Speaker 1: Hi, everybody, and welcome to the Renee Stubs Tennis podcast. I am Renee Stubs and I am joined by the ever present in my life in New York, Caitlin Thompson Present. What's up, mate? We've lost petgo again. She's in Germany. She was working the.
Speaker 2: Labor Cup, hosting a gala.
Speaker 1: Hosting a gala. She wrote a great substack on that, being nervous and all that sort of stuff. But she's our girl and we are missing her, but she shall be back. You asked me before we sat down and started looking at things to talk about. Do we have to talk about the Labor Cup? I want to talk about the Labor Cup, okay, because I want to know if you gave up a living, breathing, dead breath about watching Labor Cup. No, did you watch any of the Labor Cup?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Not that did I not one. I think I flipped over like a couple of times when I was watching something else on TV and I was like, oh, the Labor Cups on a one who's playing? And then I'd flick it over and I'd be like, I don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't hate exhibitions. I'm not mad at exhibition matches. I don't have like a B and my bonnet about like, well, if it's not for points, it doesn't county. I don't really care about that. I like uts. I think it's kind of innovative, and I like the fact that it's like a little silly, you know. I love the fact that sometimes in the middle of no tennis we get an exhibition here and there and random places preseason. But yeah, for whatever reason, the Labor Cup has just never done it for me. It just feels so contrived.
Speaker 1: It's so.
Speaker 2: Cheesey, like the branding is cheesy, it's so try hard in a way that I just like, I'm sure the tennis is good, and I like a lot of the players, no disrespect whatsoever, get paid, get your bag, whatever. It's just the whole thing feels like a man marketer from the eighties. He is trying to convince you that, like this isould be.
Speaker 1: Interested in this, and I just can't. Well, they tried to obviously do it, right, a cup style tennis for tennis, right, That's that was the premise behind it, And the premise behind it was you know, Ryder Cup is so popular.
Speaker 2: Which is a golf competition where half if the teams are from the women.
Speaker 1: Just played the Solheim Cup, which got great crowds. It was great fun. I watched it considerably over that the weekend and the days that it was being played. I know people are probably out there going lament the golf, but it's like, no, it was actually really entertaining, really entertaining. It comes down to the wire often Ryder Cups and Solheim Cups, and they have like different like ways in the days that they play the Solheim and Ryder Club where they do see I told you I was going to get a cough today where they do a four ball best ball, And for those of you who don't know golf, it's just like it's basically different ways to play at the team events where they support each other. Right, one hits an alternate ball, so you hit the drive and then and then my partner hits the Yeah, exactly, but with teammates. And then the next day it's best ball, meaning you both hit off, you both score the hole, and whoever's scores the best on that hole wins the hole.
Speaker 2: Right pick the higher scoring between the two teams. So that's cool.
Speaker 1: It's always very like.
Speaker 2: I like innovation in sports.
Speaker 1: I like and that's what it is.
Speaker 2: I like team sports. I like a lot of it.
Speaker 1: And then on the last day to finish off my Ryder Cup Soul home thing. On the last day, it's one on one, right, So you've gone as a team back and forth for three days and then the last day it's one on one.
Speaker 2: And who every side counts? Who picks like the best player from each team.
Speaker 1: Well, it's it's a scoring system to get into the team. And then you get a couple of wild card picks from the captain.
Speaker 2: So the captain is involved the big choices big time.
Speaker 1: They picked the team, They picked the players, and the players are desperate to be on the teams. Like I'm talking desperate. It is like you talk to a golfer, they'll say one of my you know, the late great Pain Stewart, who I was friends with because we lived in the same area in Orlando. And one of the last conversations I had with Paine was he said, I want to win one more major, Stubsy, and I love to make the Ryder Cup team again, Like it's so important for these golfers. So we need to figure out a way to make something very similar in tennis and I did tweet out. I think I retweeted a video that Nelly call a quarter put out in the first hole where the you know, people were going crazy and there was music played and it was such a fun atmosphere, Like we need this in tennis. Well, meaning not every year. We can't have Labor Cup. We talked about this last week, Labor Cup, United Cup, Hopman Cup, Blah Blah Cup, a Billy Olympian Cup. It's like it's too much in one year, particularly during the Olympic years.
Speaker 2: Well, when you were talking about how excited people were to make the team, I mean that sounds like the Olympics to me, which is like, you know, Daniel Collins famously was like, I want to make the Olympics. I'm going to need to play X amount of tournament to do that between March and you know whatever. The cut off date was early summer and right, and like going to be on the Olympic team and getting the blazer and doing the whole thing is cool, and so you know, I don't in any way want to slag the idea that we have. You know, old Guard, it was cool. I saw some of the photos from Labor Cup. It was cool. Seeingianik Noah, who's you know, obviously one of my favorite people, which is why I chose to put him on the cover of the first issue. You know, Like, but I will say the the I don't know. I just I can't get that excited about it for reasons that it feels like such a simulate crom of of a man's marketing fantasy that I just feel like I'm being sold a product that I don't want. It feels like, you know, Ron Popeel's Pocket Fishermen. It's like, who's this for? I don't I don't want this.
Speaker 1: So I think, you know, we talked about this last week about and some people liked my idea, and you know, there's a former Sam Stoza Playout Friend Play Eye coach player applied with that said, oh, I never thought about the idea of like shutting the season down after the US Open and maybe having some of these team events where they really become important. Right, you could have a mixed event after yeah, the US Open, I would I would argue to say, you know, a couple of weeks later, you have a massive team event in X you know, and then you have a teams event where you combine men and women in x whether it be South America or you know, places that don't South Africa, Like, let's take it to places on the road that don't get to have the tour, you know. And if China wants to put a shipload of money into tennis, as they.
Speaker 2: Do, and now they have great players with four men, have a huge tournament, a deep run this very week, can you imagine.
Speaker 1: China against like Australia and asked in a true World Cup and I would argue as to say, as much as you know how much we both love Billy Jean King, have a team's tennis style way to do it and the excitement in that playing to six is what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Well true the World team from the seventies, eighties and nineties World Team Tennis. Yeah, I agree completely, and I think, you know, in addition to these season changes, I think uh, shortening, condensing, consolidating. Yeah, like, let's make room for this the unique thing that tennis has done uniquely for almost a century. I don't know when the first mixed event was held, but like mixed doubles where men and women play on the same field.
