Speaker 1: We're taking. Now we're two cool moms. Okay, just have one cool mom. Thanks so much for suiting up, Stevie. I'm Joe Gatto.
Speaker 2: I'm Steve Burne.
Speaker 1: We are to ye. We got our shirts on. So I was walking in Target and I was on the road and me and Jiggy were doing a shop and I walked by it and I said, oh, I said, that's funny. I have to get that. So then I picked this one up. But I grabbed that one you have on an XCEL but it was too taut. Yeah, I couldn't breathe. It wasn't comfy. I needed a double Excel and the double XL was on the mannequin. So I asked the person to work there to disassemble it together. Like, who's that? Oh you get that? I said, yes for me, So this guy had to take it off. I get it from me.
Speaker 3: So here we are, Here, we are, we we feel cool. Now here's the thing. You walked in with the shirt on. And I started dying laughing. Right, I'm like, that's hillarious. And as soon as I wipe my tears, you throw another one at me and I'm like, oh no, And now it's not so funny.
Speaker 1: It's not so fun. You look great though, no pipes out look at him? Oh they don't, they don't. Joey beefcakes, I have no muscle tonge. Oh come on, it's just like slabs of salami. You're pale. Oh yeah, well comparison. I was just hit Florida this weekend, so that's what happened. So sorry about that. You're getting washed out completely. You don't, I'm powder. Apparently you're great. I love it, man, I love it too. Cool Moms. I'm a big graphic tea guy. I love a good graphic tea. I love a good I love a good slogan logo.
Speaker 2: I love a good woman's tank top. So this worked out perfectly. Yeah, I can't wait, tool woman.
Speaker 1: So let you tell you something about it. And it's blousey on you, which is nice. Is it's meant to be got room for the movies.
Speaker 2: It's very nice an ex woman. You think these days this would be a lot bigger.
Speaker 4: A lot bigger for woman, but because the the size of a lot of women, the breast enhancements, so many enhancements, you know, the cool, the.
Speaker 1: Cool, the cool would be cool cool, mom, I've never been tank top guy though. If you've been tank top guy never, never.
Speaker 2: This is uncomfortable for me, is it really?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh my goodness, it's wonderful for me. Are you uncomfortable? I love? Yeah, it's none. It's easy breezy cover girl in the in the home alone.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would, I would. I would wear something like like a tank top.
Speaker 1: Do you own tank tops that are non Jerseys?
Speaker 2: Nope? No, I mean I don't know, wrong tank top.
Speaker 1: You know a lot of people, a lot of people do this under a suit shirt, like they'll do the white you know, not that I'm a cool mom want, but like a suit they'll wear a tank top to be under their dress shirt. Okay, I don't do that. I do a full T shirt underneath.
Speaker 2: Well you're talking like when you dress up, and yeah, I don't. I never understood that.
Speaker 1: Do you do a bear do you do bear chested? Just a button up?
Speaker 2: That's it?
Speaker 1: What's your pit situation? Do you sweat a lot? You don't need it. You don't need a raincatcher?
Speaker 2: Is that what they're called?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: When I used to have to wear those on h when I when I taped Sullomon Sun the makeup because I would just you know, you're sitting under the lights. And I was always stressed and I every every goddamn line of the thing, so it would it would literally look like I'm just like a fire hydrant. Yeah I went off, but uh, but normally I don't know. It's weird, Like sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's not. I don't think you own Are you consistently face sweats?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it. When I'm when I'm hot or nervous, face sweats. It's all about face face lit. That's where I'm coming out of. Yeah, the pit's not so much, no ball area A little bit from being honest, you know, my Dagoba system as up. Sometimes Yodah's out there doing his thing. I get a little bit of swampy it happens, but mostly it's on the face. For sure. I get a glean. I get a glean going. Did you now? I never what tank tops growing up either. I never you wore basketball jerseys.
Speaker 2: Though, no, no, really never.
Speaker 3: I only the only basketball jersey I ever owned was a was an LA Sparks really yeah, and I used to wear it like as for the Funnies. But yeah, it was like in in the summer or something if I was checking my mail. I would never like wear a tank top out.
Speaker 1: Really, yeah, I would love if you were just rocket tank about town.
Speaker 2: Never had it?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: Have you owned tank tops?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: Never. I'm an Italian from Staten Allen. I was born and that they swallowed me in it. I came out of my mother. They were like, here it is, let's get on this. Ain's white ribbed. Yeah. They put it right on that, Chris, and you're right there. I didn't. I never really got into tank tops. I was never had a defined body, but I did wear them when I played basketball and my body was fine. I never had any sort of muscle tone anything to show off. Why would I wear it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know now I have body confidence through the roof, so I don't care. I'll rock one right now. I'm by wear this on stage? Yeah, yeah, we're together this weekend, together, this weekend. Come on, we end the show in them? Okay, Mom will come out.
Speaker 3: The minute I put this on, I was like, I was like, I know we're going out to lunch and I'm just praying to God Joe doesn't say, you know, we're wearing these to lunch?
Speaker 1: People ask for march guys, here it is now, this is this is trademark, this is from Target. Yeah, I never really got tank tops. I never What's some other stuff you never wore? I wish I could have got into a couple of things, but I want to hear you like, I can't. I don't wear baseball hats. I don't loo get in the hat. We talked about this, I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anything brown, like brown leather, I've never I can't get into brown's.
