Speaker 1: I just want to start off the episode by saying, Happy Veterans Day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, guys, so much.
Speaker 3: Seriously, I'm the daughter and the grand daughter of Marine, so you know, thank you so much for all of your service out there, and and today we got an awkward Tuesday for you.
Speaker 1: Yes, do you want to start with a comment? Alexis you got something? Yes? Our Mattlocke said, please launch more merch.
Speaker 4: I wasn't listening to you guys the last time you did it, and since then, I've listened to hundreds of episodes across YouTube and TikTok.
Speaker 1: You guys are my daily.
Speaker 4: Podcast while I'm working and studying for grad school. You guys deal with some crazy people every day and it makes me feel sane. And now I can say this happy holiday.
Speaker 1: I have been plotting another merch for a cause. Launch hat.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know if we're gonna have hats, but you knoweah, you have a.
Speaker 1: Hat on right now.
Speaker 3: All right, let's get our awkward Tuesday phone call going and just keep your ears open because something's coming.
Speaker 1: It's fricking Jeffrey.
Speaker 5: If you thought being stuck in the friend zone was the worst feeling, we just heard about another hopeless zone of no romance. That sounds even more frustrating.
Speaker 1: Wow, please don't tell me it's the dead zone. Please don't tell me it's the dead zone.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 5: But one of our listeners is stuck in it right now. He's been desperately searching for a way to finally spark a love connection with a person that he's known for years. Oh, they're not exactly friends. Their relationship is a little stranger, more complicated than that. Really, he's gonna tell us all about it. We're going to try and help him get out of that zone in a brand new awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 2: Next, it's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It's awkward Tuesday phone call. When you run into an old friend or acquaintance from your past, is that exciting for you? Is that kind of awkward friend the other day?
Speaker 3: I like it for like twenty five minutes, and then after twenty five minutes, I'm like, oh, that's why we don't talk anymore personally.
Speaker 5: If I see anybody I knew back in the day, I'm pulling the fire alarm and getting the heck out of there.
Speaker 1: Oh oh wow.
Speaker 2: Not rehashing old memories with you today?
Speaker 6: Sorry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know, I know some people are a little bit more amicable to that. Yeah, like our listener Mark, who recently ran into someone from his past and now he's looking to get a little bit of advice.
Speaker 2: So Mark, welcome to the show Man.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, thank you so much for inviting me. It is amazing.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, amazing because you like the show. Were amazing because the issue is that big.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, I listened to your show every day. But oh, I don't know. I gotta talk to you. I gotta lay it down.
Speaker 1: Okay, Oh, it sounds like it's juicy.
Speaker 2: Who'd you run into from your past?
Speaker 6: Oh? I randomly bumped into my old childhood babysitter.
Speaker 2: Wow, oh wow.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Did she recognize or he? I guess I shouldn't say that, but all my babysitters were girls.
Speaker 1: Did they recognize you?
Speaker 6: Not? At first? I was at a coffee shop and I saw her come in while I was waiting for my drink, and I went up there and I just yelled, Kendra, question Mark.
Speaker 2: What did she say?
Speaker 6: She was just like, uh, who aren't you?
Speaker 2: That means, yes, I am, but I don't recognize you.
Speaker 1: Okay, it makes sense.
Speaker 2: You were a kid. It's awkward.
Speaker 1: Better than her saying go to your room.
Speaker 6: I said, oh, I'll give you a hint. I was like, can you do what? Can you put on my foot? Gimme?
Speaker 1: Oh no, what'd you say?
Speaker 6: It's like, oh my god, Marky?
Speaker 1: Can we call you Marky?
Speaker 2: Now? It worked.
Speaker 6: I was just like, yeah, I'm all growing up. And we laughed and he's super cute.
Speaker 1: Now, Oh, so many Marky's got to say for the babysitters sounds.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, yeah, I'm curious. How old were you when you knew her?
Speaker 6: So I was nine as you were fourteen at the time.
Speaker 1: Oh it's not five year difference.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now when you're adults, that's nothing. How old How old are you now? Are you past your teens?