Speaker 1: At the same time, World Team tennis.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, but it predated World Team Tennis.
Speaker 1: Well, we have a mixed DOUBLET grant.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. Like that alone was innovation in and of itself that other sports have only really cottoned on too in the last five or so years. Now you have an Olympic relay in swimming, you have an Olympic really in skiing, like everyone realizes like, oh, it's really fun when we get everybody involved. And so yeah, Labor Cup. I'm not trying to shut on it. It sounded like the Gala. I'm sure because Andrea I hosted. It was funny, it was cool to see you know, a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but wouldn't it be great if you had Teblinka in that.
Speaker 2: Were to Well that's the album with the Labor Cups. For me, it's like, well, yeah, so just a bunch of dudes, also the types of dudes.
Speaker 1: That nobody loves Rod Labor more than me. I mean, he's the greatest guy in the history of the world. He's the nicest man you'll ever meet in your life. So it's certainly not a slide. I mean, and listen, I I understand why they decided to do I understand why Roger thought this is you know, and teammate thought this is a Tennis Australia because those that own it, those are the people that I know Tennis Australia, and teammate funded pretty USDA as well. So the Grand Slams had a huge part in this Labor Cup. So guys, why not get together and have a world true World Cup and really get your money?
Speaker 2: Well, I think you just said way because it involves everyone getting together.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a concept we don't understanding.
Speaker 2: Something tennis has yet to grapple with. The if the USTs well, that was another thing Australia. So everybody would have to play nicely, which we are all waiting for you guys to do. Imagine how great this board is when we're all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so listen. Another thing to also consider in this conversation is what are the lesser players going to do?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Because obviously not everyone's going to make the World Cup teams right for Australia, for US or for China, et cetera. Right, So what are you going to do with the player that's ranked one hundred and fifty to two hundred in the world or three hundred in the world or even eighty in the world. That's not going to make their You know, the Czech Republic could fit seventeen players into like top twenty. You know, they could have two teams, so you have the smaller tournament. Still you still have the one twenty five's maybe two fifties. The WTA and ATP get together and try and fit the schedule around for the lesser players to play. I shouldn't say lesser players, but lower ranked players to play. So you do need to have viability for those players to move up in the rankings. And then you know people are going to say, well, then the top players that are playing these team events are not going to get points, right, so they can move up and down the ladder. Well, you consider giving bonus points for matches one or lost at these events, or you figure out a way that the top players aren't penalized with points and rankings. Maybe you freeze it. I don't know, but there's certainly some I just think that there's after the I don't give a shit what's happening right now.
Speaker 2: Oh I care a lot. I just don't care about the layer coat. I watched Korea okay partially because racket. I launched a Korean footprint there, you know, but a lot of people don't know. Like we showed up hard in Korea. We're going to be had to go amazing. You brought a ton of tennis newbies who have been playing tennis in the basements of malls, which is how a lot of Korean young people play sports because spaces at a premium and there's a lot of development in the city. And we brought them to a pro tennis tournament for the first time in partnership with the WTA, in partnership with the original beer company, which was like the hipster beer, and we made all of a sudden, like a big party happened between the grassroots tennis recreational players and the pro game, which we want to see more of. Like so obviously I watched that. I watched Kazakia hadad Maaya that was a great final. I watched Emirati Kan who have a couple of top ten or top fifty wins which she hasn't.
Speaker 1: Had in a while and now has pulled out a Beijing.
Speaker 2: And now she's pulled out of Beijing because she's hurt again. But like I want to watch tennis in all places throughout the year. I agree, the season is too long and somebody's got to give way, But I'm I care. I watched Jijiang and the young up and coming Chinese player whose name is escaping me at the moment, who are about to play a final I think in hung Joe like, I'm into it, and so for me, I don't care necessarily where the tennis is taking place. I like the fact that it's real, they care about it, and for a lot of these players, it's their home soil. It's where they get to shine, especially as the sport diversifies. So now they haven't met.
Speaker 1: I haven't played that final yet, and it's Jiang and Chilich playing a final inhung Zho. They are in the final, those two, so we'll know at some point.
Speaker 2: So Juju Young just is cool. He is triple Z TRIPLESZ, TRIPLEZ. So yeah, I think. You know, we've talked about scheduling at nauseum. Something's got to give. I don't think necessarily Asia should lose its time. It's time, just maybe not this time on the calendar. We need to figure out a way to make it a little bit more conducive to you know, when people are playing, when the weather is cooperated, cooperating, and when it's tough with I know, and when we can you know, reasonably expect these players to keep their bodies in one piece.
Speaker 1: Well, and that's that's another part of the issue. Right, You've got players pulling out left and right, You've got you know, igaon Tech has decided that she's just shutting it down. By the looks of it.
Speaker 2: Seems like a Bakina shut it down.
Speaker 1: A whole different story.
Speaker 2: Well, yes, we think, but she's saying no. But she's saying her back is the issue. She hasn't publicly said what it is if it's not an injury. I'm not saying it's not not her back, but I also, you know, by her own what she's.
Speaker 1: Kind of injuries is saying listen, that she's got to You'd have to be a dummy not to know. There's a lot more going on there for sure. And I mean, this is a player that I'm written for.
Speaker 2: This girl.
Speaker 1: We all are, by the way. This is you know, a player that arguably at her best, is the best player in the world. Yeah, I mean, I don't know if you remember her dismantling Saber Lenka at the start of the year in Brisbane, where she made Sabilenka literally look like she could not play tennis on her best surface. Two weeks later went and won the Austraian Open. Yeah, okay, well three weeks later technically, but what did she do after winning Brisbane? Rebeckn I mean pet Coo and I talked about this, because we're so on her about this.
Speaker 2: She went and played Adelaide.
Speaker 1: What in the WTF are you going to play Adelaide for?
Speaker 2: What WTA?
Speaker 1: What the WTF are doing going and playing Adelaide prior to the Austrain Open when you just won Brisbane? And then she went into the Austrain Open and had a little bit of an injury and then lost that epic tie break to Blinkover and really after that also had a couple of great tournaments and then all of a sudden this obviously something going on with the coach. He has disappeared as well from the tour, and his word is that he's been banned from the tour. So there's just something going on there that we clearly don't know first hand knowledge of, but it's pretty bloody obvious.
