Speaker 1: You are listening to the Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's our two. It's a beautiful day. I hope you're able to join us, whether you're watching on Peacock, our streaming partner, download the app if you haven't done so, big shout out to NBC all the great people there helping make this possible, bringing the show on the road. Plan on making this a little bit of a tradition here coming out here and today is just a celebrity proram. They don't get started till tomorrow, but Charles Barkley has the worst odds of winning the Celebrity Pro program here that'll start on NBC and Golf Channel. This first hour brought to you, was brought to you by the great folks at let's see Express Employment Professionals. You can go to Express pros dot com. They never charge you a fee for a job. Stat of today is always brought to you by Panini America, the official trading cards of the program. And we are in Lake Tahoe Edgewood Country Club. You can go to Danpatrick dot com, click on the toy box link there and follow along with us. A lot of great content posted their games, interviews, pull questions, et cetera, et cetera. All right, Fritzi's not here. Fritzi's on vacation in London, because this was not a last minute thing, but Fritzy had already planned his vacation to London. He is out this week, but he is here in spirit. He's been and apparently he was in the minds of Michael Wilbon on Pardon the Interruption, because Fritzi's there watching there's a tennis player from the United States, Taylor Fritz and Michael Wilbon made the obvious mistake of Todd Fritz and Taylor Fritz last night on Pardon the Interruption.
Speaker 3: I can't help but look forward to at Fritz Todd Fritz.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna let you get to most of that, but Fritz and al Kiraz is gonna be if us.
Speaker 2: May want to help him at okay, So Willbon gives a shout out to Fritzi while he's not trying to, and then he realized soon after that he made a mistake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I want to start. It's not it's Taylor Fritz. It's not Todd Fitz.
Speaker 4: It's Taylor Fittz and I have trouble with his name because I always think of Taylor Swift, but I'm always start with him, and if I don't get the text for me Todd Fritz.
Speaker 3: Later, I'll be disappointed.
Speaker 2: It was so good. We're like, wait a minute, Wilbon just said, Todd Fritz there to lead part in the interruption. You know, it's usually at the end of parton the interruption would be a shout out for a milestone or a birthday. And I thought, oh, maybe there's a shout out for Fritzi when they led, and I go, oh boy, he made the mistake of Taylor Fritz instead of Todd Fritz. Big difference eight seven. Well, Todd did play. He was second doubles alternate in high school.
Speaker 5: Oh boy, who was a culprit?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'll tell you what I got an idea though. Yeah, okay, So we're right off to the right of the range and we've been watching one guy.
Speaker 1: And it's coming over one it's that same guy.
Speaker 2: Can we find out who that is?
Speaker 6: The short guy in the blue shirt?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Can I run over? Well, what are you gonna do? If you run over? I'm gonna be like, hey man, straight up your shot. I have a lot of show going on over here. Now, I just want to see who it is. Okay, so you the driving range is packed, and I don't know, for some reason, this guy has angled towards us.
Speaker 5: He smoked one to the right and it hit the pole that separates you in the driving range.
Speaker 6: It was coming towards you, DP Okay, and.
Speaker 7: You know, I would say that maybe they're doing that on purpose, but I've watched the way that where all of their other swings are going all the other and they have really no control with them.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I'm just looking. I'm looking at this. I don't know if I need protective gear here, but she's utterly supposed to be playing Jimmy Robert. It's Brian Baumgardner, Kevin from the It doesn't look like a former athlete, no offense. Let me see Jason Worth, the former outfielder, David Wells, Grant, Kevin Malar. I don't know, Okay, this guy just maybe they made him leave the range. I know. So they're teeing off in about I don't know, thirty five to forty minutes. But I don't know why this guy was angled over here, unless he was trying to do I have a beef with anybody up there that I don't know about. Paula. You're usually good about telling me if I've upset somebody, he won't be here. I'm trying to think who that could be. Oh, you know, it could be just a somebody who was a amateur, not a celebrity.
Speaker 7: Dan, he's going to need to fund the fairway here.
Speaker 6: He just put one on the right side. Just smoke, Dan Patrick.
Speaker 2: I know, I said, could we get netting up here?
Speaker 3: Soft?
Speaker 2: I know, but I I'm the one that's kind of in harm's way here more than the rest of us.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You guys got a tree right there that could knock down some of this, do we? Yes?
Speaker 3: What imaginary tree? Are you looking at? A orange tree?
Speaker 7: I feel like there's a solid ninety of that rain rain now that's very capable of hitigus.
Speaker 2: Well one hundred percent could hit me, So you guys have better odds of not getting hit.
Speaker 7: Okay, the pins in a tricky spot that is dead, so it's breaking left to right.
