Speaker 1: Hey, it's speedy, and this is Ricking Bubba's greatest tips, flashing back through thirty one years of Radio Gold every Saturday morning, wherever you get your podcast, it's Ricking Bubba's greatest.
Speaker 2: Tis Ricking Bubba, Ricking Bubba.
Speaker 3: Coming back from the four Days vacation, the real Greg Burgess. He missed his encounter here with Tyler the Angry cyclist, and I saw it the old video. Excellent. Took his family to the wharf, the beautiful Gulf Coast there in the Inner Coastal Waterway. So we stayed there a few hours and we go back to the room and boy, everybody's ready to get in there, you know, and a little wind a little and I'll sad. Now Lasa is digging in that bag. I always hander everything, and there's no key to get in or are the keys are in the rum? So I said, what'd you do with it? Pretty good? You know, mean what'd you do with the key? Well, you didn't get I gave you the key. I thought I was convinced I gave you. Yeah, White Shoes was upset, so I'm just going I said, I haven't. Yeah, I told her, you've lost the key. You know, she said, you didn't give me the key, which, now, in my defense, she's she goes to that immediately, even when I am right, you know, immediately.
Speaker 4: Did you tell her I gave you the key to the room and the key to my heart?
Speaker 3: Exactly at that point she didn't want to hear anything. Did you say, I'm not sure where the key is. I was having a beer summon over doe age little line mixed in, uh, but you know and no, but her tone wouldn't. She didn't want to hear anything like that. What you're saying is though, But in the past, no matter whether you're right or not, she always goes, oh yeah. We call it the wife's book of blank and again a lot. That's my fault because in the past I have established a trend. Yeah, I understand, she knows there's a pattern. So I go, well, let's go back and look. So I walked to the to the thettle girl lets you in no way sis. I said, look, can I go back in there and look the little tram back? Oh yeah? And I said can I go? She goes, well, you know, somebody turned one in. I said, ooh good, I said, you got it. Here, wasn't no other security guy. I took it with it, now did How did Lisa say you had lost it? You? She claimed? She said, I tell you what you've done. You stuck in your pocket? And I said no, because I knew I was going swimming. I said I would have felt to swim with that. That's right, said, There's no way about that I made this statement. I said, I may ask. I said, I don't think I did this, but I was looking at these T shirts on the way, and maybe I set it by those T shirts. Sure, but I ain't stuck in my pocket and swam because I felt it.
Speaker 5: Now I got in the water. That's a rookie mistake.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't do that anyway. So the girl says, hey, security guys got it, and they called I tell in the room. Yeah, I think that's it. Go to the front. I could go out to the little meat, the place you go when you welcome center.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 3: I had a lot of hopping around. Huh. Of course he's not there yet, so I'm waiting and uh he Finally he arrives and a Lisa's still sitting in the car. I'm out waiting. You know you're in the car now, yeah. I went back, got the car, drove to the thing. You know, the tram. W was gonna just run me wherever I need and that got right now out and right now they got wet bathing suits. Only we're going about an hour case. All right, sir, we're about an hour out from when we wanted to get in the room. Okay, Oh yeah, it's it's so here. It comes with this with this uh, with this security uniform and is uh sparryhead. I was glad to see him, and I said, hey, look straight up, just let me ask you this subtle argument. I said, we're trying to figure out who lost caad. Where'd you find it? He said, in the pool? And I said, so I go, I'm not telling her way right, I'm keeping that there you go. I saw that away he walking to the car. Here he comes, follows me.
Speaker 5: I can ask you before he tells her the truth? What was going to be? What were you gonna swear?
Speaker 3: I gonna say that we found it in the sand over by where she was sitting. And when you were reaching in the bag that I thought I told you to put it in, you were knocked it out, okay, And.
