Speaker 1: Wind down with Janet Kramer an I'm Heeart radio podcast, Like, does it really take you that much longer to wash your hair?
Speaker 2: No, you don't want no time out. I don't want to hear it. Catherine. It does not take you that long to straighten your hair.
Speaker 3: No, it does not.
Speaker 2: It does not an hour.
Speaker 4: No, it doesn't.
Speaker 2: I kind of wind down tour. It maybe took me fifteen minutes.
Speaker 4: It was already straightened by the people have the hair straightened.
Speaker 2: Does it take that long to blow dry your hair?
Speaker 4: It takes them an hour. It takes them an hour because the clock.
Speaker 2: No, we're doing I'm doing your hair in Los Angeles, and I will show you I should have scheduled to blow No, but I'm but go ahead back to go back, and were curious, we should let every one in. Okay, Hannah is beautiful and wonderful. And when we popped on, Janna said, I said, in the nicest way possible, you look like a mom right now, because she's a new mom. So she's got the messy hair.
Speaker 4: Baudy preface with it. Don't take this the wrong way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I was like, Oh, she's a mom now, I love it. She's got a. She earned her little messy bun. She's so nice, and I said, I keep saying every night, Tonight's the night I'm going to wash my hair. And then by the time I hit the shower, I'm like, forget this. I want it to be quick and I want to go to bed.
Speaker 4: But how much longer does it take for you to wash your hair?
Speaker 2: It's actually not long and it feels her it's is it the good? It just feels so good when I do.
Speaker 1: It's what I'm wondering. Well, here's what I'm realizing at the time. I obviously can't speak because I throw my hair in a bun after I do nothing, I'm putting stuff in it.
Speaker 2: You don't even have I know. I know this because every time we travel together and I'm like, I'm like whene were time traveling, I'm I do a brush and She's like, no, like Ien a.
Speaker 4: Brush, brush hair every now and then.
Speaker 2: I don't need to you don't need to use cute hair.
Speaker 1: Well no, but my point is is I'm giving you you probably have.
Speaker 4: To do more with your hair when not get out with okay, Well, then you get no excuse. I truly don't.
Speaker 2: It's just dirty I personally just like, don't like the I just it takes so much effort, even though it takes an extra five minutes, And.
Speaker 1: In my mind I thought, maybe it does take people longer to do. I'm being genuine because there's so many people are like, it's it's.
Speaker 4: The night to wash my hair, and I'm like, yeah, no, it's not that. Am I doing something wrong.
Speaker 2: I'm just tired, I think.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's fair.
Speaker 2: I'm like, I don't want to brush it. I just want to burn it.
Speaker 4: Hair looks great.
Speaker 1: So I'm not coming down on you, but I was just I was totally just curious. But then I realized a lot of people will like blow dry and straighten and do all that. If I had to do that every time, I would never wash my hair.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I wash my hair now maybe maybe, oh at least once a week. I washed my hair because I used to wash it every day and then it was so greasy and so that I got on them where I didn't. And then now it's like, fine, yeah, you're not supposed to wash it every day. Now do you know that you're also not supposed to bathe soap every day either. I can't do that it's impossible. Yeah, there was something you have softer skin if you don't use soap. I saw it on like a meme the other.
Speaker 3: Day, taking.
Speaker 2: I mean, but do you know what I mean, like one of those things that were going.
Speaker 1: Out to be pretty sure we just strip all the moisture out of our skin when we do.
Speaker 2: But I can't not wash my body either. But anyway, we have the country that was you pinned something when we were on the phone the other day. Okay, I have a mini pin and a pin. Oh, my let's minipin it. Minipin is quick. Okay. I just want to make sure that I have a public apology out to you for insulting Jack Russell. Oh, because I need my daughter Lion, and I just want to make sure that very or people being mean. No, but I thought about it afterwards, and I was like, I came down on Jack Russell, and I've got a daughter named Lyan. Jack's was going to be the name.
Speaker 4: Still loving Jack's. It's unfortunate it is Jack Russell.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I just want to make sure everyone knows I named my daughter an animal. You could name your son an animal. So many people the wedding of Jax Russell and Lion Lockhart would be incredible.
Speaker 3: It would be a.
Speaker 4: Friends without telling me your best friends.
Speaker 2: Jackson, I know, but we we have officially we officially officially officially have a name now and the middle is it the our name is R j R.
Speaker 4: I know the last one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we changed the middle for something like a personal.
Speaker 4: Do we get to know her?
Speaker 2: Is it a surprise?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: What do you guys think?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 2: Do we need everyone? I don't know, like how like because most people, well, I don't know, because I know I'm Sydney Jesse's sister. They already knew the name, like they had like the had the baby shower, which I was so sick and I was like trying to like hide in the photos. I was just like kind of starting to show, but also like one devilment. I'm like, I'm not here. I feel like should felt bad, but so like they had Sonny already picked out. So I don't know, Like, do you it's up to you? Do you hold it?
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 2: I would love for you to hold it. I don't think that is in the cards for what I've always held.
Speaker 4: Here's what I did too.
