Speaker 1: Looking for a mortgage bank to help you make your next major mortgage move, whether it's a refi or home purchase, regardless of whether it's your first one or one of many, consider our friends at Stockton Mortgage, but don't just take our word for it.
Speaker 2: Stockton Mortgage has over.
Speaker 3: Seventy thousand five star reviews and counting, just like this review from Joshua, who says this about his experience with Stockton. They were super professional, always answer my questions I had, and streamlined the process. I could not ask for better people to help me and my family get our first house. I feel blessed to be able to go through them. Be like Joshua or the sixty nine nine hundred ninety nine others just like him, and get started with Stockton Mortgage today by going to Stockton dot com and get started.
Speaker 2: I've even used.
Speaker 3: Stockton Mortgage myself on my own home loan. For your home loan needs, Stockton dot com and click get started. Stockton Mortgage NMLS eight two five nine, Equal Housing Lender NMLS, Consumer Access dot Org.
Speaker 4: Welcome to two of Kentucky's sports radio presented by Stockton Mortgage. Now Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, Kentucky Sports Radio Hour Number two, Ryan Drew and Shannon working on getting our celebrity hotline going with DeAndrea Liggins's gonna join us. I'm gonna make you feel really old.
Speaker 5: Okay, make me feel old. I already do, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: He's thirty seven years old.
Speaker 5: Andreggs is thirty seven years old. Yes, still still getting buckets out there.
Speaker 2: That is crazy. Good for him, More power to him.
Speaker 5: Still playing that lockdown d I assume.
Speaker 2: And he he had an offensive game. Yeah, but they didn't need that from me. Most time. He said, hey, man, just go lock that guy up and we're gonna win the game. And he would co do it.
Speaker 5: One of the best UH wing defenders I can even remember, one of the best to do it. Looking forward to hearing from him.
Speaker 2: So we're working on getting him back on the show. They keep showing all the leak Corso stuff since the news just came out. He's gonna be ninety years old in August. He could still do the whole season. Probably wanted to ninety years old. More power to him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, good for him. It's gonna be so weird not seeing him on there. But Game Day has been really good the football version lately he'll be missed. But adding Saban and even McAfee, who I don't really care for, on his show it's been must watched TV in the last year.
Speaker 2: Kind of adds to it. So the TVT Tournament was a huge success last year with a lot of the former Kentucky guys all joining together, and now they've added some more familiar names to the roster. One of them is DeAndre Liggins, who joins us now I think for the first time ever here I'm can take the ports radio. Hello, DeAndre? How you doing man?
Speaker 6: How you doing man? I'm doing well.
Speaker 2: So we just looked it up. You're thirty seven years old but still getting buckets. Man, that's pretty good deal right there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm still kind of I'm still kind of young man. You know, I gotta keep I gotta keep young. Even though I'm kind of old, I gotta keep young for sure.
Speaker 5: Where are you playing these days? What have you been up to? And I know you've been bouncing around overseas. Do you have a favorite place you've been so far?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've been playing at Saudi Arabia for the past two years. This year I played Iraq for a little bit, but now I'm like back home, So I'm just happy to be able to come back and let the fancy in my face again.
Speaker 2: I know they tried to work it out with you last year to join this TVT team. Did you kind of see how much fun they were having and something you really want to be a part of this year?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I wanted to play last year, but my grandma was sick and unfortunately she passed away last summer, so it was kind of hard for me to join the team.
Speaker 5: We're glad you're going to be a part of it this year, and it's going to be over at Memorial Coliseum, not Roup, which is connected to a building you're in probably every day for three years. Are you excited to get back over to the Joe Craft Center and be a part of basketball and Lexington again. For sure.
Speaker 6: I mean I'm familiar with that place, going to Wildcat Lodge, going on my tutors, saying Michael Stone, It's like it was like a second home. Being in the Word College. A lot of practice is hard practices. I'm very excited.
Speaker 2: We know when the TVT started, they I don't know if they realized how competitive was going to be. But once it started, man, the competitive juices started flowing and it would end up being some good basketball. They were playing out there last summer.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's some great competition. A lot of guys from overseas play, a lot of young guys play. It's a lot of teams that's being put together. It's a very competitive tournament, and I'm a competitive person, so I look forward to playing and competing for sure.
Speaker 5: We want to ask you a little bit about your time at Kentucky because you were a part of some special teams and since you mentioned practicing over there at Joe Kraft, I gotta know you had to up both John Wall and Brandon Knight and practices. Who was the tougher guard for you behind the scenes.
Speaker 6: I would say John Wall because John was kind of fast, very fast to keep up with the guard for me, very knowledgeable as a basketball player at a young age. Brandon Brandon was good too, but John was. He had a lot to him, very quick plane guard him a blessed so I practice it was our practices were blessed on general Wall the very fast face.
Speaker 5: Well, no one when someone says DeAndre Liggan's name, when they say your name everyone, everyone in Big Blue Nation thinks about the corner three in the North Carolina again, one of the biggest shots in Kentucky's n C doua a tournament history. You made it. Take us back to that moment. What was it like hitting that shot and getting the big hug from John Caliparia another moment we all remember over there after you made it.
Speaker 6: It was a great It was a great feeling. Before that, I had to got a big block shot on Kendall Marshall, so I just wanted to come down and make a play. It was a broken play, supposed to be running the play winner, but the play was broken and I just kind of like spaced out and hit the corner three wide open. And it was a great feeling. You know, every time I see that highlight, like I get chills through my body to the day. So so it was it was a great moment for the for the Kentucky fan base, for for for our team. It was a very underrated team that year because we didn't have a lot of talent. We had a lot of guys who knew their role, a lot of upper class from me and Darius Miller. It was it was that was a great year.
