain't taking away eighty eight.
Speaker 1: The system.
Speaker 2: That system, I know, that system, that West Coast system is predicated on the receiver Jerry Rice, and that in that offense. You go back and look at all the great receivers that have played in that system. Right, it's all about It's all about It's all about.
Speaker 1: The X and the Z receiver.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jerry withold disease, John Taylor was the was the X. My brother played disease. You go back and look at the West Coast and look at that offense, and you look at the guys. That player you gotta have a doll and you got to give him the ball. You got to it's mandatory. And most of those guys are tremendous. Run after the catch because Cedi was a punt returner. You know he's good after the catch. You know he has some elusivity to it. You just gotta give him an opportunity. You gotta a like you said, he I can't look Gallup for whatever reason, Gallup hasn't really gotten. He doesn't look like he's gotten all the way back over that knee injury. I know what I'm gonna good get with Brandon Cooks. I'm gonna get a deep threat here or there. But my guy CD I would keep saying my guy, But Ceedi is a guy. He could work the slot, he's outside the numbers, he can run the tree, he can get deep. So at some point in times you just might have to force feed him. And I know Jared says, so I want to spread it around, spread it around and do what that's just again, because you don't want to pay that man his money because you know that man gonna be asking for twenty five go baskt twenty eight m thirty ms. So you want to try to suppress, So you want to try to keep them numbers down.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, they will do that. That's the way the gain. That's the way the gain. That's where the gag goes. I think that I ain't the funny thing about it. I don't even think the outside world understands the business side of it of suppressing numbers. Another thing, when receivers or receiving get into their thirties and the first thing everybody likes to do was say, oh, he's slowing.
Speaker 1: Down off the step. Oh he lost a step. He ain't lose nothing.
Speaker 4: If you pay attention, just pay attention to the targets and opportunities. How they start to decrease, so your numbers decrease as well. And then they like to use it. Yeah, well you're not the same as you used to be. Well yeah, motherfuck, you ain't throwing it the god damn baltimere you used to either.
Speaker 2: Because the last thing you wanted him to be on one of those All proteins have one hundred plus catch if fifteen hundred yards another another double digit touchdown season. Back up to bring truck, please exactly, you don't he please? Having been having been a part of this system, you and I know how the system work. Let's go to the Ravens. The way Ravens win this ball game. But the story of the game, with Odell clearly being frustrated, we saw him draw a defensive pass in affairs and then go to the sideline and slam his helmet. Odell drew three penalties today, but he has zero catches on four targets. This is only the second time, and it's one hundred and two game career that he's failed to register catching the game. And O Joe, you know how it is. You go to another team, there's a because they know who Odell is. They remember, they remember this Odell. They remember the guy with all the Spider Man catches, the guy that's dancing and doing all the thing they were the last time they saw the guy, he was going gaywire right before the half in the Super Bowl. And so he wants to come and put on a great show, wants to have an impression. And for whatever reason, I don't know, ojo, I don't know why it just hasn't clicked for it. What do you what do you think is going on?
Speaker 4: I think obviously you're in a different system. You're in a different system, You're in a different offense. I think Odell wants to get back to being the oldell of Old, letting everybody know I can still do this. I can still be the Oldell of old. I can be the Odell you saw with the Rams. I can beat the O'Dell you saw with the Giants.
Speaker 1: Is that of all the work? Think about Think about.
Speaker 4: All the work he's put in to come back from not one but a second acl You put in all that work to get back and all you want to do is you want to go out there.
Speaker 1: And contribute, contribute to some of the ws, some of the wins.
Speaker 4: And obviously with the passing inferences is interfering with him, and he just wanted to get in rhythm.
Speaker 1: He want to touch the ball.
Speaker 4: How can I be an intricate part of the offense if I can't get the ball in my hands. The balls are coming, but obviously there were passing afferences, and the frustration is building is building up because he's not able to contribute and being a part and helping that team win. And one of the things I said Odell, and I said this about him, I forgot where I was at when I said this. We talked about quarterbacks getting twenty million dollar contracts. If Odell hadn't have been hurt, I believe Odell would have been the first receiver to have a twenty million dollar deal. He was that dynamic, he was that polarizing, he meant that much to the game of football. I think he would have been the first. He can do anything from anywhere in the field. One of the few players I've seen take hitches, slants, go deep, just do it, do every goddamn thing, you know.
Speaker 1: And I got hurt. I think.
Speaker 2: Had he not gotten hurt originally, and he'd have been had some better behavior in New York, I would agree with you that wasn't gonna happen once he went to Cleveland and had that knee injury, because you know that unless your quarterback been not handing out two hund million dollar contract.
Speaker 1: But that's that's why I said, if he hadn't have gotten hurt.
Speaker 2: Now he had had he stayed, if he could have had a quarterback stayed in New York, because remember Ojoe.
Speaker 1: He was box office in New York.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was his first four years. He was electric. He was must he was He was a few guys. I mean, the Giants might not make but one play, but you knew one thing. Thirteen was gonna make it. And he could take a slant and go hit his head on the gold post. He can make the spectacular catch on the sideline, he could go over the top. He had and he was box office in terms of he was must watch TV, not just you know, there are a lot of guys that you know can catch the ball. I mean a lot of guys can catch the ball, but all they must watch TV do it. Man, Hey, I gotta get home, man, I got ey. I gotta see what we gonna do. Tyreek, Hey, Tyreek gonna piece somebody out and.
