Speaker 1: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo jess hilarious, Good morning, Charlamade, got peace to the planet?
Speaker 3: Is Monday?
Speaker 4: Good morning?
Speaker 5: Yes, back to the work, y'all.
Speaker 4: Feel out that. I feel blessed, black in holly fad but happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners. What's happening.
Speaker 2: How was your mother's day?
Speaker 6: Yess Oh, I was stuck in the airport for like most of the day, but it was it was realaxed and by the time I got home, I know, I had to wake up early this morning. So we didn't go out or anything. We just you know, watched the movie or whatever. My son wanted to watch Deadpool.
Speaker 4: We did THEWK flowing the Newark.
Speaker 3: Yes, no, no, no, no, no, no. The outist problem is gone.
Speaker 2: No, it was out of Sunday morning.
Speaker 6: It was out of it must have stopped for me, you know, thank god. You know I landed well, but no, that's what I was delayed, cancelations. I was delayed. Yeah, but at first I was flying in ct JFK that got the lead.
Speaker 3: So then I was okay.
Speaker 6: So then LaGuardia, it was like all sold out Philly.
Speaker 3: It was nothing to Philly.
Speaker 6: And then they was like, well Newark outs problem is not it you know, it's no more, so you can go ahead flying Snork and I was.
Speaker 2: Like, okaya, I was.
Speaker 3: So I was made issue. I was Detroit.
Speaker 6: Oh, we're gonna get to that. We're gonna get to that lead on in the show. Absolutely, But I do love my fans. I love Detroit always treats me while my fans treat me great. So yeah, we won't get into that. But listen, I have re I've been like rebranded my YouTube. So y'all, y'all see go to Just Hilarious Official on my YouTube channel to see never before seeing clips, the what bts, behind the scenes of everything of how I do just with the mess, just fix my mess, I pay at breakfast club, everything so on the road. So make sure y'all y'all subscribe bright shall subscribe.
Speaker 3: Just Larious Official on YouTube now.
Speaker 5: Salute to all the moms. Hopefully had a great Mother's Day.
Speaker 2: I actually took my mother and my wife and the whole family actually to go see Hell's Kitchen, which is Alicia Keys playing Broadway.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, she was such a dope show.
Speaker 2: Salute to Tank he killed, and salute to the whole cast cast, the woman that played Alicia Keys killed. It is it is a love story. It's a love story for music. It's a love story for her the guy that she wanted.
Speaker 4: It's her love story for Hell's Kitchen.
Speaker 2: And yeah, it gave me the feeling of New York growing up as a kid, like just going outside and seeing people on the stoop and doing the things that we did as kids.
Speaker 5: But it was it was really really dope.
Speaker 2: And then after I went backstage and kicked it with Tank a little bit, but that wasn't the thing. That the dancers in the play, they you know started I guess they knew my kids from dancing.
Speaker 7: So everybody dance.
Speaker 5: Yeah that's a good thing. But they were giving my kids some pointers.
Speaker 2: And one of the actual singers is a dance mom, so she was she's out on the road and she sees them, so my kids got to you know, talk to them and kicking with them about dancing and acting and all that other stuff.
Speaker 3: And the Tank was just being tanked the good brother.
Speaker 4: So Hell's Kitchen is a good play, especially if you're Alicia Keyth super fan.
Speaker 2: Yes, Luisa fan, you're gonna love it. Yeah, you saw it a couple of weeks ago. Yeah, amazing, mazing, amazing show. All right, well, let's get the show cracking. Lizzo will be joining us this morning. Just a new album Love in Real Life.
Speaker 3: Coming this summer.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be kicking it with lizze Yang and do no drop a bomb for applause? Nothing. Okay, there we go, and now we got front page news next. It don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning only everybody. It's DJ Envy, Jesse, Hilarrys, Charlamagne, the Gud. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news all right.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 2: Over the weekend, the Celtics beat the Knicks one fifteen ninety three. The Nicks still lead that series to one. The Thunder and Nuggets they tied the series day won ninety two eighty seven. Now yesterday out the Timberwolves beat the Warriors one o two ninety seven. Minnesota wins its leading that series to to one. That was Saturday Saturday in Indiana. You played yesterday the Calves and the Pacers paces beat them one twenty nine one o nine, Indiana leaves that series three to one. The Knicks LA tonight, Yeah, play to night at seven thirty. Pressures on next Yep, Timbles play at ten o'clock, ursas on Nicks Yi, Yeah, Hey, okaysh is on we Okay.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Morgan, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 8: Happy Monday. How y'all feeling good? Hey you are happy? But lated Mother's Day?
Speaker 7: Thank you, Sam, to you, Jess.
Speaker 6: Did you enjoy I did in the airport, but it was all founded at home. I was able to be with my kids.
Speaker 8: That's a beautiful thing. All right, y'all, let's get into it. First step on the front page. In case you missed it. NewYork, New Jersey Mayor ros Baraka is out of jail after being arrested on Friday for allegedly trespassing at an Ice immigration detention center. Now DHS spokesperson Tricia McLaughlin described the facility, saying it houses MS thirteen gang members and rapists. While President Trump's Acting US Attorney for New Jersey, Elena Habba, made the arrest, and here's what she had to say about it.
Speaker 7: In part, Let's take a listen to.
Speaker 9: Me has publicly for three days been saying that he's going to break in eventually break in with given multiple opportunities to remove himself. We will not stand for anybody getting in the way of getting rid of criminals in this country.
Speaker 7: It's very simple, so Mayor Baraka.
Speaker 8: He spoke out about the incident following his release, saying he felt like he was targeted, his rights were violated, and he's weighing his legal options moving forward.
Speaker 7: Let's take a listen to his comments.
Speaker 2: I'm the mayor of the city.
Speaker 10: I have the right to go anywhere in the city, particularly in places where I think our laws are being violated. I will confer with my lawyers to figure out what's the best pathway forward on this. I think they completely violated my rights. They obviously targeted me. It was more than I wasn't the only one out there. They came directly to me right and trying to arrest me, no one else.
Speaker 7: So Baraka.
Speaker 8: He's urging fellow Democrats to continue to push for access to ICE detention centers. In the ICE detention center where he was arrested, it's giving good trouble, necessary trouble, But Democrats Democratic Representative Rob Menendez Junior, Lamonica mc ivor, and Bonnie Watson Coleman were also involved in the incident at Delaney Hall. Watson claims the Trump administration is acting like a quote dictatorship and its pursuit to arrest immigrants in the country illegally. Let's take a listen to Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman's comments with the people will.
Speaker 1: Make sure that this administration a here's too the rules that separate us from dictatorships in.
Speaker 4: Other third world countries.
Speaker 8: Democratic re Rob Menendez Junior added that this is unacceptable and should shake every American to their core and our collective core. Is what he had to say. What do you guys think about that? I mean, you guys are up there in the region, in the general vicinity of the area. How does this make you feel.
Speaker 4: I don't think this is just about a regional thing like you know, ll no, not at all.
Speaker 7: But this is definitely the president.
Speaker 4: Yeah, especially when we just saw a judge get locked up to weeks ago. I mean, you know, these things happened so fast that we tend to forget, but we just saw a judge get locked up a couple of weeks ago. So it's not just the regional thing. I mean, I don't know how it's gonna play out. To be totally honest with you, I'm not gonna be up here on this radio acting like I got you know, these predictions. I know what's gonna happen. I don't know what's gonna happen in this country from this point on.
Speaker 2: Well does it?
Speaker 7: Does it scare you? I mean in a sense that you know.
Speaker 4: Because I believe in God, so it don't scare me. But you know, it's just I just don't know how everything's gonna play out. All right, It's not trending in the right way, I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 3: Not at all, No, not at all.
Speaker 7: But you know that's your front page news for six a m.
Speaker 8: This is a situation that I will continue to keep an eye on as it is close to home for you guys. And then at seven we will get into what's going on with the New York City Mayor Eric Adams. He had a meeting with President Trump on Friday, So I will get into that all run next car.
Speaker 2: See you next hour.
Speaker 3: More again, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one if you need to vent phone lines.
Speaker 2: I opened again. Eight hundred and five eight five one five one is the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Good morning, the Breakfast Club?
Speaker 7: Right right?
Speaker 5: Ray yo, charlamae yafy, what up are we lost?
Speaker 11: Visit your time to get it off your chest.
Speaker 7: I got an indoor pool, outdoor pool.
Speaker 11: We want to hear from you on the breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Get on the phone right now.
Speaker 6: He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 3: We lie.
Speaker 4: Hello, who's this?
Speaker 2: This is hey Tashiana, Good morning, get it off your chest.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 12: I just want to say I am an official graduate of the real HU Howard University.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: I'll let you live this morning. Congrats.
Speaker 12: I knew you were going to say that.
Speaker 4: It is really too.
Speaker 12: I come from the seven pave seven too, so look put some respect.
Speaker 2: On it, all right, you you got it? And salute to all the graduates I know, mostly the HBCUs a lot of them. Graduation was on Mother's Day this Sunday, so congratulates.
Speaker 7: Oh wait, oh wait.
Speaker 12: And I just would have wanted to say, I want to sell out my mother and my grandmother, because.
Speaker 13: You know they did do it, and my dad too, they did.
Speaker 3: I want to give the side out yep, when.
Speaker 14: You do what they got me there.
Speaker 12: I was a returning student and so you know when I came back this year, I had.
Speaker 10: A lot on my mind and I.
Speaker 7: Didn't want to doubt myself.
Speaker 3: I did it, and I made it. I walked across that stag.
Speaker 12: Congrass, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 5: And what's your major?
Speaker 3: And if anybody a computer science?
Speaker 2: So it was not easy. You got a job yet are used to working. We're usedill, looking.
Speaker 14: Still looking, still looking?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Well, good luck and and and congratulations again.
Speaker 3: I love that major.
Speaker 7: Thank you, Thank you so much.
Speaker 5: Have a good one too.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 3: Who's this from Queen to roll?
Speaker 5: From Queen's What Up?
Speaker 2: We're part of Queen's shout shout to make a Queen south Side? All right, what's up? Get it off your chest? Brother.
Speaker 15: I just wanted to basically talk about my business.
Speaker 13: I'm a person to train here in a long Island.
Speaker 3: I'm changing lives in the gym. Okay, what's the name of the gym?
Speaker 2: Brother?
Speaker 14: The name of my company is trained to inspire.
Speaker 4: I bet you got a bunch of big backs rushing to try to lose a bunch of weight before summertime, right now, Yeah, they knew something was coming, but they just kept eating.
Speaker 12: And y'all dj envy, keep doing what you're doing, jess hilarious.
Speaker 10: I wanted you have to Lover's Day. Also, y'all keep shining.
Speaker 16: And also I listen.
Speaker 15: I listen to y'all faithfully every day. I wanted y'all to please give me a follow on social media?
Speaker 3: What's it put it out there?
Speaker 2: People about the people?
Speaker 14: Well, the people, I'm doing good with them, but I really care about y'all guys. Giving me a follow to see what I'm out there doing in the gym.
Speaker 2: What's your train is trained?
Speaker 15: T r A I n t o inspire and you'll see my name up there to real coffee.
Speaker 4: Okay, I am I to lie to you. I'm gonna go look, you know, saying if you're doing something that's interesting, I'll follow.
Speaker 3: I want you to go look and see.
Speaker 2: That's right. I see you training. I see you training the kid in the wheelchair.
Speaker 3: That's dope.
Speaker 2: I see you out there training, brother.
Speaker 15: I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: You got the kid in the wheelchair. Excuse me, I'm doing pull up.
Speaker 2: He's doing pull ups? Got you with the wheelchair.
Speaker 4: Let me ask your question, serious question, with the with the guys in the wheelchair, do you.
Speaker 2: Do you do anything with them for leg day? Seriously, you shut up.
