Speaker 1: What's up And welcome back to another episode of No Sealers Podcast with your hosts Now fuck that with your load glasses Malone.
Speaker 2: So my sole vote just pushed them into the office. Hum, that's some cold stuff.
Speaker 3: Doesn't help when you register to vote in fifty states either and a mail and mail forwarding system.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm starting to believe that they did that. There was some collusion when it came back. That was pretty weird.
Speaker 4: You think.
Speaker 2: That was pretty They made sure his ass wasn't getting the office no more.
Speaker 5: This is all your fucking fault, man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no it's not. I'm asking.
Speaker 5: You are the problem, bro.
Speaker 1: It's people who be emotionally into all of these situations that make it tough. Like you be thinking with your emotions, you don't be thinking logically. Look, I don't know who is a better candidate for the presidency, Trump or Biden, right, Because at the end of the day, like if I voted individually right, it'll probably come down the money in taxes. That would be the main thing, because I don't have no faith and nothing other when it comes to them type of white folks at that level doing the right thing for black people, everything would have to be like a trickle down kind of theory for black people in this country to benefit, right, trickle down. I'm not voting for white women to get some shit, and then this what do you call them? This minority group and this, and we at the very bottom. So to me, if I voted independently, it would be probably tax reasons right where I make money at that's to me what politics is about. The second thing would probably be nothing, What the fuck difference do the president make? Like what the fuck the president may America is committed to war because that's the business.
Speaker 5: It's seeing.
Speaker 1: It's always in the war business, what I'm saying. So at that point it didn't make sense to me. It just becomes entertainment.
Speaker 2: Well, Peter, you may be able to help me out with this. One of the original reasons for taxation word was for times of war, right my correct income text income texts, Well.
Speaker 4: Income tax was relatively recent.
Speaker 3: Most everything was really a transactional tax, tariff based stuff and all that kind of thing, you know, originally just to do basic minimum stuff. Income tax happened what like twenty first or twentieth century, I mean, and I think that was sort of cloaked and whatever they wanted to call it.
Speaker 2: Well, from what I remember reading that, I think one of the either world World War two maybe belief so that it was put in a place to subsidize the military. And it seems like the America has managed to keep themselves in the state of war somewhere around the world every every month since then.
Speaker 5: I always want to get on World War One?
Speaker 1: Why do you always want to get on those ceilings because and try to have these conversations about fucking America or something that's gonna piss somebody off.
Speaker 2: Oh no, but we can go. It's your show, bro. I was just asking Peter a questions.
Speaker 1: I'm asking a legit question, Like when y'all don't gainst the chronicles, y'all be talking about rap shit and rap shit and rap shit. You get on this motherfucker. We got to scrap one podcast, then we come on another podcast, and now you want to talk about taxes and ship and all of that.
Speaker 5: Why you want to come over here.
Speaker 1: Don't come over this motherfucking try to sound intelligent. Oh round, you could be the same ignorant on the gates of chronicles. Don't come over here with our ship. Try to be intelligence. Big bro, just come over here with that bullshit.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got you. Then, well, you don't want to break the conversation.
Speaker 5: I was just fun I didn't bring the conversation up. We don't. You know it's funny.
Speaker 4: He was making conversations about blame.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what I do. Want to talk about the funniest stuff in the world. Happened Saturday. Man, That tickled me so much. Man, Maria and Jasmine was cracking up bad. She had to rescue a wild goat. Hum hm. A goat got escaped this cage at the party. We was at his niece's your niece, right, gee, yes, we was at his niece's birthday party and it was a cowboy theme, so they had horses. It's actually pretty cool, goats, sheep outside, chickens. It was just it was pretty live anyway. One of the goats escaped this cage, right, and that other goat just went ape. Shit was out there bad, like calling the other got bad, bad bad. And you should have saw that goat out there juking that lady. Man, that was the funny. She hit that lady with a stutter step.
Speaker 5: Man. So we're gonna do a whole podcast about little goats.
Speaker 2: Oh no, it was just funny because Glasses was so calm, like, hold on, stop, you know, Glasses just think you know how to handle every situation just appropriately. He wound up getting the goat and throwing it back over the fence. You know, if somebody would have saw that, man, everybody is so worried about animal rights. If somebody would have saw you throw that goat over that fence, man, you'd probably be banning right now today.
Speaker 4: All right now, send the new link.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: He didn't throw it over the gate. He picked it up and put it over the gate. But people are so sensitive nowadays about stuff like that. They just think you should have just let the goat just keep running wild.
Speaker 4: I thought you were gonna say, you know, how were you scared? Goats a lot? They just tip over.
Speaker 3: I actually gonna say Glasses fired around off of the goat, just dunk like like frozen.
Speaker 2: Fear of the you knowxt thing. Actually, Glasses was the hero of that day.
Speaker 5: Called Drakes fan based Peter. That's my new name for Drake's fan base. Peter. You're always protecting the owls. Check the owl Peter.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: No, it's just weird because I was thinking about what do we do on this podcast, and I think the only thing I kept coming up with was to do a podcast about why we had to replace the original podcast.
Speaker 3: Isn't that kinna just turned into the same podcast all over again?
Speaker 5: Though I was thinking about that, it wouldn't. We don't have to.
Speaker 1: That's the thing that makes it really dope, and it markets o this podcast, the podcast that shall not be named, you know what I'm saying, So like that podcast, I was thinking, we should do this podcast about the podcast that we have to scratch because still fucked up. Okay, so we don't have to talk about why we have to scrap it. We have to talk about why the fuck still felt compelled? Like when these mics, Why is it when motherfuckers get these mics in front of them, they just lose their mind and just start saying all kind of silly.
Speaker 5: Shit, Like they don't realize this shit has.