Speaker 4: You were gonna follow it up with it could happen to anyone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really nice about it. Right. So now though he's following you to the so he's fighting the car, so I gotta fast up. So here he comes and I think, well, he's just gonna have fun and bust me. You know what he did because I told him, I said, and my wife, And so he's laughing. He goes, so he follows me. He opens it up and he goes, well, first of all, I was looking for his wife. You must be his daughter. Yeah, yeah, there you go here, and my wife is pretty and she has aged a lot better than I. Well I'm a year older. True, I'm a year old than her. He goes, my, goods, what'd you do go? Did you pick her up out of junior high when you was in high school? Or is all this jump like that? And I start listen. Then he starts hacking on my hair, turning gray in the fact that's thin and yeah, alright, So not only is he hitting on my wife, he's trashing lost key and the whole time he's busting me about losing the keys. The worst what's the worst case was the kids love? I say, not, your kids are teenagers? They just were dying. The dad he was busting on your hair now, didn't have a Safari helmet on now. But we're having fun.
Speaker 4: Friendly, he was.
Speaker 3: He it was a good one on his part. He's a great guy.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 4: I mean, Greg can't be happy, Tyler the angry cyclist. He's mad about that, and somebody's trying to be nice.
Speaker 3: He's mad. No, this guy was super nice. Of course it was. Of course he used that famous and you know, I thought it was you. I said, come on, you got to get a better line than that.
Speaker 5: Of course you're still wet and you want to get the room.
Speaker 3: But he told her, he said, hey, look, don't let him tell you that. He said he was found in the pool. Don't let him tell you no different. And she just looked at me like I told you. I said, you're busted. I love how you said. Now, look I might have lost it. I'll give you that, but I ain't jumping in the pool. He ain't went that far. I was pretty adamant. I didn't lose it. I really, I'm sure you were.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you were.
Speaker 6: But you know, there's no worse feeling because when you go to the pool or you go and you're out at the beach and you get back to the room, that whole walk there, you're thinking, I'm getting back a swim and suit off. I'm gonna, you know, take a shower whatever. I'm gonna throw my feet up on the cat. I'm just gonna.
Speaker 5: And boy, you get to that door and you're like, hey.
Speaker 3: Yeah, listen, she was digging in that awful feeling. She's a threat to go. It ain't in here, and it was, you know, so you ain't looking. And then I look at it.
Speaker 5: Probably a little little little, a little mad you said that.
Speaker 3: I was like, what, let me let me let me say this. I'm so prone to lose the room keys when you check in. When they say how many keys you need? I say, how many do you allow? I'll take as many of them as you'll give me, because I know we're gonna lose at least one. Right.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you, is this a burgess thing? And you know where he's at.
Speaker 3: I signed keys to everybody in the family, so if one gets lost, then there's always one that you can get back in the door with everybody's gotten stuffed everywhere. But you know, yeah, you better have back up. But I look, and they got them little censors on those keys. So if you do lose one and it and found, hey, you're responsible for that little censor. And it's not cheap.
Speaker 5: So Daddy was worried about that.
Speaker 3: So even though I got busted, I was so relieved that he found it. I didn't care that he busted me, right, and he was just having fun. It was.
Speaker 5: So when you got back in the.
Speaker 3: Car and and I heard it all the way to the parking deck, well I knew it. I told you. I told you that you put it in your pants and you went swimming, and I did. I didn't think i'd even lost it, but I knew I didn't have my pants. I knew that. Little have you did it freak you out? Since you were so confident, I was hammocking just a little too much. I know what I'm saying is Greg did it?
Speaker 4: I mean you appear to be a little confused on all this.
Speaker 3: Went to the summit When I was in me who else was in theother hammocks? Was it Professor Gates? It was the leader of the free world over there. Stand up was big hearted Joe trying to get it, trying to get your beer, nuts Samuel Adams. Yeah, yeh yeh.
Speaker 4: Which, by the way, on I feel like if that kid had a Couris logo, Greg.
Speaker 3: Get caught up in the beach? Out so little its easy to get caught up in the beach. Did little Greg go park the car? Oh yeah? Did you even see over the dash? I mean, what was I gonna side lit Greg out when he said it was found in the pool. You know, when he said it's found the pool, there was nobody responsible for me. I was on the pool. Well all right, monsigned on my pasta when I dropped on the pool. Oh look there's little Greg. I'm so slid pulp. She's still talking about I mean, gonna stimb on a little tollable I did. I just want to work out for her. Of course she had to say, of course, we're finally in the room after an hour. And then everybody blames you for any kind of chafing they may have. Listen, I was. I even took a tone when she couldn't find it in the bag. Where's it at you? You's in the back. You took a tone kind of like you were blaming her.