Speaker 6: I mean, I mean that's the therapy that they did. No, no, no, it really is therapy for paraplegics.
Speaker 2: Everybody in a wheelchair, Yo, shout the man.
Speaker 15: I'm just passionate about what I do.
Speaker 3: Man. And as you see, I'm passionate.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 15: I'm helping everybody out man, everybody, no doubt.
Speaker 2: But I'm asking I'm asking a serious question. Or do some people in.
Speaker 4: Wheelchairs like their legs aren't totally useless?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: Not every man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he must have thought you was you was?
Speaker 3: He was joking with it.
Speaker 7: He thought you were joking.
Speaker 3: But no, that that's a real thing.
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 2: I know he got jokes.
Speaker 3: No, I know he got hop about the paraplegics. Yeah, that's a whole different community.
Speaker 2: Roll up on his list, get it off your chest eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. If you need an event, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 17: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. This is your time to get it off your chest. Whether you're man or blessed.
Speaker 3: I hate the way that you.
Speaker 2: Walk, the way that you talk.
Speaker 3: I hate the way your dress everything when me is best?
Speaker 11: Tall up next? Eight hundred five eight five five one.
Speaker 3: That's just me.
Speaker 5: I'm what the coach of philing. Hello, who's this.
Speaker 2: From Tampa?
Speaker 5: Haye, Faith from Tampa. Get it off your chest.
Speaker 14: It's Monday morning, it's raining, and I'm not ready for it.
Speaker 7: That's right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So are your mom?
Speaker 2: Did you celebrate Mother's Day yesterday?
Speaker 13: I celebrated Mother's Day yesterday was my eight year old Sililah, and I'm thirty two weeks segnant.
Speaker 6: Oh, congratulations and happy belated Mother's Day.
Speaker 3: Just thank you, honey.
Speaker 2: Hey, look, if you don't want to go to work today, you got an excuse. You can say you got to go to the doctor today for a check up. You can say I have an excuse if you you could be tired, you have morning sickness. You could take the day off if you need to take an extra day.
Speaker 7: Ye're correct, that's that.
Speaker 3: That's what hey, Yes, after all right, mama, All right, thank you?
Speaker 2: Hello, who's this.
Speaker 4: This morning?
Speaker 2: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 13: Yes, I want to get it off my chest. I was actually sick in and out of the hospital for like two months, and like I recently started something a lot better, and my so called friend I've been friends with for over thirty years literally just hit me up with a text and then finally called me and said, oh, how you doing.
Speaker 12: I'm like, I'm all right, Oh.
Speaker 13: Well, I can't talk too long because I got my new boyfriend in the car, so I'm not to.
Speaker 12: Call you back.
Speaker 13: No, it's not that I'm happy to I'm happy she getting twisted and getting loose. My thing is, you didn't pop up on me at the hospital. You didn't call me. You just literally sent me at tight and then finally called me to say you can't talk too long?
Speaker 3: Crazy? How old is she? My thing?
Speaker 12: I'm really passed off.
Speaker 13: And I'm like, this is my so called friend, Like I really don't know how to feel about it.
Speaker 3: Oh your friend?
Speaker 7: I thought you said your daughter? Oh man, is she is she usually?
Speaker 3: You said she got a new boot, she got a new bool?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is she is? She usually single?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well she's in a relationship.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying I'm not justifying her, like not you know, reaching out to you and not come to see about her girl whatever, because you are definitely huware. But at the same time, you gotta know when somebody is so used to being single then they finally get somebody.
Speaker 3: Girl all, that's where all the attention be at, like excuse me, like real bad. And she was like, you ain't dying, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You straight.
Speaker 6: Single and you having all access to her. You can't even wrap your head around this new guy she got.
Speaker 13: You know, No, I actually was dying, literally dying.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Oh yeah, she's wrong. Yeah, she's definitely wrong.
Speaker 13: I'm sorry, mama, Well I am going much better for my thing is, Yes, you think I should not talk to her anymore?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no, definitely talk to her because you need to know how you feel. That's your friend.
Speaker 3: She need to know how you feel. And then depending on how.
Speaker 6: She takes the conversation, then you can go on and move on after that and you know, treat her accordingly. But you definitely need to sit down, y'all. She owe you a conversation, for sure, exactly.
Speaker 13: And I'm like, I don't know if I should say something right now because I'm still in the midst of coming out of the hospital.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, focus on your focus on getting better first, because it ain't about her it's about you right now.
Speaker 7: And then yeah, okay, thank you Dan.
Speaker 2: All right, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. Now we got the ladies who Lauria, you look very demure this morning.
Speaker 3: You ain't look very good demure you on a horse?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, very wealthy, yeah, the very wealthy, very attorney.
Speaker 2: Are you going to go into today? The advised video.
Speaker 18: I'm going into court not to advise anyone, but I will be there. And that's what we're actually gonna talk about.
Speaker 4: That is a good court.
Speaker 3: Look, thank you.
Speaker 2: When you park your horse, thank you.
Speaker 18: We are going to talk about that though, because court was actually halted on Friday, and we're going to talk about why because remember I was here and I was like, y'all court is over already, very odd. But we're gonna talk about what went down and how that's going to affect today. Today is the first day of opening statement, So this is a big day for puff in court.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 2: I heard there was a rumor that Cassie might take the stand today.
Speaker 11: I don't ready.
Speaker 2: That's what they said. That's what I heard her ten ten weeks that's what I heard her news this morning.
Speaker 7: We'll get into it.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning everybody in Steve, j n V, Jess hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with Lauren. Lauren be coming a straight fast.
Speaker 4: She gets them.
Speaker 5: Somebody that knows, somebody detail.
Speaker 7: I'm a long girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 4: She'd be having the latest on you.
Speaker 11: The latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details, sometimes you have a little bit.
Speaker 11: Every time. It's the leads on the Breakfast Club talk to me.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 18: So the Diddy trial will continue today May twelfth, But today is a really really big day because opening statements will be getting for both the prosecutors and Diddy's team on the defense.
Speaker 7: But before that starts, they have to select the jury.
Speaker 18: They were supposed to have done this on Friday, that was supposed to be last day it is, but the Diddy's team came in and said, because of cold feet, we.
Speaker 7: Shouldn't do it today.
Speaker 4: Would you mean cold feet?
Speaker 18: So Diddy's team alleged that if they were to have selected the final members of the jury on Friday. Those jury members would have had all weekend to sit, get nervous, get a little scared, basically like they didn't they didn't want that to happen. So whatever, we're like, look, we feel like, because of how high stake this case is, because of the person that is in question, you're talking about Puff, we should wait until Monday, right before we start the opening statements. They have a forty three jurors men and women. They have them narrow that down to twelve definite jurors and six altenates. So the judge agreed, he said, you know what, you're right. I agreed, Let's wait until right before opening statements. We'll choose a jury and then boom, we'll go right with sweatermen, We'll go right into we'll go right into the actual opening statements for prosecutors in the defense.
Speaker 4: So they're expecting this to be a speedy driver.
Speaker 18: The judge has been very, very adamant about wanting to six to schedule. He doesn't even timing like this week court is gonna go from nine to five. He's like, next week we're gonna do nine to three. We're not gonna be in here all day, We're gonna get this done. And I think even with the jury thing not wanting to pick over the weekend is because they don't want no mishaps. They don't want to have to get more people back in if the six altenates fall through, Like they just want to get through.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he wants to get through.
Speaker 2: It that good or bad that they seem like they're trying to get through this fast.
Speaker 7: I don't think it's a bad thing.
Speaker 18: The judge seems really really really fair at the way that he's like handling both sides of it. Prosecutors did push back on it a bit, and I think it's just because for them, they don't care about that like they want they.
Speaker 5: Want the truth.
Speaker 2: They just want to speedy trial. We want the truth for we want people to be in devotes to the facts and all that.
Speaker 7: I mean, it's still eight weeks, Like eight weeks is still a time period for trial. That's enough time.
Speaker 18: But and if there's more time needed, it seems like the judges is fair on both sides. But anyway, so today prosecutors and the defense will to present their opening statements.
Speaker 7: Now, Envy, you had a question about Cassie testifying.
Speaker 2: I think I heard on the news on my way and they said Cassie might be testifying today.
Speaker 18: Well, there have been photos that came out of her last week at the end of the week, very very pregnant in New York. It is expected that she's supposed to testify this week. But for her to testify today, those opening statements from both sides would have to be really really short. I'm told by a source close to the case that it's possible, but for that to happen a day it was like they would have to literally get through their opening statements super fast and then but it all depends on, you know, with strategy the prosecutors are trying to take. Typically you wouldn't lean on the witness for your opening statements, but it depends on where they're going with it. Also to Cassie's really really pregnant, so I think the that's going to play a part too, And both sides wanted to make sure they can get her on the stand early on because once she's out, she's out.
Speaker 4: That's gonna be a very stressful environment for her to be pregnant and be on that stand and the way they're gonna press her, and you know, be bringing up all types of stuff that I'm sure that you know, she may not want to have divulged. That can be a lot.
Speaker 18: Yeah, I talked about this on the podcast The Latest with Lona Rosa. That's actually an interesting point because if I'm a prosecutor and I'm pressing or even in the defense, did he seem and I'm pressing Cassie, the visual of a very pregnant woman sit on the stand being pressed can.
Speaker 7: Turn like if I'm a person, I'm like, oh my god, yes, Like what are y'all doing to her?
Speaker 6: Mentioned pregnancy brain is real, you know what I'm saying. Yeah, for some things can be blurry clear, I don't know, I don't remember whatever. You know what I'm saying, Like, she pregnant in her third tremis the right.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's she's let me let me before I say, let me look it up.
Speaker 6: I just know she's she remember things that happened the day before, sometimes when I was pregnant.
Speaker 3: So it's like, yo, he asked her. It's just it's gonna be stressful for her.
Speaker 2: But they got they gotta go back and forth with it, right, they got to go to the facts. But like you said, it's gonna look so.
Speaker 4: Back and forth. It's gonna be a four court press. But how was they going to do everything in the book at cast But.
Speaker 2: How did he seem going to be looking going full court press with this woman.
Speaker 7: You got to be strategic.
Speaker 18: You gotta do it where you get to what you need to get to. But you don't look like you're like being angry.
Speaker 7: They like the upset.
Speaker 4: You don't care he's fighting for his life.
Speaker 3: Do you want that?
Speaker 11: You don't?
Speaker 18: I feel like you don't want the jury to feel like you're you're attacking up pregnant.
Speaker 4: They're going to do that because the picture that they're going to pain up Cassie is you not innocent. That's what they're going to try to.
Speaker 7: Put one hundred percent of one hundred percent and we're.
Speaker 4: Complicted in all of this and probably a necessory in some cases. That's what That's how they're going to try to paint her.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, they've already started kind of leaning into that now.
Speaker 18: As far as how far along Castie is, she announced her pregnancy in February twenty twenty five.
Speaker 7: Uh So according to Google, she's six maybe.
Speaker 18: Seven months at this point. She's yeah, in the photo, she looked very pregnant. Now I'd already told you guys that from what I was told, Cassie did not want to testify. Victim three, as we know as of today, still does not want to testify and is telling them she does not plan on coming to court.
Speaker 7: There is now a victim five.
Speaker 18: I know Puff's team was trying to keep Victim five out of the conversation or whatever. But victim five, if Victim five does testify, will testify with She's not gonna be able to hide her identity. And this is according to some documents that TMZ recently obtained. And his victim is going to testify as a witness that did he committed an act of sexual misconduct allegedly in the past that he's but he's not being charged for this act in.
Speaker 4: The case any of the victims have penises because you know, there was a lot of talk about you know, male stuff. I don't know did that make it to the court room. I know that was a lot of chatter online, but didn't make it to the court.