Speaker 2: You were here during that era where you played for Billy and then you saw the transition when it came over for Cal. It's almost to for us the fan base, it was amazing. But if you as a player, how different was that transition? And and you got to see those first two years where Kentucky basketball kind of pounded his chesskins say hey, we're back, and you were a big part of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was a it was a tough transition. Me coming in as a freshman and not playing so much with Gillespie made a lot of mistakes as a freshman and me personally. Then with coach Kyle came, he broke in a lot of talent, John Wall, Eric Blesso, still had Patrick Patterson, the Marcus Cousins and and my thing is like I had to find a role, like what I was going to do on the course to play minutes and and that, and that was playing defense, doing whatever it takes to get on coach Kyle good time as far as being showcased and playing minutes. So from Billy Gillespie to Coach Kyle, it was a it was a great change.
Speaker 5: We remember the the excitement around Cal's arrival and uh, you know, you've just been on a team that didn't have much success just basketball side. What was just the energy like in the building And I know you felt it around the fan base too, especially that first Big Blue Madness when everyone was introduced.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know coach Cayle coming. Coach Cal's is a household name. So he he he had he was successful at Memphis. He was a great coach for him coming to Kentucky to just overpower everything everybody. Everyone was excited he was bringing and John Wall all these guys, top guys. It was. It was a very exciting spark to the like to the Kentucky fans and in the fan base, the.
Speaker 5: Fan base in the program just went through another coaching transition is as cal moved on and they hired Mark Pope. Have were you able to keep up with the team last season and what did you think of how it's gone so far?
Speaker 6: If you were, Yeah, I watched I watched Pope a lot. In this team, very guys who know they role. Not not so much a lot of talent, but guys who know they roll great, great transfer portal. His first year, he got guys from scratch when he first came, he didn't have no guys. Then he started building, building, building, and they had a great year. They lost in the sweet sixteen, but they had a great year and they even got a better team coming in next year. And this has a great a great continuation for for coach Kyle left off to Mark Pope, He's only gonna get greater.
Speaker 2: Well, he'll be back in Lexington this summer for the TVT Tournament. I know they've already announced Willie and Deron Lamb, but I'm sure there's be a lot more familiar names that are going to join you guys this summer. He ended up being a huge hit. We had the whole team here in the restaurant and interviewed the entire team on the radio show one day. So we look forward to getting back into town and catching up and watching to play ball again.
Speaker 6: Thank you, man, I appreciate it.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 6: I can't wait to see.
Speaker 2: All right, dadd DeAndre Niggins, former Kat going to join the TVT team. Thirty seven years old and still still getting buckets.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they could have used him, talking about Pope, could have used his defense on this last team. I hope he brings that defense to TVT I'm excited to see him, and it was really good to hear from him. I liked him saying he still gets chills watching the highlight of the UNC game, because I know probably a lot of Kentucky fans still get chills too. It's a moment he'll never forget. It's good to hear him talk about that.
Speaker 2: And it's gooes to show, you know, he's been away from this program for over ten years, yet he still knew exactly what's going on. Well, Coach Pope's doing the transfer portal. I mean they they still keep up with it even when they're playing in Israel or be Rutor wherever they are.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's one thing to you know, sit on the couch and watch like we are. I mean they're he and several others are overseas and be able to keep up with all this while they're still playing basketball. So very neat, very cool. I like to hearing him talk about the transition from Gillespie to caw too. I had that on my notes, and yeah, you got to ask it, but I wanted to make sure we heard from him on that situation because we never really never really got to interview him about it.
Speaker 2: And He's just one of the few guys that actually lived that, you know, right him, Perry Stevenson.
Speaker 5: I mean, Cal ran off pretty much everyone everybody.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's think who made the transition, DeAndre, Perry, Stevenson, Rate Ramon Harris, Patrick Patterson, Darius, Darius Miller.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think other than that, it.
Speaker 2: Was everybody else Cyanara.
Speaker 5: The college house, and like DeAndre said, he kind of had to find his place. Cal I think almost immediately signed Wall and Cousins, two of the best prospects that have ever been signed here. And I'm sure Liggins and those guys are thinking, what's my status going to be here? And uh, as we all know, he found a role and made the most of it.
Speaker 2: I couldn't hear him say that, I knew for me to get minutes, I had to find a role. So I became the defensive stopper. Was not necessarily a defensive stopper. Maybe before that, No, he embraced that. He also he went out there fighting or anything, but he wasn't afraid to get up in somebody's face.
Speaker 5: So let him know. He brought a toughness in an attitude that some of the other freshmen didn't have. You know, Wall was more flashy. Uh, they got all this swagger. But Liggins was a dog on that team. That was a no nonsense guy going against people. I remember might have been the SEC tournament, but there was like something in the tunnel, and you know he was I don't remember the team, but I remember Liggans wanted all the smoke and you needed that attitude on the team.
Speaker 2: I think somebody asked John Wall one, John Wall, john Hood, they're about the same John Hood, John Wall, someone who is the best trash talker on the team, And he said, DeAndre Leiggans by far the best trash talker. And we loved last most trash tal Yeah, we loved last year's team with Pope, full of full of nice guys. You need DeAndre Leggins on your team and that's why they had a lot of success when he when he was a cat. So thanks tojohnre Liggis for joining us. We hope to still get drawn lamb your boy on at some point he could.