Speaker 5: Go from Big Greg to little Greg, just like in an instant.
Speaker 3: How came you checking you back? I tell you one thing, I know, I know I did not get in the pool with it. Well I found okay anyway, with sives of love, ricking bubba, ricking bubba. So I'm trying to get to the Creation Museum and I just can't get there. And so we're now in Charlotte. We finally get over to the gate. We've been delayed all the way, supposed to have been in Cincinnati at the airport at three forty five. Uh, and now we're still not there. And it's ten thirty Eastern time. Uh, and we're we're in Charlotte or ten and we're getting ready to load. And of course, me knowing I'm shuffling, I'm watching. I see the guy moving around. I see him going for the microphone. I tell sheriff said, here it comes, Oh, here it comes those of you that are trying to take flight so and so, so and so into the Cincinnati airport. We regret to inform you that we're going to be delayed. And I said, good, good, not look at that. And then this is the Segon when they get you with the weather. But their new one is the crew mystery your crew has been misplaced, is delayed, and they're working their way from their gate, so we'll hopefully get you loaded in about twenty minutes.
Speaker 4: Could you understand what they were saying on the on the intercom.
Speaker 3: Came a lot of.
Speaker 4: Times I think they could say anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm losing you've lost your crew.
Speaker 4: And we'll try to find I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Right right, and I'm I'm like, good, good Gray. So now now I'm just that he said it because the plane is at the gate, and that that that that takes you to a place. And again, different airlines do it different ways. If I could say one thing to usay or when you when you don't make the time you're supposed to depart, will you please change the sign? Please change the sign, because it really kills us to keep looking like we're an hour past the time it's supposed to depart and it's still on the board that we're departing that time. That didn't happen, So take it off the sign to keep. And the thing is, they won't just tell you that it's going to be a while. They always give you these these horrib these numbers that give you hope. Well, we're supposed to be a take off at ten thirty. We'll try to get up maybe ten forty five. Well that just come back, tea, just come back and go. That's not gonna happen. You won't say we don't know when we're leaving. We don't know. We just because we've because we've lost the crew. And here's the time where I thought that I was going to end up not even making it to the Creation Museum. They load us onto the plane, the devil, don't you get there? They load us onto the plane. Finally at midnight, at midnight, at midnight, at midnight, we're on the plane. We're gonna land. When we're gonna land now at one fifty am.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness. Okay, that's fighting time.
Speaker 3: Happens after me I came out, I've got children. And now we're supposed to be picked up the next morning at seven thirty. Oh, because you can't sleep on a plane, right, So anyway, you ain't got a car yet. And here's where the final straw nearly broke Daddy's back, because I know, and Sheerry's told me. She goes, why do you always have to put your radar up? And here what everybody's saying. I said, well, I gotta know what they're saying. I gotta know if they care, because that's really all I ask is if you care. Hear the pilots starting to complain. I tell you one thing, I'm saying, they don't know how long I've been working today, and if they don't get their butts on this on this plane and I better have anybody whatever. Hey, they may I walk off this plane. Flight attendants complaining, which, by the way, on the crew is missing. Thing. They said, our crew was missing. These two flight attendants I had seen only a few hours earlier walking around the airport. Not sure I believe that by the way I saw them. I saw them. I saw Burgess radar with Yeah, I said, no, no, I saw these people. They've been here. But anyway, so.
Speaker 5: Now crew's missing is a good excuse?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: That not.