Speaker 1: Ramification, and it's happening in all podcast spaces, Like you'll see somebody say some ship.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Live streams pod is like you put a mic in front of a motherfucker and they just turn into satan.
Speaker 2: No, you know what I'm thinking of you, bro. I think sometimes you say things and you don't you're not really thinking about what you're saying at the time and who could possibly impact.
Speaker 1: So why the hell would you not be thinking about that? Still, if you're talking like.
Speaker 3: You're a veteran podcaster, so your audience conscious, you know, you're not a guest, you know.
Speaker 5: Like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, a great point. Yeah, you know I should definitely know better, and I should hold myself accountable what I did.
Speaker 5: No, you didn't us accountable.
Speaker 4: You held our show accountable.
Speaker 2: No, that's why I'm here with y'all today. You know, y'all, I'm y'all number one supporter.
Speaker 4: You are a most frequently recurring guest.
Speaker 5: You definitely are well.
Speaker 1: I feel like still is the reason I do podcasts Still one, Charlotmagne two. That's the only reason I do pop. I don't really like there's this belief. Let me let y'all in on the secret. This gonna sound crazy to anybody who knows me, and I understand why I really don't like talking, Like you have to really know me, if you really have to know me to know that. Most people think I like talking because I have something to say sometimes or often I don't like talking. When me and Still on the phone, Still is doing all of the talking. For the most part, I'm listening and taking mental notes. When me and Peters talking, I'm always kind of getting to my point and getting off his fucking phone. I'm never dragging the conversation. So to me, people who really know me know that I don't like talking. But I think the world see me in these interviews, and you know, they don't realize I understand why I have to talk, right, but I hate talking like I hate talking, Like some of this shit should not have to be said. Why the fuck am I talking? So I just would like to know why is it went well? First off, No Ceilings gl my man, Pete in the spot, my big brother Still. We doing another fucking podcast because Still fucked up the last podcast.
Speaker 5: It was a really great podcast.
Speaker 1: We had Pete on, we had Still on, we had Brett red. It was like a whole no because they went all the way over there. They never come in exactly, and we had like a whole No Ceilings family podcast and y'all can fucking think Stell he fucked it up talking shit. So I'm just trying to figure out, like I saw a podcast today that I sent to Pete, Britt and Red in our little group DM and the pod was about like it was a dude just sitting up there talking shit about women, and I'm like, I'm so tired of niggas making podcasts talking shit about girls. Oh what does she bring to the table besides pussy?
Speaker 2: Bro?
Speaker 1: Stop saying that. Like I started, I swear on Olivia's soul. Bro, I started to go in that man's comments and say, well, fuck with a nigga. Bro, stop talking about girls on your pocket like it's one thing for us. We have nuanced conversations because about women. Right, We'll go into a lot of different thoughts. We never take the shallow rout of oh, you know, women expect you to buy everything and then they.
Speaker 5: Just think they can give you put Bro, what are we doing here?
Speaker 1: Like, if all of you men hate women so bad, bro, get a dick, Go fuck a man, like the fuck. If you think men are so much cooler, you know what I'm saying, then go get you a man, because I think that's the point.
Speaker 5: I think you just don't know you like men.
Speaker 2: Or just was kind of crazy man, because a man is spending most of his free time chasing a woman, but then he'll spend the other half of this time critiquing him in every way, yeah.
Speaker 4: Or complaining when he got her.
Speaker 3: It'd be like me spending all my money to go hunt Elk, bag and elk bring back the Elk costs one thousand some dollars to go through all that shit, and then I finally get it and just can play God, this son of a bitch Elk is so fucking heavy.
Speaker 4: Why did I come up here and do all this bullshit?
Speaker 2: You know what? I think the biggest thing. I think the biggest thing, and it's gonna sound crazy and lane, but I think it all comes down to communication. I think that's as men sometimes really have a difficult time communicating with women.
Speaker 1: I don't know if an issue of community. I think we did a pod and I explain this to y'all. See when we talk about women on those sellers, me and Peter Dogg or even me and the girls like I have came to the conclusion that we are we bear the ultimate mass of the responsibility. That's not to say women don't have no responsibility, but like Pete has said and coined on this podcast, women Living in the world where there's no consequence, there's no accountability. But it's also because we live in this Page York on society that just it makes sense. It's nothing personal, it's just how it go. So you can't hold women to the same standards. It's like I was telling you, what's going on with you, big bro? It's like, bro, like, what are you doing? Like are you thinking this motherfucker is going to admit that they're wrong? Nigga, what the fuck are you doing?
Speaker 2: Like? You what?
Speaker 5: Come on?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: You've been dealing with women twice as long as me, and I know I know better, So I know you know better. You think a woman gonna look in the mirror and say to themselves, now what I messed up?
Speaker 5: That ain't never happened?
Speaker 2: Still nothing the whole time I've been married, and I've been married for thirty.
Speaker 5: You know what to marry years mineus the marriage your mother, Yo, Ma could be wrong. It's two left shoes. She barely gonna rub you and be like you know what, Uh, Troy, I'm so I screwed up. No, she's not. She's gonna do something you like as in a sign of an apology.
Speaker 2: She I'm gonna tell you something, I probably got the greatest and most patient step there in the world. Good dude. I've seen my mama actually antagonize that man talk mess and then when I tell her, Mom, leave that man alone, she'd tell me to shut up. A mama own business.
Speaker 1: Here, Like she was showing you, she is preparing you for the way of the world. She was preparing you. She knew watching his Star Wars.
Speaker 2: A man that are watching Star Trek, you know they watch Star Trek like they just to rerun the star track. He'd be sitting there so peaceful, and she would just go in on him about something and he'd be sitting there, drinking his coffee and just being just as nice as mild manner. And I just look at her antagonize this man and say, Mama, why are you bothering him? Oh, that don't bother him. You be quiet of mind your own business.
