Speaker 1: Oh with that before you leave, should you buy a home and renovate it or should you build from ground up?
Speaker 2: You're a shot panel right now.
Speaker 3: Well, we all got a similar experience because we all built the home.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I personally would say, if you want to make the maximum margin on the deal, build right. That's going to give you the maximum return. But you need to have the right team.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 4: That's strictly for live men, not for freshmen. If you've never done it before, stick to rehabs. It's quicker, it's easier, you can learn a lot. You can still make good money. But I don't think you can go wrong with either all. What's your thoughts on that, Troy shot.
Speaker 3: I think the most important thing you said was have the right team, because without them, it's going to be even more delayed.
Speaker 5: There's going to be cash grabs. It is cash intensive building.
Speaker 3: I think the other thing you need to do is study the municipality that you're building that house in to know obviously from a legal standpoint, but from a permit standpoint about how you get these permits and what can be allowed and what is permitted, what is zone That is important team permit and having cash man that's one thing that they won't tell you that. You need to know that this is a cash intensive and it can be stressful. But having a strong team and having multiple teams sometimes can help.
Speaker 2: Shout it with your thoughts. Don't do it, you know, image, you.
Speaker 1: Don't do it, Please don't do it. So ra shot you would buy something and renovated, giving your experience a beautiful staircase by the way, shout out.
Speaker 2: I have to text you like, oh, thank you.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that. The good thing I designed the house. I did design the house. You know, it's one of these things. The good thing about building a home is that you get to build it right, you get to design it. I'm meant to I'm into interior design, so you know, most men are not into interior design. I'm into interior design. So I enjoyed that part of the process. But the amount of money is unbelievable, and the stress and the delays and the hiccups and arguing with contractors and man, it's something that I think, and you know, I had a bad situation, so people obviously probably have better situations than me. But it's unbelievable. It's actually unbelievable. The amount of stress and the amount of money that I personally have spent over the last four years. So was it cool to design my house? Yes, because I always liked sims growing up. So it is cool to just say I I want this, I want that, I want this, I want that, I want that, go to China. That's all been cool. But if I had to do it over, I would most likely not do this. I would most likely not do this. Never again. Never again.
Speaker 2: I mean it's never again.
Speaker 3: That's why I said so, Like, even we've had these conversations just like personally, right, I'm like, the process is tedious and the glory is on the other side of it when yes, you have created something. My situation is obviously different, but I mean we're pretty much neighbors building that with somebody waking up in it and realizing, like, Yo, you really did this, Like this is something that you really did, you accomplished it. It's something that you can be proud of, It's something that your kids can be proud of, but it's also something that your community can be proud of. Right because we've kind of did this anywhere in the world, Like the fact that we did it, you know, in a place that is familiar to us and that people that are from our community can look at and say, Yo, these guys still in here giving back to the community, but actually in the community that are accessible to us. I think that part of it is like, all right, bro, I get it. It's terrible, right, And like I've had to watch him go through it. He's watched me go through it as well. But like that first night you sleep in there, it's like, Yo, damn, I did this.
Speaker 6: I'll say this too. Nobody talks about a lot of people don't make it past this. Like even area that we we live in, a lot of people built their homes. One guy got divorced because he got it because one lady. One bro couldn't finish the project. I actually developed sleep apnea, I mean insomnia sleep insomnia for two years. One guy developed a heart condition.
Speaker 5: That was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there is health stresses that pop up with these financial issues though.
Speaker 3: I'm not I'm not trying to be facetious yet. Yes, and I've watched it because the steep he's talking about, literally, I'm watching this happen to him, but I'm watching my wife go through it too. Like the stress levels insomny you can't sleep. I'm watching that and realizing that I can't develop those things because there's people that are gonna be relying on me, right Like, so I gotta have That's just my spirit.
Speaker 5: It's just like, I gotta be optimistic. Yo, when is this gonna end?
Speaker 3: It? Always it gets to that point, and Matt you can speak to it too. It's like, Yo, when are.
Speaker 5: We gonna stop spending at this level?
Speaker 2: Is right? Though? Troy?
Speaker 4: This ship is a pain in the ass, bro, This is I'm nothing that. This is one of the most stressful things that I've ever experienced in real estate. It just doesn't make no sense some days, and it's just like, y'all, I just feel like, y'all just I'm I'm some days I'm just like I feel like I just want to throw in the time with Like, but I'm like, I didn't come as far to get this far, So I gotta I gotta see this.
Speaker 2: To the end, you know.
Speaker 4: But I can't wait to have that experience, like you're saying, just to wake up and you're being your joint After all the blood, sweat and tears and all the hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars that you have spent, like you need to be able to enjoy it. So I know there's going to be a rainbow after the storm, but it's just like damn this need to hurry up.
Speaker 3: So that that's the thing, right, So like I've been able to do that and even now, like I'll wake up and just be like, yo, look at God, Like God is really the greatest, to a point where sometimes out like where am I and this is really like where I'm living, like this is crazy. But that just goes to like, yeah, I know, people say when you're in it, it fucking sucks. It does fucking suck, and.
Speaker 5: They're like, yo, don't worry.
Speaker 3: You won't think about as much as when you're living here and it's a part of your every day, you know, you can really be proud of it. And like, slowly I'm feeling that because I'm still like I'm still building, there's still pieces that I'm at and I'll text you, I'll call you after this so you can see what we just did.
Speaker 5: But it's slowly happening.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean I watch it, I'm watching him go through it. I'm like, yeah, been, I know exactly what he's feeling because it's like, damn, you know.
Speaker 2: One of them is about a year and a half, got car shot.
Speaker 1: Like you're you good? He like yeah, I'm like, I know you're not good. I know you're not sleeping. These are the other parts of the conversations that have to be had too. I keep telling you, after you get the money, they have a thousand ways to take it from.
Speaker 4: You, and they go fastil building a house, you'll see your money go fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And it's like I said, nothing like every day. It's every I've spent money every single day. But you know, I moved in. The house is not done yet, but you know, we're working around construction, but it's you know, it's it's it's coming together, like you know, you know all right, if you get married. They say this isn't something you should into unadvised something like that, Like that's they say you should seek counsel. This isn't something that you should into unadvised.
Speaker 2: M h.
Speaker 6: Building a home or even buying a home. Buying a home is not something you should enter unadvised. Great, Like that's a big, big, big deal. It's a commitment. And you know me, I never lived in a home. So even now it feels slightly weird, like waking up like by myself in a home. It's kind of it's kind of a big it's a big space. Feel slightly weird, honestly, like you know, to be completely honest about it.
Speaker 2: Put the family in there. We talked about Black.
Speaker 5: I'm eating lunch these guys in my front yard.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bro, I mean look, yeahs shoddy man, I have more kids or something.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, come on, man, I'm just saying you might have to like pop out two more or something.
Speaker 4: I don't know, like you got that big you know, like y'all got that big credit about like pause, but like that one is crazy.
Speaker 5: I'm just saying though, like respect for yourself.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying God is good, Bro, God is good. God is good. God is good. As the follow up is crazy. Respect all right, MG.
Speaker 6: Always always a pleasure, Bro.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you. I appreciate the love. That's always man. All right, what a little overtime.
Speaker 6: But that home conversation is we gotta talk about that on Black album, man, because that it's an emotional conversation, because it's ups and downs, it's it's good things, it's bad things. It's money spent, it's you know, it's triumphs, his failures. It's so many different things that that go into buying a home building a home. And like I said, most of the time when people build a home, they let's say a man, their wife is doing a lot of that, or they have an interior designer.