Speaker 5: Who he ain't he ain't up, Well, he's practicing, okay, practicing, okay, probably know if he's watching Martin or practicing. Wiggans and Lamb we're teammates, so that's gotta be cool for them to link back up. They were part of a big run the following year too.
Speaker 2: So would DeAndre be the oldest guy on the team. I guess Eric Blitzel was last year, and he's Anddre's older than Rick.
Speaker 5: He would have to be. I mean, it's impressive he's still been playing. I don't know many many cats that would be older him that are still out there. He's on that nausea Muhammad pro career, just gonna play forever. All right, Well, take our break, go back to the phone lines. Got some phone lines opening the Clarks pupping shot phone number eight five nine two eight to two to eight seven. Ryan Drew and Channing will right back. O'ma take you sports Radio? All right, welcome back, Take you Sports Radio. Who's your segment? Sponsored by Shannon.
Speaker 7: Oh our friends at Draft Kings.
Speaker 4: The NBA season is over and now we get ready for the playoffs.
Speaker 7: Of course, the playing games have already started.
Speaker 4: You can bet it all on Draft Kings sportsbook promo code KSR for new customers. Bet five dollars, get two hundred dollars in bonus bets, same game, parlays, live vetting, player props, fast and easy payouts. That's what you get with DraftKings. If you're near to Draft Kings, you can bet on something as simple as a team to win throwing that promo code KSR bet five dollars, get two hundred dollars in bonus bets only on DraftKings. The Crown is Yours. Gambling problem call one in one hundred Gambler eighteen plus Kentucky only. Eligibility restrictions apply New customers only. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after Issueance for additional terms and responsible gaming resources CEEDKNG, dot Co, Slash Audio.
Speaker 2: Welcome back, Ryan Drew and Shane here, Kentucky Sports Radio phone lines. We're opening. Got a couple of lines available if you want to get on board. Eight five nine two to eight zero two two eight seven. Got a question for you. You know, the leading score in March Madness this year was Walter Clayton Junior. Kind of obvious. Last year was Zach Edie kind of obvious. Guy's got to make it to the final four over the There's a graphic that came out over the last listing the leading score in March Madness over the last ten years. There's a former cat on the list. I will be so impressed if you can tell me who the former cat is that one year led all of March Madness in scoring him. No, ten years, oh, ten years. So from twenty fifteen, where was Frank Kaminski in twenty fifteen?
Speaker 5: It's gonna have to be a team that made a long run. Yep, wait, what did you just say about twenty fifteen?
Speaker 2: That's where this list started. It started in twenty fifteen, and it was Frank Kamensky.
Speaker 5: Ooh ummm, we said it surprising, Not Malik Monk, No Hearon Fox, No, I don't have it.
Speaker 2: Shan, you got a guess?
Speaker 7: No, I don't even I don't try to think of who the.
Speaker 2: Year was twenty twenty one, Johnny Jusang.
Speaker 7: There's no You could have give me one hundred guesses.
Speaker 2: Me too.
Speaker 7: We wouldn't have got that what he played for.
Speaker 5: I thought we were doing Kentucky players. That wasn't a true.
Speaker 2: Question, I said, former Kentucky players.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I feel like Shane.
Speaker 4: I feel like we got thrown a curve ball, said a former I mean that would be just about every player that ever in the last ten years, So I mean, because.
Speaker 5: We've didn't do it with Kentucky.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, you sil A in twenty twenty one. Johnny Juzang, a guy that we completely forget about that was here at Kentucky's roster for one year and then kind of didn't get any playing time and left and end up being a superstar at UCLA.
Speaker 5: Now it was with the Utah Jazz, another former Cat in the league. Another I just feel like I was tricks there.
Speaker 2: I think I was pretty clear on my instructions.
Speaker 5: Okay, I guess, so maybe it's on me. My bad. I'm bad at that game eight five.
Speaker 2: Nine two two eight. We gotta calls you at chanton, Dave. Go ahead, Dave, So first long time, first time, appreciate you calling.
Speaker 8: And I was told by a friend Corey, that you are talking to some engineers tonight. Is that right?
Speaker 2: I'm talking to some engineers in about an hour.
Speaker 8: In an hour, okay, so this is quick. So I actually am an engineering professor over at UK and I thought you might be interested in maybe some tips on how to talk to some people like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, I need all the help, yep. Let me have it.
Speaker 8: So I think he sent you some jokes that I sent through Corey. Uh, A couple of those probably will help you out, But I would I'd probably lower my bar in terms of audience engagement. Probably not going to get a lot of that with my fellow engineers. But what I would say, wait, how long is the talk?
Speaker 2: Thirty minutes?
Speaker 5: Just quick, thirty minutes, thirty minutes, easy, breezy.
Speaker 8: That's uh, that might be tough, but uh anything, do you have any equations you can show and talk about? No, no, I don't know bridges.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 2: Now, okay, So I want to say the joke I think you said, Corey. I'm going to try it out on Drew, and Shannon said anything I could tell this one?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 8: Oh rah.
Speaker 2: Three graduate engineers were discussing who might have been responsible for the design of the human body. Okay, okay. The first engineer said, we'll think of all the joints in the body, so it must have been a mechanical engineer, all right. The second one said, no, no, no, no, what about all the electrical impulses and nerves. Must have been an electrical engineer. Third says, no, you're both wrong. The human body was designed by a civil engineer. Who else would run a waste pipe through a recreational area?
Speaker 9: You know what.
Speaker 5: I mean? You should use them, but I just want you to know it's gonna be very uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: The caller said that that audience, though, might think it's hilarious.
Speaker 5: Okay, maybe Shannon and I just aren't the right audience. No one's ever accused me.
