Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security. We love, We love, Yes, we are.
Speaker 3: What's going on?
Speaker 4: What up?
Speaker 3: Y'all?
Speaker 5: We go'st the team Man.
Speaker 3: Years not over yet, There's still work to be done.
Speaker 2: Still, recording is not in progress for those not in the know, what's going on too?
Speaker 5: What's up, earners, what's up? Let's gather around.
Speaker 3: Still a lot of work to be done.
Speaker 2: Let's have a sit down.
Speaker 3: What's going on, y'all.
Speaker 6: Hope everybody is doing well, getting ready to finish out the years strong and getting ready for Make It Strong twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: Very very important.
Speaker 6: I hope you got a chance to check out all the content that we've been putting out this week. We had NonStop content and we're finishing up tomorrow. Actually with our boy T, I shot the tip.
Speaker 3: He lugged me in the Wi Fi to the yeah.
Speaker 6: So but yeah, today is something that you know, if we definitely definitely extremely extremely excited about something.
Speaker 3: That said hi demand So you know, it's a it's one to be.
Speaker 6: It's gonna be one of those things that I'm sure a lot of people will enjoy a lot of information and a topic that is extremely relevant. So, yeah, we ain't even gonna play around with this. It's Lawrence, Lawrence here, Lawrence.
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 3: He's Lawrence? What's going on? Brother?
Speaker 7: Hey, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 2: How y'all doing my dog?
Speaker 4: Everything?
Speaker 3: Good? Man? Are you man?
Speaker 7: I'm good? What's going on YouTube? We're up what's going.
Speaker 4: On you yo?
Speaker 2: For those not in the know, we're talking to the young legend. The young legend you are, Lawrence Man. We got some breaking news tonight. We had an amazing call yesterday. We're gonna have an amazing night. I hope everybody got their drive race board. I hope you got your penny in your pad. If you had a chalk board, get your chalk ready. We're gonna get into some things today. This is for everybody. You know, we get to ask that question all the time. Yeah, we invest in long term stocks, but word option has been coming up at a feverish pace. Like everywhere we go, everybody wants to talk options, and a lot of people, you know, depending on where they started following our journey, they might have missed the beginning pieces of it. And so tonight we just wanted to dedicate a moment in time, a moment in history, to to touch everybody with the beginning learning stages of options and what they are, and debunk some myths and hopefully enlighten people with the information that they can actually use and execute going forward. So that's what we here tonight for.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for sure, So we're not even gonna waste too much time. We're gonna jump right into it. But as Troy said, what this is the last Wednesday of every month, we do what we call open Enrollment, which is an EYL University class, but it's done on YouTube, so everybody can and you know, enjoy and participate in it, and it's a way it's like a window into what we have gone for EYL University. So this this one, we did it a week earlier than we usually do it because obviously next week is the last week of the year, so we're going to take next week off. But this is something that you know, we have never really had, like, you know, a whole class or a whole topic on YouTube devoted to stock options. And as I posted on Instagram today, stock options is a record breaking year, up thirty five percent as far as trades from last year, but still a lot of people still.
Speaker 3: Are losing money.
Speaker 6: So everybody's handing about options, and not a lot of people are really fully educated on options. So what we're gonna do today is kind of walk you through from a basic level of like what a stock option is, and how to invest in stock options, how to trade stock options and then I guess it can go all the way up to advance because and we're gonna talk about we're going to answer questions as well live from Eyo University. So yes, we have our professor for Eyo University who has been gracious with his time and we thank him for that. Lawrence, if you tuned into the last one that he did on YouTube, which is on cryptocurrency of you, yeah that was crazy. That went crazy. So if you tuned in for that, you know you're in for a treat tonight. And so yeah, we're gonna jump right into it. But before we start, just wanting to just let everybody know once again, this is a part of eyl University and for part of Eyo University. You know, we have sixteen infinity groups. So we have a Crypto club, we have real estate Club, we have an investment club, we have you know, a military club. We have all kinds of different infinity groups that's led by the students. We actually have break bread sessions with MG the mortgage guy, which he talks about real estate twice a month. I do financial planning calls. We have a movie.
Speaker 3: Club and a book club led by Troy. We have a Facebook group.
Speaker 6: We have weekly classes and those classes are archives, so there's over two hundred past classes. It's like in encyclopedia. So the best way to really describe it is like earn you a lesion on steroids. And it's for people that really want like a hands on you know, experience and a hands on you know approach and be part of a community. And it's growing at a rapid page. Twelve thousand people in it right now. We got a lot of stuff playing for twenty twenty two. We'll talk about that later on breaking news. Yeah, physical events and and a lot a lot of stuff. So if you're interested, this is the last, like I said, class that will do for the years. So we're doing the end of the year sale sixty five percent off of the annual membership. It's gonna be for twenty four hours. So if you're interested, I'll put the link in the in the YouTube and then we'll also put it in a description.
Speaker 3: Like I said, we'll talk about that later on.
Speaker 6: But yeah, without further ado, I want to, you know, get this show on the road. So it's gonna be Troy and Lawrence both gonna be talking. I'm gonna be kind of just moderating the situation. But I know, you guys put together a presentation, so I'm not sure who wants to start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna kick it off.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: You know it's home turf, so I gotta kick it off. So yeah, man, we're gonna get it right to it. And I know people love love presentation, so we decided to put a presentation together to make it easy for everybody to see. I know people are writing notes. Don't worry. I'm gonna leave the slides up there so you can actually see it. Just put it yes in chat. Just put it yes in chat if y'all can see the screen, so we know what's going on, all right, perfect, perfect, perfect perfect. You see that shield. You know it's about to happen. You know, perfect, perfect perfect?
Speaker 4: You know that shill?
Speaker 2: All right, So let's get into it. Let's get into it, all right. So here's the question. I need everybody to honestly answer this question right now. So do you think Apple's price The stock price, which is currently trading at one hundred and seventy five thousand, eighty six cents, can trade at two hundred dollars by January nineteen twenty twenty four. Put your answers in chat, right.
Speaker 7: Now, got a lot of yeses.
Speaker 2: I'll see for sure. Hell yeah, right. So, based on what you know about Apple and based only know about the economy, you said yes, like most people have said yes, of course. Right, is this even a question?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: So basically, what you've done is you've predicted the potential price of a stock in the future.
Speaker 5: And that, in a simple sense, is what an option is.
Speaker 2: Right. You just did it for the growth, and we're going to talk about what it is when it grows and when it depreciates when it falls. It's two types. So everybody got the question, right, and so let's keep moving right. So, like I said, essentially the future price prediction of a given asset is what you just did, right. Here's the example. The asset was Apple. That was a stock you chose. I gave you the price what it is now as of today. It might have went down a few cents after hours. The future price prediction was two hundred dollars and that's the strike price. And we'll show you how we came up with that and the future date. Right. So January nineteen, twenty twenty, for a little over two years away. That's the expiration date. And so when I say expiration date is because you're giving yourself a specific time.
Speaker 5: To have this number be hit.
Speaker 2: Now granted it doesn't have to even hit two hundred, and we'll talk about why, because there's money that can be made either way if it makes it to it or if it doesn't. All right, So I need everybody just to understand that piece, all right, go ahead?
Speaker 7: Yeah, So what are option contracts? Option contracts offers the buyer the opportunity to buy or sell depending on the type of contract that they hold. So the chosen asset is at a price set out in the contract at expiration date. So this is key. Options differ from shares. So a lot of people a lot of times get confused and saying, you know, am I making a call or a put? Or am I buying or selling shares? So when you're holding options, every option that you hold is worth one hundred shares, So you can be a buyer of options, and you can also be a seller of options if you have more than one hundred shares. So for every buyer, there is a seller. So each contract is worth one hundred shares, which is why you always see contracts expressed. Sometimes you see twenty five dollars and twenty six cents. That's really two five hundred and twenty six dollars per that option contract. So always remember that option contracts are broken up and always worth. Every option contract is worth one hundred shares and you have the right to purchase those hundred shares at that expiration date as long as the contract is potentially fulfilled. And so in order for that contracy fufilled, the stock actually has to go above the strike price, which we'll talk about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I want people to be very clear about that, and I put it in bold letters for a reason. Their contracts are not shares. And so when people buy a share of a company, or we'd like to say when we're teaching kids a slice of a company, right, you're going to pay the equities price at that time. So today Apple was one seventy five, two days ago was one seventy one. If you wanted to share, that's how much you would pay. Options are completely different. They're not based on the share, although that does take into account how the bid and the asset is perceived, and we'll talk about how that works too.
Speaker 7: Yep, yep, so you have right here. A stock option contract is the option to buyer sell one hundred shares, So one contract equals one hundred shares, So you can buy multiple contracts. You could buy two contracts that would be two hundred shares, three contracts four hundred, and then you take a three contracts three hundred and four contracts four hundred. So this is imperative important for us to kind of understand a lot of times when people are taking a look at option contracts, a lot of times they get confused. They're saying, Okay, why am I purchasing this one contract? How is it worth one hundred shares? So on the sale side, how like where do option contracts actually come from? So option contracts actually come from sellers. So you have people who may own a thousand shares of Apple and they decide to actually sell you the actual options. Those options actually cost a what a premium, a select premium. So it's imperative to understand that that option contracts are always worth one hundred shares. And this is how they're actually created by a seller. A seller sells you that option, you pay a premium, so you pay a price. The seller collects that.
Speaker 5: Premium perfect, all right.
Speaker 2: So there's two types of options, and this is again this is the beginners. Obviously there's more advanced and we can talk about that maybe a little bit later, because I'm sure some people are involved in trading options. But it comes down to two for the beginning stage, and that's calls inputs. I'm gonna talk about calls really quickly, right, So calls that pretty much is that if you think the stock price move up, you're going to make a call. So a call options are speculating on the price increase of an asset. They are the financial contracts that give you, the buyer, the right but not the obligation, so you don't have to but you can buy an asset at a specific price within a specific time, which would be that expiration date. So a call buyer profits when the underlying asset increases in price.
Speaker 5: So Apple, this is our example. We're gonna use Apple.