Speaker 2: Do you think we get a ball here on set?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do, I do. Yeah, all right, Uh, I need to have a spotter. I think maybe somebody with a baseball glove who can just stand here along the railing. All right, So coming up, we have uh, we have big cat PFT commenter. Pardon the interruption, and I pardon my take, A should say Barstool Sports. They have a big announcement. Joe Buck will join us. Davante Adams, the Rams wide receiver, spend some time with John Smoltz in the first hour, and I thought what John brought up about shoe heyo TONI was interesting of maybe you'll see Dave Roberts use him in the postseason in kind of special situations where you can bring him in as a closer, but other than that, he doesn't see you know, he's going to be a starting pitcher. He also said he thinks Aaron Judge an O'tani have graduated into the Barry Bonds status, which is high praise because Bonds was doing it with a little bit of help. But Aaron Judge and show Heyotani are putting up some pretty great numbers. Otani Homer delete off the game and then they got shut down. Who's the Brewers kid the long name Miserowski? He was great again. He's been a really great find for them.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Poey I'm looking at Aaron Judges' stats and it's wild because they're getting better and he's thirty three years old. People don't realize he's thirty three, but his slugging percentage this year is seven thirty eight. That's going to be the best of his career. All his numbers are going to be career numbers. And he's a guy who's had sixty two home runs in a season, one hundred and forty four RBI in the season. He's also intentional walks this year. He has twenty three intentional walks already. He had twenty the entire season.
Speaker 3: Last year.
Speaker 2: Otani led off the game of the home run Jacob Misrowski struck out twelve the next sixteen batters. The Brewers beat the Dodgers three to one. Otani now is thirty one home runs, most before the All Star Break for a Dodger in history. All Right, poll question from the first hour seaton, what are we going to go with an hour two? We got another one here for hour two from PAULI. This is another classic Paul Pepp's poll question. I'd most want to live dot dot on a lake in the mountains, on the ocean or beach slash in a big city. Okay, those are your four options right there. Where would you most want to live? Lake, mountains, ocean city. I'm gonna say a lake. Yeah, yeah, I'm a lake guy. Melvin, what about you? But by the way, the number of names that Marvin has with the back room guys, it's and it's a problem because you know, I'll see you and then I'll call you by Malcolm or whatever.
Speaker 8: Yes, backstory, the big german's brother. We worked on the bill together, and you'd be like, oh so.
Speaker 3: Bad with names a Mark.
Speaker 8: And so from here on out, all the backroom guys and now you know seeped over to DP.
Speaker 3: I know, I know a Melvin.
Speaker 2: What what is your response for the pole question?
Speaker 3: So Melvin and Marvin would like to live on a lake?
Speaker 2: Okay, what about you?
Speaker 7: See, man, I've feel like a beach this this point in my life. I kind of creed the salt a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can have Margarita's on the lake. Yeah, you can your salt.
Speaker 7: But I like, I like the beach right near the beach.
Speaker 5: This is a toffee. This is the prettiest lake I've ever seen, Lake Tahoe. It's just gorgeous, the colors. I'm gonna go a mountain. I like this like the snow a little bit.
Speaker 2: Well you get both here, yeah, you do get the lake and then you get the mountain.
Speaker 5: But would you live if you lived out here, would you be on the lake or up in the hill somewhere?
Speaker 2: I'd be on the lake. Yeah, be on the lake. Well, you know me, I'm an outdoor gun.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: This is your country? Yeah it is.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now there's a there's a couple of fly fishing areas around here that are like famous fly fishing places. I think it's it's called Trucky. Yeah, that's a good spot. And one of our camera men, Ian brought two fly fishing poles and I said, hey, I think one of those has my name on it, and I'd like to go fly fishing here after the show one of these days and go. It's about an hour hour and a half away, do a little fly fishing. A little river runs through it, a little brad Pitt action there, Get on my gear, let's go, Ladies. Love it when you get on that fly fishing gear.
Speaker 5: If I'm out there, like, hey fisherman.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happened to that guy? All right poll question we have that for hour or two. I mentioned Big Cat's going to join us, Joe Buck, Devantae Adams as well. This kind of snuck up on us again with the All Star where every team is represented, and I had forgotten all about it because it used to be a big deal when you would see everybody and they'd have their uniforms there and you go, oh, okay, Mike Sweeney the Kansas City. I don't know why I'm picking on Mike Sweeney, but it felt like there were a couple of guys. It's almost like the Pro Bowl where somebody's not going, and then somebody else doesn't go, and then you get to go. And it's on your resume that you made the All Star Team, but it's because you played.