Speaker 3: I shouldn't you be concerned if the crew is missing. Listen, they begin to complain now that they're gonna have to fly and that they're gonna have to the service start being rude about it on the microphone. I'll tell you what now, y'all need to get on a plane and don't be hassling around. Y'all need to get in here to sit down and start being quiet. Uh, we've had a long day, and that was it. That was it. That was it. That was it showed out there, whoa, whoa you said this out loud. Hey, there's one big difference. There's one big difference. We've all been tortured for today, and we paid to be tortured. You're getting paid to work the day like today. You had a hard day, I'll give you that, but you get paid for it. We paid to be treated like this. So I don't think I'm gonna take a speech from from from from you on what a hard day you have. Okay, we we've had. We've had a hard day. We've met we been, you know, we we we've been. We've been stranded all over Creation on what should be a simple trip from Birmingham to Cincinnati. My goodness, I didn't ask you to take me to the unknown areas of Uganda, Okay. I simply asked that you take us to Cincinnati so my kids can go to the Creation Museum and worship the Lord. That's right, big guy, with you beer. And I'm sorry if I'm not gonna hear a speech about how hard your day's been. That's what you get paid for, hoss, craking, the plan up, sit down, shut up, and drive. Okay, that's what you get paid for. We paid our money to be treated this way all day. And this is where the bird just starts repeating what he said. Give me something to drink, something to eat, and massage my shoulders, don't you your customers. We've been treated like cattle, and not healthy cattle, sick cattle. We've been treated so bad we feel that we're not even human anymore. We don't want to hear. We don't want to hear about how bad your day's been. We don't care. Our day's been bad. And we paid money to be treated this way. You're getting paid to have a hard day, and you had a hard day, but you got a check. We had a hard day and we lost money. Had that go rick, well, then then it kind of led to an uncomfortable relationship between us and the crew. But I'll tell you that does the air marshall pull his gun out? I didn't do to get in there and drive, so I didn't go that far. But I didn't make the point that was that, like you know, the kid with the mama holds him down, says, I told you to sit down. He says, I'm my body is sitting but inside her standing right, My, my, My deal was this all I'm gonna make. The point is is about who's getting paid and who had to pay. Okay, that that point has to be made. I can't let that gun no, because see, I believe I can make change. See, I think they need to hear from somebody. He started it, Rick, he started to find Yeah, yeah, you didn't get on there and giving this as a coach.
Speaker 6: I've been told by an umpire one more word and you're out of the game. Okay, and you fight not saying one more word.
Speaker 4: That's where you turn around and say word.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly right. How were you on that and say one more word?
Speaker 3: Big guy? No, it was kind of a They didn't like me, didn't like me the rest of the flight. And you know what, that's all right. I think I can live without a plastic cut with half cochine. Okay. You know, if if y'all want to keep the water down coake for me, I'll make it. Okay, But I wanna tell you what. We better start driving. We better start backing out, and I want to see people smiling, and I want to see people apologizing, and I want to see people saying, we go by the way, I'm gonna go faster and I'm gonna get you there. Instead of one fifty, I'm gonna try for one thirty. Do something. Okay, don't complain.
Speaker 5: About I did Cherry what Cherry?
Speaker 3: Say after your At this point we're not speaking.
Speaker 2: Ricking Bubba, ricking Bubba.
Speaker 4: Before we go any further, let me send out very very big birthday wishes to my son Hunter, who is eleven years old. That's right.
Speaker 3: I can't believe, and unfortunately on his birthdays in trouble with his mama, thanks to Bubba. All right, all right, mother to go. You know, the only thing he told me, the only thing he wanted he wanted to be every one time, said Roger Federer. Play.
Speaker 4: Wow, you know it's so funny. I will never forget John Crall telling us and talking about when he was raising his son Brody, who has gone on to play in the NFL, and said when he got thirteen years old, he announced to Brody, it's over you being a kid. You're a man. Now you're mine. You don't go to your mama, You go to me. You're gonna learn to be a man, not mama's a little boy anymore. And it's funny when you make that transition. And I was talking to Hunter yesterday and I said, you know, you're you're preteen here now, and it's you know, you're a young man. You're not a little kid anymore. You know, we got to start thinking like a young man and acting like a young man. And so I decided yesterday that father and son needed a little bonding time. So I went and picked him up from school and we headed off on a father and son and we had one of our friends, Ron mccorkill, join us, and it was a little male bonding time, you know, just the guys. And we had a little work to do out at the farm. So I got a call from mom and she said, now, are y'all gonna be home about five? And I said, now, honey, I don't know if you've run the numbers here, but based on the time I picked him up at school and we get to the to the hunting club, if we turn around and drive directly back, we still don't make it back home by that time. So that doesn't work. You didn't say to her like that, Yeah, pretty much, pretty much.
