Speaker 1: R and B Money. We are we are the authorities on all things R and B.
Speaker 2: What's going on with your boy?
Speaker 3: Tank?
Speaker 2: This is the Army Money Podcast Again. I'm Tank, this is Jay Valentine. We are the authorities on R and B and in the building other authority on R and B the truth.
Speaker 4: These act then, don't don't act me. They're gonna find out today.
Speaker 2: Let's go. My brother is in the building, man, and and he's a he's a family member, he's a friend. So this is nothing about this will be formal. Will try to give you some formal information. Nah, came promising in between all of the madness because it'll just take a turn. You just never knows where it's gonna go. We want to start off right here.
Speaker 5: H come on, knees, talk about it. First of all, the man knees and THI meets. These are nice quatch Okay, all right, I do legs. I don't skip lag day. That's that's what these shorts. These shorts are to promote, never skip leg day. You want to give them a quatch? No you probably don't. You well, okay, you part. I think it's dope, man.
Speaker 2: Because we also to tag onto that the verses, like I feel like what you what you and Spice do with Versus? It is I won't say as important as Versus, but it's pretty.
Speaker 4: It's pretty. There's a necessity. There's a necessity especially right now because as much as we all love the music as we're wise hilarious, there's always some funny and.
Speaker 6: It's hilarious bro's and it gives you, guys, give a place to go after for commented right right, like because people want to kind of get that ship off still online. And it's funny because if you watch the Versus, it's all praise for the most part. Right you have a couple of niggas and there you gotta see in there.
Speaker 4: But see, this is the problem of where we are as a society right now. It's like there are those of us, including myself Tony Baker, like, well will joke in the comments and other people be like, why y'all disrespecting the moment, while y'all it's like, first of all, we are here because we esteem these people. Yes, period, let's just call up what it is. But we're comedians. I'm not a comedian. I'll be in there saying recly exactly like and I know Black people are comedian. Yeah, by our culture as a whole, we we say funny shit. And we knew that the shoe was gonna come flying off with Patty. We knew everyone had a pie joke, you know what I mean, everybody had looking glad, it's outfits. Oh she got the church glitter on the sequence is popping. You know, niggas is gonna say shit. We we talk about it, Aunties who we love.
Speaker 2: For sure, I mean for sure.
Speaker 6: And I think you and Spice give more of a safe place, a place like you know, even though versus supposed to be fun, and sometimes it kind of gets a little serious, like you said in the comment sections of like man, like these guys are comedians, you know what I mean, Like everybody got a joke.
Speaker 4: It's and depending on the chemistry of the of the people that's in the verses, sometimes they too cool, and you know, it gets a little born or it gets a little monotonous because they're trying to outcool each other. Yeah, and that's not as entertaining, you know what I mean. So you got to have a little life in there and you know, not take yourself so seriously. So we me and Spice just we we right after verses, we turn it all the way up.
Speaker 6: We don't the fact that y'all got that type of chemistry working with each other without knowing each other before.
Speaker 4: This is the craziest thing. Yeah, you know what I mean before. Yes, I still have never met a person.
Speaker 2: Get the fuck out of here. No, stay, we.
Speaker 4: Never met a person though. I'm just a fan of his comedy. I didn't even know he's a football player before because I don't really follow football at that. But it was like a professional ball yeah, who he played for?
Speaker 2: Him the NFL.
Speaker 6: He might have played for like the Falcons or somebody like that, but like, no, he was like a lineman.
Speaker 2: Now, because it's crazy that when I saw him, when I saw him hitting the bag, he's like I was like this. I was like, no, he can fight.
Speaker 4: He got handed.
Speaker 2: I said, he can actually fight. That's not like he not, No, he got hands. Yeah, he's taking his time, he got he's doing the whole thing. I said, work, I said, Spicer as was funny, but he might fuck you up, like in real life, in actual life, actual life.
Speaker 4: And he got the weight and he's getting his weight down, but he still got them the fat Man bone.
Speaker 2: Hell, yeah, you know what I mean, come across your chin. So you've never met Spice Out, we've never met in person? Where is he at Detroit? Wow? Okay?
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I just was already a fan. And you know how it is with anything, whether it's uh, like are you and Jamie? When Jamie first discovered you, he was like, this guy has something that's similar to my thing, and we need to work together. Right. You can see that somebody has your rhythm and has your your DNA. So that's when I saw him, and he was a fan of mine too. We just automatically clicked. So it was Babyface and Teddy Riley the first one. The first one because it was so many, it was too many, so much, many bars in that ship.
Speaker 2: I'm not only I screamed, watch Foods I stream.
Speaker 4: I heard Teddy Rody want to kick your as on the street. He's going to Tony Baker. Yeah sure, he definitely wanted. What about twenty four hours because Tony was comment and roasting the fun out and said it was like he issued a statement. He was like, man, we do this thing. I'm a legend in this game, and but you know, they squashed it. They squashed the next day. Tony is a fan, so he was like, look, I'm just being a comedian, but I don't want to hurt one of my legends. But me and Spice.
Speaker 2: Whatever, y'all, I can get these hands.
Speaker 4: Look, you know, I know Teddy got hands too, because I know his seafood. He on that comful ship too. But I don't know. It's all in good fun. We ain't tricking on.
Speaker 2: Nobody fighting beat Teddy rally. I love Teddy. That is one of my mentors. I just felt like that to be a great I just felt like that. I felt like it'd be a great sound bite. It wasn't show to take said he'll fuck Teddy Riley up. Just me and Muddy to.
Speaker 4: This guy and me and Jay got to do a disclaim the thoughts and views Teddy Riley taint so long. So yeah, like we.
Speaker 6: Get the pandemic week for people who don't know right, like you said, you even just dropped the bar.
Speaker 4: Nigga don't know you are kung fu master dog. I'm not a master Let me just look listen in the hood.
Speaker 7: In the hood, know how I go. Any nigga wear them shoes. He'd be kicking trees, just walking kicking for real. So in the hood, you're kum from bass.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 4: If you took two lessons, he'd be like, man, did you see niggas come home? He's on the bus. I used to wear that at the school. No way with the buttons to school.
Speaker 2: No just to school.
Speaker 4: While living in Germany, what I was the I was the Bruce Lee Roy, Oh you really was. He was over there in the whole other country that the white cups and yeah.
Speaker 2: But were you walking where you're walking through with the hands in like this? Are you fully committed? You're fully committed.
