Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from coast to coast am on iHeartRadio man.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Coast to coast, George nor with you. Peter Sterling, master harpist and sound traveler, Former yoga and tai Chi teacher, ski instructor, tour guide. Peter has found his calling by connecting with the angels is. Twenty five years of being guided by Angels plus has provided him with a vast body of knowledge to assist humanity, all of us in opening to a new dimension of awareness. Peter shares his wisdom at workshops where he explores sacred geometry, the harmonics of sound and light, the mystery of crop circles, and the evolution of d NA. Peter eleven years. Where have you been?
Speaker 3: I know, George has been too long, but I'm glad to be back. Good to have you brought me back around on you?
Speaker 2: They would have you been? What have you been up to?
Speaker 3: I've been great. You know a lot has happened over the last ten years. I don't I remember last time I saw you. I bumped into you at the bar at the hotel, helped Boldorado on a Saturday.
Speaker 2: Night when we were doing our beyond belief shows that's right.
Speaker 3: Exactly exactly, And so, gosh, what's been happening lately? I've just been producing a lot of music. I just launched my sixteenth album on June twelfth, called Mystic Voyager, and this is a beautiful recording. It's getting rave reviews around the world so far, and super excited about that. And I've been winning awards too. There's been some good this last year. I won the Visionary Music Award the Covert Visionary Music that's like a North America for New Age Album of the Year from my previous album, The Winding Way that came out last year. And before that, I won the Hollywood Music and Media Award New Age Album of the Year for my other album, Sanctuary of Light. So there's been a lot of recognition from my work and now. Also I launched a single this last year called called The Long Cold Winter. And this came to me like a vision the angels gave to me, George, and it came to me here in Sedona where I live. I'm talking to you now, but this song dropped in on my harp. It was so vivid, such a strong melody, and it had all this imagery and my friend and I were like, wow, it feels like World War two, like in the winter, the war going on, and the Angel was like, you need to record this song immediately, which I did. I started recording it, and then all of a sudden, I saw in the news of the war broke out in Ukraine. Started seeing all those pictures of the refugees and women and shoulder and just struck me deeply. And the Angel showed me this whole screenplay for this music video, which I produced it and followed to just like they told me. And I sent it out to international film festivals around the world, and it's won several awards for best Music Video, like in Paris and won the Los Angeles Cinematography Award last year, and in New York and the Stockholm, Swedish Film Award Best Music Video, the Bali Film Award Best Music Video. It's been pretty cool my music the last few years. I'm grateful.
Speaker 1: Peter.
Speaker 2: How did you become a harpist?
Speaker 3: Well, that's that's where the story starts. I came to Sedona about on the late eighties, so it's got almost forty years ago. But I came here to live as an artist. I've been living in Aspen. I was a ski instructor, teaching skiing to the rich and famous, having a fabulous life. But there was something else that wanted to come through me. So I came to Sedona. I heard about this place, this mystical power spot with red rock formations. The word was getting out. This was before the Internet, and I just knew I had to go. And the first time I came down Oak Creek Canyon, I was in the spring. It was just so struck me so deeply, the beauty, the power of the red rocks, and I just heard the home, like this is my home. And so I ended up moving here. But shortly after I arrived George, I got a message from my inner voice that I was too there was something else that wanted to come through me, something big, and I was to release all my material possessions, acquire of Oakswigen camper van, and I was going to live in my car, and I was going to be guided by this inner voice telling me to go to different places where I would discover things I needed to learn and remember about myself. And so that's what I did, and I lived and I ended up living in my van here George for about three years in Sedona, but I spent my days during that time just exploring the wilderness out back in the canyons here. I was just drawn to it, and I discovered that there was the most supreme and beautiful silence and stillness that exists in the canyons here of Sedona. And so my guidance was to just immerse myself into this back country, into the supreme silence and just sit in silence and listen to silence. And it was there that I would find the answers to that which I seek. And so that's what I did. I I just was practicing my yo guy, was doing a lot of healing work on myself during the time, living very simply. I had no money, basically, but I was just on my quest and living so close on the land and meditating for hours every day, just sitting in the silence and listening. Then ultimately what happened Georgia. You can just imagine me sitting out under a tree on a rock someplace in the canyon. But I started to hear the subtle strains of some sort of music. I was deep in my meditation. I was kind of like in a very rarefied state like a Somati state, and I was going through some really powerful, beautiful, sublime experience. But all of a sudden I started hear this subtle strains. I thought somebody was in the forest playing a stereo with some classical music on it. But then I realized, no, that's not what it is. I'm hearing something of a divine origin. And I had heard the stories, I had read the books of the saints, and many of the masters speak of the inner light in the inner sound, so I was aware of that. But all of a sudden, I was having my own mystical experience and hearing the most beautiful sound I had ever heard. The tone, the purity of the sound, the vibration of it just struck such a deep chord in me id like brought tears to my eyes. And so that's how it started. I heard. I heard the music on the wind in the silence of the canyons, and then from there I was the inner voice was like, just let the music take you on a journey, let it, let it, just trust, surrender and let go, just let go, let the sound current take you on an inner journey. And I did, and I was taken up into the light, and I just saw the glorious light, hearing this beautiful, heavenly sound. I was like surrounded by this golden light, but I could see I was looking at my inner vision George around me, and I could see I was looking into this like other dimensional space, just bathed in the blissful, ecstatic golden light, hearing this heavenly sound. And then all of a sudden, I could see there was something around me. I could I can see some faint forms of something around me, and my inner voice was kind of teaching me, like I don't know, maybe my spirit eyes or angels were teaching me how to see on the inner planes. I to adjust my vision, and as I did that, all of a sudden it came into focus. Into my astonishment, I was surrounded by a whole group of angels, the whole flock that was. They were playing harps and flutes and violins just like we see painted on the Sistine Chapel and the classical Renaissance art to cherubs, and there they were. I was surrounded by a whole group of them. And that's that was that kind of moment where my life changed. In that moment where I realized that the angels are real?
