Speaker 1: Cool Zone Media.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Akadappa here, a podcast where your host wakes up every morning and rolls a d six to determine whether the government wants to exterminate her for being trans, autistic or Chinese. This week I am your host, be a long. We have rolled the dice. This week is autism week, and by autism week, I mean anti autism week. The Trump administration or specifically orifica junior promise at the beginning is like April roughly that they were going to find the cause of autism by the end of the summer. And they are claiming that the cause of autism is taking tail and all when you're pregnant, and that's not true. And to talk about how unbelievably vile and unhinged this is is Crystal, who's a unionized abortion care worker who is also a clozilla on Blue Sky and a friend of the show, done many things. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you so much, Mea. It's always so wonderful to come and talk about horrifying things with you and be filled with existential dread together.
Speaker 2: It's so good, And by good, I mean the worst thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 3: I'm like this is such a great time to be a trans, non binary abortion care worker. I just love I love like being hated in so many different ways. You just like a rich tapestry of hatred towards you. It's really great, so good.
Speaker 2: So okay, that's actually kind of where I want to start about this is that most of the media coverage of this has been purely focusing on the tail and al causing autism, well especifically that causing autism. And I want to point out because most of the news articles that cover this simply do not mention this. They are also claiming that taking tailanol if you're pregnant causes ADHD, a thing which you think would be noteworthy to point out, but has just not. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know why people are reading the transcript. I don't know why, but they're not.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I actual I hadn't seen that part.
Speaker 3: Like I was literally just reading and observing like this the pregnancy and what that means for you know, pregnant people, and I like didn't see any of the ADHD stuff, So that was new when you brought that up to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's just not being reported on. It's really baffling. So I want to before we sort of busy get into the wait, hold on, why the fuck are they doing this? What is happening here? Because and as Chris All going to say, actually toile it all is safe for people who are pregnant, It's fine. But I want to go over a bit of like what's actually in this because it's a really really weird. We're going to be getting more into the sort of like into the autism angle in another episode next week, but I want to talk a little bit about just like the actual stuff that was in this announcement where Trump is saying that a you shouldn't give towle all to pregnant people and also saying like you shouldn't give it to like young children, and is like, you know, it's like ranting about like mercury aluminum in vaccines, which like this shit isn't real, Like there hasn't even been anything that even remotely related to mercury vaccines for ages. It also never did anything, but this is all weird. Andrew Wakefield special shit. He also has this thing where he's talking about like how you should separate the MMR vaccines, which is a thing that if you have seen the h bomber Guy video, you will know the reason that that was an anti vax talking point was because Wakefield was selling separate vaccines, and so he was trying to convince parents that having all three of the vaccines at once to give their kids autism. But if he did it separately, it wouldn't through scientific things that don't make any sense, even according to his own incredibly made up bullshit. Wakefield, by the way, is the guy who sort of kicked off the modern anti vaccine movements by abusing a bunch of children and publishing an incredibly fake study and then getting it retracted and then getting his let midical license attracted because it was incredibly fake and abused children. So Trump is sort of just repeating the stuff that he's like vaguely remembers. There's this a whole bunch of this sort of like stuffy vaguely remembers like he's he's he goes on a random rant about like how Cuba doesn't have thailot all, so they don't have autism, and that homage people and this is the one that goes around laws like, oh, people don't have autism because they don't take drugs, and it's like, oh my god. I also just I want to read a quote from RFK Junior about this, which, again and I want to point this out, the actual point of this thing is announcing that the FDA is not going to recommend that you take a set of metaphine or tailand all if you're pregnant. I'm just gonna read this, and I'm gonna ask if you can figure out what the link between this and thailo All is. This is from RFK Junior quote. President Trump believes that we should be listening to these mothers instead of gas lighting and marginalizing them, marginalizing them like prior administrations. Some of our friends like to say, we should believe all women. Some of these same people have been silencing and demonizing these mothers for three decades because research onto potent link between autism and vaccines has been suppressed in the past.
Speaker 3: So is this basically talking about kind of like the celebrity anti vax people and like the grifters.
Speaker 2: And yeah, yeah, it's like I can't believe that. Oh, I mean I can believe, but like a the fact that RFK Junior noted repeatedly accused of sexual assault, and whose response when asked to about it was quote, I have a lot of skeletons in my closet, is doing believe all women? But about vaccines causing autism?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean it's only just like a talking point that they can use in their favor, he is, it's never actually about you know it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh god? And I like that, like this is just like the average thing in this speech that isn't barely even getting use coverage.
