Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong, Joe Katty, I'm strong, and Jetty, I know he armstrong and Yetty.
Speaker 3: So many members in the in the media are carrying water for Iran. You know, of course, the Iranians consume all of American media and they must be elated with the vast majority of this coverage. And they've just realized, now we can't and will never put any kinds of boots on ground, or we won't do the kinds of very specific kinds of things like for receiving the uranium material or reopening the straight. And now that's they puts them in the straight. Where here we are right now?
Speaker 4: Senator Fedman Fetterman of Pennsylvania Democrat. Not like the media coverage around the whole Iranian war, I would agree, if you watch like the Sunday shows or Cable News channel or anything like that, it's all a discussion of, well, the disaster happened. It's the worst thing any president has ever done. How do we clean this up? Without any idea that things could still turn out for the better, which they obviously.
Speaker 1: Could, And because it's an echo chamber. They don't even feel the need to make the argument for why it's a mistake. It's just self evident in their world and all the implications and omissions of the you know, the Iranians trying to get nuclear weapons as soon as they could, spreading terrorism. They've got proxy armies all over the region, sewing mayhem constantly. They don't even bother to make the case.
Speaker 2: So the blockade is on as we speak.
Speaker 4: The United States is now blockading the Straight of Horror moves so no ships can come in and out. Hey, Ran, you ain't gonna make any more money from here on out. Also, hey China, you ain't gonna get me oil. Neither is Europe. So you got that. Ran has threatened all kinds of attacks on ports and ships that go through and all that sort of stuff. Donald Trump has just put out another truth social post in which he says Iran's navy is laying at the bottom of the sea, completely obliterated one hundred and fifty eight ships. What we have not hit are their small number of what they call fast attack ships, because we do not consider them much of a threat. Warning if any of these ships come anywhere close to our blockade. They will be immediately eliminated using the same system of kill that we used against the drug dealers on boats at sea. It is quick and brutal. So we're going to drone strike the fast attack boats if they head out into the Strait.
Speaker 2: Apparently fair enough. Yeah, that'd be exciting today.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you brought China into the discussion, which is absolutely appropriate. And when we were talking about this earlier, Jack made I think an excellent point that this feels to some extent like the big thing hasn't even happened, right their run up to the big thing, the history making event, here's the best thing we've got going for us.
Speaker 2: Ironically, China is.
Speaker 1: So desperately addicted to exports, and he shocked to the world economy would be terrible for their economy, like unpractically unsustainable. So it's held him in check from moving on Taiwan for now. And I also think they are seriously going to exert pressure on the IRGC to tone the crap down because China's got to have world trade going in the world.
Speaker 2: I hope that happens.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's Trump's leverage, Maybe he feels like that's the leverage, because.
Speaker 1: What's the alternative, China decides to go crazy on the US and get into a tit for tat with Trump.
Speaker 2: I just don't. I don't think that's the right strategy.
Speaker 4: And it could be Europe and China leaning on Iran. Hey, get your open that straight.
Speaker 1: Well, you'repleaning on anybody is not very impressive.
Speaker 2: Europe is a you know what Europe is. I'm gonna tell you what Europe is.
Speaker 1: Europe is a sixteen year old golden retriever that ought to weigh about seventy pounds, but it weighs one hundred and ten. It can barely walk. It lumbers around, fat and useless. You're steering in a way like with their food and their architecture, but useless.
Speaker 2: Europe is a fat golden retriever. You heard it here first. That's it. That's the sort of analysis you only hear here at the Armstrong and Getty show. I didn't mean militarily.
Speaker 4: It looked like, for a couple of days there last week, that Europe might strike some sort of a deal with Iran where okay, we'll pay the tolls and go through and.
Speaker 1: Nobody's striking nothing, says me, Donald J.
Speaker 4: Trump, Right, So hmm, that's exciting stuff. We'll see how this all turns out today.