Speaker 2: And my wife loves brown.
Speaker 1: She's like brown baijer tony, she's earth tony.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like blues, blacks and yeah, I guess it's most guys probably, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just don't wear anything brown.
Speaker 1: Do you wear salmon?
Speaker 2: Do you go into the one of pink salmon?
Speaker 1: Come on, no, salmon, You're wearing pink right now. I was forced to pick this out. It was blue, you would have been like, love it, that's true black?
Speaker 2: No, So so yeah, what about you? What always wanted to do?
Speaker 1: I always want to do like a leather jacket, and I could never pull it off.
Speaker 2: I always like to wear a leather jet.
Speaker 1: Well, no, because I looks way too like stereotypical, like it didn't. I never felt comfortable on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you can get a nice leather jacket. There's like the Fonsi and then there's like the.
Speaker 1: Foni is the nice one.
Speaker 2: But we talked about Fonzie before it.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, yeah, yeah, okay, but yeah, I think you could get a nice black leather jack scarfs scarf.
Speaker 2: I've never done it.
Speaker 1: I love a scarf, never, I'd love. I love.
Speaker 2: There's people that wear like a dress scarf, you know, like.
Speaker 1: Paul Pauli Figy. Sorry, yeah, yeah, okay, famously. No, it's not him. I'm thinking of somebody else who directed Spy. That was right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, an ascot ascot never wore an ascot.
Speaker 1: Loves him, loves me, can't get enough of them, the fig fig Figs, Kevin Figy and Paul Fieg right fig Yes fig.
Speaker 2: An ascot never loves them. He wears an ascot famously like thirston Hell.
Speaker 1: No, is it a bow tie? He wears something he's always dressed up. Bow tie the most famous ascot for sure. Yeah, a bow tie with a tuxedo, Yes, a bow tie.
Speaker 2: Casual.
Speaker 1: Liberaci were a I mean ascots. I feel like you were a lot. I feel I feel like they would be uncomfortable though, like turtlenecks. I can't do a turtleneck. No, but it looks so comfortable. No, but I can't wear him.
Speaker 2: I don't like it. That's something I'd never got into.
Speaker 1: It's like, you gotta it's like you got a rug around your throat.
Speaker 2: No, you wear a turtlenick. It's like the back of a book cover. Author Steve kind.
Speaker 1: Of like this is you do you right here? This is our author cover for Too Cool.
Speaker 2: But you gotta you gotta imagine the eternal neck.
Speaker 1: No, I want you in this screen grab in this like this, this is a screen grab. This is gonna be the thumbnail market.
Speaker 2: Did you are we wearing these out today?
Speaker 1: I mean we should put on the next episode because it was all like we're going to lunch next Yeah, it's wearing lunch. I don't even mention them.
Speaker 3: Fuld you imagine if you're walking around, man, you two dudes in their forties.
Speaker 1: I'm not We're not evenna wear our jackets. Okay, because it's also not this nice out, it's not tag top weather out. We'll take some photos in the wild and we'll upload them.
Speaker 2: Okay, we can see it all right? All right, what were we gonna ask?
Speaker 1: Oh? I love this? You know what? We gotta take this for a photo?
Speaker 2: See you love this? I do you love this?
Speaker 1: But so do you? Yeah? No, not as much.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'll do it for the funnies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's why you love being funny?
Speaker 2: Yeah, with a microphone?
Speaker 1: And do you do you not like that? We are partners in crime because I am so anti embarrassed. I'm so pro embarrassment.
Speaker 3: This is this is you are in your zone right now, like this walking down the street.
Speaker 2: Two dudes tank tops and I'm a cool mom.
Speaker 1: Do that?
Speaker 3: You're you don't have a care in the world. I would feel a little inhibited, Yeah, a little bit. I'll be like, okay, but I do it. I'll do it all right, for the funnies. Not comfortable, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't want you to be Yes, I do do it. It'll be fine, that'll be fine, that'll be fine. I won't make it. We won't have to perform them. We do not get on stage in front of our you know, thousands of adoring fans this weekend in Florida.
Speaker 2: Dozens thousands.
Speaker 1: Yes, well, you walk out with almost thousands of fans you don't win. Everybody over, No, don't win.
Speaker 2: Had a few, Uh, had a few walkouts.
Speaker 1: You will couple. We'll wait till Joe takes the stag. We do these. You know what, my own, my own, your own, my own?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, did you recently?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Texas?
Speaker 3: Oh, Texas is tough for you though, And then Vegas had a had an odd incident.
Speaker 2: Uh, doesn't matter, doesn't matter.
Speaker 1: I'm here, you're here. You made it, you made it, but you you cannot.
Speaker 3: I don't think you can do a show these days and not there's gonna be somebody that just everybody's gon somebody's gonna find something.
Speaker 1: But I always remind you before you take my stage, be nice, Stephen. Yeah, it's so great. Oh I love it. I love when you're out there, just two cool moms hitting the roads. Dudes, what are we getting for lunch is a question. We have to go get like a like like you know, mimosas. Right, we have to wade some.
Speaker 2: Bosies somewhere with a sidewalk, uh apparently, Yeah, with a plant. You just chill out.
