Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio.
Speaker 2: News from Miami is the CEO of Lamborghini, Stephan Winkelman. Stephan, thanks so much for your time today. Talk to me first about you know, your results are another record now in twenty twenty four and I imagine that just continues through the end of the year. Are you going to post the best year you ever.
Speaker 3: Have so far?
Speaker 1: It seems like it. It seems that we are going to be again on a record. I as you said, no in terms of deliveries, in terms of operating fit and also for sure in terms of turnover. What we're always looking into is not running for the pigs. We are looking into the fact that we need to have a solid order bank now which should last between one and one and a half years. And this is paramount for the success also for the twenty twenty five And also on the other hand, we have good of very high residual values, which is said now giving us the peace of mind that the things are going into the right direction. And the last, but not least, is the fact that we have a balanced distribution over the major regions in this world. And not to forget that now we have the youngest lineup in terms of products we have ever had in the history of Lamborghini and also in my opinion, the best one. Yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Are sold out, I think at least until the end of twenty twenty six, so I can't buy a new Lamborghini. That's part of the reason why prices in the aftermarket are even higher than MSRP. Are you planning a fourth model You've previously shown the Asteria concept PATV pays the way for a front engine competitor to for RSGT vehicles.
Speaker 1: Is that on the cards, but our idea is to have the three cards we have today is plugging hybrids, which is the first step of our strategy we call Portori, so to have more performance by less your two emissions. And by the end of this decade we are looking into a force model which we showed already as a concept car last year in Pebble Beach, the Lansador, And this is something which is going to happen by the end of this decade and would be the first full electric car. And I think as an add on, this could be a good step for us in terms of closing the circle because the GT card, this is what it is now an elevated GT car. So a two door two plus two is what is missing today in the lineup of Lamborghini.
Speaker 3: Really curious about how you would categorize what's happening with hybrids right now. If you think about the demand moving forward, how much of it is coming from the US, How excited are US consumers? Where is the hesitancy? To what extent do you believe that this could be the model of the future.
Speaker 1: I think we are very well positioned with the plug in hybrids. The important thing is that you have to keep the promise being us a common affecture which is not selling mobility but dreams. On one endside, the design has always to be new. We have cutting a technology and we have to keep the promise that this generation is more performing than the generation before and at the same time we are emitting less CO two emissions. If this comes together and this is happening, then the customers buy in and this is equally distributed into the region of the world. And we are very carefully looking into it. And the US is by far the biggest market we have. And now I'm here in southern flo Florida, and the Florida is the second largest in the US, so it's important to be here as often as we can.
Speaker 2: Being the biggest market that you have. I wonder how you're preparing for looming tariffs. I realize that your product is at a price level which makes buyers maybe slightly less elastic. But are you importing, for example, more cars now to get in under the wire? Did people make more purchase decisions post election due to the certainty?
Speaker 1: No? No, we are doing business as we know it. We are for a free trade world and we are not, let's say, doing speculations about the future. We do our job and we are here to stay.
Speaker 3: Speaking of challenges, I also want to talk about your parent company, because of course Volkswagen is pushing four factory closures, wage cuts, layoffs in Germany to profitability. How will the cuts impact you and the synergies that you enjoy with Volkswagen.
Speaker 1: You know, the Folks One Group is very good in dealing with brands, so we have our responsibility in terms of for sure the operating profit. We have our responsibility of research and development, producing cays and also setting cars. So there is no effect or no negative effect on our plans for the future. In the Folks Long Group, all right.
Speaker 2: Stefan, we really appreciate your time. Very exciting to see the products that you're putting out, and I'm hopeful that we'll hear more about a two plus two model in the future. Stefan Winkelman there, the CEO of Lamborghini.