Speaker 1: If you don't want to hear people's you're going to get people that are actually going to come to you and be like, why would you name your kid that you know, which is terrible. You can't imagine people doing that, but they'll do it. So if you don't want a second, guess yourself because people have an opinion.
Speaker 2: I love all the names you've come up with. Jack's was just when I was like, dang it, it's unfortunately. I love Jack. Oh, I love it so much, but I just it's just Jack's Jax Russell, Jax Russell.
Speaker 4: I still try it on, so I.
Speaker 2: Know, but I just there was a piece of me that I'm like, well, what if I change my mind? But I don't know, because every time we've had a name, it's always gone back to the art name, the our name. We know, the our name, y'all know. I love that.
Speaker 4: You could have like a Kylie situation where you name it.
Speaker 2: Oh, like, was it wolf?
Speaker 1: So they named him wolf? Never called him Wolf a day like ever, and then like yeah, I don't know. Six months nine.
Speaker 4: Months later they're like, actually his name is Air or whatever.
Speaker 2: I see this Air is it Air?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: She's kind of pretty like that. I like it. The people that said, I have to see the baby for me, Like I had to go in knowing what the name was, because when it's like, okay, well know when we know when we see it, But then I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: What, Like I don't know, that's not me.
Speaker 3: Who are you a kid?
Speaker 2: Who do you want to be?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: They can't I don't know. I had to meet them. See, that's just not my personality. That's not yours either, No, not at all.
Speaker 1: But like we knew, you had to make sure that that kid looked like a lion.
Speaker 2: Well for lion, especially because I already knew it.
Speaker 4: Like what does lion look like?
Speaker 2: Though well I already knew it lion looked like because me lion, remember, but she wouldn't have been lion maybe if she didn't match that. God showed her a picture baby and the baby and.
Speaker 4: I feel like I don't know the story.
Speaker 2: Well that's pretty crucial for me. We can catch up later.
Speaker 4: You didn't tell me. I'm pretty sure you skipped over.
Speaker 2: Okay, he she was bitch facing That was so bad.
Speaker 1: So someone said, I was like, I wish I knew what I was thinking because I was thinking nothing negative that podcast at all I wasn't.
Speaker 4: It was with what's her face?
Speaker 2: It was it's when I talk, you stare at me. I need too though, I feel like I need to really work on it. Okay, but anyways, you have to be the one to like see, yeah, I think. Yeah. It's like I remember for Lead for Love, Preston was dead said her name was Love, and I said, I just need to meet her. And even in the birth video, the doctor says it's a girl and what's her name? And I go, we're not sure. Right as I'm saying, we're not sure that president's like her name is like money the outda it's Love and we don't care who knows it, Like okay, oh yeah, I mean think.
Speaker 4: So, but I just need to see I can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I need to. Like I've walked in with the both knowing Jolie and ja oh yeah, like we knew. So that's what's also weird because like we knew, we knew, But then I think I can't. I never called them that until I had them.
Speaker 4: So what happens if they come out and you're like, it's not Lyon.
Speaker 2: Well, it wasn't lying with legend, so we had legend either way, and if it looked like the baby I saw, then it would have been lying. But it wasn't. Oh okay, yeah gotcha. Well I don't really have a chance to like have that moment of holding because I'm so drugged by the stuff that get me. I'm like, you know, I need to like have the name, the names.
Speaker 4: A couple of things.
Speaker 2: And he locked in before.
Speaker 4: The difference between kby.
Speaker 2: So we gets closer and closer and closer. I'm like, so, like, I actually looked into a study that if they knock you out completely, you have a higher chance of postpart and depression. Wow. Yeah, so can I ask you guys, this is silly that I don't know this.
Speaker 1: I'm silent.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's just because.
Speaker 1: You were giving me some sort of it's just when I'm like actually like intently listening.
Speaker 2: Okay, so when that I should know this. It's embarrassing when you do see section what are your options for anesthesia? They just give you the spinal tap okay, and your numb so like, yeah, you hugged basically the doctor. I remember hugging Jay wrestling for me, and he put the spinal tap right in my back okay, like an epidural it's just like an epidural. But yes, so I had with Jolie. Mine was an epidural, but then the emergency section. So then they just gave me more of whatever it was. Remember remember we were playing cards when I was God.
Speaker 4: I'll never forget it.
Speaker 2: Can we get off? I can't feel my like my legs?
Speaker 4: Can we longest?
Speaker 2: Can we can we get off of the medicine and catains like I don't.
Speaker 1: Okay, but I can't feel my legs exactly.
Speaker 4: That's the point.
Speaker 1: But so you get the spinal your numb basically from here down. Really it starts, it goes up pretty high. She didn't get knocked out completely, but you got more drugs that basically because you were freaking out.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, that's what I want both, Yes.
Speaker 4: But you weren't completely under.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Now that can happen with an emergency situation, I think, very emergency. They can completely knock you, like take you under, Okay, but that's rare, I think.