Speaker 1: I need to see it. Hey, aj Brown gonna catch it in the crowd and gonna run somebody. I need to see it. Justin. Jefferson's gonna shake somebody, Jamar Chay.
Speaker 2: There are certain guys that you gotta see. Odell was O'Dell was all of that.
Speaker 1: And he had the flare. He had the shoe, and he had the he had the gloves, he had the charisma and the persona and he was in New York. Yeah, he's see that's the game change Ojoe in New York. Yeah. So yeah, it's and I feel bad. It's tough, O Joe. It's tough. It's tough because what happened is is that Baltimore give.
Speaker 2: Him this big contract and it's only for one year, and then everybody and everybody says, see, I told you, see I told you, and he just wants to get there.
Speaker 1: He just like, man, I can do it, I can do it. He see me.
Speaker 2: You know what, Ojoe, what they should do since they already will try to do everything. Go ahead, when you get a defensive passing affairs, give me them yards, give me let them receive adam yard. I wanta stop on y'all, you ain't catch it. Yeah, but you guys got a fifteen yard pillty. I got a forty yard penoty now, and we're gonna see it because if you if if oh, they.
Speaker 1: All getting through pilloties, he might have got fifty yards now. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think I understand where's frustrations are coming from. And I know what's going to happen. I'm not sure who the Ravens played next. But they're going to design plays and what you can do. They're going to design plays to ensure that he touches the ball early. And you know how it is as a receiver, you as a tight end. If you get the ball in your playmaker's hands early, just let them touch it. It don't have to be none serious. It could get reversed, it would be a smoke, it could be a quick screen. Just let them touch it and then you invested. You invested into the game the rest of the way.
Speaker 2: Remember remember he was having this discussion I think just a couple of weeks ago, we talked about the Ravens and the red zone inefficiencies. Today they were four to four in the red zone. Gus Therewd had himself a day. He had three touchdowns today, and that's kicking field goals or lose your game. Yeah, scoring touchdowns in the red zone will get you in the playoffs and can win your championship. And the Ravens, to their credit, with sensational once they got that ball into the red zone, and that's what you need to have.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go to the Miami Dolphins. They called me.
Speaker 2: They carve up the Patriots defense. Tyreek, he'll become the first player in the NFL history to have a thousand yards receiving in his first eight games. He and Jalen Waddle both go over one hundred yards. I think, if I'm not mistaken, that's like the fifth or the six times that they've done that in the same game.
Speaker 1: And uh, I mean, what what what do we say about Reek? What do we say about Tyreek.
Speaker 4: When people and I'm gonna say it again, and I've said over and over and over when we talk about Tyreek, when we talk about top five, when we talk about let's stay within this era of football, we talk about the best players, Tyreek is in his own category. And that's why I always say, and I've been saying it for the past two years, don't ask me to do top five because Tyreek is in the class of his own.
Speaker 1: And that's to all the other players. But it's just unfit possessed.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's unfair. The combination of speed, size, I mean, the fact that he's small.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine if he was Randy Moss with that kind of you know, then you know.
Speaker 4: He wouldn't be as he wouldn't be as agile, he wouldn't be as shifted, he wouldn't be able to do what he does.
Speaker 1: So the fact that he is the size he is and he's able to do what he does the.
Speaker 4: Same way Randy Moss does as far as being able to take the top off of defenses is unheard of, contested, catch everything.
Speaker 1: But he's a football player, dude. But see, here's the thing, oh Joe.
Speaker 2: Normally with guys that have that kind of speed, bell frail, they're not football players.
Speaker 1: He is a football player with track speed.
Speaker 2: We've seen track guys try to come to the football Rinaldo, Neil Maya.
Speaker 1: Now, the first guy to do it was Bob Hayes.
Speaker 2: Bob Hayes was the reason why they went to the zone defense because before Bob Hayes, everybody played, man, well, you got the fastest man in the world, and you got a guy that's running four six trying to cover it. That ain't gonna go to that ain't gonna go to at all. They're gonna go too well, so it's like we gotta find a way to slow him down. So you see the way Bob Hayes was built. Bob Hayes was a football player that had world class speed Tyreek Hill. If you see the way he's built, you can tell you don't. I mean, you look at you like, Okay, that's a football player, he's an athlete. But then when you watch him and how he accelerates, I've never seen a guy that can accelerate just like that. Normally guys have to build up Tyreek and three steps in the top speed, top speed. Did you see him table? They had him bracketed step. They had him bracketed today on that go ball, they got him bracketed. But you do realize bracket is the worst kind of coverage against the go ball because everybody's thinking.
Speaker 1: In and out and he take the top off it.
Speaker 4: And you know the funny thing, the last three touchdowns they just caught deep. They had him bracketed. They had him racketed last week too. I don't know what the safety doing. The safety trying to disguise, disguise, but if there was a corner, I had been screaming at the car the safety man and if.