Speaker 2: That she is obviously okay, and I hope she's being taken care of behind the scenes and you know.
Speaker 1: But also with Eger, it's interesting that she's decided to pull out too, so there's obviously something going on with her as well.
Speaker 2: I mean, she's, to her great credit, she has been putting your money where her mouth is and sort of saying like, hey, this is really hard on our bodies. It's hard on our sleep cycles, it's hard on our mental states, you know. And I really respect that about a player, especially one who is the number one player in the world, using their platform to sort of you know, she's not complaining, she's constructively sort of saying like, hey, this is another way that this could be better. What if we made the season show like you know, And I think I respect that tremendously because I think these players, especially as they get higher in the ranks and they stay there and they get interviewed a and they get the chance to use their platforms to make change and eventually become part of the you know, player councils or whatever it is. You know, they're they're actually using it to advocate.
Speaker 1: And we do have to congratulate Eager because she passed and became the number one in the world for a certain amount of weeks, where she became one of the I'm trying to find that. I did take a screenshot of it. Yeah, she passed as passed number of week is spending her one hundred and twenty second career week at number one this week, passing Ash Barty for standalone seventh most weeks at number one in the w TA ranking history. That's impressive. She follows Graf Navradlova, Serena Evatt, Hingus, and sell Us Allus. So that is a certainly a group.
Speaker 2: Can we just talk about Monca for a second?
Speaker 1: Sure?
Speaker 2: We published in this last issue of the magazine a very glowing remembrance of Monica Sellis pre worst day of her life and pre the time that ended up being what I think defined a lot of her life and career. And it was such a fun story because it reminded people that she was not just crushing everyone on court, winning you know, something like seven out of eight slams terror for the three year period. Right there, you were right there. But also like she was bubbly, she was funny, she was into Madonna, she was on lead shows, like she was well, she.
Speaker 1: Was okay, time out here. I would say Monica was the shyest arguably maybe second to maybe No. I think she more shy than Stepfi even and both of them. Sure, it was interesting because they were both very similar like did not like the spotlight, did not like media attention. Monica used to wear a wig when she was younger to go out in public. I love that because she did not want to be recognized and she was very paranoid about being out in public. Well, there was a versionage she did that and went on to those TV shows. Yeah, so did. I think. I believe Steffie did as well in the top plays you get on those shows at the US Open.
Speaker 2: My point is we saw a bubbly version of her that was innocent, fun loving, and maybe, yes, she was shy for most of it, but I think.
Speaker 1: She was always a little paranoid about stuff.
Speaker 2: Maybe, But I guess the point that I'm trying to make by the wooden woman who interviewed her forty times is that let's remember that that was part of her legacy as well. Let's remember that she was.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen anyone else walk out under rolling girls, throwing roses, love the crowd, love it. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: I love it was it her?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was her. I was thinking it was Hingus. No, No, it was her. Hingus would never Hina was throwing a racket into the crash. Can we actually, while I'm talking about throwing rackets in the crowd, can we talk about Meddi speaking of going back, backing it up, backing it up to labor cup. What the living f was he doing throwing that racket that went into the It didn't go into the crowd because there was like this gap between the court and the actual audience, and so for him to throw it in the crowd, he'd have to really throw it higher or bounce it a lot harder. But it went near a couple of the crew and a couple of people sitting around the court. I think that the WTA and ATP to them need to make a blanket rule. If you throw your racket and it leaves the court, no matter what, you are defaulted, because now the rule is if it doesn't hit anybody. Yeah, I'm like, oh, so if I move, if I'm sitting in that crowd and I moved my head just a little bit to the left and it just misses me, oh, that's okay. The same thing happened at Wimbledon. Would sit the pass when he piffed a ball and it went into the crowd on court one and it almost hit a lot of people. And I don't know it hidn't hit him hard enough or somebody caught. I mean I remember a referee saying to me, and this is a true story in Washington, DC. I think it sits a pass. Actually he ripped a ball up into the crowd, and usually we're trying to hit it out of the crowd, so it doesn't quote unquote hit someone, right, because you know, if you get it over the crowd, if it does hit someone, no one sees it, okay, because no one was watching it. A guy caught the ball, caught it in his hand, and the referee was sitting next to me, and I go ah, and this is what I'm telling you. He didn't even get a warning.
Speaker 2: Oh interesting.
Speaker 1: And I looked at this particular referee and I go ah, what and he goes, well, it didn't hit anyway, he caught it. I go, oh, so that's okay, Yeah, what are we doing here?
Speaker 2: I think a very clear designation is in court out of court if you yeah, a good point.
Speaker 1: I mean, and listen, I was the worst, Okay. I was not a patron saint of humility and happiness on the court. I mean, renee got a little bit ungray. So this is coming from somebody who did have a short fuse on the tennis court. But I didn't do that shit, Like I just berated myself half the time or an umpire or you know, lines person.
Speaker 2: But I think throwing your stuff around is childish. It's a bad look. It's your profession. I understand that people get upset, but yeah, Like I think the easy rule is anything that leaves your hand, that leaves the court, that's it.
Speaker 1: That's it. Boom.
Speaker 2: We can add on to things like, oh, if you throw your racket and it hits somebody on the court, like a ball kit or something like that, But I think the blanket rule is don't throw anything that is leaving the field of play. Yea. Otherwise yeah, yeah, you're done.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Can you imagine it's just like, yeah, well they just moved the head, so it's fine. Oh so you're gonna wape for a racket actually hit someone in the middle of the forehead and like cut their skin.
Speaker 2: Well, this is the whole thing with Djokovic where everyone was like, but it didn't hit him. It's like, but he's been throwing no, no, no, no, not the umpire who he did hit with the ball, but he chucked a racket and oh yes, it nearly hit the umpire and they were like ha ha ha, but it didn't and it was like such a joke. It was taken not seriously at all by anybody. And it's like no because this one fleet footed linesman like jumped out of the way. Yeah, like is that going to be the standard? Yeah, Like you've seen some of the lines of people at these tournaments. I mean obviously lines people are generally going away, but like there's lots of people on the court. There's security people, there's spall kids, there's are we all supposed to like make them fly, you know, watch out for flying objects that could potentially hurt them. Yeah, while they're trying to do their jobs. This is a workplace.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's we need to we need to crack down on that stuff. I love that.