Speaker 3: He just heard about Roger Fell.
Speaker 4: And so well, no, I wasn't short. I just explained the math to it. I mean, it doesn't work, and ure and she she said, well, just you know, get him home soon as you can, because we got to study for some tests and things. And I said, well, as soon as I can, it's fine, but you got to understand soon as I can may not be acceptable.
Speaker 3: So because once you get to.
Speaker 4: The farm and you get loaded up and you're putting out feed and stuff, you got I mean, you got to finish the job.
Speaker 3: You can't just stop halfway.
Speaker 4: You know. So you know, it's raining, and we're busy, and we accomplish a few things, and you know, before we know what, we're trimming a few limbs and making a few trails, and then you know, the day kind of gets away from you, and uh we start looking at the clock and we're like, boy, it's gonna be bad. We get home, it's gonna be right at bedtime. And uh know, I'm a nod conformist, and uh.
Speaker 3: You'd been hurt, so you were lashing out everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, right, and uh, so, you know, we uh we start on the way home, and I tell Hunter, I said, you know, uh, I said, you're gonna you're you're learning a lot about being a young man, and one of the one of the things you will learn is if mama ain't happy, nobody's happy. And we we try to make sure mama's happy. I mean, we really we go out of our way to make sure mama's Why not within reason. I mean, there's a limbit all I can do. It's just like Roger Feeder. I can't go make Roger come to the to the event, you know. I mean, I just can't do that.
Speaker 3: So uh, you'll try.
Speaker 4: I mean we'll we will set the table and we'll invite him, but I can't make him physically come. I mean that's against international law.
Speaker 3: Right. You can lead to the court, but you can't make him blood. Right.
Speaker 4: So I told Hunter, I said, you know, we're gonna have to call mom on the way in and try to douse the fires because we're gonna be in trouble for being late. But I said, the good news is it's not your fault. It's me because you can't drive.
Speaker 3: It's on me. It's on daddy all the way.
Speaker 4: I will take the fire on this, okay, But I said, you can help me out. We're gonna call mom on the way in, and I want you just to say to her, tell her how much you love her and the fact that you want to do good in your school work. But the boys needed some bonding time. And he practiced it, had it, had it down pretty well. So on the way home, we're call in and I hand the phone to him. He delivers the lines.
Speaker 3: Perfectly, just like we practice. Well done.
Speaker 4: And then he got that look on his face and he said okay, and he just kind of hung the phone up and handed it back to me, and I said, I said, you all right? What did she say? And he said, she said, well, since we like to have bonding time, we can bond a lot when we're sitting up doing homework tonight. Oh boy, And he just had that look like he could just cry on his face, right, And I know that feeling preaching, yeah, And he said, he said, she's pretty good with those comebacks. And I said, hone, I know that I've been hearing those comebacks for, you know, a lot longer than you've been around.
Speaker 3: Years.
Speaker 4: Yes, about twenty two plus.
Speaker 3: How was it when you know it was? It was?
Speaker 4: There was happiness and then yet there was some sternness there about, you know, carrying son off and loafing all afternoon inst to doing homework. But I'm still like, you know, we do homework three hours every night. I mean birthdays tomorrow. Come on, give me a break.
Speaker 5: You know said you stay up all night with him?
Speaker 4: Uh not as as long as we needed to. I'm sure the scores today will not be.
Speaker 3: Up to par. How about that? That will be on me. I I just have to take the I know how that feels.
Speaker 4: The scores today are on me. And I apologize to Hunter, his mother and his teacher right that I was irresponsible yesterday. But you know what, we had fun.
Speaker 3: You always pick up back your credit.
Speaker 4: Don't want Yeah, do like Rick go cut the teacher's grass or something.
