Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, Radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: I'm Carol Messer along at Tim Standvec. Let's get though to some stocks on the move on this Thursday Bloomberg News process. That Reporterjnita Sokova with us, and we start with the m and a pursuit of Warner Brothers Discovery. That's going to be a streaming story someday. But anyway, where are we exactly?
Speaker 3: It's part of the daily news check. We're talking about Netflix. It's very interesting. So if Netflix is down more than two percent, Paramount's guidence is up more than two percent. The two respective tickers are NFLX and ps KY. There is yet another extension to attend they're all for. The latest data date we have is February twenty four. The paramounts Kaidence Sofa. The company said it would ask investors to vote against the proposed sale. It's been a pretty rough stretch for Netflix ever since that deal and to talk about it emerged. The company is actually down thirty eight percent since its peak. Warner Brothers is planning a special meeting to approve the Netflix deal by April. Paramount has very little time to get their part of the offer. Netflix shares tumblot yesterday. It was a pretty rough day for the company that's extending that stretch. What we saw some interesting detail is closing the Warner brother deals will add two hundred and seventy five million costs for this year on tops of sixty million spent through the end of twenty twenty five. So things are getting more complicated for investors, and they will piles share boy bags. So there was some nativity connected with that.
Speaker 1: It's really fascinating. You go to the Bloomberg and you do graphs on Paramount, sky Dance and Netflix. You know, it's these charts that just kind of go down, like go down. It's a good ski slope you might enjoy skiing on. And then you get a Warner Brothers Discovery and you just see it going, Yeah, if you get it.
Speaker 3: No matter what, most Netflix go down.
Speaker 1: Paramoun's guidance like it's been under pressure, but.
Speaker 4: Netflix at this point is the clear favorite, and investors don't like that. Yeah, they're very concerned about the spend.
Speaker 3: When we got the announcement, there was a negative reaction. Now we have announcement of extend the tender deal, we still have a negative reaction for Netflix.
Speaker 1: So do it already. I know, all right, let's go to Caravana. I've been keeping an eye on this one today.
Speaker 3: Very different story. Companies down is up more than four percent, ticker CVNA. We're seeing a lot of upgrades. The most recent one is Barkley's and it's pretty optimistic. The target is five hundred and thirty dollars, up from four hundred and sixty five. Pretty interesting story. They're saying increase, profit, increase. They're saying twenty twenty six. They raise their volume forecast, but it's coming on top of a lot of bullish sentiment. UBS raised their target. Morgan Stanley had a really interesting note, so they have a super bullish target that they increased earlier this month. The current target is seven hundred and fifty dollars and it's coming back to that self driving cars, so Kravana is acquiring more of those car dealership in regions, data expanding in self crift driving like Phoenix Dollars, San Diego, and more recently seeing a lot of potential with that and perhaps some of those additional upgrades we're seeing are happening because of that, and they see potential for partnership with way More and Kirvana expanding in that field. The company had one hundred percent gain last year. Well, it's pretty impressed.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad you went there. I pulled it up on the Bloomberg did the HCPI year function. So it was around a five dollars stock at the end of twenty twenty two. Since then, it's up eighty eight hundred percent. It's the end of twenty twenty two.
Speaker 3: It's incredible.
Speaker 1: Put all our money in there.
Speaker 3: We have Morgan stantly target of seven hundred and fifty.
Speaker 1: This is great.
Speaker 3: This is their bullish target.
Speaker 1: Just say, but you're right.
Speaker 4: Oh, there were some times where there were concerns about you know, the viabilit Back to that time.
Speaker 1: About twelve percent of the float is short.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's your last one?
Speaker 3: Meta, Let's have some good news for text socks. They've been under a lot of pressure, and Meta of all of them, has been under a lot of pressure. The company is now up five and a half percent. There is some optimism with Jeffries. It's coming off the company being under so much pressure lately, especially against Alphabet and Amazon. They're pretty much saying, oh, this company has been under such a big sell off that it makes sense to buy it now. They also reiterate their price target, which is very, very bullish. It's nine hundred and ten dollars. They're seeing a lot of optimism there. They're saying they're going to have a lot of new developments in twenty twenty six cups to their AI with text and video that will really help. We're yet to see, but as we know, a lot of the concerns started with their last earnings report. Meta is actually down eighteen percent since then, and we had some pretty big numbers about capital expenditure around one hundred and ten billions, so a lot of pressure from there. It's like a fifty percent increase year over year. So ever since, investors have been pretty jittery about metal spending. But today some relief.
Speaker 1: Company reports January twenty eighth after market, so we'll see what kind of capex spend is going on. All right, good stuff?
Speaker 4: What next week's gonna be a big one.
Speaker 2: It's going to be.
Speaker 4: This is the it's the week of the quarter that we're all with.
Speaker 1: It's also a FED meeting FED decision.
Speaker 2: This stock Movers report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.