Speaker 8: You were the best guy, maybe on a bad team. Yes, it's called the Jeff Conine Award.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm gonna pick on Jeff Conine. I'm trying to think other guys that stand out where you go. You might not have made the All Star Team on any other team, but he was the right guy for that team, right guy, right team, and made the All Star Team. You know, because we brought up this, uh you know, to the commissioner of the NBA about can you do the World versus the United States? And then you had people saying, well, that's not fair because you'll have guys who are better than some of the you know, maybe seventh, eighth, ninth, tenth players on the World team and they shouldn't be making an All Star appearance whether you know. But the United States team is going to have, you know, far better players, deeper roster. Yes, it's not about one person, Dan, it's about the full team. No, but I but I'm talking about maybe they don't deserve to make it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but it's a it's about a full team.
Speaker 2: Who's the best team, Yes, Paul.
Speaker 3: Try to bail that out, thank you.
Speaker 5: Colorado Rocky's not a good team this year, but they had to have a person and represent them.
Speaker 6: Hunter Goodman, Okay, he's twenty five years old.
Speaker 5: He's hitting two eighty with seventeen homers and fifty two ribbies.
Speaker 6: That seems deserved.
Speaker 5: It's not bad, But does does he take away a spot from a.
Speaker 2: Well, Juan Soto didn't make it Like there's a couple of snubs. But you have to pick what's the worst team. White Sox have to have somebody. Yeah, the A's have somebody. My my Sacramento A's watching them last night. But yeah, somebody's got to make it from these rosters.
Speaker 5: I got to check if this is correct. Shane Smith, the pitcher for the White Sox, made it.
Speaker 2: And what are what are his stats?
Speaker 6: This can't be correct. He's three and seven on the season.
Speaker 2: Well, which is era? Could be like Paul Schemes is four and seven or e RA under two?
Speaker 5: Well he's got a four point two, oh Smith, and that's like good. I made a double check that.
Speaker 6: How did you make the All Star roster?
Speaker 2: Well, somebody had to make it. Is there anybody else on the White Sox who got snubbed?
Speaker 9: Here?
Speaker 2: Checking snub Jermaine Die Germaine Die of the was that the A's Germaine Die and the White Socks? When he on the Braves as well?
Speaker 8: Oh he's around yeah yeah, right, every single year you're going to get a random guy. Yeah, where it's like Walt Weiss made it, You sure did. Somebody had to make.
Speaker 2: The team Walt Weiss from the A's and the Braves in the Braves? Okay, did Mark Lemke ever make it from the Braves. He always hit like four sixty in the World Series for some reason. To be like I was talking to John Smoltz about that yesterday, be like they're coming up on thirty years when the Braves won World Series thirty years ago. Yes, Mark, that.
Speaker 8: World Series championship feels like a sire relief more than a celebration.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, that's not one of those the eighty five Bears, you know, even the Cubs winning the World Series like it was the Braves. It was like, finally you guys won one. Yeah, yeah, Pauling.
Speaker 5: But the difference between one and zero is galactic. Like if Peyton Manning had won in his career, he catch some heat for that Peyton Manning, but zero he would be the poster boy for Dann Reno.
Speaker 8: Okay, they'd beat the Buffalo Bills b yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, So just getting started here hour two and oh you know what I had, I found some NBA totals win totals already because I'm watching some summer league basketball. Yeah, and we fall in love with who's this guy Sasser with the Pistons. Remember a couple of years ago he up forty points in a game. I remember coming in go man, I got my guy. I don't even know his first name. It's not Matthew Sassar, Darrell Sassar. That we have these guys where they'll put up a thirty or forty in a game to go all right? I mean, yes, Martin, I.
Speaker 8: Thought Josh Shelby was going to set the world on fire in the NBA Summer League, and most people were saying, who you're right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, well who was it? Read with the Rockets? Oh? Read Shepherd, Yeah, read Shepherd. I'm watching him going, Man, they got a steal with Reid Shepard. He didn't even play.
Speaker 8: But then you realize most of these guys might be a rotation guy. There's not a lot of stars that play in the summer league.
Speaker 2: Yes, at best you might you might get some playing time. All right, So big Kat pft will join us. Coming up. We'll get to phone calls as well, and got a pull question for hour or two as well. Just getting started here. Glad you're with us, Dan Patrick show back after this.
Speaker 1: Fox Sports Right has the best sports talk lineup in the nation. Catch all of our shows at Foxsports Radio dot com and within the iHeartRadio app. Search FSR to listen live.
Speaker 3: Hey, what's up everybody?
Speaker 10: It's me three time pro bowler LeVar Arrington and I couldn't be more excited to announce a podcast called up on Game?
Speaker 2: What is Up on Game?