Speaker 3: Maybe I could teach him as an uncle that that's right. Oh that's the way you get around here. Every birthday, Hunter Bus, Hunter Bus, we love you, big man, pretaking Bubba. All right, So a quick trip to the beach this past weekend. So we were there. First of all, I want to talk about how Florida is involving COVID nineteen. Uh, and speedy, you can back the substance you were there not long ago either. It really is just I mean you literally can go through five people and three of them are not concerned about it in the least, uh, until one of them will be somewhat concerned. The other one will be acting like it's the end of time. Yeah, and it's all there, and there's no consistence to it whatsoever. You know, you have somebody wait on your table with a mask on. Next time guy walks up, Yeah, I had no mask and so and then some places seem to be working on the tables being far apart of the places. Yeah, it's so, it's uh. The so what I noticed was you don't even know what to do with it. So I just said, you know what, we're gonna whatever environment we end up in. So I go into places on the beach, on the streets, bicycles this, uh, you know, this is the thing here for for COVID nineteen and then you know how they have letters on the different gates to get on the beach. We would like for our residents that are staying in this particular location, the one we were in, We want you to enter by gate H, and we want you to exit by gate G. Okay, well that's just us, is everybody. You're telling everybody else just because guess what people do. You may have a gate that's your better gate, but people might enter by any of the game. Yeah. I look up and sure he's like, oh wow, do we have to walk allway down here block again little beach? I said, apparently not if you look at Gate G. I said, if you look at Gate G that's supposed to be the exit gate, there's people just rolling down it as hard as they can go. I said, you know what, we ain't gonna play that game. I mean, if nobody's doing it, then what does it matter? Right, So so we you know, it's all just we prefer. But then these are vacationers who are like, you know what, we're doing the best we can with all this. And to tell you one thing, you notice people want to get out of their house they gotta go to I asked them, I said, is the business down here booming?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: They're like, oh, unbelievable. I mean people are coming back and just so ready to get here. So we start out. You know the boys are trying to avoid Mama's annual bike ride because they know in two weeks. In two weeks, we're actually going down to the beach for a week, which leads to the funniest story of the weekend. Come up here in just a big family Yeah, the big family time. So we're just down there. So the boys are almost saying, Mama, don't do it to us this week, this way. Yeah. And what was beautiful because the forecast was so unpredictable. It could be clear and dry one moment raining the next. So I was able to use that about the bike ride that I wish I could have gone on. Man, I tell you what I was really well. I've been working out on that peloton. I was ready to take that bike all the way down from one end to thirty eight to the other. I was gonna do the whole run, letter go and then share go rid, I said, but we can't look at that forecast. Can't get caught the ring. That's right, man.
Speaker 4: If I have a gus front.
Speaker 3: If it wasn't for Kristin Bowl or whatever you call it, I'd be rolling miles on this thing.
Speaker 4: Maybe even refer to some videos you've seen of bikers being blown over by gus front.
Speaker 3: Yeah, coming through. I'd love to do it, honey today, I'm ready. Peloton's got me ready. I could go the other end of this thing with forecasts, so I said, And we can't do it when whole family comes down because we don't have responsibilities with other people and all that. So mom and Daddy come and go look after them. But anyway, so so the boys, they literally did like a five minute bike ride. So finally Sherry taught me into the first day, we made them actually get up and let's have breakfast at a time, and of course that that was met with such boo birds. Oh and so the next day I said, I don't care when they get up, let's just go do her own thing. On Sunday, I said, and we will take a bike ride, but you know we can't go as far forecast. So keep in mind, I've been at the place where it's packed with people, nobody has a mask on, nobody's social distancing, distancing, nothing's going on. So then we start rolling on the box. And of course then Cherry says, I really I need to go there. And this is when you know you've had children. I need to potty. I'm like honey, our kids, our youngest ones, like nineteen, we can drop the potty. Yeah, I mean I need to potty, honey. We don't have to say that anymore. So. So anyway, so we see this place, beautiful store. There's nobody in it, not one person except for the people who work there who are wearing masks. Two people in there with masks, and it's big place, really big. So so Sherry rolls in and she