Speaker 2: Because it's the greatest company in the world, right Apple, if it currently is at one hundred and seventy five dollars per share today, if I'm looking at the future price of it, and I believe that it's going to go up, in majority of you said that Yeah, by January twenty twenty four, it can make it to two hundred dollars. Then I'm making a call on that because I'm saying that the price of Apple will appreciate in that given time now as it appreciates from one seventy five. If I bought that call today, I'm going to make money all the way up until it hits two hundred. I'll make even more money if it passes two hundred, and so this is key to know the difference between the two. Right. So if I'm saying that the price are going to go up and I believe in that, and again we're investing in solid companies right that have appreciation and have growth and strong fundamentals, then I would make a call. Now, we got to say this investing has considerable risk, and we always stress to people, Please, if you don't know how to trade stocks, you probably shouldn't start with options, right. You should probably have a portfolio that has some stocks in it that some long term companies that you can believe in. Obviously Microsoft and Apple we talk about a lot in video AMD. All these companies that are strong, you should have stock in them. And then if you want to invest in options. I think it's a great idea as well. So those are calls. If you think the price is going to go up, you're going to make a call on that option. Yep.
Speaker 7: So then we have on the opposite side, we have on the opposite side put so put options. So put options actually allow you to make money off of assets price going down. So put options can be very lucrative. A lot of people always ask what can you use put options for? So there's been a myth that's been going around for years. On top of years where we have I haven't been in this space where we've been tricked out of when we think, hey, that the stock market you can only make money off the stock market going up, but you can actually make money off of Apple stock price coming down, the video Tesla, whatever, stock Intel here, you can make money off that stock price actually declining the increase. So what happens is you pay a specific premium and if the stock price goes and falls, for example, Intel here, Intel's at fifty points sixty two dollars. If Intel then falls five dollars, you can profit off of that. So instead of you just holding shares, and when you're holding shares, you may lose value of your shares when it declines, you can actually profit and make money. So I tell people that this is a great strategy to use, especially on red days in times of market turmoil. So for example, when the coronavirus first hit, people actually profited off that market downfall. When we saw the market's decline thirty six percent. People just did it in their positions and hold shares and just see their value their shares decrease. They also use put options to actually hedge against their portfolio. So the reason why I really like put options is honestly because you can actually make money to the downside with a stock going down, and then you can go ahead and purchase. So one of the things that I really like to say about put options is I utilize put options on Square most recently. We've all seen that Square is what came down from two forty and two point fifty and now it's sitting at about one sixty seven at today's close. So using put options, I was able to profit of trading this stock to the downside. But yes, I like Square long term, So guess what, Now I've profited it off of making money off that stock going down, and now I had the ability to be able to buy shares at a lower price, but then I also profited from that. So now I actually have money and equity to be able to pour in on quality companies that I'm now being able to buy cheaper. So put options lose value when the stock goes up, So that's key. So unlike call options that when the stock goes up, you're making money, put options when the stock goes When the stock goes up, you're actually losing money on put options.
Speaker 2: All right, So I want to real quick because I want people to really catch this right, And so I want you to notice something here. When I made my call option, Look how far out I went right twenty twenty four, which is two years away when I did a put option. Right, if you look here in the example, we only went to March twenty twenty two, Lauren, tell them why the difference in time span when we do puts and calls.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So, like a lot of times, if we're taking a look at you know, how far the market has dropped and went down. We've seen a couple pullbacks here. We've seen pullbacks back here in twenty twenty where we saw a thirty six percent decline. We saw a bear market that came in twenty eighteen. We saw a short mini fall in twenty thirteen and twenty fifteen, We saw the financial crisis in two thousand and eight. We also saw a downturn in the dot com bubble. So these downturns have actually been very small. So the timing when we take a look at the market of over this one hundred year existence of the stock market, ninety four years out of the one hundred the stock market has actually been going up. So when we take a look, the stock market is going up more than it's going down. So you don't want to be caught and puts on certain companies for long periods of time because you can lose a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Perfect, perfect, all right, So expiration dates right, and so again when we gave the example, we said January nineteen, twenty twenty four. For the Intel example, we said March eighteen, twenty twenty two. And I gave those dates because those are significant dates. They're called quadruple witching. And we said that happens every quarter. So the third month of every quarter, the third Friday, quadruple witching will happen, which means that we said this on market mondays plenties and times that contracts will expire, and so when we talk about those dates, those are expiration dates for contracts in March and obviously in December. So expiration date is the final date on which a contract is valid. So after that time the contract has aspired. Option owners can choose a couple of things. You can exercise a contract, which means that you were going to buy one hundred shares, right, So let's say you have five contracts. You have the right, not the obligation, to buy five hundred shares, and or you can sell the option contract if you haven't made any if you've made profit, you can take profit there, or you can choose to buy more. So you have three things you can do at the expiration date. Here's what we tell people. You don't want to wait to the expiration date, right, You're not waiting till that date to actually make a move because again, when the expiration dates come, a lot of people are selling off and taking profits. You want to make sure that you can make the most as possible, So just keep that in mind. Now, expiration dates can range in length of time from days to weeks to months to years, and so we showed you the example and shot myself. We talk about this all the time. We like to go out and leaps, right, So we like to have as much time as possible for our positions to have the volatile to have their ups and their downs for news cycles. And obviously right now we're seeing with imicron right now there's pullbacks, right, but we're in positions that are for two or three years out. It gives us time for correct and also appreciate over time. So the longer this is important, the longer the expiration is also useful to obso retains time value even if the stock trades below the stock price, So it's fine if you don't get to your strike price. As long as it's trending towards your stock price, you'll be fine. So these are just two examples of expiration dates. Like next week, December thirty of twenty twenty one could be a weekly, right, So if somebody got into an options position today, that might be an expiration date that they're choosing if they're doing a weekly. Obviously, January nineteen, twenty twenty four is years away, so we're talking about a little over two years away from now again, giving yourself the optimum time, and we're going to talk about delta and all that, why that's valuable and data.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and I just wanted to add one thing here. Got especially especially when you're just getting into options, guys, I always tell people to buy time. If you're someone new getting into options first. I always tell people, guys, stocks first, investing in ETFs, investing first is key. I did not trade options until two years after me learning about the stop market and studying. So I really want to dry this point home because it's important to understand. I find it that a lot of people are hopping into trading on their second day in the markets, second week in the markets. So I wanted to really tell people and stress to people that it's important to take your time, take your time to learn the information, take your time. It's not a rush. Like I said, I started when I was seventeen. I didn't start trading until I was nineteen, So I really want to stress that point home. And also the short term options for someone that does not know technical analysis that is brand new is like going to the Russian roulette table in Vegas. And I'm going to say that one more time someone trading short term options without knowing technicals is like going to the Russian roulette table in Vegas, and I'll leave that one there.
Speaker 2: Don't do it strictly for liibment, not for freshmen. That's not for freshmen. All right, let's keep rolling. Strike price. So again, strike price is the number, right, is the price at which the asset can be bought or sold. It is the price that the given asset will appreciate call. Like say, if' buying a call or depreciate, that's a put. And so here's our example, right Apple right now, again, it's at one hundred and seventy five cents. If I'm going to say I want to see it appreciate, I come up with a price or a target number that i'm saying it's going to reach. And so two hundred dollars would be my strike. If I believe that Apple will pull back. I'm listening to all the reports, I'm following all my technicals and the fundamentals, and I'm saying, all right, well, I feel like there's gonna be a pullback in Apple, then I'm going to make a put. And so one hundred and fifty dollars will be my put. And so let's figure this out. This is pretty cool here, right, So where we're gonna get our strike price from now? Past performance does not always predict future success. But if we're looking at Apple over the past twenty years, right, I know, like we always talk about, let's look at it, it's an exception. But let's look at Apple since its past twenty years to your right. If you look at the performance and you look at that column that's in parentheses, right, that is not a mistake. Apple has increased by fifty three thousand percent since two thousand and one, right, And so if we're basing our if we're going to make a call or that's pretty far out, let's not use twenty years. Let's maybe use two years. Right, So past since two years is going up one hundred and fifty percent. This year, it's up thirty two percent year to date. And so even a conservative number, because I know when y'all calls me, he's gonna want a conservative number, could we say that Apple could appreciate ten percent by twenty twenty four each year? Right, So that just means that Apple would which is one seventy five now if it grows by ten percent it's at one ninety two by next December. If it grows by ten percent in twenty twenty three, it's at two hundred and eleven dollars, right, So that means that it grew at ten percent each year, right, And that seems like that's something that's very viable to happen. Right. So remember our call was at two hundred and so if we just said Apple two hundred call for twenty twenty four, based on its past performance and a very conservative number of ten percent, the likelihood of it hitting two hundred is pretty high, right. So that's kind of one of those things when you look at strong companies and their past performance. Now you see why you come up with these strikes. Yep, yep.
Speaker 7: So when taking a look, when you're taking a look at options, you know, purchasing contracts, not shares, it's important to understand the difference between the bid and the ask. So this is going to be a pivotal part of what we talk about here tonight.
Speaker 2: This is the part.
Speaker 7: Yeah, So because this is what gets a lot of I already saw in the chat here that someone said Robin Hood order fills suck. So we're gonna talk about the difference between the bid and the ass. So a lot of people when they hop into options trading, they're immediately as soon as they go ahead and enter a trade, they're gonna give money to the market. And why is that because a lot of people are purchasing options at the ass price. So the ass price represents the minimum price that the seller is willing to take for that same security. The bid price represents the maximum price that the buyer is willing to pay for a share of the stock or another security. You never want to pay at the ask. And Troy's gonna show you we have an example on the next slides where we're gonna actually you're gonna actually get a chance to see. So a lot of times you'll see like the bid will say seven hundred and the ass will say like nine to twenty. So that's called the spread. So when you hear when someone asks you, hey, what is spread on that call that you're looking at or that put you're looking at, the spread is the difference between the bid and the ask. So if the bid is seven hundred and then the ask is nine to twenty, that's a two hundred and twenty dollars difference in spread. So guess what's gonna happen to someone that goes ahead and uses what is called a market order instead of a limit order. So when it comes to options, you want to use limit orders? Why do you want to use limit orders? Because you're able to go ahead and specify the price that you actually want to get into that security hold on.
Speaker 2: You got to tell them that again. You gotta tell them that again. The difference between market and limit.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so market is just going to put you in at any price. So what's gonna happen If you use a market order and there's a two hundred and twenty dollars spread, You're going to more than likely be down one hundred dollars instantaneously, instantaneously. So who wants to be down one hundred dollars instantaneously? I know, I don't, I know all you guys don't want to. So make sure that you're using a limit order. So what is the best way to get filled with options is to use a limit order? Especially what happens is when you're actually buying out those further out options. The strategies that Troy and Rashad talk about when you're talking about twenty twenty three and twenty twenty four, the bid and an ass is going to be spread wide because there's not a lot of volume and open interest on the contract, which you will talk about later.