Speaker 1: I guess yeah, yeah, a side issue. It's hard to tell because the lefty media loves this. But Trump's Mimi put out last night of him elf is Jesus.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it. I've just heard about it. Oh, I texted it.
Speaker 1: I think or Hanson did some of it's it's on the group feed, but it's causing widespread consternationd Evangelic.
Speaker 2: That's from his own truth social feed. He Truth did out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as if he is Jesus with dead service members in heaven, with angels wings above him, and an American flag and an eagle and touching the forehead of a dying man, And oh my god, does it have any words accompanying this picture or just the picture.
Speaker 2: I'm just aware of the picture. It's it's holy crap. Yeah literally, Yeah? Did he think that was touching? Funny?
Speaker 4: Is he just trolling? Is this a classic Donald Trump? All this will get people upset?
Speaker 1: Well, he's He's retweeted and memed out many memes that show him as like a superhero or a just a god like figure. But this is a touch on the nose. Or on the cross if you will. Wow, it's got so many elements to it. So it's Trump dressed like Jesus. You got the American flag in the background, as Joe said, eagles flying, of course, or some jets. You got a guy, an old guy with a veteran hat on. Then he got a young guy who's clearly currently in the military. You got a nurse all looking up at him, all inspired as he lays hands. I don't know what it appears to be, somebody who's wounded or dead, dying, dying man, I would say. And the divine light is emanating from both of Trump's hands.
Speaker 2: What the hell is the message of this?
Speaker 1: Oh there's the you left out the Statue of Liberty in the background, right, and the Lincoln Memorial. Oh is that the Lincoln folks who hadn't picked up on the theme, Yes.
Speaker 2: Lincoln Memorial. And then what's that up the top?
Speaker 1: Those are dead soldiers with angels wings. Oh my god, you're right?
Speaker 2: Or is that some sort of demon character in the middle. No, I think you're right. I think those are Holy crap.
Speaker 1: A couple of them are clearly like some dead soldiers. I don't know what that thing in the middle.
Speaker 4: Okay, one other building we haven't named the over his his right shoulder on the left side.
Speaker 2: What is that? Is that a church? Is that the Vatican?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 2: What is that? Or it looks like it's got a cross on top of it.
Speaker 1: That's not like, uh, is that part of the Vatican or that I don't know what that is?
Speaker 4: Something I like some some some church of some sort. This is his all time inappropriate And that's a heck of a statement I just made.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, Okay, all right, we'll post it at Armstrong and Geddy dot com so you can see it and judge for yourself.
Speaker 2: We'll get that up there immediately. Yeah, I demand it.
Speaker 4: How are so like if you're really into the belief that Trump is out to save Christianity and so was Victor orbon And that's why JD. Vance was over there and hungry over the weekend last week trying to get him elected.
Speaker 2: He lost big. You know, that's the whole pucker Carlson.
Speaker 1: Orthodox Eastern Christianity is going to stamp out the queer thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, does that crowd like this sort of thing Trump? Or is that blasphemous? Well, it's clearly blasphemous. It's one of the most things I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 4: Puts the ass back in blasphemous from the past from us. We probably should stop now.
Speaker 2: I plan to yes, yes, please.
Speaker 1: Anyway, So the blockade started what an hour and a quarter ago, according to the.
Speaker 2: US Central Command.
Speaker 1: If the rest of the world can't ship, neither can you around, says Trump. And we'll see if the shooting starts.
Speaker 2: I'm going to retweet this picture just because i want to know what people think of it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, word from our friends that Trust and Will good to have them back. Trust and Will's platform makes it easy to create your will or trust online. Judy and I have everything in our trust for a lot of really really important reasons. It's such a relief to have a peace of mind, you know, have the estate planning and everything, and protect our assets from crazy lawsuits or whatever.