Speaker 10: You ass along with my fellow pro bowler TJ. Hutschman Zada and Super Bowl champion Yup, that's right, Plexico Buruts. You can only name a show with that type of talent on it. Up on Game We're going to be sharing our real life experiences loaded with teachable moments. Listen to Up on Game with Me LeVar Arrington, TJ. Huschman, Zada, and Plexico Burds on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcast from.
Speaker 2: Say good morning. Do those watching on Peacock hope you're enjoying the sights and sounds. It's pretty easy to make Tahoe look beautiful because Tahoe does all the heavy lifting. Gorgeous day here and are setup. We're right along the right side of the driving range and taking some strays here. We should get some odds here. You can bet on anything here if we get plunked here. I just don't want to encourage somebody to try to send one up, rattle the cage here a little bit all right? Eight seven seven three DP Show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, twitter handle at DP show. Been watching some Summer League basketball and I asked Dylan or resident gambler. He said, give me the over under for wind totals. Right now here in July, Thunder are leading the way at sixty two and a half wins. That's seven more than the next team, the Cabs at fifty five, the Rockets at fifty five and a half. Then it's the Nuggets, the Knicks, the Magic, Timberwolves, and the Lakers. The Lakers are at forty seven and a half wins. Over under the team with the fewest wins this year at least this is there. Over under is eighteen and a half wins. If you said you're Utah Jazz with Ace Bailey, you'd be correct. Then it's the Wizards, the Nets, the Hornets, the Suns, Pelicans Bowls, so kind of lumped in there around twenty five to thirty three wins.
Speaker 5: Yes, Paul, this just in on your Thunder. Chet Holmgren, the big Man. He just signed or agreed to a five year max rookie contract extension that could reach two hundred and fifty million dollars.
Speaker 2: Good for him, Good for him. I saw where the Joker declined an extension, and I think everybody started to read into this that maybe he unhappy there. He said at the end of the season he needed more help, needed more depth. But I'm looking at the numbers. The contract is even better the next year. That's why he's not signing this extension. I think he makes, you know, considerably more money by waiting a year. I don't think it signifies anything with the Denver Nuggets, but people love to speculate on them. All right, we ran into a big cat and pft. They are old friends of the show. We go back about ten years ago. I think we were. We were at the All Star Game in DC and they they wanted to come by and watch our show just to see how to do this. And now look at him. Pardon my take. Is one of the biggest podcasts sports podcasts that we have and Barstools Sports. I started out by asking the guys how they met online.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Hinge very Rayah. Actually no, we.
Speaker 4: It was we would get accused of owing each other's jokes, and we followed each other and like oh, he already said that. He already said that, and then I dm PFT. I was like, hey, like, I think you're very funny. You want to go on a date? You want to make this official?
Speaker 3: It was a broa date. Yeah.
Speaker 11: I remember we went out for beers in Chicago and then I was pulling through Chicago about a year later and Big Kat was like, come stop by the birds Nest, which is.
Speaker 2: The best wing place in Chicago.
Speaker 11: Yeah, So we stopped by there and had some beers and he kind of threw it out there. He's like, we might be getting some money at Barstool Sports to investment podcasts, like to do a podcast.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, I'm in Yeah, that was the thing. It was.
Speaker 4: I always thought PFD would be perfect at barstool and working together.
Speaker 3: I always wanted to work with him.
Speaker 4: But we're at a point in Barstool where it was eight people and we were kind of not living paycheck to paycheck, but we were still young, very small, and then we got bought by a guy named Peterchurnan, the Churning Company, and part of them buying us was to give.
Speaker 3: Us some cash move to New York hire some people. I think PFT was maybe the second or third higher when that happened. Yeah, and then it was just kind of all off from there.
Speaker 2: What was the moment? Was there an interview or a moment where you go things things just changed?
Speaker 3: Maybe Joe Buck from Joe Buck.
Speaker 11: The first time we had him on, Joe Buck was big, He had no idea who the hell we were, and we were very weird in that interview, but he seemed to like us, and uh, then you know, things would people would aggregate you after the interview. So we saw like all the headlines come out about Joe Buck, Joe Buck, and I think Joe saw a little bit of a shift online at that point where everybody hated Joe Buck before because no matter what team you root for, at some point.
Speaker 2: Joe has said something bad about your team. So you think that you perceived that he had right, yes, exactly.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so he's actually he's commented accurately about the state of your team at some point, and then you take that as a as a personal.
Speaker 3: Slight, which I still do sometimes.
Speaker 11: Joe definitely, I think he still does hate the commanders, but uh, he saw he started to see a little bit of a shift, like he got more love online. People are like, I used to hate Joe Buck, but now I think he might be likable.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Our best compliment that we get is when we have a guest on and they're like, I hated that guy, but you guys made him fun, which is kind of a backhanded compliment to the person, but yeah, it's that.