Speaker 7: And the engineer on the phone didn't laugh either, So.
Speaker 2: Well, I think you're the guy that sent me the joke, aren't you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but that's the that's the reaction you're probably gonna get.
Speaker 7: But they will enjoy it.
Speaker 8: I promise that they may not react, they will enjoy it.
Speaker 2: Appreciate the phone call. I was not worried about this at all. And tell this how this is playing out here?
Speaker 7: Let me ask you know, you say thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: Is this like a paid appearance, like where you have to go through thirty minutes or is it like a volunteer.
Speaker 7: I'm just Ryan, I'm a nice guy. I'm gonna come up and show up and talk for a.
Speaker 2: Few Oh yeah, that's volunteer. I could short ten minutes.
Speaker 7: There you go. Then you're not like wedded to thirty minutes.
Speaker 4: If it starts to go south, which I imagine it would based on the jokes that you've told us so far, you could just bell out in five minutes if you need to.
Speaker 2: It does kind of scare me that, uh, he said, you won't be much interactive. I was planning on a lot of question answered during this segment. I don't it sounds like it may not happen to.
Speaker 4: Go any questions and nobody's gonna raise their hand. Yeah, here at the wall, take the walk of shame.
Speaker 5: Well, there's thirty minutes left in the show.
Speaker 7: If Shannon and I just left, Yeah, what would happen?
Speaker 5: And you and you even get commercial breaks? We would you all do thirty minutes just sitting here?
Speaker 2: Well, like I said, you can do five ten minutes on football, five ten minutes on basketball, and that kind of takes up a lot of time. You can kind of, you know, go through every single player on the basketball roster.
Speaker 5: You can show off that you know the roster in the names. Yeah, I think that's impressive.
Speaker 4: Well, let's see, like we got four more minutes here, Ryan, like Drew and I was just sitt here and be quiet.
Speaker 7: You just talked for the next four minutes.
Speaker 2: Well, no, that's gonna be really bad radio, Well really bad.
Speaker 7: Right, you think it's gonna the speech is going to be.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be a killer.
Speaker 5: What's the longest speech you've ever given? Have you done? You've done thirty minute.
Speaker 2: Speeches, probably thirty. It's probably the longest I've ever been.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you have notes like, are you gonna have a shoot up there with you?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 4: You gotta I'm just Drew And how over prepared I expect Drew to be for this play and you're not.
Speaker 7: You're underprepared. You're not prepared at all.
Speaker 2: Well, my drive in today I have to going over my head some note mental notes I'm gonna talk about in the drawing.
Speaker 5: Did you not work on it last night?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I watched Tyler Hero and Anthony Davis last night.
Speaker 5: This is gonna be great. I want to go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, will anybody be live streaming this by chance? So I can just watch this one.
Speaker 2: Let's hope not. Let's hope that doesn't happen.
Speaker 5: You said you said it's the NBC Suites.
Speaker 2: I may or may not have said that.
Speaker 5: What time does it start?
Speaker 2: I don't Remember, I'm just gonna.
Speaker 5: Follow you there. You know, I'll be in the background with my sweatpants.
Speaker 2: Make me feel any better about this.
Speaker 5: We believe in you. We're just trying to make sure you're ready. We're trying to press you now so you'll get focused and realize what you have in front of you.
Speaker 2: Should I lead with the John Cali Perry joke?
Speaker 7: Maybe no jokes?
Speaker 5: Thank you? Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm as prepared to speak to engineers as Ryan is, and I didn't even have an engagement.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that's what we'll make it work. I am in a room with a bunch of smart people, and obviously I don't belong there, so I can kind of play off that.
Speaker 5: There you go, lead with that. Yeah, you can do a couple of minutes on why am I here?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a great question.
Speaker 2: That's actually exactly what I was gonna do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, how did I get myself in this setuation?
Speaker 2: I just went from talking to Drew Franklin and Shannon the Dude to hear talking to a room full of smart people. How's that for an opening line?
Speaker 5: There you go in That hotel is famous. They have like the free beer and food for like happy hour. You could just you could play up an Embascy sweets joke. I just came for the free food, you know. I like that lean into. I got out of out of your comfort zone.
Speaker 2: I got you one percent. So well, I'll have a full report for you tomorrow. Then see how it goes.
Speaker 5: We're excited, and I'm not kidding about showing up. I really think I'm just gonna follow you over there and watch. I'll get a on one of the balconies and film it for everyone.
Speaker 2: I two two two eighty seven, help me Shannon? Who we got in Pennsylvania, Lanta and Pennsylvania? How are you, Glenn?
Speaker 9: Hey? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 8: Excuse me?
Speaker 10: Hey? Back during the SEC run there in the conference play, one of the commentators made a comment about Travis Perry went to the basket, he got fouled, and one of the commentators made a comment that he hadn't earned the respect in the SEC yet to get that call. I didn't like that because to me, if it's a file against one guy, it's a file against another guy. What's your all's opinion on that and how you feel about it. I'll hang up and listen and you guys have a good day.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 2: I think there may be a little truth to that, like Travis Perry may not get a call. That maybe Mark Mark Sears.
Speaker 5: Who gets every call. Yes, well, I remember that game. It's like a sequence Ramis Parry got absolutely hammered at the rim falls on his back. They didn't call it, and then Sears does that little head bob move where he acts like he got hit and then he got it. So, even though it shouldn't be that way, unfortunately that was the case, especially when you're playing against Sears, who gets a Michael Jordan whistle.
Speaker 2: I just saw on the internets that Chad Baker Mazzara has entered the transfer portal from Auburn.
