Speaker 1: Mother Knows Dad starring Nicole and Jemmy and Maria qk Hi. Everyone, Welcome to Mother Knows Death. On today's episode, we are going to talk about some devastating news Maria got this weekend of a drummer from The Devilwaar's Prada, one of her old time favorite bands, died in a plane crash. We're also going to get into some real life final destination stories. A viral video of a dump truck driving full speed through a residential neighborhood after the driver suffered a medical emergency, a dead woman who was missing her heart, a mom who went against medical advice and is now facing charges. Weird infections you could pick up on vacation, multiple cases of sperm donation leading to cancer, and a mom who has started to go fundme so she can cryogenically preserve her dead son. All that and more on today's episode, Why don't we get started with the sad, sad news you received this weekend?
Speaker 2: Well, to quote my husband, it's not a good year for drummers. Re reloved growing up because we had the guy from my chemical romance that died in that horrific how did he die again?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Anyway?
Speaker 1: It was tragic with his pets eating him. And now, oh, I don't remember exactly how he died, but yeah, his pets ate him after he died. Yeah, and now we have my favorite band after my chemical romance when I transitioned to my metal phase was the devilwaar Shprada. And now that drummer has died in a plane crash over the weekend. Who names these bands? This is so corny like their metal, like my definition of metal, and maybe your generation's definition of metal is a little bit different. I think this is just corny.
Speaker 2: Tically, they fall they fall under this really niche category called crab core.
Speaker 1: But I'm not a part of it.
Speaker 2: I'm not possibly explaining this to you. It's way too evolved. But this is what happened. So Daniel Williams, he was the drummer from the Doubles product. Oh my god, you actually took me to I feel like a guitar center in like King of Prussia to meet him when I was I think fourteen.
Speaker 1: I possibly have a thought it out. I possibly have a photo of him.
Speaker 2: And I lay around somewhere, So I'm gonna look for that after and put it in our broadcast channel if I could find.
Speaker 1: It on Instagram. But Daniel Williams and a music agent, Dave Shapiro, they were flying in a private plane with some others when it crashed, killing all six on board. It seems like the flight was overnight, coming from the East Coast going to the West coast, and according to New York Post, they were attempting to land the plane at San Diego's Montgomery Gibbs Executive Airport, but the airport ended up having this power surge which knocks knocked out the weather alert system and the runway lights. So as they're preparing.
Speaker 2: To land, I think there was really dense fog and they weren't able to see as well, and with the lights not being there, they weren't able to really get a good feel for where the plane was landing, and they got caught up in a power line and crashed into a neighborhood.
Speaker 1: Oh god, So well, at least no one got hurt because on the ground at least, yeah, because I well, yeah, I mean on the ground, because that's that's the worst. When it's like some people that are completely uninvolved. And that's kind of Ever since that one happened so close to us in Philly a few months back. I feel like that's like a new fear of mine I have, is just things falling out of the sky like that. Right, Oh yeah, totally. It's so scary, and you see all the cars on the street that are just burned up, and I mean luckily just people weren't outside. And we have other stories like that this week, two of just people, just good situations where people aren't hurt when they really could really really be devastating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it sucks because you you know, I feel like this always tends to happen with these smaller planes. I mean, we talked about what happened with JFK Junior and everything in the weather. Visibility is definitely a problem, but you know, it seemed like the flight went pretty good overall. And then just because of this freak power surgeon, a combination of a couple of things, this just freak accident occurred and it's just sad for all of their families and everyone involved.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is all right.
Speaker 2: So let's get into this Australian actress. Her name's Claire McMahon. So she was on the show called Blog Party and Club Life. But she's trying to raise about two hundred thousand dollars to cryogenically preserve her thirteen year old son after he died by suicide on Friday. Yeah, this is a really sad story, and you could imagine that any mother would just be desperate to get her child back in any way possible, and this is what she's determined is going to do that for her. So cryogenics is a thing that they take your dead body and within a week after death, they freeze your body in the hopes that maybe at some point in the future they'll be able to reanimate your body when there's new technology available. We talked about this a lot in the gross room because who is the most famous person you always hear about being cryogenically frozen? Walt Disney, Yes, Walt Disney.
Speaker 1: So we did Walt Disney's Celebrity death dis section years ago and just kind of did a whole section on that, and I looked into it a little bit. And so there is a whole entire movement of this, obviously, and it's called cryonics dot org. You could become a member for over one thousand dollars and then they will cryogenically preserve your body for thirty thousand dollars and it has to stay in storage for however long if and when they ever come up with the technology to reanimate the body, right, which I'm not sure. I don't want to say I don't see that happening, because anything's possible, right, But there's less than two hundred people who are currently signed up to do this, and it's not true with Disney. I think his daughter has said, no, he's not beneath the Pirates of Caribbean ride. The other thing. When I was a kid, it was like, oh, his head's frozen in Cinderella's castle. So it's like it's really it's really uh changed a lot. But I mean, his daughter says it's not true or whatever. But now getting back to this, this mom obviously her kid was only thirteen years old and he killed himself because he was getting bullied really bad at school apparently, And she says that she has so many documentations of it. She has medical reports, psychologists reports, formal PTSD diagnosis emails, all that she was raising the alarm at the school and nothing was done, and she feels, like any parent would, it's probably the worst thing that could happen, like I say this all the time, losing a child like that and in this way, feeling that there might have been something that could have been done to prevent it. I understand why she just is going to this extreme of wanting to do this.
Speaker 2: No, I definitely do too. I mean, I think also because she's saying there's a time limit on this. His body has to be frozen within a certain time period a couple of days after death too. And I think, when you go through something so traumatic like that, if this is really what he wanted, she said they had discussed it when he was a pretty little kid, and he like I think she said, about six or seven years ago, we started talking about afterlife in heaven and I talked to him about cryogenics and he told me he would like that, which that's a really interesting conversation have with a six or seven year old. But I think if she had that in her mind and just having the tragic event occur, obviously she wants to try to honor his wishes in some type of way.
Speaker 1: So I understand. Yeah, I mean, I personally wouldn't do something like that, just because I don't. I think it's kind of quackery at this point, and so I just feel like I'm a very strong person that's like you're here for your time and when you're done, you're done. Like that's it. We shouldn't get into that. But I'm sure I don't know if I'll see that, if we'll see that in our lifetime, but that will definitely be in the future of medicine for sure. Let's talk about So. I saw this post on x and Instagram, all these posts showing this story, and I had to look it up because it almost sounds like one of these fake stories that people makes up and it's actually true.