Speaker 2: Because I knew that you couldn't feel like waiste downish yeah obviously. Yeah, But then I have heard some people talk about like being knocked out or kind of knocked out, and I'm like, well, wait what happened?
Speaker 1: Sometimes at the emergency see some chimes I have to.
Speaker 2: It's interesting with Jolie those I remember I was. It was so much more traumatic with jas than it was with Joli.
Speaker 1: It sounded like it.
Speaker 2: So that's why.
Speaker 4: We all heard that.
Speaker 2: We did yeah in the delivery room with me, Well you're doing great, speak louder into this microphone.
Speaker 3: KB.
Speaker 2: I know I'm not going to do it again. Even though Amy we had to call the baby and like, all right, well, guests, can we get on what would be? Look really good my baby? And they were like another delivery. I was like, not a chance at all, but yeah, because I'm like, I don't know anyhow.
Speaker 4: It was more dramatic.
Speaker 2: Small pin, that's the small pin. Jacks Russell, Oh, Jack, okay, big pin. The big pin is the realization that men need to be already laughing, there's that's a list that men need to be. I don't know should be. It's a lot of heavy lifting men need to be. And I'm okay, this is a big pin. Well you know what, then let's let's bring it back. Let's let's get Danielle Bradberry on the show, and then we will unpin the big Pin.
Speaker 4: Okay, often just need to be.
Speaker 2: Take you're breaking get Danielle brad Barry. I'm hey girl, hiy hey, hi, sweet girl. I am How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good? How are you?
Speaker 2: We're good? Welcome to Wine Down.
Speaker 3: I love it. I'm excited to be here.
Speaker 2: Are you right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He looks so cozy.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm in the label. I came prepared. I haven't all set up here. That's in Nashville.
Speaker 2: Are you still with Big Machine?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay, because you've been there for how many years?
Speaker 3: Ten years? Now?
Speaker 2: Ten years? Because okay, so you won the voice? Now is the howled are you? I'm twenty seven, So you won the voice what eleven years ago? I guess so because you were sixteen?
Speaker 3: Right? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah girl, I met you right after that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's right. I get so confused. But it's been a long time, the way it's been, Yeah, has it?
Speaker 2: I feel like I remember talking to you at one point where it was like, especially during kind of the casino labels, it's it's difficult being releasing what you want to release, also being female, and then I have my own love hate with the label and so for you, do you ever have that moment where you're just like, it's just you get so frustrated that you're like, I just want to put out what I want to put out.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, for sure. And they even know that too. I'm very vocal when it comes to that type of stuff, and I have had many moments where I'm like, Okay, time's a ticken, Like like my my last album I put out like five six years ago, and I'm just ready to release music now, and we're on the way there and we're getting stuff done. But there's definitely been many times was where I'm like, all right, I'm ready.
Speaker 2: Do you think that that waiting and that those periods have been what have accumulated to more of your anxiety?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it definitely has played a huge role in a lot of that because you start getting in your head. I'm a big overthinker. I just I stay stuck in here, and so I will kind of go down a rabbit hole of many things and kind of, you know, go down the whole doubt in yourself and if I'm doing the right thing and all of the above. So it definitely has played a role in my anxieties and all of that too. But you know that's my own responsibility to to kind of take the reins back a little bit.
Speaker 2: So you always felt so, I mean, winning the Voice at sixteen is young. That's really young, and so a lot of your growing up years ten years in the music business, it's like forty dog years or something. I mean, I really feel like it's a big deal. So do you feel like the growing up in the music business adds to anxiety as a person who also worked in the music business not an artist, right, I feel like that is just it's such a real the pressure and it's a testament to how incredible you are that you're at such a huge label still ten years later. I mean, big machine doesn't hold on to people. You're talented and they know.
Speaker 3: It, thank you. But yes, I think about it all the time actually, And some people are like, oh, it was so long ago. Do you even you know, think about all of that, And I'm like, oh, I think about it every single day because it's a how I got here, and b I've learned more than I could have ever imagined in these years and being at such a young age. I'm still young. I mean, yeah, like you said, these years have been so fragile and very vulnerable, and I've basically have grown up in the public eye, which is such a weird thing to think about. And I mean I've there's been trial and errors and you know the spaces in between things too. I get so frustrated. But then I'm like, Okay, well, maybe I did need this time to grow to figure out more of who I am, since these are such younger years. And my mom tells me that all the time. She's like, maybe these were meant to be and you needed time to sit with yourself. And what if you, you know, overnight, became a tailor swift, Like could you have been able to handle that? And I'm like, probably not, to be honest with you. So there's just been I mean, it's been a whirlwind for sure.
Speaker 2: And how involved is your mom with your career because it wasn't at one point she was maybe your day to day or something, or just with you because you were sixteen probably.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah. She just traveled with me in the beginning, and when I hit eighteen, it's kind of when she let me fly on my own and I have younger brothers and family back home and she needed to get back there. So but she has played a huge role. She's never been a part of the team, but she's been my mom and in the picture, and she is super supportive and I talk to her almost every day, if not every other day, and she's always given me advice and does an overstep. But if I need that person in my corner, she definitely is right there. So it's been a huge blessing to have that. For sure.