Speaker 5: I thought he's also thirty seven years old.
Speaker 2: I'll say, I think when he like twenty seven years old this past season, how does that dudes still have any eligibility left at all?
Speaker 5: Get a job? Man, I don't know he's on the move. I mean, he's a good player. Somebody will get him. But holy cow, I mean, I don't even know what rule or loophole he could use to keep playing.
Speaker 2: And why wouldn't you want to stay at Auburn. You were a start one of the best teams in the country all season long.
Speaker 5: Gotta get off his parents' insurance and find a new job somewhere. I guess. We do have a quarterback that's in here in his seventh year, though, so we also have a little bit of a Chad Baker here in Lexington. But it is crazy that he's allowed to be back for another year of basketball.
Speaker 2: Got a mortgage in two kids. He's got to take care of me. Trying to get some more nail money. I guess. So all right, well take our break, come back, Ryan, Drew and Shannon. Don't forget our Tyler Childers pre party. We'll be here Saturday before the concert. After party. You can park on our parking lot if you come to visit one of our local restaurants and then that fur just one of our neighbors. We want you to do that. If you're gonna park here, we'll be right back. This is Kentucky's Ports Radio.
Speaker 7: TJ Smith, personal injury attorney called TJ.
Speaker 5: He'll make them.
Speaker 4: Pay now more Kentucky Sports Radio presented by Stockton Mortgage.
Speaker 7: Here's Matt Jones.
Speaker 2: So, Sam, you say I should lead with this the bond that bridge, so to speak line because they're engineers there.
Speaker 7: Well, I was just saying you should work it in.
Speaker 4: I'm not telling you, like word for word, what to say, but you know you always say bond that bridge. That's what you're known for, engineers building bridge.
Speaker 7: You know you can bond them.
Speaker 2: They liked that.
Speaker 8: I like that.
Speaker 2: Who's this segment? Sponsored by Drew?
Speaker 5: The KSR Bowling League, it's back. You're gonna participate?
Speaker 2: Well, I think we're gonna got to take turns this year. Okay, like, you'll go on Wednesday night, I'll go on the next Wednesday night. Shannon's Butt'll come over here one Wednesday night.
Speaker 5: There we go. Well, it starts April twenty third at South of Lane's every Wednesday night at seven o'clock. As the Reid says, Ryan will be there, I'll be there, Matt'll be there, maybe Shannon will be there. And if you think you has what it takes to beat us, the twelve week long league is open now. Go to KSR Bowling dot com. You can say fifty dollars total if you pay up front for the entire twelve weeks. There's a meeting the meeting was last night, but you can still get in show and then show up in person at south And Lanes to review the rules, pick up additional players, and it all starts on April twenty third. That's KSR Bowling League dot com. We have a lot of fun at these We didn't bowl last year, but you and I went quite often, just hang out, a few celebrity shots, but it's always a great crowd, a lot of people that like KSR and like the cats, just bowling, having fun over at Southland, eating some of the best pizza in Lexington.
Speaker 2: It is a lot of fun. Everybody that goes. You don't have to be a good bowler. I mean, they have some serious, good teams, but they have just some teams that are there for fun. The Betty Boops, Oh I love the Betty been there every single year. They're going. They had just they're just there to have fun.
Speaker 5: There's a big party to wrap it up at the end of the year. It's a good time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right eight five nine two two two eight seven. That's our phone number. You said you you kind of were trying to help me.
Speaker 5: Here, Yeah, okay, I went to chat GPT. This might be the most I've been freaked out by the robots. They are very thorough in their suggestions for you. First of all, I'm just gonna tell you what I typed in there. All right, Ryan Lemon from KSR is speaking to a group of engineers. He has to speak for thirty minutes. What are some jokes or things he should say to play to the crowd? Perfect, That's what I typed in there. Its response says, oh, man, Ryan Lemon in a room full of engineers, that's a sitcom waiting to happen. He'll want to lean into his charm, self deprecating style. He's the lovable every man who's in way over his head but having a blast anyway. And it says, here's some jokes.
Speaker 2: Oh good.
Speaker 5: I don't think Matt's gonna like this one, but I'm gonna read it anyway. It's the robots. It's not me mad. If you hear this, it suggests that you say, if anyone here wants to build a robot version of Matt Jones that doesn't interrupt people or dominate the mic, I will fund the kickstarter myself.
Speaker 7: That's great.
Speaker 5: Yeah oo uh. Another one says I mat I was speaking to a group of engineers today and he said, good, maybe they can come fix the Wi Fi at chaospar another How did they know that? This spit this out in like seconds? How does it know that we're in trouble? There's like thirty suggestions. I haven't read them all, but that's two where the robots already know this show way too much. My goodness, I'm a little blown away. I'll email you this you got there's thirty minutes right here. Just read this.
Speaker 2: I just read the whole thing as a speech.
Speaker 5: How about all jokes aside? The world needs engineers. Without you, we wouldn't have bridges, satellites, smartphones, or most importantly, replay technology so Kentucky fans can yell at the referees with actual data to back it up.
Speaker 7: Dude, just read that. Just go there and read what he's saying.
Speaker 5: Must the robots do it?
Speaker 2: That's crazy?
Speaker 5: That freaks me out, for it it does.
Speaker 2: It just tells you we're all gonna be without a job in a couple of years. I did not expect it to do that. It can do. It's going to do our radio show once. They can mimic our voices. And now they know what we're gonna say, well, we will get fired. They'll just do it all that way.