Speaker 2: Trust and Will is a great way to get that done.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's state specific, you know, taylor to your needs wherever you are in your situation and everything like that. Super easy to use webs Trust and Will's platform makes it easy to create your will or trust online, and it's fast and as little as thirty minutes. You can create a will that lets you document your wishes for guardians, asset distributions, healthcare planning, all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Trust and will, affordable estate plans, priceless, peace of mind. Go to trustinwill dot com slash armstrong and get twenty percent off. That's trustinwill dot com slash armstrong to get your twenty percent off. Trust and will dot com slash armstrong. Good stuff. And again, it's all about peace of mind, trust and will dot com.
Speaker 2: Man oh Man, oh Man.
Speaker 4: For some reason, the Trump Jesus post has thrown me for a loop. I feel like I'm a little lost right now. I don't know what to think of that because I'm on board, like he's thinking on Iran. I think I think Iran was good. Every president has said Iran's trying to get a nuclear open. We got to stop him. Nobody was actually willing to do anything. Trump actually did something. I still think at this point it was a good idea, uh that I don't know what that.
Speaker 2: Post is, Uh, you know what it is is? Uh? And I remember this from the campaigns.
Speaker 1: Trump has a weird relationship with like blue collar America, heartland America, Evangelical or Protestant America, in that he expresses great affection for them, but he has no idea how they think and how they live, really, and and those folks, having received nothing but derision and judgment from the left for decades now years and years certainly are like, oh my god, he says, you know, we're good people who care about our country and our families, and we're good people, and by God, that's refreshing.
Speaker 2: But Trump has I mean the.
Speaker 1: Bible, you know, the greatest book ever written, maybe except for the Art of the Deal. I mean, he has no idea of the thinking and what those people actually say.
Speaker 2: And this I think is just a misstep.
Speaker 1: He doesn't understand Christianity because he's an atheist, I'm sure. Uh, And he doesn't understand how far over the line this is from a lot of folks.
Speaker 2: Doubt he's thought that much about it, right right? Uh?
Speaker 4: Well that is something Well anyway, I tweeted out, want to know what you think of it, or you can text us think of that sort of thing.
Speaker 2: I just, I'm just, I'm just.
Speaker 4: I don't know how it's received by all y'all, I guess is my question.
Speaker 2: I think it'll be a micro blip. Hoh shirt.
Speaker 1: The shooting starts very soon, oh shirt. It's a very trumpy thing to do.
Speaker 4: It's almost guaranteed to be some shooting today, isn't there? Iran isn't just going to allow that blockade to happen.
Speaker 2: Are they? Uh no?
Speaker 1: No, they might calculate for a little while figure out how best to strike. So it might be a couple of days till something crazy happens. But something crazy will happen.
Speaker 2: Oh boy.
Speaker 1: They may hit some ports, and you know they may hit you Bai again or Saudi or who knows.
Speaker 4: We got a lot we need to get to. There's another big Ai story that's out, among other things. Stay here, Army, Strawn and Getty.
Speaker 3: Practicing fat defiance in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 5: I've been fat practicing fat defiance for many, many years in twenty twenty six.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to keep doing that by continuing to the NAPA and civil rights work.
Speaker 2: I'm also going to do it by wearing whenever I want to, at whatever.
Speaker 5: Size I happen to be in twenty twenty six, bigger, smaller, same, whatever it is.
Speaker 2: That's how I'm defying the standards.
Speaker 4: Of being told what I'm supposed to do with my body and doing what I want to do with my body. And I know that's right, practicing fat defiance in twenty six.
Speaker 2: That's people at fat Con. What's fat Con?
Speaker 1: It's like comic Con for the overweight. I guess you get together and celebrate being large.
Speaker 4: This is a tough topic. Bill Maher talks about this a lot on a show. You know, it's probably tough coming from me, rail thin vegetarian, but who smokes.
Speaker 2: You know, there's there's both of both ends of it. Something's going on with.
Speaker 4: Our food or whatever that that some people can get as big as they are that just never happened in the past.