Speaker 1: That's just how it go, and there's nothing wrong with it. But it's just weird when I see these guys with these podcasts.
Speaker 5: And they'd be like, when you bring just about shut up, shut the fuck up, Shut the fuck up.
Speaker 2: You know what the meals bro. A lot of podcasts is or you know, gee, we actually put a lot of time into what we're doing. I think people think this stuff is easy. Sometimes. I think we take time into thinking that when we go talk about I know, I actually have show notes and have a like a thing what we want to talk about. I think people just going here and just run their mouths sometimes.
Speaker 3: Man, I think that there's a lot of Drake style podcasters in the sense that they just go and what's the top trending topic on Twitter or amongst podcasts, and let me just give my shtick about that. And like, as a comedian, it's very parallel to go into a lot of comedy shows and you just see whoever the hot comedian is. Believe me, you're gonna see six upstart opener, shitthead idiot comedians trying to do a knockoff version of Kevin Hart or before that it was a knockoff version of Martin or whatever, the same fucking goddamn jokes. Like that was the one thing I didn't like about original kings of comedy. Everybody had a Titanic joke. It was the same joke, and you guys are at the same fucking stage, but you get kind of this, it's cheaper.
Speaker 4: And easier to copy.
Speaker 3: The guy Who's right, it's easier to make Pepsi than it is to invent a goddamn whole.
Speaker 5: New drink Coca Cola. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So one thing being this is our fourth season, and I know we're gonna have a fifth season. I think I've always went out of my way to make sure we don't turn into.
Speaker 5: A gossip show, like a gossip type of podcast.
Speaker 1: Like I'm not mad at that because right now I'm talking, it's still about kind of creating that for Friday and Monday, where you know, Monday we could talk about everything that happened you No, so Friday we could talk about everything that happened through the week, and Monday we could talk about everything that's supposed to happen during the week and.
Speaker 2: Fun that it's gotchap Bruck think we're kind of delivering news.
Speaker 1: Well, no, because it's the idea that I have to that. The idea I have for that is it is a gossip. It's based on the news. But like, right, there's a woman who how I say this is a woman who reads us the news and it's five of us trying to give an our opinion on the news. So it is a gossip show, and that's fine. I'm not knocking a gossip show. Men need of you, men, need of you. You know, men of America need their own version of the view, right. But I'm saying, you know what it is like she shit, the woman should be reporting the news to us, and then we're giving our opinion on the news. But that shit start being something that's happening every day. The reason I don't like that on those ceilings, like when you always ask me to talk about what's going on currently, I'm like, because somebody may hear this podcast. You know, this could be six days away from the news, and it's like it's just like Pete saying, the joke becomes redundant, the content becomes redundant.
Speaker 5: I don't want to.
Speaker 1: Base this off of my personality being so swell everybody wants my opinion on it, because there are certain things that happened that I know people care about my opinion on. But I also try to wrap the conversation in something that's you know, like it could be bury treasure. You could find it, you know, twenty years from now, and it's still like a bury treasure. It's even more priceless than it was when we first recorded the podcast.
Speaker 3: I have an idea for that, like we should we could call that sequence of the show the jump in, because everyone from our podcast crew was presented a new topic and we all just beat the shit out of it.
Speaker 5: That's what I was saying.
Speaker 1: Like, so, but that's to me what the DSB news should be, the Digital Soapbox new or ds and news should be.
Speaker 5: It should be a Friday around the Horn.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Friday where we talked exactly like maybe an octagon, the girl in the middle, an octagon, somebody the top, left, right, and we're just talking about that specific factor of the news. Friday should be about what's happened during the week, and Monday should be about the Monday news rights should be about what's prepared to happen during the week or what happened over the weekend, and then everything for Monday going into Friday, like the conversation ahead time.
Speaker 2: I like that as a departure from what we normally do because you made a key point earlier. Most of the times when we do our podcast, they can't be based on current events because we would always be behind the news cycle. Kind of so we always have to have like really kind of evergreen subject matter when we do our podcast, to where whether it's a person that here's our podcast for the first time a year from now or they here tomorrow is kind of makes sense, you feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we have to move to develop a show for DSN that's a news based show that's daily. I think we I couldn't get planning them to understand they roll in that, I couldn't get derailing them to understand their role in that as a live streaming program like bro, y'all need to be really trying to work towards doing.
Speaker 5: This every day.
Speaker 1: They looked at me crazy, and I'm like, Okay, well, if y'all, if the Homie's not gonna do it, shit, we'll do it ourselves. We'll make our own new show. They don't want to be over committed. I'm like, well, let's commit. So we'll start two days a week, right, and then as we get the first sign of good business happening, and we'll schedule this motherfucker Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. People need a hip hop perspective on the news.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, And I think that's where Joe Buttons and Academics and those guys did a good job. What was the show the Complex had?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but even then that was once every week or two weeks or something.
Speaker 2: But no, I think they might have came on like a couple of times out of the week.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I'm talking about every fucking day.
Speaker 2: I think it could be things GC. What the problem is. It doesn't have to be an hour loan thing. It can be a thirty minute thing every day, thirty minutes, thirty forty minutes, you know, And I think if you do that, man, you it can become the source, you know, the source of all the information for people in our community.
Speaker 5: Sure, but that.
Speaker 2: News right now is not catered towards us. It's like it doesn't talk about stuff really it's important to us, to be honest with you, Well, it.
Speaker 1: Is news in the sense because whoever we choose as the woman in the center would be reading the consistent news. But it becomes more of our of hip hop's take on the news right how we see it, and us talking about what's going on in our world or things that matter to our world.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. That's the catch and it's nothing wrong.