Speaker 3: I mean there's also what Trump said as well, which oh yeah, because I've seen a lot of that too, And it's like between what Trump said and what RFK Junior said, it's like what where do you even like where does the media focus? Like, how do you explain this to the American audience?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's ridiculous. And then they also brought in Marty mcerray, who's the commissioner of the FDA, who has a giant rants about how, like I learned in medical school, just treat fevers, low grade fevers with the seed of metaphine. Why what are we doing? A STUDI out of Hopkins actually showed treating a fever can prolong the duration of illness in a young child. Maybe that's because fever is a body's natural way of ridding an infection.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well that's absolutely not true.
Speaker 3: I mean there's like we know that like fevers are dangerous for young children and pregnant people.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, I don't, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's just it's just total made up bullshit, Like it's just eugenics, right, Like they're they're like, oh, no, you shouldn't actually do anything to treat the illnesses because if the child is strong, then like they'll go through it naturally and they'll become stronger. And it's like, no, that's eugenics. Yeah.
Speaker 3: This goes for the pregnancy of it all too, because it's about being able to suffer and enduring. And it's the same case, the same kind of like puritanical survival of the fittest eugenic shit, whether you're talking about pregnancy or you're talking about like literally young children who have fevers, same same like approach.
Speaker 2: Yeah. This also links directly back to what they're trying to do here, right, because the thing that they're trying to do is get rid of autistic people. Yeah, like they don't want there to be children born with autism. Yeah, and in order to do this, they are willing to not take vaccines, they are willing to well, I mean, I guess, I guess I guess I should say not letting pregnant people take TYL and all is really truly the most some of you must die. But that's sacrifice I'm willing to make thing that I've ever seen. But it's you know, it's absolutely hideous there. It's like, yeah, these people, they don't want autistic kids to be born, you know. And that's also just straight up part of the eugenics thing that the project that they're doing. Right there's on the one hand, the sort of pure survival of the fittest, fuck them kids, let them just die of fevers, and then on the other hand there's the just active like, oh, we're just gonna do all this stuff that we think will just make it there not be autistic kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they definitely care more about their being less autistic children than there are about actually, like you know, addressing infant mortality. Yeah, and it's definitely it's treating autism as in something that can be prevented by the choice of the parents, as opposed to it just being something that some people are born that way. Also, you know, same with being queer and trans and all these things. It's this idea that you can like choose it that you can, like, if the parents are strong enough and they can endure enough pain and they can suffer enough, and if they, you know, make the right choices, then they can avoid having a child with autism. And it's not really that dissimilar than like, oh, what to do if you like have a queer child, a trans child. It's this idea that like that is something that can be controlled and eliminated, which is eugenics, which is you know, as you've been saying, so definitely.
Speaker 2: Uh, do you know what isn't eugenics?
Speaker 4: The products and services? I would really hope, so fucking hope.
Speaker 2: I really I don't know. I cannot. I don't know what these ads are going to be if they are eugenics, let us know at I write okay on Twitter in blue sky Actually I don't know if you still on Twitter, I have no idea, but on their in ages, woo, these ads. We are back. So let's talk about specifically the don't use Thailand all of it all. Can you talk a bit about just like the importance of thailand all and pain management for pregnant people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I've bet like there's definitely probably people out there who are like, why tail and all? Why did they choose this? Like where did this come from? Is it because Trump can't say a sentimenaphin? You know a lot of people have been you know, speculating, And first off, I do want to say that autism predates tile and all, like oh, like thilan all like came to be in like the nineteen fifties, and you know, autism existed before that and has probably already always been around to some degree, which we don't know.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's it's a very complex and we're still you know, there's been so much stigma around it for so long that it's difficult to talk about. But thilanol is basically one of the only pain medications that pregnant people can take, and that's why it's til and all. I think that that is the way of looking at this, where it's like, why did they single out this medication? And it's because it's the only pain medication that a pregnant person can take, because as we know, there's other pain medications. Like the end SAIDs like hyberprofen and nepoxen, and then of course there's opioids, which is obviously not good during pregnancy the course, talk to your doctor, because I'm not a doctor. You should always get this from doctors. Talk to your obgian but en sets are typically not recommended in the last three months of pregnancy because they can cause issues with amniotic fluid and baby's kidneys and things like that. So it is typically recommended that you avoid iyboprofen and other things like that, and you take tile and all to reduce fevers, to reduce pain. Obviously, there is a lot to be sick with when you're pregnant.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of source of pain.