Speaker 5: When I heard I was speaking, When I heard I was speaking to engineers, I wore my best button down shirt. My girlfriend said it was the only one that made me look like, I know, math, I don't know if that one's a hit. That's another example. It knows you're wearing a button down shirt.
Speaker 2: It's my best one.
Speaker 5: I know. That's why I read that one. Joke's kind of iffy there, But how does it even know your wardrobe?
Speaker 2: Okay, somebody just told us that it's the Mead County and Wayne County Archery High School State Tournament going on today at rops. So the Mead County teams here and the Wayne County teams here for the state archery tournament. Is that right? Good luck device, That's that's who we're pulling for. They comarre to kas bar and grill. We're here for Wayne County and Mead County.
Speaker 5: You any good at archery?
Speaker 2: Awful?
Speaker 5: You've tried it?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've shot bowl arrow. I'm awful.
Speaker 5: I did it at boy Scout camp like years ago. I don't think I was very good either. It's archery is blowing up around the city. Is I think Madisonville has a good team.
Speaker 2: Well, they some of the like I think it maybe Plaski Summerset, they went like national tournaments and things. Shanaick, are you any good at it?
Speaker 7: Hang on a second.
Speaker 4: I was talking to Gen Mitchell again. He called me back. He says he's got a tape that he wants to try to play over there.
Speaker 7: For the air.
Speaker 2: Oh oh yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 7: What were you asking me? Was it more important than Gene Mitchell?
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not. You work on getting that song up for Gene Mitchell. We want to hear it. Okay, let's get a phone call then eight five nine two oh two two eight seven.
Speaker 7: Who we got was Gen Mitchell?
Speaker 2: Play it?
Speaker 9: Jane, you're playing now? Okay, here we go.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah it was good. It was very good, Gene. Thank you very much.
Speaker 5: Is that you playing the piano? Gene?
Speaker 9: No, I don't know I had any company stare. Yeah. I used singing holiday in jazz for Indiana and my God, yeah.
Speaker 2: Dude, that's where I'm from. I've probably seen you sing up there.
Speaker 9: I mean Bright was her last name. She was to play up there and and sing there for a couple of weeks or so.
Speaker 2: Well, very good, Well, thank you for doing that. That was quite a joy. We got to hear your your crooning there for a little bit.
Speaker 5: So thank you, Thank you got back a Holiday Inn and Jasper, Indiana. That's just that's you in a nutshells favorite joke. The Holiday Inn. It's your it's your home area.
Speaker 2: That's Winter's a birthday party, you a swim party. You always go to the Holiday in and Jasper.
Speaker 5: There's a non zero chance that you were at the Holiday.
Speaker 2: Inn and heard little Gene play. I like that. That was very good eight five nine two two two eight TI did you like it? Shannon?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it was great. What are you talking about? I mean it was great.
Speaker 4: It wasn't as good as Gen Mitchell in Panama City, but it was right there with him.
Speaker 2: We got to get Gen in Panama City to come on.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think that's the next step.
Speaker 5: I like, before the show, Shannon revealed to us, if you don't mind me telling our audience that you you were trying to follow in Gen Mitchell's footsteps down there.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I'm not even joking.
Speaker 4: Like when I retire, I'm going down to Panama City and I'm going to take over for Gene. I'm just gonna sit there with the guitar and margarita and get paid to do that. I mean, what a what a great gig.
Speaker 2: Can't you see Shannon doing that? I mean, for real, I can for real see him doing that.
Speaker 5: Oh, he's very serious. I now expect it, and I expect you to be there dancing as he's playing.
Speaker 2: Now, Shannon, apparently we've been kicked off wk r D.
Speaker 7: Oh, yeah, we were supposed to have mentioned. I told you that an hour ago.
Speaker 2: We forgot about how people are texting me. You guys are kicked off wkr D for Louisville Bats baseball.
Speaker 7: So man, I'm gonna got to hear Gene just now.
Speaker 2: In Louisville. Nobody heard Gene.
Speaker 5: Man, maybe we should play it again.
Speaker 2: I think that was enough.
Speaker 5: The bats interrupted Drew Paluzzo last week too. I guess we're just second to the bats these days.
Speaker 2: That's never happened before ever have we been kicked off for the bat downs happened twice in two weeks.
Speaker 5: Must be something new. But uh, I guess if you're listening, there's no reason we would tell you have to go somewhere else. Hopeful WLAP.
Speaker 2: Hopefully you found it on w A P or the Somerset station. Uh, let's take another phone call, Shannon.
Speaker 7: Who we got j Rock?
Speaker 2: J Rock?
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Jay Rock, Hey, what's going on y'all? I just got a comment on that Gen Mitchell. Dude, h he's seeing like Kentucky Joe in a Hawaiian shirt. He sucks Hollo.
Speaker 5: Who No, Jean Mitchell slander on these airwaves.
Speaker 2: I would rank Gen Mitchell above Kentucky Joe.
Speaker 7: Which one are we talking about? Both of them? Okay? All right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought that this last Jem Mitchell. I thought he actually was. I'm sure he was very successful as a crooner. That just sounds like that's what you hear when you go to the Holiday Inn and Jasniper is that guy right there?
Speaker 5: We're putting Jay Rock and Tom out for that that comment.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can make fun of Daryl, but not Gene Mitchell. That's where we draw the line jokes.
Speaker 2: Let's get another phone call then. Who we got Joe Joe? Go ahead, Joe? Hey, quick?
Speaker 11: One question and one comment. Question? Is Mario going to this performance in front of the engineers to document all this?
Speaker 2: I purposely didn't ask please tell me.