Speaker 18: All of the victims that I know of our women at this point, and we were we all have some questions about what happens if victim you're going, I don't know that strategic I probably won't know what to see in all those.
Speaker 5: Suits because a lot of them did. They'se lawsuits got dropped right on.
Speaker 7: The civil side, Yes, there's a there's a number of them.
Speaker 2: So the Rodney one got dropped, right, that's the one they took a shower and he's making beats in the shower something.
Speaker 7: But that's on the civil side.
Speaker 18: I mean to your point, though, I'm sure that they're going to try and make clean claims on the criminal side. Seem like really outrageous because we've watched that on the civil side, but civil and criminals no way. Yeah, yeah, burden the proof is different. But yeah, so that kicks off today. I'll be there, Yeah, I will be there.
Speaker 4: Very Laura la Rossa will be there dressed as Colonel Sanders.
Speaker 7: But it's giving like a cute little colonel period is quite well fitting.
Speaker 6: Es.
Speaker 3: That's what you look like, a question, that's what she looks like. Horse horse, role playing with your man.
Speaker 7: You need to mind your business, right, you got something good?
Speaker 19: All right?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 18: That is that is it and that is all for now. But I will be back with more because it's going to be a long day in court. I need to be there by eight thirty eight. M okay latest, and that's like, honestly, I'm pushing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, all right when we come back, we got front page news and then Lizzo will be joining us.
Speaker 3: So don't go anywhere. It's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 11: Good morning. You're checking out the breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is j Envy, Jess Hilarius, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Let's get back in some front page news. Now, quick sports.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, the Calves lost to the Paces one twenty nine one on nine Indiana, leaves that series three one. The Thunder and Nuggets tied in series two to two. Thunder beat the Thunder beat the Nuggets ninety two eighty seven. Tonight, the next take on the Celtics seven thirty and the Timber will take on the Warriors at ten pm. Let's go do it.
Speaker 4: You are the must win game for the Knicks. It's a must win game for the Knicks. I know, you know, people think that if the Celtics win is just tied.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: If the Celtics win, it's called no. The Celtics went's.
Speaker 2: Going we leave this series too to one right now, We're gonna win tonight. They shouldn't gonna win at home tonight. I'm gonna win at home tonight.
Speaker 5: Alright.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Morgan, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 3: All right, y'all.
Speaker 8: So let's get back into front page news. So batherident Trump set it to the Middle East, and during his trip, he's expected to accept a luxury jet from the Royal Fami family of a Qatar or cutter.
Speaker 7: It depends on how you pronounce it, based on where you are in the world.
Speaker 2: That's illegal, that's uh.
Speaker 8: He's reportedly expected to use this plane, this jet as air Force one, according to multiple resource sources reported.
Speaker 7: To NBC Now.
Speaker 8: The Bowing seven forty seven to eight jet will then be moved to Trump's Presidential Library Foundation following his White House term. And of course, as you mentioned, Charlemagne, the lavish gift is sparking concerns amongst legal scholars as to whether or not it is a legal gift.
Speaker 4: See, we got to stop saying that, Morgan.
Speaker 5: We just got to call it what it is.
Speaker 4: It is illegal. Like when you say spark questions you know amongst legal scholars on whether it's legal. It leaves it open for you know, discussion, it's not. It's not a discussion. It illegal.
Speaker 3: But is it illegal because constitution progrimagement.
Speaker 4: Officials from accepting gifts from any king prince of form state.
Speaker 3: Sounds good, all right? So it is in leagal okay, all right?
Speaker 8: So the White House is previewing President Trump's upcoming visit to the Middle East. He will visit US troops at the air base in Qatar, the largest US military base in the region, and he will also be in Saudi Arabia where he's supposed to get that jet and get an update on Israel Gaza war ceasefire talks. Now, Press Secretary Caroline Lovitt said that Trump is going to reaffirm his commitment for a free and prosperous Middle East.
Speaker 7: Let's take a listen to her comments.
Speaker 16: President Trump will return to re emphasize his continued vision for a proud, prosperous, and successful Middle East where the United States and Middle Eastern nations are in cooperative relationships and where extremism is defeated in place of commerce and cultural exchanges.
Speaker 8: So this comes as Hamas is set to release the last known living American hostage in Gaza as part of an effort to reach that ceasefire agreement. In a statement on Sunday, hamas Is said Israeli American Eden Alexander will be released to help achieve a and allow humanitarian aid to flow into the Gaza.
Speaker 11: Strip.
Speaker 8: US Special Envoy to the Middle East Steve Whitkoff, said he's traveling to Israel to secure Alexander's release, adding that to twenty one year old's family is a static over the news.
Speaker 3: This, this, you know, the world.
Speaker 8: The ceasefire is an amazing thing. But you know that that jet, that's that leads less to be desired. Like you said, that's it's just a yeah.
Speaker 4: And that's why we can't ask answers like we ask answers right will be like, well is the jet illegal? And what and what Nby did is what most people will do in that situation because you're like, well is it illegal, because we're not telling people, point blak, yes it is.
Speaker 2: Well the reason I'm asking because you know, and this is gonna be bad, but he does stuff so blatant.
Speaker 5: I'm like, there's no way it could possibly be.
Speaker 8: Yes, And then the media that essentially yes, exactly but that's essentially what it is is that he's doing things and then it's like, Okay, well he's finding holes here and holes there, and then he's gonna.
Speaker 4: Take there's no holes, there's no holes. This is just just blatant.
Speaker 3: This is blatant.
Speaker 7: What happens when a federal judge blocks this?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? Like it don't?
Speaker 2: I don't see the.
Speaker 4: US Constitution prohibits government officials from accepting gifts from any king, prince of foreign state. But we're in a post constitutional country, so I guess that document means nothing to this administration. So who cares? But think about this outside of it just being widely illegal. These guys fund terrorist organizations. How do we know they can't just make this plane and fall out the sky? And I know the Secret Service is gonna do a sweep with a plane, but it's probably loaded with listening devices and tracking devices. They're gonna have so much intel on our country. Why no, you ain't beware the noble gesture?
Speaker 7: M h, it's a trojan horse.
Speaker 3: Oh no, all right, y'all.
Speaker 8: Switching gears baseline terraffs of ten percent are likely to stay in place as the US negotiates trades deals with countries around the world. Commerce Secretary Howard Lutnik told CNN State of the Union that foreign companies and countries and not foreign companies and countries and not.
Speaker 7: Americans, will birth. They're the burden of those terror.
Speaker 8: And Lutnick says trade deals with other countries will help American businesses.
Speaker 7: Let's take a listen to Howard Lutnik.
Speaker 11: We will not go below ten percent.
Speaker 3: That is just not a place we're going to go.
Speaker 17: We will country by country addressing their particular issues.
Speaker 2: Of course, we're going to have our shelves.
Speaker 10: Full of wonderful products made around the world, but we're gonna make sure on their shelves.
Speaker 3: But American products are.
Speaker 7: Finally given the fair treatment that they deserve.
Speaker 8: So Treasury Secretary Scott Benson said the Trump administration is closing in on a trade deal with China. In a post on social media, President Trump described the meeting as very good, saying there was great progress made and of course, following the weekends talk in Switzerland, Benson said the two countries have agreed to pause their reciprocal tariffs for ninety days, with both sides lowering their rates by one hundred and fifteen percent. Chinese goods had been hit with tariffs as high as one hundred and forty five percent under the Trump administration. In Beijing, in turn, applied a one hundred and twenty five percent levy on some US goods. But it looks like things are going to try, or at least they're trying to strike a deal where some of that eases and bringing things.
Speaker 3: To home to you guys.
Speaker 7: In New York.
Speaker 8: Last story, the Department of Justice is releasing scores of documents in the permanently dropped federal corruption case of New York City Mayor Eric Adams. The release comes as Adams met privately with Donald Trump on Friday in Washington, DC to talk about various issues impacting New York City and New Yorkers. Let's take a listen to their comments.
Speaker 11: Thank you came in to thank.
Speaker 10: Me frankly, and then that would I would say the primary reason.
Speaker 2: But he was very nice.
Speaker 11: He's a nice man.
Speaker 4: Talk of infrastructure, to talk about the coordinations we could have major projects and all the things that New York sphil are importune.
Speaker 7: So the judge in this case had ordered their release.
Speaker 8: The release setting the Friday Friday as the deadline, and after media outlets demanded to see more of these documents. Now more than one thousand pages were released that include court exhibits and unredacted warrant. The Videoj's dismissing of the case also has stirred up a lot of controversy, saying that many feel like Adams is indebted to President Trump and would you say, Charlomagne from the audio thank him?
Speaker 4: Oh no, it is just the way he said it. He basically, he said, he basically came to kiss the ring.
Speaker 2: That's what.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, President Trump.
Speaker 8: President Trump alluded to Adams, saying that he thought he came over there to pretty much thank him, but he did say it was a nice guy. So, you know, I don't know, I'm curious to see how what New Yorkers think.
Speaker 7: You know. I know, y'all got an election coming up, so I'm not gonna get too much into that. But yeah, that's your front page news.
Speaker 8: You can follow me on socials at Morgan Media and for more news coverage, follow at Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app, and visit us at bi.
Speaker 7: Nnews dot com.
Speaker 8: And yes, congratulations to all the graduates like you mentioned MV and Howard University actually set a record. They had their largest graduating class in history. Wow, three and sixty students in the school's history. The oldest was seventy two and the youngest was nineteen.
Speaker 7: Isn't that a beautiful thing?
Speaker 6: Is?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Man, that's why I put that out there, A little positive notes some that's a little glimmer of light.
Speaker 2: You know, all the graduates in twenty twenty five, twenty twenty twenty five graduating classroom to y'all.
Speaker 7: Period period, All right, sall, y'all have a doing all right.
Speaker 3: Now when we come back, A Lizzo will be joining us.
Speaker 2: It don't go anywhere.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club in morning.
Speaker 11: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Morning. Everybody's DJ Envy, Jesse, Hilarious, charlamagnea gud We are the Breakfast Club longas is here as.
Speaker 3: Well, and we got a special guest in the bulding.
Speaker 4: Indeed, Lizzo, that's hi.
Speaker 2: How do you feel? I feel good?
Speaker 4: You look good. Everybody talks about your your physical appearance and how you lost weight. But to me, I see somebody that has changed mentally and spiritually. I see somebody that's on a healing journey because you got to glow about you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you. Well that's where it starts.
Speaker 6: I think I had to start with, you know, cleaning out my mind and my energy and clearing out all of the.
Speaker 3: Negativity around me.
Speaker 6: And I feel like I released so much I was holding on too, and then it starts to manifest physically as well.
Speaker 8: Like that's why I don't call it a weight loss. I do call it a weight release because it started. I got snatched here first, and then my body just followed suit.
Speaker 3: So I do feel amazing.
Speaker 6: I feel like I've always been in a good place because I'm always a positive person. But I think that I was not aware of just like how much toxicity had started to kind of come around in my life. And I had a really beautiful period of isolation and clearing of that energy.
Speaker 3: And now I just feel like, oh, I was holding on this so much. You gotta let go. It's hard for me.
Speaker 6: I'm a tourist, so I'll hold I'll hope on. Yeah, hard head is stubborn, loyal, you know so. But I'm so glad you feel that it's an oor thing.
Speaker 3: Tell me, said, Pilate's helped a lot with it too.
Speaker 11: Right.
Speaker 6: I started out with pilates, yeah, because my back was hurting and that was the best way to get moving.
Speaker 3: But I do a lot of things.
Speaker 6: I strength train, I do yoga, sculpt I hike, I played pickleball, I got a water bike.
Speaker 2: You know, a little bit you just Pilates was one of the best. I did pilates with my daughter.
Speaker 3: Wait, you do pilate?
