Speaker 1: Oh, I am so excited for the comment section today. Oh no, literally, we're gonna die with this brand new segment.
Speaker 2: We've never tried this before. Alexis has definitely never tried this before, and it's happening right now.
Speaker 1: Thank you for finding the brook In Jeffrey Second Date podcast. We are so glad you're here, and we do try to read every comment and even feature some of them, so please type away let us know your thoughts.
Speaker 3: Yes, and one person, mister Mexicans said, I always wait to start getting ready for work until I have a new episode to listen to, So if I'm ever late, I will be blaming a radio show.
Speaker 4: Two thousand miles away.
Speaker 2: There you go, and just so you know, it's Alexis that posts it.
Speaker 4: So hey, it's late, it's not me, it's the Wi Fi.
Speaker 2: No whatever, it's your Starbucks.
Speaker 5: Run.
Speaker 2: Here we go, Your brand new episode starts right now.
Speaker 6: You've heard the phrase pulling a bait and switch where you're expecting one thing to happen and then suddenly, whoo, something completely difference. Yes, yeah, well we just pulled maybe the biggest bait and switch move we've ever done. And I could tell you. One person in this room was very happy about it. The other was absolutely not. And you're gonna hear that coming up in another brand new segment right after this.
Speaker 7: It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: And if you're a listener to this show, you may remember a segment that we did. We've only done it a couple times called Brooke Breaks You Up, where a guy or gal will come on the show saying they want to dump their significant other.
Speaker 7: And they just need a little bit of help.
Speaker 6: And the last time that we did this, Brooke broke up with a single working mother of three and the guy wasn't even sure.
Speaker 7: That he wanted to do it.
Speaker 6: Brooke just took the reins and said, I'll do it, and she enjoyed it.
Speaker 7: And I think the quote was your garbage.
Speaker 6: Look how big Brook is smiling thinking about the last time she broke up a happy couple.
Speaker 2: This segment is so emotionally taxing on me.
Speaker 6: Okay, wait to make somebody else's break up about you, bro good job, You're about to spring a breakup on somebody and you're worried about yourself already. Yes, so is that what's happening today? Fortunately, no kill the music as kill the music. We're not doing that.
Speaker 4: What are we doing?
Speaker 7: Instead of Brooke breaks you up?
Speaker 6: We're doing an even cringier segment called Alexis Asks you Out, out as you can hear. Knew absolutely nothing about this beforehand. She has not been prepped, not that that would have helped it all. But her job today is to help one of our listeners score a first date with a special someone. And who are we helping out today? A guy named Connor who wants to ask out his crush.
Speaker 4: I thought I was can help a girl. I have to help a guy. Do you think that's going to be easier?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just can guide him to say what you would want to hear.
Speaker 6: No, Alexis, you're going to be doing the asking on his behalf.
Speaker 7: So it's a girl, it's a girl chat.
Speaker 6: That's called Alexis Asks You Out.
Speaker 2: It's called simp on the one.
Speaker 7: Okay, we're gonna edit that one out. Connor.
Speaker 2: You can't do it yourself, gone.
Speaker 7: You don't know the situation. Let's let's hear him out.
Speaker 5: Connor.
Speaker 7: Welcome to the show man.
Speaker 5: Hey, how's the going guys?
Speaker 2: Okay, we're going to be open here.
Speaker 4: What's up?
Speaker 5: Connor?
Speaker 6: Normally we start this off with a little fact finding mission asking Connor questions about this girl that he likes. But not today, Remember this is Alexis asks you out.
Speaker 7: So, Alexis, you have the floor.
Speaker 6: Whatever you want to talk about with Connor, go ahead and make it quick because we do have to make the call in a minute.
Speaker 7: And a half.
Speaker 4: Really should have preped me we were doing the call. Now, tell me, Datter, what's her name? Where'd you meet or why does it she like? You know?
Speaker 7: Okay, start with the name. Maybe Okay.
Speaker 5: So I met Jenna three weeks ago at a party and we made out. We had a great time. It was like a very good, strong connection. Now I haven't heard from her in a few weeks now, and the vibe I'm getting from her friends is that maybe she regrets it or like kind of like I might not be her type, but I'm not really sure.
Speaker 2: He's not going to let that deter him, Alexis, don't.
Speaker 7: Nor should you.