Speaker 2: What's the message that is the message that you hear that's the most negative that kind of keeps you in rotation, just like.
Speaker 3: In general, or like on social media, or.
Speaker 2: Just like the thing that's like that makes you either like the anxiety worse or like for me, I'm like, oh I'm not good enough. Like that was always like my rotating belief that was negative and toxic.
Speaker 3: I I can kind of relate to that. I have like a few that come to the top of my head, Like I will get in those ruts where I'm like, am I doing something wrong? Is there something that I'm I don't have that's enough for the world, for the industry, for whatever it is. And for me it was another thing was like my body, Like a lot of people love to rip me to shreds on social media for your body. Oh yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Because you're magically and beautiful because that's life is like I look at you too, and you know, I'm always like anytime you do a carpet, I'm always like you are and always the best dressed, like like from head to toe, like the most stunning, like the way you carry yourself on the carpet, the way that you like are I'm always just like someone please like take take notes what Daniel Bradbury is doing, like how classy and like beautiful and like how I'm like the entire thing is everything else. I just I'm always like what I like country, Like come on, girls, you know what I mean. Like, but you are like in your effort classic in what you do. So that's why I'm like, I don't understand because like you're you're beautiful, you work out, you I love the fact that you're like showing your body and you're like but in a classy way.
Speaker 3: Yeah what are they saying?
Speaker 2: So because you're warrior. Dana Kramer's here to tell everybody exactly where they can go.
Speaker 3: She knows.
Speaker 2: I'm always like, I'm like, girl, you look freaking It's like you're just effortless and beautiful.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, thank you. But you know, I mean, we all know social media is just such a horrible dark place most of the time. But I am naturally a you know, I'm five to two barely. I'm more on the petite side. And then with the anxieties and stress that I have struggle with, Like there's been like two years where it was super bad. And when I get anxiety, I'm personally the type that my appetite completely gets cut off. My stomach I can't put anything in it because it's so sensitive. And so for me it was really hard to gain weight. At times, I would lose a lot of weight and it would look it would come off. I mean with social media, music videos, all that stuff, and you could see the fluctuations I would have and not even doing it on purpose, it was just all in here and I just could not eat or do anything. And so people, I mean, even when I start to feel good and I'm feeling out again, I'm working out, I go and I don't look for comments. I don't do anything, but sometimes they'll just be right there and they're like if you hate a burger, like you look into rexic and you My favorite one is if she put twenty more pounds on her, she would rule country music.
Speaker 2: I'm like, why because that matters, Because that matters.
Speaker 3: It's just always something I get it to meet and greets, even like that's the first thing to say to me. Is just something about my body and I try to be confident in it and just you know, show up and show out as much as I can. But some days are harder than others, and it it'll weigh on you heavier than others. But that has been the most common throughout my career, and being in the spotlight is just nitpicking. I'm like, y'all love doing this.
Speaker 4: It goes to show that it goes both ways.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like if you're too big everyone or in their eyes, too big that they're going to complain about you. If you're too small, like you literally have to be a perfect what's too small?
Speaker 4: What's too big? What's too like? What is it that makes you happy with my body?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: You know, it's unbelievable meet and greet stuffny I feel like people they don't mean to say like there's been like you know, a couple of years ago there was people they'll be like, oh my god, you're so much prettier in person, and I'm I was like, thanks for you, like okay, and then like I just I just did a show in uh Reno and they're like, oh my god, you're huge, and I'm like thanks like that because I just came on stage now because you know, I'm pregnant, and so they're like, but you know, I don't think they mean it. It's just like also nervous energy too, yeah, because I'm like meeting their person so ice. But I you know, I get I was just talking to someone else too about you know, someone's going through a breakup and they're like the worst part, honestly, isn't the breakup. It's the social media and all the comments and all the hatefulness and all the and I'm like that's the piece where it's like it's so easy to be like okay, like don't listen to it, turn it off, like you know the truth. But it's still when someone's speaking something about you, it's not easy to swallow. It's not easy to not defend, it's not easy to like have let those things come in. It's it's one thing to say like, oh that doesn't doesn't bother me, and who cares? It's still like still human. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, at the end of the day, it still sits heavy no matter what or who you are.
Speaker 2: So and you've been so incredibly vocal to about your anxiety and what is because obviously we talk about anxiety a lot on the show, and so what's what's some things and tools that you do that kind of helps you get, you know, back on study ground.
Speaker 3: You know, I have. I'm about to start a new therapy, Like it's like a new I was doing something a while back and I quit that and then now I'm going to start something new and I'm really excited about that. But obviously therapy is wonderful. But you know, in my daily life, I try to exercise. I I try to at least it just I'm very much of a homebody. I like my my little knee time and I'm so I'm so boring and I'll literally cleaning my house awkwardly, girl like, I don't know, I just want to clean. It's not even messy. I just need to do something with my hands.
Speaker 4: I'll do that.