Speaker 1: If we devote an hour to it every day, some days it should go three hours.
Speaker 5: Listen, if you're.
Speaker 1: Asking people to finance your ability to sit around and talk, sit around and talk.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you that these problem meals and me and you, I can say you too, because we've kind of been in this, Peter too. We've been doing this when it wasn't part. We've been doing this before it became FOP. I think people look at it now as a money grab, like it's a money grab. You can't look at this as a money grab. I really believe that you have to enjoy podcasting in order to do this, even once a week, it's a lot.
Speaker 1: What's funny is I struggle to really enjoy podcasting right because to me, like I don't like selling the business of idea, Like I don't want to always find myself on one exact like life has nuances, you know what I mean. I don't always want to take like if somebody snitched, like it could be nuances to it. So I don't want to have to sell a gangsteris lifestyle where if it looked like it's snitch and I need to be on the other end of it, I would like to investigate the thought and to me, that's always been a setback in my career. Like there's a level of like I deal with everything for real, I'm not selling people an image that I don't understand. I understand what it's like to really be a crip or a gang member and the nuances of it from all of my older homies and the people that I look up to that came before me, and the coaching kind of why I would.
Speaker 3: Think that like podcasting would benefit you because it's not confined to a short finite you know, headline piece of a couple of minutes.
Speaker 4: You actually have the opportunity in.
Speaker 3: A long form hour to dive into nuance and to dive into devil's advocacy and counter narratives and perspectives and things like that.
Speaker 1: And see that's not and to me, like, I don't think that's what I try to do as a human. Like that there was I remember still was going through the pace calling me a contrarian. I'm like, I'm not really a contrarian. Like my problem is, I'm just sober all the time, and I listen all the time.
Speaker 5: I'm listening to you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I think like if it's pretty obvious.
Speaker 3: I mean, you've opened the show saying you don't like to talk, So you are perceived as a contrarian by listeners because you sit around listening, and you get pushed to a point where it becomes you become compelled to talk when everybody else in the rooms saying the same stupid shit, and you gotta correct it.
Speaker 4: And now you're a contrier because I.
Speaker 3: Repeat the echo chamber all day to the other interest saying, but when it gets to a point where you have to speak up, it's now no longer optional.
Speaker 4: Oh he's a contrarian.
Speaker 1: Say that thing then, and I'm not going to rupt you. That's exactly my plot. That's been my problem in life since I was four. The whole thing again, what happened?
Speaker 4: Take it from the top.
Speaker 3: So we opened the show with Glasses saying that he doesn't like talking, and therefore he doesn't do a lot of it. So if he's in a room and everybody's stating the obvious back and forth in a circular jerk echo chamber, he'll just sit there until he gets to a point where the most important.
Speaker 4: Fact that they're all missing has to be addressed.
Speaker 3: So he then becomes compelled to speak, and he speaks in a way to say the opposite of everybody else is saying, when they're always feeding off each other incorrectly. And then therefore, because he chooses only to speak up when it's a buddly necessary because of his dislikee for talking, he becomes perceived thereby as an as a contrary exactly.
Speaker 1: And I was so irritated because I'll be like, I'll be trying my best, bro, I'll be like, all right, don't.
Speaker 5: Get involved in that.
Speaker 1: Don't get involved in that, and they'll just keep saying some bullshit and it's like telephone because they go from bullshit level one to bushit level twelve. Yeah, and it just be bushit on top of bus shit on top of bullshit. Man, just be saying it like a motherfucker. Was on Twitter like, yeah, you know Drake, would you know? He said, do you want to fight? And like ten people said this. Drake said, you know, if he you know, la dudes, y'all West Coast, y'all run phades, and he would run his fade. I'm like, bro, Like it took ten tweets and finally it happened, Bro, Buff slapped the shit.
Speaker 5: Out of him.
Speaker 1: This dude pissed on him. He is not the guy running Phades. And now everybody's fucking mad at me. And it's like, y'all like, y'all don't know this motherfucker and got bullied and shit and fucked over and he talking about.
Speaker 5: Fighting and y'all actually believe in this shit.
Speaker 1: And then I'll just be right there and guess what now, I'm public asshole number one.
Speaker 5: Story of my life. My dad and them would be saying some shit and I'd.
Speaker 1: Be like, like, people think I like Trump to to fucking like just to be different. I'm like, bro, I don't fucking care. I'm telling you who's entertaining. I have zero faith in the person that runs this country. There has not been a president who has done anything great for black people since Abraham Lincoln. I'm not saying other presidents having done things, but they do it for minorities. That means we at the back end of that, the last president in this country who did something for black people, what was fucking Abraham Lincoln?
Speaker 2: You know what? And I really feel like this, gee, I think a lot of times, especially with the conversations that we have on our downtime. I don't think those conversations could ever be public because I think we're actually a lot more intelligent than every motherfucker that's out there just talking, just running their months. A lot of people out here just talking just to be talking.
Speaker 5: I hope, man.
Speaker 2: I would say so, man, because if you look at some of these guys, especially and not that you know, be the digging horse, but going back to the thing with dot No Boy from Canada, right, just to hear some of these different people's perspectives on it, it was just so personal, and I would tell people it's not that damn serious.
Speaker 3: The only way that I think that they're smart is at that low level of well, I can assess the audience in the room. So I'm just going to say the thing that stirs them up the most because it benefits me the most. But as far as like robustly intellectual.