Speaker 2: Well, I thought it was fake at first too, because, like you, I saw it on social media first, and it didn't come out in the news for a couple of days, like it was a while, so I assumed it was something made up. But in Argentina, forty people were in this movie theater watching the newest Final Destination movie and suddenly the ceiling collapsed on all of them, like something straight out of the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it just you can't. You couldn't even write this or make this up. That's why I kept seeing these memes and stuff that was like, oh, theater collapse when people were viewing Final Destination movie. It's just it's just so crazy that that would happen. They think that it happened because of heavy rainfall, but I mean, the people are watching this movie and it's very loud and animated, and at first they thought that the noise was coming from part of the movie. They thought it was part of the show, and then they started feeling debris falling on them. One of the people seemed to get pretty hurt. But it doesn't seem like anybody died from it, because that could definitely cause some severe blunt trauma and kill people depending on how heavy the debris is, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I was thinking, like, they're really messed up. Part of this angle is I wonder if the film production was like, this is advertisement you can't possibly pay for, because any thrill seeker is now like, well the potential of this, maybe they're gonna look for something like this to happen.
Speaker 1: But maybe they were responsible. They like some helicopter go by and drop like a shit ton of water on the roof or something, just to get the publicity.
Speaker 2: It seems like some general building maintenance issues, but it is I'm always a conspiracy theorist. Yeah, I just I was sitting there wondering, like the studios either freaking out or thinking like this is the best.
Speaker 1: They think this is awes they think this is awesome. Yeah, all right, so this is another final destination type of story. Again, you just like when we tell you the story, you just can't even believe that that something like this would happen, And like, what is this is when you start talking about religion and stuff and you're just like, how like, how do you find any kind of piece when something like this happens. No, this woman was driving home at two o'clock in the morning. She ended up veering off the road and flipping her car into a culvert and ended up dying. So then the fiance gets a call that she's been in this veale crash, and he of course starts rushing to this scene and he then lose his control of his car and then dies. So two separate accidents. Yeah, and they're engaged, should be married in February. And on top of that, they have a four year old, so both of the parents of this kid are dead. And it's just like you hear of this from time to time. I do think we had a similar story to this, right with it with an elderly husband and wife a couple of months. Yeah, there was like a fishing accident. Yeah that they both ended up dying in the same day. But I mean to think about how I know that people die frequently in motor vehicle accidents, but at the same time, it's not frequent compared to how many times people get in a car and drive every day. And just to think that these two people that are engaged to each other, it happened to them on the same day and you could see I mean, I guess you could see it with the guy because obviously he was got a call, woke up out of his dead sleep, and is driving in a panic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you're in distress. I totally understand why, like part two of this happened, because you're it's like you're saying, middle of the night, you're in distress. You probably shouldn't be driving when you just found out that your fiance has been killed. I mean, but what are you gonna do if you're trying to rush and nobody else is around to help you.
Speaker 1: So one part of this story, though, that I would like to mention is both of these people were not wearing seat belts, yeah, which is critical, it is. And my first thought is like, like, how could you even get away with that? Because that noise would drive me freaking crazy. I mean, mine doesn't even turn off after a time. It's it's so annoying. And unless you pull a pop up and you buckle it and then sit on top of it, yeah, my dad does that. Actually, I'm telling you this right now. This is a true story. He buckles the seatbelt of his car and then sits on top of it. Like what a crazy person. It has to be so uncomfortable. The only thing I could think with like old people is that they didn't have seat belts and cars for a long time when they were driving, and maybe they just got used to it and the feeling of it is so annoying. But for us, it's like it's always been a thing. So maybe that's why it doesn't bother us because it's just always a thing. I don't know, but so I look back and she was driving a twenty thirteen Toyota Highlander and he was also driving a twenty and sixteen Chevy Camaro. So maybe because they're a little bit older car, they're not that old, but maybe maybe they the alarm wasn't as annoying or whatever, or maybe they buckled it and sat on top of it. I don't know. But according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, they believe that ninety one point two percent of the population wear seat belts, which is a pretty good compliance if that's true, and they think that it saved fifteen thousand lives a year wearing seat belts, And it's possible even some accidents are just so bad, like you're not surviving it no matter what. But especially I believe the guy who was driving, he was ejected, and when you're injected, like forget it, that's just lessening your tail. It's a survival ever, right, so if he was wearing a seatbelt, he could have possibly survived. There's other times too, like I don't want to just be this seat belt pro seatbelt person, because there's definitely times that seat belts injure people. They could cause internal injuries, hemorrhage. And remember we were talking, we were doing that interview about people that were driving over the road and going into the water with their car, and this happened. It happens sometimes that people drive over a bridge or something and they go into the water in their car and they're stuck because of their seat belt, and they sell tools that are seatbelt cutters that could cut the seatbelt that they recommend that you keep in your car in case there's a time that you have to take off your seat belt because you think, oh, I'll just reach over and hit the button. But the problem is is when your car is dented up, bent and you're you're in a situation where maybe the center or console is like pushing in on it and you're not able to access the release button, there's really no way to get it off. And if you're underwater, especially like that would kill you, and not wearing a seat belt in that situation might help you. But for the most part, I think that most people would say that seatbelts are better than not wearing them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I really encourage everybody to check out this external exam we did with Doug Bishop, because he really goes over everything that could possibly go wrong if a car enters water and really great tips on how to get out if you're in that situation, because obviously, I think when it happens to most people, it's very sudden and then they're in panic mode and they're in shock and they don't know what to do. But that episode was incredibly helpful. He also sells that.
Speaker 1: Toll hell yeah, which is which we immediately after he scared us enough to make us want to have that thing in our car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely. Remember when we were on that trip in Florida, pop Up wasn't buckling the seatbelt, but he's like kind of borderline deaf, so the beep kept going off and he just kept being like, what's that noise? And then Mama finally freaked out, was like, fuckle your fucking seatbelt.
Speaker 1: I I don't care. I always yell at him because I don't want to be in a car with somebody that's not wearing a seatbelt because I know they become a projectile within the car and they're gonna hurt me if there's an accident. So I'm just like, very I don't want too many kids or anything in my car that aren't in a belt, like, and I don't want him. I'm like, I always mess with them all. I'm like, I don't want your biggest body like bouncing around inside his car and like you're gonna kill me if you hit me in an accident. That trip was the first time I ever heard her curse in front of me. I was, but now it happens all the time. It's just like, well now.
Speaker 2: Because we just make fun of everybody all the time, it just slips so to the while.