Speaker 2: We're getting there, so yeah, yeah, yeah, And I tell people as simple as this, Man, if you've ever bought a car and you've walked into the dealership and somebody tells you a price, most none times out of ten, you're going to say, all right, well, I'm not paying that price. This is what I'm paying, right, And so it's the same thing when you think about these contracts. The as price is the premium. The bid price is what you're going to pay. You're willing to pay that, right, And if you put it at a limit order, you're saying, I'm not going above that. Now, sometimes that limit will get filled and sometimes it doesn't. But this is when we talk about patients. Right, if it's not filled, that's fine. You can leave it out for a day. If it doesn't get filled, do it again. Right, You're gonna stick to your script. That's your limit, You're not going above that. It'd be the same thing like if you're going to buy a car, this is how much I can afford this is what I'm paying for it.
Speaker 5: I'm not paying anything over it. The problem is that.
Speaker 2: A lot of people who are new to options come in and they click market and sometimes it feels at the highest price as possible.
Speaker 5: In fact, it could say nine to twenty.
Speaker 2: By the time you buy it, somebody's already purchas sitting now it's going up to nine forty, and so you've actually paid more than you thought. And so that's why it's very, very important. This is like one of those keys that people will lose money right away and they look at their accountant like, like, how come every time I buy my option contract, I'm in the negative. This is probably one of the main reasons why that is happening. So treat it like the dealership. Look at the bid, maybe go ten to fifteen cent or above the bid and say that is where I'm staying. I'm not going above it. If it feels it feels. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Let's get into some things.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so now you have here. This is td ameritrade. For those that are new and may have not looked at td ameritrade. Td Ameritrade Think or swim is one of the most reputable platforms out there for people to trade. TD Ameritrade, Think or Swim is set up like this. This is actually showing you how to actually go ahead and actually execute and buy an actual options contract. So here we have up here. Option strategy will start in the top left corner single order. The underlying symbol obviously is Apple. Also what you want to know is when you're actually buying options. This is key action that action button right there. Whenever you're purchasing options, calls or puts, it always needs to be on buy to open. That's whether you're on Charles Schwab, Fidelity, e Trade, whatever platform that you're on, it needs to be on buy to open when you're purchasing options. Now, when you are saying when you are ready to close your position, it needs to be on sale to So you need to make sure that you have it on buy to open and sell to close. If you end up having it in something else, you're gonna mess yourself up. So it needs to be buy to open when you're purchasing your options, and then it needs to be sell to close when you're selling your options. Then you have next door what you're going ahead and typing in how many contracts. You're purchasing either one, two, et cetera. Then you have select your expiration. You have an expiration, so you can select the date, and we have the dates pulled up over here and we'll get to those in a second. Your striking your is it a call or a put? And we'll get to that. Then. Also, you see limit order, so already, yeah, limit order. You don't need you need a limit order. And then guess what price you see. What happens is when you have a market order, that price box right here won't pull up because now all you do when you hit market is you just hit review order, limit order. Then you put in price. Also, time enforce day, so you want to keep it on day. If you keep it on day, it'll make sure that it enforces during the day. Now, if that price is at a limit order and it does not enforce at the end of the business day at four pm Eastern Standard time, that order will cancel.
Speaker 5: And that's not a bad thing, y'all. That's not a bad thing.
Speaker 7: Yep, that's not a bad thing. I'm just letting you guys know that if you have an order that's pending and it's in time enforced day, and it doesn't execute during market hours. Options are only able to be purchased because I know we got a lot of new people on here and they're probably going to ask the question. Options can only be purchased in between nine to thirty Eastern Standard to four pm Eastern Standard time. The only options that can be traded outside of that time is the spy in a QQQ, which can be traded until four point fifteen pm Eastern Standard time. So options can only be executed from nine to thirty all the way to four pm Eastern Standard time. Now, will we take a look at the strike panel over here? Turn your direction. You see we're on Apple January twenty eight, twenty twenty two, which is next month's the last week of next month's expiring contracts. We see that at the time when the screenshot was taken, Apple was at one seventy one point eighty nine. I believe Apple closed at one seventy five point seventy six today. So taking a look here, you have the strike price. Here in the middle you see calls puts, and then you also see bid and ask, so on the call side and on the put side, and then the strike that's the strike price in the middle. Now you see a highlighted blue on the left side to the top left, and you see a highlighted blue to the bottom right. So I want to talk about something shot he said earlier today. If you guys watched his real he says something that was really keen, and I wanted to make sure that this was something that I touched on here tonight. Shot he said in his really said, a lot of people who are purchasing out the money options are losing money. So I'm going to put an end to this tonight. Why do I say this, Because what's happening is is that a lot of people are purchasing out the money options, and out the money options are very, very, very risky, especially in the short term. With leap options options that have a lot of time like January twenty twenty four, two hundred, you get a little leeway. But with the trading aspect, when you're buying out the money options, you're actually setting yourself up for failure. So why am I saying this? So out the money options typically for new options traders is like just beauty. It's like heaven. People are like, oh my gosh, it's so cheap. You mean I could buy this option for you know, four hundred dollars, five hundred dollars, and I could profit from it. And what happens is is that there's also a factor in average true range, So how much does the stock move on a day to day basis? So my point here tonight is to really make sure that people understand that you want to focus on buying in the money versus out the money contracts. So these contracts highlighted.
Speaker 5: Up my full, my fault, my fault, yeah, got yep.
Speaker 7: So these contracts highlighted in the blue here on the top left here and calls that one seventy strike one sixty seven point five, one sixty five, one sixty two point five, one sixty What makes them in the money? Calls? What like? What makes them in the money? Causes what someone's gonna ask, Well, the current stock price at this time was one seventy one point eighty nine, So what are you actually doing when you actually buy a one seventy strike? So when you buy a one seventy strike, you're essentially saying, hey, by January twenty eight, twenty twenty two, Apple is going to be above one seventy. Well, Apple already is so Apple is considered a in this contract right here is considered in the money. The one to seventy strike is considered in the money, so it has what's called intrinsic value. Intrinsic value. Now the one seventy two, one seventy five, one seventy seven are considered out the money. Apple's not hired than one seventy two point five. No, it's higher than one seventy five, and it's not higher than one seventy seven point five. So what happens is is that people who are buying in the money options, you set yourself up better. Why because you're putting some people may say, well, I'm paying more. Yes, it's better to pay more for in the money option a lot of times than buying out the money options. Why because on January twenty eight, twenty twenty two, a lot of those out the money options will be expiring worthless. And so most options expire worthflex, especially out the money options. And so it's imperative that we understand that it is okay to spend more on buying in the money option contracts because it's going to give you a higher probability of actually profiting. And also guys, the first thing that we want to think about when we're focused on trading options is actually not making money. How do we protect ourselves on the downside. What happens is that if someone was to buy that one eighty strike right here and Apple, and it costs about four hundred and twenty five dollars, and Apple was to decline five dollars, that option contract would actually lose a lot more value than someone who has that one sixty five striker, that one sixty two point five strike. So why am I saying this? Because when you're having your options in the money, you have what's called intrinsic value. Options that have intrinsic value. What they actually have higher deltas. So delta is the amount per dollar that you make as the stock price increases, and out the money options have higher data. So what is data? Theta is the time decay, So out the money options have a higher time decay. So for anyone that's been trading options before, and it's like, Okay, I went and got a one eighty strike on Apple and Apple went up to one seventy two, but I didn't make any money, why is that happening? Because what's happening is is that the delta is out to see me. The data is outweighing the delta, so you're not making as much money when you have those out the money options. The only way for you to make a lot of money without the money options is when the stock has a drastic move upward. For example today with Tesla, Tesla went up seventy points today. So the people who had one thousand dollars calls for Tesla yesterday when Tesla was at nine point thirty, they were extremely risky with that. But because Tesla actually went up and increased that much, people actually made a lot of money off of that. So what happens people are ready to go ahead and grab these out the money options because they're cheaper. What happens with a stock like Apple, which doesn't really move very fast, but it is a consistent stock. As we pulled up on the sheet, Apple is a consistent stock. So what happens is that when these stocks don't move as fast, a lot of people get hurt because they're in out the money options and the time decay is way too much.
Speaker 2: We call that losing your shirt. Yeah, don't lose your shirt yep.
Speaker 7: So you want to focus on really buying those in the money options, especially if you're doing any short term trading. If you're doing a more of a leap strategy, you still want to stick to buying in the money options, but you can actually go a little bit farther out. It is okay, but you do want to be protecting yourself because a lot of times the out the money strategy it's one of those sexy things that a lot of people want to push on people. But we don't want to do that here. We're not pushing sexiness out here. We're pushing consistency. So it's important to be consistent versus trying to be sexy and be cheap. Because the first thing that we had a mindset of coming in is how can I get the pretty much take the smallest investment and turn it into a million dollars overnight. And so out the money land is where most people go. And then out the money land ends up you end up losing all your money. And this is just the reality.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So there's a couple of things I want you to see here.
Speaker 2: Right, somebody's gonna be looking at this and they're like, yo, Troy Lawrence, Well, y'all bugging man. It says it's seven dollars, right, But we told you and we're going to reiterated again, right, each contract is worth one hundred years, and so our eyes are training and the lawrence we have the same thing. Once we see that number, we're moving to decimal twice. And so that's not really seven dollars, that's really seven hundred dollars.
Speaker 5: That's the bid. It's seven hundred dollars. I'm gonna show you why.
Speaker 2: And I think this is dope because I took this picture. I think Friday I took this picture. But if we go on to TD Maria Trade now, and I'm sure somebody will do this after they watched this whole class, that one seventy two strike and that one seventy five strike are now in the money, and so they're gonna be blue when you look at it. And so that's pretty interesting. Another thing is I want you to notice the prices. Right, If we look at the price, like that's seven hundred dollars bid, because it's so close, it's a lot cheaper.
Speaker 5: When we go out further.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna show your example when we go out further right to like twenty twenty four, it's gonna be a lot pricier. And the reason being is that the likelihood of the stock of the asset, for this example, Apple, actually being one seventy five or one seventy when it's already at one seventy five now it's highly likely.
Speaker 5: So it's a premium on that.
Speaker 2: So like, this expiration date is for next month, but we're going to show you an example of what it looks like in a few years, and you're going to notice the price difference. But I wanted you to just key in on that, right, Like, this is not seven dollars, this is seven hundred. This is not nine dollars and twenty cents. This is nine hundred and twenty dollars. So that's the ass And this is a problem too. Like I get upset, Lawrence, you probably do too, right, Like I'll put a limit order in and then I'll look at last and we'll show people what last is, and I'll see somebody feels at nine to twenty and I have my limit at seven point thirty. What that does is it messes up the chain for the next person try to buy a contract. Now I have to raise my limit up because somebody who was inexperience came and said, all right, well I'll pay the premium, and so it kind of messes up the game a little bit. But we give you all the game right now so that that doesn't happen. So when we see that, and.