Speaker 1: I want to drink with some with some garnish in it. Yeah, of breezy lemonade I'm gonna do this a lot too. I just feel like this is gonna be a thing for me adjusting, right, Yeah, yeah, h when we do it. When I do the meet and greets sometimes, I used to do some sillies to make a time pass when me and the boys of meet and greets, and I would always do this thing where I would when somebody's walking up, I'll be like, I'm gonna touch their face in the picture. Don't, don't, don't, and I would just hug them a walkily and just have my That would get so right.
Speaker 3: But imagine, I mean, you're waiting this whole time to meet you, you're such a huge fan, and then a like a digit just.
Speaker 1: Random yeah, yeah, all.
Speaker 2: Right, all right, let's get into it.
Speaker 1: So go moms. Thank you so much for subscribing to our YouTube. That's a big thing. Please do that. And then also of course sliding into the d MS.
Speaker 2: Yeah, rate review, subscribe. This has been a podcast.
Speaker 3: I think you and I have discussed this, uh off.
Speaker 2: The air or whatever, but I think we do it. It's a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: But I think, uh, you know, there's gonna be you know, more of a focus uh two to kind of you know, make make it more than you know.
Speaker 1: First question, Oh, I think you're te up the question. Were you trying to say something?
Speaker 3: No, but I think this has almost been kind of like a hobby, you know. But then you know, and just talking to you lately, it's like, Oh, I think we're gonna talk.
Speaker 1: About amping it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, amp it up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, big plans of the Cool Moms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it starts with wardrobe and it builds out from there.
Speaker 1: It's a lifestyle choice, guys. It's it doesn't only happen here. It happens here and here and here. That's right, That's where it is. It's almost importantly that's right here, right here.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is coming on us from Alita.
Speaker 3: Okay, Hi, love the laughs when I listened to both you Cool Moms.
Speaker 1: Brandon.
Speaker 3: Father's Day is about a month away. I need ideas for gifts for my husband. I'm I'm a notoriously bad gift giver, especially to my husband.
Speaker 2: Any suggestions would help.
Speaker 1: You know what you used to crush it for me for a Father's Day gift? On both sides of it, I loved the j C. Penny walkway. You know when j C Pennies when they did j C. Pennies. They did the whole little like tables they would set up on the way up to the cash wrap and it would just be all the stupid little like fathers, like desktop, golf, all those things that would I would always find stuff there that I liked. And my dad WO used to like those gifts, So maybe he just told me you liked them, But I always thought that was really cool. But for me for Father's Day gifts, for sure, handwritten note from the kids, something that's a moment in time, what you mean about me? Like that kind of thing. I always think those are fun and awesome.
Speaker 3: I don't think that's a that's not a bad call at all. My son drew a picture for me recently and out framed it put it next to my you know when I get up in the morning and you know the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Were you losing for the word? You didn't know what the bathroom was called? What is the matter? You're really uncomfortable right now? I'm having my dog. Okay, So he drew a picture you put in a frame and put in your bathroom. Totally normal, there you go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it says it says you got this and my son drew a picture of me holding my my my wife's, my wife's hand, and my two kids hands and it's just the four of us.
Speaker 2: And I was like, that's so sweet. That's a nice thing to see in the morning.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 3: So so with that, my daughter knows I love this seventy eighth Superman. So she looked up an.
Speaker 2: Image and drew it and colored it in and was it good. Just went, yeah, it's really good. Actually, so I framed it that she's.
Speaker 3: Not listening, I'm telling you it is really good on it. So I framed to put that in my office. And those things, of all the things in my office, those are like the two things that's super cool, really really cool.
Speaker 1: But my my refrigerator is just filled with stuff that my son has drawn. And he also bought do it yourself magnet thing we had for him, and he made the magnets that are on my fridge, like calls it. It's just his name and like picture I love Dad and stuff. It's really cool. Like my whole thing is like a little shout out to his gallery artwork. Yeah, it's really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would I so Father's Day gifts suggestions, though, I would think here's here's what I think is kind of fun.
Speaker 2: Lately.
Speaker 3: I was New Orleans. I went to some antique stores. Yep, I was in Vegas. I went to this great antique store. Every time I'm walking through there, I'm like, oh, so and so would love that. So and so would love that. Or they have like these old school mechanical like nineteen thirties forties, like those old mechanical banks.
Speaker 1: Fun.
Speaker 2: Do you remember those?
Speaker 1: So fun?
Speaker 2: It was like a golf one.
Speaker 3: There's like a one with the do you put the penny there and it drops? It's just like, I don't know, things like that are pretty.
Speaker 1: Nostylegic, big for dads. So yeah, for sure, I walk around. I just found a wily coyote glass that I used to have growing up, and I bought it on the road. Were you right, Jake, Yeah, we were an antique store and I bought a wily coyote glass and a roadrunner mug that I used to have growing up. It was so cool, and I was like, stuff like that because we don't need anything at this point, you know, we we buy it, you know that kind of thing, as dads always do that they buy for themselves for the family. I think for the most parts are I think thoughtfulness even more than the mom gift. I think it goes into for a dad, because dads are notoriously I know between my mom and my dad. My dad was hard at a shop for mostly because it was dead and you didn't know really if you liked it or not. I would have to bear, I'd have to dig up and bury, had to bury the gift, and I'd just see if you liked and anyone to tell me if you liked it. Never said thank you that fuck. You didn't see that one going at all? Love it? Oh what are you get in your live father for Father's Day?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: Do you do that to?
Speaker 5: You?