Speaker 2: You don't get up here and help me. But he still got to worry about that run field too, though. See they put him in a bind. They put him in a bind, o Joe, you asking the safety to do an awful lot. Now, if that guy, if that run come, you got him.
Speaker 1: To get down there. You gotta get down there. If it don't, you gotta get back. And now I gotta get over.
Speaker 2: So you gotta be I'm looking at this and there's tyreek in two steps and two when he took off. When when the guy let First of all, you can't let him inside, O Joe, you gotta.
Speaker 4: Fourt well, you know what you can't. You can't do that because you sit too far inside. Let's say you play head up and you play half a man inside. You're done already. There's nothing you could do. You can't play head up, can't play inside, You can't play outside leverage.
Speaker 1: Either way, he gonna beat you. He gonna beat you regardless, O Joe. You gotta get a hand on him.
Speaker 2: If you get up there in press covered, you gotta do something, O Joe, get ahead on who oh Joe, when you back off it, we're back off it.
Speaker 1: We're back off, oh Joe. First of all, if you do realize that if you don't get.
Speaker 2: At you gotta run your defense. You gotta ruing your defense. First of all, he gonna run past you. But if you up there in press coverage, he's already pass you at one step at least make you go like seven to eight steps.
Speaker 4: And that's that's the scary part about it is when he plays press, he's so much quicker, he's so twitchy, so much quicker than everybody else that's gonna get up there and try to press. Yes, you done, you're done, You pick your poison. You play off, he's gonna kill you. You play press, he's gonna kill you because you know, you know how they need to play him. They need you know how they do play the gunner. Remember how the gunn and got to But.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Calvin give given the Megatron treatment.
Speaker 4: But you guys, right, that's that's the next thing you gotta do. That's the only answer. And you know what's funny, If you do that, he probably gonna be both of them too. Yeah, that's the bad thing.
Speaker 2: Well, now, if you're gonna play two on one, I'm gonna run the ball. I'm gonna throw the ball to the other side of the field. Yeah, because I already know got two and I got you got two guys out of position. He's averaging one hundred and twenty basically one hundred and twenty seven yards per game. He's on pace to have twenty one hundred and fifty five yards, which would shatter Calvin Johnson's Megatron's record. He'd be the first NFL. He'd be the first player to ever have two thousand yards than receiving received. Have two thousand yards and receiving in a single season, that's crazy. I'm knocking on wood hoping he stay healthy because I want to see it.
Speaker 4: Oh, he gonna He's gonna stay healthy. He's gonna stay healthy. He eat the same food I eat. Yeah, he gonna be healthy.
Speaker 1: He definitely some bulljy he does. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hey, he's about podcast us the Cheetos and talking about how his mom be cooking sausages, paying cakes and grits.
Speaker 1: I have a question. I'm not good well I'm not a math major.
Speaker 4: But if he has over a thousand yards now in week eight, at what point when he crossed the two thousand mark?
Speaker 1: What point you probably at this pace? Probably week fifteen, we're fifteen. Yeah, no, he gotta cross He's gonna cross it before that.
Speaker 2: Well, he's gonna payte that average twenty one fifty five, So he's averaging so that'll be two fifty game right seven, So that's that's two fifty four. So he's on pace to get to get a twenty one fifty five. So yeah, he's gonna pay.
Speaker 1: Oh that's crazy. Just the fact.
Speaker 4: Listen, we I'm thinking we used to be happy back in the day. You know, doing iro was a little different. Well, you hit a thousand yards, were you feeling good?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Or receiver when you if you could get a receiver.
Speaker 2: Basically if you got thirteen hundred yards or thirteen, once you crossed thirteen hundred, you start getting a fifteen hundred.
Speaker 1: Oh you the bad or you the real deal? You for real, you real real?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you know you you got a couple of guys getting sixteen and then you know, I think I think Jerry was the first guy that I remember had eighteen hundred the season and then here'll come Megatron had nineteen hundred of the season. I think I think Julio had nineteen also in a season. Uh, but Tyreek, I mean the guy after leaving. But you know what he needed to be He would have never done this in Andy Reid's system, for the simple fact he got trialed, and Travel is gonna try. See he's gonna get the lion's share of the targets here, Travel is gonna probably get he and Travel's gonna be closed. So Travel is probably gonna get one hundred and seventy one hundred and eighty. He was gonna get somewhere between one fifty and one sixty, I mean one forty one sixty, So.
Speaker 1: It was gonna be hard for him to get the targets in that number.
Speaker 2: But man, what he's been able to do and the way he's turned himself into a legit, because remember, oh Joe, when he first came in, they just used him on punt and kick returns and a little gadget guy. Right, But he said, but he said, I can, I can, I can run. I'm won't teach myself how to.
Speaker 1: Run the tree all that, And now you can do everything. And he does it so fast and in a class of his own.
Speaker 2: He definitely trust and I'm excited. You know next week there in Germany, Yeah, they played the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: They got they got the chief And listen to what the way the Chiefs played today, and you know what the Chiefs like to do offensively on defense, hut.
Speaker 1: Your faith right in your face.
Speaker 2: That you have. I'll tell you what you asked me. When when he go over? When when he go over two thousands? If they play him, he'll go over two thousand in week thirteen, because you're gonna have three hundred next week.