Speaker 2: It wasn't what Katie, you're blaming it on the food.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know what it is, but there's something going on that allows some people to get.
Speaker 2: Like really really really big that just never happened in the past.
Speaker 4: And I don't know what that is, but to pretend that it's healthy and something to be proud of is kind of a weird direction.
Speaker 1: To go boy in the hole. And it's mostly young women, of course, but the whole I'm defiant. I'm a rebel I'm a practically a gorilla warrior.
Speaker 2: For one cause or another thing. My gut. That's tiresome of these days.
Speaker 4: Anyway, I don't want to get sidetracked by this because I got this story, Katie. I've already told Joe a little bit of it. We had the story last week about Southwest Airlines was going to start cracking down on people that are too big for one seat, making them buy another seat. And then the pushback was, well, you're profiling people, And of course the answer is yes, We're looking at people that look like they're too big for one seat, and then you know, going and measuring them and if they're too big for one seat, we're gonna charge them two.
Speaker 2: Take.
Speaker 4: Well, they either backed off that or haven't implemented the strategy or missed one or something. Because this woman sat in the middle seat with me on Southwest coming back from which talk Kansas and uh and you know, God bless her. I don't know how she ended up this big. Could be no fault of her own whatever, let's leave that out of it. She was five hundred pounds. If she was five pounds, and I mean she started to get in, I thought, how's she even gonna get into this.
Speaker 2: How's she even gonna get through.
Speaker 4: The And she pushed up both the arm things because there's no way she could.
Speaker 2: Sit between the arm things. I think she sat in the.
Speaker 4: Middle because if she sat in the window, you know, the wall doesn't move, and if she sat in the aisle, she'd be in the aisle people couldn't get through.
Speaker 2: So she sits in the middle, and she.
Speaker 4: Was easily half of my seat and the end the seat on the other side. And I'm basically turned flat up against the wall like I'm a lizard on the wall or something like that, with my arm's out and one leg crossed over the other.
Speaker 2: That's the way I sat for two hours? How is that fair to you? As a bank I paid full price?
Speaker 1: And did you at any point did you think of excusing yourself and going and talk to his stewardess?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, I did not.
Speaker 4: I was super tired. I thought maybe I can sleep like this. I was so tired because we flew out at like sixth in the morning.
Speaker 2: But I don't. I didn't know what to do.
Speaker 4: If it had been my son, with all these OCD problems, he would have not been able to handle it.
Speaker 2: So he pressed up against them the whole time.
Speaker 4: I don't know, well, first of all, going to talk unless I want to have this conversation in front of the lady, which would be awful.
Speaker 2: How was I going to get out? I mean, there was no way I could go to the bathroom.
Speaker 4: That's not even on the not even an option for me at any point during the flight, Say hey, could excuse me so I could get out, because there's just no way that she could. I mean, it's such a process for her to get in there for her to get out, so I could have gone to the bathroom. So I'd had to do that and go talk to an air stewardess and say, look, I paid full price, I got half a seat. Can I get either get half my money back or move? But it was a full flight, so somebody was gonna have to sit there. Oh boy, But they got to figure that out. Oh. It was the first time I'd ever seen anybody actually use an extension. She had the extension with her all rolled up, and she sat down and she reached like over into my seat and clicked it on and spread it out and wrapped it all the way around her and then clicked it in it was like an extra three feet and then she rested her arms on top of her body and then sat there like that for two hours.
Speaker 6: Meanwhile, if the top of your backpack sticks out an inch from the seat under beneath in front of you, a dicer right.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, if there had been like an emergency, we got to get out.
Speaker 2: I'm dying.
Speaker 4: There's no getting out of there because she can't get up and I can't get out. So I don't know, Southwest, you're not being too picky. I feel bad for that woman, but that is insane. That just can't happen.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 7: Let's start off with Tucker Carlson, who has been in absolute free fall with Republicans.
Speaker 2: I mean, just take a look at this.