Speaker 2: Yeah, wanted me to go with because I didn't want to go at first, but it was you know, you do some stuff with your daughter, and I did it. She's twenty one, twenty three, and she took me to do pilates and it was the most amazing thing. All my aches, all my pains, he was able to stretch it out. It was it was I'm the only guy in there, damn.
Speaker 3: Which is crazy because pilates, that's a man.
Speaker 6: His name is Joseph pilateis correct. A man created it and is designed to help you with longevity. So he lived to be like well, I mean, I think he passed away in a house fire, but he could have lived to be like two hundred years old.
Speaker 5: They just got changed the music a little bit. Sometimes that music is just don't be funny.
Speaker 3: That motivates you to keep doing it.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you need a little trap music.
Speaker 6: Trap pilates is crazy. You better trademark that for somebody taking in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: One of our friends, Weezys New York that does from the Decision of Decisions podcast.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she has an actual place called trap House Fitsiness and that's what they do.
Speaker 6: But is it called trap pilates Because I'm I'm a branding girl, I'm a trademarked that.
Speaker 4: Trap House Fitness. I don't know that's cool?
Speaker 3: Well, okay, is not taken. Listen, it's a billion dollar idea.
Speaker 4: You've always had a form of self love that people can see, But I feel like it's just more radical now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think it has to be. I have to fight for it a little bit more, but I think I always had.
Speaker 3: To fight for it though.
Speaker 6: Actually, I just think it's just like as your life changes and different things happen to you, you gotta you know, move differently. Yeah, I think it's just a life thing, Like you can't handle every situation in your life the same you get older, you grow.
Speaker 3: Everybody can relate to that.
Speaker 18: At what point in your career did you get to this point where like you even talk about that side of it more because I feel like when you first came out, even when you did talk about like stuff that wasn't as positive, you still kept it so positive. But now that you stream, you really get into like how you feel for real, what you're going through you like, And it was a lot more protected when Lizzo first came on the scene. From what I felt like, the brand was protected a little bit more. But now you're taking control over a lot more.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I just think people know me a little bit more.
Speaker 6: So I think I'm able to communicate things and not put a bow on it or have a happy ending because y'all just know me more. I think when I first came out, people didn't know me.
Speaker 8: So the brand is very like one note because it's like, oh, that's that girl, that's the happy girl who'll be working with the flu, you know, And but that happens to everybody, Like any artists, you just become like a thing.
Speaker 3: You're not a person.
Speaker 6: But I think the more we get to know artists, and the longer they're in the game, the brand becomes more multifaceted, and I think mine just expanded a little bit more so.
Speaker 3: I feel more comfortable communicating.
Speaker 6: And I also I feel safer on stream talking about these kinds of things because I know I'm in a room with people who get me. Y'all understand me, you know me, So I can tell you how to I'm feeling or what I went through, and you know, these real moments that I have, I can share that, and I arge you you were saying that people are kinder there as well, like it's a better sense of community on Twitch and streaming that that's good.
Speaker 7: When did you were you scared to before? Were you scared to dive into that part?
Speaker 6: You know? I always kind of flirted with it because I love like running my mouth and I love talking and I love talking to my fans. I've always been this person like with my social media. So I had a whole Twitch set up in my house, just ready to go, and I was like, I was like, I want to whole streaming set up now, I want games, all of that, the sims, And it was just in my house, sitting there, and I was kind of intimidated by it. I would walk by it every day and be like, one of these days, I'm a stream one of these days, And then I remember my friends Solana. She was like, I'm about to be on kay Sanat, like pull up with me, and I was literally I was like when she was like in two hours, I said, okay, let me get myself together and like go pull up with my friend.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, but my.
Speaker 7: Friends, Sillana, A lot of people might not know you're talking Tomn.
Speaker 5: I know, you know, but the average person might not know.
Speaker 8: I just like average people might not know that cause is casually talking about I am so sorry if the track Sisza hit me and was like, I'm about to be on kay Sanat in like two hours, can you pull up with me? And I was like, yeah, I'm gonna pull up with you because I'm like, I was so afraid because it's like he has like hundreds and hundreds of thousands damn near million people watching and commenting in real time.
Speaker 3: Oh god, that's terrifying. So I said, you know what, I'm gonna pull up. I'm gonna ride with my friend.
Speaker 6: And I was like, if anybody got anything negative to say though, say it about me.
Speaker 3: God damn it, you know. So I pulled up and I had so much fun and I was reading the chat and they.
Speaker 6: Were like yeah, W Lizzo, yeah, W Sizza, Yeah, literally motes and I was like, oh, they're so nice, and that made me feel comfortable with diving into my own channel. I made Lizo be twitching and Kai got me like forty thousand subscribers in like two seconds.
Speaker 3: He was like, everybody goes spam Lizzo be twitching right now, and they all followed it.
Speaker 6: And I was like, Okay, now I have to Stria because they just gonna be sitting in there, you know, building a cachet.
Speaker 3: So that really helps, would you say, absolutely?
Speaker 6: I have to run my mouth. I'm a life path three, I'm a communicator. So therapy was the beginning of that. Like that saved my life, being able to talk to somebody once a week and just run my mouth and figure out my issues. And I feel like when I communicate, when I write music, when I sing songs, when I go on tour, when I talk to people, it is very healing and it's very connecting. I need to connect to feel good. I can't be disconnected. I go actually insane.
Speaker 4: I've learned you mean you can't be disconnected from people?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can't be disconnected from people. I go insane.
Speaker 7: So at a point where you said you had to step back and isolate.
Speaker 6: That was kind of hard for you too, since you had to I mean, I know you had to do it, and it all, you know, made sense, and it made sense in the end, but it still was challenging for you because you have to be connected to people personally. It was a little insanity, but I think in a little period of insanity can be helpful because you have to do really hard work.
Speaker 3: And I was at a point in my life where.
Speaker 6: The Internet hated me and I could not trust the people around me like friends, family, co workers, and I was severely depressed.
Speaker 3: And now I feel like I know who I am. I know whose I am, and can't.
Speaker 6: Nobody shape that because once I reintroduced myself back into connecting with people in front, friends and trusting the Internet, and you know.
Speaker 3: I'm like, I know who I am, I move with a different kind of confidence.
Speaker 2: We still kicking it with Lizzo, Lauren.
Speaker 18: Does it get on your nerves though, that sometimes every single thing you do people still relate it to, like wanting to talk about you in certain ways, like you were at the Met Gala.
Speaker 7: The outfit went off.
Speaker 18: Every headline though, is about your weight loss and not about how good you look. And I think that that's unfair and it happens a lot with you. Does that get annoying to you where it's like I can't move around that, like people always want to talk about me.
Speaker 3: Well, I signed up for it.
Speaker 6: I knew when you know, back in twenty fourteen and big girls weren't wearing leotars on stage, and I said, I'm about to put me on one of these Beyonce dance leotars, and I'm about to have big girls behind me wearing them too, Because I knew that my body would be the focus of that conversation. And it was something that because it was unavoidable, I either I could hide and run from it, and people are gonna do it anyway. You know, It's like the big girl wearing your arms out theory. It's like we know your arms big, whether.
Speaker 8: You know cover it up or not, we know your arms there, so either enjoy the outfit.
Speaker 3: And wear your arms out or cover your arms up, but we know what it is.
Speaker 6: So for me, it was just like I'm just gonna run head first into it. What I didn't know is that it would never go away. No matter how much my body changes, it's never gonna go away. But I think that I have to just like accept that, and I'm actually cool with it. It doesn't annoy me because I look good, you know. And even when I was bigger, I looked good.
Speaker 3: So it's like, say what you want.
Speaker 6: But there was always someone in the comments being like, yeah, but she's still beautiful and she looks soft and face card never declined.
Speaker 18: So what about the time because I was reporting when all the lawsuit stuff happened, and you didn't say anything for a long time, like not at all, which most people come out and say stuff. I was wondering the day that it was dropped, how did you feel? What was your thought process around that? Because you were in isolation at that point, right.
Speaker 3: I was in Japan, Yeah, on a dream trip, a.
Speaker 18: Brough of fresh air or did you feel like but the conversation is still there and it's just hard.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's very hard because I was confused. I was confused and I was a little like hurt. But I was in Japan with it was my first time ever being in Japan. I was with my best friend and her kids. We were at Hello Kitty World, and I'm like crying in the car, but I'm like, Okay, wipe your tears and go in there and have fun with the babies because we had Hello Kitty World, and you only do this once with these kids who've never been to Japan and.
Speaker 3: That's their dream.
Speaker 8: So I did a lot of balance in between that. But I'll tell you one thing about Tokyo. They don't give it what's going on in your personal.
Speaker 3: Life, and Tokyo they're like liszten, I love me having a picture. I'm like, like, I had a great.
Speaker 8: Time, like nobody's nosy in Japan, and I think being there was God for sure, because though I was dealing with a lot of inner turmoil and hurt on in shock and confusion, I was in this place that didn't reflect that or throw that back at me. I had my first panic attack when I came back to la for the first time after everything. The lawsuit had dropped and I was in Japan for like a month and I landed in America. I had a panic attack in the car because as I was walking through the airport, I was like, everybody hates me, everybody's you know. I got in my head and I got in a car and I had this, Yeah, I had this like pressure on my chest. Mind you, I've had anxiety attacks. That feels different than a panic attack. I had pressure on my chest. I said, something's really wrong. I couldn't use my limbs or my body, and I was like, I literally crawled to my bed and just like broke down. I was like, what's happening to me? And I talked to my doctor and he was like, yeah, you had a panic attack.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And I think America, everybody want to know everybody's business here, so it's this weird almost like invisible. I'm not a victim, so I don't want to say attack, but it was like, you know, this pressure or this like I don't know, it's like implied energy in America where I'm like, oh I need to hide. Versus Japan, I could be a Hello Kiddy world and everyone's like.
Speaker 7: I was right.
Speaker 3: When somebody lies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that when you started thinking people hated you. But I wondered, do you remember what the industry felt like? What what social media even felt like? Before that lossuit?
Speaker 6: It felt very like silly and lighthearted, and I had like a lot of freedom to just scroll and I see nothing about me. And then I was on and I would scroll and every like three scrolls it was and I was like, oh, we'll be like Liza. If I just see two z's, my heart started raising pizza. But I was like, and I just kept scrolling. So it felt it felt a little bit more hostile. But I'll say in general, I think the Internet has I got more hostile for everybody, every like out of nowhere, Like it used to be so fun and lighthearted and now everybody is beefing and quarreling and dropping tea and I'm just like, WHOA, when did this happen? But that's when it happened for me. Like I was like, oh, I have to get off. And so from I would say October twenty twenty three to maybe even like April twenty twenty four, I wasn't on my phone at all. I threw my phone away, Like I had my team post things for me because I had to post about yiddie and I had to post about, you know, little things I wanted to share with people. I didn't want to completely disappear because that's not who I am. But my team posted it for me and I did not scroll. I did not look at the internet because I was too sensitive, and I think I don't think I could have handled it. And I'll also say this in reference to the lawsuit, I would say, in light of all of the other like high profile lawsuits that have been coming out comparatively that allegations against me, I think, now we see we're just like kind of ridiculous.
Speaker 3: You know, I cracked my knuckles.
Speaker 4: The script club to me and and mind.
Speaker 3: You, it was going to the strip club.
Speaker 6: It doesn't say that I did anything like I didn't do anything to anyone in that strip blood just went to the strip club. And then like being fat phobic for firing someone for gaining weight, that just wasn't true.
Speaker 5: It wasn't true, but it was hilarious, just right.
Speaker 2: But that's why nobody believed It's like right.
Speaker 6: But but I also have to say, like one of my fears is I don't want my situation and my lawsuit to be an indicator on any other that's going on.
Speaker 3: I don't want it to invalidate any.
Speaker 6: Other actual because I will always stand for real victims of sexual harassment and sexual violence and anything, and I will always stand for them and ride for them. So I don't want what happened to me to kind of invalidate anything else going on in the world. And that was really important to me, which is why I was quiet for a long time, because I still want to protect victims.