Speaker 4: I mean I was always eight. They knew me as they just was like he did. That's just different, you know what I mean. But mind you, by the time, he's already knew me for like break dancing, and so they knew I was. I was saying, but when I got into my ship.
Speaker 2: I can see you walking through and I had the I was, you know, And everybody said.
Speaker 4: But why at school? Why why not?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 6: Why you know what had his shirt off everywhere?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 2: Why not?
Speaker 4: If you could do me?
Speaker 2: Tell my wife that m hm, tell my wife that.
Speaker 4: Is it becoming a thing.
Speaker 2: Like, why are you taking your shirt?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say not, you know what you should do and just going forward. Should the question pop up again, why are you always taking your shirt off?
Speaker 2: Just do this? Look at all this, all this, god damn house, Look at all this. Look at yourself. It's his shirt off money, it's his shirt off money, it's his TITTI is on display money.
Speaker 4: Huh you single?
Speaker 2: Right? You?
Speaker 4: God damn right. Yep, he's gonna be too trying to ship.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm gonna have some cool partners to be single with. Bad. I'm not going I can't get to go out of my house. Jay, let's start there.
Speaker 4: You can in California. You can't. It's different out here.
Speaker 2: Man, We're in California.
Speaker 4: In California, man, that's why me trying to get to California. I know his wife. She's a good friend. Zena. You know what, you're married kicking my R and b money.
Speaker 2: These views statements, same.
Speaker 4: Nigga, that teddybody. No no, I was remember.
Speaker 2: I remember the time, Hey, I was getting ready to say I shared.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I jumped the gun with me and my good brother.
Speaker 2: You just shared. I'm not gonna pull the CPS, A, A, B C and throw throw it under the buck. We don't share, then gonna be living a back house if you got room for me. So what is all begaining? Man?
Speaker 4: Yeah, give us a give us a big break. So it's a big break for me. You should all began in my living room as a kid.
Speaker 2: In Germany.
Speaker 4: In Germany, babysitting my little sisters. They asleep and I'm left in the living room watching TV. I just got consumed by that ship. And that's back when they had full on campaigns on TV saying don't let your kids watch so much TV, like it was a whole thing, the idiot box, and they were coming up with all these phrases. But I was getting charged from that ship.
Speaker 3: I was.
Speaker 4: I was looking at TV a whole nother way. It didn't mean the same thing as everyone else. It wasn't mindless time for me. I was looking at I was soaking all that shit up. I was looking I was listening to dialogue, I was listening to I was watching characters, I was watching movement. So from that point to doing impressions and you know, being able to mimic people I saw on TV. I used to play music by ear. So that's where my ear came from. To listen to somebody piano as like a five year old. I'll hear ship on my little cassio and you had to play the melows. But yeah, that translated into impressions. But the first big break was def comedy jam That was the one that got me on television. A Bernie Mac doing my thing. Yeah, it's funny guy, remember by the bug. I was like, oh shit, I remember that. I remember that, hosted by Jamie Foxx. I did the season. It's called the All Star season. It was the last season. It was in the original Theater in New York and it was all Stars, so everybody hosted one. This is after Martin left, you know, a couple of seasons after they had tried Joe Torri, Ricky Smile not Ricky Ricky Harris. I remember they were rotating hosts. I think the del Gibbons maybe, and that last season they said let's bring everybody back, so Steve Harvey, Chris Rock, Dave Chappelle, everybody was on their Latifa even hosted episode Wow. And the episode that Jamie hosted, I was on it. So that was crazy. That was my introduction. Now that that's super dope, man.
Speaker 6: So from from there though, when you when you get to a place like the legendary death comedy jam right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, scared shitless?
Speaker 6: Like what like, what are the thoughts though before you go on? Because people don't understand comedy in that in that aspect, right, and you were doing you weren't doing traditional comedy, no, like he was dancing and ship and you know what I'm saying, it was mixed in.
Speaker 4: I've always been a non performist. I never did what anyone else did, Like when people was getting when the hoods was getting tattoos and ear rings and smoking blunts and doing all that ship. I just never wanted to do what everyone else did. It made me different. For a while. I was the outcast. I didn't get invited to every house party whatever. Just said you had on a karate what do you you know?
Speaker 2: Whatever?
Speaker 4: Not every day nigga? What I mean when you.
Speaker 6: Left Germany, you like you left the karate outfit in Germany? Uniggas weren't that in America too?
Speaker 4: No, I didn't do that when I got back to the US. I wasn't five in North Carolina all black school. I mean it was niggas in Germany too, But the vultan, they would have jumped you just for having an outfit. Just well, let's just jump the karate.
Speaker 2: See what he got.
Speaker 4: Let's see what because they all had guns. That's the other thing. Everybody had guns.
Speaker 6: When we see a nigga with that on, it's kind of like, can I beat him?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: Test, it's the dog the black community, it's the endless ship.
Speaker 4: We like danger. It's something about us we like. We like excitement.
Speaker 2: Isn't that we like danger?
Speaker 1: Or no?
Speaker 2: We like it? We like it.
Speaker 4: We follow you know some wild niggas. I know some wild niggas.
Speaker 2: We know some Wow. But is it is it bigger than us liking it? Is it more so of it? The aggression and the thirst for that thing? Is it innate in us? I think we as a demographic. Are we from from a soldier standpoint? From a tribal standpoint? Are we? Is that more naturally our element? Like? Think about it, like when something's going down, we run to it. We like this?
Speaker 4: What's that that? Especially when we're in that element, when we're in it.
Speaker 6: I had a conversation with somebody where I was telling I was like I was maybe maybe eleven twelve, and we would hear gunshots.
Speaker 4: We would be trying to find out where I'm shooting. Yeah, so we could go back and have all that.
Speaker 6: Man, I said, Man, it was crazy, Like it's the dumbash in the world as a grown man that I think of now, right, But when I'm in that element, I'm eleven twelve years old, and that's just what we damn near baby kids. Pretty much we gravitated toward it. It's the most ridiculous shit ever.
Speaker 4: Like, I've been more scared from lesser things than that thing, right, you know what I mean. Like if I feel like somebody I'm about to catch the ass woman and I'm like, oh, I don't want to do this today, you know what I mean, I'll get nervous in that moment. But I've had a dude pull a shotgun on me and I just looked in his eye like if you're gonna do it, you're gonna do it, right, And I wasn't scared. So I don't know what that thing is. I guess the more heightened the the circumstance, it is innate for us to rise to the occasion.