Speaker 2: I like when we get like scolding and moralized.
Speaker 1: Yes, especially me, who's such a cycle on the court. I love it. I know that you're a little depressed coming in here today because it's fall. Oh my god, see, I know you so well. I walked out of my apartment today and it was cold, and I went, oh, and I'm like, oh, Caitlin's gonna hate. It's gonna hate today.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to I'm trying to practice manifestation of positivity. Yeah, I'm trying to become a fall person. All right, Great now because also I'm going to port a Fino in two weeks, so I don't have to wait.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to port Afino in two weeks to do a big project for Racket. We're going to do a giant.
Speaker 1: Couldn't you have done that around the Billy Jean Kinkop so I could come.
Speaker 2: There's a chance that we made us to be doing a project in Spain. Let's see.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, you can let me know when we're not doing this podcast.
Speaker 2: But I hopefully it'll also be warm and coastal Italy.
Speaker 1: I know everyone wants to hit tennis stuff, but I just want to update everyone on the fact that the New York Liberty won. They're opening a playoff game yesterday and I am a huge WNBA fan. I freaking love watching women's basketball, and I'll tell you why. As a tennis player. Yes, I think tennis is arguably the hardest sport in the world to play, just physically mentally. I mean it matches out matches in Asia this last week in the women's matches, they were going over four hours, brutal.
Speaker 2: And also it was like one hundred percent of humanity and exprutal.
Speaker 1: Sigamund just leves playing over four hours, and cats Akina and all these guys. But you know, I watched the physicality of women's basketball basketball in general, but women's basketball. You know why they wear sleeves because they get cut all the time with their nails and people banging. Notice how basketball players wear.
Speaker 2: Sleep I thought that was for like muscle.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's to stop them from bleeding literally because they get cut. Because even if you have short nails and you you know, your hand comes down. The bruising on w NBA players just look at their arms when they go and play. They're bruised out the wazoo because they're getting beat up like hell under it. So for you guys not watching, turn on ESPN because ESPN has all the playoffs and the games yesterday were great. And your son and your wife Claire went to the game.
Speaker 2: They did thanks to you.
Speaker 1: Never seen Peter your son looking more excited ever. So it's just a.
Speaker 2: Great family experience. I love he apparently got on the jumbo tround. I was weaving his flag.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying. It was great.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm as somebody who doesn't like the sport of basketball. I support good for you, all right. We got a lot of questions.
Speaker 1: Of course. Naomi Osaka is present with Patrick Moritaglu in Asia. There's a lot of interesting comments coming on that situation. We will see where it turns out. And oft when you start working with a player and you're new, they do have good results early on because they're like, they feel fresh, they feel like they get enthusiastic about doing stuff, and they get a new voice in their head. And we've seen it happen over the last year with some players with new coaches and bang they have great results and then it slowly fizzles out because you know relationships, right, it's like being in a relationship having coached player. So see how long it lasts. And we'll see if he can turn her around. But certainly in.
Speaker 2: Your view as a coach, what would you suggest to Naomi, what's the solution here? Well, I mean, look, she's moving better. She started the year not moving great. She ended at least in the last couple of tournaments moving better. Her groundstrokes were as fearsome as ever. She just when she's what do you think she's actually like it needs to be addressed here.
Speaker 1: Just you know, she just needs to cut down our enforced errors. Like this is a woman that can hit a winner from anywhere. And I think once she gets into that rhythm of not missing, and when she was at her very best, she could make five, six, seven balls and then go bomb.
Speaker 2: But can you coach somebody to be like, hey, make less error?
Speaker 1: You can tell them to rather than try that.
Speaker 2: I would like that advice, but I don't. But there's nothing more to it than that.
Speaker 1: Well, you have to practice it first of all. So it comes in the form of discipline on the practice court. It comes in, you know, the discipline to not get upset at yourself on the practice court, making sure your players not getting down about stuff that they're doing that you want them to do. Let's just say you know, when you're running for a fourhander, you're running for a backhand. The majority of players, as you'll see, will hit it back cross court. It's over the lower part of the debt percent higher percentage, more room to hit the ball, and you would then force your opponent to make a choice do I go line, do I change the direction of the ball, or do I go back cross court as well. Now, most players, when you them hit a ball on the run cross court, often they would just sort of stand in that area because they know, oh, you want to go line, go for it. So most players will go cross It's why you see these cross court rallies, cross court rallies, cross cross and then finally someone goes, fay, I'm going line, you know, and they go for it. Right now, they might hit a great shot. Now your opponent is really moving. Now you can, you know, get up to the ball hopefully don't hit to go anyway. The reason I'm telling you that is it's just simplicity, right. Tennis is really quite simple in a lot of ways. It's how many more balls can I make than you in the court, and my depth of shot is going to force you to have to go cross court and I'm going to stand here and wait for my short ball, and so it's length on ball, it's length length in the court. It's not going for the sideline all the time. She has the power to be able to hit through someone, even if it's you know, three feet from the baseline, maybe two feet from the base line and three feet from the sideline. So I would just be practicing discipline with her, you know, like make every one of these balls. And then it's sort of like how Coco played last year, where she didn't make an error and then she waited, she didn't make an err on a forehand, then she waited for the back ends, and then you know, after five or six shots, players get panicky and they don't know where to go. Where do I go? On Coco, That's how it was last year, and that's how Naomi has to sort of set up her way of playing as well, Shit, where do I go? Because I know if I hit anything short, She's going to crush me. So it's a matter of discipline on the practice court, on the match courts, and clearly making her serve the weapon that it is and not losing serve. I would focus on two things with her control your service games and cut down your unforced eras. Go for a little more percentage, but still go for it, but just bring the margins in a little bit. It's really simple with her. And then the longer points she plays Caitlin, the more fits you get, the faster she gets.
Speaker 2: The more confident she gets totally, and those become like virtuous.
Speaker 1: She doesn't need it mentally to be told you can win a Grand Slam. No, no, no, yeah, which is a big step, right, just not everybody has that. Now has the belief, oh I made a final.
Speaker 2: She played well in a finale.
Speaker 1: I can win one. So now the mental side for Jessica has shifted a lot. Right now, it's well, she's not worrying about quarters anymore or even semis that that is broken. She never has to think about that ever again. Can I Yes, she knows I can, right, So that's done. So that's that you know, you ticked lists right when you're when you're coaching a player and you say, do you think you can make a SENTI? Well I think so what let's talk about this, right, Let's really why can't you? So that's when you've got to go through all the mental.