Speaker 3: I'll organize and just because your space matters as well and how that is and for your mental and just I have a dog. I like to, you know, go on walks with him, and yeah, just have more of self care because some days I will look around and I'm like, wow, this is a perfect representation of what's going on in here, and just reeling it back sometimes really helps. And getting organized or as organized as you can to to feel like you're you're a little bit put back together. That was That's kind of honestly been me recently. Actually, I feel like I've been I feel super unorganized in my personal life because I'm traveling. I'll go do shows and I come back live out a suitcase, go keep going on, like I have no stability right now, and it is driving me insane. So I mean, just these last few days, I stayed up till one o'clock in the morning one of these nights, just organizing and cleaning. I'm like, I need, I need to do something here. So there's just different little things.
Speaker 2: You have You tried the emdre No, No, that's a good one. That's a good one to add to your list. Yeah, Okay, it's something that a therapist can can walk you through. But it's really good, Okay, very helpful, super incredible, and it helps break down like all of those like any of the truths that are feel like truth to you but are not truths. It helps you get to the roots in the bottoms and then kind of dissolve it a little bit. Yeah, you would like it. I read somewhere too that you are with your music, you are starting to be a little more personal, not personal, sharing some more personal stuff about maybe past relationships and stuff. You were with your last boyfriend for how many years?
Speaker 3: I was with him for almost four years and we broke up about ten months ago.
Speaker 2: So that's got to be in a lot of the new songs coming up.
Speaker 3: Right, She's like, it was the one.
Speaker 2: I mean that really, I mean that's going to add too to the you know, depression and stress and anxiety. But I also think there's so much like to be able to sing through that must be so therapeutic as well.
Speaker 3: It really is, And you know, I talk about it all the time, and I like to try and be as honest and vulnerable in my music as I can, or you know, as they let you. But like I recently put out a song about anxiety and I've never done that before.
Speaker 2: I'm super excited.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and you know, just and you know they've asked me, were you kind of nervous about doing that? And I'm like no, because I just I want everyone to feel like they're here, even me selfishly. I just want to, you know, show that I'm not perfect, like I still deal with all of this stuff. And yeah, writing about relationships and what has gone on is super therapeutic and it just just lets you express all of those things and not keep it to yourself. And then you hear other stories about sometimes the same exact thing, and you're like, okay, so I'm not it's not just me here, which is nice. And then that feeling is vice versa with your with your fans and other people friends and everything. So it's really something special. For sure.
Speaker 2: Is there people that in Nashville? I guess anybody. It just be anywhere that you love to write with that you feel safe, you know, because that is writing is such a vulnerable space and there's certain people, you know, everybody can write like a fun song with. But then when you get to like the intimate anxiety like pouring your heart out, is there like do you have the is there a sacred group that you.
Speaker 3: Yeah? I love Emily Wise band. She's kind of been my go to girl over the past few years. I basically wrote my whole last album with her and she like vocal produced it with me. And she's always been a steady one for me. She's been doing her own thing and it's been a little harder to get together recently. But she will send me songs out of nowhere and be like, hey, thought of you or wrote this thinking of you, And she knows what's been going on in my life, what has gone on, and so the songs she'll send me, I'm like, are you trying to ruin my day? Been like, oh my gosh, it's just so spot on. So a lot of this new music, to be honest, is some of it is her sending me stuff that she's like, I know this has been what you've been talking to me about lately. So here's this. I'm like, gosh, that is unreal. I love her.
Speaker 2: So she's yeah, what was the biggest lesson in the breakup for you?
Speaker 3: Oh? Man, you can't force somebody to love you. That was the biggest thing for me.
Speaker 2: And nor should anyone ever, you know what I mean? Like someone should just like ever, you know, because we can't force ourselves to love someone.
Speaker 3: And no one.
Speaker 2: I mean, we've all done it, but I've also been like, you know, you stay and you stay and you stay, like thinking they're going to like love you the way you want to be loved, and it's like sometimes they just can't be that the one to do that.
Speaker 3: No, And like this last one, I was, I was confirmed, like I'm going to marry this guy. His mom talk to me about rings like it was it was very very deep, like we had a plan. I didn't think of anything else. So I was like, this is my plan. And so towards the end it started to he started to throw around the breaking up randomly, and I'm like, you can't do that to me because it's literally destroyed me. And that's where a lot of the anxiety came in. And I was just worried all the time. And it was he was dealing with his own issues that I that half of it had nothing to do with me, and that was the hardest pill to swallow because you wanted to You're like, Okay, well I'm gonna I hope you love me, like I hope this keeps going. And it just I mean, half of it, like I said, had nothing to do with me, And so it was just battling, the juggling of figuring that out, figuring out, Okay, this isn't you, but I love him so much I want it to work out. It was just a lot of like battling in here, and I give people way too many chances. That was That's something I have been learning not to do. It's really hard.
Speaker 2: The podcast of chances.