Speaker 7: Look at this trend line. Tucker Carlson's net favorable back in March of twenty twenty four, when he and Donald Trump were very close friends.
Speaker 2: Look at this.
Speaker 7: He was at plus fifty four points.
Speaker 2: Look at where he.
Speaker 7: Is today at only plus seven points among Republicans, and that includes GOP leaning independence.
Speaker 2: I mean, that is a.
Speaker 7: Drop of what forty seven percentage points? My goodness, gracious, when you go up against Donald Trump and you want to appeal to the Republican base to quote the movie Good Burger, you go on the grinder, and that is exactly what has happened to Tucker Carlson, who is absolutely collapsed among Republicans.
Speaker 2: Well, is it all that because he went against Trump or.
Speaker 4: Because he outed himself as either completely nuts or shilling for some enemy of the of the United States, one.
Speaker 1: Of Tucker Catarlson as they call him, right, yeah, yeah. On the other hand, more people should quote the media the movie Good Burger.
Speaker 2: I well well done, Harriet. My kids love that movie.
Speaker 4: With a young Keenan Thompson, I went from what I used to watch Tucker every single night on Fox and loved a lot of his stuff too. I think he's one of the most dangerous, awful human beings on earth. And it's not because he went up against Trump that I think that.
Speaker 2: No, not at all.
Speaker 1: So I want to talk a little bit about the conspiracy theory thing. And we're all familiar with the various you know, QAnon Ish or what have you, the current bizarro Candace Owens, Tucker, it's always the Jews stuff in the psychology behind it by one of our favorite authors. But just By way of example, here is Candace's own teas for her show, this week on Candace and this was last week, but this week on kandas Candace owens Crosshatchet, a link between bb net and not Yaho, Mitt Romney, the CIA in Brigham Young University in Utah. All of this, however, ties back to the Charlie Kirk assassination and the lingering questions surrounding it. As alleged shooter Tyler Robinson's trial begins already filled with holes, Candace is determined to get to the truth no matter the cost. Then she mentions the CIA and Erica Kirk and whatever. Okay, so that's her own teas for the show. And then the actual producer of the Charlie Kirk Show responding to Candace trolling him saying why haven't you played the video blah blah blah of something to do with that whole grand theory, and Blake Neff, the producer of The Charlie Kirk Show, writes, Candace, we haven't bothered playing it because we know psychopathic predators like yourself do not care what is true or false, and normal evidential your logic, evidentiary logic has no effect on you. You're the kind of person who sees coded messages in the number thirty three, but then ignores evidence like DNA on a rifle or Tyler Robinson's own family members turning him in playing the audio.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: You're obviously you'll just say it's an AI or hologrammar an Israeli actor or something. So what's the point We gave out the possibility of any good faith conversation with you months ago. It's like trying to reason with a maniac brandishing a knife and screaming at people on the subway.
Speaker 2: You're the same thing. Does she.
Speaker 4: An act? Or is she actually a maniac? That's what I don't know about her or Tucker.
Speaker 1: I assume that people run these things are an act. They've just understood the psychology we're about to talk about and realized you can make obscene riches.
Speaker 2: Isn't manipulating people?
Speaker 4: Isn't that what we found out about Alex Jones when he was in the courtroom. In fact, he said that in the courtroom, right, Look, it's an act.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm an entertainer. People love this.
Speaker 1: They've figured out the psychology I'm about to talk about and quoting Arthur Brooks here. We've quoted a couple of times. He now writes for the Free Press about matters of happiness and psychology, and that's sort of.
Speaker 4: Hey, you got a new book out that's damned interesting. Yeah, he's super smart. Love Arthur Brooks.