Speaker 4: There's no way, there's no way to stop him. There's no way to stop and I know he's upset. So think about how think about what he's thinking about coming up this week playing against the chiefs. Well, you didn't want to pay me, or you feel you could do without me, let me show you what time he did.
Speaker 1: He might have he might have three hundred at that point. At that point, I've got a ring. Go get that money, bro, right right right, get that money. Bro. You can't eat them rings, you can't sleep in them. Go now you get an opportunity.
Speaker 2: Your kids, kids kids can be said, right man, that's what I look, you got it, A look, I get it. You know in certain situations, you know, like a Brady or some guys like that. Okay, but Tyreek, thein't go get that money, bro, go get don't don't be don't be better because they wouldn't because they weren't gonna give you the money that Miami gave you, and they gave you more upfront, and you in warm weather and you no taxes, brobly ain't no taxes. Do you know how much money you keep it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hell it's six to eight percent everywhere tax. Helen Caliboy is twelve percent state tax. You getting no state tax. So you getting damn near all your money.
Speaker 1: Every bit, every dollar, every Hey.
Speaker 2: Man, I know you saw this. Man, I feel bad for First Cousins. He tore First Cousins, Kirk Cousins.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. So soon as he listen, no contact either, and that's normally what happened.
Speaker 2: That's normally what happened with the key leads. It looked, you know, and you know you could tell he stoped harping. I mean when they show went back and showed his little leg and you could just see it. You see it give like that. Uh man, I just feel so bad. I just feel so bad. I just hate guys having a deal, because that's that's a tough injury to overcome, especially Cousins in his thirty But you look.
Speaker 1: At the you know, what are they gonna do?
Speaker 2: You know, you hear you know, possibly maybe trade for Kyler who's coming off of a cl injury. Because if you look at their schedule, uh, they got some game they could they could go on the streak. Here. They're gonna get JJ back, Justin Jefferson back probably in the next probably three weeks or so.
Speaker 4: I mean, they were on a streak. If I'm not mistaken. They won the last two maybe maybe last three. I'm not sure. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they won the last three in the fact that he went down and you got Justin coming back and maybe a week maybe maybe three in the games that are coming up, all winnable. But now your quarterback situation is shaky, and you got Jordan Addison, Jordan Adison playing out this world. Yeah, kjs at this world. Hockinson hockey man, they got something. All you have to do is fix the quarterback situation. And that's the hard part because where do you go who you go get? I saw a tweet today that I put the eyes behind it. Somebody said, how about y'all call Brady, Tell Brady come out of retirement.
Speaker 1: Brady done? You? Oh Joe, you know, you know, like you done?
Speaker 2: Because at this point Brady Brady has already started not wanting to take those LIGs. And you know how it is, old Joe. Once you go after like cause you got to retrain your body all over again. Even when you take an off season off, you got to all of a sudden get your spidery senses tingling to know where contact's coming. Okay, if I caught a pass, I knew the coverage that I caught.
Speaker 1: It be in.
Speaker 2: I knew it a danger. Am I gonna get side white? Am I gonna get head on? Or am gonna get hit from the back based on the coverage that I got the ball thrown to me. Broh, you lose that when you don't use that right right. And as you get older, old Joe, man, god can hit me. Man, I jump up on the grap that ain't hurt man. I got the like year level year twelve.
Speaker 1: Man. I started putting that blink on hit right on the bide of the bound Hey, you ain't been bro. I can't take what you what you put on the blinker.
Speaker 2: I put that blank on alright right on up out of bound on, Joe, I hang on, he lie to you cook he Hey there linked out of the bro I couldn Hey, you know when you young, on Joe, you see somebody run your little lass over dB, I bend to run you over.
Speaker 1: Man, m M you you you better than me. I didn't. I didn't have to. I mean, I I think I was very fortunate enough. Obviously I stole. I stole what I like to call making business decisions from Tory Holt and the cruise Man. Man, catch it, man, get down. I ain't taking They pulled the turf over them. They were like that taking.
Speaker 2: They're like, hey, they pulled that turn like they was in the band, like you pulling.
Speaker 1: The sheets over you.
Speaker 2: Listen, I stole that froe hold my dog a big here.
Speaker 1: A good day. Hey, good dude.
Speaker 2: I mean, but you at some point you gotta make decisions like that. Everything you can't take, keep taking no collision. Try to listen. Everybody is tough to a certain degree. You can't play this game, even in today's game, you can't play it without a certain level of toughness. Now, some guys are tougher than others. But at that point in time, you know, I gotta think about it. Nah, this ain't gonna prove my toughness on this play. I'll live to see another day. I'm gonna get you when you're not suspecting. I'm gonna be tough.
Speaker 1: You got this now, I can't you slip it. I'm gonna drop my should on you to drop it. That's that's like, that's basically what I did the ring.
Speaker 2: Boy, that was the worst decision you ever could have beabe o Jo. We got eighteen thousand watching us live. Please please make sure you click that subscribe button. Guys, you don't understand how thankful we are for you tuning in. We know it's really laid on the East coast or wherever you're listening and watching us from. Really really thank you. Eighteen thousand watching us live. Please to make sure you hit that subscribe button. Make sure you tell your family and friends to hit that subscribe button. Oh Joe, you know we're over two hundred thousand and just three weeks. Yeah two under k bro, we going, we moving places, you know, I go. We trying to get the half of meal by the end of the year, or better, as a matter of facts, give me get us the three quarters. Get a million, A mean by the end.