Speaker 7: Then one thing, Now, one thing I want to say is like when the option order doesn't execute. I know this happens to a lot of people, especially people that are not savvy with their platform, and that's something I really want to say, is like, really learn your platform too, the execution of your platform. It is okay to pay per trade on TDIR, Marrior Trade, Think or swim, take some practice trades and get used to like the execution part. Because actually buying options, like for the first time, I can even I can admit myself, my first time buying options, I had anxiety, like was I doing it right? Did the order feel properly? You know, these are kind of some of the questions that we kind of have from a psychological standpoint, to be honest, and so I want to make sure that, you know, people take time to understand their platforms, and if the order does not fail the first time, it is okay. To go ahead and refresh that order and re input that order. So yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And so it stills.
Speaker 5: Somebody's like, how did he get seven hundred from seven dollars?
Speaker 2: Well, here's why. Again, each option contract is worth one hundred shares, right, so if one share right is one. If one share is seven dollars and you're buying one hundred of them, then that's but we got seven hundred. The easiest thing to do is when you see the bid or the ask, just move the depth moll twice right, and so that one contract is worth cent seven hundred dollars because each share is seven and you're buying a hundred of them, that's how you get seven hundred. Same thing if I bought five contracts, now I'm having five hundred shares at seven dollars, which would bring me to a total of thirty five.
Speaker 5: Yes, and chat if we get on that.
Speaker 2: Perfect perfect This is like when mister Millings is like, I got that, raise your hand and.
Speaker 6: You know it's something that like, if you've been doing options, it's.
Speaker 3: Not as hard as it may seem.
Speaker 6: If you just if this is your first time hearing about options, you may not beginning everything but that's why everything is all you know, education, and it's an ongoing process. So it's something that you know. It's not like you're gonna become an expert in an hour. But the more you do it, the more repetition you have, the more information you receive. Then you understand that it's really not that complicated, and you start to understand it's like speaking a foreign language, Like you can't learn a foreign language in one day, but you can't get the beginning fundamentals of learning that language. And then the more you're around people, the more you study it, now it actually starts to make sense to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's repetition, like every time you come over, you know that this is what I'm doing. And so like again, you just get yourself familiar with it. Will you make mistakes? Yeah, we've had trades where we've lost and we've made some mistakes, and I make it very very clear and very transparent, like I talk about those mistakes on Market Mondays because I live by that JY line, right, Like I went through that, so hopefully you don't have to. But let's keep rolling. Let's keep rolling, all right, So this is what it will look like right when you put that order in, you put that limit of seven dollars.
Speaker 5: This is exactly what's going to look like.
Speaker 2: So I'm taking one contract at the one seventy two fifty call. It's a weekly, right, because they're looking at it like that's a few weeks away. Again, I'm doing it for my day, and this is what it equals, right, This is what it will cost me, seven hundred dollars and then obviously the brokerage is going to take their commission fee, and so it cost me seven hundred and sixty seven hundred dollars sixty five cents. That's if I was filled at that bid price. A lot of times you won't get filled at the bid price. But again, be patient. Sometimes you do, right, you might put this limit, the asset might drop in price and you're filled, and it might go below your limit price. And so that's key to know too, right, So stick to your script, know what your limit is, and do not budge on that limit.
Speaker 5: Yep, all right, So friends lawns, you want to go here?
Speaker 7: Yea.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm just gonna say this real quickly. So now I've extended, so it's the same page. It's still td A meerrior trade. But now I've changed the expiration date, and so now it's not a month away, it's two years away. And so now look at the prices for these the option calls, right, like, look at the cold prices here. This is not twenty nine dollars and fifty cents. This is twenty nine hundred and fifty dollars. That's the bid, right, because the likelihood of Apple hitting the strike, which it already did today is very likely. The likelihood of it hitting these numbers are very likely. So when people go out further yeah, it's gonna cost you on because the chances of it happening, plus the time that it has to do it are highly likely. And it doesn't work in the brokeridges favorites, so they're going to charge your premium for it.
Speaker 7: But you got yeah, so yeah, it's going to be more expensive when you actually buy further out options like this for twenty twenty four. It's imperative as well that you notice as well that the bid and ask difference is a little bit wider than what you may have saw with the previous slide. A lot of times there's always not really as much demand when it comes to these type of options. We're going to cover that with open interest and imply volatility and volume. That's important to understand that what Troy just said, there's a reason why these are more expensive than previously. These are more expensive why because it's more likely that Apple actually hits these numbers. Now, if someone is a longer term investor, this may be a better option for you if you're not someone that is going to do the shorter term trading. If you're someone that's gonna do a lot of the longer term trading, this can really be great for you to be able to look at positions like this on companies like this because this can set you up better and you're not looking at it every single day. And also, the short term volatility in the markets doesn't really affect options like this that's dated out till twenty twenty four, and that's important to understand those January twenty eight, twenty twenty two, if Apple has, you know, a bad day, you're gonna significantly see that hurt on your cause. But in January nineteen, twenty twenty four, Apple has a bad day, it's not going to really affect these premiums. So it's kind of important to understand that you're playing a long term game and these costs more money.
Speaker 2: And so yeah, yeah, And I know people hear the word long term and they think options, and I'm like, well, in the options trading long term would be two and a half to three years. And then we'll talk about maybe I should give away that game today, right, how to turn into a long term investment. Yeah, yeah, let's do it. Let's do it. Let let's keep rolling though. All right, So this is an actual option chain, and Lawrence, I'm gonna let you go crazy here because yesterday you went crazy with this, so I'm gonna let you go crazy.
Speaker 5: So explain to them exactly what they're seeing here.
Speaker 7: For sure, non perfect. So we've pulled up now Apple January nineteenth, twenty twenty four, so it's seven hundred and sixty one days to expiration. So we have the expiration date, we have the calls, we have the bidden ass spread. So let's take a look. So if you look on the call side here, you have a calls listed all the way from the fifty call. So that's a deep in the money call. So imagine people who have been holding these one hundred dollars calls, fifty dollars, calls one hundred and fifteen, one hundred and twenty five. All of these people are now in the money and they have all the way until twenty twenty four. So what does that mean? That means what they have intrinsic value. So it's important and it's important to really understand and pay attention to two things, volume and open interest. A lot of times people say like, how do I get my strike? Where should I be looking for my strike? Volume? You want to pay attention to the volume. So just because the option is in the money doesn't necessarily mean that that's an option that you want to purchase. You try to look for the options that have the highest volume and highest open interest. Why is that key Because options increase not just because the stock price increased, but they increase because of something called VEGA, which is implied volatility IV. So the increase in demand for your option can actually cause that options price to actually increase. So, for example, in the end the money, if you look at the one fifty call, it has a volume. So what is volume? Let's talk about volume the total amount of contracts traded at that given day. Open interest the total amount of contracts open at that given strike, So you have eleven thousand open interests, so the amount of contracts that are actually open. So a lot of times, and I see a question that just came in. What is considered high volume A lot of times anything pretty much over five hundred. A lot of times consider a little bit higher on the volume. It also depends on what particular options chain that you're looking at. The S and P five hundred is the most liquid options chain out there. A lot of times, how we're looking here, we're seeing like seventy two twenty fifty eight. You won't see that on the S and P five hundred. You'll see volume of five thousand, ten thousand open interests of twenty thousand and thirty thousand. S and P five hundred is actively traded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I just want to note too, Right, since we're so far out, you're not going to.
Speaker 5: See those type of numbers.
Speaker 2: But if we had opened that Apple January twenty eighth goal, you would see those type of numbers, right, So you'll see the twenty thousands because it's so that's very in the near future, right, this is so far out that most people aren't looking at these, but I will say, if you look at that two hundred, right, you see that volume over over five hundred right now and a lot of open interest. So somebody was thinking on the same wavelength that we were when we said, all right, well, this is how we got our strike here, because if it just does ten percent over the next two years, each year, it's to eleven to be a number, and we went below it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Now that's key because you want to pay attention to the options that have you know, a high volume, a high open interest, particularly like Troy just said that two hundred. So like one thing that I will say is is that institutions try to hide a lot of information. One thing that you can't hide is you can't hide money flow. You can't hide where money is flowing into. And that's what you can see from volume open interest is where is money flowing into? The key to really a lot of times understanding you know where a stock is heading to. It's seeing, hey, where are the bets being placed. Obviously we're seeing a lot of bit to be in place that they're two hundred called for Apple, And so the open interest in a volume a lot of times can express and show you that you're also seeing here similar, you're seeing the bid ass spread, so you're seeing that different. So the bid obviously the price that you're bidding at the ass. You don't want to use that price. If you get filed at the ass you're more than likely going to be down instantaneously. So the volume is the total amount of contracts being traded at that given time. Then the open interest is the total amount of contracts actually opened at that time.
Speaker 2: So yeah, all right, So why are people trading options? This is very important? This is very important, right, And so a lot of people have heard the numbers, they seen some of the percentages, they see people putting up their numbers on Instagram and social media. Right, it's because the growth of the option contract is different from the growth of the asset, right, And so this is key. And you have to remember this trend is your friend, right, and so the asset just needs to trend towards your call or your puts stripe price. And so I'm gonna give you example here, right, So if apple stock was traded right now one hundred and seventy files eighty seven cents, if it grows to one hundred and ninety two dollars, that's a ten percent increase on your investment. So if you bought the shares or you bought the stock at that number and a brutal one hundred ninety two dollars, it's a ten percent increase. If you bought a bid at seven dollars, like we just showed you earlier, and it was filled at seven dollars or seven hundred dollars, that price earners what's up. You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like, the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take pain, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot Com backslash go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure, they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank night seeing boring the safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank. But keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you were here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security grows as the asset grows. So if the big grows to ten fifty cents or one thousand dollars one thousand and fifty dollars, you've made fifty percent on your investment. And so obviously that's a forty percent difference, and so people find it way more attractive to being options because the growth potential is just a little bit more a lot more than you could if you just invest it in the asset itself.