Speaker 2: Who taught you how to play the Hardpeter self taught?
Speaker 3: Well, they did, they did. They They appeared to me and as messengers. You know, I had several encounters with them, and I write about this in my book, hearing the angels saying in great detail. But after a short time they telepath I had a telepathic communication. I still do, and they told me that my life's mission that I was asking to be revealed to me was to play the harp, and that I was to channel this heavenly sound, and that if I chose to do it, that the angels would work with me. They would teach me how to play. We would work together as a team to bring a special music to Earth at this time of you know, the dawning of the Golden Age. So it's like Golden Age music. It's and I just so I couldn't believe what I was hearing, like it was so you know, out of the box. I didn't know if I was losing my mind, Georgia. It was really otherworldly. But they kept showing up, and eventually I realized that this was, indeed was really happening, and so I finally said yes, And as soon as I said. Yes. Within a week I met a woman here who had a small harp for sale, and I ended up buying it, and I took it in my van, I went out in the forest. It had a little caring case, and I would hike out into the forest and find a special place to sit out in like boint and canyon, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and how tall is a small harp, well.
Speaker 3: A lap harp, one that can sit on my lap. It was a small I could sling it over my shoulder and I'd hike out in the canon find a plus plus special place to sit. I'd take it out and just put my hands to and it just starts strumming the strings, you know, just easily. But how of a sudden this energy would come come over me and my hands would begin to move on the strings by themselves. And what I later learned that this one angel in particular was like kind of teaching me how to play. Like it would it would overshadow me as an occult term where it would just kind of float above me or behind me. And I was just so open that my nervousness and pick up the subtle impulses and my hands would begin to move and as I got more comfortable with it, George, this angel actually completely would come into my body to teach, to teach me how to play. It was very intense. It was kind of like in the I describe it like in the movie Ghost with Patrick Swayzey.
Speaker 2: They jumped in our body, right, Yeah, when.
Speaker 3: He came in the body like that. So that's kind of what it was like. That's how this one angel taught me and my nervous system just that's how it started. It was very intense. It what happened. My eyes with tear profusely and I would just be dripping sweat. My hands would be trembling sometimes. But it was a very high frequency energy. I had to do a lot of preparatory work on my nervous system to prepare it for this. But but that's how I learned. And within ten months of just having the angels teach me like I just described, without any formal lessons, I made my first recording, Guided by the Angels, which I recorded here in Sedona. It was my first album called Heart Magic and that little to set tape I made back in the early nineties. It ended up getting discovered by an international record label that I ended up signing a contract with to release my music worldwide. And this was everything the angel said was going to happen, and it just unfolded magically. So I still work with them today. They still channel through me, and I'm helping others. I have students, you know, that I'm teaching to play the harp. We helping to facilitate this type of experience for people. And I also use my harp a lot here on the land because I'm a tour guide. I have a tour company and I take people out into the canyons. I take people to where I'm at the angels, and I take them to these remote places and I take out my little harp. I still have one, and I take it out and I do the wind harp George, which one of these days I have to take you out there so you can experience. But I just hold the harp up into the wind and the wind plays. It is the most celestial tone you've ever heard. It sounds like fires of angels and great pipe organs and cathedrals. It's definitely a celestial like a sound you've never heard. It's very healing, it's very high frequency, and it opens portals people can really travel on this sound. So I love doing this work. It's just a big part of what I do here.
Speaker 2: Would you call it angelic music?