Speaker 1: Exchange gifts with your dad? Because I got some people give up on it. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I get him some stuff every now. Yeah, I mean for sure. I mean birthdays, like I think last birthday, got them like McCartney tickets l McCartney. But yeah, yeah, I always make sure to send them something.
Speaker 1: No father this day.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know what my uh my son started getting into it, and I was like, oh, this'd be kind of fun. Baseball cards. There's different kinds of baseball cards or or whatever sport he likes. Like before When you were younger, it was just Tops.
Speaker 1: That was it.
Speaker 3: You just Tops or Fleer, and that was kind of it. Now they have all these specialty kind of like Alan and Ginter and these high end like types of things. Those are fun because my son's like, hey, will you open these with me? And we're going through it's like you got Aaron Judge. It's like it's fun. So I don't know even as to go to that nostalgia bent. I would I would say, what kind of sport does he like? Maybe find like some of those high end cards. Get him a box of those and watch them light up. My buddy Wyatt, who you met in Vegas, we went to lunch and he showed up and he gave me three packs of hockey cards and it was like, oh I got a Mario Lemieux on the very first card and it made my day.
Speaker 1: Was like this great. Yeah, that's fun.
Speaker 2: I think that that'd be kind of fun.
Speaker 1: I would say, take your dad to the movies. I feel like most dads like movies and dads like spend time with people. So you just go out for take and that's you know, go out for a movie, get some popcorn, hang out. I think that'd be fun. Eighty for Brady?
Speaker 2: Would you say eighty for Brady?
Speaker 1: Eighty for Brady?
Speaker 2: There you go go do that?
Speaker 1: Where are the father Day? Perfect? Father Day?
Speaker 2: Wear this when you go yeah, I can't believe this is the next hell.
Speaker 1: Double XL two X on this. Pitch yea on this, sassy broad All.
Speaker 2: Right, this is coming us from This is actually a good question. This is coming ups from Warren.
Speaker 3: Hey, cool moms. I love you guys podcast. I listened to it every episode. Want to hear your guys' thoughts on tipping. Is it tips something of workers entitled to or something that has earned Who do you tip?
Speaker 2: Service?
Speaker 3: Bartenders, baristas, movers, bell hops, all the above? Do you always tip the same percentage or does it depend? Great question, Great question, and I just dealt with this in in.
Speaker 2: New Orleans This is Fresh.
Speaker 3: Went to a bar, ordered around of drinks or another round of drinks, and then you get the thing back and it says, do you want to tip twenty twenty five or thirty percent or whatever? And like, no, that's what a server gets. A server gets twenty twenty five or thirty percent of a bill. A bartender, at least for me, after having worked in that profession.
Speaker 2: I'll give you maybe.
Speaker 3: Ten because you're literally just pouring a drinking given it to a server's there for the whole meal, hoof it red refills. You want to go box what I mean? You think at all the things you want to accommodate. You forget the dressing on the side. Here you go just I think a bartender, you want to if you're drinking there for a while, start heavy with the tipping, hit him up, top, hit him up top, set a precedent, and then slowly wean it back. But then maybe at the end of the night, double up if they're really good. But then I think barista's drivers, Yes, you got to tip the driver. I think like when you're getting picked up at the airport for a show or something, you always tip the driver. That's what Brian duol Murray always told me. Oys tip the driver.
Speaker 2: I'll hop grease some two or three bucks. I think.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: And then now, like when you go to get fast food or a barista or coffee, Yeah, there's time, Like, especially if I'm getting it to go, I don't.
Speaker 2: Leave a tip. It's like for what Yeah, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: The single is dead to me. Five dollars is where you're starting. For me, you got to start at a five dollar tip.
Speaker 2: But does somebody at like Jersey Mike's deserve a five dollars tip?
Speaker 1: Well, they're working harder, I would say than somebody at McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Well I think, isn't the tip option there at McDonald's too, don't I don't think so.
Speaker 1: No, no, But I would say Jersey, the tip jug has made its way to many a place now. It's basically everywhere. I will say many places. I always do it. And sometimes you want to make sure that I like to make sure they see I'm tipping. So like at the car wash, you know there's just that box, there's a box on the side. I'll be like, good job, guys, put it in like that loud, and I make sure my contact this is me tipping a tenor yeah, right in there, because it's going between everybody. You got six or seven guys working on the car.
Speaker 2: Boom, car wash, aps, what you got to go?
Speaker 1: I washed there and that's just a box out of nowhere, and you want to let people know you're doing it, so they go, they wash, they take care of the wheels.
Speaker 2: Yogurt food to go a coffee. Fuck that. I'm not into that at all. I don't like that.
Speaker 1: I'm I tip. I do tip a lot, and I will a lot meaning often, and I will say I do it just because I feel like, first of all, I always have cash in my pocket. I come from a world where it's always good to have cash in your pocket. A lot of people don't do that. A lot of people have cash in their pocket. So I'll peel off a five spot and drop it in. I love to make I love to make a scene about it for the jokes, Like every time we check it out, I tell Jigy, what do I do? I take out a twenty, I do a double, I go, this is for you. You take care of yourself in a big, like silly way, just to do it. But also I feel like the people at the front you're.
Speaker 3: Doing, you're also doing a kind gesture gesture but also self serving.