Speaker 5: What's best? Why not do both?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Why not buy the stock and also have a call or a put to protect yourself and head yourself against any pullback on the asset itself. And so this is very key, right, That's a huge difference. And this is when it gets people's eyes open. They're like, how do you do ten percent? How do you do one hundred? How do you do one thousand percent? This is why because we get bids and we keep them at our limits, and we keep them long term, and we are patient with them. We'll let them grow. And we also this is key and I want everybody to remember this right, And this I'm Gonnake Sholey's analogy. When you go to the movie theater, before the movie starts, the first thing they do is tell you where the exits are. And so I want you to treat your portfolio the same way. Don't get into a position before you know where you're going to exit, whether it's a percentage or whether it's a dollar amount. And so when people ask well when should I sell? When should I sell? You can sell whenever you want right whenever your exit strategy was, that's what you should stick to. And so if you made twenty percent and twenty percent was your exit, leave at twenty right now the pain will herd when you see it go to one hundred. But you got to be comfortable with no one like that was my plan. I'm sticking to it, And so people just have to remember that because you do that consistently, Like, we shouldn't slouch at twenty percent. It's a great return, right, It's just that people get entice when they see that, Oh wait, there's so much more potential. But as you get more experienced and more seasoned trading, you'll see that. All right, well that was my exit this time. What will I do next time? What's going to be my alternative? What have I learned from that investment going forward?
Speaker 7: Yeah, And I even wanted to touch on this because I think this is I think this is important because it's good to have a daily goal, especially if you're someone who's doing a shorter term options trading. I know a lot of people are a lot of times your daily goal can keep you out of trouble. And take this from someone that you know has lost money trading options in a short term basis before sticking to a daily goal, and then also having like a goal, like a percentage goal, is really really key. A lot of times we get into these trades and I see a lot of times people are up, you know, five hundred percent, and they're DM and me and they're asking me what should I do? Should I sell? Like, I'm like, guys, come on five hundred percent. I mean, I don't know where they're doing that at.
Speaker 3: Tell me.
Speaker 7: So the thing is is, guys, be willing to take profit, and don't be greedy. Please, don't be greedy. Be willing to take profit. And if you have multiple options and you see an over one hundred percent return, there's nothing wrong with using the fifty rule. What is the fifty rule? So if Troy has ten options and they've went up one hundred percent, there's nothing wrong with him taking five and leaving five runners to say, hey, you know, I can take these five off the table and I can leave the other five. So the fifty rule is something that I really want to apply. I apply all the time. You never lose money taking profits. And I tell people that the fifty rule can really keep a lot of people out of trouble, especially with the short term options or with the longer term options. To make sure that you're taking your profits and securing your bag.
Speaker 2: That's important Shore, I know, shout out to Ben. That's something that he does. Right, If he buys ten contracts, he takes profit. I'll sell five and I'll let five keep going. And so that's a great strategy. I think that's the maining strategy. A lot of people will get caught up like can I sell before my strike date, before my expiration date? Yes, you can sell before your exploration date. Can I take profit? You can take profit whenever you want, right, That's up to you. But again, create your strategy. Know what your strategy is. So when it hits your number, you're you're okay with it and you're taking profit. There's nothing wrong with that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you do have taxes, short term capital gain tax. If you if you sell a position under a year and if you keep it for longer than a year, it's long term capital gains. So long term of day, Yeah, long term capital gains is lower than short term capital gain. So that is something that just you know, at least no, at least be aware of something that might want to take and take a sideration.
Speaker 3: You might not want to take take consideration, but please do.
Speaker 2: I just want to go back here really quickly. It's let me go back here really quickly. I'm gonna get some game real quick. Merry Christmas. No, So a lot of people talk about long term invest in this saying, look, if you're investing options, it's not long term investment. I'm gonna show you how you can turn it into long term investment. And fran Lawrence, we spoke about this and you were like, yeah, this is exactly how you do it. And so here's what happened. This is actually in my account right now. So in a maybe May twenty twenty, I bought five contracts at AMD at a seventy five call. Right So it was a call I said, it's going to appreciate. So at the time it was fifty seven dollars. I said, all right, well, I'm looking at the fundamentals. I looked at the technicals. I said, all right, we're in Corona. This is a semiconductor. We love semi conductors. That's why we keep talking about them in hit. I'm like, seventy five, that's my call for January twenty twenty two. So I gave myself at least eighteen to nineteen months for this contract to mature. However, AMD has run up. The actual stock itself has run up, and so obviously as the stock runs up, so does my intrinsic value of my contracts. And so that's run up pretty nicely. I think AMD hit a high one point sixty three. Did it get up to one sixty three? My correct on that, Yeah, so it's an all time high. I want to say, like one sixty one sixty three, all right, And so remember my call was at seventy five. And so here's what I did. I had the right to right, I exercised the contract. And so if I have five contracts and you don't even have to exercise all five, I chose to. The key thing is when you exercise, I have to have the money in my account to buy those shares. So here's how this looks. I exercised all five contracts at seventy five dollars, and so five hundred shares right at twenty five at seventy five dollars, because I have the right to buy it at that, it's going to cost me thirty five thousand dollars. Luckily, I had a great year, so I had the thirty five. But I didn't have to. I could have just did the five hundred. Would it cost me seventy five hundred? And I'm like, okay, bet, And somebody's like, wait, that's a lot of money, and that's a waste of money.
Speaker 5: How's this long term investment? Well, here's why.
Speaker 2: Today, if you try to buy five hundred shares of AMD, it would cost you seventy one thousand, five hundred dollars. Why because you don't have the option to buy it at seventy five. I did that, so I have the right to do it at seventy five dollars. So here's the difference, right, it's right now at one hundred and forty three dollars. I'm taking it. Seventy five is which my call by contract was at. So there's a difference of sixty eight dollars. So when I exercise this contract, as soon as I exercise it, each share has a sixty eight dollars in value, right, So I bought them at seventy five. As soon as I exercised the contract, those five hundred shares now each have sixty eight dollarsand value.
Speaker 5: So that easy math right there for you.
Speaker 2: Five hundred series time sixty eight dollars is thirty four thousand. So now the thirty five thousand that are spending doesn't look as crazy because I already have thirty four thousand in value as soon as.
Speaker 5: I exercise it. But that's not the best part.
Speaker 2: Let me go to Let me go ahead, Let's go to bar shark. Let's go to bar shark. Everybody can still see my screen, Yes, sir, Let's look at the history of the performance of AMD. Right, Let's look what it has done over the past twenty years. Let's look what has done over the past ten years. Let's look what has done over the past five years, three years, two years. Guess what I now have. I have five hundred shares of AMD that I could have for the rest of my life. Right, I don't have an expiration data anymore. I now have five hundred shares, clear and free. What can I do with that? I could pass that down, I could add to it, I can make it another position. While I'm like, all right, I want to do a thousand shares of this company, I heard my brother Ian say, look, AMD is going to be three twelve by January twenty four. So you're looking at a guy who got them at seventy five dollars, and I have five hundred shares that potential growth. And obviously we speak about semi conductors and supply chain shortage and how that's going to correct yourself in either the second half of t twenty twenty two or beginning of twenty twenty three. Either way, I'm still going to be patient because now I have five hundred shares long term. And so when people talk about options and they say it's not really a long term investment, it can be if you get the asset at a valued price and it grows over the time of your contract.
Speaker 5: So it went from one foot not showing, Oh it's not showing that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's not showing.
Speaker 2: Oh, hold on, hold on, I got shared the right then new share my bad.
Speaker 4: Y'all.
Speaker 2: Y'all can see it.
Speaker 7: Now, Yes, sir, you see the bar chart, Yes, sir?
Speaker 5: All right, So we're looking at here five hundred and seventy.
Speaker 2: Percent, right, we're looking at two thousand per one thousand percent not doubt percentage seven hundred to twenty five, and so like if just based on that growth, even if it grows ten percent a year, I don't ever have to sell those five hundred hundred years, right, I could pass those one hundred years.
Speaker 5: I can give those hundred shares five hundred years.
Speaker 2: And so now that option that was a two year option right on my expiration date now becomes a long term investment inside of my portfolio. So that's another strategy like people really don't talk about, but they should. And a lot of times if you go to YouTube and you go to they'll tell you like ninety nine percent of the times you shouldn't exercise your contract. That's true if you're doing short term, but in these rare situations where the asset has grown and it has hit all time highs and your contract is so low, it kind of makes sense to exercise it because you have the long term shares for the rest of your life. I'm also this is true. I'm also I also have a five to ten This is a game. I never told anybody this. I have a five to ten testicle for January twenty three, right, So I can buy one hundred shares of Tesla at five hundred dollars today if I wanted to right, I'd have to have the money. Let's say Tesla runs to fifteen hundred. Each one of those hundred shares has now gained one thousand dollars. Right, if Tesla gets to fifteen hundred at some point over the next twelve months, right, because so vile talent in trades like that, could it happen?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: If it gets a twelve hundred, guess what each share now has seven hundred dollars. So now I have seven hundred shares that all each have gained seven hundred dollars value, I'm up seventy thousand. So these are some of the ways, in some of the strategies that you can turn your option contract into a long term situation. Now, there are some things that you need to know, right, So the money you spent for the contract, right, sometimes and a lot of times, and if launch you probably can explain even more, the intrinsic value is lost, right, you can't. You don't get the money that you paid for the contract. It becomes part of the fees that you do for exercise in it. But when you think long term, right, maybe it was I think that AMD call was like four thousand dollars long term that four thousand dollars gonna come back. Yeah, the market goes up, AMD goes up, and like I said, let's say it gets to two hundred three hundred, I'm sitting here pretty with five hundred shares. I'm not thinking about the three hundred three thousand that I paid to actually get the contracts. So that's another little strategy. Most people don't talk about it. I'm telling you because I did it, and I did it with Apple too. That's how I explained that. Last year I got my six hundred shares of Apple, I did the same thing apple split. I was like, oh, this is perfect I can get I can get a five hundred, six hundred shares at one hundred dollars perfect now, when it was one hundred and twenty seven dollars at the time, I'm like, all right, that's not that's pretty cool interesting values there. But now that Apple is run up to one hundred and seventy five and I got them at one hundred. Now you got six hundred shares that each game seventy five dollars. And so that's just like another little strategy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, a whole lot of games, ladies and gentlemen that was yeah, ninety minutes. Man, we're not done yet, but it's definitely gonna be sae. I've seen some people asking, is it's gonna be saved on YouTube. Yes, it's gonna be saved on YouTube. So watch the replay. Talked about Greeks earlier in the presentation, so everything that you probably have questions about was probably covered over.
Speaker 3: The course of the ninety minutes. But we're gonna answer some questions.
Speaker 6: But before we do, once again, I just wanted to just kind of let you guys know what's going on here. So EYL University this is we do classes every single week, but we're actually adding something to.