Speaker 1: Anyway, quote they were kidnapping our loved ones and replacing them with a bitter, hollow shell of what they once were, which sounds like a line from Invasion of the Body Snatchers or something about aliens from a dying planet coming to Earth blah blah blah, you replacing humans, But it's not. It's actually a quote from a recent study in the Journal of Social and Personal Relationships about the QAnon conspiracy theory. We atch alleges that the governmental lead is dominated by a secret cabal of Satan worshiping, cannibalistic deep state pedophiles. Again, the quote is, they're kidnapping our loved ones and replacing them with a bitter, hollow shell of what they once were.
Speaker 2: Yes, you heard right.
Speaker 4: Cannibalistic, Yes, yes, I mean if they were merely Satan worshiping deep state pedophiles, that would be bad enough, But by God, the cannibalism is one step too far from me anyway.
Speaker 1: Participants in these studies described watching the theory take hold of their friends and family members, transforming them beyond recognition. Perhaps this scenario sounds familiar to you. You too, may know someone who started doing his own research quote unquote, well that's the exact that's the exact phrase on politics, science, or the economy, then went down an internet rabbit hole of posts claiming that some event or phenomenon was plotted by a clan, destined group of powerful people are organizations, usually with sinister or malevolent intentions. Before you know it, he or she seems like a different person. His new beliefs dominate conversations and ruin relationships.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm obsessive ding ding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then they And then he goes into the fact that our current news cycle has no shortage of online influencers peddling even more, ever more outlandish theories. And then he gets into the field of psychology trying to understand why people adopt conspiracy theories. And and there are some explanations, like in the past few years.
Speaker 2: That have come out that are just they're dumb.
Speaker 1: I'm not even gonna waste your time on them about narcissism or deficiencies and intelligence, because that's clearly not true.
Speaker 2: He quotes JD.
Speaker 1: Vance as saying when when Susye Wild said he is a conspiracy theory for a decade, Vance cleverly responded by saying he believes only in the conspiracy theories that are true. And then they touch on that a lot of conspiracies are conspiracies, whether the untreated syphilis study at Tuskegee, the official discrediting of the lab leak origin of the coronavirus pandemic, and then it turned out that was clearly and always was the most plausible explanation, and they were called nothing more than anti Chinese conspiracy theories. But even if conspiracy theories are completely fictitious and well nuts, it doesn't require a person to be a stupid narcissist to embrace them. Rather, and let's get down to the main point of this, Rather, psychologists believe that these narratives can be so compelling to regular people because they meet three deep human needs. The first is epistemic or epistemic, which refers to the need to understand your own environment in an increasingly complex and confusing world have that need. The second is existential, which is to feel safe and in control of one's environment, and the third is social, referring to the need to maintain a positive image of one's self and one's social groups.
Speaker 4: Now that one I don't understand. You're hanging out with some weird people. If that gives you some social credit. Yeah, yeah, Well, he gets into that in a bit.
Speaker 1: But another way to account for these needs is that people crave coherence, in other words, an answer to the question of why things happen the way they do, from the weather to political events and world affairs. According to a couple of psychologists, the names coherence is one element of the meaning of life. The other two are purpose and significance. Without a sense of coherence, one's life is bereaft of meaning, in turn, is central to human happiness.
Speaker 4: I understand all these human tendencies, but I feel like I could sit down with a lot of the people I know who believe some of this stuff and come up with a more believable theory that explains everything, usually around human greed.
Speaker 1: Right often, yeah, yeah, But he says, the embrace of conspiracy theories is a way to gain a sense of coherence for people who otherwise lack it. Viewed another way, conspiracy theorizing is a lamentation of helplessness because life feels meaningless. The crisis of meaning lies behind the psychogeneic epidemic of depression, anxiety, and loneliness that afflicts our society today. So the world is confusing, it's ugly, it's seemingly random, and if that makes you feel helpless, you know, like I agree with everything I just said. The world does seem that way. My response to it is what are you gonna do? But if it gives you a feeling of helplessness, and there may be other factors in your psychology that leads you there, then life feels meaningless.
Speaker 2: Okay, the other factors.