Speaker 1: I want to get upgraded to that corner suite. Could hit a button and it's the same thing, they'll do it for you. But it's also just because I know how people work hard, and I've always come from you know, I've come from a place of not having money. Now I'm lucky enough to have a little bit in my pocket. I like to share the wealth. But also it's it's for me, it's the entertainment. I'll always do this, I always do and Sally used to hate it. I'd be like, who broke him off? Do we break this guy off? We break him over? You need a piece? Do we break him off a piece? Like, I'll make a thing like the driver like we're getting out of the car, the farmer's getting out of the getting out of the van. Who broke him off a piece? Get a piece? We got a piece for him? And Salur is getting more beat red like I got no pieces, I got no pieces. This guy who's got a piece? Like, we'll do like that guy stuff. But I'll I don't really. If it's bad service, I will definitely dial it back. And if it's great surface, I will definitely go overboard. I'll I'll die. You have I've been with you where we've dialed it up. We made somebody's evening one night when we were together in Louisville. I know if remember we hit him too. We hit it two times. You did it on the card and on the way. I was like, this guy's so good I threw him. I exposed elbow because I'm an attacker. I'm gonna tack top right in the f bone. It's a bad spot for that. Guys. Jiggy double up. I've got this saying, But yes I do. I just tipped obnoxiously somewhere. Because here's the thing. We were there late. This was in New Orleans, New Orleans. This was in New Orleans.
Speaker 2: We were there the last table.
Speaker 1: We were the last table.
Speaker 3: If you're the last three tables, it's the end of the night. You gotta tip. You gotta tip more than thirty. Absolutely, we were there late.
Speaker 1: They gave us lots lots of food on the bronch. They were like, oh, this is for you, this is this is bubble law. And then that doesn't go in there. But the service still this still.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is another one.
Speaker 1: Dandink think. Let me get those shink think doing a five courser and here we are. They only get paid for a three courser. You're not going to do that. That's all the bill show. So if you do ten percent of that, twenty percent of that, it's not reflective of the work they've done. So I go in deep in a pock, dig that out I go on, tell me when to stop, tell me whant to stop. That's what I do. And that was, that was and that was worth every penny because it was a good really good food, really great team of people. That's the other thing too, when you get an influx of people helping you, I feel like you have to go harder if it's not just one waiter. Like sometimes you get this is me, this is Frank, will be taking care of you. The bus boys are coming over. It's a lot.
Speaker 2: Well, you're look, you're a national treasure, a national treasure.
Speaker 3: So you're dining experiences for the most part, are a little different. You're getting hooked up quite often, I think for the average person. Look, being a bartender is a rough job. Being a waiter is tough, and you're not just like though, the tip to the waiter is not just to the waiter, it's.
Speaker 1: To the bus boy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sometimes the kitchen staff they pull it with uh, the folks in the dish tank. So it's like that tip sometimes I would say fifty to sixty percent of the time is getting pulled out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so they don't keep it with that in mind. Yeah, I will say this too, though, you have your means everybody's got a job, everybody's working for money. You could tip what you can tip. You know, you don't have to go put yourself out to help. If you do a gesture and you do what you could do, there's no percentage. For me, It's like, okay, what what could you do? Is where it comes from, you know. So that's a big part of it too. But I tip. I I do like to tip everybody that that I come across with. I do. I tip more often than I don't.
Speaker 3: If you have the slightest uh like modicum of of like being a decent server, you'll get a good tip, yeah, from from either of us if you're if you go the extra yard. I think that's where it's just like absolutely yeah, because I know how hard that.
Speaker 1: Because then also people at the table will also okay, no, not not Rex, not t Rex. We should we should not not not too short arms. That's Jiggy's podcast, two short arms. He's trying to get in his wallet.
Speaker 3: When I heard when when Gary Coleman past he gave his arms to Jui, Oh god.
Speaker 1: I love it. I will say. The other thing too, is the time to tip is very important because.
Speaker 2: You just look at Jiggy the whole time we do this podcast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so the time tipping, there's this question from him. I think, yeah, well.
Speaker 1: No, he's like I got the answer. Very different podcasts. We went on for what what's the clock? At fifteen minutes ish? About tipping? He would have been like, nah, Ashley right, that's where he would have been. That would have been him on two short.
Speaker 3: Arms, even if he even if he was in a canoe, he wouldn't tip for sure.
Speaker 2: Nice, well done.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I'll give this one. He was a cow.
Speaker 5: Here's one that that I run into. Necessary necessary things you need. Perfect example is the hotel shuttle to the airport. That's always a tough one for me. Do you tip that guy or not?
Speaker 1: Or the rental car pickup guy if he gets off the rental car bus and he helps people.
Speaker 2: With their bags, I do you gotta give him a bucker TiO.
Speaker 1: I get him a bucker ti Yeah, what.
Speaker 2: If he doesn't touch the bags?
Speaker 5: I feel like that's the common thing you get in those shuttle buses' is just driving.
Speaker 1: I don't know that's his job.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, can I tell you what happened to me?
Speaker 1: Please? This is bananas, butsers this.
Speaker 2: Is B A N A N A N A. So I'm at A L A X.
Speaker 3: I get I I I I finished doing this. This this gig okay. And I'm running to the airport because LA actually never know. It's a crap shoot. So I rented a car, drop off the rental car, get on the Hurts rental shuttle, and I'm going to UH Southwest Terminal one. I get off, grab my bag, go through security, and I'm like, you know, I'm wearing this dress shirt all day. I want to put on my T shirt when I fly. Wrong bag, wrong bag, I grab the wrong shoe case.