Speaker 3: Yes, I love it, but oh man, yeah, I gave him way too many chances towards the end, and he felt like I was going to be there forever and then it just one of the last hey, peace out. I was like, all right, yeah, I'm piecing out too, and he didn't like that, and he made my life a living hell for a few months, and that was a really hard pill to swallow too. You're like, I love him so much, but then yeah, so yeah, you can't force anything. And once it's over, it's just it's not meant to be, whether how much you love him or not. I will love him for the rest of my life, but I just, you know, I've gotten to the point where I'm like, I just hope he's good. Hope he's you know, living it up. He had a new girl immediately almost, so I'm like that for sure overlapped. So that was a hard post swallow as well.
Speaker 2: Hope you know that none of it is a reflection on you though, Like absolutely none of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that is That's what I've been trying to learn.
Speaker 2: So I think it's really hard for people that have that characteristic to swallow when you actually love yourself more than you love them, and for you to say when he says peace out and you go, okay, you know what, actually me too, it's like you really taking care of yourself. Yeah, and that is a really confident, big decision to make. That's hard for someone with his characteristics to probably digest.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, And it took a while, like I said, the chances and going back and forth and loving him when he really wasn't loving me, and and then you know, I was I that that's saying. You just wake up. One day, I literally just I was like, I'm not doing this anymore. And I was like, oh my god, i can finally eat and I'm not, you know, so wound up with what he's doing while I'm trying to do what I'm doing. Like it was this just lit like.
Speaker 2: It's that wild what we do and how we do because I'm like I remember, that's like everything like yet dictated how his energy and his emotions dictated how then I was during my day. And it's like, well, it's.
Speaker 1: Like, like, did your anxiety pretty much go away once you made that decision to just be done? I, like I said I would.
Speaker 3: I was losing a lot of weight because I couldn't eat. I was in this spider flight mode all the time. And like after that finish, and then it was like the back and forth for a while after the breakup, and then after that chapter closed, and then I saw he was with somebody else and she actually moved in with him, and I was like wow. And then from then on and like now I've like been able to eat. I've been feeling it out more like I've been in my My mom and my sister, they're like, isn't that wild what he did to your body? I'm like, that's wild. I like shed y.
Speaker 1: Well, It's like with Jana, it's like she's had anxiety since I've known her, and it's like she gets divorced and she's like I don't have anxiety anymore, and I'm like what, Like it's so bizarre.
Speaker 3: Denminators.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny is I was always called the common denominator, right, yeah, figure, welcome to my dadator. You're so welcome here.
Speaker 3: You get right in. Danielle, I love it.
Speaker 2: Okay, So Danielle on the positive things. You're going on tour, right, it's coming up here soon or are you already on?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I start yeah, okay with Jordan, right with Jordan. I love his song he is Out, Jordan Davis. Jordan Davis was now I'm freeing the total the title. I was like, no, not, that's that's good too. I don't know that you were listening is like bye bye do it. I was like, it's like a whole thing. I was like, never mind, no, the around, No, that's not world ones around, it's the I think I think this is him. I feel really bad now if it's the one where it's like, oh it's new, it comes like everything that comes out next, it's like, uh, next thing, you know, next thing, you know, the next thing he knows. Yeah, I love that song.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so true.
Speaker 2: It's like you're buying a ring and you're moving in and you're on a baby then yeah. Really related to the Deer on the Wall, statement at that the Deerhead on the Wall. The lyrics, clearly I don't know the lyrics.
Speaker 4: Will we're talking about the same song, Yes we are?
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, So you're going on tour, You've got Monster out, Like what what else is going on? I mean, obviously that's a lot like happening, but like, what what do you what do you want and what do you like? What are you aiming for?
Speaker 3: So recently I've been in and out of the studio and like just this morning, I had a meeting, you know, putting a set list together for that tour and just making it the best that I can, and just getting really excited about that. I'm releasing another song by the end of this month or the beginning, I don't know, but I'm releasing another song soon, and my goal is to put out another album. I am sitting on a lot of songs that I am super excited about. And it's songs that I'm not putting an agenda to or I'm not putting any rules to. I'm like, oh, well I gotta have this radio single, or oh I need to make it country, or I'm not putting labels on anything. And that has been really fun. And freeing for me to do. And this music, I feel like, is finally a group of songs and I'm like, I'm actually super proud of this group of songs. It's more me than ever, I mean, sonically, lyrically, and just the stories and it's very relatable to your mid to late twenties, like it just takes you through that life and different perspectives and so it's you know, we're going to be presenting it to the team here soon and hopefully it's all green lights from there. But yeah, that's my goal right now, is just to put out another project and just just have fun with that.
Speaker 2: So I almost think that you say you're proud of the music, I almost feel like that's a translation that you're proud of yourself too, for everything that you've walked through. So I am good. You should be. I'm talking to my kid, I'm like, are you proud of yourself?
Speaker 4: Because you should be you she basically could be our child. Almost.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, let us let our listeners know where they can find you if they haven't followed you already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm on all social media, Instagram, TikTok, I mean, the whole, the whole, Nines and then I'm Spotify, Apple Music, anywhere you can find music.
Speaker 2: So Daniel Bradberry, thank you girls so much for coming on mine down.
Speaker 4: Sweet, thanks for coming.