Speaker 1: Of the year. Okay, that's how I go. A million by the end of the year. You can do it. Man, that's that's awesome. Man, eighteen thousand people watching.
Speaker 4: If y'all can see me, if y'all can see me live, I love y'all, man, I appreciate you from the bottom of my heart. Me and unc man like, like for real. I'm I'm not gonna get emotional. I promise I'm not gonna cry, but man, I thank you. I love y'all and appreciate y'all.
Speaker 1: Man, let's go.
Speaker 2: Oh Joe, I don't know if you saw this tonight, but the Bucks, the Milwaukee Bucks playing in Atlanta, the Atlanta Hawks had Flavor Flay sing the national anthem.
Speaker 1: No, that's what I said. Wait flavor flame, flavor flame, labor flake flavor. Yea yeah.
Speaker 2: And then the Bucks had a nerve to like have it you know the caption they put it to about yeah boy.
Speaker 1: I said, no boy, oh no, wait, how do you? How do you sound?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: It was that bad? Hold on, have you ever heard called you? Did? You were young?
Speaker 2: Ninety three, Carl Lewis sung the national anthem at the next Bulls game.
Speaker 1: Roseanne bar Arnold. I think he goes by now. Roseanne. I remember Rosenes. She was funny. I don't know if Bad Flavor play bro. I mean here, uh you remember no yo, wait hold, you remember when they remixed Fergie thing Heurgie remix Fergie thing Ferggie.
Speaker 2: But here's the thing, oh Joe, you have to understand you can't use auto tunes and sing the national anthem. So that's your natural vote. It's not as easy as you think. And what people have tried to do is that Marvin Gaye sung it. I think it was Game two of the NBA Finals against the Lakers.
Speaker 1: No NB A Star NB All Star nineteen eighty four.
Speaker 2: Okay, he sung on the date, and then Whitney had it, and so everybody see, everybody's trying to rep everybody trying to win the Grammy off singing that bro.
Speaker 1: Just go up there and sing it and just keep it moving, because you're gonna mess it up.
Speaker 4: Marvin Gaye's rendition of the Star Spangled banner at the NBA All Star Game in eighty four. I think it's either eighty forty five and Whitney Houston will supersede anything that's ever done. But now the fact that you said the Bucks allowed Flavor Flav to sing the national anthem I need the Bengals to step up to the plate and do what I need the Bengals, Mike Brown, Troy Katie. I know y'all gonna see this, Elizabeth, and y'all see this. Please allow me to come at some point this season and sing the national anthem.
Speaker 1: Let him come in and talk to the team, but do not let that man get in front of the microphone.
Speaker 4: Let me sing for you real quick. Let me let me start it off real quick. And you you be like, oh my god, oh to you. I ain't you sing a quick story for you. I'm glad you said that quick story for you because you're not gonna believe me. Listen, everybody watching. We got eighteen thousand people watching.
Speaker 1: Listen to me. I promise you, I promise you. So remember the Coca Cola commercial years ago with Tyree get getting on the bus.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I auditioned for that. Let me tell you why Tyree got it though. I no, no, he can't sing better than me. I had won the audition, right, I had won the audition, right, But boom. This is back when I was at Santa Monica College. So when they called me back, I didn't answer the phone because I had practice and they ended up giving to Tyreese, so he got the role. But the fact that I could sing so well back then, like that's like, that's what ty.
Speaker 1: Ree took off.
Speaker 4: If he took off after that, yeah, after that, and I went to the football route. But if that I could have been I'm really I was really a singer.
Speaker 1: First you you you darking you and Tyree's dark skinny. I got bald head. That's what That's it, I understand.
Speaker 4: Listen, it came down the Coca Cola came down to me and him and he, hey, he the real did I look up to him because I'm like damn and he was on mark and I'm like, god damn.
Speaker 1: He played the piano and sing.
Speaker 2: Just like me.
Speaker 1: But I chose I chold the football route. That's crazy. It's crazy how God works. Let me let me here, let me hear something, Give me, give me a little something. You ready tell me? Tell me what song? You want to tell me? The national anthem? So let's start with that one. Oh see, can you know that we could we could see you hit that already. I ain't had no peppermint tea. That was right off the coff. That was right off the cup. I'm not even prepared. You just to that was bad. I don't right off the cuff, the tea, the the crease, that was.
Speaker 4: Give me a minute, give me, let me get give me minute, give me, give me minute, give me la la la la la, give a minute.
Speaker 1: Nah, don't hit that many ripple to No, no, no, me me me, me, me, me me, okay, I'm ready ready said, stay stay with me, now stay with me. Oh see can you see see everybody can't hit that sea. Everybody can't hit that sea. See that dunly lie Lord, that birth that I need some peppermint I need. Was so proud. I got a cold too.
Speaker 4: That's why I said, like, oh Joe, oh just hit But you see you see the potential though, you see the potential.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no no, I see a lot of potential, a lot of things. O Joe. But that singing, Oh Joe, that's not an easy song to sing.