Speaker 8: He's gonna be there to get some video.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't. I didn't want to ask him to do that. You know, I'm sure he's a busy man. He's got a lot going on, So probably I'll be there by myself.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna ask him Mario can ride with me. We might stop and grab lunch and be over there. We'll have multiple angles. He I'll do the aerial view from the balcony in there, and he can maybe get front row.
Speaker 11: Well that's if he misses out. If you miss out, Drew, that's uh. This like it could be some quality entertainment. But I'll say, my sister's an engineer, lovely person. All these things people are telling you, Ryan that engineers might be.
Speaker 8: A tough crowd, all that stuff. Just like cal Perry.
Speaker 11: Would say, it's clutter, it's noise. You just gotta just wipe it out. That said, it's absolutely true and this will likely go awful, but have a good day.
Speaker 8: I love you, guys.
Speaker 2: I did just think it, Joe. I love the fact everybody was cheering for me to fail. I think that's a big, big part of what we'll make it. We'll make it good. The failure of it.
Speaker 5: Don't get it wrong. We're not cheering for you to fail. We're just telling you you're gonna fail. We don't necessarily want it to happen. We're just letting you know what's a hit. I don't want you to fail. It would be very uncomfortable if you bomb up there.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you something else is coming ahead. Netflix. You know they did the Wrestlers, They've done Last Chance to You. They're doing one now on horse racing, and they've shot a lot of it in Lexington called Race for the Crown. I just saw the trailer last night. They shot a lot of it, like Kentucky Derby. There's a lot of familiar faces in it, Saw, Kenny McPeek, Bob Bafford. So it's kind of like Channing like Wrestlers, only for horse racing.
Speaker 7: Oh, I'm sure there's a lot of drama behind the scenes and horse racing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we know some of it.
Speaker 4: But I'm sure this is gonna kind of shine a light on all the other things that goes on behind the scenes that we have no idea about. So even though I'm not really a horse racing fan, I will definitely watch.
Speaker 2: That I'm gonna watch it. Have you heard anything about it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm very excited for it. It's about the same team that Dude, the f one series that blew Up was so popular, so it's gonna be a lot like that. It comes out next week, we'll say, like Monday or Tuesday twenty second.
Speaker 2: I think it's April twenty second. Cops coming out.
Speaker 5: So yeah, they're the Keenland and Churchill downs are heavily featured. You know church Shill obviously with the Triple Crown, but it looks like they spend a lot of time at Kentland too, So I'm gonna love just seeing the behind the scenes of Keenland.
Speaker 2: So we'll definitely be seeing some people. You probably see a lot familiar faces in it that we know or have seen on TV whatever. But I think it's gonna be really.
Speaker 5: Cool, and not even just the people they're featuring. I think just in the background. Might see some buddies out there, because from the trailer it looks like they cover a lot of ground. They're on a busy day there. It's not just all like back of the stables there, there are out and amongst them, so heck, one of us might pop up in there, who knows.
Speaker 2: So it's called Race for the Crown coming on Netflix on April twenty second. All right, we'll take our final break, come back our last segment. You can call get on board eight five nine two eight oh two two eight seven. Ryan Drew and Channing here in Kentucky's Port Radio Little Hooting the Blowfish. Appreciate that Shannon and on our last segment waited all day to play that. But I appreciate that Ryan Drew and Channon here our final segment for today's show. Who's our sponsors? Shanning?
Speaker 7: Yeah, the Kentucky State Chamber.
Speaker 4: With storms continuing to hit Kentucky, the Kentucky Chamber is continuing with their flood relief efforts and needs the help of KSR listeners for those affected by the recent storms of Kentucky. The Kentucky Chamber has compiled a comprehensive list of community resources to assist in recovery. Individuals and families can find information on disastrous assistance programs, including guidance on applying for FEMA AID and other support services as well, and the website also provides details on local shelters, food banks, and organizations offering immediate relief to those in need, so for those looking to contribute to recovery efforts, the site offers information on reputable organizations, accepting donations, and coordinating volunteer opportunities. You can stay informed and access these vital resources by visiting ky Chamber dot com slash twenty twenty five storm relief.
Speaker 7: Let me see that one more.
Speaker 4: Time, Ky white Chamber dot com slash twenty twenty five storm Relief.
Speaker 2: Thank you, mister dude. Got a guy contexting in on the Avis and Glass text machine. Should Mark Pope look at taking Chad Baker Mazara. I mean that hits a little different now, doesn't it.
Speaker 5: No, not that different. He's still too old to be in college basketball. I mean he's good.
Speaker 2: He's good, don't.
Speaker 5: I don't know that that would be a good fit.
Speaker 2: He talks a lot of smack, has got a lot of technicals this past season. But he's good.
Speaker 5: I'm very old. I don't know. Maybe you'll give him a call, but I think that'd be unlikely.
Speaker 2: Shan, Would you call him?
Speaker 7: Sad? Okay, I've got I've got something else going on over here.
Speaker 2: Okay, dot call who Chad Baker Mazarre. If you were Mark Pope, the dude from Auburn and just win the transfer port.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I give him a call.
Speaker 4: The Kelly Kelly just called in and said his brother in law is I just let I just let Kelly tell you here.
Speaker 7: Kelly, go ahead, tell me what you just told Ryan.
Speaker 10: Yeah, my brother in law just texting me back and he said that you must be running late because they're waiting.
Speaker 2: On you to get there right now. No, I don't know.
Speaker 8: I don't start now.
Speaker 2: Twelve thirty, twelve thirty to one. Is slot you sure? Yeah?
Speaker 6: I told her.