Speaker 2: How does that not change you? Right? How does that not change Liz as a person? I did though, because now do you still go out with people? Do you still feel as free?
Speaker 11: Do you?
Speaker 5: Are you still the listener?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: Baby?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Hell baby?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I say, because it changes you as a person. And is that a good thing of bad?
Speaker 3: I think it's an amazing thing. I am. You know what, God really loves me.
Speaker 6: I have to say that, and I feel like everything that happens to me is God, and God is preparing me for something that I don't even know about. But I feel like I readied myself now as I feel like a boss, like I feel like a better boss.
Speaker 3: I feel like a better friend.
Speaker 6: I feel like I know how to run a big operation, you know, because mind you back to the pandemic thing.
Speaker 3: I blew up in twenty twenty and twenty nineteen. I had maybe four crew members.
Speaker 8: I had one roadie, I had a tour manager and two dancers, and then the world shut down in twenty twenty and I blew up and I did my first arena tour after being in isolation for two years, and I'm suddenly standing in a room with seventy eighty people that I'm like, I don't I want to know everybody's names. That works for me, And it was really weird, And I got a crash course and being an arena level artist, a big artist, like after literally being an indie artist for ten years and being in isolation for two years. So by the time I was running arena level operation, I didn't have no practice in that, I didn't have no experiences, and I learned the hard way how to be a boss.
Speaker 6: But I'm gonna be a better boss for it. And I'm really proud of myself. Yeah, if you're on my payroll, we're not going to the bar. We're not gonna have drinks together. You know what I'm saying breakfast. But I got friends for that. I got friends for that. Okay, I got two friends. My best friend Alexo Derillo from a shout out Houston, Texas and shout out Chante.
Speaker 2: We're still kicking it with lizz Oh Charlamagne.
Speaker 4: So what do you, how do you decide, like what's for the stage or what's for the public, and what's.
Speaker 6: Sacred now hmm, there's a lot that's sacred, you know, my my, my barameter for what's for the world. If you really love something, keep it a secret. If so, there are things that I protect now that you know. Before I didn't think it of it as protection. I thought of it as like, oh my gosh, like I'm keeping something from my fans, I'm keeping something from the public, Like I want you guys to see this, like you should see this.
Speaker 3: Like I literally like the term hard.
Speaker 6: Laune I that was me, you know, because I was like, gosh, like love, Like I want y'all to see this.
Speaker 3: This is so beautiful.
Speaker 6: And then the world got two seconds of my relationship and I was like, oh yeah, y'all know how to act.
Speaker 7: I literally just look I was looking to see. I was like, she ain't posted him in a minute.
Speaker 3: Y'all know how to act? You lost your privileges. Yeah, so all year, all that cute, all that black love back in the vaults.
Speaker 18: I mean, maybe I only saw the positive stuff because I thought I saw a lot of people that were happy for you. Yeah, yeah, but it was that bad because I was literally on my Instagram looking, I'm like, you know what, people, people were really positive. This isn't about like people.
Speaker 6: I do think that, you know, I don't want to give nobody an opportunity to destroy something good. And I found that it wasn't really necessarily about my relationship that people did that. It was other things, my other relationships where that happened. And I was like, I don't even want to give you the opportunity, no shade, like, no disrespect. I love everybody, thank you for being so cool. But due to new management in my personal life, I have to I have to protect this because I saw so much get destroyed by lies and I didn't want that to happen to my relationships.
Speaker 3: So it's very protected.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Do you have any tear jerkers on love in real life?
Speaker 9: We do.
Speaker 3: There's one song in particular that had to lead a room. It ran out. I said, I'm sorry.
Speaker 6: I had like, oh, I'm gonna get sad, even though it's not. I mean, sometimes I feel that I wrote I lost my dog. I lost my dog and she was twenty years oh can you see.
Speaker 3: Maltese?
Speaker 6: Yeah, and I lost her like in the thick of it December twenty twenty three, when I was like at my most depressed, and then she left and I was like, mind you twenty years like she like a gramdma of me, you know, and that really broke me down. And I wrote a song about it. But it wasn't just about Hookah, she said. I sampled her voice on the song, but it was about lost in general.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I lost my father very young, and so it was a song of grief and death. And I was like, don't put this on your album. Like I'm the happy girl, I'm the positive spin you know. I was like, you know what, I owe it to myself, not just to my fans or to to myself to put a song like this on my album. And so there is a moment in there. It's called Phone to Heaven, and so that's a little tear jerker.
Speaker 4: People who listen to your music, they know why you successful, right, But then you have some people who feel like you were only successful because at the time people were checking off boxes. You're a black woman, you big, you know, diversity, all of that type of stuff. What do you say to those people?
Speaker 6: I would say that I created that lane I don't think people were looking for diversity. I was undeniable, and that created the trend of checking boxes. I don't disagree that at a certain point we started checking boxes.
Speaker 3: When it comes to.
Speaker 6: Checking a box of black, fat woman, I'm a ride for that every time.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 6: I'm rooting for everyone black, and I'm rooting for everyone fat, black and woman.
Speaker 3: I don't care.
Speaker 6: You don't have to if you're not the most talented person in the world and you got pushed through yay, because it happens to other people all the time who don't look like that, and we deserve it.
Speaker 8: I am big, we talk about baby, I'm big, maybe not the biggest more so now Okay, I'm in a room full of people I trust. Right, the internet is like Lizo skinny now I am. I am well over two hundred pounds.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. I'm five ft nine.
Speaker 4: In a different direction.
Speaker 3: I got double numbered pants on, right. But you're trying to be.
Speaker 18: No, okay, yeah, because you look amazing. I think, are you saying that you're bigger than what an industry standard is because you're not. You are bigger than what some people would determine the industry state. But that standard is like going twenty five people. I don't even think that's next to any.
Speaker 3: Pop star right now, Like I'm still bigger than them, do you.
Speaker 15: Know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Is there a version of Lizzle we haven't seen yet? And are you afraid to shore?
Speaker 6: I'm not afraid, but I am protective. I think protection can be fear based. Sometimes a lot of people, like a protective mother is like, oh, I'm afraid something might happen to my child.
Speaker 3: Let me be overly protective.
Speaker 6: So sometimes there's a like if y'all saw how I really you know am Sometimes like when I'm working, I feel like people wouldn't understand, and it's like, because I'm a very hard worker, I actually am.
Speaker 3: Like ask anybody in this industry.
Speaker 6: They're like, she wanted the hardest working, And I think the because I'm fat, like the trope of oh she lazy or whatever comes in and I get that put on me, and so people don't put me in the category of the hardworking divas that we all know and love today.
Speaker 7: But I work very hard and.
Speaker 6: I don't show that side because you get to just enjoy the show. You get to just enjoy the product. But though I work hard, I'm very kind to the people who I work with. I'm very measured, I'm very fair, but it gets real. I love to work, but I'm not gonna pull back the curtain and show. There's other artists who do that, Like Beyonce pulls back the curtain for us, and we see her work ethic and I respect that and I love that, and I'm like, exactly when I see how she works when she put that black hoodie on, I'm like exactly, because that's how I.
Speaker 8: Get down too, down to the lighting, down to the timing, down to the sounds and the sonics of the music. We put that work in and the and we.
Speaker 6: Don't show y'all because you're gonna say, oh, she's a like black women, especially, oh she's a So it's like, we don't even want to show y'all because y'all are gonna judge us. But we need But I love when Beyonce does it because it puts respect on it. That's how we get down. So that that part, I'm not gonna pull back the curtain because already got enough alligations against me.
Speaker 4: Liz, Thank you, Thank you for the conversation. Keep doing the work.
Speaker 19: Man.
Speaker 4: I love to see you blow up mind, body and spirit.
Speaker 2: Thank you, listens to you.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning Warning, everybody's DJ.
Speaker 2: NV Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with Laura.
Speaker 3: Lauren be coming a straight fast.
Speaker 5: She gets somebody that knows, somebody gets the detail.
Speaker 7: I'm the one girl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 2: And she'd be having the latest on this The latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you have facts, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit of everything.
Speaker 11: It's the leads on the Breakfast Club. Talk to me.
Speaker 18: So Eman Schumpard is asking for Tiana Taylor to be held in criminal contempt of court and to be thrown in jail for twenty days.
Speaker 4: Okay, now y'all going too far. Come on to month for what?
Speaker 7: Well, uh, this is what.
Speaker 18: So he's basically saying that when Tiana Taylor spoke out, remember we reported in the about the divorce agreement that they had, and people were saying, she got this, she got that, and then she came out and spoke for herself. She went live on Instagram and did a video and she spoke for herself. He said, because of that, she's in content because their agreement, which they reached back in July of twenty twenty four, stated that neither one of them were supposed to talk about terms of what the agreement was, and she went online and she did. So I have the audio from that live. Let's take a listen to Tiana on emon in the reputation.
Speaker 7: Of course, a.
Speaker 1: Person is willing to leak somebody that make them look like a victim. And I'm literally going to my ex husband. Keep in mind, me and Eimano on good terms. I didn't even know we was beef, and so I had them on some light. People was putting off these blows and then you know, somebody's kind of sending me a little bit of proof that you're paying to ship this stuff around to promote and help trend your name. Like you know, I'm like, but I don't want to believe that.
Speaker 7: It's you, because we're in such a great space.
Speaker 1: Like I got love for you for real, for real, I just like want to know if you could like stand up for me, because I mean, I feel like I've been saying off you for you to say I've been protecting you by staying silent. That's so like passive aggressive and like what you're trying to say, You're protecting me by making me look like I took everything from you. I am begging y'all to let me get my back blown out in piece every by.
Speaker 8: She couldn't.
Speaker 4: I would have made me want to be see her in jail too, though I'm just talking about my hurt. I wouldn't mind.
Speaker 5: You don't want your ex wife or your baby mother.
Speaker 11: I bought you.
Speaker 4: Business is business court, of course, but that's still the mother a child. You don't want her to go to jail because of gossip.
Speaker 6: And and then she didn't talk about any terms like, she didn't say what she got to respond, she respond.
Speaker 18: So she did go into the terms of explaining what she got. We do have that audio as well. Let's say, listen, y'all said that I won.
Speaker 1: This luxury tour bus, I want a luxury Sprinter, I want a luxury the Mayback, and I won a Jeep Gladiator.
Speaker 3: I bought those. I paid for those.
Speaker 1: Trust me, I've seen a lot of women in the comments be excited for me and say, yeah, girl, as you should. No, it's not no, as you should, because I didn't. I walked away with what was mine. I came in with my own properties. He came in with his own properties. It's about four properties that both me and he mom put time, construction money, hundreds and thousands of dollars.
Speaker 3: Into our properties. We have four of those.
Speaker 7: He got two of those and I got two of those. I'm not here to talk about any of our personal business.
Speaker 1: I'm here to talk about exactly what is on the internet that is making me look like I'm some type of villain.
Speaker 7: So if it's already out there, why she can't say? Because here's the thing.
Speaker 18: When the stories came out before or they leaked, it wasn't in mine saying hey, here is what happened, here's what we walked away with. There were just his story here, and it's a.
Speaker 3: Little sneaky with it, just a little sneakier with it obviously.
Speaker 7: Well, I mean that's what she's a lesbond in that first clip.
Speaker 18: And the reason why I played that is because in mine is saying that, because she chose to get online and talk about the provisions and all these things that they you know, came to terms on, it violated financial circumstances, privacy, safety and security of the parties and their minor children. And he's saying that it actually resulted in him suffering a loss of income and damaged his personal professional reputation.
Speaker 4: Will take leave if you want to take a legal action, I understand, But calling for her to get locked up, that's that's.