Speaker 1: Wow, and I'm going.
Speaker 2: It's gone. And now I'm like, oh my god.
Speaker 3: I hope to God somebody else on the on the rental thing realizes this. B I got a call Hurts. See, I'm supposed to go to Vegas. I'm not going to Vegas now because because I'm not making my flight, because I got to get my bag back and get whoever's bag this is that I'm back to that individual. So I'm sitting there cold panic name on the tag or the no name on the tag, and I didn't want to open it either, and I'm just sitting there and I'm calling Hurts at LAX automated thing.
Speaker 2: I go, God damn.
Speaker 3: And while I'm making the phone call and I walk out of security, I remember LAX is shaped like you. Southwest is the first gate, United's the seventh. Now if I can just get out and run across, I can catch I can catch the HURTS thing.
Speaker 1: I get out, I run over it again.
Speaker 2: Run. It's like eighty degrees on the tarmac.
Speaker 1: I wish I had that day.
Speaker 2: Get over there. And as I get over there, our Hurts is pulling up. Mike.
Speaker 3: There could be six or seven of these, I don't know, and I go, I go, hold on, hold on, hold on. And as the guy's pulling up to the rental car thing where I happen to run right.
Speaker 2: To the spot. Thank god, it's right there.
Speaker 3: I see there's one bag left on the thing, and a guy grabs a bag and comes off. I go, oh my god, sir, I grabbed your bag. He goes, what I go, I grabbed your bag. I'm drenched in sweat. He goes, where did you come from? I go Southwest.
Speaker 2: I just ran over here.
Speaker 3: We switched bags and he's like, oh my God, it's this same exact bag.
Speaker 2: The chances of that astro believe it.
Speaker 3: So I told my wife, as you know, you gotta I like, I can tell somebody. So I told my wife worst case scenario turned into best case scenario. But it never happens if I'm not an absolute dipshit, right, it's all of my own making.
Speaker 1: I did it.
Speaker 3: I'm such an idiot. I should have looked and made sure. But it was literally the exact same bag.
Speaker 1: But you you made the mistake, then corrected the mistake. Thought I thought I had to do it, but you put yourself in that own situation. That wouldn't happen if you're just like, this is my bag. Yeah, but you're exactly. You probably had a couple of woo woos. No no, no, no no after the.
Speaker 6: Giggis was during the day, and I literally, okay, what else your honor?
Speaker 3: But then I literally ran to Southwest and did you make a flight to Vegas? Made barely made my flight drenched in sweat, by the way, that's amazing crazy, But again it's so it's all because I'm an actual did you tip the drive?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: So thank you Warren for that, uh great question. And bringing up a haunting memory for me. Okay saying it's coming to from Michael, mister motorcycle, I'm looking to regularly tune into this podcast.
Speaker 2: What can I expect?
Speaker 1: Need we say more? Look at this? You're welcome, bang Michael? What can we expect from you as a listener? Why is it on us? Yeah? How are you gonna? What are you going to contribute better than this to the conversation because so far I'm unimpressed.
Speaker 2: Thank you. And if you're on venmo, you could tip us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we should take tips. We should put a tip jar up for this episode. We'll do a tip jar up for this episode. What do you think I think people You think people will tip us? I don't think they will.
Speaker 2: Well, it's called Patreon these days, right, is that what, Liz? Yeah, you can do that basically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll put a tip jar up for this. How do we do that? Jiggy, you gotta figure it out, gig you'll produce it for this Buy me coffee.
Speaker 2: Coffee for one off?
Speaker 1: Amazing, buy me coffees, all right?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 5: Or you could yeah, you could change your venmo handle to something, you know, like two cool moms tips at two cool mom's tips.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll figure it out. It'll be in the comments, okay, or maybe we'll even put it on as the tag at the end of this once we figure it out. But yes, that's what we'll do. Okay.
Speaker 3: This is coming to us from team Hey Cool, Hey Cool, and the Mommy's Gang. Got I love it, Hey Cool, The Mommies Gang of course new No Joey Boy first from his boob tube antics already already love you both, and the two Cool Moms Pod Steve, your comedy special is classical late okay, Okay, the question either mommies have pre stand up show rituals? Do you have any pre show rituals? Or with mommy Steve being a sportsman, any pregame rituals getting ready to get a sport on unrelated question, but still curious, would Joey Dogs for Days allow Steve to make a.
Speaker 2: Documentary on him? So do you have any pre show rituals?
Speaker 1: What the fuck is going on?
Speaker 2: I have no idea. I think he's having a stroke pre show rituals.
Speaker 1: But also he wants you to make a documentary. Oh that's because the joke I always make that you watch documentaries all the time. Got it. Okay. So now do we have any pre show rituals? I feel like you disappear for a minute.
Speaker 3: I the only ritual I have is in a perfect world, if the show is at seven, right, and I go on at seven thirty five, I would show up at seven thirty four. That'd be my my perfect that that is my that would be my pre show ritual. I don't want to do anything other than just like enjoy my day. And then it's like all right, show up and walk in the door and it's like ladies and gentlemen, Steve.
Speaker 2: It's like, wow, it's perfect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's like best case scenario. But in terms of rituals, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't have any cup of coffee iron my shirt. Yeah, a cup of coffee, iron my shirt. I think that's my pre show ritual pretty much. That's what I do. I'll get a cup of coffee, yeah, and I'll iron my shirt and then I'll be like ready to go. I'll feel fresh and pressed, nice and caffeinated. Okay, just to get this right, press my coffee, drink my shirt.