Speaker 1: All right, So this this next case is another is another crazy case near us there was this dump truck driving right. It was just normal guy driving some cement around or something, and like a seventy three thousand pound dump truck and all of a sudden he had a seizure and started driving anywhere from forty to fifty miles an hour through a neighborhood, like cutting across lawns, hitting telephone poles, and ended up plowing into a house so hard that part of the house collapse. Part of the truck was in the basement. And it was so scary because the company had released the dashboard cam of it happening and it is so scary looking and you're like, thank god this happened at one point thirty in the afternoon, during the time where most kids are at school, because it just drove through front lawns like it just could have been really really bad.
Speaker 2: No It's good in the sense of nobody was like outside, but the homeowner was in the house when it happened. I know both people were able to get out safe.
Speaker 1: I can't believe that. Well, it's because of all those amazing fire departments that responded. It's scary though, because I guess the guy the guy's neighbor heard him screaming in the house and they knew that the gas line was broke because they could smell the gas. Like that's so scary. Oh, and he was trying to get him out. And so it ended up that the driver had what's called a ton of klons medical seizure, which is what you think of when you think of a person having a seizure, and it's in two phases, Like first the person is going to start having like they might make a noise or yell or something, and then their muscles suddenly get stiff and cause them to fall down and lose consciousness, which is terrible to happen if you're driving right. And then that lasts for a couple seconds, and then all of a sudden there starts having the seizure. What you think of a seizure is like rhythmic contractions, their arms and legs are jerking, and this was all happening when this guy was driving. Now, this type of seizure can be seen with people who have a history of epilepsy, which is why there's roles in most states for people who have epilepsy, Like you have to show that it's under control, and sometimes they don't let you get your license back for six months to a year after you have a seizure like this, Wow, for obvious reasons, because if this happens, you don't know what's gonna happen. It happens, and then you lose control of the car, and and that's scary because when you're looking at the video, it's either like that or it was like a terrorist attack, you know what I mean, Like it's it because it looks so you wouldn't think that someone was accidentally driving that fast through a neighborhood like that on people's front lawns and stuff. So luckily, I mean, the guys got injured at the house, but he seems like he's going to be okay, and the driver seems like he's going to be okay, and just like this is another one of those situations where you're just like, thank god nobody got killed, because it could have been so much worse. Didn't somebody drive through a Target near us in a similar situation They had like a medical episode and drove right into like the Starbucks in the front. Yeah, that happened like a year or two ago, I think. But yeah, you're just like, oh, I mean, think about every time you go to Target, there's always lots of people there. There's people that are just walking out front from the parking lot with their kids, and this person just drove right into our target, like into the entrance where you go in. And again, I feel like it was really early in the morning that there wasn't that many people there yet, But like what if something like that happens on a Saturday or something when it's packed. It's just there's so many freak accidents like this that happened that you really think, like, wow, that's amazing that nothing worse came of it. Well.
Speaker 2: Also, like obviously in the dump truck case, the person was inside of their house and they couldn't have really done anything to escape the situation. But in parking lots in particular, I've just noticed that so many people are so zoned out on their phone, not paying attention with cars or backing up or driving, and it like eyes open. You know, it's like talking to a little kid when they're just learning how to walk by themselves in the parking lot. For the first time we're crossing the street, you're like, look both ways before we're crossing. I think we've totally lost that in society.
Speaker 1: I know. It's it's it is really frightening how checked out people are. It's that the traffic lights is all the time. You're just like, oh my god. But that's why they put those big but like target balls and like barrier you know, those big cements. It didn't work in this game. It's it. Well, that's that's another thing too, Like that our target had all that stuff out front and it didn't do anything. It might do something if you're going five miles an hour, but if you're pounding forty miles an hour down straight ahead, like it's not doing anything. Yeah, exactly. You know, speaking of that too, there was there was another situation that happened in the UK this weekend. Did you see that that a car drove through a crowd of people of the soccer parade? Yeah, and and that, like, I don't know what's up with that. I'm waiting to hear more because as of right now, they're like it's not a terrorist attack. But you're looking at it and you're just like, this guy is like intentionally driving through people when there was like a clear path to not hit people. I'm just like, I just don't. I don't believe anything anymore, honestly.
Speaker 2: But are they trying to act like it's like the incident with the Eagles parade where some girl just was trying to go around because they all those people were blocking Broad Street.
Speaker 1: I don't, I don't know. I think there's I don't know how the car ended up back there, but people were like antagonizing the guy and he was trying to get away apparently, and they thought that he panicked because he was scared for his life and just drove off. But when you look at some of the video, and I don't know, maybe if you're in that situation that you're running from your life, you're not thinking about anything. But there's like clear areas that he could go where there's like not as many people, and it's just going right into the crowd of people. It doesn't seem like anyone has died from that yet, but just like I don't know, just like cars hitting people and these types of things are really scary, you know. Yeah, this episode is brought to you by the Grosser Room. So this week's celebrity death dissection was on me, but it's called death. It's called Nicole a Jemmy celebrity, not death to section. But I am talking about my whole entire cancer diagnosis and what it looked like before, the innocent little tumor that it looked like before, and everything that went down since. And it's been actually it's been exactly what's today, Oh, it's it's h the day after Memorial Day. So yesterday was exactly two weeks since my surgery. So still have a long road to go with this scar healing, but hopefully it will look better. If not, I will definitely be calling doctor Dimitri to get some help with that. But also, yeah, we talk about a viral video that's been going around a guy that's called the Human Grasshopper, and we're all talking about different things that it might be just because it's so bizarre and obviously people think that it might be AI even but I don't think so. I think that it's real and we're trying to figure out what it is. So that's fun just because there's other medical professionals in there as well, and or just anybody think has theories and it's pretty cool. So check out the grocerroom. Yeah, head over to the grossroom dot com to sign it. Let's talk about this dead lady that's missing her heart. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So this couple was heading to Turkey on vacation and while on the flight, the wife said she started suddenly feeling really ill and thought it had been food poisoning, but then over the next day her symptoms kept getting worse and she suddenly died.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So once she landed, they said that she grew delirious and then she was hospitalized the next day and died. And initially the Turkish officials thought that the husband was responsible for this and they were suspecting him of poisoning her, but then they didn't really go into how she died or anything, and he was able to get her body flown back to the UK from Turkey. I don't know. They didn't mention in this article if she was embalmed, then I don't know what the rules are there as far as sending a body from Turkey to the UK, but the British. So she gets back to the UK and the British corner does it is examining her body to try to figure out what happened, and they tell the husband her heart is missing. So that's a little unusual. So they contacted the Turkey Ministry of Health and they said that they determined her cause of death was from cardiac arrest due to multiple organ failure, which is like okay, but like what caused that? Nothing? And they also said quote she did not undergo any surgical procedures during a preliminary autopsy, Like that doesn't even make any sense to me. So were they trying to say they didn't cut into her body, possibly because I would. I just wouldn't call something an autopsy. I would say it was like an external exam. I wouldn't refer to something as an autopsy unless somebody was actually cut into And if they're saying she didn't undergo any surgical procedures, like it is possible she didn't undergo surgery at the hospital prior to dying, but someone removed her heart. Now the first thing, as the corner, if I was doing the autopsy. What I would want to look at is I would just want to look at the way that the incision was done. Does it look like it was she was it was done before she died or after she died. You'll be able to tell that was it done with a scalpa blade? Like what's going on there? How was it removed? Because it's not like I could just make an incision, you know, right now on somebody's abdomen and pull out their spleen pretty easily with like a single incision and just stick my as long as it's wide enough for my hand to fit through, right. But the heart is a little bit more difficult to get to because it's underneath of the rib cage. You can get to it that way, I suppose, but you'd have to really like stick your whole arm up in there and get it out, and it wouldn't come out that clean, honestly, because I've had to do it like that a couple times without cracking the chest. But usually when we take out the heart, we removed the entire front of the rib cage. So I'm assuming that there's more extensive things than just her heart's missing and everything else is there in place like it, and that would require a pretty big incision to do that, and it would be a lot different looking than a surgical incision to access the heart. So I guess what are the options here.