Speaker 2: University breaking news alert all ready for this. I let you doing no, I gohad man, that's good thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, you know the full details.
Speaker 5: So let me break this down.
Speaker 2: So obviously, Lawrence has been a part of e y L University, has been teaching the third Wednesdays of each month. But he said, you know what, I got a calling and I got asked do I want to teach? And he's you know, he was like, yeah, I want to teach, but I don't want to teach at Stanford. I want to teach at Yale or Harvard. I want to teach at e y L University. And so who are we not to oblige when we have a pride you like this, and so Frank Laurence like ke'p saying, Lawrence is going to do something special. He's going to be teaching every Monday and every Wednesday starting in January twenty twenty two.
Speaker 5: That's not it though.
Speaker 2: Every Monday at noon he will be trading live with you in eyl University live like actually as the market is open, he'll be in there and he'll be guiding, and he'll be teaching as the market's open, trading with you on Wednesdays at six.
Speaker 5: Wednesday at six shoutout to rants gyms.
Speaker 2: I know that drops. He will be teaching live Wednesday's at six to eyl University. Earnest every third Wednesday he will still be doing his class. He is a full time professor and a contributor to e y L. This is his chaining day. Everybody put the graduation caps in the chat. Lawrence is officially EYL Lawrence. He's officially part of the team. Everybody give him a warm welcome.
Speaker 6: And I appreciate that and so yeah, he's definitely a tenured professor and we do all we do all a lot different stuff in the UY University. We do crypto, we do investing, credit, real estate, so you know, have different professionals come teach classes. And one of the things that we're gonna do for twenty twenty two is have a few people actually teach like more than like one class every three months, like they might teach like, you know, twice a month or even every single week possibly. So that's something that you know, it's broad range, like I said, covering from credit to real estate, and you know, of course stocks investing, we've been doing that, so it's just you know, just adding on to that, and we felt Lawrence was the perfect person to you know, to spearhead that for So.
Speaker 2: I'll be in you know what, January Thurs the first one. I'm gonna be in there too. Yeah, yeah, I'm there. Appreciate that, Earns. I'm there.
Speaker 6: So if you're not part of YO University, man, I'm telling you it's the fastest growing online community for everything.
Speaker 3: It's not.
Speaker 6: It's not just an investment group, it's a financial institution cover every single thing possible. So once again, I put the link up, go to Eyo University dot com running the sale flash sale twenty four hour flash sale, might extend it for forty eight hours, but.
Speaker 2: Oh we could do we can call up some of our group chat friends and have them come as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you never know who. We could get anybody to come. So sixty five sixty five percent off for the whole entire year. It's like seven hundred dollars for the whole entire year. And it covers all of those things that we just talked about and more so if you want to join, click the link. Love to have you on the other side. And we got some physical events too. We're gonna be doing some things for Eyo University we talked about.
Speaker 3: A couple of days ago.
Speaker 6: So you know, we really want to make it more of a community type of vibe and it's something that we're really looking forward to in twenty twenty two, just expanding.
Speaker 3: The vib So yeah, for sure.
Speaker 6: So part of it part of the classes that you know, you get to ask questions. So this, like I said, this, this went a little longer than we probably thought, so the questions might be a little bit shorter. But now we're gonna we're gonna go to some earners for some questions and you know, answer some questions for the class.
Speaker 5: Is going to be He's gonna be It's twelve noon every Monday.
Speaker 7: Right, yep, twelve noon every Monday, and we'll be talking a lot. So it'll be right in the middle of the market day, catching a lot of people on the lunch breaks in the middle of the day. I figured that'd be like the best time, even kill So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a fact when we had the conversation, like, I think that's the best time because people on their lunch breaks, they can actually sit down at the computers. They could actually focus, and so I think that was I mean, that was pretty thoughtful of you. And that's the true. They think I'm captain, but we really had this conversation like they were like, you should actually teach at at a university, and you told, like tell him, like you really said no.
Speaker 7: Like I it was like I had the conversation and you know, my girl she asked me, she said, you know, like could you see yourself teaching at a university? And I said, I mean I couldn't see myself teaching at a college and sticking to you know, just like a book or something like the knowledge that I have. Like for me, it's like I'm really passionate to share with people because I can see, like how can like directly change like your life, like the stop market honestly, like really changed my entire life, so like I wanted to continue to change other people's lives. So whatever way I can really give as much information as possible, where it's hitting people midday, hitting people early more than hitting people late at night, whatever it is, it's like I'm willing.
Speaker 2: To do it. So yep, crazy, crazy crazy. Yes, that's the Eastern Standard time. Y'all Eastern Standard Time East the Santa Time.
Speaker 3: Appreciate that, brother. Let's go to some how how old do you? Lawrence Man?
Speaker 7: I just turned twenty two in October.
Speaker 3: Prodigy.
Speaker 2: When we say prodigy, we really need twenty twenty two years old, prodigy different, different, All right, let's go to let's go to some of our earners. Let's see is Jenny, it might not be here, victim, were coming to you? I mut yourself. You've been muted.
Speaker 5: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Don't expect that?
Speaker 3: Well, don't do this. Hey, I'm here, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Hey, let's up I'm actually some guys I got picked, but thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 8: So, so my question was, so I was doing long term stock stocked investing for a while. I mean, shout out to y'all because you know, listening to y'all for a year and stuff. You know, definitely learned learn that's the way to do it and stuff. But looking to get into options and trying that same approach, you know, the long term, long term clause. But I was, I haven't made the decision to do it yet because right now the market is at all time high. Number one, so maybe waiting for some better premiums. But number two, what's a good technique that you guys use for picking your strike prices? And I know one gentleman who who was on your on one of the episodes one time, he had said like one point five times the growth over the last year. Yeah, something of that sort, and then that's how you choose this strike price. But but what do you guys use for like choosing your strike prices?
Speaker 7: Yeah, so I'm I'm gonna be honest, like for me, like, for example, with a stock like Apple that's at like one seventy five right now, A lot of times what I personally will do is like I only buy in the money options. So like for me, I don't buy out the money options. Uh, you know, I argue against it. So for me, my strategy is I like to a lot of times go at least two to three in the money. So for example, the stocks at one seventy five, there's obviously gonna be a one seventy two point five one seventy one sixty seven point five, one sixty five. A lot of times I try to aim to go at least two to three options in the money, but I also am looking at the volume and open interest. I like to see the options that you don't have the highest amount of volume and open interest, and those are the options that I usually target, even with the leap options. A lot of times I'd like to get like an at the money strike, So like if the stocks at one seventy five, I go and get that one to seventy five strike for twenty twenty four. My biggest thing when it comes to options is like you want to get the most intrinsic value, Like a lot of times the out the money strategies, even if you have a leap for example, you know, I look, you know, a lot of times I look at a lot of people's portfolios. They'll share things with me. The number one loser in everyone's portfolio that I've seen as ARKKK that's the number one loser across the board, and it's people who've had leap options on RKKK and they've had out the money leaps. So the thing is is that even though you get out the money contract and it may be far away from expiring, does not guarantee that you're actually gonna go ahead and profit. So buying a leap option does not guarantee profit. And what I want to say is is that when it comes to your strike price, try to get as close to the money as possible. And if you can't get in the money, you know, try to, you know, keep it at like that one seventy enno point five point. You just don't want to be leaping and getting two forties in two twenties when a stock is at one seventy. You want to protect yourself.
Speaker 2: So yep, yeah, I think all those things are key. I always looking at the past performance and calculating, Right, well, I just showed you that the Apple situation, right, we just didn't guess two hundred. We were kind of saying that because if you take the ten percent, if you just look at moving ten percent based on what's done in the past, I mean you can kind of get the gauge on where it could be headed. And what I think Lauren says is important. Man, I always, always, always, I always check the valume and I always check the open interest because that'll tell you a barama of like, all right, well, this is kind of where the market the money's moving for this option. And there's a couple of other things that I use as well. I checked the history of the option. I know in each trade, when you go into details, you can check the history of the option, you can see where it originated, and based on where it's originated, you can get a gauge of where it was at its all time high. And even when it's there, I'm like, all right, well, I don't want to buy anything at a premium. If the option contract originated at twenty dollars and it ran up to forty, I want to wait till it pulls down to eighteen, right, because I just want to have, like you said, I want to have my built in terms with value before I get into the position. So that's another little strategy you can use. That's a lot bick there, Okay.
Speaker 8: No, yeah, I was just taking some notes. No, that's definitely great, and that's what I've been learning recently too. Yeah, at the money or in the money is just safer and just guaranteeing that you can definitely, you know, secure that you're going to make some money and not lose that premium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we talked about singular positions, but I mean the safest thing that we do is we invest in ETFs. Like so you can have option contracts on ETFs and so we definitely have them on XLK and that's a mah and xly qqq. So we definitely have them on our all Star teams as well. They don't move as fast, but but if you get them at the right price, right price, definitely could have some value for sure. I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: I can't say nothing about uts after the Apollo.
Speaker 2: Don't tell anybody, I ain't got it, nobody.
Speaker 8: You had to be there what happened at the Apollo.
Speaker 3: You know you had to be there.
Speaker 5: That's a fact.
Speaker 2: I ain't got it.
Speaker 4: Bro. You know the rule word api, bro word.
Speaker 6: Yes, the classes at euy University are recorded. I saw somebody asked that question or recorded our All.
Speaker 2: Right, let's go to Melissa Kingston. Melissa, were coming to you? I mute yourself.
Speaker 5: You've been unmuted?
Speaker 2: What's going on?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Now you gotta ummute yourself. You there you go? Hi, what's up?
Speaker 9: Nice to meet you. You and the university just joined about three weeks ago, so I'm just learning everything. Bran new All question, if for beginners and options work and what is the best place to start to invest?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 7: And options? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Like platform platform wise?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Uh huh, Well, I mean I guess you know, I personally use TD Ameritrade.
Speaker 3: I think they I like that they use the interface.
Speaker 6: Not to say that, you know, I'm not like saying that that's the only place to go, but that's what I personally use for my option training.
Speaker 3: I like TD.
Speaker 6: I use Fidelity too, but I just like tds use the interface better and a couple other reasons.
Speaker 3: I just like TD Ameritrade.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 9: And another question when it comes to taxes, uh, can of uh? And we invest as individuals or we would have to do through as a brokers or create a business work as a business.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and so you can.
Speaker 2: I mean you could do it yourself, right, if you open your own broker's account, you could do it yourself. That's a good question though, Like a lot of people, and this is something that we've learned over the past couple years. So it was like, look, we should probably maybe start investing from an LLC because as you accumulate more assets, you want to protect those assets. And so one of the strategies to do is create an LLC and trade out of that. And so that's just another little tippic that you can use when trading.