Speaker 2: And then the element that like you said that we are raised in a lot of it. It just is what it is like you look out the window to see who's doing it. You get back to watching cartoons. It ain't we got to move, you know what I'm saying. Just don't go up, Just don't for a couple hours. Jesus, it's wild up there right now, you know what I'm saying. So you're scared a lot of So you're scared shitless at jam Deaf Comedy, Jam God Nigga.
Speaker 4: And you done stand up, so you understand the But imagine, but see you've done stand up in a different way. Like you're you're you're already successful in one thing and you're not trying out another skill set. Right, Imagine, stand up is your only thing. Right, You're fresh out of school and you're now in a in a theater where there's no like, no one's walking around with security guards. Everyone's just kind of floating around. But it's every legend that you've ever fucking admired, right, Chilling on the second level in the balcony, chilling behind the control booth on the first floor, chilling backstage by the makeup artist. There's j Anthony Brown there's Jamie Fox, this sed entertainer, There's Stan Layton, There's Russell Simmons. There's all these people that can change your life, nigga. And I'm just like.
Speaker 6: Anybody at that point, had you already kind of did your rounds a little bit because how ared guys getting on death comedy.
Speaker 4: Bob Summer. Bob Summer is the guy, Okay, I say that in every every interview. Bob Summer is the talent scout. Who I mean, he was more than a talent scout. He was like the glue. He should have been a producer. I don't know if he was or not, but he was Russell and Stan's right handle. And he flew to every club, every club that wasn't white, and they just trusted his word. If he said you on you, he brought you, Bill Bellamy, Chris Tucker, Burned, he brought everyone to the table, like you can't front on his track record of going to find that talent. And of course people had, you know, their mixed reviews about him as a personality back then, but I understand it. You're the gatekeeper to the biggest stand up comedy show in the game. You're gonna be a little sat.
Speaker 2: On stuff.
Speaker 6: To get on all the time when whenever you a gatekeeper of anything, the nigga that lets you in the club.
Speaker 4: Has that ship. He got it on him and shoulder little we just want to have a good time, like why you?
Speaker 3: Why are you?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying, And don't touch me. Don't touch your mind too.
Speaker 6: Like just don't touch me, like we have all the conversation with the niggas always want to do this.
Speaker 4: Can everybody could just get back a little bit because it's getting a little You're.
Speaker 6: Not the fire marshal and when I get in, it's twelve people because you want to make it lie look crazy outside, bro, like come.
Speaker 4: On, stop it.
Speaker 6: But that gatekeeper dog, that's a different type of responsibility.
Speaker 4: It's a different time. I get it. I get it. And he was getting you know, people trying to bribe him. And when he comes to city, they got holes for him. It's all kinds of ship man that he has to there's all kinds of ship that he has to manage. But he's the guy. He's the guy that got everybody on that ship on that joint. I mean, I'm sure there's some cases that maybe they already knew somebody. So you're walking into a building ship nineties, just the golden era, and this is all of those things. You see deaf gym artists, you see Freddy Fox and you see fab fire Freddy just chilling like it's a different it's a different time and it's the moment can change your life. So I'm scared shitless and I'm you know, I go the night before to watch some of the other tapings, and then that night in my room, I didn't sleep. I'm in front of the window overlooking New York City with a fucking I don't know what, the toothbrush or something in my hand going over my set. I'm like Bernie Mac and let me get out the car. Then I'm doing Bernie mac Ship, my ship. Don't do the cartwheel.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm gonna do that.
Speaker 4: These nags with the good times dance the good times po nigga. I was, I was going over the place, yeah, making sure the plays was it. But and this was my first lesson in don't be flexible. Don't come out with a plan, and when the plan goes a ride, you don't know what to do. Because I, like most young comedians, I'm trying to rely on music. My big opener has to be to this song, ki Ca, can you play this song? Come out? He plays the wrong goddamn song. So I'm on live television saying, kid, can you play the other song I told you to play? And we're waiting a whole seven seconds and this is everybody and it is looking at me like this, like it's also a new kid telling me, so it looks like you, it don't.
Speaker 2: It don't look like him at all.
Speaker 4: But in retrospect, it was me. It don't matter what this nigga played. I'm supposed to get out there and get to it right. But I picked it up, you know, the I found my groove and they was like, oh he's he's creative, he's oh the good times paying. So I was able to recover, but it was like never again, nigga, Now I'm coming out all right? Oh that ain't work?
Speaker 3: What I say you?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 2: I did that one time?
Speaker 4: Where where was you at?
Speaker 2: I was probably the worst place to do that. I was in uh Inglewood at the Savoy Christpens's thing. Yeah yeah, yeah, and.
Speaker 4: You don't you've already sold out.
Speaker 6: The Savoy artists sold out in music right, So it's plenty of times like like like like people out on the street, floods on the street.
Speaker 2: Right, But that's but that's but that was also the problem for me in that world. No, the problem for me in that venue is as soon as I walked on stage, it was like it was like when you're gonna sing nigga ship, he felt that. I was like, I was like this, hold on to mortals, indeed, sing something nigga, take off your shirt. And I was like, I hate black people. I don't want to perform with black people. They won't let me be great.
Speaker 4: Niggas don't care what a box like, hold on, nigga, you are the backflip guy. Listen.
Speaker 2: So the intro was a little off. I was like, man, I don't like the intro. I don't like y'all response. We're gonna do this again. I'm gonna intro myself and I tried to do to reintroduce myself, and I came saying like this, I'm like okay. And my first joke was aggressive and was one girls in the front like come on, Tank, don't do that. I was like that, she's talking to you, she's talking to me.
Speaker 4: You know what.
Speaker 2: I'm saying, And so I don't want to do too much negative crowd work in Inglewood. I was like, cause I don't know how to get to your car. I don't know, I gotta get to my car. I don't want to start getting into the Queen. And you know what I'm saying, the bad I don't want to start doing it.
Speaker 4: Doing comedy for free. I can't afford security.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So I'm just out of here. So so I didn't I didn't bomb. I just didn't do that. Good Listen, you just sentiers.
Speaker 4: Know what you did?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? I've been there.
Speaker 6: This is when I knew he loved comedy though, because me and him talk, right, We talked after. We do that with everything with music, whatever, we own, movie shit, acting whatever. And I don't go to all the comedy stuff, right because he sometimes I won't even know.
Speaker 4: It just hit me like I just went to I just went up and such and such. I'm like, I've even heard that the city before. How did you get there?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: But I knew he was going up, but it's a boy, and I was like, I gotta talk to him after this one, right because I want to see you know what the vibe was for. And I could tell in his voice he was like, fuck, shit didn't go the way I wanted it to go.