Speaker 4: I don't know if he gets into this or not, because this is my current theory based on a couple of people I know. Lice, your life is a mess. It's such a mess it would be very hard to straighten now, in fact, may be impossible. Latching onto something like this gives you way more control of your thoughts and emotions than dealing with the mess your life has become.
Speaker 1: So you no longer feel helpless, right, and your life has meaning.
Speaker 4: Right, but it's driven there by you made a mess of your life. So I wonder how often.
Speaker 2: That happens right?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: And then he talks about how religion and civic organizations and just being with people has fallen off. So much goes into a bunch of data, and it's shocking every time I see it. But he said, so where do people turn for coherence if they don't trust journalists, doctor, scientists and clergy to tell them the truth? The answer is the Internet, where once fringe ideas can propagate with astonishing speed and efficiency.
Speaker 4: I don't trust any of those people on that list either, certainly, not blindly, not even close to right. I'm practically that whole. Uh. I don't remember where that comes from. That If you're my mother says she loves you, still.
Speaker 2: Get a second source. Yeah, I'm close.
Speaker 4: To that, But that doesn't make me run to Candas Owen's or Tucker Carlston for the answer.
Speaker 2: That's what I don't get. Why do you believe them? So you don't believe that person? I get it.
Speaker 4: I don't believe that person automatically either, But you believe them Candles, And I.
Speaker 2: Guess for all the reasons you just explain.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and I'm sure it's a certain personality type and people in a certain circumstances you so well described. It reminds me I didn't get it when I heard this the first time, that the most terrifying thing you could ever do is spend five minutes in somebody else's mind. But now I get it. If I was in somebody's mind, who would tend to fall for that sort of thing? And maybe it's some of you good folks. And I'm not here to judge. I sympathize because you're being led way, way astray by these people who are just greed heads. But yeah, I don't get it at all. My bowl filter or whatever is. I don't know. It's too tight. I'd take no credit for it. It might be genetic, but yeah, it's troubling. Oh And the one thing that I've thought for a long time, and you've heard me say several times, is that there was a natural ecosystem of ideas for mankind for like our entire existence. Then it changed with the printing press. Then it changed more with broadcasting and became much more immediate. But then the internet has gone crazy. If I had a crazy ass idea. I would bounce it off my neighbors and my friends and maybe the people I worked with, maybe even a girlfriend or two.
Speaker 2: And if every.
Speaker 1: Single time I got uh, are you serious? Are you out of your mind?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: After a while I think, oh, I must have been mistaken.
Speaker 1: But you go on the internet and there's no idea so blank and crazy.
Speaker 2: You can't get an amen.
Speaker 1: From fifteen thousand people like immediately. It's a crazy reinforcement system.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So to the whole con spiracy thing which you described, is that one out of one hundred people, one out of a million people. What's the numbers on that we don't know? And is it growing?
Speaker 2: I wonder? I wonder? So what he goes into. What's the solution.
Speaker 1: At the public level, It is to re establish broader confidence in our institutions that previously provided a wider sense of careage.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, I'll do that this afternoon. I'll get started today, right.
Speaker 1: The solution at the individual level, which involves asking what you can do to win back the loved one who has gone down the rabbit hole, starts with a bit of neuroscience. Researchers have found that conspiracy believers exhibit high activation of the ventral medial prefrontal cortex.
Speaker 2: You know, I suspect it.
Speaker 1: So a brain region that's important for self understanding and emotional associations. What else do you suppose involves similar high activation that provides coherence in our lives? Antique love very similar ventro medial prefuntal cortex react.
Speaker 4: So if you know somebody who's a conspiracy net job like this, ask him out or hit.
Speaker 1: On them, or love you well if you want to get married. Yeah, as does deep friendship. Not coincidentally, these phenomena are negatively associated with holding conspiratorial views. Researchers have hypothesized that love acts as a protective agent against these ideas, whereas social isolation or maybe screwing up your life so much your connections have broken, increases the likelihood of holding these beliefs.