Speaker 2: Stuff as a coach and is Patrick the going to do this?
Speaker 1: Only time will tell, Caitlin, Only time work will tell.
Speaker 2: One thing that we were complimented for but also ripped a little was that we did not talk about Brad and oh Coco split because are coaching?
Speaker 1: Well, because it hadn't happened when we spoke.
Speaker 2: Last episode had predated the news. It seemed pretty inevitable. Yes, but also, you don't know until you know. You don't know until you know, and I wonder, you know, we've talked at length about what Coco should be doing. I hope she does what she was doing last year that was so effective. You know, I think pretty much everyone in the sport, pretty much everyone watching the sport thinks the sport is better with Coco going deep, contending, playing great and not looking.
Speaker 1: Listen, tell my ESPN executive producers that absolutely they want Coco deep. For sure brings great numbers for TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's bringing fanship and enthusiasm and people are you know, really really really excited when she's playing.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get to these questions then, for everybody, thank you for writing in so yeah, this is so fun, I love it. Yeah. Yeah, So let's start speaking of Joe Yesharoff, I hope I said that right enough. I didn't Palajz. You told views exactly what Coco was doing wrong on her serve in front of Brad, which was awesome. By the way, Why don't you become her next coach? Well, Joe, I don't. I'm just.
Speaker 2: An accident.
Speaker 1: I actually hadn't read that. I mean, I'd sort of breeze through them, but no, I wanted to answer them alive on air because I don't make those decisions, Joe. Those decisions with any coaching situation comes from the agent in her. In respect to Coco, I would imagine her agents, her parents, and then Coco and the three of those will talk amongst themselves. I'm sure would.
Speaker 2: You do it?
Speaker 1: Oh, of course I would do it. Yeah, I mean I wouldn't say no to an opportunity working with a great player. There's no way. Of course I would do it. But that's not a decision for me to make. And I love Coco. I think she's an incredible kid. And I can say kid because she's like more than half my age, a lot more than half my age. And I think she's an incredibly hard worker. I respect the heck out of her, and she has only ever been an amazing person to be around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's a good human.
Speaker 1: She responds to you, she looks you in the eye. I do see she's a lot more stressed on the court over the last twelve months. I don't know the answer to that. I don't know why. I think a lot of it has to do with just not having this success that she wanted to have immediately after winning the US Open. So it's a lot on her shoulders. But look, I just hope whoever she chooses, here's a tremendous amount of experience, and you know it can work on the little technical flaws. She has to have someone like that to work on those technical floors and not be afraid to work on those technical flaws, you know. You know, even with my time with Carolina Plishkova, one of the first things I did was say, your serf can be way better, and everyone probably looked at me like, well, she's like aces, she's the ace queen. Yeah, well there are technical flaws still wrong with her surf, for example, that you know, you've got to be willing to go in there and say I don't need this job. But I want this job and I want to help you, And those are the two things a lot coaches don't do. They go and say, can you pay my rent for me? That's true? Yeah, you know?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Next? All right? Were you oh gosh, it's just one after the other. Were you surprised at Cocoa and Brad parted ways? And who do you think her next coach will be? Julia Eager? I don't know, and I think we kind of sort of answered that question. Okay, Ron buckmele, you'll like this one. Should real tennis fans care about Labor Cup or only when Kully toss plays it?
Speaker 2: I mean I care about Corolitos plenty too, in any context. I guess it just wasn't enough to get me to watch the Laver Cup. Should real tennis flans? I think real tennis fans can define themselves however they want. Real tennis fans can watch their neighborhood, you know, Ladder, They can what a local club, the high school team. I think they can do whatever they want. I think for me to take the Labor Cup seriously, I would like for it to include women, and I would like for it to be a little bit more thoughtful about where it travels peror our conversation earlier exactly, Okay, James. Also the law and Order font. I just can't get over this. It looks like a guy from Ohio who's an agent, had the entire hand and doing all of this, and I just the taste level is so bad. I'm not talking about anyone in particular.
Speaker 1: Go on, Okay, good j Miller delighted with the WTA Tour players, a little worried about today's all court game though, and how tennis always a gladiator sport, now daily battle of attrition with huge impact on players time on court injuries, when everyone becomes an adule to win a point. We have a problem.
Speaker 2: She's talking about like counterpunching grind she.
Speaker 1: Or a he. It's Miller, Miller o Popolis and it's a photo of a cat. A cat lady could be a cat lady, well, a cat and gentlemen, oh no, it's not a cat. It's a dog. My apologies. I wasn't zooming in.
Speaker 2: We don't know anything about you, Miller. Ye will answer your question.
Speaker 1: I will say I agree with you. And one of the things that I did say number of years ago was the next great tennis player, particularly on the men's side, and I would argue to say that this could be also the women's side has to be better at coming forward into the net and improve on the volleys and have a shot that's a little different. And you know, I got a bit of shit a couple of weeks ago shocker from Shocker fans about my comments about Carlos bringing the drop shot in right, and in my opinion, no one has used that shot more than him. Ever, Yeah, he is in response right in tennis, particularly off the forehand right. And then I got he didn't invent the drop shot. I'm like, you, calm down, everybody. I know the drop shots. Guess what I used to play, and guess what I used to hit a drop shot. I know that the drop shot has existed in tennis. But his forehand drop shot is a shot we've never seen.
Speaker 2: It's incredibly well disguised. He hits it from anywhere, and he executes it flawlessly almost all the time. Yes, it's insane, So it's truly a weapon.
Speaker 1: It's truly a weapon. And when you guys, guys standing one hundred feet behind the baseline, and some of these when as well, like in egashion tech players that play way back. If you can implement a fourhand, particularly fourhand drop shot, a lot of the women do it off the back end. Donnovekich hits that drop shot so well. On I think on Zubur brought in the drop shot to women's tennis a lot more. And you know, it's all we could talk about. It's all people can talk about. So it's like, so my my point in telling you this is the next great player outside of the Sabalancas and all this, they will have an extra shot that goes whoa finally, you know, and Mukhova, for.
Speaker 2: Example, is a true would talk about it.