Speaker 8: I'm told him that you'd be there in about thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not till twelve thirty. I've got Yeah, I got plenty of time to get up there. Timacy sweets so sure.
Speaker 7: Though, I'm positive sure it's not eleven thirty.
Speaker 2: No, I'm positive because we said it to I said, I gotta do the show to twelve, so he said it from twelve thirty to one.
Speaker 5: I believe they wouldn't book you from ten to twelve. All right, your brother.
Speaker 2: Appreciate Kelly, appreciate that.
Speaker 7: Okay, I heard that. I just want to make sure. I thought maybe you were late no, no.
Speaker 5: No, is there any chance, any at all one percent chance?
Speaker 2: You're supposed to be there right now? I told him I couldn't do it. I couldn't be there till twelve thirty at the earliest. Okay, I believe you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, they're all.
Speaker 4: There expecting you to start to walk up any minute and start talking.
Speaker 2: They're just sitting there with nothing going on, and.
Speaker 7: There's still on the radio.
Speaker 5: That anticipation. They're probably doing like Rye in Rye. Yeah, and then thank you hit him with the joke. Man, this is gonna be great. I can't wait to get there.
Speaker 2: Our boy Andy. He's got a good text around the text a visit Glass text machine.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 2: I guess they gave I guess if they can give Eric Wolford a second chance at UK football, they can give Harley Gilmour a second chance.
Speaker 5: A little different circumstances. But yeah, sure, I mean Wolford actually did a great job. I know, we we all criticize him for leaving in the middle of the night for Alabama and he only had the one year at Alabama where the line wasn't great, But uh, we gotta give him credit for what he did in the portal. They've they've built up that offensive line. He gets all the credit, and when Stoops was on the show, he was very defensive, saying he's never gotten more phone calls about a coach ever as he did uh Wolford. So even though it looked bad of him leaving and coming back, I guess he's getting the job done.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I do want to say what the savest bet on DraftKings right now is to bet you're Atlanta Braves to lose.
Speaker 5: We don't play today, so we can't lose today.
Speaker 2: But they lost again last night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well five and thirteen's not great.
Speaker 2: The best bets this week shit and have been Braves lose, Reds win Reds one like six or seven. I think they lost the last night to Seattle. But if you're going on DraftKings, you're looking to make a baseball bet, Braves lose automatic win.
Speaker 5: The Reds have the Seattle today right after the show. Yeah, is that you're a pick of the day.
Speaker 2: Well, I predict that the Reds will win that game today minus one. Yes, they're playing really well. I hate to admit it. My dad even called me and said, you're not turning into a Reds fan.
Speaker 11: Are you.
Speaker 2: No, But there are a lot of Reds fans that listen to this show, and so we try to at least keep up with it a little bit.
Speaker 5: There's DraftKings pick.
Speaker 2: That's my DraftKings pick.
Speaker 4: The Braves played eighteen games, only three of them have been at home, so we're a home team, you know. Then this next series is coming up is home games, so it's a six next six games are all at home.
Speaker 7: So maybe you should bet on the Braves.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they tanked to drive the odds. Now, now we bet them to win the whole thing, get better odds, and then when they get home, boom, flip the switch. You could bet, Uh, do you have seven to fifty in your account?
Speaker 2: Seven dollars and fifty cents? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yes, you could bet seven fifty to win five dollars on the on the Reds today. A matter of fact, I want to do the Ron Lemon draft draft pick today.
Speaker 2: I heard Billy made his pick of the day that who the number one pick was gonna be in the NFL draft, And it's like a minus what do you say? It was like minus seventy thousand or something like. It's pretty obvious twenty So it's going to be.
Speaker 5: The Titans were in Lectionington yesterday, not necessarily the whole team, but the Tennessee Titans bus was parked at Fitte Mall. I have no idea. Maybe they just wanted to come check out Moletta, the Italian restaurant over there, but uh, that was a bizarre sight. I don't know why they would be parking for the mall.
Speaker 2: I saw your picture that the head the bus was out there at the mall.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought about driving over there, but I mean, they can't win a game, so I'm not gonna go out of my way to see them. But that was a weird Sighting in electionon.
Speaker 2: Yesterday was our boy Will Levis, Is he gonna survive over there?
Speaker 5: Well, they're they're gonna draft Cam Award, so that's that's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be a big minus seventy thousand.
Speaker 5: Max Harrison got invited to the draft. That's big news.
Speaker 2: That is good news.
Speaker 5: He'll be the highest corner I ever picked from Kentucky.
Speaker 2: And he'll be hit there. They think he's snuck into the late first round now.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, they're loving him. He had a great combine. Yep, we mentioned at the time, but Eli Cox he's not invited the draft to you. But he had a huge combine too.
Speaker 2: And DeAndre wait not DeAndre Dion Walker. There you go. He's kind of fell down the draft board.
Speaker 5: Yes, he was at the spring showcase last Saturday. Big Dion was back to check out the team. So who does a massive human?
Speaker 2: Who's our Dion Walker this year on the UK football team?
Speaker 5: You mean, just like the star. Yeah? On the defensive Oh, there's a lot of new faces on the defensive line. I don't know who will be the big breakout performer. I don't I don't know that they'll have like a high draft pick like they will this year. They'll have some guys in the mix, but I don't know who will be the main one.
Speaker 2: All Right, I'm off to talk to a bunch of smart people minutes late. I'm sure this is gonna be perfect. It'll go smoothly.
Speaker 5: You my QB wristband.
Speaker 2: Yes, they'll jokes for you. We'll be back tomorrow right here at kaspar and Grill, Ryan, Drew and Shannon. We'll see tomorrow.