Speaker 2: Wow, love, he Bluie goes the truth bomb. Love holds this stuff at bay. That's wild. That's really interesting, I'm telling you. Yeah, Wow, wow, truth bump.
Speaker 4: If you don't have that in your life, you gotta fill it with something, and you fill it with this nonsense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is super interesting.
Speaker 1: And again Tucker's Carlson and Kendace's, Owen's and several other names I could check have understood this psychology and they know precisely what buttons to push when and how.
Speaker 2: They're brilliantly evil.
Speaker 4: So if you hear about somebody who's believing, like the worst of the Epstein stuff, that George H. W. Bush was eating babies, Yeah, and you think who would believe that? You should be grateful that you clearly have like loving relationships in your life that make.
Speaker 2: That impossible to fit in there.
Speaker 1: Right right, everybody knows George Bush would never eat someoneuntil they're a teenager.
Speaker 2: Come on, right, who was an eating underage people? He was a decent man. That's so wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there are lots of people who believe that, the lots. I don't know if it's a million people in the Old Country or ten million or ten thousand for that matter, but there's a bunch of people out there to believe it. Any thoughts on this, Texas? We can check in on the blockade Wall Street Journal with an update on how the blockade is going there In Iran, it's pretty interesting.
Speaker 2: Stay here.
Speaker 5: A video has surface in which a quadruple amputee cornhole champion.
Speaker 4: Accused of a road rage shooting.
Speaker 5: Is seen firing a semi automatic rifle and standing on his head snorting.
Speaker 2: Drugs off a dollar bill.
Speaker 5: So what's stopping you from living your best life?
Speaker 4: We had that story a couple of weeks ago and didn't even have the details of Well, he hadn't been arrested yet. I guess that videos came out of him doing drugs, standing on his head or whatever. He's a quadruple amputee corn hole champion who murdered a friend with a gun because he's a shooting expert.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's quite a story.
Speaker 1: It sounds like, you know, they have those tall tail contests sometimes, like right, Calaveras County I think in California holds one. And it sounds like the product of some fevered imagination.
Speaker 4: So we have an update on the Trump post where he looks kind of like Jesus, Katie, Linda, you went to the website.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well, while you guys were talking about it, I went to, you know, look at the image itself, and it was there on his truth social and I just went back to grab the link to put it in hot lengths and it has been deleted.
Speaker 4: So somebody convinced him it was too much, and he took it down. We got this text from somebody who is thinks we're being too critical, not saying he's Jesus after blabba bah. He's not saying he's Jesus. He's saying he's ministering and caring for our warriors who give incredible sacrifice.
Speaker 2: That's all he's doing.
Speaker 1: Please look at the image that I'm not even going to dignify that argument, sorry, dressed in the robes exactly like every portrait of Jesus, with divine light emanating from his hands and angels up above him.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 1: I could have changed the world, but it's idiotically blasphemous and inappropriate.
Speaker 4: And the Statue of Liberty over his shoulder, and the Lincoln Movient fighter jets in the air and Baldy flying around, I assume set to Lee Greenwood's song.
Speaker 2: If there were audio, that would be it. Yes.
Speaker 4: Here's an update from the Wall Street Journal on how the blockade is going, which is currently underway of the Straight of hor moves according to us. According to Trump, no boat's getting in and out now, no boats. Sorry, Ran, you ain't making any more money. According to the Wall Street Journal, citing a senior US official, the US blockade of the Straight Armor Moves is now in effect and per the official, fifteen US warships are in position to enforce the blockade. Will we actually have to bring ordinance to bear to stop a boat from going through? I mean that's the SHI to Wall Street General ask, if a boat goes through, we board it, we bomb it?
Speaker 2: We what do we do? Wow? I guess we'll right.
Speaker 4: If you missed a segment of this show, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: Our four is coming Armstrong and Getty