Speaker 2: No, well, some of these people have really I think a lot of people, man, the thing we're not looking at a lot of these people have mental problems. I saw a lady that had maybe, and you see these accounts that have like four followers maybe and they're following six thousand people. But they're just literally if you look at their page, they just talking mess to everybody. It's like almost they want to be heard, so they go say the most just acid nine shit. Ever, they don't care what they say. I saw some lady say that, oh your career. You get these people talking about Glasses career, and he's probably more accomplished than ninety eight percent of the people on this planet. Right, this man actually makes a living doing something he loves, right, which is very difficult to accomplish. And you will see somebody man that's working at that's maybe working at Burger King or something like that. Not that there's anything wrong with that, but they telling him about his career. And you got a look at these people, like are these people fucking insane?
Speaker 1: What's crazy is in their mind they think I'm telling another artist about their career, Like as if I have criticism towards Drake's career, I'm like the fuck, like I'm judging a rap battle, Like who the fuck can talk about what this man was able to accomplish in the music business.
Speaker 5: But because of that, they feel like if you have any.
Speaker 1: Gall about what you're talking about, It's like they want to compare you to them, and I'm like, well, nigga, I'm not comparing myself to Drake. I'm not talking about Drake's success or what he's doing. I'm talking about him battling a friend of mine. And it's so weird because people will talk shit to me and this is what I'm talking about Pete. It'll be a dude talking shit to me, like, yeah, glasses, you're glazing Kendrick, And I'm like, this is my friend. I am supporting. This is my real friend that I'm supporting in a battle, and like, and it's people who don't know so they don't know. They like, you don't even know him, first off, that's the funny. That's the funniest thing. Or you don't even know him.
Speaker 5: So first off, I know both of these guys. Part two.
Speaker 1: One of them is really my close friend. The other one I know I know decent enough too. You don't know either one of them, So how would you take us, Like you're talking shit to me because I'm supporting Pete.
Speaker 5: I'm Kendrick is my friend. That is my friend, Like this is mine.
Speaker 4: He's objectively winning the goddamn thing. You'd have to be really streaking your back.
Speaker 5: Otherwise, Pete, he's my friend. He's not even like a rapper like a rapper, he's my friend, like.
Speaker 2: He's the homeboy.
Speaker 5: He's the homeboy, like.
Speaker 4: He's close enough a friend to you.
Speaker 3: I know this indirectly, Me and Malcolm and Lucky Rogers went to his house and Carson like ten years ago, so I know, if he's.
Speaker 4: There, then you know him, right so.
Speaker 1: And then the other guy he's competing with, Drake, I know him too.
Speaker 3: You were sight at the same time, right at the same t.
Speaker 5: Is.
Speaker 2: All of this stuff is pretty public information that people just took their time to go do the research before they said they were looking. Oh well yeah, glasses obviously know it was this guy. And it's like, and I'll never get into that man because somebody told me that one time, and I got so many VHS taps, those little DVR taps with me and Dot and Jay rocking them over there, messed around the studio and constant Carson. But I feel like those those moments are personal in between us and time. I'm not going to ever take those moments and try to kind of like cash in on them just to prove get cool points. With people that don't matter. Oh you don't think I know him?
Speaker 5: Cool?
Speaker 2: Whatever? You know what I mean? People just talk to again, people just talking to be talking, just saying dumb shit, just to be saying it.
Speaker 1: Sometimes all they want to do is Google, like it's been people who have to he like, you're still not gonna get that feature?
Speaker 5: What the fifteenth feature? The fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 2: That's funny, the fifteenth or twentieth one.
Speaker 5: I don't know the fuck.
Speaker 1: How many fucking more features you want me to have with this motherfucker? And people feel like Drake, I'm like, dog, you don't even I don't want a feature with him. That's not to say I don't think Drake is an incredible U performing artist. I don't want to rap with Drake, and I think it.
Speaker 2: You remember this, and I don't think people know. I remember you were signed the Cash Money and you cussed me and Pooh out in the restaurant one day because we were telling you, hey, man, why don't you just move down to Miami and go on the road with that Drake dude and Nicki Minaj and Bird way better And you said, that's not where I'm trying to do with my career. You know, at the time, you said that's not what I'm trying to do, and you was real upset about that.
Speaker 1: Bro, I cussed out pun problem trail ed, Bro. I am certain with who I and what I want my brand to be. Even back then, I knew I didn't want to mix it with him. That's not to say anything's wrong, and I'm not knocking nobody who does want to mix their brand with him. But honestly, Bro, yes, what I if I did a record with Drake? Would I be more successful than I am now?
Speaker 5: You know? Business wise? Sure, I'd probably be making more money if me.
Speaker 1: If I went and kind of got with Drake and was like okay i' and I just kind of got with the program, would I be making more money?
Speaker 5: Sure? But do I need to make more money?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: Do I take care of myself find? Sure? Do I have low riders and shit? Yes? Do I got shit? I like? Yes? Am I struggling to take care of my family?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 5: I mean, am I struggling to do right by my people?
Speaker 4: Know?
Speaker 5: Can I have more opportunities to help more people? Yes?
Speaker 1: But guess what if I need to take more time so I could look in the mirror every day.
Speaker 5: With my brand and be proud of who I am.
Speaker 1: I'll do it. Everybody else can kiss my ass. I mean, you'll figure it out when you fucking figure it out. But I don't want to dilute my brand. Like I don't want that, you know what I'm saying. Like, I'm proud of surviving the shit I survive. I'm proud of the people that survived it with me. I'm proud of the representation. I'm proud when I go on the boulevard and people, you know, see me in the Gangsters.
Speaker 5: I was at that We was at that.
Speaker 1: Party and somebody say, Man, you the last real nigga left. That drives me, You know what I mean, if anything mattered to me. The bank account don't drive me. I get it. Shout out to everybody that the bank account is driving them. You know that's probably why you and puff is cool. You might be taking penis if you let the bank account drive you. I'm not mad at it. The bank account don't drive me. What drives me is the ability to look in the mirror and say to myself, I did it the correct way. I didn't sell it out, and I have never sold this shit out never everybody else, you know, they going, I'm not mad at them. Money matters to people. It don't matter enough to me to where I'm gonna just sell out my brains.