Speaker 5: Well, this is why I need you guys to help, and I wanted you my shot about going on another date.
Speaker 6: In the first date, it sounds like, yeah, yeah, you just had to make out one time at a party.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I guess the first date exactly a proper first date. But you know when I wrote in, I thought Brook would be helping me, but your producer said, Alexis would be perfect.
Speaker 7: That's a good call. Good call.
Speaker 4: Can I ask how much you drink at the party? Do you both like? Do you think she remembers you?
Speaker 7: Relevant question?
Speaker 5: I mean we were you know, we were a buzz in't but we weren't like I wouldn't say anyone would blackout.
Speaker 7: Okay, that's good.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's still tell what's the next question, Alexi?
Speaker 4: Okay. Brook always likes to make this not show and ask what did you like about her?
Speaker 2: And besides her leone.
Speaker 4: You always ask that why he.
Speaker 2: Isn't just doing this? Like what what scared?
Speaker 4: What is he scared about?
Speaker 5: Aside from being really hot? Nurw like she had a very bold personality and was very confident and I liked that she was just very Yeah, she came up to me. Actually that's how we started. We started talking.
Speaker 3: And now then what she said, why are you doing this yourself?
Speaker 5: I'm a little nervous because of what some of her friends have said, like you know, she does this and then she regrets it. The next day.
Speaker 2: Why would you regret making out at a party?
Speaker 4: What a waste of energy?
Speaker 6: Just enjoy it, Alexis, You've never made out with a guy that you didn't genuinely have feelings.
Speaker 7: For, right, Yeah?
Speaker 5: I will say that her friend's been very, very responsive, you know, and I'm like, are you Is she interested? And she's trying to curb on her best friend? I don't know, It's it's a little weird.
Speaker 4: Do you think not one, but two of them are into you?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, exactly, that's all right, Alexis. Do you feel like you've enough information to ask this girl out on Connor's behalf? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Do we know what type of date?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 3: Can I promise her something big?
Speaker 7: How much money do you have?
Speaker 5: You don't want to bribe her into going.
Speaker 7: Now, alex Is gonna have to figure out another let's.
Speaker 5: Do let's do drinks and dinner or maybe you drinks and then if if it's a vibe, like we could go to dinner after.
Speaker 2: Any other Bennies Like why would someone want to date him?
Speaker 4: Why would someone want to date you? Sorry that was supposed to say.
Speaker 7: Question.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm a cool guy. I like to hang and like yeah, I got this really cool DVD collection share and I think she would be.
Speaker 7: Let's lead with that.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna mention you have so much to work with.
Speaker 7: I got every video of the ring.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I don't think we could take any more in themation for Connor because for the first time ever in the history of this show, Alexis asks you out, it's gonna attempt to swindle Jenna into going out with the guys she says is not her type.
Speaker 7: And maybe even gave her the serious ick. I might have just added that on my own. You get the picture.
Speaker 6: It's a serious undertaking, and Alexis Is gonna make that call with Alexis asks you out.
Speaker 2: I can't wait.
Speaker 6: It's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning, the radio show that's doing segments nobody else in the world is willing to try.
Speaker 7: Jeffrey, this one's called. Alexis asked you out. Where our resident.
Speaker 6: Gen z blonde ish question Mark boldly raised her hand and said, I volunteer to help our listeners.
Speaker 7: Yes, this is all her idea.
Speaker 1: Came charging into the producer her studio and said that to him.
Speaker 6: So brave of you and in this particular case, It's a guy named Connor who made out with some girl named Jenna at a party about three weeks ago. Afterwards, she apparently went and told her friends she kind of regrets it and Connor's not really her type, but like most men, he is still interested.
Speaker 1: I mean, what if the.
Speaker 2: Friends are lying Alexis.
Speaker 1: They want him, everybody wants Alexis is about to speak to this.
Speaker 6: Young woman one on one, girl on girl and see if she can convince her to give Connor a chance.
Speaker 7: And that's what's gonna say. Because Alexis can talk to a girl and relate and be like nah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't forget about his DVD collection.
Speaker 7: She has a.
Speaker 6: Big selling point. All we're asking here is one date. We're not asking for love.
Speaker 7: For marriage, her girlfriend's status or anything, although that will come eventually.