Speaker 3: You know, Fever and headaches are definitely something that pregnant people experience. But pretty much like because it is the only pain medication that pregnant people can take, then it's really easy to be like, oh, well, what are they taking? This is what they're taking, and then you can go from there. And this is very much coming from It feels so weird saying this coming from like a biblical sense of like Eve in the Apple, Eve is the original sinner. I think, I don't know, like you know, Eve did the bad thing. So Eve needs to suffer during pregnancy. All women need to suffer during pregnancy. That is a very much like a very biblical take on this, And I think that is kind of why why tile and all, because it's what pregnant people are taking to reduce pain and to address views.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I want to read a quote from the Commissioner of the FDA that he gave while he was speaking about this, where he says, quote, when my wife was pregnant and delivered our son a few months ago, they pushed her to take a seat of metapine for a low grade fever. She said no, And then they looked at me and I said, absolutely no. I'm also here to announce good news today. The FDA is filing a Federal registered notice to change the label on an exciting treatment called prescription lokovin so it can be available the children with autism. So you could see, like how casually is do like just doing this like no, no, no, no, no no. Yeah, Like I'm really proud of my wife for saying no to taking tyle lenol for a fever, and like they also look look at this and it's like the like, oh, they pushed her to take a seat of medaphine for a low grade fever. It's like that's an extremely normal thing for a doctor to say to you, Like, take tailanol for your fever is like the least like medically invasive thing a doctor can possibly recommend. Like what are we doing here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really basic medicine. And also like there's like there's a ways to profit off of this too, because if you can't take any pain medication when you're pregnant, but you can take I think they were recommending something like I don't even know it was like something fallic acid thingy. They were recommending that you take something which obviously now can be like profit off of and sold. This is a very capitalist, very grifter approach to medicine and healthcare because obviously, always talk to your doctor and your obgian about taking any medication when you're pregnant, Like, talk to your doctor.
Speaker 4: They're going to be the best source of information.
Speaker 2: So the folic acid thing is a lekoverin, which is a medicine for anemia and counteracting the effects of chemotherapy meds.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wouldn't.
Speaker 2: And then there's specifically like, oh, this will stop your children from having autism. Okay, no it won't.
Speaker 4: No, no, no no.
Speaker 3: I mean like there are there are respected organizations speaking up right now kind of like about like the facts, about the studies, about what's real. So there's like Physicians for Reproductive Health, you know, saying like there's decades of study of studies of thailand all being safe to take during pregnancy. There's ACOG, which is a big professional membership organization of like tens of thousands of obgyns saying like, hey, thailand all is safe during pregnancy. So there's been decades of studies on tailanol use and pregnancy. Some of the studies published in the Journal of the American Medical Association that says how safe it is is, so like it is it is, it is safe. It is absolutely one hundred percent safe to take to treat pain and fever during pregnancy. So, like you know, in terms of like who can you look to, like, definitely look at the obgyns right now and what they're saying and the physicians and these respective organizations, because they're going to tell you the truth. But the problem is that that this information is not reaching the public.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and instead, yeah, they're just getting the President of the United States and all of these just weird conspiracy people that they've installed as the people running the US medical establishment, being like, oh no, actually this is really bad for you for reasons.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's all very vague, it's not really backed by like decades of medical research. And like also too, there's so many people who have not taken any medication during pregnancy and they still have children who are autistic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's just like it's just absolutely ridiculous. And like any way you look at the number, like in terms of you know, if you look at like the increasing race of tile and all usage by pregnant people versus like autistic kids, it's not like the timely usage goes up way higher and then the artistic numbers don't change that much relative to it. It's just like it's all just the nonsense.
Speaker 3: Well, so there is the eugenics of it all, and there's also the aspect that we've been dealing with with the rampant abortion bands and the criminalization of pregnancy that we've been seeing over honestly over the decades. It's about controlling bodies. And like this is also with trans healthcare too, Like it it's about it's about eugenics, about kind of this necropolitics of choosing who lives and dies and being able to choose everything about a person's body, even how they're just stated, you know, like oh, the parents shouldn't take this and they shouldn't do this, And then it opens up when it comes to control and surveillance and criminalization of a pregnant person that can go in so many different directions because you know they're telling you not to take tile, and al if they just randomly chose tilanol, they can randomly choose anything. They could talk about epidurals, because there is like this idea that you should suffer and that you shouldn't treat fever and that you should experience pain during pregnancy, just like that one quote that you shared about his wife. So they're going to like start targeting other things. And also there's already so much criticism and control and judgment and stigma over things like if you're working while you're pregnant, if you're drinking coffee while you're pregnant, if you're eating certain things. There's already so much like policing over pregnant bodies without even touching on abortion. But like they're also trying to control how you even dispose of pregnancies, like if you're looking at the states that are requiring you to call the police if you have a miscarriage, so that it's like they want to control how you miscarry, how you have an abortion. Worth noting too, because this is absolutely connected to abortion and abortion pills. If the government is coming out and saying that taile and all causes autism and it's not safe to take while you're pregnant or to use to treat a fever in young children, then they can also say things like the abortion pill is not safe because they've been trying to get the FDA to take away the approval of Mithipristoe saying that it's dangerous. And you know, if they're going to say that tail and all is dangerous and causes autism, then it's like it's going to be so easy for them to say that the abortion pill is deadly as well.
Speaker 2: And they've already been doing this with vaccines in terms of like like they've they've been restricting access to vaccines to people without pre existing conditions, which admittedly is a lot of people. Like the list of pre existing conditions is really long and you should just try to get them anyways. But like, yeah, like this isn't a hypothetical. They are already doing this with vaccines, a thing that we do all need in order to not get horribly sick and die from plagues, a thing which there are many of right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think that this definitely goes to show how topics like abortion and early pregnancy loss and miscarriage and abortions later in pregnancy, like the way they've been talking about this has spread to all aspects of pregnancy, and it's spreading to other areas too, Like so when we haven't addressed the bands and the stigma and the criminalization, it's been spreading. It's spread to vaccines, it's spreading to trans healthcare. It's just it's just I feel like I've been watching this black hole just grow and grow and grow over the years and just take away our access to these to these really basic medical things. And yeah, like I just see, like we let it happen with abortion and then now all of a sudden, now we can't take tail and all during pregnancy because it caused autism. Yep, there's so much to say about the eugenics and autism aspect of this.
Speaker 4: So much to say more than like we can say right now.
Speaker 2: Don't worry. There will be another episode of this show about yeah, with some doctors next week probably.
Speaker 3: It's like focusing right now on like pregnancy and policing pregnant bodies and tailanol and pain management and what's real the fact that TAILANL is safe to take while pregnant and doesn't cause autism.
Speaker 4: You know, it's really dwelling on that.
Speaker 3: But like there is a lot to say, There's a lot to say about the implications of this, where like where this came from in our society and where it's going.
Speaker 4: And it's all really horrifying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's it's exceptionally bleak. But I do think and this is I think a theme we're going to be returning to a lot in the coming days and weeks. But like, the only silver lining for this is that this ship is not popular. It's just not People hate it. People hate the administration. They have been hating the station. Every day it goes by, they hate it more, you know, And this is part of the control strategy, right, part of the reason why they're making these incredibly draconian moves into like authoritarian moves into the domestic spheres, because it's a way of suppressing descent, and they have to do that. They have to suppress dessense, and they have to take things from us, and they have to continue to try to just beat everyone into submission because they can't do it through actual persuasion. What they have is the violence of the state, and they're going to try to keep doing that. But the violence of the state only functions insofar as people allow it to function, you know, And this has always been sort of the secret of the United States, which is that like a bunch of the things that they're doing, or they're attacked as that cracked downs that they're attempting to do, are effectively unenforceable because people simply refuse to cooperate with them. And you know, this is a field well, I mean, I don't know until they just straight up ban tile and all. This is a thing where I guess we're mostly just trying to spread information. But like the things that they do can be opposed, and when people oppose them on mass, they lose. And I don't know, I want to give people a little tiny bit of hope.
Speaker 4: You want to be positive.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So the deterioration of public health in the United States is absolutely state violence.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Focusing on thaile andol and stigmatizing autism and people with autism is like distracting from so many things that are actual public health emergencies. So when they're talking about pregnancy, they're talking about tilenel and autism. There are so much more severe things going on in the United States right now when it comes to both the health of pregnant people and infants. So there's the Black maternal mortality crisis, which is so severe in so many states that is just constantly, like abortion bands have made that even worse. There's terrible infant mortality rates rising in states. So for example, Mississippi declared infant dense and emergency because they halted that CDC information data collection program. So Mississippi declared a public health emergency from rising informortality. And there's also, I mean, I believe that the abortion bands are a medical crisis as well. And there's also huge obgyn deserts in this country, Like we're seeing like the loss of obgyn health providers where people can't access a obgyn for miles and miles and miles and there's just entirely a lack of providers. These are all very very serious public health emergencies, and yet they're talking about autism.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, and also as such as they're talking about is they're making all of these crises worse, like specifically the opgyn crisis. It's like, yeah, I don't know, they've been kicking a bunch of people off of their access to of their access to government insurance, and like what does that do? Oh wait, hold on, It just absolutely and nice relates the income and revenue base of a bunch of hospitals that already like weren't making much money in rural areas, and so more of them close because they lease their revenue sources, and suddenly all of these crises just continue to get worse.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we have like this stigmatization of autism, parents of autistic children, trans people, trans children, when like they're focusing on this and they're vilifying and dog piling and stigmatizing and and all of these things these groups. While there is this snowballing of crises, the damage already just from Roe v. Wade being overturned in twenty twenty two, Like it's like been three years and there's just been this like cascading just ever increasing the public health disasters from it, and yet we're we're stigmatizing vulnerable people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the ways that we've been talking about, right. Their ideology is about inflicting suffering on vulnerable people because they think that it's good, and that's a thing that's you know, i mean just obviously incompatible with public health as a concept, which is you know, part of why they're sort of dismantling it. Part of it is that these people are all like selling their own weird anti vaccine grift stuff that they've been selling for years and years and years and years, and all of this has just sort of come together into just the sort of abyss where all everything that was the public health infrastructure in this country, which was insufficient to begin with, i'd just been disappearing more and more into.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the erosion of our public health. You know, this isn't like new, these decades of you know, this coming into being where we are right now. But it's been really horrible to watch as a healthcare worker, as somebody who cares about just like everyone being able to get like evidence based care, have access to medical providers, and then also the ability to do whatever kind of health care they need to be able to do on their own as well, to just have this solid medical information. And then also like there's the public education of it all too, because already, like there's this attack on public education, which autistic children need a lot of support in order to thrive, and schools are you know, they could be equipped to do that where I've seen wonderful programs and wonderful education services that really set people up for success. And this goes for like everyone obviously, like any child is going to benefit from this, but it just it makes everything so much worse, Like parents and families and just autistic people just don't get enough support period, just like trans people as well. And then we're all just being thrown under the bus for the capitalist class and the elites so they can continue to like you know, hide their pedophilia rings and like the whole just the fact that they're all like because like what you said earlier about rfay, Yeah, these are all a bunch of child molesters telling us that we're not strong or brave enough to endure pain that we can easily treat with the medical technology that we have ye, And I feel like I normally, I feel like I used to not talk like this. I used to not be like child molesters in the government, Like I kind of feel like, but I'm like, this is literally.
Speaker 4: Where we are right now somehow.
Speaker 3: So here I am, like, you know, talking about tile and all being safe for pregnant people, tail and all not causing autism, and then talking about the fact that our government is wrung run by a bunch of pedophiles. Not quite where I expected to be if you had talked to me like eight years ago.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's really something.
Speaker 4: It's it's really wild to be talking about this right now.
Speaker 3: And like we knew this was coming too, Like there's been months of whispers where it's like, oh, yeah, they're going to say til and all causes autism. So like this, I knew this was coming somehow. I don't even know how. It's just yeah, I feel like it's all very transparent, like there's leagues and there's whatever. But I like, I knew this was coming for months, and yet here we are.
Speaker 2: Here we are, yeah, And I don't know, I think that's as good for a place to end, unless you have anything else you want to make sure you get.
Speaker 3: In I just want to say again that it's safe to take tile and all during pregnancy and it doesn't cause autism.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, and tell everyone.
Speaker 3: You know that and share good resources like ACOG acog Physicians for Reproductive Health PRH I believe is their initials acronym.
Speaker 2: We will put links to stuff in the description of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and also ask your doctor about medication that you should take, whether you're pregnant or not. You know, it's cool to ask your doctor stuff, like, just ask them questions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, that is what they are there for.
Speaker 1: It Could Happen Here is a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website coolzonmedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you.
Speaker 2: Listen to podcasts.
Speaker 1: You can now find sources for It Could Happen here listed directly in episode descriptions. Thanks for listening.