Speaker 4: It's because you have to you have to elevate and Lord right right, you got to have you got to have rain, you got you got to you got to be.
Speaker 1: You got to have that.
Speaker 4: Christina Aguilera, Mariah Carey, that that adele, that Jennifer Hudson.
Speaker 1: You got you got to be able to come here and take it there.
Speaker 2: Okay, what singer would you like to hear sing the national anthem? So they say, okay, okay, oh Joe, we're gonna give you a vote. Who would you like to sing? And a Legion Stadium in Las Vegas?
Speaker 1: Yes, stop playing with me. Give me, give me, give me Kecky Wyatt.
Speaker 4: Okay, give me Kecky White, the Jazmine Sullivan Okay, okay, I can do it.
Speaker 1: Give Jennifer Hudson.
Speaker 4: Okay, take me to church with it. Please take me, Lord have mercy boy. Give me Jasmine Sullivan or Keiki White.
Speaker 1: Listen.
Speaker 4: I told, I told, I told Raal Listen. You know I ain't getting married unless Kick White sing at the wedding.
Speaker 1: Well you paying for it?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, but that's one thing I would pay for. Kiki White, Jazmine Sullivan, Fantasia, who else.
Speaker 1: I'm leaving somebody out could have done singing the national anthem even though she's not American. Yeah yeah she can. She had listened her voice, her voice, and I haven't seen a laugh. You've seen a laugh.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen a live I'm just talking about from what I've seen, from the music I've listened to, and seeing people telling me and raving about her.
Speaker 1: I was just in Vegas, you know, doing doing some work this past weekend.
Speaker 4: And everybody they watched, they watched the show, they watched, everybody watching the song.
Speaker 1: Everybody watches the watch.
Speaker 4: Hey you you you in town, make sure you go see Adele and they raving about how she sounds in person. I see like that, and he like, man, listen, words can't describe how she sounds in person.
Speaker 1: You have to experience it. You gotta see it. You gotta hear, you gotta hear, you gotta hear. And the fact that I was in Vegas but I couldn't do it because the work I was doing was when the show was that night. I I will.
Speaker 2: I definitely gonna probably go back and see her again before she leaves. Damn, I'm gonna see Usher too. Yeah, i'mna see Usher too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, look that that Usher. That Usher. They listen, deal, he is he the real deal. Okay, let's get the coach. Prime me me me, me, me me me. They lost to U C.
Speaker 2: L A.
Speaker 1: And they asked him about He said, the big picture.
Speaker 2: You get new lineman. That's the picture, and I'm gonna paint it perfectly for it. The door was sacked seven times, hit seventeen other times, and knocked down thirteen times. Damn they said. The Brewing sacked him five times in the first half, leading to him getting a painkilling injection.
Speaker 1: At the half.
Speaker 2: You you told me that it's all about it's about delivery, right, did you like Coach Prime delivery? Because normally Coach says, look, we're we're gonna have to get better in certain areas. Obviously it's not it's not where we should be. But the guys are battling. The guys are working hard. I watch them come to practice every day, work their tails off. We'll get it fixed. We're gonna coach them up. We'll coach them a little better. They'll play a little better. Coach Prime would matter very matter of fact. The picture is we're gonna get a new lamb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, did you like? Did you? Did you like that presentation?
Speaker 4: Prime has always been unapologetically himself since he's arrived. The players in that locker room, they know who he's, who he is. He hasn't changed, he hasn't waivered, He stayed true to himself in his coaching style, which differs from everyone else. Obviously, Prime says some of the things that others think, he just says them aloud. He has an approach, he has way that he wants to run his show, and he's running that Running it that way when he's done for that program in such a short amount of time is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And he said I need six or eight more dogs.
Speaker 4: And the eight the six or eight more dogs that he was talking about is the interior, the offensive line and the defensive line.
Speaker 1: He's gonna get them. Yeah. Half of the battle when it comes to college football is old line of D line, interior bingo.
Speaker 4: And that's the only thing that separates Power five schools to the HBCUs to your other small small division schools is the interior, interior lineman.
Speaker 2: Look at the Georgia Bulldogs. How many offens, how many D linemen and old line when they put into the league. Look at Bama, how many old line D line they put into the league. Go look at the SEC. Every year, the SEC, the Big ten, they lead. They got them, hogs Man, you gotta have they got them. They got them, hogs Man. Prime gonna get him now.
Speaker 1: I I'm gonna get.
Speaker 4: Them because half of the bat half of the battle is not I was getting ready to say drafting, not drafting, its recruiting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, see, the thing is, but the portal is easy to go into portal.
Speaker 2: Guys don't want to recruit anymore because guys that's in the portal, we already got film on them playing college. We already know they go to class with their how they going to do. So I've already got a head start. So now I okay, this guy, this guy really really fit my program.
Speaker 1: I like him.
Speaker 2: So I think you're gonna probably see until they get a handle on it, what they're gonna actually do with the portal. I think you're gonna see more teams going going that way. They're still gonna recruit the high school athlete that that's not going away.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't think it's not very many though, right, not not very many, Not very many, because you have to be special to be able to come in and actually contribute right away. I don't think players want to want to come in and sit down or I gotta wait three years before I played.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's uh, it's it's it's very interesting to see. But I'm surprised because here's the thing that that I'm a frore right up, is I don't want the guys to like, well you feel that way.