Speaker 6: Alexis has that too, but the rest of the room is not going to join in on the call till the deal is either officially done or Dick, I'm all alone.
Speaker 2: Hold your hand, Okay.
Speaker 7: We're about to do it.
Speaker 6: Connor, do you have any final words of encouragement for Alexis before we make the call?
Speaker 5: I mean, trust your gut, you got this, and just yeah, I'll be very happy if you can make it happen.
Speaker 4: That's not saying good things, but we'll go with that.
Speaker 6: That and just as a reminder, Connor, you don't say anything. Don't jump in until we call you in to ask us to.
Speaker 7: Join the call. Okay, got it all? Right, here we go. I'm gonna dial Jenna's number right now. Let's do it.
Speaker 5: Hello.
Speaker 4: Hi, is this Jenna? Yes, Hi, I We're gonna.
Speaker 3: Really mean radio show that made me call you. It's called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 4: You probably haven't heard of it.
Speaker 7: Did you say your name?
Speaker 8: What?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: I'm Alexis. Sorry, my name is Alexis. We're gonna radio show.
Speaker 3: But I'm talking about a guy named Connor who you made out with three weeks ago to party.
Speaker 4: Do you remember him?
Speaker 8: What is going on?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Well Connor? Sorry, I hate this.
Speaker 7: You're doing so good.
Speaker 4: She's starting to sweat.
Speaker 7: I love this, Alexis.
Speaker 3: Connor called us because he's still thinking about you in that makeout. But you heard from your friends that like, maybe you're not that into him or he's not your type. But I was just calling to see if that's true.
Speaker 4: Oh, did you like him?
Speaker 8: We're going to bring it up immediately ask, Wow, he is not my type?
Speaker 4: Oh can I ask?
Speaker 7: Why?
Speaker 8: Uh?
Speaker 7: Where do I start?
Speaker 8: Oh? Well, he's five eight?
Speaker 4: Oh you and I it looks.
Speaker 8: Like date guys that are under five eleven.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I get you. I'm like that, and a lot of my friends are like that. But short guys work harder.
Speaker 5: There.
Speaker 4: It is because not as many girls are into them.
Speaker 7: What No, don't have that.
Speaker 4: They have to put in more work. That's good for you.
Speaker 8: So I should be into him because all girls aren't not.
Speaker 3: As many, So he'll try harder than like a cocky six foot guy.
Speaker 8: Huh.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 3: If there are other reasons, ers at it because I feel like we covered that one.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm glad it's funny to you.
Speaker 4: No it's not. I actually I really don't enjoy myself right now. No, not because of you, because my coworkers. I'm sorry. Okay, let's go about Connor.
Speaker 3: Other things you don't like about him are.
Speaker 8: Well, he wore so much cologne that it set off the smoke alarm.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, we actually like actually said it off.
Speaker 8: I mean may as well have Yeah, it was that loud.
Speaker 3: Oh I actually hate that, but it is better than Bolls worse.
Speaker 8: I think I had that too.
Speaker 4: Okay, well we could change that.
Speaker 3: We could buy him deodorant and when he borrows hoodies, they're gonna smell really good.
Speaker 8: Honey. Would you go out with a guy that was wearing a sleeveless shirt that said eye flex and the sleeves fell off.
Speaker 4: Faby he was wearing to the party in public.
Speaker 8: To the party, Yes, yes, Oh it's funny.
Speaker 4: It's funny. The shirt, it was not funny. But did he have good muscles?
Speaker 5: Okay?
Speaker 3: Well, I think those are all very fixable things. And she has a DVD collection?
Speaker 4: Did you know that?
Speaker 8: I do you know about the dvd collection? Yeah? He could talk of almost nothing else, and oh and how many push ups he could do? But I didn't believe that.
Speaker 3: Okay, so we're running out of time, So let's just say that he was drinking and that's why he did all those things, and when he's sober, he's not like that at all, Which you go out on one date with him?
Speaker 8: I mean, you have given me no compelling reasons to reconsider my position.
Speaker 4: What if he's rich, Oh.
Speaker 8: No, honey, he's not rich. He was drinking rolling rock there is no.
Speaker 6: Rock.
Speaker 4: Okay, how about just one day?
Speaker 3: If you don't like him, you can ghost him, block him, all block him as a show.
Speaker 4: We can all block him if you don't like him.
Speaker 8: I mean I think I did already.