Speaker 7: You're saying a lawrence, Yeah, no, it's really good to trade out them in LLC. I personally do trade out of trade out the inn LLC. It's good on the tax side. I like, you can set up trading out of LLC really with TDM, ror Trade and most platforms, so I think it's beneficial.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And as far as the brokers is, I use E Trade to trade for the most part just because I like, I like their interface, and when I have to do research, I use them. I started with the Ameritrade. That one's very very very easy to look at and see and do research as well. You can't go wrong with either in my opinion, and I also have a fidelity. I'm blaming it on shoddy and if you have to pobly, you understand why.
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you very much, appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Listen where you're from.
Speaker 9: I'm from Panama, but.
Speaker 2: I love it, love it. Shout everybody, boy Panama.
Speaker 6: Shout the Panama and Panama and shouts all the Panamanians in Brooklyn.
Speaker 7: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Have a good night. It is saying, all right, let's see what we got. Let's see what we got. I'm going down the list here. Let's go to Brandy. Brandy, we're coming to you. I'm telling you in advanced Brandy, because we're coming to you. I mute yourself. You've been unmuted. What's going on, Brandy?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 7: What are you guys doing?
Speaker 2: Brandy?
Speaker 10: Well, actually, I'm using my it's it's it's my wife emails.
Speaker 7: It's it's all good.
Speaker 2: God, she's all good. I love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, what's your day?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 10: My name is David?
Speaker 2: David? All right, David? What's going on?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 10: Well, I'm I just joined you guys like I think it was like that three weeks ago, and man, man.
Speaker 5: I love you guys.
Speaker 10: Man you you guys, do good do good work.
Speaker 3: I'm telling you, man, appreciate appreciate that. Brad.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I joined the trade. I'm just asking like a question right now, because I Giant trade a few a few months back, right, a few months back.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 10: It's like I say, like six months or so, and when I go and I I I I Giant with five ones dollars, okay, and you end up that I I earned a lot on that. I earned like, uh, probably five hundred dollars because when when I when I when I go and check on it, it was out of thousand dollars. And what I want to ask you, guys, if I want to say, say I want to.
Speaker 2: Like make exit, how do I go outboard doing that?
Speaker 3: How do you exit out it out of your brokerage account or your trade trade? So you sell it?
Speaker 5: You bought stock or like what you do stock option?
Speaker 3: I brought them stock.
Speaker 7: I bought them stock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you just sell Yeah go to the cell feature.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just sell it.
Speaker 7: I'm really new to this.
Speaker 4: I don't really.
Speaker 2: As I'm gonna help you out since you knew, don't even worry about selling it this whole go on to what what company was it?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 2: It was it was game Stop. Uh, game Stop, Lawrence, I'll let you, I'll let you take this one. What do you think about game Stop?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 7: I mean so the real technical reason why game Stop is up as much is it's a low amount of shares. You had a lot of institutions who shortened the stock. In my opinion, I would sell game Stop, so I would go ahead and take the profits. I know a lot of people said it's going to a thousand and this and that, but you know, I don't want to rain on anybody's parade. But that ain't happening, So yeah, I would sell it. I think you said you're in the trade, yeah, trade. Yeah, So I would go open up and actually hit open order I had to sell. And actually, if you want to even call the broker, you can actually call customer service, get a broker on the line, and the broker can actually that transaction for you and go ahead and clear that. So if you don't know how to do it, just call the customer service, say can I speak a broker? Get the broker on the line and tell them and they'll go ahead and execute and sell those off. So I will just that's what I would say to do. And then in the meantime, make sure that you're tapping in here and we'll go over you know, order execution and things to really kind of help some people out, because I realized the biggest thing is a lot of people know what moves they want to make, but as far as the actual execution. So that's what I'll be here for to help with that execution. So make sure you're tapping in here as much as Fay.
Speaker 5: David appreciate you, appreciate you. And that's another thing too.
Speaker 2: I'm glad you said that the customer service is really good, like really really good. I had some issues with td e ver trade d Han me on hold for like two hours. Once each trade. They respond either through email or like they'll send you a message to text or something like that pretty pretty fast, pretty fast. So shout to you. All right, let's go to yas me. Shout out to uh Brandy and David. Yes, me and were coming to you. Tout yourself. You've been immuta, what's going on?
Speaker 4: I can hear you.
Speaker 3: What's going on? Okay, wait, hold on, hold on, you got you got the background.
Speaker 5: You gotta turn you gotta turned down a little bit, turn down a little bit.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 11: So just like uh, I can't get selected that quick. So just like the other guy, I'm.
Speaker 12: New to the e y L.
Speaker 11: I appreciate you guys so much and I look forward to uh Laurence teaching us because that's exactly what my question was, is that I download greeble and coin days to start with, but I don't know what to do, so I'm gonna be probably.
Speaker 2: That's that's perfect. You in the perfect place.
Speaker 7: Execute, Yeah, are.
Speaker 5: In a perfect I said, you're in a perfect place.
Speaker 2: And so you have an account open already.
Speaker 5: All you chopping up?
Speaker 2: Okay? Perfect?
Speaker 13: There.
Speaker 11: I'm ready to.
Speaker 7: Give rid of Coinbase, I heard, and now.
Speaker 11: I'm like, that's actually where I put most of my money. So I'm like, how do I get out of there and transfer it to web or someplace else.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: So one of the biggest things, and definitely I'll definitely be bringing this to the university as well too, is making sure that you have a ledger. Like I stress the importance of leaving no crypto on any platform, Coinbase, crypto, dot com. It doesn't matter the name of the platform. You need to make sure that you have your own cold storage wallet and secure it on there. You don't want to leave it on any platform. I've seen year after year since I've stepped into the crypto space in twenty seventeen, I've seen year after year people getting accounts hacked, people taking people's money, and it's not It's just not right. So do not buy a ledger from Amazon. Only on ledger dot com. And that's something that I'll be bringing to the University of making sure that we're properly securing our crypto. So yeah, thank you guys, appreciate you as me.
Speaker 5: Have a good night and happy holidays.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's see, let's see, let's see how many more do you want to do? Man, let's go to Tierra Tira. I'm coming to you. I hope you ready. I'm mute yourself. You've been unmuted, Tea. What's going on?
Speaker 4: How y'all doing this?
Speaker 2: Is so exciting to be on here right now with you guys.
Speaker 7: I am just want to appreciate everything you do. I've been training.
Speaker 12: Options for little bit and I know we talked a little bit about the Greeks, but I was wondering if we can go into it a little more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so o, pad's ready, here we go.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so let's let's get let's get into it. So all right, so you got delta. So delta is the amount per dollar that you make when the option increases. Data is the time decay. Data is the amount that you pay per day to actually hold that option. So the twenty twenty four call options have less data. So the thing is is that when you're losing money because of data. So this is why when you buy option. Let's say you buy a call option on Apple at one seventy and let's say Apple goes down to two dollars to one sixty eight, and then it comes back up to one seventy, some people think that they're going to be back to even. That ain't gonna happen. The stock is actually going to have to go to potentially maybe like one seventy one. One's seventy point five for you to actually be back at even now. The thing is that the main Greeks that you want to focus on is that in the money options actually have higher deltas. In the money options have higher deltas and lower data. Out the money options have higher thetas and lower deltas. So that is one of the main things that you want to focus on. Now other Greeks that we want to talk about, we want to talk about Vega. Vega actually is what makes up implied volatility. Implied volatility is IV, So people make money off of options. So for example, Troy's options that he had on AMD to seventy five call, he made money not just because amb's stock price increased, but also the IV increase. What makes up IV, which is also equivalent to vega, it's actually demand, what makes up demand, demand, open interests. I will say this open interest in volume, This is really key. Open interest in volume actually makes up demand. So I tell people this, lot of times demand will actually bid up and actually push your options contracts value up higher. So you have open interest, you have volume. These things tie in with vega, which is IV. Vega is a Greek. I tell people that this is really really important for us to be paying attention and watching. Vega is key is a key Greek. Delta is a key Greek. Theta is a key Greek. And then also you have gamma. So gamma when you take a look, gamma is what actually influences the change of price of delta. So gamma actually influences that. So when you hear people say, oh, a gamma squeeze is about to happen, this is where I say a lot of times, gamma squeeze comes when stock prices push up and a gamma squeeze and push that delta actually higher. So this is key when paying attention to the Greeks. The quickest way to really understand the Greeks is when you buy in the money options, you actually have less data. And so where like, who actually makes money off of data? People who sell options. So this is key. I'm gonna give this gym away. People who have more than one hundred shares of any company can actually sell options and they make money off of data. So when you're losing value because of data, understand that the seller is actually making money. Which is why what I tell people when options expire worthless, there was a winner. The winner was the seller. So option contracts when you buy are actually theata negative. But actually when you're a seller of options, there theta positive. So what does that mean? So theta positive means that you actually gain value from actually selling options when the strike price when you actually go further away. So this is kind of like giving you an idea of the Greeks. We're going to talk about in the money and out the money options a lot here at EYL.
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah, like cover calls and spreads and things like that. That's more of an advanced conversation. But yeah, I mean he giving you the game already.
Speaker 3: There you have it.
Speaker 6: Ladies and gentlemen, you can tell you knows this stuff because that stuff that you know, he.
Speaker 3: Just thank you to off the top of his head.
Speaker 6: It's not like he's like reading the script, so you know, going through all of those Greeks and giving detailed explanations. Got to really study this stuff, so, you know, obviously dedicated a lot of time to learning the language of investing. Very very important. So let's get one more question before we before we rather do it.
Speaker 2: Like he's really twenty two, No, he's he's really twenty two. Yeah, he's really twenty two. Let's go to let's do this. Let's go to Wesley. Wesley, were coming to you. Mute yourself, you've been unmuted. What's going on? No fridg breaks. It's going on at ten o'clock hour in New York, No Fridz breaks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's it going, guys, what's.
Speaker 3: Going It's going on?
Speaker 4: Wesley's going. You know, I definitely appreciate y'all. You know, I caught the Black Friday sale, so I'm fairly new.
Speaker 12: I'm trying to trying to catch up. You know, definitely what the breaker guys got going. So my question is with the clash, Lawrence is going to be doing, you know, is he going to be like starting uh, like from the beginning as far as like I know, I know you guys are doing like stock after today, which is more like advanced people have been people that has been trading.
Speaker 4: But are you guys looking to do.