Speaker 4: I got a question, like, this's the industry question, like for every.
Speaker 3: Like that's closing up to Drake, is not a guarantee. How many rappers were on that song, Like the Young Money album that they did, it was on like Steady Mob and all that shit that no one knows.
Speaker 4: Where the fuck they are.
Speaker 3: You could be two pistols getting the song from t Pain what happened to that guy? If you don't have some independent gravity around your own name and your own brand, then you're just sewing so's nameless, faceless sidekick on a song, even if it's your own fucking song.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 3: So I don't even think that this is guarantee early on in your career.
Speaker 4: That that's a pathway to success.
Speaker 3: It's a pathway to one fucking song, and that's it.
Speaker 2: Of course's pathway to getting stuck. Because I'm gonna tell you, I tell glasses all the time, and I believe everything works out the way it's supposed to. Because the glasses sounds very good over Southern beats. He sounds very good. He ridsed them motherfuckers like a beast cruiser. He sound good. I think Glasses would have very much been suffering through and I think an incredible identity crisis had he done what everybody else wanted them to do. And I'm kind of glad he went and did what he's doing up because that's why he's still here. He might have had an incredible career going that route, rapping over tone beats, rapping over this person's beats, rapping over Manny Fresh and stuff. He sounded good, but it had been one of those things where eventually people are to connect. It was like, Okay, this dude is from Watts Compton, but he sounds like this, and it had probably been over with. They just moved on past them, because whenever something is not authentic, people move past it, whether they know it. And I think sometimes even on the subconscious level think about it. What's the homie from Long Beach not saying his career is just over, but he has a huge correction. And I think that's the problem with Genesis, Genesis Genesis. He's made those records, those records examine. He makes jamin ass music. But okay, you for long Beach Dog and you sound like this.
Speaker 1: I've been saying this to people for a while because you know, it's a confusion between previous generations and hip hop versus today's generation of hip hop audience. And they feel like a lot of previous generation, previous generations of hip hop are harder on the modern generation of hip hop because they feel like, you know, they say the music isn't good, and you know, you got the young rappers coming up, like, oh may y'all just saying that because it's not what y'all used to listen to or what y'all used to make. And I kind of stay out of it, but I will say this is the problem. The problem is today music is not consumed by what you hear first, so the records don't have to be as good. Everything about hip hop for the most part, is consumed by what you see first.
Speaker 5: That's where it's changed, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So it's about music that fits the brand of what you see.
Speaker 5: That's what a good song is today.
Speaker 1: Well, obviously, when I was a little kid, you didn't see ice Cube like that.
Speaker 5: You heard it, so they had to put more.
Speaker 1: Into the record to tell you everything about their brand in the record, so and then it had to be catchy so we could keep hearing it versus today where I knew, like I said I've said multiple times on this podcast, on those ceilings, I knew who Little UZI was, twenty one Savage was, Kodak Black was, Little YACHTI was, and Extant I see on Rest in Peace was before I heard one song from them, I knew who they were. If I saw them walking down the street, before I heard a Kodak Black, I could point him out, you know what I mean, Like, Oh that's Kodak Black. Oh that's twenty one Savage. Oh that's extenst. Oh that's Little YACHTI. Oh that's Little Uzy I. That's how great their brand was of like the iory like right, I Instagram allowed me into the space of knowing who.
Speaker 5: They were as stars before I heard one song.
Speaker 2: That amazed me about you, bro, because I thought I was hitping you to something by hitping you the Big Frank, by telling you about Big Frank, you had already know who he was. You had already been followed. My said, you knew about Big.
Speaker 1: Frank vies to the flow right now, hit it up, tell you how you get damn hey, yeah, but I'm on hip hop so ever since like right still, when I first came, when we first met, right when I was just culture, when I was just this little southern California cultural figure that niggas knew was very much the culture bathed in the iced t always tell me I just sound so much like every part of La right, And I didn't understand hip hop, but when I start figuring it out, like it really meant more. But even earlier I was always intrigued with it without even knowing. Like I remember going to Cincinnati and seeing this guy named Cross. I'm with Chris and the young Guns shut Out to the Guns, and we go to a concert in Cincinnati and I'm watching it's a guy named Cross, and they have all of this movement, do the.
Speaker 5: Sound salm, do the sound salm, now.
Speaker 1: Murk out, and they had this whole movement of dancing right down, do the down the way, you know, and it was.
Speaker 5: All these dances, and I was just intriguing.
Speaker 1: I remember coming back home telling all the hommies like, and these Cincinnati niggas got it popping. I remember when Certified was the biggest song in Dallas. It was a number one song at both radio stations. And I would go down there and do a concert and nobody knew what was happening in Dallas.
Speaker 5: But I would go there and I would see.
Speaker 1: This music in the sound and I was I remember being in this club and they were three, four or five thousand people dancing in a circle.
Speaker 5: They're dancing in a circle and they doing it, do the stanky leg, do.
Speaker 1: The Frankie and they just going crazy, and I'm like, what the fuck? And I remember just being intrigued and going crazy. And I came back home right and nobody knew what was going on. And I went to a game with you to watch Chris play. I don't know what was going on, or we were somewhere looking at something else. I was at a game at Domingas and a month later, dude scored a touchdown and he started doing a Frankie leg.
Speaker 5: And two months later I heard it on the railo the first time.