Speaker 3: Okay, well do I still have to think of good things to say?
Speaker 7: Nice? We said we won't jump ontil we get a definitive yes.
Speaker 4: Or oh okay, so can I just get a clarification?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 3: You would like to go on just one date? It could be thirty minutes. I don't really care. Just say just one date with Connor.
Speaker 8: I mean he would have to change like a lot. I don't think it's possible.
Speaker 4: What if you wear full T shirt?
Speaker 8: I mean, okay, look, I will do fifteen minutes with no rolling rocks and no graphic T shirt with the sleeves cut off and no push ups and no DVDs and no cologne, no cologne. Fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: Perfect?
Speaker 7: Yes? Did you hear that, Connor?
Speaker 8: You got?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 7: Actually works? Oh my god, Connor, are you there?
Speaker 5: I'm here, I'm here, I'm here. Wow. She sounded like a pizza work.
Speaker 1: Actually, Connor, you were drinking rolling roll but she said yes, she said.
Speaker 7: Yes to a date with you for fifteen minutes.
Speaker 5: I know, which I'm definitely bringing to myself, so hopefully I'm gonna say positive. Here.
Speaker 2: Wait, you didn't like what you heard.
Speaker 5: She's a little different than what I remember.
Speaker 7: I guess that memory.
Speaker 5: When we were making out. You know, we weren't talking, so I didn't have to even hear her.
Speaker 7: Oh and you liked that better? You thought you called the DVD collection.
Speaker 2: I think someone's hurt on the phone.
Speaker 5: I mean she heard about the DVD collection and then still made out with me.
Speaker 7: So I wrote, you got a date, so I would just say.
Speaker 5: Thank you and yeah, like we're gonna go for it. Let's see what happened.
Speaker 8: Oh oh wow, No, No, I didn't know he was listening. No, I'm not doing this. I'm sorry I did all that.
Speaker 6: Alexis you out.
Speaker 4: You listening or being stupid guest?
Speaker 7: Like Connor, you were the one that we were just rising him up.
Speaker 1: Darn kind of got a back Alexis on that one. Connor didn't do any favors when you got on the phone, But did.
Speaker 7: You hear what was being said about him?
Speaker 1: I understood, but if you were wanted the date, like I wouldn't have said yes, either shocking, I mean, if I was Connor after hearing it, Okay, well I'm never.
Speaker 4: Doing this again.
Speaker 6: Connor, I'm sorry, man, it was a yes, then it was a no. But at least at the end of the day we get to blame Brook.
Speaker 7: For this because you never spoke up and we specifically.
Speaker 4: Asked you for help.
Speaker 7: Where were you.
Speaker 5: Since?
Speaker 4: Again?
Speaker 7: Nine too? If you want, Alexis to shoot your shot.
Speaker 6: On your behalf, it's Brooke and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 8: Brook and Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 6: Alexis, this is the first time, other than a phone tap, where you were actually featured in it and asked to do something on this show.
Speaker 7: How does it feel? Was it as uncomfortable as it looked and sounded more?
Speaker 4: Probably?
Speaker 7: But like looking back on.
Speaker 6: It, at least you feel like you did our listener, Connor a solid right. You could say in your heart you gave one hundred percent effort to help him.
Speaker 4: Not really, but I got through it. You got through So sorry, Connor.
Speaker 1: Are you trying to maybe play matchmaker for him with another listener like you're getting on the textboard?
Speaker 4: Maybe not him? Oh, I'm sorry, nothing that gets him? Did you hear what she said, Okay.
Speaker 6: I mean Connor is the listener that helps pays the bills for this show.
Speaker 2: I thought his T shirt was kind of funny.
Speaker 6: Okay, I will say, our editor will probably have to slow down your rate of speed of conversation by like fifty percent so all the listeners can understand you.
Speaker 7: Girls will hear it just and like you said, you did it. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Alexis asks you out was a success.
Speaker 4: Is tour listener?
Speaker 2: Should we do it again?
Speaker 7: That's that's the question text in to seven, eight, five nine too.
Speaker 6: If you want to hear more, Alexis talking at light speed.
Speaker 7: But you can find all of our content.
Speaker 6: Alexis asks you out, Brooke breaks you up, second dates, phone tabs, everything is available wherever you get your podcasts. Just go search Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning