Speaker 1: Wow, Wow, everybody. It is Thursday, December twelfth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show. We're setting fewer lineups this week. That you're an MG. Marcus Grant, joined by Michael F. Florio and Lakwan Jones. I've I would ask, I mean, I guess I can ask, LaQuan. Have you done an accounting of how many leagues you have made the playoffs?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: And it's not a lot. Actually, it's only about six, six out of the many I told you yesterday.
Speaker 4: You told me you're playing in sure? Can I can I say the number? Can I say it out loud?
Speaker 2: Or just in case Sabrina is listening? No, that's a lot.
Speaker 1: It's more than five, but less than one hundred, So we'll leave it at that. How's your how's your ledger looking there for the postseason? Uh?
Speaker 5: It's this full disclosure. Has been my easily my first year since I've started working here. I've made it. I do double digit leagues. I'm in it in four or five something like if you count dynasty leagues. But most importantly, my wife made the playoffs and has a really good chance of making the championship.
Speaker 1: That's the important part because if that's happening, there will be peace at home and you can live comfortably, and that's great. I'm in double digit leagues. I'm with you, Floyl. This has been one of my worst seasons in a while. I think I'm in two at this point, and like, okay, bizarro, it's bizarre, Like, you know, I could blame the players, or I could blame my own poor management of you know, drafting and roster managing. But I'm gonna blame the players. I was like, I've made good decisions, they played poorly. That's what I'm going with.
Speaker 5: I think it's three now that I three out of like the eleven or twelve, which.
Speaker 1: Is not great, not great, not great great, But it's been a rough year. But we've helped people, and that's the important part. That is our job here is to help people. We're gonna continue to try to help you out with some of our big calls. Four Week fifteen is the playoffs get underway in the majority of fantasy leagues. So let's start with Club dub up the non quarterback who is going to be the top scorer of the week. And again, I don't just feel I rarely look at all of these before the show, like I fill in my portion of it, and then I come back when we do the show and I look at it. So your club dub Lakwan once again is taking me by surprise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm getting the party bus and we're all hitting the club with the Ravens defense because obviously Tom and Devido you gotta pounce on the easy layups. And I was really surprised to see that the Ravens were rostered in less than fifty percent of leagues, which is kind of you know, what they've been doing all seasons, kind of warranted for that. But this week you have to put them in the starting lineus. You have to get him. You're gonna get sack production, possible takeaways, and I think they're going to be able to keep the Giants out of the end zone. So we're looking at huge points this week with the Ravens. DST Wow, all right, look, I follow the logic.
Speaker 1: I will say that, you know, I never thought about it because we've been picking on them so much all year that it's like, you know, like I thought this last week with the Jags and the Titans, and I'm like Bill Levis, but Jaguars, I don't know how to do that, and so that's that's sort of where I am with the Ravens like that, But I appreciate the boldness of the call for sure, Uh, yours Florio a little bit more conventional for your top scorer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fantasy football doesn't always have to be hard. And when I saw this guy was still still out there, I was like, sure, give me Jamar Chase, who I looked at his numbers this week, and I look, everyone knows he's the unquestioned wide receiver one. I don't think he's getting enough credit. There is one wide receiver with it. I mean, no WAD receivers within eighty fantasy points of him.
Speaker 2: There's three within one hundred.
Speaker 5: Like he is lapping the position like CMC did last year running back and Josh Allen, Saquon Barkley. These guys are getting all the accolades. But like Jamar Chase is having the best fantasy season of anyone this year. His average game is a over a touchdown and over one hundred yards. And I know the Tennessee Titans have been a tough defense for wide receivers.
Speaker 2: My reaction to that is like you know that Lebron.
Speaker 5: Gift where he's like, like, Jamar Chase is the greatest wide receiver walking the planet.
Speaker 2: He is going to be absolutely fine.
Speaker 1: To your point, and I looked this up the other day. The gap between Jamar Chase and the number two wide receiver, which is justin Jefferson, it's almost as big as the gap between wide receiver two and wide receiver twenty seven. Like that's that's how much further ahead of everybody else that Jamar Chase is right now. So yeah, that definitely makes a whole lot of sense. I am also like Lakwan taking a raven, but I am again kind of going, look, Florida, you know my theory on low hanging fruit. Low hanging fruit is just as good as the fruit at the top of the tree. You know how the work is hard to get it. So Derrick Henry along those lines is is my pick for the top scorer of the week. This feels like a game where the Ravens will be able to move the ball at will against the Giants, especially if New York can't keep possession, and you know they have a lot of short possessions giving the ball back Eventually that defense is going to wear down and I can imagine in the second half it's a game script that favors Dereck Henry just running the football over like I'm gonna just quote Marshaun Lynch, just run through up his face over and over and over and I don't have enough time for all the overs. But you get the point. Derrick Henry gonna have a big week this week for the Ravens and your fantasy squad. So those are the guys that we think are gonna go big. Now the guys that we are a little bit worried about, like maybe you can't completely get away from them, but you don't really like the situation. Who is your red flag this week, Lukwan, I gotta.
Speaker 2: Go with Jared goof.
Speaker 3: Jared golf So I like to go on, but he might be a goof this week being that you know, the Bills have been really tough on quarterbacks and as of late in the last three games he's just been okay. And in the playoffs, I don't need just okay and think this game is going to shift more towards on the ground to try to take on that attack. But Jared Goffman, you're looking at one of these situations, if you have somebody like a Justin Herbert the pivot to or even a bow Knicks this week, man, I will probably go that way because honestly, the Bills have only allowed four quarterbacks this season over two hundred and fifty yards, So we're looking at a tough situation through the air for Jared Goff. So you know he gets the bench from.
Speaker 1: Me, all right, So no, Jared Goff I think is going to be high scoring. I think if anything, maybe volume sort of helps him. But I get it if you're not really if you're not really confident in starting him against that Bill's defense.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, Floria, you're a red flag.
Speaker 1: Is a guy who at least in my mind, has been kind of at best all year anyway.
Speaker 5: And there was a stretch in the middle of the season where Naji Harris was having his best fantasy run in like three years. What was significant during that stretch was Jalen Warren was not healthy. Since Jalen Warren has returned in the last five games, Nase Harris iss top fourteen Fantasy points. Once he's become a lot more touchdown dependent, he has seen a lot of those valuable passing targets.
Speaker 2: Go to Jalen Warren and then the Eagles.
Speaker 5: Not only are they bottom five and fantasy points and rushing yards allowed two running backs, but they.
Speaker 2: Have a good offense.
Speaker 5: We know that they could easily build a lead against the Steelers, and when the Steelers play from behind, that's when we see Jalen Warren a lot more on the field because he's better pass blocker, he's better pass catcher, all of that. So I have both of them as sits this week, but Naji Harris is obviously the big name. When my thing is always when a player is like a safe floor player, and that's what Harris is. He doesn't bring a high ceiling and you're in a tough matchup, that floor gets lowered and the whole reason you start them kind of goes away. So yeah, I would, I'd be looking to get away from Nause this week if you can.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean looking at Nause.
Speaker 1: I mean generally you're looking at you know, eleven, twelve, thirteen points. Every now and then, he will, you know, maybe dip under that every once in a while.
Speaker 4: He's got two twenty point games.
Speaker 1: Generally, it's just kind of eleven to thirteen, and that's just that range where it's hard to you know, like you don't mean you're not putting him on the waiver wire, but you're also not really excited about starting him. It's just he's just kind of there more than anything. And now the matchup's not good for me. I am waving the red flag about James Cook this week, and again he's another player that it might be hard to get away from necessarily, but there's nothing about this matchup.
Speaker 4: That makes me excited about him.
Speaker 1: If the Bills are going to succeed, I think it's going to be throwing the football. I think it's Josh Allen. I think it's Khalil Shakir. You know, we'll see if Keyon Coleman and or Dalton kin Kid play, but I think that's sort of where it goes. The Lions have been really tough on running backs this season. They're just they're not giving up yards on the ground, they're not giving up rushing touchdowns, and they're not giving up receiving yards to running backs either. So in case you think that maybe you know, if James Cook gets a bunch of targets that maybe that's going to horror help even things out. It just has not been where the Lions are vulnerable this year, so this just feels like a real tough situation for James Cook. I think if you want a bill, you want somebody on the pass catching side of things. If you can find a way to get away from James Cook, maybe you do that this week against Detroit. It's time to drive your line up, presented by the all new hybrid Toyota Camry. Finally, as we close out this edition, let's go with a snore lax Lakwan who is your favorite sleeper in week fifteen.
Speaker 2: Two two out?
Speaker 3: Well is still available in the waiver wire out there, highly available, and it's a short week for DeMarcus Robinson who suffered a shoulder injury, so I think it would be a nice little plug and play to put him in starting lineouts. We know how the forty nine ers and Rams play, it's always going to be tensions high. I honestly think this is going to be a high scoring game for the Rams, so therefore to tow a well coming in clutching big moments we saw last week on that four and five. You know Stafford likes to rely on him when he's stuck back against the wall, so he gets his fantasy points in chunks, and even in the last three games with only thirty seven percent into snaps, he's eight for eight on targets and catches and has more receiving yards than DeMarcus Robinson. So if DeMarcus Robinson not playing, this is going to be a situation where two tuo abo could be very useful for fantasy managers.
Speaker 1: He did have some big catches when the Niners and Rams played at Sofi Stadium early in the year, so keep an eye on him. As you mentioned, de Marcus Robinson a little bit banged up, so could be more opportunities for at well there. Meanwhile, I'm looking at your snorlax Flora, I have to ask, are you being honest here? Is this how you really feel about this player? Are you perhaps being a little bit facetious about this guy?
Speaker 5: The exact opposite of that, I'm being sincere about my boy McCormick, because I've been like trying to pound the table for this guy the last couple of weeks and it's come to fruition. Like last week, he played sixty percent in the snaps, had eighteen opportunities ten. He was like a ten and a half Fantasy points or something around that, which isn't the best, but if you it's one of those situations where if you go back and watch him, you're probably more impressian if you.
Speaker 2: Just looked at the box score.
Speaker 5: He averaged over five yards per carry in each of his last three games. He keeps getting more and more volume. He has shown to be a physical runner who has some explosiveness. He's not like Jamar Jamiir Gibbs or anything like that, but for a big guy, he's got some speed. And Antonio Pierce has come out and said that he has earned the work and what even I think isn't getting enough attention, as Antonio Pierce said that Alexander Madison was inactive last week as a numbers game, like it wasn't he wasn't healthy or anything like that. Since here, McCormick has fully taken over this backfield. Gets a solid matchup this week against the Falcons, but then gets the Jaguars and the Saints. So yeah, someone that could certainly help you in the fantasy playoffs.
Speaker 4: Our pile.
Speaker 1: Patrick Claybon has started calling him honest Spice, So you know when when Scary, Sporty Baby Ginger and Posh decide to go back on tour, they get add a sixth Spice to their group.
Speaker 4: They can have honest Spice to bring in.
Speaker 3: Would be proud that you know all their names because I only know Sporty Spice.
Speaker 1: Really Hey, look, that was like they were big during you know, like my college years.
Speaker 4: So like it hit, you know, it definitely hit.
Speaker 1: It hit. It hit a spot may or may not have had a big crush on Scary Spice.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to act like I haven't seen the movie Spice World.
Speaker 1: That what it is something like that I did not expect to get on this tangent they get out of Spice World. I'll tell you what I want, what I really really want. I want you to start Rico Dowdell this week in your fantasy leagues because he he's kind of a sleeper. He's he's on the edge of sleeperdom. Like the way he has played the last few weeks, He's just becoming a guy that you can start consistently as a running back to the Cowboys. Thankfully have decided that the Ezekiel Elliott experiment is basically over. Zeke gets in the game every once in a while just to sort of give Dowdell a rest, but it's a parent who is the running back one now there in Dallas, Dowdell has been playing some really good football over the last few weeks, back to back games with over one hundred rushing yards. Even before that he had eighty six rushing yards. Is getting a little bit or not an extraordinary amount of work, but a little bit of work in the passing game, but more importantly just running the.
Speaker 4: Ball really really well.
Speaker 1: As the best possible matchup you could imagine for a running back this week going against the Carolina Panthers, So you know this, at this point, it's hard to make a case against Rico Dowdell. I mean, next week he's got the Bucks. Week seventeen, they end at Philadelphia, so the matchup is not great, but the way he's being used, it's just hard to imagine getting away from Dowdell at any point for the rest of the season.
Speaker 4: So there it is.
Speaker 1: That was Drive Your Lineup presented by the all new hybrid Toyota Camri.
Speaker 4: Whatever your vibe, it's a camera vibe. Learn more at Toyota Dot com slash Camri. Those are our sleepers for Week fifteen.
Speaker 2: That is our quick overall look.
Speaker 1: At some of the superlatives four Week fifteen. So the playoffs underway. Best of luck to all of you out there. That'll do it for this edition of the NFL Fantasy Football Podcast. Stay happy, safe and healthy, do good and live well. Enjoy Thursday night football. Good luck in the fantasy playoffs, and we will talk to you tomorrow.
Speaker 5: Warm, warm,