Speaker 6: Yes, it's a balanced question, like this was three years eighty seven years old.
Speaker 2: You're like, Kendrew, you're nine.
Speaker 6: No, No, I'm around twenty five right now. But we just couldn't stop telling stories and we were joking around. You could tell there was a vibe, you know between us.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you ask her out? What did you do? Did you make a move?
Speaker 6: Oh, here's what happened. She was with another lady from her work. Okay, so you said let's catch up over dinner sometime, and I was like, yeah, absolutely. So you know a few days later we went to dinner. It was amazing. I mean, it felt better than going on a normal date because we are had a connection and.
Speaker 2: So this was a this was a date that you two went on.
Speaker 6: It wasn't officially a date. It was more of a catch up.
Speaker 3: Like from his side of the story, it's like cool and sexy and hot. As someone who I'm sure Alexis feels the same, has been a babysitter.
Speaker 1: It would be really weird even.
Speaker 3: As adults, because you just still see that person as a kid, like I leave them back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you watch them pick their nose. You know where they kept their booger collection.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: It sounds like you guys have actually considered and thought about dating them. But she talked to herself out.
Speaker 3: Well, I just I've tried to think from her side, what was her reaction to this? Did she give any indication that she had any interest?
Speaker 6: So my tick on it, honestly was she was being pretty flirty back at me.
Speaker 2: Okay, bit that's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely, Yeah, is there anything specific that you can bring up about that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean she was twirling her hair. She was laughing. It was amazing, Like, Okay, try her when you're bored.
Speaker 1: Men don't believe.
Speaker 2: That scientific room and you also do it when you're flirting. But you're right. It could be either. She could have been bored and not having a good time.
Speaker 1: I keep forgetting that this isn't a second date, right, like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're doing an awkward phone call here? What what makes this awkward?
Speaker 6: So things were going well till halfway through the meal. She leaned over and said, Markie, you need to finish your vegetables.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, wait wait did you laugh?
Speaker 6: I mean I laughed, and then she says, I'm serious. Oh so I ate my vegetables while she watched me, and it was it was embarrassing.
Speaker 3: Though, Well, you are a stronger boy because you did eat those veggies.
Speaker 2: So let me ask you this. At the end of the night, how did you and Kendra leave things?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: Was it romantic at all?
Speaker 6: We walked out, We had a huge hug. I told her, I was it's gonna text her. Yeah, it was like you better, it's important to keep promises.
Speaker 2: Kind of preachy teach your babysitter motive. Yeah, how long ago was this?
Speaker 6: It was just so only a few nights ago.
Speaker 1: So okay, so what do you what do you want our advice with? Because that's like the awkward thing, is right, we give advice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I just need advice on how to just to say that I'm grown and that I feel like you need to see me as someone that can be with.
Speaker 5: You go on a serious day with him.
Speaker 3: I think, stomp your feet and say this is not fair.
Speaker 1: I know, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 2: Let's try and figure this out. We're gonna come back. We're gonna give you some solid advice on how to help you ask out your babysitter so that she sees you as a man still paying her right.
Speaker 6: No, no, I'm not like no wonder All right.
Speaker 2: We're gonna do it with your awkward Tuesday phone call. Next, it's awkward.
Speaker 1: It's Tuesday.
Speaker 2: It's awkward Tuesday phone call.
Speaker 5: Imagine going out with a girl you haven't seen in years. You're at the dinner table together.
Speaker 2: She looks over at you, seductively, leans in and says, eat your veggie so you can grow up to be a big boy.
Speaker 1: It's weirdness.
Speaker 3: I think that there's some people that are into them. Yeah more our listener isn't.
Speaker 5: It did actually happen though, to one of our listeners name Marky. Well, I'm calling him Markie because the person across the table was his ex babysitter from when he was younger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was nine years old. She was fourteen at the time. But now they're both grown adults and Mark wants to play doctor the real way. But does she see him that way?
Speaker 3: Well, she kept calling him MARKI yeah, probably not not a good sign yet, not yet.
Speaker 5: He needs to get our advice on how to change that for himself.
Speaker 2: So let's go to Brooks for the whole advice. What do you think he should do?