Speaker 3: And I think when ESPN suited us.
Speaker 4: Right out of the gate, because we did we did kind of take their logo and everything, but they fell for it, and they gave us a headline.
Speaker 2: But you wanted that. You knew what was going to happen.
Speaker 4: We didn't think they'd sue us, but we we obviously knew what we were doing in terms of the name and making poking fun at sports media. And then yeah, them them sending us to cease and desist in us making like I think they expected us to play by the rules of you get a cease and desist and then you know, you stop the stuff, you don't talk about it, whereas we just instantly made it.
Speaker 3: I think it was an emergency podcast, and we had Dave his dad as a lawyer.
Speaker 4: We hired him as our lawyer, and we made a whole mockery of it, and it just kind of off from there.
Speaker 11: I wrote a seasoned desist letter to ESPN demanding that they cease and desist sending us. I never thought about that, but they they got all the high priced lawyers in the world, and they didn't have the brain of a seventh grader like I do.
Speaker 3: And so it was like, okay, all right, balls in your court, chess move.
Speaker 2: We're talking to a big cat. Pft barstools sports, pardon my take the barstool van talk? Did I bring that to a close?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you killed you if we had been able to light you on fire. I think that show exists today.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, because Van Pelt was the first guy.
Speaker 3: Everyone loved it. The bosses at ESPN loved it.
Speaker 11: And then Dan Thattrick comes on, that's something about these guys.
Speaker 3: I don't really care.
Speaker 2: Are you you got canceled?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes, my god, well yeah it was.
Speaker 11: Have you ever you know, have you ever had a big cancelation of plans? I had one last week where I canceled a vacation, which sounds like it might be bad, but the second I canceled it, I felt great, I'm going to just stay at home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, enjoy my time.
Speaker 11: But when you get a TV show canceled, it's like that times one hundred. It's like you don't have to do all that work anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it would have It would have been bad. It wouldn't have been sustainable. It was. It was a really good lesson in that if.
Speaker 4: You know, a lot of people will be like, oh yeah, if you get to know, keep asking, keep asking. The process of getting the show on ESPN was very like it was like nine months, a ton of lawyers, a ton of back and forth where they didn't really they weren't bought in, but there was a couple of people who had our back and wanted us to try it. But we should have realized at that moment, like they're not going to defend us when when things go awry.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked that they got into business. That's where somebody goes, man, I hear, these guys are popular, let's get in business with them, not realizing what made you popular?
Speaker 3: Right, And the funny thing is now ESPN.
Speaker 4: I mean Pat McFee is a friend of ours who's like so entertaining and so talented. I think ESPN's changed where that was. If it were today, they probably had a lot more of an appetite.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, So you guys have a big announcement. Yes, the source is close to me. Tell me by the way, I worried about the show when your third guest ever was Paully.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's true, that's true. Big third episode. Do you remember what we talked about?
Speaker 5: Oh man, I remember getting a call during dinner and big cacos.
Speaker 2: What are you doing right now?
Speaker 6: Nothing?
Speaker 1: Not nothing?
Speaker 6: You're about to join the show?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we we.
Speaker 4: Some of the early interviews were tough, where it was just we were just digging for all of our friends.
Speaker 3: I think I was exhausting all of our friends.
Speaker 4: I think it went Chris Long, but Monti Jones, Chris Long and then Paul and I was like, all right, we don't have any more friends.
Speaker 11: I think we went Martin Scrilly, the farmer broke and then we're like, who else?
Speaker 3: I guess we could Yeah.
Speaker 4: Good company, but appreciate it because we would I had a guest we I yeah, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: So the big announcement is Yes, announcement.
Speaker 4: Massive announcement, exclusive to Dan Patrick show. We are writing a book, The two Dumbest Guys in the World.
Speaker 3: We're going to write a book. We find that the title.
Speaker 11: Yeah, yeah, that's not a bad idea. The two dumbest guys in the world wrote a book. Yeah, we've been asked to write a thank you.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of work.
Speaker 4: By the way, just we just talked about how great it is to cancel plans, So there's a very good chance don't write this book. But we've been asked to write a book a bunch of times. We've gotten to the meeting point talking about it, and then finally this year we're like, you know what, we're about to hit ten years. You know, we've been very successful, very blessed. I think it's it's a cool story that we've you know, a lot of partnerships don't stay that long. So we're going to write a ten year kind of the history of pardon my take, and a lot of stupid stuff in there as well.
Speaker 3: We actually had a meeting.
Speaker 4: We hired a ghostwriter, and our first question to the ghostwriter was like, hey, you got to be ready, Like, we're going to do a chapter where we interview you, which.