Speaker 2: It's like option A was they did the autopsy and they took it out but didn't report it, or B somebody did it and took it out and stole it.
Speaker 1: Like I'm just confused. Well, it we could say for sure that it's missing, so it's somewhere. That's something we say for sure. So number one, I would say she had it. So sometimes when we do an autopsy, we keep some of the organs in jars because we want to be able to go back to it if we need to look at it again. Because once you take out someone's organs and then you send their body back to the funeral home, then you don't have access to their body or their organs anymore. And sometimes when you look at the microscope side, you won't get them back for a few days after the autopsy. You might see something and you're like, oh, no, I want to look at more of the heart because this looks a little suspicious, and I might be able to look at more of the organ to figure out exactly what happened. But if you don't have that tissue with you at the MORG, then you're kind of beat. So sometimes usually you don't keep a whole organ. Most of the time you have what's called a stock jar, and it's a jar that's just labeled with the patient's name, and it just has a piece of the liver, a piece of the lung, a piece of the heart. But there's times where you would keep the whole heart too, if it was some kind of anatomic weird thing or just there's all different reasons and people do all different kinds of things, So that's a possibility. The other possibility is like, I don't know what goes on in Turkey, Like I don't I don't even I don't know how medicine is practiced there or anything. But it's possible that they harvested her heart for some kind of transplant or something like that. I don't know what the permissions are that they need. I don't know about any of that, like a like a transplant organ. So there are the two things that I could think of would happen. But I mean, you can't argue with the corner in the UK. That's saying it's not there. So something happened. Now we let's talk about how she died anyway, because she's twenty eight, So you're just like, okay, she's young, and she shouldn't have died at twenty eight years old. But she did say that she thought she had food poisoning. So anytime you think you have food poisoning, why do you say that, because you're like either throwing up or shitting your brains out right, That's okay. So she clearly had some kind of infection or thought she had some kind of infection if she was having GI symptoms like that. And then the fact that they said the next day that she was getting like she was fatigue and she was what was the exact word they used, delirious. Yeah, that to me is like this person had a really bad fever. That's kind of a thing that you would see in that situation, right, So she could have just really been sick. Went to the hospital. Now, her husband saying that she's allergic to penicillin, and that sometimes is the first drug that they would give people in certain infections. So I don't know if they knew that they could have given her that it depends. You could have an allergy to penicillin where you get hives all the way till you get enophylactic shock and it could kill you. So like that could be a possibility. But they're saying that she had her she had cardiac arrest because she had multi system organ failure, and that's definitely something you could see with something like sepsis from a bacterial infection. So this is all possible that there's nothing really like nefarious going on here, but it is. It's weird, and this is one of the always the concerns you have when you travel to another country because they don't do things the way that you're used to, and then you start to get sus because of the way things are handled.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, especially if they're not like owning up to the paper trail of what happened in her heart, Like was it something non nefarious, like they took it out to do a transplant because that's normal over there, or like did somebody take it out on the sneak tip to try to like sell it or anything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like you just don't know, you just don't know anything. Or is it just simply sitting in the lab because because that's what you do.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm not exactly sure like what that's about, but I mean I feel bad for the guy because it's already bad enough that you have to experience that on vacation with with your young wife dying like that tragically and then have to deal with that is you know, because you're like, well, what did they do to her body? That did that?
Speaker 2: I didn't agree to kind of you know, yeah, absolutely all right. So in Pennsylvania, this woman's eleven year old son fell off an ATV and was diagnosed with a brain bleed, but despite medical advice, she took the boy out of the hospital, removed his ivy and his neck brace, then dropped him off at school.
Speaker 1: So he was diagnosed with something called a retroclibal hematoma, which is a rare kind of brain bleed actually that happens in kids most commonly associated with motor vehicle accidents, especially when there's like a whiplash situation, like it's severe cervical flexion and extension injury, so your head's going forward really fast and back really fast in a short period of time, and the it causes this bleed that he had. Okay, so he's eleven years old. He goes to the hospital and so I'm not really sure exactly how this went down, but it seems like the doctors were like, we want to airlift him to Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh, and she said, no, I would rather drive him. Now, to me, that's it's suspicions suspicious right away, because I think any parent that has a kid that like needs some kind of care that they're saying, I mean, when they say they want to airlift your child somewhere, that's really bad, something really bad's happening right that you would decline that. I mean, the only situation I'm just trying to look at the other side of things, Like, the only situation I could say that she might refuse it is because she that could probably cost so much money and maybe she didn't have insurance or and she was like, no, I'll just drive home. I personally, this is my question, Like, I don't even understand how the hospital's legally allowed to let a kid leave in that situation. It's just a child, like an adult. Whatever you leave against medical advice, you should not be able to sign a child out against medical advice. And I'm actually curious about this because I just don't believe that this is that that is even possible. And I'm curious if the people working there might get in some kind of trouble for this too or something. I don't know, but anyway, Yeah, so they had an ib in him, a neck brace on him, and they were like, do not take this off until you get to the hospital and whatever. She just she really, like in the parking lot, like took it all off and sent him to school the next day. So the kids in school he has a traumatic brain injury, and he obviously has a headache and is vomiting and stuff like that, and the nurse realizes what's going on, and then he was airlifted to the children's hospital right from school.