Speaker 1: I ain't gonna block no more. I ain't gonna do nothing the rest of the year. You know. Yeah, they won't do that. They won't do that.
Speaker 4: They respond and they will respond well, based on what he said, they're gonna respond.
Speaker 1: Well, they're not the type of kids.
Speaker 2: Want him to beat Stanford because that way, if he'd want beating Stanford when one more game he's bowl, we could have done bowling.
Speaker 1: That's it, yo, for real. Yeah, all you needed six wins. Oh that'll be beautiful, man, that'd be beautiful.
Speaker 2: We're go on this way, Tyson. Fury beats Francis and Ganu by split decision. Was Francis and Ganu rob.
Speaker 1: You know, good? What man?
Speaker 2: That was? That was?
Speaker 1: That was that was what with no mask on? So that's strong.
Speaker 4: He was right, he was rob but no mask on. Listen, you know how much I love boxing. You know how much I love boxing. I have submerged myself in it, you know since obviously since I was young, obviously stepping in the ring and doing it, you know, not at the highest level, but just doing it.
Speaker 1: Dude, that was that was a robbery. That was a robbery.
Speaker 4: And if if you watch the tweets of some of the boxes, some of the best in the world, to say it was an embarrassment to boxing. It will if you are the if you are the heavyweight king, if you are the heavyweight king, you do not allow somebody to come into your sport that is not familiar with your sport. He's familiar with combat sports, but not boxing. To come in and look that polished, look that sharp and out class and out box you.
Speaker 1: You just you can't. It looks like it look it was an embarrassment to boxing from what the peers have said.
Speaker 2: When I look, when I watched and I look at Tyson Fury, it looks to me that he didn't take it serious.
Speaker 1: He didn't train, and they didn't try. Always he always like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's always gonna look like a garment bag. I mean, you know, he ain't got no shape to him, look so so he he built how he built. But I agree with you, o Joe for an outsider, and that's what Frances and gon Ne wills. He's an outsider to come in and look that good, and you talk about this guy is the heavyweight champion of the world and everybody that he's gotten in the ring with over the last he smoked him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was.
Speaker 2: Frances and Gondo won this fight. He won this fight and put on I don't I don't know what the judges saw. I don't care if you just and that, you know, I know the judges don't go by crowd reaction. But Francis and Donald Landing to clean the punches. He was digress in the fight and.
Speaker 4: A knockdown, Yes, in a knockdown. But I think I don't think they wanted to set a president. I don't think they wanted to set a precedent of having a a fighter with no boxing background or boxing experience, he has combat experience to him come in and beat the heavyweight champ of the world and then messed up everything else that Fury and Usic.
Speaker 1: You know they're supposed to fight some comedy.
Speaker 4: It messes everything up, and I think they wanted to tecked all that other stuff and just I mean, it's it was ridiculous. It's ridiculous, And there have been some other other decisions in boxing that have that have been questionable and this just goes down. It's just a total embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this was This was bad and I know this. Probably you don't remember this.
Speaker 2: This was as bad as when Roy Jones got robbed at the Olympics, when Floyd Mayweather got robbed at the Olympics.
Speaker 1: This was like that. This was like this, this is bad. Yeah, this is fact.
Speaker 4: Those losses for Roy, those that loss for Floyd might have been more more impactful than it was if they the last time lost. That might have been more impactful than anything.
Speaker 1: Last time I ever lost. The five since yep, well, thank you guys for eighteen thousand, eighteen thou whoa, whoa, come on, man, where're we going? Now? What're we doing? Eighteen thousand? O Joe?
Speaker 4: But I don't even know eighteen thousand people. I know my baby, I know anybody that know me personally. If y'all watching, I love y'all. I appreciate you, baby, I know my baby, my baby. Probably what my kids watching, the number of kids watching y'all in college, make sure you do your homework too.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna call your professor and make sure.
Speaker 2: And make sure you tell your friends your kids, tell their friends to subscribe to this channel.
Speaker 1: To your friends and to your friends, friends, you aunties, and your uncle. Yes, eighteen thousand, we gotta go.
Speaker 2: We tried to hit a milli. We tried to hit a milli by the enemy by Christmas December thirty. First, we're gonna need to be as close as we possibly can.
Speaker 1: What a minute a friend?
Speaker 2: We have it?
Speaker 4: Gee?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wish you had a friend that could sing. I don't. Unfortunately, listen, I used to.
Speaker 4: I usually I used to leave the choir as a little kid at my all of It Baptist Church in Overtown.
Speaker 1: Now, don't do me like that.
Speaker 4: Br you had three members oh an all of it? Oh no, oh no, oh no, Reverend Clark can't play that. We had we had a membership. We had about about thirty five thirty five hundred people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had. We had we had.
Speaker 4: We ain't had church. We had church diffin. Yeah, well, we tried to get We try to get our goal.
Speaker 1: Joe.