Speaker 11: I don't think you're supposed to do with ghostwriters, but we're also going to have the ghostwriter write that chapter.
Speaker 3: We have to interview him, and then he's he has to.
Speaker 11: Interview us and ask us how the interview went, and then we'll explain.
Speaker 2: This sounds like a cease and desist sending as to tell you about the season.
Speaker 11: Okay, but yeah, I mean we're if there's anything you know about me and Biquet, we're voracious readers.
Speaker 3: We can't we can't see the title from the guys who don't read. I can't put those things down, those books. Yeah, there will be an audiobook for those of you who like to listen to it.
Speaker 4: By the way, the reason why we're announcing it here on your show is that you do have to write a chapter for us.
Speaker 3: We're going to farm out most.
Speaker 2: Of this book. Okay, what constitutes a chapter.
Speaker 3: It could be as many words as you want. We don't care. We're going to double space the whole thing. Yeah, indense.
Speaker 2: Can I just put a bunch of pictures of ILFs?
Speaker 11: Absolutely, we're big readers, huge, huge font We're just trying to get to that like two fifty page number.
Speaker 3: So what we get there.
Speaker 4: I don't know what it's gonna end up being, but it is going to be real, like the ghostwriter. So we're going to write a lot of the book the ghostwriters. How we're gonna do it is it's going to be year by year. So the year history is going to be us being interviewed by the ghostwriter, and then in between we'll have some of our friends. We'll write some chapters, some stupid stuff. It's going to be barely readable. There will be tons of pictures.
Speaker 11: We were actually talking about putting like a word in there, like basically make the entire book out of the back of cereal boxes. That's kind of what we're going for. Yeah, but we're we're gonna have a chapter. I think Hank's gonna write a chapter for us, but he can't he can't use autocorrect. Yeah, we're not gonna edit. It's just gonna it's just gonna be.
Speaker 2: What do like serial killer chapter and then just have the you know, the font being all of what a serial killer?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Or cut out of magazine.
Speaker 11: I mean, my my favorite author probably Brett Farv A lot of pictures, a lot of pictures, mostly text. Keep it short, yeah, don't say Brett and pictures, Yeah, don't say that. Yeah, but no, we're we're excited to do I think it's gonna be a fun, new, fun new thing.
Speaker 2: That they'll make a movie out of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, probably not, but yeah, sure.
Speaker 4: The uh it's gonna be fun though, because we're gonna go down memory lane, like there's a lot of stories that we probably haven't told, you know, getting more into depth about the whole ESPN barsool Van talk, how close we were to possibly leaving and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: So I think it's going to be interesting, and.
Speaker 4: It's something that we didn't want to write a book just to be like, hey, here's a book. But ten years does feel somewhat monumental in this business.
Speaker 11: And we've got Hank going through the archives right now of all the old pictures. He's got an extensive blackmail file of pictures like never before seen. The ones that you've seen Hank put out. They can be very bad pictures of us, but he's got tons of them. News of me, Yeah, just.
Speaker 3: Bad, So he does.
Speaker 4: We had George Brett and we we did a terrible I think if you guys remember we had Mark Schlert on the first time and.
Speaker 3: We pet our pants, which it is very good. That was a big moment. Big cat pete his pants. I tried, but I.
Speaker 4: So then we had George brett On and we're like, oh, what's he famous for?
Speaker 3: Oh, pooping his pants?
Speaker 4: So we got diapers and we put chili down our pants didn't really land the same way, but anyway, we had the whole bathroom wired with GoPros and after we finished, I went to clean up.
Speaker 3: And stripped nude, not realizing the GoPro was.
Speaker 4: On the entire time, and Hank afterwards was like, I have all this footage, Like all right, well, yeah, all this.
Speaker 11: Footage, so yeah, maybe we'll put yeah Big Cat's nudes. That'll be a big selling point. But yeah, a lot of there will be a lot of pictures. But I think we're gonna take parts of it seriously too, where people after some of the story of behind the scenes, some stories they haven't heard before.
Speaker 3: So it's gonna be a fun challenge.
Speaker 2: I think you could do the Fabio pose on the cover with your hair flowing like that, holding Big Cat in your arms.
Speaker 3: Fabio when he got hit by the burger.
Speaker 2: Right in the forehead. Yeah, yeah, you can do them. Well, round of applause. They've done it. You know, the odds were against him ten years Congratulations guy, Thank you.
Speaker 4: And also congratulations by the way, on the Sports Emmy, we didn't win nomination.
Speaker 3: Sorry.
Speaker 4: I want you guys to win so bad because it would have been the funniest thing if you won the year after mclove and left.
Speaker 3: I wanted that so so bad.
Speaker 2: It's better for our business if we don't.