Speaker 2: It's just so ridiculous. So she's facing charges of endangering the welfare of a child and reckless endangering of another person. I mean, I agree with you one hundred percent that like, if it's a miner and they're in such severe condition like that, they should not legally be allowed to be discharged from the hospital. But I guess, like, do you think she did it because of health insurance purposes or like she just truly I would give a shit I would say that, I would say that, but honestly, like her actions afterwards say to me, no, she just didn't think it was that big of a deal and blew them off, because if, like, if she was doing it for health insurance.
Speaker 1: Then I'm assuming she would have just put them in the car and brought them where they said to go. Like, why the doctors aren't exaggerating, they're telling you that he needs to be metavacted. I just think that if if the doctors determine a child needs to be METAVAC somewhere, that should just be like that's happening. Because while I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying she might not have had health insurance, and she's like, I don't I don't think it's that bad, so I don't want the bill. So that's why she didn't get the medicals.
Speaker 1: Listen, It's possible that she just was like, I don't think it that it's that bad. But guess what, Like, you're an idiot and you deserve to be arrested for that, because you can't just ignore doctor's advice like that, because they were right, yeah, obviously, you know, you can't just say, yeah, I think you're exaggerating, like and listen, like, I'm sure there's plenty of times that doctors recommend certain things and you could just be like, eh, I don't know if we need to go that route right now, Like let's just watch it on like minor issues for sure, you know, like oh, like Lilian needed blood work once and or she didn't need blood work. They were like, let's just do blood work, and I was kind of like, no, I think I think she's fine. Let's just keep an eye on it kind of, you know what I mean, Like, I think there's because the trauma that would induce would be so much greater than what was needed at the time. Right But when they're telling you like your kid has like a potential deadly situation, then then I just don't I don't know how that works in the hospital. I'm sure one of you guys knowing you'll tell us. But yeah, so she's in trouble. Good because you really shouldn't be having a kid if you're not going to take care of them in that situation. I mean, and I don't know necessarily if it's an insurance situation, because why did she bring him to the hospital in the first place, then.
Speaker 2: I don't know, you know, like that's the only thing. I mean, clearly she's an abusive mother, so like the only thing I could think of was like she was like, I don't want to pay all these medical bills, so like your beat basically, yeah, but it still is a vake.
Speaker 1: It right, No, she sucks, all right, So let's talk about like weird things that you could pick up while you're on vacation. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So earlier this year, a family went to Costa Rica and explored some bat caves, but when they got home, they weren't feeling good, and it turns out they contracted some crazy fungal disease.
Speaker 1: All right, I don't like, listen, I'm all about like visiting certain places and stuff, but bat caves, I don't know. I just I'm telling all you guys right now, like when there's environments where there's like birds and bats and their shit is everywhere, I don't care about, like if you're scared of them or whatever, like that their shit carries diseases.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think a lot of people know this, so that's probably why this situation happened.
Speaker 1: So this is this is actually really interesting. So I guess it was a family of thirteen people but it ended up twelve of them got sick. But they visited Costa Rica, and they were from a couple of different states, including Georgia, Texas, and Washington. Right, So they all these and all of the people that started getting symptoms. They it started about eight to nineteen days after they were on this trip. And obviously they're families, so they're all talking, and they figured out pretty quickly that like it was something that happened when they were on this trip. So it was six adults and six kids. And the adults ages were forty two to forty nine years old and the kids were eight to sixteen. And the reason I say that is because it's likely that all of these people were considered to be healthy people. Right, So they all start exhibiting these symptoms and they go to the hospital. And the thing is is that sometimes when you have one of these weird things that you pick up in other countries, when you're in this country, it's more difficult for doctors to pick it up. So they all ended up getting diagnosed with this this weird fungus infection called histoplasmosis. Okay, now, this so this is most common in the United States and Mississippi and the Ohio River valleys. So if you went with these certain symptoms, respiratory symptoms, you went to the hospital in Mississippi, those doctors are gonna be more like, Okay, we were looking for this because this is around here all the time. But if you're in Georgia and Texas and Washington, they the doctors there wouldn't be looking for that because that's that's not that fungus isn't around there. It's not around those particular areas. It also is present in Africa, Asia, parts of Central and South America, and it's a fungus that it occurs in poop guano. I guess you would say, isn't that what isn't that what batpoop's called from? The Hell's that movie Pettitative? Yeah, so it's it's present in the poop of birds and bats, and that's how you get it. Now, Usually when people are exposed to this, they don't even Sometimes they don't get symptoms at all, and if they do, they're like mildly sick. Now, I'm thinking because they were in a back cave that had like extra iguano to the max, like they just had a lot of exposure to it at one time, and that's why they were even showing symptoms of it to begin with. But usually this particular organism is a problem for people who are immunosuppressed, and this could be people who have a history of cancer and are on certain kind of medications that suppress the immune system, or people with HIV or any kind of autoimmune disease things like that, So those people are more common to get sick with this and whatever. If you're if you're a healthy person, you could just you could just get treated and you'll be fine. But sometimes when these people weaken immune systems, it could disseminate or spread throughout your body and get under your skin and cause these crazy nodules called granulemas, which is your body's way of reacting to this foreign fungus in your body. And it looks absolutely insane. I've done it for a mystery diagnosis a couple of months ago. It's one of the more disturbing things that could happen to a human being, honestly, So these people are lucky that they were all fairly young and healthy and they were able to get it recognized, treated, and they're gonna be fine. It's interesting though. I think probably if one of them got diagnosed with it, that would have helped a whole lot of other doctors that were treating these people trying to figure out what was going on, because it might take a couple of days to diagnose something like this. Because I'm saying it's like unusual in these parts of the country. Yeah, I mean, we're gonna talk about this in the next story too, but like, how do you know to even look for it if you don't really realize that's the thing. Well, it causes certain findings, for sure, But the thing is is that depending on what part of the country you're in, when a person comes in, you're gonna set the first thing. There's always a million possibilities of what a person can walk in with, but you're always thinking, like what are the most common things? Think about that with Gene Hackman's wife and the haunt of virus, Like she was living in an area that people get haunt of virus, But at the same time, like what was it like five people a year get it or something crazy, like a very small amount of people get it a year. So but in that area, if you showed up with certain symptoms they might say, oh, maybe this is this because you know, they get this is why they ask you some information when you go to the hospital, the biggest one being have you traveled recently? Because that keys them in to know where you've been lately. And if they say to someone like Gene Hackman's life, like if she's like, oh, yeah, we have a lot of rodents on the property, they would be like, Okay, well that virus verdence. Let's work her up for this. But like if that happened in New Jersey, nobody would be thinking about that because that doesn't happen around here. So it's not that it can't. It's not that I can't go to New Mexico on vacation and then come home and have it. It's just less. It's not on the doctor's first on their mind at first, compared to other things that can present in the same way. Yeah, totally.