Speaker 18: A bit more I think the way because also to when you go when you say a person is in contempt, there's consequences to the contempt, and these are just what that's what that's what is what is assigned with this.
Speaker 3: So it's not like he's making like y'all want her to go to jail like she's supposed to go.
Speaker 18: I mean, if you're saying she's in contempt of court and you know those are the consequences, technically one plus one equals two.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but he's not the one like, hey, judge, this is what I.
Speaker 2: Think she has to go too far.
Speaker 18: Calling for this, well this if you know that these are the consequences as stated when y'all agreed to this, and then you go and say she violated this agreement, you can't say that you're not asking for it to happen because you're saying she violated, she violated, get in trouble.
Speaker 4: Hold on, man, I'm confused. I thought that y'all said that he called.
Speaker 18: For her to go to jail, by him, by him and his attorneys going and saying to a judge, she is in contempt of court. You were asking for whatever consequences come with that, contempt.
Speaker 2: Penalty and genalty jail. Look if you ask for what that is the penalty and asked, what's.
Speaker 4: What he's not saying put her in jail. I get what you're saying. Yeah, he's not saying that in his mouth. No, but from he just wants her to respect the guidelines of whatever the thing was.
Speaker 18: Yes, But the reason why this is being picked up that way because, according to him, because she didn't, she could be looking at twenty days in jail in a fine.
Speaker 4: But what you're saying, I think you were saying something I do want to say. You know, let's let's let's think this through them on because we don't need to going to jail. I feel like this is misdirected anger. But we need to focus on is how we get moved fast in the zoo. Now that's who we gotta get zoo we get.
Speaker 5: Him in the zoo, why get her back?
Speaker 4: That's not bothering him. I know what, I know, that's what it's.
Speaker 3: Focus on.
Speaker 7: Matt Galla with Ruth Carter looking good, she get her black blown out.
Speaker 11: I think.
Speaker 3: That might be happening to.
Speaker 4: Depending how good it is when you know, you know, when you get your black blown out speaking with a white man.
Speaker 2: That's when.
Speaker 7: Pierre Foster is not a white man.
Speaker 3: But I know that.
Speaker 2: But allegedly they're saying it's it's all lies and and the only reason that this keeps coming up is because every time Tiana does something special or new and something comes out, that's what they're saying. I don't know, Okaya between the lines.
Speaker 7: Laura, I just wanted to make sure that we could.
Speaker 5: That's what they're saying.
Speaker 2: She had an amazing time at the met gal everybody was talking about outfits, and now something comes out. So they're saying, every time something happens, great for Tiana.
Speaker 18: You hear some bs man, when that black get blown out, it's gonna be what's going to happening.
Speaker 7: But yeah, so that that's it.
Speaker 18: I just want them to you know, separate and just I mean they're separated, but just go and live y'all separate lives and just this is this is a lot because I.
Speaker 4: Don't know what mon personally like that. I know Tiana, but I don't think a man would want that. A mon would.
Speaker 2: You don't want to see your baby mom to the mother of your children, your ex wife go to jail now you don't want to you know, nobody wants to see that.
Speaker 3: I would hope not. That's it. That's what I mean.
Speaker 7: I know I have more time.
Speaker 2: Nope.
Speaker 6: Oh, and then saying to oh, you know, she got a new movie coming out, don't play with her, Sanna, she's been working.
Speaker 3: So is it off on some good you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 7: Yeah, what's the movie?
Speaker 3: Is the Straw?
Speaker 11: Is that?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 3: It's ain't know the damn straw is just straw? Yeah, I mean, you know, premiering and.
Speaker 7: It's on Netflix. It's called Straw and we're actually gonna go sell it.
Speaker 2: Yes, it is a t.
Speaker 4: Yes, she ironically played the police officer.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 18: The movie follows a single mother who finds herself in a difficult situation becomes entangled in events she never imagined. The cast also includes uh simbad in Mike Moreau and it's a part of the film's creative partnership with Netflix, Tyler Perry's creative partnership nine.
Speaker 3: All right, well that is the latest one.
Speaker 5: Law shut the mine. Yes, we'll give it down.
Speaker 4: We need the Trump administration to come to the front of the congregation. Okay, we'd like to have a word with him.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yes, we'll get to that. Next, it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Good morning. Donald J.
Speaker 10: Trump is calling for a total and complete chuck out of Muslims entering the United States.
Speaker 1: Would you love to see one of these NFL owners when somebody disrespects our flag to say, get that son of up the drup the field right now out.
Speaker 2: He's fired. He's fired.
Speaker 11: Please step up to the congregation.
Speaker 4: Yes you are.
Speaker 6: Trump.
Speaker 2: When Mexico sends his feet, you're not sending their best.
Speaker 3: They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crimes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's Donkey today for Monday May twelve. The twelve right yes goes to the Trump administration as the staff administration, record label and mother, EF and crew. Now nobody floods his zone like the Trump administration. Okay, every day, every hour, every minute, every second is something. And I could give them Donkey today three or four times a week if I wanted to. But today, America, we got to talk. Okay. I don't know if you've seen the headline, but according to every news outlet, but I'm going to quote ABC News right now the headline and listen to this. The Trump administration poised to accept palace in the Sky as a gift for Trump from Qatar. Yes, and what may be the most valuable gift ever extended to the US from a foreign government. The Trump administration is preparing to accept a super luxury Boeing seven forty seven to eight jumbo jet from the Royal family of Katar. You can't make this up. Let's go to CBS News for the report.
Speaker 19: Police the Gulf nation of Cutter says the gift of a luxury jumbo jet to serve as a presidential aircraft.
Speaker 11: For Donald Trump is quote under consideration.
Speaker 19: Whatever it is, gift or plan, it comes as a president prepares for a three nation trip to the Middle East. President Trump has already toured this seventh forty seven dash eight. It happened in February when the luxury jet was flown to Palm Beach, Florida. CBS News has learned it's poised to be a gift from Cutter's royal family. It is not ready for presidential use and would need to be retrofitted the President, who departs Monday to Saudi Arabia, Cutter and the UAE will use one of the seven forty sevens that have served as Air Force one since the first President Bush. The value of the gift from a foreign power is sparking legal and ethical concerns. Maryland Democrat Jamie Raskin posting on X the Constitution is perfectly clear no present of any kind whatever from a foreign state without congressional permission. The White House Press secretary says, the administration will comply with the law.
Speaker 4: Well, it's Cutter, Cutter a four hundred million dollar gift, Okay a jet? Listen, CNN, MSNBC, Fox, all media outlets. Let's not do the dumb thing y'all do when you ask answers. I hate when I'm watching these networks. CNN does it the most by the way they ask answers. For example, they will say, is Donald Trump accepting this plane from Cutter? Illegal? Then they debate it, and then we the people are sitting back at home, not processing the information the way that we should because we are looking at it through the lens of Is Trump taking the plane wrong? Is Trump taking the plane right? When there's only one answer, it is absolutely wrong.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: The US Constitution prohibits government officials from accepting gifts from any king, prince, or foreign state full stop. Now Trump posted on social media. So the fact that the Defense Department is getting a gift free a charge of a seven forty seven aircraft to replace the forty year old Air Force one temporarily, and a very public and transparent transaction, so bothers the crooked Democrats that they insist we pay top dollars for the plane.
Speaker 2: It's not just.
Speaker 4: Democrats that I saw complaining about this, Okay. A lot of Trump's own supporters will complain about this as well. And he said it's very public and transparent. Just because you sell dope committem rob somebody in broad daylight in front of a bunch of people doesn't make it any less of a crime. Okay. If it's one thing we've learned from politicians over the past decade is that corruption can be very public and very transparent.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 4: Now, in the constitution, it says you are prohibited from accepting gifts from foreign states without the consent of Congress, aiming to prevent undue foreign influence on US officials. So critics argue that accepting such a valuable gift like this jet estimated at four hundred million, without congressional approval could be unconstitutional. Now listen, I'm not about to sit up here and act like I'm some constitutional scholar. But outside of this being unconstitutional widely illegal, why would you take a gift from people who fund terrorist organizations that kill a lot of Americans? And why, you know, I say take the gift, I'm simply saying why would you trust these people? When I say take the gift, I'm simply saying, why would you trust these people? Beware the noble gesture? Okay, we know what that means, right, That an act motivated by generosity may actually be a deceptive or manipulative. Manipulative move. Yes, appearances can be deceiving, and you should be cautious when evaluating someone's motives behind the jest. And first of all, these people are not gifting a four hundred million dollar plane out of the goodness of their heart. Okay, come on, Trump administration. Y'all at least have to know that this gift comes with a lot of strings attached to it. And what makes you think that these folks can't cut those strings at any given time? Once again, these people from terrorist organizations, How do we know they can't make this plane fall out of this guy anytime they want to. How do we know this plane isn't just a big ass bomb. I know the Secret Service will do a sweep of the plane, but how do we know it's not loaded with listening devices, tracking devices. They are potentially going to have so much intel on our country. And none of this would happen if this administration, the Trump administration, simply moved with ethics and did things in a constitutional way. Please give the Trump administration the biggest sea hull. Just move with some ethics and in a constitutional way, and we wouldn't have none of these problems. Wouldn't be a discussion.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, thank you for that donkey today.
Speaker 2: Now when we come back eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one, we're gonna open up the phone lines. Now, this conversation comes from an experience that Jess had over the weekend in Detroit, She's gonna break it down absolutely, And the question is is, uh, do you find it harder to support black owned businesses?
Speaker 11: Now?
Speaker 5: That is a question, and Jess.
Speaker 3: Will explain when we come back.
Speaker 2: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five to one. Phone lines wide open. It's the Breakfast Club the morning.
Speaker 11: It's the Breakfast Club. It's topic time.
Speaker 17: Call eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody, we are to Breakfast Club, DJ M B, Jess, Hilarious, Charlemagne n Now, if you're just joining us, we open up the phone lines eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one, and we're asking do you find it harder to support black owned businesses?
Speaker 14: Now?
Speaker 2: This conversation comes from an experience that just had over the weekend.
Speaker 3: Yes, I did so.
Speaker 6: I just want to start off by saying, I love Detroit. I love my fans, my supporters absolutely, I love them. But I was handled terribly at One Mike Comedy Club, and I'm upset for myself and quite frankly for my damn fans too. I did three I did this club for three reasons, right. They sold me on the lie that it was, you know, Mike Epps Comedy Club. He's the OG. Of course, me being a stand up comedian who wouldn't want to perform in Mike Epps Comedy Club.
Speaker 2: Two.
Speaker 6: Prior to me going, they told me that Damon Wayans was there, only for me to get there right and see that it was Damon Williams.
Speaker 7: I swear to God, I don't know no, Damn Damion Williams. And I'm sorry, sir. You might be a fine comedian, but I don't know you. They said, Damon Waynes.
Speaker 13: Three.
Speaker 6: It's a black owned venue, right, So when I go to Detroit, I usually do MGM Fox. They at the very first club I did, there was a black on club punchline. She should have went back there, right, But I did this. Then everybody claimed the data owner right, the manager who claimed to be the owner first.
Speaker 3: Her name is Kimberly Moore.
Speaker 6: She originally did the deal and tried to change the deal terms many times after the deal was already done.
Speaker 3: So it's supposed to have been three shows.
Speaker 6: When I saw the tickets was selling for every show but the brunch, right, I went and I seen that she was selling the.
Speaker 7: Tickets for ninety dollars, Like are you stupid?
Speaker 3: No, and didn't that's not even what the deal was.
Speaker 6: Per the deal that I signed off on, all tickets were supposed to be sold at fifty dollars. So I told her, pulled me from the brunch. She canceled altogether because she had no selling point now right, trying to make extra money on the side. That don't work with me, Like, why would you try to make an extra forty dollars on the side. That's not even that's not even what we're doing here right then it's Mother's Day, That's why they're not selling, dumb ass is ninety dollars?