Speaker 1: She's a true all court player and maybe one shot she can implement is the drop shot herself. But she has every shot in the book. So Fali's comes in, so.
Speaker 2: I actually think we're in the midst of seeing this happen. I think between a curlytos between Arena Sebleka. Everyone talks about how fast her groundstrokes are and how huge are fourhand is, but she moves forward, she hits great valley. She's won several slams in doubles. Like, to me, that is so exciting because it's not just power baseline tennis. It's really it's really varietive and creative, and I know it, and I think you're right. I'd love to see more of it. And Mukhova being healthy and making a strong showing this year I think shows a lot of people like, oh, this is we have a style of tennis we can get excited about that we haven't seen so much of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it brings back a little bit of ash Barty type that we loved to watch obviously. Okay, monkey Bread, I'd like to know how much during a match are players thinking, if I win this match, it's twenty five thousand dollars more in prize money. How much do you think players think about things like this?
Speaker 2: I think it depends on player. Right.
Speaker 1: You've also written something else. I'm curious why the announcers never mentioned maybe this stuff. I cut the end of that question off, but oh no, there it is. I'm also curious why the announcers never mentioned prize money. Fritz Foux over Foe was an extra five hundred k I've heard them mention, Okay, so I can tell you this. Yeah, we always mentioned that as announcers, the money. But you know, we don't want to get to caught in the weeds with that, because honestly, is not important. I will say as a player, when I got a little bit older and I knew that my time was running out of how big a check can I make as a tennis player? Because you know, arguably I'll never make checks like that ever again. You know, the potential of making a check for you know, a couple of hundred thousand dollars or something like that. It's podcast money, Yeah, it's podcast money. But so I started thinking about a little bit more at the end of my career, think is shit, if we won this tournaments, you know, one hundred and fifty thousand, like that's really great. But honestly, it's not really what motivates any tennis player. I think winning and losing is more important. Like winning is more important. And then you think about what it can bring for you ranking points wise, and then inevitably you're always thinking about money in a way, but you're not really on the court thinking, oh, this is worth another twenty thousand to me. I mean it might cross your mind.
Speaker 2: I mean I feel like Sloan Stephens sort of famously kind of owns that yeah, which I kind of really love about her. Yeah, Like I'm not sure she's thinking about it every match, but definitely she's like chit ching and maybe, like.
Speaker 1: I think there are a lot of players that come from very poor backgrounds.
Speaker 2: The lines evens coming from.
Speaker 1: No, I think she comes from a middle class family. But but it's arguably you talking players from Ukraine, from Russia or from wherever they're poor.
Speaker 2: There's absolutely if you're getting into tournaments about its getting your teeth and there's a difference between you know, your entire year's earnings on the line. Like sure, yeah, I think you're right. It doesn't seem I.
Speaker 1: Mean when you're talking about it for a Sinner and Djokovic and you know, even Fritz and Foe and all these guys, they're not thinking, oh god, this is worth another hundred K to me. No, Okay, players Jpeg hits flat. That's a connotation for it, Jessica pol players who hit super flat or with a lot of spin. I Epergula who hits flat? Can she easily play with more shape if needed? Not? Really, Yes, she can, but that's not her game. The way she hits the ball and the way her sort of her wrist action is and all that sort of stuff. She's not about to change that now. Now I know that there's times that she probably has put more spin on the ball, and can You can put more spin on the ball as a player, but it's not really your nature to go to and it's not natural for you. Then it becomes a bit harder. It's certainly something to work on because it can be the difference making against a certain player. You want to get the ball out of the hitting zone for example. For example, hitting spin against jask Is is a good idea. You want to try and get it above her shoulders because if you don't, you're in all sorts of trouble because she hits all so well. She's like a five foot version five foot four. I don't want to make it shorter than she is. She's I think six or five six, not five seven, maybe five six. Listen, she's not I'm not a sabalanca. She's not sabal ancha. I was going to compare her to her way she plays is like a five foot six or seven version of Lindsay Davenport.
Speaker 2: She's flattening and hard.
Speaker 1: It doesn't look like they're hitting the ball hard, but my god, the ball comes flying off her racket and it is really hard to control. Okay, Jay Miller again, if a second question is possible, Yeah, it is, because I'm already READI it. Still having a really hard time seeing tennis with betting outfits as major tour sponsors, slippery slope players harassed by gamblers is unacceptable. Are the tours going to do anything on this or even give the players a percent of sponsorship? Well, great question. I always think that's funny too, because I remember a couple of years ago they did such a big investigation into players gam I know, are they throwing matches and are their players out there doing Yes, of course there are players doing it, but they're in the small, lower level tournaments like five thousands in Brazil. Those are the players that are tanking matches to make money. Need the money from the gambling syndicates. So if you want to bet on a fifty thousand or five thousand tournament or ten thousand k tournament in Brazil and your player doesn't win, suck on it, okay, because if you want to riding them on social media telling them you couldn't hold serve and why would you double fault this happens all the time to players, it happens, they get abused non stop, and they're all gamblers. So but the Australian Open, I remember they had a sponsorship of a gambling company on their you know, sponsorship behind the court and everything, and everyone was up in arms. How can you do that? You're doing an investigation and a gambling and tennis and you've got a gambling sponsorship. I'm like, and gambling has been a part of every single Grand Slam forever. They just don't promote it, but they're always been a part of it. And I have no problem with a gambling company sponsoring a tennis tournament or a sporting event because people gamble on sports. It's been happening in Australia for one hundred billion years, in the UK and Europe, and finally the US is finally like, oh we can make money on this. I mean, it's unbelievable to me that US has taken so long to have the Draft Kings and you know, ESPN, Bet and all these companies, because it happens all the time and it's a great It makes a lot of money. Now, if you want to be stupid enough to throw your money down on tennis events, and you apply losers if you feel the need to harass them, you're a fucking loser.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I do think what's your thought on this? Well, I sort of think of it from a platforming perspective, which is kind of similar to the Twitter conversation we had the other day where people are like, oh, do you you know Twitter? And what do you think about And it's like, I don't think anything about Twitter. Twitter doesn't matter anymore. It doesn't send traffic to media people, it doesn't. It's not where the conversation is. It's a bunch of Reddit virgins.
Speaker 1: It's gross.