Speaker 2: All right, this one, this story is right up your alley. Yeah, Well, we've had so many IVF stories lately, I guess. I mean it's been around for decades, but just lately there's just been so many stories of errors or like weird things that have happened. But in this case, these two families had reached out to their clinic letting them know that their child developed cancer linked to a rare genetic mutation. So of course the clinic starts investigating exactly what happened, and they see these kids have the same sperm donor, so they start looking into other families that use this sperm donor, which, by the way, sixty seven children were conceived by the same sperm donor, and they found out that twenty three of the kids had the gene which is called TP fifty three, and ten of those kids have already been diagnosed with cancers like leukemia, not Hodgkins, lymphoma and other ones. Wow, this is this is a lot, so let's start. Let's back up with the kids.
Speaker 1: So the kids, these people either had IV effort, they could have had IUI too, right, like yeah, whatever, they have a baby with a sperm donor, and so they go. The kid gets diagnosed with cancer and at the hospital in the lab, they'll tect the check the cancer to see if the patient has any kind of genetic mutations, and that's how they figured this out. So when you find out that you have a genetic mutation under traditional circumstances, you would say, Okay, well it's the husband or wife, but when it's coming from a donor, you have to go to them. And that's exactly they did the right thing, and they went to the sperm bank to say, this is what happened. And it is crazy to think that because we'll get into this a little bit later at the end of the story, that sperm is being used for sixty sixty seven times for sixty seven different babies. It does bring up a lot of questions because no normal person has anywhere near that many babies, right, So aside from that, I just never I don't know why I never. I never really think about that, but well I never really have either, But I mean it makes sense when so when a guy goes and donates his sperm to a sperm bank, they do check for certain things, and they get an extensive family history and this and that. But like we've talked about this many times before, they check for most common things. They they don't They can't check for everything like does this guy carry the cystic fibrosis gene because that's a common one, Like things like that. They can't check for every single genetic variant because it's just not it's not happening. There's just there's so many endless possibilities. So this particular one that this guy has, they didn't check for. And they said even when some of these babies were born, they didn't even know that this particular gene mutation was responsible for cancer. So even if they did know, they still wouldn't have advised against using it because they didn't know at the time. So, as Maria was saying, there's twenty three kids are test positive for this mutation, and ten of them have been diagnosed with leukemia, which is a cancer of the blood cells, non Hodgkins lymphoma, which is a cancer of lymphatic cells, which could be in the lymphodes or other organs. And the scary thing is is that some of these cancers will kill these kids like they I mean, some kids can survive leukemia and non Hodgkins lymphoma, depending on which type it is, and some kids don't. It just depends what type it is, and it it depends how they respond to treatment, And it is scary to not know that that something like that is there. I mean, I guess a lot of people have that situation though, that they find out that they have a gene with you know, they have a baby with somebody, and then that person has a weird thing that they're carrying and stuff like that. So there's never going to be a way to hunt undred percent prevent something like this. But someone had brought up with the sperm sperm donors. Now getting back to this guy having all of these children and donating to all of these these pregnancies, that there's they they are advising against it because they're saying, not every guy has sixty seven kids. Right, So now, like if this was a regular situation where this guy was just having sex with a woman and having three kids, let's say you would only put three of these mutations into the world, and that's and then you know, that's it. Now it's like you're put you put sixty seven people possibly have these mutations, you know what I mean, into the world, and it's like you're you're it's an abnormal dissemination of genetic disease when it doesn't when naturally it wouldn't occur that way. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, of course. And then I guess this quote from the clinic said, this is why we have proactively implemented our own international limit of seventy five families per donor. That is an incredibly large amount of families. I feel like it needs to be way smaller, like you're saying, and earlier when you were talking about like obviously these traits could come up earlier and stuff I wanted to I was thinking about it because they were saying in the article that even though they test the sperm, they can't test for things they don't know they're looking for, except for the obvious things that you were talking about.
Speaker 1: But what if on.
Speaker 2: A case like this, somebody donates their sperm and they lie about having a mutation they're aware of, or they lie about a family history of a disease because they don't want to be turned down.
Speaker 1: Because a lot of completely possible because people are doing it for mine. I mean, they don't get for mud a lot.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but I feel like a lot of college kids do it because it's quick cash. And why would you be honest about it if there was a potential you were going to be shot down?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that's that's always something. And they're like, they only test for so much, so you know, Yeah, I mean, actually it is scary. It is scary because you don't know, like and and then you have people that are donating that aren't medical people Like I feel like if someone asked me, do you have a family history of everything? I just think, like all the way back to all the stories I've ever heard and things that I think are relative which other people might not think are relative, or so like stuff like that. But I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know a lot of a lot of families too, are not open about when things are wrong in their family, right, Like you might know a family member has something wrong with them, and then you inquire about it because you're like thinking about starting a family, and then you know you have your aunt just like being like, oh, they're just silly, and it's like, no, but what's wrong with this person?
Speaker 1: Like I want to know? Well, I think that will get better the more like your your generation on, because of the advancements with with medical record keeping. Like let me tell you for example, like my grandpap, this is pop Pop's dad. He died from cancer. And then so I say, okay, he had cancer. What kind of cancer did he have? He had musicthelioma because he worked in the shipyard and then I'm like okay, And then I'll talk to him my did later and I'll say, yeah, like he was in the hospital and he had cancer in his brain and he you know, that's how he died. And then I'm like, wait, music, thelioma doesn't typically spread to the brain, so like, what's what am I missing here? That's that's unusual. And then he says later, oh, you know, my dad, i'd have his whole stomach caught out. Oh he had it was bleeding and this and that, And You're like, did he have gasher cancer, because that's something I kind of want to know. Like you start now, I wasn't cancer, you just had an ulcer, And you start going back and you're like, the history is so choppy because it's hearsay, whereas now it's like people have this stuff in writing and it's it's a little bit more okay, this is you definitely know. So especially like for example, if my grandpap had music ALIUMA, that's not really a risk to me because he did work at the Navy shipyard and that would be an environmental cause of cancer. And he also smokes cigarettes too, so like that combination is like, okay, he had musicaliuma, but like that's not a high risk for me, But like if he had gast your cancer, there are certain kind of gastric cancers that are genetic and that's something I definitely need to know about. So the more time goes on, you'll know more and more about your history and that would be less likely to happen hopefully, because you hear about this, Like sometimes you're talking to people and they'll say, oh, they're especially with like ovarian and breast cancer for women. You're just like, oh, those people should be tested like right now for for Brocket gens and to see if they have Yeah, you know, but a lot of times, like people just don't really think about that kind of stuff. And so when you're given when when these guys are given their history, like they might just not know, especially like a guy, like a guy usually doesn't get half the story right. So it's like the combination is not great. But yeah, so it sucks for these people because they obviously like they needed to get a sperm donation because they were trying to start a family, and now they unknowingly like you.