Speaker 1: So I love watching hip hop. You know when you plant that seed that them Bronx dudes made, and you put that seed in the Dallas ghetto and it pops up with you know, the music and how they moving and how they rapping. I love it. So back to Milwaukee. It's a guy named Steve de Stoner.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: This is about two and a half three years old, and you plant that seed in Milwaukee in the four one four and so i was watching Steve the Stoner and I'm watching him do this dancing.
Speaker 5: Niggas is talking shit, they like.
Speaker 1: Oh he's twerking, he's looking back and I'm like, man, this nigga really feeling it, like and I don't think this dude is no pushover.
Speaker 5: He can.
Speaker 1: So then as I'm watching it, I'm seeing the other scenes developed. I'm seeing Big Frank, I'm seeing JP, you know, I'm seeing Maya p. I'm seeing Big K you know, Kennedy. Like, I'm seeing the scene come about. And guess what, Now I'm connecting it. Okay, shout out to the Onmie Twine, shout out to a cousin do the marketing that Milwaukee.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he got p A p KP the playmaker. Right.
Speaker 1: So I'm watching it, connecting all the docs and now so I've been tuned into.
Speaker 5: It for two three years.
Speaker 1: So it's dope to watch that hip hop scene when you play it in that ghetto of Milwaukee in it pop out and they move in a certain way, and I love it, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: I love him.
Speaker 2: I love it. It's amazing because you don't know what culture like. I don't think I told you this. He's trying to bring itself for the Gangster Chronicles because it's a big thing. He's like, man, when Big Franklin was out here, they was like trying to make me go through the show for them that they they wasn't the townhole. When I was explaining to him, bro, I just can't just get up with eight like that, but they was like, man, it's the shit they was looking at that. They was almost upset to the point they had to go to No Jumper. No Jumper is a huge platform and they was like, well, damn, we want to be on there with you and eight. And it's just crazy how culture just where culture catches at.
Speaker 1: And it's crazy because it only grows in the ghetto. How don't given fuck which ghetto you plant it in Northern Italy, in the ghetto you get pizza, you planning it in the ghettos of Mexico. You get tacos. Listen, man, you know what I'm saying. So I'm in love with that part of it. And that's the thing, you know what I mean, Like, I love this shit. That's why nobody that's why I rightfully shaw him the furi of hip hop, because nobody else is going to protect it with the vigor that I am. Nobody else loves it as much as I do. I don't love everything just good. I love no matter what the challenge of it is. I embrace it all. So I'm always proud of every aspect that happens. And even right now as we're starting to build right, dsn right, We're starting to build it, and I'm like, Okay, look, these are the first two things.
Speaker 5: Okay, let's figure out, Pete. Thing, Let's figure it out.
Speaker 1: Like I love being a part of things building, especially things.
Speaker 5: That are culture. Like I love this shit. I love culture like I just love it. Man.
Speaker 1: I love how poor people figure it out. You know, you don't got the best education right in English, Pete, but guess what, you still got to communicate and you start making words work.
Speaker 5: People don't like that. I love it.
Speaker 1: I love when people figure it out. You know what I mean they like, well, I need to be able to talk, so I don't have the Queen's English, that that opportunity. Nobody's teaching me that. But guess what, I still need to tell this motherfucker what I want.
Speaker 5: That's slang. I love that shit.
Speaker 4: I don't disagree with that. Actually, I mean like it's just a communication medium.
Speaker 3: All the formal fancy languages is the user of it, and often cases trying to say my idea might be worse than yours, but I want to be perceived as smarter than use someone to say it like this, and you know the rest is history. But the other guy might have a better idea. But if you could communicate, move the thing from over here to over there and put it like that, then.
Speaker 4: Move it over there, put it like fucking that, that's all you need to know.
Speaker 5: That's what I feel like hip hop. Hip hop is not taking the crosswalk.
Speaker 1: I feel like the mainstream music pop music is taking a crosswalk, walking down the street, taking across walk, and walking back down the street. Hip hop, you just jwalk. Yeah, let's get the point a point be fast as possible.
Speaker 2: Analogy. Have y'all heard about this lady, and this is going over to some whole other ship. Man. The lady that was the she was a diversity manager for Facebook and Nike. Oh yeah, and for a lot of people that don't know what a diversity manager is. A diversity manager is there to make sure everything is equitable to you know, opportunities to present the black people or Hispanic people or whatever. She's five million dollars dog. She she was doing it that Facebook, and then she went over to Nike. He was doing it again. Man, This girl on fucked off a really good opportunity and fucked off a lot of funding for brothers and sisters too. While she was at it, she was giving a breade to her husband and her friends.
Speaker 4: And because there's a whole.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's an onslaught of various diversity officers at universities and stuff like the nation over there being kind of like audited.
Speaker 5: Right now, and the.
Speaker 3: Like rampant what's the what's the word when you copy people's paperwork in school?
Speaker 2: Plagiarism?
Speaker 3: Plagiarism, A lot of plagiarism scandals in academia in that particular department, like coast to coast. So it's not a good time for that particular group's image right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she got five years, man, she could do every bit of that time to a.
Speaker 3: Former five taking five million dollars, I would do that tomorrow. Fuck if I could sneak one million off into some weird crypto wormhole and it SAYSSED four, I would take five years, laughing get off.
Speaker 2: Who pleaded guilty the wire fraud in the case in December, stole more than four point nine million from Facebook, utilizing a scheme involving fraudulent vendors, fake invoices and cash kickbacks, said Atlanta US attorney Rhyme. You can Furlough Smiles thirty eight used the money she stole the fund of luxury lifestyle in California, Georgia, and Oregon, According to the Buchanan's office, Yeah, Barbara Furlough Smiles as a.
Speaker 3: Middle name Furlough. What happens when they pay you after you've been on strike.