Speaker 2: Got it in what order?
Speaker 1: First I drink the shirt and then I pressed the coffee. Got it French press coffee.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I I normally I've been doing this thing that like when we have a bus, I'm kind of like in my comfy pants of the latest moment I could be in.
Speaker 1: And there'll be a lot of times when Jiggy gets up there and he's doing his yuck yucks and laugh them ups and he has a big closer and I can hear him warmed himself up for it, and his voice changes a lot, and I hear that tone. I'm like, it's like a dog whistles like you gotta get dressed, bitch. Like I'm like, oh shit, and I'll realize what bit that's how he's going into And there has been times where I've been shaving as he's oh Jesus, as he's like getting into his things. He buttoned it up, cutting it close. But yeah, I've I've I did that. But I love a cup of coffee, iron my shirt and that's pretty much it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you listen to.
Speaker 3: Music, I'll listen to music, or like if I there's like a you know, some new monologue jokes whatever, but don't forget to do this that one.
Speaker 2: So if I like ever, like when I'm backstage, with you guys.
Speaker 3: I'll just pace for a minute or two, and I'm like, Okay, don't forget to do this one, and that joke goes here yep, and the wording is da da da da.
Speaker 1: But then it all goes out the window when you walk out there and you start your crowd work and you find somebody, right, it all goes great.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: And then the great thing about your show is that is that there's so many like, you know, kids, teenagers sometimes twelve or thirteen, and so I think what the audience responds to, at least from my perspective, as I'm coming out a little like you know, like almost like a sucker punch yep, that goes other fuckers. And then and then all of a sudden, you're setting that precedent, and then you're feeling like you're being rained in by a kid, which you are because you still want to be respectful to that kid and their and their parents or whatever. And then that odd dichotomy of like circumstances, what is what creates the tension in the room.
Speaker 2: So that becomes a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Do you listen to Jiggy when he goes on all right? No, no, no, when I because you don't want to put yourself in a bad mood before you get to take.
Speaker 2: This tired, exhaust so tired.
Speaker 1: You want to put yourself for it. You want to put yourself in the in the mindset of the audience of like, oh my god, I just want this to end. Well.
Speaker 3: The good news is that when when people come, people come to your show and and they love when Jiggy's on the show opening for you, especially because they get it too. For one, they get a comedy show and an escape room. No, I do listen to Jiggy and I think, what what And we always respond to this because we the minute he comes off, like I can I can know when I listened to the crowd, I'm like, oh, they're fucking great, right right, And he'll come over and he'll just kind of like as we shake or whatever, Jiggy will like smile a little more, and I'm like, okay, you.
Speaker 2: Have to work, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: But we have that like your thing where like as soon as he's coming off, you just know, and then I'll come off and we both immediately say the same thing. Whether it's like oh that was a little work, we both always I would say one hundred percent of the time. We both always sit on the same page until Joey Bang Bangs goes.
Speaker 2: But when I come up, it's tippy tippy pause, tip pause.
Speaker 3: Okay, it's coming us from m J.
Speaker 1: MJ.
Speaker 2: Hi.
Speaker 3: Your Mommy's love you both so much. You make me laugh every week and I always look forward to the podcast. Amusement parks throw rides Hell, yeah or no way. I love them, but my kids are leery. We live in Pittsburgh by Kennywood Love. Oh it's mo so mosas love. But uh but yeah, that that's when you go to amusement park with kids. That's a tough yeah, because you you wonder how how far do you push it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna have fun, just relax. Has to make them get on it. You have to make them get on to see if they hate it or love it. Yeah, any kid would probably be afraid of it. Like my daughter though take so it loves it. My son hates it, but when we get him on stuff will eventually. Like he wanted to go in the first wheel but it was too high, and we went on it. He absolutely loved it and it was Yeah, but we had to talk him into going on it. But then there's another ride. We put him on him and you're going to see therapy in a couple of years because he was again. I talked about on stage about how the Star Wars right has ruined him for life, like it's crazy.
Speaker 2: One of the best lines.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's it's nutty to do that. I find that's the hardest part. One of the hardest parts of parenting is knowing that line of like pushing and coddling.
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, my son is the same, it's the same dynamic. My daughter's gung ho. My son's a lot more apprehensive about things. But once he does it, and so that becomes the precedent of like, well, remember this and you did it and you were really nervous, but you had fun. Right, So what I do now is I just don't push it. I'm like, all right, you either want to do.
Speaker 2: It or you don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't care, because eventually he's going to be ten or eleven and he'll want to do it.
Speaker 1: So it's fine. My daughter is an absolute daredel will never really worried about her. I did have one experience with her though, that was really traumatic for me, as well, we did a you know those ropes courses where you click in, Yeah, right, you do that. So there was this outdoor one somewhere out on Long Island. We were somewhere and she really wanted to do it, and I said, okay, let's do it. So we went and it was one of those things where first of all, was being run by a guy who really didn't care about anything, and my daughter was clearly too small for it. She's not age, why, she's fine, but she's smaller. And there's parts where you had to like grab a top thing and walk right and you're dangling from a thing. So now I'm up there and I'm not the most because Bessie won't go right. She doesn't do that kind of thing. She's holding Remo and watching and cheering from the ground. So we're going up and well let's do it. Fine, so we're going doing it, and we got two parts and I was like, I'm having problems doing this. The problem was like she's in front of me because the way you click in.