Speaker 2: Know, well, what do you think is a fair number of limit? Like do you do you limit it to I'm just handed, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know, like a normal amount of people babies if a human would ever have, Let's say, for example, you limit it to three families, and then you give them the option to have siblings with the same sperm donor. But like you're like, I'm capping it at three families, but they're allowed to have like up to three siblings with the same sperm donor per family, right, Like I feel like that's reasonable. I'm not a fan of like we've talked about this before of like telling people how many kids they could have and stuff like that, but in this situation, just because it's not it's not a natural way of doing this, you know, because listen, like, now, how many kids does he have? What did they say? Twenty sixty seven? But I guess sixty seven kids? Right, yeah?
Speaker 2: But I think most people going through IUI or IVF are like not having ten children, right like they're they're having no But I.
Speaker 1: Just don't, like, I don't like putting the limit on it for the families that are getting the sperm donation. But so like this guy has he has sixty seven kids, and twenty three have tested positive for the gene. So you like, there's twenty three people in the world right now that have that. So unless those people do not have children, do you see how that could multiply very fast? Yeah, of course, because then they have kids, then they have kids, and then all of a sudden, like these twenty three kids can now have you know, sixty grandkids and then one hundred and twenty. Like it's it's spreading a genetic a genetic mutation that that would normally spread like that. No, there should there should definitely be a limitation because of that, and like it shouldn't matter. I don't think are they like low on on sperm donations.
Speaker 2: I've never heard of a shortage. So that's why I'm exactly. I'm surprised they say there's a limit of seventy five children per donor. That's absolutely crazy to think about, it really is. And think about you like donating your sperm in college to make quick cash and then you had seventy five kids, Like that's insane.
Speaker 1: All right, let's move on. It is disturbing for sure.
Speaker 2: Let's move on to Questions of the Day. Every Friday at the at Mother Knows Death Instagram account, You guys can head over to our story and ask us whatever you want. First, Are you guys into any fandoms like Harry Potter, Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones. I think we all know you're really not, except maybe Strangers. I was gonna say a Stranger Things count probably I'm I love Stranger Things, and I feel like I get into it a little bit more because because especially Lucia is into it, like the nerding out and the trip to the Jackson, Uh, Georgia to go see where Stranger Things was filmed.
Speaker 1: I don't think I would have done that on my own because I just don't nerd out like that, but I do to an extent for Stranger Things because of Lucia. Like we're going to Atlanta soon and I want to go look at some of the other I think we can go visit the mall where they filmed and the Krill House, so I'm excited about that. I like the Harry Potter films, but I'm not I wouldn't consider myself to be in like the fandom. I enjoy watching them, but I'm not gonna go a mercurdy. Lillian told me today, she goes I started watching this show called Twilight. Oh my god. I was like, oh my god, Maria was obsessed with the Robert Pattinson poster on the wall and everything that could be like a fandom.
Speaker 2: Right, No, I might have to have them over for a girls' night and then we because yeah that yeah, that was definitely I mean yeah, in my youth, the fandom of Twilight huge for me. I mean, Gilmore Girls is probably the biggest fandom women where Like, I watch it religiously.
Speaker 1: I have a bunch of like sweatshirts and like cups.
Speaker 2: And you know, all things like that, but none of the more sci fi stuff like you described your question per se.
Speaker 1: But like Star Wars, I just don't get it. Yeah, I just really like it, like we go even if you go to Disney, Like I could look around and appreciate that it's coal and stuff, but I just don't. I don't get the attraction with it.
Speaker 2: Well. I was really into like comic book stuff for a while when I was a teenager, but then they start making so many movies and I get overwhelmed. It's kind of how I feel about Ninety Day Fiance. Like I thought it was the best show ever, and then all of a sudden. It was on every day of the week, two hour episodes, and then once I feel like I can't catch up, I just lose interest in it. Never mimic that first was that the first season with the who was the like the craziest couple of all time, the guy the guy that was from Tunisia and and the lady that was like the mom, oh.
Speaker 1: What's her name Danielle and I forget the guy's name. I yeah, everybody thought that like that that was just like you'll never match that ever.
Speaker 2: I mean, that show was incredible for a long time, but it just got like way too out of hand, all right.
Speaker 1: Next end ofmetriosis advice. So Maria and I both have endometriosis. I don't really have any advice. Well I do, actually, because a lot of times doctors will blow you off about it, and there are certain doctors around that will take it seriously and they'll give you a procedure to remove some of it, but every doctor won't do it, and lots of doctors will blow you off and out like it's nothing. So if you think you have it, the problem with endometriosis is that you can't really diagnose it by imaging, you could see certain changes that might show that they're scarring and stuff, but really the only way to diagnose it is by biopsying it, and you would have to get an invasive procedure like a laparoscopy to get that done. And some of the theory is that if you're having problems with scarring from endometriosis, if you go in and do a laparoscopy, you could cause more scarring, especially if you're cutting out a lot of tissue. But at the same time that seems to be giving women more relief to cut out the endometriosis and just like praying that the scarring doesn't get worse. So you should definitely push it because there are doctors, like in Jersey and in Philadelphia, we know there's doctors that do the surgery. One of our friends have it done too, and it's kind of life changing, so you don't have to live with it. And sometimes they want to what you on hormone and stuff, and I'm kind of like not into that, but you could do what you want to do. I just I personally think like I would get it caught out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, like I think for endemytriosis, you have to be your best advocate if you really feel like something's wrong. You know how many years have the both of us just been told like periods hurt, you know, like when you're like, well, I don't think they should hurt to the point where I feel like I have to go to the emergency room. But you don't go to the hospital because you know they're gonna blow you off too and send you home. So I think it's really important when you're telling the doctor and if you feel like you're getting blown off getting a second opinion, or if you're like in my case, for example, it was really severe, and I just, you know, I was really frustrated because I was being vocal about it, but I felt like nobody was like hearing me. But I also wasn't taking the extra steps to seek out a specialist. And when I finally got some type of like approval by a doctor so to say, to like see out the specialists and I went there, it was life changing for me. I mean, I had the procedure two months ago. I've had two periods since, and my life is completely different. And I'll talk a lot about the procedure at a later time, but it has definitely changed my life, and I've realized, like, wow, I didn't need to be in that much pain for fifteen years. It's like insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And one of the cool things now is that I'm older and I'm going through the menopause thing a little bit, or perimenopause whatever. It goes away, like when your hormones aren't the same anymore, it goes away, so like it will eventually go away for you. Also, this the glue we should mention the gluten free diet.