Speaker 2: Like what?
Speaker 7: So every performer has a writer.
Speaker 6: A writer is the list of things requested by the performer that's supposed to be there, be in the green room when you get there. Nothing from my rider was honored, but three bottles of liquor.
Speaker 4: Nothing.
Speaker 6: And when I campaigned, when I communicated this to chem she lied and said that my rider was never sent from my manager. But how wasn't my rider sent from the manager when you knew what type of liquor to get me? That was just the easiest for your cheap, lazy ass to do. Because they right behind the bar. Those bottles was behind the bar. Then after the nine PM show, as I promised, after a meet and Greek, I've been promoting this on the radio. You heard this, This is in all my promos online, everything, Right, some man random, I don't know who he is. I never met before, he never was in on a deal or nothing. He walks in and he attempts to shut it down. He said, nah, we ain't doing none of that. So my husband, because he was there, he was like, nah, we ain't doing noneing what and who you.
Speaker 3: Are you supposed to be?
Speaker 6: The guy said this ish whatever, this is way way, don't do no meet and greet, and we're gonna shut it down.
Speaker 3: I'm the owner.
Speaker 6: So Chris said, since everybody to own, I'm the owner too. And she's gonna finish this meet and greet like she'd been promoting it. And she promised that. I don't know how you never heard nothing about it, don't know you to be the honor you know, the owner. So he said, nah, this ain't what we're doing. And so he starts walking toward where I'm doing the meet and greet at So Chris put his honor like on some.
Speaker 2: Stiff stiff arms.
Speaker 6: So then the guy go from being the owner to I'm a cop. He said, I'm a cop. I don't I don't advise you to do. I'm a cop and uh and and so he said, all right, that's cool, but this is my wife and I don't know what you're walking over to ward for.
Speaker 3: So he said you can go get the uh.
Speaker 6: After that, he said, all right, well look I'm securing Mike Michael Comedy Club talking about Mike Epps.
Speaker 3: Now Chris just laughed and was all right, go get Kim.
Speaker 4: Was ice agent.
Speaker 6: That's up, man, shut up a guy, you know, officer owner security. He went to go get Kim. We we continue doing meet and greet. First of all, the guy comes back and he's fussing out my fans, telling them that they have to leave. They like the fans looking like you know Detroit, ain't they They're like, nah, no, we ain't going nowhere. They want to see the drama too, but they're like nah we we we want to. We paid for meet and greet, right, So then Kim comes over. It's the person that we've been doing a deal with the whole time. She looks right in my husband, aye yo, and she says, we never we never signed off on a meet and Greek.
Speaker 3: We never even knew she was doing this. We can't do this. It's getting too like it is about to be. It's after twelve o'clock. We can't do this. I wanted to punch her fat ass right on her face. You like, lied, how do you lie? I've been promoting this.
Speaker 2: This is crazy.
Speaker 6: So now my fans in an uproar because I charged forty dollars a picture and they already submitting their money. So Chris like, yo, we're gonna do this so they ain't nobody budget nothing. We finished the meet and greet right and then after that the guy. I wanted to say something to the guy, so he's like the other owner, the owner that's the cop, and he also said he's security. He's like, yeah, I just want to let you know that it was horrible communication with y'all. Said no, your communication is with Kim, Kimberly Moore or whoever. And I was also referred to the club by some guy named Harry's supposed to be an attorney that worked with the club and everything. And according to Mike, you know, according to Kim who kind of sort of told me this, Mike don't even want nothing to do with the club, but she tried to make a thing like that, Mike don't want nothing to do with the club because some other crap. No, he don't want nothing to do with it, because this right here, all of this after talking to some other people there. It's been so many managers that has come and gone. They don't like the way it's ran. They don't pay people on time, and that was the problem. The real problem was after twelve o'clock they would have to pay their staff a hole for another time, and they didn't. They wanted to have some type of money, make some type of money off my meet and greet. That's not how I work.
Speaker 3: That's not what I do. So you can't do that, you know what I mean? So I would.
Speaker 6: It's a horrible reflection on Mike Apps because even online, according to Google, he is listed as the owner, but he ain't even man's that's horrible. I don't advise any other comedian to go here. My fans were upset. I'm upset I was not treated like Jess hilarious. I love Detroit Wate too much to do that. I should have took my ass to the punchline. That's another black owned comedy club. But you know that's more intimate, more small. Would have to do more shows to make them the amount of money that I make now, like that.
Speaker 4: That was I'm sorry you had that experience. You know, you know, it's not hard supporting black owned businesses. It's hard supporting terribly ran businesses. And the problem with terribly ran businesses you don't know they terribly ran until you do business with them, right, And that's why it's so important for the business to be up to paul, because if not, you want to get a terrible review. Like just just gave this comedy club at.
Speaker 2: Detroit absolutely And the sad thing is I actually I DJ did before, but I didn't deal with the club. I dealt with I guess the outfits who rented the club out and hired me to perform. So when I went there, I didn't have to deal with management and nothing, and everybody was friendly and nice.
Speaker 5: But it sucks that you you know, like you said, you want to go to a black owned business.
Speaker 2: And the sad thing about it is is I love comedy, so I go to comedy clubs all over the place, and it's very hard to find a black owned comedy comedy show that's been in business for a long time. So when you see one, you want to support. And if people are not having a great time and comedians and not having the respect that they feel like they deserve or that they should get, yeah, absolutely positively.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's the black On part though. It's just a terribly ran part, you know what I'm saying, because none of us have a problem supporting black On.
Speaker 6: Yeah, because like I said, punchline, that's right, black owned. They treat me with such grace, They love me, to appreciate me, you know.
Speaker 3: If it was not for my.
Speaker 6: Fans and the servers that was overworked, you know what I'm saying, Like, cause they got they running. It's like two or three different sides to one mic, so they got all of them working on this side of the club.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So it's just like it's in a beautiful area, it's downtown, but it's like it's not ran by the right people, and me and my fans were handled terribly, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: So I just I would never ever go back.
Speaker 4: Never, And that's that's she won't go back because it's terribly rang.
Speaker 6: Yes, and Mike should get his name off that period. That's a bad reflection of him.
Speaker 2: Well, let's open up the phone lines. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five to one. Do you find it harder to support black owned businesses? Phone lines are crazy right now, so we'll inswer some of your phone calls. It's the breakfast slogan warning.
Speaker 20: Let's say, if we're all talking about it, you know we talking about it. It's topic times called eight hundred five eight five one five one to join into the discussion with the breakfast club.
Speaker 2: Morning everybody. It's DJ Envy, Jess hilarious, Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club now if you're just joining us. Jess talked about her experience from a comedy club club restaurant out in Detroit, and we were talking eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Is it difficult? Is it harder supporting black owned businesses? A lot of people on the line, Hello, who's this yo? Envy? You know the vibe man is mellow, mellow?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 11: Life is amazing?
Speaker 15: It should be happy bone, Belated Mother's.
Speaker 2: Day, Jeff, Thank you mellow and happy.
Speaker 15: Belated mother's head a YouTube lay La Rosa, I know them with take a lot of care.
Speaker 2: You look great, gosh, say mellow.
Speaker 15: Honestly, I'm actually very passionate about this topic because I had some very bad experiences with some black owned businesses, and I feel as though black owned businesses nine times out of ten are just using that phrase as a marketing team and they don't put any credibility behind those words.
Speaker 2: Now, granted, I.
Speaker 15: Understand us as black people, we like to work off the ballic system. That's that's nothing new you for me. So us as black customers, we have to be more like accessible and more versatile with working black owned businesses. But at the same time, black own businesses, y'all really need to know the definition the denotate the definition of the word customer service because y'all just be out here throwing fees on it because you sound cool. Y'all be doing stuff for aesthetics and y'all marketing gets them in the doors, but y'all don't keep them in there because y don't know how to brand y'all products. You feel me, But that's the conversation for another day.
Speaker 2: You're thanks, Mellow. Hello, who's this to, Good morning? We're asking do you find it harder to support black owned businesses?
Speaker 12: Okay, I'm not going to put all black businesses and want category, but it.
Speaker 14: Is hard Sometimes I feel like they don't.
Speaker 12: Sometimes they don't realize that they have to put back in their business to unvest to of the resources to excel if that makes sense.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you feel like they don't they don't put the money back into the business to make a business.
Speaker 12: Better, right Like, It's certain software systems out there that can make your you know, business for more smooth link, hire more people, that's training. There's just so many resources out there that I feel like we lack it. Sometimes it does make it hard. The beauty industry is the whole of the stories, but it is it is difficult.
Speaker 2: So not okay, thank you, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 7: Hey?
Speaker 5: This istory, hey t good.
Speaker 2: Morning, Good morning, Hey y'all.
Speaker 13: I like all of y'all.
Speaker 2: So we're talking about is it harder to support a black owned business? And you own a black owned business? Correct?
Speaker 14: I own a black owned business. I have a balloon business out in Connecticut. It's called call Me a Wallflower.
Speaker 16: Uh huh.
Speaker 14: So basically I mean as a black business owner, our two wants to support black owned businesses, but sometimes it's stuff I dealt with, like rivals for communications. I've been on cars, empathy, and I've even had to start selling like some of the vendors like two hours earlier just to keep there. That keeps them on track, because I just don't trust that they're going to arrive at the time that they should arrive. So that's why in my business, I show up about an hour early before, Like the client even tells me. If they tell me five o'clock is our third time, I'm thereby four, and you know, I'm sometimes there before them. I make sure I communicate very clearly, and I make sure there's never room for any young certainty because professionalism matters just as much as the passion.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, thank you mama, You're welcome.
Speaker 15: Have a good day guy.
Speaker 4: You know, you know, I think, uh, the biggest problem sometimes with with with black owned businesses is we take each other for granted. We tend to be so hard on each other and we don't treat each other with the same respect our gratitude. And I'm talking about both ways. The person who owns the business and the customer who's coming into this facility. Like the way we talk to each other, we wouldn't talk to white folks like that. The things we expect from each other, we wouldn't expect that from white people. I wish that we approached each other the same way we approach establishments period, Like don't walk in here thinking because it's a black owned business, you're supposed to get treated in a different way. It's just it's a business.
Speaker 2: But I will say this, I do take an understanding. Like, for instance, if I go to a black owned restaurant and there's a problem with my food, I'll accept it faster, right. And the reason I'll accept it fast is because I feel like a lot of times you can tell when a business is a mom and pop owned and it's out their own pocket, and they might not have things that other places can have. They not might not be able to get the loans that other businesses can have. So sometimes I just sit and I eat it and I just won't go back.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't accept it, I know.
Speaker 2: But if I'm if I'm at a white restaurant and it's something that I don't like, I'll send it back immediately and ask them to take up the bill because I understand we don't have the resources. Sometimes, we don't have the finances sometimes, and a lot of times we don't have the people working in those businesses. So I do understand that.
Speaker 4: That's what I mean when I say we don't treat each other with the same respect, our gratitude right, because the reality the situation is, I know this is a black owned business, but if my stuff ain't right, it's not right. And I got to let you know that because I want you.
Speaker 3: To get it right right.
Speaker 4: If you just sit there and be and eat the food, they don't know what they did wrong. They don't know what they did right. They don't know what they did wrong. There's a reason that if you go to most restaurants, they give you customer reviews, and they want to know what it is they're doing right, what is they're doing wrong.
Speaker 2: But sometimes I feel bad because I know they might not be able to afford to lose that forty dollars stak. They might not be able to afford to lose that lobster tail or that burger or whatever. Maybe they might not be able to know what they lose that so you feel a little bad and you just hope that they figure it out.
Speaker 4: But you know what else, they can't afford to lose a repeat customer, right, They want you to keep coming back. So you got to tell these folks what's wrong so they can get it right and they can raise they they stand.