Speaker 2: Let's let's a modest goal. Our goal is to head by the end of November be at half a million. And what month we end, we're about we bout were August. This is October the thirtieth tomorrow. Oh, Ship, it's the thirtieth tomorrow.
Speaker 1: I ain't even paid my I ain't even paid my mortgage this month.
Speaker 2: Ship, don't worry about it. They let you go by two or three months before they come and put put chains on it, then lets you then let you go a couple of months before. But is your credit but your credits? God did your credits? God go suffer that you be later to pay credits depth.
Speaker 4: I a'mt for the player. I ain't for the play with my credits goal. I ain't playing with that. I ain't playing with that. You know, every time I hit a question and I want to ask you this for people that are watching, because I see it on Twitter all the time and that there's always a question. Ain't hundred credit score? Just say five hundred thousand dollars? What you're taking?
Speaker 1: Well, the best credit eight hundred credit scode.
Speaker 2: But see, I'm I'm not the right person to ask that you or I not the right person because we we financially straight.
Speaker 1: What you gonna what you're gonna say?
Speaker 2: Though, if I was, if I was an average person, right, I would take the five hundred grand I.
Speaker 1: Knew he was gonna say that. No, say you us what you're gonna take? Oh me, I'm taking an eight fifty tradites scored.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, we don't have to get into the details of why credit the topic, but yeah, that's.
Speaker 1: I mean, credit once you reach a certain level.
Speaker 4: I don't think if you stand everything, I don't think people understand that everything.
Speaker 1: I don't think they.
Speaker 4: Understand that though, because everybody on Twitter, I'm taking the money.
Speaker 1: I'm taking the money.
Speaker 4: I'm taking the money, but I'm looking at it from a different perspective, from a different land.
Speaker 1: But you have to understand, oh Joe, you can't.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, five hundred thousand of them is different because we're I'm gonna try to go get something worth ten million, fifteen million, five hundred ain't gonna do nothing right right that main't go look at their credits. Course, you're gonna look at if you ever been bankrupt, have you ever walked out on anything?
Speaker 1: Right? Right?
Speaker 2: Right? That's all that's all they look like, you said. We'll talk about that another day. But yeah, yeah, I mean, I mean, I okay, with my credit eight thirty four.
Speaker 1: You a thirty four? Hey, hey, hey, you heard that I thought, hold on, hey, you you and you in the age for real?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm in the age too, and I am ain't gonna tell you no. Lie, you want to know why, kids, you want to know why I'm in the ads.
Speaker 1: No, I'm serious. Let me domestic glass a set. I'm not bullshit. I'm not gonna tell you that.
Speaker 4: You know, I always appreciate you about getting certain people in your life that can give you a little guidance, a little struction.
Speaker 1: I'm in the ads.
Speaker 4: Real, got me in eights, Yeah, you got she got me a's you got to help me, help me out with Look credit I don't even know no, god damn credit line.
Speaker 1: Was helped me out with Lottle credit line. Yeah, I ain't even had no debt. I ain't even had no debt. But see that's the thing. You got to have a little debt.
Speaker 4: Listen, it's a game. I ain't had none. I'm thinking, I'm thinking I'm beating the system. I think I'm being the system, being cheap, not not having no debt, and I have no credit cards. I think I'm being the systant No, we we get we get. We get together about three four years ago, and you know she helped me. Like, you know, I want to get I want to. I want to I want to get something. What's your credit look like?
Speaker 1: Who? She didn't built me up till eight twelve. Yeah, that's what. That's what I'm telling you. Stuff like that. That's what when I originally came out here, o jo. Yeah, the guy didn't want to.
Speaker 2: I had to, you know, had to get a place rather quickly because I got the job and I had to get out here. The guy didn't want to give me the place. He's like, there's something wrong. I was like, what do you mean there's something wrong?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: He says, you got an eight to fifty credit scord and the only thing that you own is a house. I said, why the hell do I need like fifteen houses just because I got great credit? He said, because everybody has great credits. They have multiple deaths more for that. I said, Well, I ain't them people. I live within my means. I ain't trying to impress nobody, right right, So, man, and you know when they run your credit, it deems it. Yeah, man, go down. Man.
Speaker 1: I knocked my credit down of like seventh sev It's a game. It's a game that I don't I'm gonna get this I'm gonna get this car. I'm gonna get this condo.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: You don't ding me down this right here.
Speaker 2: You wonna give me this condo here, or you're gonna give me about five hundred thousand. It donunding My credit kept running my credit like something was wrong.
Speaker 1: Why is the system rigged like that? I don't know what you I don't know. I don't don't that's another that's another topic, another topic.
Speaker 2: But you know what, oh Joe, we just took hit two hundred and five thousand followers subscribers, excuse me, two hundred and five thousand subscribers.
Speaker 1: We got two hundred nah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got two hundred and ninety five to go to reach our goal of five hundred thousand by the end of November, and then we got another half a million to go to here I go by the end of December. So, guys, thank you for watching us live man, thanks tuning in for another episode of Nightcap. I'm your favorite, Shannon Sharp, he's your favorite. Number eighty five, chat O Cho Senko Johnson and Ride Me.
Speaker 1: To the Moon. We play amongs the stars. Let me see what like Fiz like on you Twitter in Mars,