Speaker 2: Well. Yeah, so what was really interesting is that my postop appointment I had, my doctor had suggested I do the low fod map diet because I don't know if a lot of people know this, but even though I just had all my endometriosis removed, I mean, it could grow back, and I could there's a potential I have to have it another surgery later in my life. So like in the meantime, my doctor had suggested doing the low fodmap diet, which is a low inflammation diet.
Speaker 1: It's a pain in the ass. It's such a pain in the ass.
Speaker 2: But I had just you know, equipped like, oh I did that before because I have a gluten problem. And she was like, that's so interesting you say that because most of my endometriosis patients have gluten intolerances, and I don't think there's necessarily like all that many studies done linking them together, but it's something she's noticed, and well.
Speaker 1: Gluten is definitely linked to inflammation. So yeah, that's one hundred percent. So anytime you have any kind of an inflammatory process going on in your body, it's best to limit. I don't know if you need to. I mean, we completely exclude, but you could also just limit it a lot as well, and I think that that will be good. And the FODMAP, like, I don't know. If I was like Kim Kardashian and had a chef living in my house, I would eat the low FODAP diet every day because somebody was making my food and I would have to think about it. But it's just a lot. It's it's hard.
Speaker 2: But like when I in twenty twenty was having all my stomach issues and I couldn't figure out what it was. I mean, I lost I think thirty pounds in like six weeks, like something outrageously, to the point where my manager at the bar pulled me aside and was like are you on drugs?
Speaker 1: Like are you okay? You just like he's like, we love You're like no, I wish I was actually because I'd be having a good time here, like I'm not eating anything and I'm miserable.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I literally can't eat anything. I feel like I'm going to pass out every time I eat. And then I did the low fodmap diet and I mean it changed my life. It made me realize I was allergic to gluten and when I stopped eating it, it totally changed my entire life. So well, I do feel like a douchebag for being like I'm gluten free, especially because of all this years working in the restaurant and being so judgment.
Speaker 1: Said they were, I feel like that too, Like when they me and Maria always said when we go to a restaurant and they're like, does anyone have any allergies here? I'm like, now we're good, yes, because we don't want people to be like, oh, you're that person.
Speaker 2: Because we'd have people come in the bar that would be absolute assholes about like I can't have any gluten and blah blah blah blah, and I'm like, well, hey, there's we do have gluten free options, but there's obviously the risk of cross contamination. But then five minutes later they've ordered a beer and I'm like, do you realize that beer has gluten in it? And I'm not talking about like, you know, there's theories that like Corona's Light or whatever is gluten free, or there's ciders and everything like that. No, I'm talking like a full gluten beer, like Guinness something crazy. So that's why I'd be judgmental of it. But now that I'm in the position, I understand a little better.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I think there's a difference between us just like not eliminating it from our diet versus people who are saliac. Yeah, of course, because for me, I'm like, if I'm at a restaurant, there's things that I know that are safe, like a salad, for example. But people who have sliac are just like, well, does that trussing have glue? You know, like they get they get because they will get so sick from having a little bit of it. And I just try to keep out as much as I possibly can without, you know, like I feel like my my one friend that is true Celiac. I mean, she really just can only go to one restaurant around here because the owner has a siliac child and respects it, because like, how could you trust it otherwise.
Speaker 2: Well, I also just found out a gluten free bakery we've gone to a couple of times are not Celiac friendly. They said they're just gluten sensitive, which really I was surprised by that, which for us it doesn't matter, but I was surprised because thank god I ever recommended it to any funny that's that's that's weird. Why I'm not sure because I was kind of taken aback by it, and I don't know if the employee like misspoke, but I thought it was interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But I mean that place is good, so I'm gonna keep going there. But that leads us because there's just gluten in it? Is that why maybe we've been duped? Well, this leads us into our last question, which is would you eat gluten in Italy? And I want to say I would because I've heard from many people that it's totally different over there and it doesn't bother people. And one of my husband's best friends, his sister, has ciliac, and went there and was able to she tried some stuff and didn't have problems. I means she couldn't fully commit because she was scared, but she did try like pasta from her family member's dinners, and she didn't have any issues, which makes me feel good about it. Yeah. I think if like I might be chy, like a bite of pasta and then see like how I fell, and you know, I feel like it would be fine. But even if I didn't have a reaction, I still wouldn't eat like twenty loaves of bread. I don't want to overdo it, you know, like it would be really nice to have like a good piece of bread, though like it just can't be mimicked.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't overdo it. But I think it's also important to note that Europe has such different regulations with how their food is processed, so I think that's why it bothers people wayless.
Speaker 1: I mean, the food in.
Speaker 2: America is basically poisoned at this point, and over there it's like more fresh and natural, and they have a lot more regulations about what people are allowed to eat, which is refreshing. So I think I would take the risk over there, and I would actually enjoy it, because the Italian food over there must be the most incredible thing ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I'm going to try to go on the fall.
Speaker 2: Maybe that'll be nice. All right, Well, thank you guys so much. Please leave us a review on Apple or Spotify, and if you have a story for us, please submit it to stories at Mothernosdeath dot com.
Speaker 1: So ya, thank you for listening to Mother Knows Death. As a reminder, my training is as a pathologist assistant. I have a master's level education and specialize in anatomy and pathology education. I am not a doctor and I have not diagnosed or treated anyone dead or alive without the assistance of a licensed medical doctor. This show, my website, and social media accounts are designed to educate and inform people based on my experience working in pathology, so they can make healthier decisions regarding their life and well being. Always remember that science is changing every day and the opinions expressed in this episode are based on my knowledge of those subjects at the time of publication. If you are having a medical problem, have a medical question, or having a medical emergency, please contact your physician or visit an urgent care center, emergency room or hospital. Please rate, review, and subscribe to Mother Knows Death on Apple, Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere you get podcasts. Thanks