Speaker 3: Bro, Well, I've been thinking about this a lot, and I mean you have to switch her mindset, right. You have to have her start thinking of you like a man. I never suggest this, but I think you should bring up exes because if she can see you in an adult relationship, if she can imagine that, maybe then she can imagine herself in an adult relationship with you.
Speaker 2: Okay, you ready to drop your body count on her? What do you think Mark?
Speaker 6: I don't want her to get you know, jealous or anything.
Speaker 3: If you do, you do, yeah, yes, you could just say like when I was traveling Europe with Candace God, you know, stuff like that.
Speaker 1: She was great, but she didn't really work out, you.
Speaker 2: Know, snobby boyfriend now.
Speaker 3: Trying to make him sound rich, adult, and well traveled, Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: Those are good things to remember. Act rich, act grown up, and act well traveled.
Speaker 6: I think I can do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're here for you. We all believe in you, buddy.
Speaker 5: We're gonna call Kendra for you, your ex babysitter, and let you try and make this thing.
Speaker 2: Official with her, get a real date. Okay, sorry, not official. What's the wrong word, calor ken? Is that more of like an adult? No? Just just go respectful manly. We're here for you. Okay, I'm down a number right now, here we go.
Speaker 6: Hello, Kendra, it's me. Who is this It's it's Mark.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, marky Hi.
Speaker 7: I must not have faked your number right in my phone. I don't didn't pop up with this number. How are you?
Speaker 6: I'm great? How are you?
Speaker 7: I'm good? I'm good. I'm just kind of hanging out. I just ordered some food waiting for it to show up.
Speaker 6: Cool. I love food. Food's great.
Speaker 7: I know I remember that, you do.
Speaker 6: I know you? Yeah, I kind of need to admit something to you. Okay, Uh so when I was nine, I kind of had a crush on you.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, tell me something I don't know.
Speaker 6: Oh wait, you knew that.
Speaker 7: Well, I kind of had a feeling. I mean when my boyfriend stopped by that one time you called nine one one and told them that there was an intruder at the door.
Speaker 6: So right, God, I totally forgot about that. Anyway, Oh you said that was cute.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was so cute.
Speaker 6: Anyway, did you have a good time the other night when we hung out?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I did.
Speaker 7: It was really nice, but it was like a little late.
Speaker 6: What do you mean?
Speaker 7: I mean, Well, you know, you told me you had a big meeting the next day, and I felt like I was keeping you up past your bedtime.
Speaker 6: Well I'm older now, so I don't really have a bedtime.
Speaker 7: Well I know that, but like everybody needs their sleep, even like big boys like you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean I guess that's true. But I should probably listen to you more. I mean, you should.
Speaker 7: That was the meeting.
Speaker 6: It was good. I mean, I think I made a good impression.
Speaker 7: Did you brush your teeth before?
Speaker 6: Yeah? But look here's the it's like that I have. And I'm just gonna be honest. I don't know if you see it, but I feel like there's like an attraction between us.
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, I feel that.
Speaker 6: Right. But like you've heard of people being like friend zoned before, I feel like I'm being nanny zoned.
Speaker 7: Wait what are you talking about?
Speaker 6: You know, like the brush your teeth common and on the date you made me eat vegetables. It's just stuff you would have said to me as a kid, And I don't want the potential of this to have some the same nanny kid power structure.
Speaker 7: Okay, okay, how about this? How about you come over to my place this Friday night. I'll make you dinner and I won't make you eat vegetables.
Speaker 6: Okay, yeah that sounds good.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and then we can watch a movie that's you know, not too scary because I remember that you don't like the scary one. And the best bard is if you stay out past eleven and I won't make you go home.
Speaker 6: Oh wow?
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, you can stay over and I'll read you a bedtime story.
Speaker 6: And Tucky Joky.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hey, Kendra, Hey, who is Kendra.
Speaker 5: You're on the radio right now with a show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 7: Huh okay, Jeffrey.
Speaker 2: We're a morning radio show right and we're doing a segment with Mark called Awkward Tuesday Phone Call. We're trying to help him have this conversation.