Speaker 2: You can't move to go first, So first of all I.
Speaker 1: Should have been for and the guy I didn't even realize it, and he clicks her in so she has to go, and she's scared to death of this part because she can't. It's the highest part of it. There's only one route to go, and you have to go up this rope thing and you have to hold the top rope, and she can't reach the top rope. So I'm like all right. She's like what do I do? And I'm like all right. I said, well, you're good at balancing. Just balance hold your thing that's dangling, and just balance as best you can. And she was screaming, crying, and I couldn't do anything.
Speaker 2: To help her.
Speaker 1: And you're stuck, and I'm stuck and behind her, behind you, and.
Speaker 2: My god, those people don't get some people.
Speaker 1: You fucking shut up, Like, my daughter is scared death. I've ship I dare you to say, go, I'll throw you off this thing. So my daughter like, I'm really And we were at the top and there's only one route up and then you have to go back down. So she was screaming crying, and I was like, oh my god. I was like I felt so helpless. And when we were off sh she just wanted to be held. And I was like, I am the worst parent in the world, even though I know I'm not. I was just felt so bad and that was the only time I saw my daughter get bested by something and it was very humbling I think for her too, And since then I've seen her she's still brave as ship. But take a pause, like can I do this all right? You know, at like kind of deal. So it was definitely you could see that moment where it's like bravado versus like weighing the circumstance, Yeah, versus reality.
Speaker 3: Remember we went cave exploring my kids.
Speaker 2: Is that but not down? The not down?
Speaker 1: The rope is spurlunk no no splunking, as you're going into a dark, cavernous void and you don't know what's on the inside.
Speaker 2: That's what people call jiggy show it.
Speaker 1: With t W. That's also his wallet no tips allowed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but but my kids were in front of me, and there's parts where you got to like, you get really clustrophobic, and that's like one of my biggest fears. But my thank god my kids were in front of me. I had the opposite. My kids were in front of me.
Speaker 2: They were if I was the first one, but you can't turn around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would have been nervous. Then they would have been nervous. You have a ripple effect, right, and then my son probably would have been scared. But he was like this is awesome, and he's just zipping through it. I'm like, oh, thank god, I see like these little feet in front of him, and I could just like, but I mean, have you ever done I know you did for the for the movie, but to actually like fall through that stuff, well.
Speaker 1: That was cool the cave because it was freaky as ship because I had to hide, so I had to They they're like, no, you just got through the here right, complete dark and I'm in full makeup and they're like, they're like, the guy goes to me, the guy goes to me, and the so in the movie, I played a cave, especially how you look to it. I have two great stories about this, just two great stories about this.
Speaker 6: I just gotta sit here by myself in the dark.
Speaker 2: I mean, that is so crazy.
Speaker 1: Waiting for the crowd to come. And they're calling off groups that aren't good groups like this in a good group, don't do it. Wait wait, wait, and I'm sitting there waiting there. So I'm sitting there, crouch crouched a tiger hidden fatto like this right, So turn the turner there I am.
Speaker 8: Look, so they turned, they turn in the corners, just sitting there in the dark.
Speaker 1: But wait, let me tell you. So here's the whole thing with with it. There's a there's a path that they go on. This isn't a spelunking. This is a cave tour. Okay, just on the bef that is so good. The graphic t we spoke of it. So the thing is that the cave we did it, and it wasn't a spelunking cave. It was a cave tour. It's a paved thing. What I did was plunking because I had to hide in it. So the guy goes, Okay, to get to where you have to go, you have to make the way the tour went. You came down the elevator and you made it right and you went around and this is the first stop. Us where I'm at. Forget to that first stop. They're like, you can't go over the thing. You have to go around the back. So I had to make a left, go over the over the ropes in where you're not allowed to go into the ravine, go down through the ravine. Through a little thing again. No, no, I'm going I had my phone like this to go there. They didn't think of it doing and I went, right, it sounds scary. It was a little scary. Yeah, it's little scary, and I'm not very athletic, so I'm not gonna phone down here. But it was fine, right whatever. So I get there, but they was They didn't They had a change in the guard of the people that worked there, and they didn't know I was in makeup. They didn't know I was supposed to be off to being passed.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 1: So there's this guy sees me coming in and he goes hey, hey, hey, and I turned I looking at him, and he goes hey. He goes hey, hey, hey hey, and I go no, no, no, wa're filming here. And he calls it and he's like, there's a guy. There's a guy here. I go tell him, go to him, Tell him on the beef, Tell tell on the beef. So the guys are and they're like, no, no, no, Phil, they're filming because oh nobody told me. What a moment for that guy to see a gray human being. Yeah, not allowed to be that. Oh my god, Yes, that's what my spelunking experience. Jesus, thanks for listening to two cool moms. Is that enough? What time we had? Yeah, we're great. Well we did it. Steven too cool mom? Did you could change? Buddy? What a great app?
Speaker 2: We really did it.
Speaker 1: We did it.
Speaker 2: I do feel like a cool mom.
Speaker 1: You are cool mom.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Buddy.
Speaker 1: I love you, pal love enjoy your shirt.
Speaker 2: These mommies love you, so show us some love.
Speaker 1: Please rate us and review us, follow us on all social media, and subscribe to our YouTube