Speaker 4: And I said, so what you gonna do? Sh Oh, I'm going back up somewhere else tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I said. He loved it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I said love it.
Speaker 6: Because someone who did, like, because you know, I looked at it like in his position of Hell, you've established yourself in this in this music state, I mean in the music space, and like you said, as soon as they introduce your name at this point, because you gotta hit records and people are fans of.
Speaker 4: You, they're screaming because they came to see you.
Speaker 6: Now you're going to do something where they probably came to see somebody else and you just trying to learn. But then they still have the you are such and such to us in certain in certain places. So when he was just like, oh no, no, I'm going back up, it's an ego chech for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't had that happen to me since Fort Valley State homecoming in nineteen two thousand.
Speaker 4: Hey, bro, is that that story you told about your your first free song?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, that's the last time that happened to me, and I was standing up there like this, I really am starting at the beginning. Really, I'm really a baby and an Ada I said, this is awesome.
Speaker 4: But see here, this is the great thing about that is well, I don't know how great it is. It depends on how you built as a comedian. You're gonna have those shows. Comedy is not like I mean, even musicians have this too, but comedy is just you're gonna face whatever they feeling that day. And I've had hundreds of those kind of shows and the only thing you can do it leaves you with that blood in your mouth. If you really about it, you say, oh, nigga, the next crowd, next stage.
Speaker 2: I hear crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I have to get it.
Speaker 2: Back to get it back. Yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: In comedy, you only feel as esteemed as that last show you did. So it's gonna be either low or very high.
Speaker 6: Is this something that would be considered to be a hit record in comedy?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: Like, that's something that because you because that's the other thing you guys have to continue to switch up.
Speaker 2: It would probably haven't perform the same song. It would have to be No, no, they don't that's what happens is this is that like, here's what's crazy like and I want and I want to get back to let you answer that question. You know, being on the circuit for you know what almost two years now, a short time that I've been on it is like listening to the guys talk about how the bits that they're doing they've been doing for like five, seven, eight years, And that was strange to me because we do a new song every day, and so I'm like, so, so you go, you're not You're not, You're not writing nothing the night before and no, I've been trying to perfect this shit for five years that same fifteen minutes. Yeah, but see, that was strange to me. Like I'm gonna let you. I'm gonna let you elaborate all of it because how I approach comedy is how I approach music. I'm thinking of it in terms of a project. So I'm building material to build into a project, to record it, get it to the people, and then get to the next artistic piece. And I'm looking to do that in a very short time, versus listening to other comedians who've been on a certain way longer than me talk about how They've been working on the same bits for five, six, seven years, and I don't know what's normal. So I'm just kind of in this space where I'm just creating my own normal or whatever works for me. Like how do you speak to that in terms of how you build your content? And then going back to what is a hit record in comedy?
Speaker 4: So similar to you because I come from music first and dance. Yeah, we're always looking to create a new movie move. So when it started, I was you. I would go to my open mic spot. And this was in Charlotte. So open mic ain't like in La It's one club at this time. It's the hottest night in the fucking town. It's Charlotte. So all the hornets are there, all you know, pre panthers, it's lit lit, Nigga is dressed up. This is ninety four, ninety five, ninety six, ninety seven, right, it's the night like Anthony Mason be up in that joint like just different stars and then all the stars from Death Jam is coming through there. So that's the open mic you get to go on before earthquake or cedric or you know what I mean. And there was no you look at my notes while I'm doing no, no, no, you had to perform your shit, so I would do. I was conscious of the fact that I'm always back on this same stage as often as I can be. I want to have a new five to seven every time. That was my process, always having new shit every now and then you pull out some you know, your go to shit. But you I feel like when you got people that's doing the same joke for five to eight years, that's to me, that's lazy. Because I came back to stand up five years ago and the standard special that I'm about to drop is the third hour in that five years, right, I was, I'm refining, I'm recycling, you know, just making fine tuning. And again I'm not saying I'm the best comedian. I'm just saying what works for me.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: But no, I understand what you're saying. Like I think, you do have to dig and if you have something that's that you know is gold, you should work on it. I don't think it takes five years, but that's me.
Speaker 2: I don't think it does either. But we also come from a space where this is what I also being created, well not even constantly being creative, the comfort level of being creative in front of people is different for us, coming from being performers before they were comedians. So I'm okay with being creative on stage, with writing something in my car, or watching two guys go before me and say, oh, I need to grab some of that right there, and then going on stage and just getting right to it because because I'm not shaken by the moment, I'm not shaken by that, and growing in the space, I'm not shaken. If they don't laugh at that one, that's well.
Speaker 4: Is a different.
Speaker 2: Cold blood, no unity. And I went up there. I went up there with the worst outfit to go up there in. It was like a floral pajamas, that kind of thing, you know what I'm saying. It was at the time, and I can't when was that. But first of all, first of all, okay, it was.
Speaker 4: It was a nice let's go to second because you're gonna be able to justify the first of all.
Speaker 2: Here's here's what happened. Though, after I finished going on and say, I cannot think of this guy's name a comedian, he's super dope. Uh. He came on after me, and his first seven minutes were about me. And my outfit. And I was sitting there and.
Speaker 4: So you didn't leave either.
Speaker 2: No, I stayed to endure it. I had to take it, and I laughed. His first seven minutes were amazing about you, about me, he was like, but he was I remember, He's like. He was like, it's like Christmas is gonna call me down here to to to to do comedy in Inglewood. Said I'm not coming all over down Wood. There's no way I'm coming down Ingwood. You said, you know what will I'll come down Inglewood, but I need a few things. I got a few can This is the only way I come. The only way I come down to Inglewood is if you get Tank on stage and the two pieces of Jama set doing coming like Nigga for seven minutes. I was like.
Speaker 4: The giggles, it's expensive for them.
Speaker 2: Got on the rishion loop tongue. Baby Face was behind me. He said that took courage.
Speaker 4: Wait was there? You didn't tell me that?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 4: Why was baby Face there?
Speaker 2: It was something it was somebody's birthday or something that he knew. So he was there. A few other people were there and they were like, they like, okay you wow. Bree was there. She went up, She went up and did comm and she did a set her self. Was fire watching her. She killed it. And when I came back and said out, she was like, tap you on the knee, give me knee. That's like taking time in jerky.
Speaker 4: Yes it is, And that's what of of comedy because whatever happens on that stage, you have to use it. Yeah, if you're the host, if you're next, right right, right right, I've been. I've been the seven minute nigga boy. I had to sit back and just eat that and niggas coming on after me and just roasting my bomb. And then I've been, you know, like y'all ain't had to do the nigga like that.