Speaker 2: And I think very similarly when you think about platforms, in no way, shape or form should any of the players be subjected to harass, right, and so what I'm told to die? Yeah, they're told way worse things than to die. So, without getting into but actually, Caroline Garcia's podcast Tennis Insider has had a number of conversations about this where players are very candid about talking about it. She herself, yeah, put stuff on their for a long time, but I really applaud her for kind of taking it on pretty regularly. So to me, it's a platform issue. If you are a draft Kings or a FanDuel member or executive and you see players or your betters being reported for harassment, kick them off the platform. Will they create another account under another name. Maybe, But the idea is that it's not platforming hate speech and the sooner you police that. If you're a platform, then you're a publisher. And that's a distinction that almost nobody is going to appreciate or get. But as a media person, if you're platforming people, meaning giving them the chance to speak, you are actually a publisher and you're bound by the laws of the land, which in this case indicate hate speech. And going after players with hate speech means not only are you liable, but also you need to be the deplatform.
Speaker 1: And anyone who writes to a player an abusive message and it's daily, I just think you really should get a life.
Speaker 2: And you know, well, they don't have life. This is their whole thing. So I would just say.
Speaker 1: Abuse, it's so bad. It's like, what is that going to do. It's not going to help you later on. And I hope anyone who writes an abusive tweet or a text or anything to anyone's Instagram or social I hope you lose every bit of your money, all of it.
Speaker 2: Well, they probably are good.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's get to doctor Sook. It's a good name. Holgas started annoying but strong, now less annoying, but losing was his immature swagger, key to his game. He has three questions, so we'll answer that one first. I don't know. I think that he's matured a little bit, and I think as we've noted mostly on this pod, and I said some controversial things about whole Garuno, but I actually like the kid a lot, and I think that time will tell. I think he's got a few technical flaws as well. The forehands a little bit funky. But I think he's going to be fine. He's going to mature. I think he's going to get better with age.
Speaker 2: He is.
Speaker 1: He's a good all court player, and I think he's going to mature and get older. I think he had a lot of pressure on his shoulders early on when he came out and had such great success.
Speaker 2: So well, he came up with curlyitos, and I feel like the two of them were sort of hailed as a very section and when one of them takes off the other one doesn't to the same hates. Yeah, it becomes a lot of pressure. Now. I found him really introspective and thoughtful in his the Netflix episode about him, and I thought, oh, he's cocky, but in a way that's like sort of a little self aware. Yeah, and it made me like him a lot more. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I think when he goes and has Twitter rants with people that give him shit, I'm like, oh, I feel bad because he's like obviously is very sensitive. Yeah, like him anyway, and I do like it.
Speaker 2: I'm written for him.
Speaker 1: Okay, tiafa dump Wayne, but seems to have more problems bless with physical and technical game. Is he Is he too muscle bound? Same? Doctor Sook said that No, he's definitely not too muscle bound. He sweats a lot. He ran out of gas against Taylor because arguably Taylor just has a little bit more firepower, particularly on the serve. Well, now Francis has a great serve. I just think he talked about being very nervous. He was very close to winning that match in four sets. Taylor was, you know, looking a bit down himself. But I give Taylor older credit for winning that match, And no, I don't think so. I think Look, Francis is always going to have these funky swings. I mean, self taught tennis player essentially, which is one of the greatest stories in tennis. He'll be fine, don't worry about it. Mukhova is great. But do Checks have mental wobble? What that is the third question from doctor Zok, So enough from you, doctor Suk.
Speaker 2: No, she doesn't think. Yeah, the answer is no.
Speaker 1: I think. Look, I think that she definitely could be mentally a little bit stronger. I think she's starting to hopefully believe in herself. But this is a woman that just come back from a major, major, major risk surgery.
Speaker 2: And has had two Grand Slam semifinals and a final year. I don't think the question is about the Checks. I mean I think if you want to look at the Checks, like are the Checks the most mentally strong people in the history of tennis? Maybe maybe listen between Lendell and Martina, like, come on, the tradition is strong. I think it's more a Mukova specific back. Well, it's also like this is how long this has been a dynasty, and they're really responsible I think for the generations that followed, right, So I think when I think of check players. Even at the level that I play, I play with a lot of check players. They're tough as nails. So I think it's a Mukova thing, which is I'm coming back from injury and I have a very high creative game, high creativity inspired game, which I think you can get a little bit lost in the saw sometimes about that.
Speaker 1: It was one fourhand volley away from being a set and three love up against Jess a few breaks. I don't think she loses that match if she makes that volley.
Speaker 2: Well, she made the valley, she didn't pay away.
Speaker 1: No, no, she missed the volley.
Speaker 2: She didn't. She hit it right back to Jess, and Jess hit a passenger.
Speaker 1: She missed the toppy foehand into the net.
Speaker 2: Well, we'll have to go to the tap. My god, I was doing please please just keep going.
Speaker 1: Okay, I was doing the match and I said, wow, she normally it actually went long. It went long.
Speaker 2: When I'm edicated this, it'll be really exciting for us.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna pull it up right now after the questions. Okay, So R. M. Jackson five like the name, and he's a white guy. That's great. Why is Muhova so fun to watch. Does she have compact or long strokes? Is she a mix of old school Borg Macenroe and current techniques? Well, it's kind of a little bit of a confusing question, but I do appreciate it. RM Jackson five. She is fun to watch. I would say her strokes are very classic strokes. There's nothing about her strokes or her game that are really that flawed, and I think that's what makes us so fun to watch. I think the most thing that I love to watch is the fact that she serves and bollies. The fact that she comes into the net every opportunity she can, and on any short forehand she plays the right shot. She hits that forehand inside out, down the line and comes into the net and finishes it off with a volley, And I just absolutely love watching her play. Yes, so all right, let's get to b hd t TL wacky WTA. I think WTA should make round talking about the ball standard on all surfaces to reduce injuries. I go one serve only to reduce serve boddying. Like uts, it'll make WS games more watchable. What's wrong with women's tennis? I'm not even going to answer this question. Women's game more watchable in my opinion, XD balls cause so many shoulder injuries. Blah blah blah. Okay, wacky WTA. I will say this, you can't have the same ball every week because balls and ball sponsors like Wilson and Penn and Technic Fiber and blah blah blah and Babbelatt and all of them, they all make balls and they all want them to be used at a tournament, so they give the tournament money to use their balls. It's called promoting their ball. So of course a tournament is going to take a fifty thousand dollars from a Wilson or one hundred thousand from a Wilson to use their balls in the tournament. So that's why you don't have the same uniformity of a ball. Now, if you did, then the w T A a TP should get together with a Wilson or a Pan or whoever and say this is our ball all the time.