Speaker 2: And I wonder how many black owned businesses or the this is the first time that they created this business. See a lot of times a lot of these other businesses are they have restaurants in their family, they have these type of stores in their family, so.
Speaker 5: They're tried and shrewed already a lot of times.
Speaker 2: For us, this is our first time, and we're just trying to make it happen off a whim, you know what I mean, and trying to figure it out as we're going along.
Speaker 4: Oh, you gotta get it right, So I know it is. It is kind of a strange question because it's not hard supporting black owned businesses.
Speaker 11: Not for me.
Speaker 4: It's hard supporting terribly ran businesses.
Speaker 2: I agree, you know, but you got to learn. Like I owned a call washing one time, right, and when one of my guys was vacuuming somebody's car, I didn't know that you had to actually have the vacuum screwed down. So when he went to vacuum the car, the vacuum fell on the guy's car and I had to pay to fix that car. But I didn't know anything about it. But you know, somebody who owned car washes before, we know better than that.
Speaker 4: Would you said, what now? She was watching somebody you trying to wash some money call with a vacuum.
Speaker 3: I owned a car wash.
Speaker 2: Wash money called the car wash, and as they were cleaning the inside of the car, the vacuum fell off and hit the guy's car and then at the car right.
Speaker 5: So you had to screw them in.
Speaker 2: But I wouldn't have known to screw it in because I've never owned a car wash before. See you heard screw it in, you got excited. Screw what forget it man?
Speaker 3: The holes to the vacuum screw to the ground.
Speaker 5: So I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Like there's things that you don't know that you figure that customer would never come back to my car wash. But you know, those type of things wouldn't come back to your.
Speaker 4: Car wash if you was white. Dude, You you know what I'm saying. Unless you did, he wouldn't come back unless you did something to fix directed by that situation.
Speaker 5: I mean I did fix it, but I didn't know.
Speaker 2: But somebody who owned the car wash before would know all of these things before because they know from family, they know for being tried and true.
Speaker 5: I was just trying to figure it out on my own.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But like I said earlier, man, you know, it's not hard to point in black owned businesses. It's just a hard support and terribly ran businesses. I don't expect anything from a business except quality. I don't expect anything from a business except good customer service. Whatever business I was a port. If the quality isn't up the pr I'm not dealing with all.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, we got the latest with Lauren coming up. Don't move.
Speaker 3: It's the breakfast Club. Good morning morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is j Envy, Jess, Hilarius, Charlamagne the God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to the latest with Lauren.
Speaker 4: Lauren be coming a straight fast man.
Speaker 2: She gets them.
Speaker 5: Somebody that knows somebody to detail.
Speaker 7: I'm a homegirl that knows a little bit about everything.
Speaker 4: She'd be having the latest on you.
Speaker 11: The latest with Lauren la Rosa.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you have fact, sometimes you have details. Sometimes you have a little bit of everything. It's the latest on the breakfast club.
Speaker 18: Alrighty Y'allso remember in here we talked about that drew Ski lawsuit. There was a woman that was a leegend that drew Ski, Odell Beuckham Junior and Diddy sexually assaulted her. Now, when I talked about this last I told you all that I had seen phone records and bank records that then it came out that you know, what I saw then came out in the media that showed that drew Ski number one had no money, He was not a celebrity.
Speaker 7: He was not hanging with celebrities at the time.
Speaker 18: From with these documents were legends, and there there were phone records that placed him in Georgia during the time that this assault would have happened. Now, the full filing was actually published and made available over the weekend, So I went back and I looked, just because a lot of times in the full filings like there might be more information, and there was. So in this full filing, there was actually a police report that drew Ski's team is pointing to in this police report that they attached as an exhibit, so you can actually read the police report was filed by this elect victim in a California court and it would have been during the time that the sexual assault that she alleges happened happened. So she's basically saying that there were two men that sexually assaulted her same time, same day, but not drew Ski, not Oldell Buckham Junior, and not Diddy.
Speaker 4: So why she called her name then? And what happens now that we find out she lied on those people?
Speaker 7: Well, let me get to it, because there's another thing too before I address that.
Speaker 18: Another thing as well is in this same filing they attached a job offer from Longhorn Steakhouse in Georgia. The day that the sexual assought would have happened was the day that Drewski accepted that job. So he and they're doing this to show that he was not, you know, legend, he wasn't even in California. Now, to answer your question, we know the Drewski part is cap We knew that from the beginning.
Speaker 4: But what happens to that young lady now that we know she got caught in a line? Why Beckham?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 18: So Drewski's attorneys are asking for her and her attorneys to be sanctioned, which I mean it depends on what what the court wants to levy, like what consequences the court wants to get, but they want them to get in trouble penalty anyway, Yes, it can be a penalty. It can be you can be strict to certain things. It just depends on how to judge the side to pay a final should go to jails. And then they are also asking that this lawsuit just be dismissed in total. Now, I did reach out to the attorney for the accuser, and the attorney told me that this is a procedurally improper motion basically that this motion is not correct and that they look forward to litigating this in court.
Speaker 4: Your loyal you got to know your client is lying. If you don't your client is lying at this point, then we got to start questioning you and your Creditit crazy, like seriously, like why do we keep letting people get away with this type of stuff? And how do reputable lawyers I would think they're reputable lawyers take these kind of cases on.
Speaker 7: I'm not for certain.
Speaker 18: I'm not for sure, but end the following Juski team mentions like yo, a quick you know, like conversation with your client or you know, certain searches. Just there's a lot of things you guys could have done before we got to this point where you're throwing this on him and this could have caused you know, brand deal harm and you know, like there's just so much when you throw so like allegations like.
Speaker 6: This right, and when you when you're in court and you lie right, you're health and content right, you can't lie technically, So like what is it, Well, I guess the difference would be that they're not in a courtroom because that's the same thing.
Speaker 3: That's what they're doing.
Speaker 6: They're lying the allegations and then they prove when it's proven that they're lying that it should be some type So it's no law, like.
Speaker 7: No type of nothing set for these people to have to pay for what they did.
Speaker 18: So there are rules, and that's what Jewski's team is talking about, Like, yo, based on the rules of the court. As an attorney's it's kind of like the same thing with the jay Z situation. Like jay Z's attorney came out and said, Yo, if you're an attorney, we're trusting that you're doing things fairly and that you're doing things in good faith and that you're actually investigating these things before you bring it in a lawsuit in front of a judge. And because you didn't follow these rules of the court, there are consequences that a judge can levy. But the judge decides what the consequences are going to because they just ex for it to happen.
Speaker 4: You're not just bringing this stuff in front of a judge. You're bringing this stuff in front of the court of public opinion. Now my reputation is damaged, Now my brain is damaged. Now I'm losing all types of money. And you just get to walk away.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because people will believe the why.
Speaker 18: Yeah, And that's what happens to when brands don't really care to do their own research. And you know what I mean, it's just they don't have time. The social media react so fast. Now I following a lawsuit, I just looked this up because I wanted to make sure I stated this. Filing a lawsuit based on a false based on false information can lead to serious consequences, including dismissal of the case, which is what Drewski is asking for. A findes just to your point, even criminal charges like perjury if the court finds out that the information was knowingly false, the case can be dismissed and the plaintive may be penalized for wasting the court's resources and causing harm to defend it. And even it goes, you know, as far as the even a lion under oath. So we'll just have to wait to see what happens and how the judge responds.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, well that was the latest Lauren.
Speaker 4: Yes, and listen, you know something that y'all need to watch on television. Man if y'all haven't this weekend, watch Forever on Netflix. Y'all watch Forever.
Speaker 3: The third person to say something about that.
Speaker 4: You know, one of my favorite storytellers of all time is Judy Bloom. Y'all know how I feel about Judy Bloom. Forever is based off It's loosely based off Judy Bloom's nineteen seventy five book Forever, and it's done by another one of my favorite storytellers, Marral Brockakill, who created Girlfriends.
Speaker 18: Okay, I didn't know mart me and told me to tell you to watch that because she knows that you're.
Speaker 4: A j Yeah, and I watched it this weekend I'm a month, episode seven right now. Fantastic series. Man, if you like rom com vibes, you know black Love, teenage love, you know it just it feels. It's just a feel good show.
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, Well we got the People's Choice mixed up. Next, get your request. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Boring.
Speaker 2: Everybody is DJ Envy, just hilarious, Charlamagne and to God, we are the Breakfast Club. I want to salute again to the cast and everybody at Hell's Kitchen on Broadway.
Speaker 3: It's a play.
Speaker 2: I took the whole family, my wife and my mother and everybody else this Sunday, and it was such an amazing show. So if you ever come to New York City and you're looking for something dope to do, Hell's Kitchen, which is a it's a play based off loosely, I guess Alicia Keys. Alisia Keys is Alicia Keys's love to Hell's Kitchen, the area where she grew up in New York City.
Speaker 3: Music and yeah, like trying to figure it out.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, right up the street. It was a lot different. I would say, maybe about twenty years ago, it was way more hood, way more. It looked for more abandoned and they, you know, build it up a lot. But it was a great, great, great play. The lady that played Alisha Keys was dope. Tank is in it.
Speaker 5: Tank plays Lisia Keys.
Speaker 3: Dad.
Speaker 2: Yes, their deadbut dad, oh wow, they'd be there. Alicia Key's mom who was in the place she sings in it. It's crazy. So it was just a dope play. And all my kids enjoy. So I just want to no, no, not real mom play, I said. We played her mom. Okay, who played her mom? So the salute to the whole cast for inviting me. We had a great time.
Speaker 6: Nice And then this weekend, I'm in Atlantic City, y'all this Saturday.
Speaker 3: The show starts at eight o'clock.
Speaker 2: Listen.
Speaker 3: This is what I love about Atlantic City.
Speaker 6: Right in other venues too, but Atlantic City is the best because I haven't really I've been so busy. I haven't really got to promote this like I wanted to. And it's already seventy five percent sold out. So Atlantic City, I love y'all so much. I will be there in New Jersey at Harris Comedy Harris Casino for the comedy show.
Speaker 3: It starts at eight.
Speaker 6: Me and my brother DESI will be there and I will be doing meet and greet. I love y'all, so I can't wait to get there to Atlantic City.
Speaker 3: See y'all. This Saturday, y'all got to go.
Speaker 4: To Kelsey's for brunch, have mercy Sunday.
Speaker 3: Brunch on Sunday.
Speaker 5: I think they do brunch Saturday too, but Sunday too.
Speaker 3: Stand so I can wake up and go straight there.
Speaker 2: Do a Saturday and Sunday Sunday.
Speaker 4: Oh you know what else they got? You got? They got an ocean spot now like they got a spot by the ocean that served good ass food. Yes, hell yeah, yes, Kelsey and Kim's Ocean View in Atlantic City. When I'm in Atlantic City, I mean I do Kelsey's breakfast to dinner because Kelsey's is banging. But they brunch is crazy at Kelsey's. And then they got Kelsey and Kim's Ocean View, which is a great dinner spot.
Speaker 7: Well, I would be going there.
Speaker 3: It's time to get up out of here first and foremost, go New York.
Speaker 2: Go New York. Gay Knicks need to beat Boston Celtics tonight in New York.
Speaker 4: If y'all messing around and let Boston get to in New York and tie this series. Y'all in trouble.
Speaker 3: Nope, We're gonna win tonight.
Speaker 4: They better Hopefully you don't have no hope in New York. I do, But I'm just saying they got it? Should they? This is a must win game, it is they go back to Boston tied to to I don't like their chances.
Speaker 3: What time the game is? Seven o'clock.
Speaker 7: I'm at the washt o clock.
Speaker 2: Well, you got a positive, I do the positive.
Speaker 4: Notice simply this. One of the hardest challenges in life is to be yourself in a world where everyone is always trying to make you be somebody else.
Speaker 3: Have a blessed day, breakfast club bitches, y'all finished or y'all done.