Speaker 2: I watched who was What's My Guy? Ashley Larry Donnelle.
Speaker 4: Rollins that nigga a problem?
Speaker 2: So I watched DONNAE. So listen, I bomb, the guy comes after me. No, no, tell you that, the guy comes after me. I didn't bomb. I just didn't do well you bomb, bro, you I promise it wasn't a bomb because the guy after me bombed.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty sure Chris don't mean bomb.
Speaker 2: No, he didn't take that. The guy after me bombed like it was bad the name night okay, guy after it, The guy after him is the guy who came and gave me, Oh wait, you I stayed the whole night.
Speaker 4: You wow?
Speaker 2: What you mean? It was what it was?
Speaker 3: It was? It was what it was when.
Speaker 4: You when you're going home and you're getting your car right after the bomb, you got too much time to think about the bomb to stay.
Speaker 2: And so so and so take it on this and so donell have to go after I cannot think of this now. He's a monster. How you go to this guy and Donelle kind of like bombed And I was like, but because yeah, you know, she spent that on here.
Speaker 4: Now when he sees he gon he was drinking.
Speaker 2: He had been drinking, he was drunks, don't know. But then he came to me after the after the show and was like, Nigga, that's how this should go sometime, Nigga. You know what I'm saying, Like, you gotta stay. I like what you're doing too. I see what you're doing. You know what I'm saying. You gotta stay own this ship, nigga, and then you gotta a nigga was just giving me like fifteen minutes full of bars, you know, what I'm saying, you need it and if you need my help, nigga, you can get me. Nigga. I know what, I know the ship you need, nigga, Like you got some ship. But I know, like and I was just taking sessions and lessons from these niggas. That's why I stayed so I could get the information.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't have got have been on the four five. You know you shot two times in the air as I was pulling off fu.
Speaker 4: Yeah, real quick, just real quick to the.
Speaker 2: Club, real quick, like oh, you know, tanks you at the club man, But seeing Donelle, but seeing him in a space where and let me not say he kind of bombs. He was literally just up there doing him and didn't give a fuck, like he didn't give a fuck, like he ran one joke for like eight minutes.
Speaker 9: I'm definitely this is beneath me night. He just didn't club and I was just that's that's kind of what he was on.
Speaker 2: So to get bars from him like that, and then I can't when I remember my guy, I'm gonna tell you who he was to get bars from him. And even Breeze he was supportive. She's like, you're gonna be gonna be all right, won't be all right? What you're doing, you know what I'm saying. Like that was the first moment of you know, kind of tasting that defeat and completely understanding, Nigga, this is gonna be This is gonna be a long It's gonna be a long process to get to the point to where not even you're just welcome, more than welcome in the space, but that you're respected in the space. You know what I'm saying. And so I said, well, ship, let's get it. Yeah, let's work. It's all work, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So ain't no short cut. This's another question I have.
Speaker 6: How does it feel to be like the resident light scann Thumb in the movies?
Speaker 4: How is it that's like.
Speaker 2: Ray Ray the Kwan, like Lessen, Like how like, wh what have you done?
Speaker 4: What have you done? It becomes a god, god, bro.
Speaker 2: You know what it is.
Speaker 4: I'm not a threat to anybody. Okay, so they know that I could play the funny thug, you know what I mean, because I'm not. I'm not that guy that's like at the club trying to be the light skinned, hard nigga. You know what I'm saying, I'm just I'm not.
Speaker 6: Never had corn rolls. No, It's always funny to see the extra license. I've had dreads, but dress different with the corn rolls, Like I've never Tyler Ferry cornrolls.
Speaker 4: Man, I hope you never had. I've never had some of the lace front more package with the mesh hair.
Speaker 2: Oh you asked me something about what what is platinum record?
Speaker 4: Oh yeaeah ship we jumped Yeah, in in stand up or comedy in general general, like, think like, what's equivalent to that? I think that's something you can just movie like movie you get put on and be because if.
Speaker 6: You become a movie star, yeah, now you go into a comedy.
Speaker 4: Club or you have a big standard bigeh. To me, that's that's the equivalent of that. And then you know, you know immediately how you've affected the world when you're go on tour. M h yeah, you know exactly when they're showing up. Yeah, you're like, okay, I made a I made a dent in this thing.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, So they're definitely definitely movie. So you being the the light resident thug, Like, how is that for you?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 4: That's like I don't even think about it. It's not until you said it that I'm like, I do play a lot of funny thugs, those characters different ship too, but those are yeah.
Speaker 2: Those are and sticks when you do those characters.
Speaker 6: Because the interesting thing with with all of those characters, Yes, the one thing that connects them is that, yes, the light skin thug right over who just overly thugged out goofy right, But.
Speaker 4: They're not the.
Speaker 6: Same person, like Ray Ray and the Kwan and Lester are not the same person, which is so interesting to me because it's based around the same thing. And that's that's that's a trip to me.
Speaker 4: Well, people are, those characters are all from different places. But I think, and this is a blessing, is I have a relatability that thugs fuck with When the people in the street see you and they and they said, Nigga, that ship you doing. That ship had me and my niggas rolling. When the niggas is in your in your comedy wavelengthing music, the niggas fuck with you. And again I thank God for this because I love my people. To be loved by the masses is great, But your people are gonna ride with you the whole way. They're just gonna ride with you. And so the characters have that through line. It's something about Ray Ray that they just like, Yo, this nigga is just we know he ain't a real gangster, but it's something about him that's like a nigga.
Speaker 2: I know, IM about to say, because even as as as as as crazy as you go with the character, there is still somebody like that. There's nigga.
Speaker 4: We have seen the thug nigga flint, you know, and theer comes We've seen it. But yeah, it's a blessing to have that that connectivity with with the streets.
Speaker 2: So what is your built as a comedian? Like? What is your like as you scroll through the teachings and the things that you've the pieces that you've snatched from everywhere to build.
Speaker 4: You, whether you radients are the ingredients, what are the Eddie Murphy, Martin Lawrence, All things Wings and Living Color included uh, Robert Townsend, Wow, George Carlin. Like I said, all things Wins includes Jim Carrey and that so is that were like the whole physical comedy him and Martin, Him and Martin. My my wit, the nigga wit that I call it is Eddie Eddie was the first guy that was nigga in the time when niggas were most.
Speaker 2: Reggie Ham he said, because they knew Brooke was gonna get fucked that night. Mm hmm. He said that.