Speaker 2: Anytime you want to talk therapy. I'm your girl, all right, girl, thank you so.
Speaker 3: Much, Thank you, Bye bye, sweet little Gosh.
Speaker 2: She's just she's just become such a beautiful woman. Yeah, she really has just really grun into herself. Yeah, it's I mean, can you imagine, Yeah, can you imagine anybody, Like we've talked about this when we do like the the Laguna Beach in the Hills people and but like sixteen.
Speaker 1: No, can't imagine.
Speaker 2: I mean, and coming onto music Row and she works. I mean she's under a big label. Yeah, that's like it's a monster label. I remember she was playing at a show that I was playing at and just being like, oh, she's so young, and I just I've like loved to watch like I've loved her evolution. And her voice doesn't grit in her body. It's crazy. Her little stairwell stuff that she has Instagram are so good too. She got such a pretty voice. She goes to a stairwell and like sing songs and then like beautiful voice. I wish I could sound like that in a stairwell or anywhere. Actually, I wish I could sound like that even in my own head. Take a break, and then we'll unpin the big pin.
Speaker 3: On pin.
Speaker 2: Unpinned the big pin. This is a realization, and I hope it helps someone somewhere. You really wish men would pick one out of It was a realization that men.
Speaker 4: Spouses.
Speaker 2: Maybe I shouldn't be so men. Okay, it's men. I tried for a minute, super ego about it. So I had this realization. I was at a We have a little support group that I go to once a month. It's women in the industry that are married to men in the industry. It just allows its space for us to like all chat and have like a safe place to share the struggles.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: So I it's been led by a therapist that you and I both know and have worked with, and her husband recently passed, and and she's magical. And so at one point I say to her, was there ever a time where he wasn't nailing it?
Speaker 3: Oh? Him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. So I don't know why this never occurred to me. You think everyone's perfect When we did couple therapy with them. Yeah, like they were like this is our stuff and this is where like he never knew so here, this is what I think. Okay, I think therapist Amy and her husband. Oh, by the way, she sent me the cutest photo of them, because I've been like that's another pin for another pin, but like she like sends me their like perfect little family photo, and I'm like, you guys are just precious, Like yeah, they like they never fight, right, but they do.
Speaker 1: They everyone does, everyone does. Okay, what should men do?
Speaker 2: Okay? So I guess I just thought all along like men like if you're a therapist, then that must be like I've figured at home, it's just very like, tell me about your day, very connected. How are your feeling like i'd assume I feel. Yes, I imagined when they're cooking dinner, they're like stirring right. The story I made up today when you didn't text me back was that maybe you weren't thinking of me, and that really hurt my feelings. This is what I thought was happening in all of their homes, but in reality, and a couple therapists have opened up to me and been like oh no, no, no no, And I was like wait, what And they're like, no, I had to instruct I mean the the therapists that we share or had shared. Huh whose husband passed away? She was like no, I had to sit him down and say. She said. One day, I slammed my laptop and I said, I need you to date me tonight. I need you to court me. And I said, wait a second. Of all the intune, intuitive, well knowing, all knowing, feeling people, this guy need to be told what you need. And she said, oh yeah. All the time, Guys, I've been walking around thinking, well, maybe I'm just impossible, or maybe I'm just you know. I think there's I hear what you're saying, but I think there's levels to it. So I think there are things that i've that you've told me that are absolutely not okay. Sure that I don't think that guy would have done. Sure, sure, But I also think there are the mundane things that all husbands and wives like gets.
Speaker 4: Men and women.
Speaker 1: I think everyone has to be reminded in their relationship.
Speaker 2: Think you ruined it for yourself now.
Speaker 3: Just that we all don't.
Speaker 2: I don't have this idea, okay, because you are helpless romantic. Yeah, but I also know that like you know, well yeah, but like I also know that like as deeply and as madly in love that I am with Alan, and how much we love and respect each other. Granted we have not had a fight yet and we've been dating for ten months, and I love and and well, in my mind like all will never be what my ex and I were That was a toxic mess of disrespect and I'm not loyalty and whatever, and I know that we're gonna most likely have little annoyances, and we're going to bother each other and we're going to have little, h like little snippet fights. Having said that, which I think is I'll be like, well, I want to feel dated because he's you know, he's working a lot or this, that and the other, and sure are those things, but I think there are other things that you need to take into account that aren't normal. Maybe right, No, But I like, I'm like, well, why would you want to date me? Like I'm going, okay, you're home for four nights, Like I want a date night. Well he does too, but also and we have a brand new baby, so he's like, I don't I want to plan that for you. But then I feel like I'm nervous to take you away from the baby those things. Yes, I just think we have to unfortunately spell it out a little but ye. Like, for example, I said to Alan the other day, because he's going to be away for a bit, I said, you know, the kids are going to go to MIC's tonight, so I would really like and He's like, oh, we should do a date and I'm like, yes, I would love that, you know.
Speaker 1: So it's like, I mean, we just have this conversation the other night. I was like, hey, like, we haven't gone on a date in a while, and he was like, oh my gosh, the calendar is so full. Like he's truly not they're not, but I'm saying he's not doing it and I don't want to take her out.