Speaker 1: With you about like dating, not about bedtime stories.
Speaker 7: Mark, what's happening right now? I don't like this?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Mark?
Speaker 2: Mark? Do you want to explain?
Speaker 6: So listen. I have feelings for you, and I want you to see me as an equal because I really, I really see its being a thing.
Speaker 5: Do you feel like there's a connection there, maybe, Kendra, like a grown up, mature, romantic connection.
Speaker 3: I mean I kind.
Speaker 7: Of see something. But at the same time, it's just like really hard to shake the image I have of you as a little boy, Like in my mind, you're still a little boy.
Speaker 1: But listen to his voice.
Speaker 3: That's a man voice, and you're sitting across from him at the dinner table.
Speaker 1: He's got facial hair.
Speaker 2: Give a chance to say something manly right now? Mark, go ahead.
Speaker 6: I mean I do have facial hair.
Speaker 2: I mean, come on, Wow, I'm certainly convinced.
Speaker 7: I just think he's adorable, but I just can't like he's this Marky, I don't know, and I can't.
Speaker 2: Okay, but you admit it.
Speaker 1: You admitted there was an attraction when you two were talking. I heard you. You said, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 2: But then she told him to make sure he brushes his teeth every night, So like each other out like, do you do you realize that you're doing that, Kendra? Or do you even know that I habit?
Speaker 7: What do you want from me?
Speaker 4: It's habits.
Speaker 5: This could just be a case of two people trying to force a romantic connection when really it is what it is. And maybe you're just meant more to be just friends.
Speaker 3: Yeah, or Mark just wants his girlfriend to do everything for him, you know, like changes down.
Speaker 1: I mean, he obviously kind of likes it.
Speaker 3: Because like, how could anyone listen to that and still be attracted?
Speaker 6: I mean, I like when she does that too, I like when she reached me time stories.
Speaker 2: Maybe he does like it. Maybe the tickle monster can come out again and be like the grown up tickle.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 2: Maybe yeah, maybe we're all just trying too hard to make this happen and it's not going there naturally. I mean, do you see that, Mark?
Speaker 6: I mean maybe in another lifetime if she, if she wasn't my babysitter, there could have been something.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're given up, you're letting it go.
Speaker 3: Maybe you guys can be friends, or you can't stay Nanny's owned or is.
Speaker 2: Trying to find a time machine to go back and cancel her.
Speaker 6: I'm working on it and I'm starting tonight.
Speaker 2: Kendra. Are you okay just staying friends with Mark?
Speaker 7: Yeah? I think that's fine for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, may not do the babysitting terms around him a lot, to just be like normal adult friends.
Speaker 1: Did you not hear him? He likes it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, to.
Speaker 2: Stay in friends, stay in touch and see what happens, and maybe something will naturally develop from that.
Speaker 1: Okay, what's your favorite bedtime story? Mark?
Speaker 6: Oh my god, they are a man.
Speaker 1: Jeffrey in the morning. This is a couple. I wish we could get an update from.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: I need to know if things got more romantic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I think they got less.
Speaker 3: I think that it's gone to where he's probably just paying her hourly at this point.
Speaker 1: Come over and cut up his steak.
Speaker 4: For him like he got a little like revisit of it from what he's like, Wait, this is I see why we hired her.
Speaker 1: Yes, she was good.
Speaker 3: I mean to his credit, kids made they wait for people to make them food.
Speaker 1: We got their stuff off the floor. Yeah, exactly, be all cute and babysittery. It is a good life.
Speaker 3: I don't blame him at all. Hey, if you ever have an awkward you know, conversation that you need to have and you want poor advice, you should definitely contact our Yes, it's pretty easy to do.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, or more nanny situation, you know, for anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can just go to our website.
Speaker 3: It's Brooke and Jeffrey dot com and there's a big submit button there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can submit to be on the show.
Speaker 3: You can also text us to the number seven eighty five nine to two, or always follow our socials at Brock and Jeffrey. And thanks for being here one more time. Happy Veterans Day and stay safe.
Speaker 1: We'll see you tomorrow.