Speaker 3: Want Yeah, maybe it's something maybe like well.
Speaker 2: Like the worst thing to happen to the Cubs is they won the World Yeah, you know, that's one way to look at her the Cubs.
Speaker 3: But are you what year you in your retirement tour? You're doing like a seven year?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: No, it's k of media.
Speaker 2: No, No, I gave a four year Okay, okay, now it's two and a half. Two and a half to go.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, okay, two and a half to go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't exaggerate, you know, do you guys want to announce your retirement here on the show?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How many years?
Speaker 3: I think I have ten to fifteen? That sounds about real.
Speaker 2: I gave it. I gave four years and boom, four years.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 11: If we ever, if there's every year where we have like the Cubs win the World Series, the Commanders win the Super Bowl, the Caps win the Stanley Cup and the Bulls win the NBA Championship.
Speaker 3: I think I think.
Speaker 11: People, well, there's so I was gonna say, we'll retired at that point, we're saying that's never ever, ever gonna happen. But yeah, there's a little bit of truth of that where people love to hear us lose, and being from DC and Chicago, Uh, there's a lot of lose, a lot of fodder.
Speaker 3: Out there yet. But I don't really want to. I think we could do this for as long as people listen, you know.
Speaker 4: I think there will be a point where we become the old men, which will suck in its own right. But uh, if people are listening, we have the best job in the world, why would you stop doing that?
Speaker 2: Got emotional there, got sentimental all right O, PFT, Big Cat, congratulations on the book and thanks for joining us.
Speaker 1: Be sure to catch the live edition of The Dan Patrick Show weekdays at nine am Eastern six am Pacific on Fox Sports Radio and the iHeartRadio WAPP.
Speaker 2: We will give you our best and worst of the weekend. But thanks to Big Cat and PFT from Barstool stop By, they're going to write a book they don't read them, they write, Yeah, yeah, that's good, all right. I don't know if I want to do a chapter, but I don't know what constitutes a chapter. How many page is a chapter? Because if I could do maybe one page, then maybe I do that, But I don't know. It feels like it's is it double digits to constitute a chapter? Yes, maybe somebody, a literary agent could help us. Yes, Paul, would.
Speaker 5: You like us me or all of us to work on a book for the end of this show? Because no, no, and we could drop it the day after we do our last show.
Speaker 6: Because there are some stories that have some good backstories.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but some stories, you know, I've got some great stories that I'll never tell.
Speaker 5: I think there's some that are kind of in between, where more so the backstory of something that happened or other things that maybe weren't seen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't want to hit and run, because if you do write a book and you're going to put stuff out there, then I should be present, h you know, and be held accountable for something like that. But I don't want to do I don't want to write a book with the stories. I think the last day we've talked about that we might share some of the stories that we have hinted about. We haven't used names, and maybe we do that, but even then, I just I don't know. Seems like a hit and run type thing. Yeah, let me get a couple of phone calls in here. Let's see Sean and Daytona Beach. Hi, Sean, thanks for holding What's on your Mind?
Speaker 12: Dan, thanks for calling me back as the best scripted show in sports talk. I do appreciate that all the way from Tahoe. Thank you as of this morning one eighty eight six foot. Now, I have a question, since you guys are in Tahoe, okay, how are you going to handle a viewing party for Family Feud? And will Fritzy be on a zoom call so everyone can enjoy it with him.
Speaker 2: I don't know what Fritzy's availability is because the Family Feud tomorrow night is at five o'clock local for us here in Tahoe. We're going to have a viewing party. I don't know if Fritzy is going to zoom in. I hope he does, but I don't know time wise what time will it be in London? But are they seven six hours seven hours ahead of us?
Speaker 6: He would be eight hours ahead of what our viewing party.
Speaker 2: So that'd be five in the afternoon, and Fritzy, well, Fritzi doesn't sleep that well anyway, Maybe what is that one am? Yeah, okay, maybe we get him to do a cameo there. But yeah, we're gonna we're gonna hold a viewing party here in Tallahoe.
Speaker 7: Maybe since it's almost four o'clock there now, maybe it'll start airing in London oh way earlier than it does here, so Todd will actually get it out of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so and thank you Sean. Yes, there is a the Celebrity Family Feud that we recorded a couple of months ago. It will air tomorrow night with Steve Harvey and Company Celebrity Family Feud.
Speaker 7: Yes see, there is an answer from that that I whiffed on that I am still oh, I'm really I'm still beating myself up over it, and that it's the one thing that I'm like when we're watching and I'm like, God, I wish there was a way they could cut that, cause I just it was I didn't give a bad answer, but the one that I should have gotten was so obvious and I missed it, and it really it didn't help us out, and it really bugs the crap out of me. I have a moment that I'm still grinding over as well. I think we all sort of had that oh god, that moment. But once again, I thought that Marvin and Fritzie they represented well. I think you guys stood out. I thought you guys were really entertaining. And once again, I'm not going to give any results here, but I was proud there was content there.