Speaker 4: It's literally he looks at.
Speaker 1: It and he's like, well, crap, there's something on the schedule every day, and then it leaves his mind and then I have to remind him like, okay, well maybe look out a month in advance and put it on the calendar.
Speaker 4: It's just the.
Speaker 2: Piece though, is is when that goes too long, right, then you start to get like, well they don't care, and then you.
Speaker 1: Start to get everything I have learned, at least for us personally, through everything that we have been through. We have to communicate that before we get to that place, because that was the problem. We got it so far because I was pissed about this, He was pissed about this. No one ever said anything, and it just eventually whatever. So like we had to come together. The other day he had a little frustration and I had a frustration, and we talked about it. We're like, okay, cool, and you know, it's just it's not I know it's easier said than done, but we have to communicate that, but just.
Speaker 4: What it takes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a communications major. Why am I suck?
Speaker 1: Why you expect no offense but you expect him to just no offense, but want to do it. Don't take this the wrong way. Hope you don't take this the wrong way or ask do you expect him to.
Speaker 2: Just you know and do it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, And that's not fair, but you were talking about it.
Speaker 2: It's not fair. It is the time, so that would be nice. Yes, agreed, But like the other day he was like, Hey, I'm going to be home for three nights and I really want to date you. And I was like you do. And he's like, well, yeah, he's like I miss you, Like he's like you just you're always holding a baby like it's I So that must have felt good. Then, oh it feels great. I honestly am just hoping that this little nugget of information busts all the things that people see on social media, how in love they are and all these marriages, because I think I sometimes have an an unrealistic expectation where he is just it's Adam and Eve's stuff, and he's not wired the same way as me. And if I say what I need, what I want, what I feel, thank you and Amy Alexander, it is easier for him to give me what I need and what I want and help me understand how I feel. So I will say one of the coolest things happened, and I agree with you. Yeah, we were Alan and I did a date night. It was probably a month ago, and we're sitting at dinner and he goes, okay, and it was very like coach like, but I either way, I appreciated it. He's like, he goes, so, what do you think we're doing great in a relationship and what do you think we need to work on Oh I love that, and he's like, and then then as a whole, and then what's something that we need that I need to work on and that you need to work on? Did he have anything they already lined up?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: He didn't, Okay, good. Yeah. So it was what we like, what we personally needed to work on, what we personally wanted the other person to work on. So it was like, it's not just attacking one person. I need you to do better at this. I need you to do like it's like I need to do better at this, and can you do better at this? Yes?
Speaker 4: I love that.
Speaker 2: This is good. Yeah. So I thought that was just like A really I was, but I was. I also turned to him like, oh my god, you're like my dream man. I didn't even ask you to like do a check in and you're checking in Yeah it's the dog. But so yeah, so that like it's almost like a yeah, I liked it well.
Speaker 1: And I wasn't so like, hey, we need to have our check which I understand you have to have that saying that it all needed to do it. So I'm not coming down on that at all, but it's got to be kind of refreshing, like hey, we didn't have this scheduled. We have to have a check in. It was just like, hey, what are we doing? Like that had to be really great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, funny thing happened the other day at baseball. Alan and I were there. I needed Mike to take Jolie to soccer and so then he met me at Jason's baseball and I was there with Alan or whatever, which Parker and Mackenzie are at. So we were like jobbing and stuff. Yeah, so and then you know, I'm standing over by Alan and Mike walks every He's like, so, how's our baby?
Speaker 3: See?
Speaker 4: I love that it was that is good.
Speaker 2: It's not our baby though, because it's our baby, but that's fine.
Speaker 4: Feel a part.
Speaker 2: It was funny and I was just like, well so we had a good laugh about that.
Speaker 1: So so how is that going with him helping with like sports, because it's being crazy.
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 4: That's that's a process.
Speaker 2: Every day is it falls on mind, nothing falls on a Wednesday, not one thing that falls.
Speaker 1: Your personal calendar you sent me and I was like, wow, she ain't kidding. Literally, there's every Wednesday day beside Wednesday.
Speaker 2: So I'm like, i need help because I'm like and it's like, well, I can meet you here. I'm like yeah, but it's the getting them from school, feeding them before going to the It's like it's a having to do that every single day, like and there's same sports the same days, Like I need help well, And I think that's.
Speaker 1: As they kind older where that gets important to be able to have that communication and like things, your needs may change and you'll just work it out together.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I also have like a pin and I don't know if I can't unpin it on here, but I'll tell you guys a little. Sorry, guys, I know you hate when we do that. Maybe one day private unpinned you wind down. Yeah, when we go out, oh yeah in November, which we're going out right before I give birth, so in Wilmington. So get your tickets at Janakramer dot com. Comes yes and hug us. Okay, let's uh, that's it. We will tell your people what you want, what you need, what you feel, Yeah, and do a little cute little random check and like, hey, what do I need to do better at And this is to the one percent of men that listen to this show, okay, and women and women goodbye, bye bye