Speaker 3: Oh? Absolutely absolutely. I mean the harp, it's angelic harp music. That's That's how I describe it. But of course I have other I have other styles that I play. I love to. Some of my music is played on the you know, I'm played on serious satellite radio on the New Age and also one of my tracks is played on the Smooth Jazz station, so I kind of crossed over. So I love to play world music with few you know, world fusion with symphonic orchestral tones, New Age sounds with lush keyboard pads and layered vocals. I do a lot. It's got a lot of vocals on the new album. So yeah, I encompass a few styles, but it's always whenever, whatever genre creating, and there's always that angelic touch, that kind of fingerprint of the angels and everything I do. That's kind of the deal I got with them, Like, you know, so they're always there and die.
Speaker 2: What do you think the angels are for?
Speaker 3: What are they for? Well?
Speaker 2: Why do we have them?
Speaker 3: Why do we have them? I guess there's some sort of overseeing spirits that are they they oversee, they're administering spirits throughout the universe, you know, and they they work for God, you know. And of course, now the Cherubs, the ones that I connected with had the most direct experience in angelology. The Cherubs are you know, one of the highest orders of angels. They exist closest to the Throne of God, closest to the Flame of God, to the well spring. And indeed that's been my experience with them, and they have a brilliance to them. But they're they're like intermediaries, intermediarys, intermediaries for humanity and the higher uh spiritual counsels of the universe, you know. But it seems like my experience also is that, you know, we all have a guardian angel I believe who's with us from the time of birth. And and their main function, the way it's been shown to me, George, is that they're here to assist us to connect with the divinity within ourselves, with the with the God that lives within ourselves, to get help us to connect with our divine self. And and they're just masters of how they do it. You know, if you if if that's your endeavor and you want to uh connect with the higher power and and and fulfill your life's mission so to speak. The angels are here to assist. I think they're really here to to help to guide us on the right path. And I think at this time, you know, the world is so crazy, but I think to have your guardian angel, to have a good relationship with that, for that divine guidance is so important, so essential right now to have a higher power that we can connect with the help to guide us in our life. And that's certainly one of their functions for us personally.
Speaker 2: Here is it easy, Peter to connect with our angel?
Speaker 3: It was for me, you know, and I've helped a lot of people connect with their angels. You know. One of the one of the things when the angels gave me the music, George, you know, my music is like it's an angelic transport and it opens. It has within it what I call the heavenly harmonics. It has that feeling of that divine love is in it. And especially my real angelic stuff, like especially some of my earlier albums, like the Angels Gifts, that that has these these and transport people to a new level of awareness where they can connect with something greater and and there's been a lot of stories, a lot of testimonials. I have letters on my website of people just you know, being lifted out of depression and all sorts of life situations, healing diseases with it. It's it's a magical music and it can it can inspire people, and it can it often the music can remind people of home because it has that feeling of oneness in it. There's something that that feeling of divine oneness, that unified energy of oneness, and you can feel it in the music and that's very, very healing for people. If people can just open to receive that it can it can actually raise your vibration and move you into a new level of awareness and bring healing into your life.
Speaker 2: Now, not everybody Peter is a harpist, So how do we still handle this without that?
Speaker 3: Well, well, you listen to my music. That's what the angels gave it to me for. And more and more people are playing the harp, and hopefully there's going to be.
Speaker 2: Aroundom do they teach it in school.
Speaker 3: More and more? You know, there's some harp companies that are making small harps that are really on a mission to spread the harp love out into schools. So some of the schools have these special harpsicle harps, you know, and they come in all different rainbow colors. It's real fun for the kids. Kids love them, and I used to play in schools. They would go in and give a whole presentation about the magic harp.
Speaker 2: How much do one of those big harps cost?
Speaker 3: Well, the big harps, the classical harps that we see in the symphony orchestra, those can be you know, and twenty thousand and thirty thousand or more. So wow, oh yeah, they're incredible instruments, very heavy. I played one for a while. One was given to me by Lyon and Healy to use as a loaner for six months to record my second album. That was one of the magical stories. I mean, I was just starting out. All of a sudden I was contacted by the most famous heart maker in the United States for over one hundred years, and they're like, we've heard of your your music, this inspired new music, and we would like to give you one of our new electric classical pedal harps to play for free for six months. And so you can, you know, try it out. And this was just amazing how they sent that to me from Chicago and a huge crate.
Speaker 2: How many strings in one of the big ones.
Speaker 3: Well, those big ones have like forty five strings. I believe that most of the harps I play now have like thirty six strings, and.
Speaker 2: They're all different notes, all different notes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so my harp's are thirty six strings. I have five octaves, you know, seven notes seats. They're diatonic, so they're not chromatic really. Now, the big classical harps, those are chromatic harps, and they have pedals and you can shift and change musical scales as you're playing on the fly. But I play a lever harp, kind of a classical folk Celtic harp, and generally it's modal. I play in one key at a time for the most part.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more