Speaker 4: He said that they was nervous about me taking Brooks shields to the awards. They was cool with Mike doing it, but when I was gonna do it, they knew brook was gonna give. So that's what I got, my my nigga funny Eddie. That's that's the beginning of it. And then of course it's Bernie Mac There's Robin Harris, The's you know, I study goats. Chris Rock is one of my favorites. When I'm on stage, I use the whole stage because of Chris Rock. Hands out, what's your Who's your favorite stand up or comedian? Specifically? My favorite of all time is Eddie, Like of all time, it's it's Eddie favorite time. Anyone have a better stand.
Speaker 2: Up than that.
Speaker 4: In Europe? And this is your opinion, I don't know, I mean because to me, no one, no one is, but I don't That's why I said has two specials and he's launched into forever start on. That's he's the goat.
Speaker 2: It's hard, it's hard to talk against that. You just got to leave that where it is.
Speaker 4: They don't have a bad one.
Speaker 2: Everybody got questionable. Yeah, you got to leave those there, leave Eddie there and just talk about everybody else.
Speaker 4: He has two classics, classics, right, the guys that have done more than him. You've done so many that you have time to have a bad one. You have the volume to have a bad one. Which I don't knock that either. There's output in that. But this man, some of the most classic movies is Eddie. We're not even talking about the standard specially potography, forty eight hours Night coming to America.
Speaker 2: Oscar worthy material.
Speaker 4: Oscar worthy, the clumps one into oscar worthy.
Speaker 2: What's what's my other one?
Speaker 3: Uh uh.
Speaker 4: As listen, come on, man, he is the goat.
Speaker 2: He is the goat.
Speaker 4: There's no Oscar for comedy though, right there needs to be. I think they're gonna create it at some point, and they and.
Speaker 2: They need to retroactively give Eddie Murphy ten ten of them.
Speaker 4: Ten of them and let all niggas out that got weed charges since it's league now that's coming. That's the two that's active things I need to have but give Eddie his flowers and his motherfucking awards because he's better than all of them, man, all the ones that they try to well.
Speaker 2: He's the easy easy. He's the prototype for everything that I think every comedian is.
Speaker 4: Everyone that come after him has tried to do it.
Speaker 2: The only person to push that line, I think a bit further Jamie Foxx.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well he's another.
Speaker 2: He's another one of those creatures.
Speaker 4: Jamie is an alien genius. He's one of my favorites, one of my favorites. But again he all things. He's my number two. Come from it, right, He's from that and what he's in a class by himself because Jamie has been able to do and he's the only one that has been able to do what even Eddie wanted to do.
Speaker 2: And that is be a successful musician, artist, at the top of every food chain. He has an award he has. He is Oscar, Oscar, Grammy, Tony, I wouldn't be what's the Emmy is Emmy, Oscar, Grammy and a bunch of other stuff. And he's the greatest enter all times. I always say that.
Speaker 4: And there's three people that I say are the best storytellers that I've ever heard.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 4: I've been around Bill Cosby, Jamie Fox, and Charlie Murphy storytelling impeccable Charlie Murphy.
Speaker 2: And I didn't know Charlie. I didn't think me Charlie Murphy. But watching him tell those stories on the ship hell Shaw, that was that was history. Bro.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm here to tell you as a as a friend, Charlie Murphy. Yeah, that's just what he does. I've heard so many stories that will never see the light of day because it just randomly showed this mother fucking man. She ain't got the sweat you do on with the things about this nigga had a shower pipe underneath this.
Speaker 2: He was hoes with it.
Speaker 4: You asked him why he had the shower pipe on his jacket and fucked his hose with it. Come, my dick don't work. But I love him, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: No, I know, not just and and to that, like a guy like Charlie Murphy, there could never be another one of him. Well, but I'm about to speak on like a guy like Charlie Murphy, a guy like uh uh Bernie Mack, guys like that who have funny ship about him already, right right, right, right right, You're already funny without doing comedy, like you could just funny guys. He just looks as soon as you're looking down.
Speaker 6: But the reason why I said it couldn't be another Charlie though, is because he had the cheat code. His brother was the most famous funniest on the planet, right, and he got to just be a fly on the wall and experience all the things that Eddie kind of couldn't because he's the start.
Speaker 4: But he wasn't even just the homie. This is my brother, my brother.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got access. I'm Brookshire too.
Speaker 4: On everything, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So it's like for him it was different.
Speaker 6: That's why when he that's why when they did the Chappelle thing, it just it was so genius because it was.
Speaker 4: His access.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like, and the beauty in it is that Charlie was his own thing. He was He wasn't Eddie looks like but he's nothing like Eddie. They's nothing like each other, you know what I'm saying. And that's what I also respect about the Wayne's family. Them Niggas is all.
Speaker 2: In terms of colons, common comedics, family.
Speaker 4: Of all time they're like the tang the same way Riza had every one of the Wu Tangs with their own label de he diversified it us.
Speaker 2: That's how I watched when I watched Marlon WANs in this in the Scary was the Scary Movie when when he was in the bed by himself and he acted out the ghosts raping him.
Speaker 4: Oh that was the house.
Speaker 2: I screamed when I said, I screamed for about an hour. I remember you went to.
Speaker 4: See you Got It.
Speaker 2: I was like, what is wrong with this?
Speaker 4: In the same movie he fed a teddy bear like he was full on sweating.
Speaker 6: And then you got Damon who was in made had funny parts in color colors.
Speaker 4: Like who's also one of the legendary stande like one of my face Keenan Keenan ivory Wayans.
Speaker 2: Is he is literally.
Speaker 4: Saving your family. Looks like right, he's nepotism done the right way. What him and Joe Jackson at this point, I mean, Joe, I'm gonna give it to Keenan. I'm gonna get and I'm gonna say why.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna say I'm gonna give it to Keenan because Keenan was the person who create who could create the opportunities, right, Like Joe Jackson created the stars, right, but he wasn't He wasn't very gordy though, you get what I'm saying.
Speaker 4: So Kenny keenan Ivory Wayans.
Speaker 6: Is Joe Jackson and Berry Gordy all in one because the way they all operate, Like whoever has a network TV show, you're.
Speaker 4: Gonna see eight Wayns next period music on the grip whatever, uh standing.
Speaker 6: Guess nobody's done it like them, nobody.
Speaker 2: If nobody watching that and sees that as a.
Speaker 4: Blueprint and it's his brainchild, it's from him one thousand percent.