Speaker 2: And that's what I told the dan Ants. I go, hey, content, even if we're bad, be really really good at being bad, be entertaining. And Fritzie and Marvin I thought, did a wonderful job.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And I don't know about Fritzy's wardrobe, but the Curious Drawer shirt was just not it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I don't easy he wore that Sports Jeopardy I think so. I think he's gone to that well a couple of times there. All right, let me see a couple more phone calls in here. Uh Dylan in Orlando, Hi, Dyl, what's on your mind?
Speaker 9: Hey day, Good morning to you and the guys. I heard on the radio up a little bit there that you had an idea that you were lacking for your Meat Friday. Yea, so I was thinking, why not have a meat Friday menu based upon your advertisement. You could have some Panini America, sandwiche, a tire rack of rib and some grid make shark pipe. Thank you guys, God bless you.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, thank you dyl Yeah. I said to PAULI, who usually handles the menu, I'm like, hey, what about a meat Friday. He goes, oh, but you know we're on at six am out here. We'd be having meat Friday at about you know, eight forty five. And Seaton goes, hey, you don't have to have it at lunch to have a meat Friday and said, all right, yes, just for lunch. Yeah, So what we can do for meat Friday.
Speaker 7: That's our new tagline for the breakfast edition. What is meat Friday? It's not just for lunch.
Speaker 2: Okay, I like it. Yeah, yes, Paul.
Speaker 5: It's like being at the airport and it's eight forty five in the morning and you go and get a double cheeseburger, or it's eight seventeen in the morning and you see the bar and there's four having beers.
Speaker 6: There's no rules at the airport, but.
Speaker 2: Also there are people who need to have a drink before they get on a plane. So I think there are people who it calms them down to have a couple, but it's it's like eight fifteen and you're going no, and you know you're bellying up to the bar. Now granted I've done that before, but you're like a couple of beers in and then you get on the plane and like this won't end well. All right, best and worst of the weekend, Marvin, I'm going to start with you, all.
Speaker 8: Right, I got two best. First best the Toronto Blue Jays ten Street.
Speaker 2: Okay, you believe in them.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've always believed in them.
Speaker 8: I know you believe in the logo you the best logo was okay, the best logo in Major League Baseball?
Speaker 2: Okay. How many players can you name on the Blue Jays? George Springer, he went to Connecticut, he did Boba Shar Okay, vlad Guerrero Junior. The third, Joe Carter, Otis Nixon. I'm gonna give it, Okay, I'll give you. You got three of them, all right, thank you?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 8: And your other best, other best, your favorite NBA player Paolo Bank. He got hey five years two hundred thirty nine million dollars and that can go up to two hundred and eighty seven million dollars if he makes an All NBA team or wins MVP.
Speaker 2: Do you realize that Joker turning down this contract extension, he is going to make eighty million dollars a year Like he's He's gonna be up there with Shay Gilgis. They're gonna be the eighty million dollars a year. Guys. But I think Joker with this after next year, I think that he'd probably make at some point eighty million dollars a year. Seat and best and worst of the weekend.
Speaker 7: Well, my best of the week is celebrity family feud airing. The worst of the week is that, after looking it up yesterday and seeing that it was on at five pm Pacific, today I've googled the same thing and it is on at eight pm Pacific.
Speaker 2: Is it both?
Speaker 7: I don't think so. I think it's only on one.
Speaker 2: See, I thought that it would be at eight o'clock everywhere.
Speaker 7: I thought it would be at eight o'clock everywhere too, And then I google it and they said no, five o'clock Pacific.
Speaker 2: And now I just.
Speaker 7: Looked it up and it says eight pm Pacific.
Speaker 2: Okay, I's going to mess up our Yeah it is. Yes, I might not be awake for the viewing viewing party, might be everybody in their own rooms.
Speaker 7: Yeah yeah, Hey, that's cool.
Speaker 2: Pauli best and worst.
Speaker 6: I just have one best of the weekend. This just came through on the twitters.
Speaker 5: The Washington Commanders announced that they're bringing back their eighties uniforms in the rotation next year. Not every game, but a couple games next year. The eighties John Riggins style uniforms.
Speaker 2: Alrighty Joe Buck will join us and the Rams wide receiver DeVante Adams. Two Hours in the books here at Lake Tahoe, Final Hour in this Wednesday, just ahead, Pauli's hear seat and Marv Yours truly in the back room guys as well. Final Hour straight ahead, Dan Patrick Show