Speaker 2: Does seem like a opportunity.
Speaker 1: It does, but it's not going to happen. So there you go. And yes, the reason they're using regular duty at the US Open is because it does cause problems for the player, especially the women with their wrists, with their elbows and their shoulders. So that's why they went back to regular duty. And that's it. And I don't appreciate b h dtl's little slant on women's tennis. You should think about men's tennis a little bit more being unwatchable, I think so. I know you're a fan, but that just bothers me. He has another question. Should Goff have parted ways with Gilbert? Who do you think as coach? We've already okay, right a kana, Yeah, these are all being answered. Why is okay, it's maybe someday who we love? Why isn't there a Slam for South America?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Caitlin, thank you, agreed. Let's she wants to take the Australian Open and put in South America.
Speaker 1: So we are done with this question.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily.
Speaker 1: I think I could have a major, not a major, tonment, not a major like a Grand Slam, but that wasn't a big tournament down.
Speaker 2: I think we can well, we can do literally anything we want. Keep in mind, one hundred years ago this was a globe ruled by kingdoms and you know blood no. But my point is nothing matters. The world can change. Nobody could have a Slam in October until the French Open did it like anything can happen. The Australian Open wasn't really a major until it was the Open major. It has not. Was it a bigger deal than the Canadian Open or the Italian Open. No. Up until a certain time it wasn't. So my point is why not at a fifth Slam?
Speaker 1: But it wasn't always a major.
Speaker 2: Sure, But my point here is you can do whatever we want with the calendar. What I would love to see is the tours consolidate, decide which thousands mattered most, and then let's change the definition of a Slam so that it becomes, you know, as prestigious because the Southern hemisphere. This, this, by the way, is my way of appeasing you and not taking away the Australian Open. But instead let's add a fit Slam. Maybe it's in Argentina, a very strong tennis playing country.
Speaker 1: You cannot add another.
Speaker 2: You can do anything, You can do anything, you just want to South America, Argentina. Everybody does.
Speaker 1: What can club torontosaurus flex? Who we love? What can club doubles players do? More?
Speaker 2: Poach to win?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Move the net more? Yeah, move the net more? Or if the net player is stinking it up, just keep hitting it at them over and over and over again.
Speaker 2: Nowadays, I play a lot of club level doubles.
Speaker 1: It's called two against one.
Speaker 2: The difference between the college players like me and the players who are good but did not play college doubles is they don't poach. Yeah, poach, They just stand there. They just stand there and wait for you. Ye.
Speaker 1: Look overall, we appreciate you writing us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are great. I like getting questions from the audience.
Speaker 1: Yeah you do, I do?
Speaker 2: I know you do you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do too. That's why I put the tweet out. Anyway, we're going into Beijing starting. My interest level is two percent. I mean, I shouldn't say that I will watch more of Beijing. I did not watch any hardly anything of the last couple of weeks. I didn't barely watch Labor Cup. I was more interested in the WNBA postseason and the Solheim Cup and a lot of other women's sports. But I will get back into the tennis now that Beijing is starting. But it's just I don't know, just something about I mean, Serena used to shut down after the US Open, literally did not play after the US Open for many, many years, and you know she could afford to pay the fine. She didn't play the WTA finals. I wasn't okay with that. I wish she had done that, just because it's our biggest tournament WT finals. But those are going to be in Jedda this year in Saudi Arabia. So your thoughts on that, because you might.
Speaker 2: Go, I'm I'm taking the Billygian King line.
Speaker 1: Can't change it unless you're there. Yeah, and you really think that's gonna happen? Yeah, Okay, yeah I do.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm let's keep in mind my background is in politics. Yeah, Like, I don't believe systems are immutable, and I also think, you know, we live in a world where all of a sudden we can decide the borders of country is changing overnight. So yeah, I mean, am I incredibly optimistic as a gay person, as a lum of the Washington Post. No, there's there's some reservations I have, and I'm certainly not going to use this platform to defend. But i will say, like, if you.
Speaker 1: Go to Saudi Raybe, you're not taking Claire and I certainly not.
Speaker 2: That's said I'm gonna I'm I'm curious and I believe in like, okay, let's do some Let's do some engagement here. You know, I think if the tour went back to China post punk SHUEI, and it shouldn't always be on the women, by the way to lead the charge. The men have decided.
Speaker 1: Oh, the men have been going.
Speaker 2: There forever forever. So for me, like my my general approach at this point is let's say, let's let's have a conversation.
Speaker 1: And let's finish this pod off. You had a great article in the New York Times.
Speaker 2: What a fun article in the New York Times. Yeah, after a tumult a transformation at rack of magazine was the headline. And you know, having a business for almost a decade that we've been trying to you know, illuminate the stories, grow, do all this stuff, you know, sometimes you need to make some changes. And I think what I was most excited about is the fact that in the New York Times we had a chance to sort of talk about all the amazing things that this last year has brought, especially you know, making the magazine is amazing. Turning it from a sort of you know, hobbyist kind of setup where it wasn't paying for itself to something profitable. This year has been a tremendous effort with the best, most amazing writers, creators, editors, et cetera.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I liked the last line in the article where it's it do you remember it?
Speaker 2: I do, but I'll let you know you say it. It will be profitable for the first time. And I think for me really this year, and I think for me not coincidentally bringing on an all team of women, having the larger footprint where we get to do amazing things with brands and with events and with collabs. You know, for me, I think this is just a very modern way of doing media. Does it mean I'm going to be right all the time or make a thousand percent of my you know bets correctly? No, But I'm ambitious, and you know how society feels about ambitious women, which is I think speaks to a love of them, a little bit of the grist for the mill. So for me, the fact that we got to talk about all the amazing stuff we've done, including but not limited to trying to take over our first club space here in New York, which would have us running a tennis court. Will it happen. I don't know. Quick do I get priority on the court, you get free membership? Right?
Speaker 1: Okay? Well on that note, this the end story is, if you want to do a company, just have all women.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: All right, guys, thanks for joining us. See you next week.