Speaker 6: That's that's incredible. And the fact that like I was, I think I was watching it randomly? Was it raw or delirious?
Speaker 4: That he wrote on raw? Him? And is it Robert Towns and Robert Townsend they co wrote the sketch in the beginning. But I mean, being around Eddie at that time, you know how we tag each other joke. I'm sure that they had some you know, some more input in that, but to see their names on that was like on raw on raw, Yeah, this is and then not to mention Hollywood Shuffle like that's Robert Towns was in his bag and it's all bag sketch, show Man where John Witherspoon came from, and a whole lot of other David Allen Grier I think was on in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: But who is a monster?
Speaker 4: Monster?
Speaker 2: Monster?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've been blessed, man, we've been blessed.
Speaker 2: We were blessed because comedy or in terms of the people I think who are getting on in the comedic space today, it's different.
Speaker 4: It's different.
Speaker 2: It's way.
Speaker 6: That's actually a segue into me wanting to know your thoughts on insta comedy.
Speaker 4: I just I just had a panel discussion today with about instacomedy, not insta comedy, but with DC Young Flo. He and I won the same panel. And I always say it like this, I don't care what the platform or the era. There's good niggas and there's garbage niggas, right, fair enough. So when it comes to the insta social media and people are oh, that shit ain't real, that shit. Ain't they cheating? It's too simple. It's too they're not really doing Uh, they ain't put in the time in the work. If that was the mentality that was that prevailed prevailed in the seventies, we wouldn't have hip hop because all them bands, all them seventies bands, that was music theory and part of it. Part of it was their mentality though.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying is if if it would have succeeded and they were able to shut down these niggas, that's taking our records and saying word, yeah, it's hippiie hot. They cheap. We learned the instruments. How are you gonna take my vinyl and you're gonna say some bullshit.
Speaker 2: Over you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: It was a lot of old geez that was mad.
Speaker 2: They were mad.
Speaker 4: But what I'm saying is, I'm not gonna be that nigga. Now that's overlooking the next wave of hip whatever it is, whatever this social media ship is. Get involved.
Speaker 2: Do you think you did that? You did get involved.
Speaker 4: That's my mentality. It's like, I'm just gonna I'm gonna get involved.
Speaker 2: But for me, like good when I when I got into comedy during the insta comedy era, I didn't I didn't want to be I didn't want to be insta funny. I wanted to be able to go into a bar with seven people and make them laugh, because that's that's how the comedians that I appreciate got it. Yeah, And so I felt like there was there was a piece of that foundation that I wanted to connect to, a step that I didn't want to skip, just personally, just personally, you know what I mean. I wanted to connect to that for sure, because I just thought because that because that's that's that's how greatness was defined to me, because those are the people that I grew up under. And I'm not mad at the Insta funny. I get it, And you're smart for taking anything, adapting and running with it.
Speaker 4: But here's the thing, as with music, right, the greatest ones in hip hop come from music. Na's dad was a jazz musician, right rock him dad, jazz musician, doctor Dre. He plays shit like the ones that still want to go learn the foundation of music, really perfecting their craft, really perfecting. They're the ones that's going to be around for a long all the time and have been around for decades. So you are cut from that claw. I am cut from that claw. Like I'm not being We're not insta funny already. We are already niggas that got the tools to get on stage and perform. We know how to move a crowd, right, We're just using Instagram as an extra platform add to our arsenal. It's not all we have, you know what I mean. But what I say about that is get involved, Like get involved, don't shun it. Don't look at these niggas that you think is not funny and they're on Instagram doing comedy. Some of the niggas is hilarious. It's up to them to want to take it. For me as a consumer or a fan, even.
Speaker 6: There are certain pages that I just go to, I want to see what the new ad right, what the new post of this guy?
Speaker 4: From a Spice ADM to a high hogh day to a DC traditional comedian though you know what I mean? Or like when b some moaning and was doing all of the they skits and you know what I'm saying, like V does he banks be having me hollering? Yeah, it's so nigga ship, Like there's something to that and it's very important for us, you know what I mean, Like I.
Speaker 6: Because and maybe it's I'm not a comedian, so I wouldn't know. So I'm asking you someone being able to get something off like that in a minute seems harder to me because it's not like they can really drag the joke out and it's no you know, with the punchline type of thing. It's more so like you can't edit. But making something funny in a minute it's hard though.
Speaker 2: No, it's not because you think, but like this, I feel like it's better. It's you can, you can. It's like it's like it's like doing theater versus doing a TV show. Okay, you can edit it ed you own theater. When you're doing theater, get it off. You can't.
Speaker 4: You can't. You can't.
Speaker 2: Want and done, You got you, You got your lines right now. There is no break character, there is no do over. You get to curate that one minute that you're creating on Instagram. You get to I don't like that one Let me get to this fast out there it is You get to show people. Is that it?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: Ain't it what I need to do? Oh? Okay. There's the editing process to getting a good take for Instagram versus getting on that stage at the Lave Factory or an Inglewood. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And.
Speaker 4: That's really what it is. It always boils down to you got to know how to do it all, you know what I mean. You can't just be a sprinter. You gotta get some marathon marathon in your lungs. You know, I can get on stage for an hour twenty and be comfortable in that I'm endured for that hour. I know what that's like. I've done back to back hours in the same night.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: I can get on and do a fifteen second reel on ig and get up, do a dance move or character, or me and Spice can get on an improv for a whole fucking hour and a half, whatever it is. I'm comfortable because I've taken the time to play in all of those arenas. You build your foundation in the joints. If you limited to if you limited to just a minute or fifteen seconds, and you talk about you want to be a star and you want to expand, and you ain't got none of the other training up under you don't pull up on leg day and try to squat that god damn three fifty or whatever that shit is, don't you, God damn it, get on stage someone. You're gonna headline Okay an hour yeh from from this you just saw you did before? Okay, Okay, get h.
Speaker 3: Shit.
Speaker 4: But I respect the niggas that respected Deasi. I've done shows with him. He's funny, but he's learning. He's admittedly learning DC young Fly, that nigga got it, but he's humble. He's still always studying and learning. I respect them young niggas that says, let's say, all right, I know the platform that came up on allowed me to get it out faster, uh and sooner. But I gotta do the work. I gotta. I respect these O g's that I don't want to, you know, cheapen the arena of comedy.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 6: I thought it was really cool when Martin was doing what he was doing with the youngs and I guess it was like he was hosting, but he had like the Simon and a couple of other like young people, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Because for somebody like Martin that you don't you know what I'm saying, So for him to you know, introduce and that he pulled up to my standard special to the good nigga.