Speaker 12: Like like the like the beginning part of it, like you know, like stocks, and then you know, moving on up like as each class goes along like that.
Speaker 2: I'll take the first part and then I'll let Lawrence answer. So part part of it is that we have a club. So we have an investment club, a stock club, and so he's part of that as well. And so it's a whole community of people that are learning on the fly. And it depends on what stage you're at. And there's a lot of people who at beginning stage, like you said you are, so it becomes a community inside that community that people giving information and helping you along the way. Obviously Lawrence is going to be there as well. I'll let him talk about what he'll be doing. But you got to remember the community aspect of it too. Somebody is sitting in front of their computer right now, sitting in front of the TV right now, with the same thought process, like I'm the beginning, and so when like minded people come together as as an individual as a collective community, it's it's a very special thing here.
Speaker 6: But yeah, but I'm sure it's gonna be different classes too, so you know, it might be a beginning it's definitely probably gonna be a beginner's class, like you know, a beginner's class, a charting one O one class like you know, because everybody's at different stages, so you know, a mix a mix of you know, events and then also beginning level as well.
Speaker 12: Yeah, because I say that because like because right now I mostly have I'm mostly invested in crypto and now I'm looking to you know, step into like doing stocks as well, because you're not just been taking a lot of notes, especially from the last market Monday class, you know, with like with the ETFs and the stocks that you know, you guys are heavily invested in. So I definitely got my notes and you know, looking to you know, like keep like keep up, keep up with the train, you know what I'm saying, you know, along along with everything else, you know, because I do have kids, and I'm looking to make sure that their future is definitely looking bright, you know, as I'm making, you know, these these moves, and I'll be able to teach them along the way, so you know.
Speaker 3: So that's that's why Jany just text me.
Speaker 6: She said, Wednesday's classes will be for beginners Tesdays.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Wednesday, Wednesdays one on one.
Speaker 4: Wednesdays, all right, cool?
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, and last thing, you know, I'm definitely from New York. You know, I've met you guys back in like twenty nineteen. You know, shot this b from Dykeman when you guys pulled up. I definitely filmed, like the interview when you guys pulled up, I wasn't I wasn't too sure like what you guys were up but doing because like I filmed for Dykman as far as like basketball and then it's be pulled me and says it like yo, you know, like She's like, yo, commit flash, I got early leads and early leads. I'm like, who are these guys. She's like, oh, you know these guys doing the financial literacy podcast d D. I don't know what she was really talking about out, but now I'm like fully investing.
Speaker 4: I'm like, damn, Like that's that's crazy.
Speaker 12: So you know, I definitely should you guys here, you know, and I appreciate y'all man for appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Appreciate y'all, appreciate you bro and shout out to Dykeman Fact and we actually got some some stuff that we're working on with Dykeman. So yeah, yeah, it's gonna be gonna be a good summer.
Speaker 5: Laurens, we didn't give you a chance to answer ahead.
Speaker 7: Oh no, you got Janet said it. So really Monday is I'm really making it? Really, I'll probably say more advanced, and then on Wednesday, definitely for the beginners investing one on one while the market is open, definitely a little bit more advanced, showing you guys the charts, showing you pretty much like you know, the things to watch during the day while the markets are open, and really going through some procedures out of some of the things that I keep throughout the day, and then also investing one on one the classes to get you started from the beginning. So we'll be reading that book, charting a technical analysis, We'll be going through a lot of things. So definite.
Speaker 3: There you have it, Lady.
Speaker 6: Just appreciate you. You got you know, Lawrence, what is my bad bro? What is what's your Instagram? Because I'm sure a lot of people want to follow your instagram.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so it's mister Lawrence dot E. So m R L A W R E n C E dot e. That is my only page. My only page, So any other phase has made Like you know, these scammers are active. So I think right now I have like seventeen thousand, one hundred followers. So that's my page there. The last post was the fly for tonight, so definitely that is my page.
Speaker 6: No, I appreciate you so much, bro, thank you for doing this and and thank you for you know, being a light for the community, and thank you for joining eyl University.
Speaker 3: Something that I'm looking forward to.
Speaker 6: Like I said, we already had the investment arm, but you know, just adding more to it. That's you always we always investing in EYO university and just adding more to it and just trying to make it, you know, as prominent as possible. So it's definitely gonna be something that's gonna be beneficial to all the earnest. Once again, if get interested, all the classific university get archived, they all get safe to the website real estate credit financial planning called book Club, Movie Club, Facebook group. It's really just a dope vibe and of course of course investing. So Lawrence will be doing the Monday trading class and then the Wednesday beginning class.
Speaker 3: So it's just so much stuff going on right now. Crypto forgot about Crypto.
Speaker 5: They were telling Wesday joined the Crypto Club is on the chain.
Speaker 6: We're in the age of information right now, so it's important that you educate yourself.
Speaker 3: It's extremely, extremely important.
Speaker 6: So once again, if you're going, if you want to do that, we gotta sell the last sale of the year, sixty forty eight hours sale and yeah, that's that's good for the whole year from the time that you get it for twelve months and then it renews at the twelve months. So once again, brother Lawrence, thank you so much. Ey l Lawrence, thank you so much. Anything that's anything that you would like to say.
Speaker 7: Ah, man, I mean just honestly, man, it's just really a surreal moment. This is like you know when they say were like kind of like walking to your purpose, Like this is everything. This means a lot to me just being a part of community like this. So, uh, you know, I'm excited. I'm ready to take on the responsibility. And like I said, I'm excited. I'm looking forward to January third, kicking things off of the Bang twenty twenty two, a lot of big things coming. And just continue to grind and focus. Guys, all you are is just like one step away from literally changing your life. And that's just the way I look at everything. So continue to stay focused, continue to perseverere and focus about being focused, like being around positive energy, positive mindsets, and just continue to rise above me.
Speaker 2: Were in this.
Speaker 7: So that's it.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 6: And yeah, the price of the renewal is the same when you join, so it's better to get it earlier because you know, the price goes like a stock.
Speaker 3: But once you locked in, you locked in for life.
Speaker 6: And I want to just wish everybody a happy holidays. Whatever you celebrate, If you celebrate anything, Kwanzah, Christmas, what other holidays are there? Honikahash, New Year's, Happy New Years, all of that stuff. Man, you know, just you know, have have a safe time. Be safe out here. Corona is definitely running rampant in the streets right now, so be safe. And yeah, the last thing that we'll do for the year is tomorrow with our boy t. I shout out to tip uh and no, Lawrence, you got to chop it out with him yesterday, so shout out, shout.
Speaker 3: Out the tip Man. Good, good dude.
Speaker 6: So check out at Sets Overliabilities on Revolts YouTube channel tomorrow at five o'clock. That's a dope episode, dope conversation with my boy t I. And make sure you check out O our episode of E y L that's out right now for this week. It's just me and Troy Market mondays. Of course, make sure you binge watch Market Monday shouts I make sure you watch this replay. This will also be on podcast outlets Apple, Spotify.
Speaker 5: Ah.
Speaker 6: So yeah, man, we got we got a lot of stuff planned. Twenty twenty two is around the corner, so the year is not over. It's still some time. You know, you're gonna grind. You gotta grind to the end. Grind to the end. Will also take some time to reflect, take some time to just you know, plan your vision board for for the next year, not just finances, your vision board for your health, your vision board for your family, your vision your vision board for your you know, your spirituality. Everything is very important. So you know, this is this is a perfect that just you know, take a moment, look at what happened this year. Positive, negative, reevaluate the situation, move forward, stay positive, Stay in the light, Stay in the light.
Speaker 3: Stay in the light.
Speaker 2: Most of I feel amazing.
Speaker 3: Stay away from negativity, Stay away from negative.
Speaker 2: Don't let it into your animatrid.
Speaker 6: It's extremely important to stay away from negative energy.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Man, let's just continue to prosper.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's grow, let's build, let's achieve.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, shout out to Wall Street Trapper.
Speaker 6: He's gonna be on Ellen tomorrow, right tomorrow, So make sure you check that out.
Speaker 3: I don't know what you know? Does that come on NBC?
Speaker 6: NBC check out Ellen tomorrow? Uh with Wall Street Trapper. Salute to him. That's gonna be that's gonna be fire. Yeah, it looks like us now.
Speaker 3: Facts facts, all right, Well they have it, ladies and gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Holiday season, y'all. In the season that doesn't just mean give gifts, give time, reach out, call somebody, one conversation, one text message can change the trajectory of someone's life. Like I really mean that, because we've seen it happen over and over again. So please I encourage you to do that and and again. Be safe, Be safe. I know a lot of people I have caught corona over the past couple of weeks, So prayers up to them and their families. Uh, and love is love, man. We will see y'all. We will see y'all. We're gonna be safe.
Speaker 4: Number one.
Speaker 6: And this this is the last thing that we're gonna do for the year. So drop your cash apps. Y'all stayed with us for almost two hours, for longer than two hours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're gonna do.
Speaker 6: It's the last thing, since this is the last live we're gonna have of a year, drop your cash apps if you're interested in that. All right, I'm a Oh YouTube doesn't work for cash apps?
Speaker 2: Right? Oh damn? So just to earn us, I guess so damn. I think they blocked it on YouTube, right, they said too many. You know what if they I think if they what they was the ones putting like super chats and they was putting their cash ups in there.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I see I see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Jay, you're on YouTube. Take some some flicks so we can catch some people. I'm gonna take a picture of this right here so I can catch them with the earners is moving so far? All right?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 6: They all right, So we'll be sending out some some holiday tightings.
Speaker 5: Tights like.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm, hold you over.
Speaker 2: We gotta send it out now. You got if you're shopping, you got like another day, two days, get it done.
Speaker 6: Yeah, all right, yeah, we got it. I see I see it on YouTube. So yeah, we're gonna pick some people from YouTube, a couple of earnest All right, ladies and gentlemen. So it's been a pleasure. Be safe, Lawrence, Thank you, dog, appreciate you. Safety all right, y'all.
Speaker 13: With robin Hood, not only can you trade individual stocks ETFs, you can also seamlessly buy and sell crypto at low costs, trade all in one place. Get started now on robin Hood. Trading crypto involves significant risk. Crypto trading is offered through an account with the Robert Hood Crypto LC. Robinhood Crypto is licensed to engage in virtual currency business activity by the New York State Department of Financial Services. Crypto held thro robin Hood Cryptos not FDIC insured or SIPC protected. Investing involves risk, including laws of principle Securities. Trading is offered thro an account with robin Hood Financial LLC member SIPC, a registered broker dealer