Speaker 2: Five years and three months in prison for stilling more than five million from those companies that had been earmarked for DEI initiatives, federal prosecutor said Georgia resident Barbara Furlow Smiles, who pleaded guilty the wirefire in the case of December stole more than four point nine million from Facebook. Damn man she was given After being terminated from Facebook, she brazenly continued the fraud as a DEI leader at Nike, where she stole another six figure stumb from the diversity program she used the money to fund of them. She was the lead strategist and global head of Employee Resource Groups and diversity Engagement at Facebook, the subsidiary of Meta. She was not Facebook's top exec for diversity, equity and inclusion off efforts. That's crazy, thog. She fucked up her career. She fucked up a good career and stole a lot of money. That's probably why we could never elexib Be for none of that shick she's she was getting the fucking money.
Speaker 5: Man, We not wasn't in business with her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know how many times I applied for that? A couple of times man forradicital soap box, and we're getting because I would get all the way to the end.
Speaker 1: You know how they call you, Barbara dumbs your ship down because you wasn't with the program.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you gotta give her, you know, the dumbs your ship down because you wasn't with the program.
Speaker 2: You know what you know what, man, I'm trying to think. I might have got asked to give a kickback in one of them situations, and I was mad and the motherfucker and said, hell no, if.
Speaker 4: Someone asked to give a kickback, give them the kickback.
Speaker 5: See, y'all don't know. This is why white people ahead in business.
Speaker 4: See y'all be thinking treat Frank Lucas and Gambino.
Speaker 3: Gambino paid his taxes, Frank Lucas didn't.
Speaker 4: That's the only difference.
Speaker 1: You gotta pay your taxes on the drug money. You gotta pay the play.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, man. So if a motherfucker give you three hundred thousand dollars, they want one hundred back. You don't think that's a bit.
Speaker 3: You just got two hundred thousand dollars congratulations.
Speaker 2: No, what the money is supposed to be there to do for people? See that's the thing. If I'm in a position like that, I'm not taking no money from nobody.
Speaker 4: Is three hundred thousand dollars two for me?
Speaker 2: What for you?
Speaker 5: It did for people?
Speaker 1: Yes, And I'm gonna talk you fifteen. I'm gonna buy you a little civic. Put your money in the back seat. This little civic. Yeah, write that civic off.
Speaker 2: Yeah. You know what, man, that's just Oh, I don't understand people, man.
Speaker 5: I get it.
Speaker 1: I think I don't understand how people be A and R is that at these jobs and then they be there all these years and only sign two.
Speaker 2: People because they just trying to have a job. You know what, man, When I got my A and R job, I really tried to give everybody I thought had talent a deal.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 2: I really tried to dog but they only let me out all the people I brought. Imagine, I bought the motherfucker's you glasses. Guess what deal. I bought them from top top one Again, you can ask top this is a true story Top one to maybe I think two fifty three hundred thousand, just because you know, they had been rocking with him for a while. He wanted to just give him a little bit of money. He wanted to, you know, buy into their published and give them a little bit of bread. Right. Those people told me, man, that them people wasn't gonna never go nowhere. They said, oh, this would be a waste of money. Nobody's ever going to take them serious.
Speaker 5: M hm.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine what that would have with that return would have been like had they let their head of urban music just do his fucking job.
Speaker 1: Who was that Kendrick Lamar j Rock talking about TV when he an r is the publishing company he took him a TD deal that top Dog wanted to take him and they didn't see the value any So obviously you're looking at Kendrick Lamar j Rock school wy Q.
Speaker 5: You gotta be kidding.
Speaker 2: The money they have made their money just back, just just that fucking quick.
Speaker 3: They made their money back every weekend for several weekends in a row, several several several weekends.
Speaker 2: In a row. I was mad. I was mad about that when they said they'd do a deal for G but after the album come out and they wanted to come out through cash, like it was just weird shit.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: Then they didn't see the thing because Jay Rock you know, that's when Warner Brothers kept pushing back on Jay Rock Ship. They didn't think the albums would ever come out, so that's all they kept looking at. They didn't look at none of the other They didn't look at k I Ab so none of them. I thought them people were stupid as hell. They almost did a deal with sound Way if they liked sound Way, but they wanted to fuck him so bad. I was glad sound Wave didn't take that deal.
Speaker 5: Shout out to Beth be was shying their best.
Speaker 4: I want to make a teaser.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't made at them, but they it wasn't Beth. If it was just Bef was done, it was John. He was so busy saying know that every motherfucking thing. He then look at it. They son he understood the culture of hip hop. But I knew he wasn't gonna be that one because he said that if it wasn't for eminem hip hop wouldn't be what it is.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: He just was one of them dudes. He didn't understand what hip hop was, so he should have just shut the fuck up. If they didn't shut the fuck up and enjoyed the show and let me do my job. Gee, man, we be sitting it wouldn't be no conversation about nothing. I'd be picking up the phone. Hey'all need you to open up this budget for my homeboy? Man, give shoot them two million click. It'd been that because that's what the industry, he was. The industry is based on what you've done, not what you go.
Speaker 3: Do, and that to be Like I said, I want to do a teaser. I really want to do another episode on this concept right now. How big business plays from ahead and it's how can this not work? Thriving small businesses, it's how can this work? There's an optimism there. Innovation comes from the small because the big things and a different risk calculation.
Speaker 4: They have something to lose.
Speaker 3: We can't just give two million dollars every time Digging Harry walks through the door. We have a risk calculation to our budget, whereas a smaller company goes. We gotta somehow make this money. So we gotta we gotta take a risk, we gotta take input. This outside of the normal. We got to figure out a way to get this fast and get it big.
Speaker 1: Good looking out for tuning in to the No Sellers podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the USA and produced by the Black Effect Podcast Network and now Hard Radio.
Speaker 5: Yeah