Speaker 2: It's in this. It made the cut.
Speaker 4: I had to pay homage the camera. Yeah, I hate I had to pay homage. That's I mean, that's one of my big hero so what is the next one?
Speaker 2: In Roscoe Jenkins was back in the same building. What is the next what is the next death comedy jam moment? What do you mean for me? Or period? But is that possible?
Speaker 4: Here's here's the thing. It is possible, I would say to a degree wildn out Was that for me?
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: When you're not a great you get moment in black a bunch of raw, hungry comedians together on the same stage, especially when we first started. I mean that's me, d Ray, Corey Holcomb, Kat Williams, Williams Williams, you know what I'm saying, Like, that's now you had some dogs on it. Yeah, we was. We was them guys right and then now Chico being Carlos Miller, DC Young Fly like them. Niggas is animals. They really know they ship. Yeah I saw I saw him so. But to me, that is our this generation's version of Death County Jam that has a longer span. You know, people will be like, ah, it's not the same.
Speaker 2: Anymore, what all of that?
Speaker 4: Where else are you gonna see a show with comedy and rap perfectly fused together like Niggas is coming on? They're getting putting their careers on Snoopers on their trading raps with comedians pnb Rock whoever like uh loop a Fiasco, Vic Mensak like it's for me. That's our version of that comedy Jaen, But there can always be another one. It's just about the industry getting the fuck out the way and us saying all right now this We're not gonna keep letting them tell us what's funny and what's not. We're not gonna wait for the green light. It takes somebody daring to say I'm gonna create this.
Speaker 6: Shoot I'm creating, shoot it, and then I know if I need to partner with it, I partner period, So it can be one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, if we're not gonna keep you, I mean you're welcome to stay in. The guests from Appreciate You Man. Jay has a special segment of this show that he likes to you know, likes to call upon our guests.
Speaker 6: To be especially someone you know of your travels well, travel well travel.
Speaker 4: Anything in Germany with a karate suit on, I've done some things. That's a different level. It's a different level.
Speaker 6: The first person ever met like you, the real life karate kid yeahearting man only.
Speaker 4: I cannot fight. Just let's just be clear, okay, all right for some money.
Speaker 6: So yeah, so of all your travels man, so we have we have a segment of the show. It's called I Ain't saying no names. And the story can either be funny or fucked up, but you can't use the people name. He can give you know what I mean, and gives some inklings on who it might be by the way you tell the story.
Speaker 4: So the people could be trying to figure this shit out, but you cannot say their name. I ain't saying no that. I'm gonna just say this right here. There's a nigga. If I said his name, I think y'all would run. But when I describe him, y'all don't know exactly what I'm talking about. Okay, this is a guy who has his face wrapped on vans and he always in a phantom or I've seen the nigga have billboards around and he's got every bandana from every culture and he wraps it in the front, like and Jemima Park and dding and he's got photos with my Jack's. He's he's every fucking where and he gets out on the red carpet with the adornments. Yes, he's high waves, high waves, and the paps would be like amazing energy, amazing.
Speaker 5: Amazing energy knows every I'm always happy to see it.
Speaker 4: To this day, I don't know what the fuck he does. I've always heard that he was an artist. I never heard of goddamn song.
Speaker 10: But the freshest newest fanom Bentley Coop Hovercraft. I'm just saying these niggas exist, and uh, I ain't saying no names, but that's I don't know if you call that a storm, but this, this is your mind, It's.
Speaker 4: Been on your Mind's aious one. It's great in this, in this, in this town.
Speaker 2: The way you the way you just articulated, that would probably be the way all of us would.
Speaker 4: They sweating because you know who I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Listen, A lovely brother, I mean, spirit is amazing, a lovely brother. He floats when he walks. It's always blessing.
Speaker 4: Always, and conversations always always, great energy and see it.
Speaker 2: Not a bad thing in the world can be said about. There are only questions that can be asked, What do you do?
Speaker 4: Everybody?
Speaker 2: I'm talking about?
Speaker 4: If Obama's in town, He's gonna right next to him. Yeah, I've seen him in places that I just I couldn't get into him. How who are you where?
Speaker 2: This is going to be part of our unsolved mystery segment.
Speaker 4: When he started detailing, as soon as you started, he was gone as soon as you started.
Speaker 2: Everybody, Hey, look I got one more, yo, one more, Okay, all right, I'll get.
Speaker 4: To one more. Because because that wasn't a damn story it was though it is. It was because I have personal interactions with with the guy, great energy. We've been in many parking lots and hands is moving.
Speaker 6: It's always a parking lot because it's always a whip to though it's always an amazing whip always standing outside the other craft.
Speaker 4: Right, there's always a plan. Let me get your number because that dot dot ellipses right. So it was a story, God damn it, jay Balonce. The other story, I just said my old name, like I'm in trouble to.
Speaker 2: The Principal's office domestic.
Speaker 4: But no, there's there's a I'm not even gonna say the profession, but you're already gonna know that there's there's a cat that you know, shoulder I called it. The shoulders is always moving mm hmm. And you know got the new you know, will show you it's the key. Gonna put the key on the table. Why we're just getting a burger? Yeah? Put the lamborg man. I already know ship.
Speaker 3: God damn.
Speaker 4: Always signaling for ship. And it's like, all right, I know you, I know getting it, But are you getting because I know niggas that do what.
Speaker 3: You do.
Speaker 4: And ain't moving. The shoulders don't move as much as yours do, but your shoulders be mean, right, saying So that's all I'm saying. Ain't saying.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 4: If I say anymore, I'm gonna get a text.
Speaker 2: Get a text. You have You have the most different and peculiar I ain't saying no name.
Speaker 4: Present scenarios, not even.
Speaker 2: Cinnarios, ladies and jealousy. This has been the Everyboddy podcast. Brother in the building, man, thank you for coming through and uh and rocking with your partners. I'm I'm tanking. I was about to say I'm day Valentine, but clearly I'm not. I haven't had on this is my hair, Okay, this is what I'm doing for a little bit. Yes, you know what I'm saying. I got back three and a half ways. You know what I'm saying, gone fucking around with the Valentine Dumb Tank and this is Jay Valentine. We have the authorities on Army Music.
Speaker 3: Spen, Army Money podcast, R and B Money Money.
Speaker 2: R and B Money is the production of the Black Effect podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. Don't forget to subscribe to and rate our show and you can connect with us on social media via at R and B Money Podcasts or at the Real Tank or at j Valentine