talks to someone who is reasonable, and they said, well, there's really nobody in here, so yeah, if you're in trouble, you go ahead and use the bath that much. Well, then that goes to the little cute woman that everybody locks. And then big beard walks in. Uh. And of course I've been on the box. I'm sweating profusely. Uh uh. You know I look like I could be problematic. You know, really you want to go over behind the register, you know, what's this cup to? Yeah, so I walk in like I'm going to do the same thing. Now there's no one in the store. Okay, mask guy comes after you. I'm sorry, sir, our bathrooms are not available. I said, oh okay, I just uh And then I thought, well, I don't want to those share under the bus. Yeah, you don't get the woman in trouble that let her go the bathroom. So I said, COVID scare And he's like, yes, it's because of COVID, Sir, are you familiar with COVID? Yeah, yeah, I am. I said, I got to tell you about about three miles where I just came from. Don't nobody care about it? You know what I mean? And uh? And I said, so I got news for you. I know you're protecting this place that has nobody in it. You already see up there where people want to hang. You know what I mean? I said, if I can, I got news for you, buddy. Me walking in here to this bathroom is meaningless, meaningless. And I said, so you think you think one person going in there with nobody in here problematic? That's our rule, sir. COVID nineteen And I thought to myself, you need to be somewhere else. You're in Florida, man, You know what I mean? I mean, you do you know what's going on here? Are you really going to stick by this? Right? He here? Try to sell all your products, you beach wearing all that in here. It's not gonna work. You act like this, you know, I no wonder you're empty. You know where people are going to places that don't act like you. That's why you ain't got anybody it. And I didn't sell that.
Speaker 5: I didn't say no, you're telling them off in your mind.
Speaker 3: Hey, my bed, My bad. You know what I mean, Hey, my bad, Sorry about that. Thank you with you with your COVID mask on. Thank you for keeping us straight. Appreciate you. No wonder nobody's here. And this is not the way you're going to sell product based on what everybody else is doing up and down thirty eight. So then we do a little ride. We get back, so we're gonna go to our favorite restaurant in the whole wide world there and so we love it every time. Now it's it's it's from one end of this county road all the way to the other end. Well, where we're going to be in a couple of weeks is all the way to the other end of where we are. So I said, hey, we're not far from the house that we're renting for the extended family. Let's let's take a look at it. We're finishing, let's just go take a look at it. Okay. She was like, I don't know, but I said, we're just gonna look at it. I want to know where it is. You know how we are. No, Yeah, I want to have my plan. I want to know where it is. I want I want to know if it's complicated, I want to know the situation to get a feel for Yeah, I want, I want, I need, I gotta know. I gotta I can't be this close to it and not check it out. Well, I want to go back up to one of the communities there. I'm like, honey, we have time, but we'll probably look at We're one point four miles from it, and so and then we come out because of the rain and everything, she decides she's gonna drive. I've been driving the whole time. Oh boy. So I'm like, I'm good. And I said, here it is. Hey, we're not far keep no no no no, no go left, go left, let left, go the other way. So we're going. And so we're going, and so it turns out that it's it's a driveway all the way up to the road we're on. I mean, that's the driveway to the house. Now you got to be looking two hundred feet three hundred feet right right here. And so so when she turns in. When you turn in, you don't think for a minute, well people are staking this right okay. And I thought we would be able to be from afar. Have a look at it. Oh, look at there. We're in there. We're in there. I mean we're in the driveway. Okay. It's so. I was like, okay, all right behind their car, I see, I see where it is too. I'll sit in from the back. Mom and dad. Somebody's coming out. And I said, honey, go ahead, go ahead and backs out here. So she starts back in. Yeah, I said, honey, honey, honey, honey, backs out here. I'll hey, honey, you all over this bush over here, You all over this bush. And she's like, well, if you were quit talking to him, quit hollered at me. I'm not hollering at you, honey, you all over this bush. You're you're knocking down a bush that is part of the landscaping here. Well, I pull up, honey, use the camera to put the line. Just line up the driveway. Will you quit hollered at me. I'm not mom, Mom, they're coming out, mother, they're hollering at us. I said, you've got to get out. I don't know whether we should flee or try to tell him we're no danger. I'm getting out of here. So then she does a three turn. Honey, you're now, you're you're off, You're she's getting over driving the Honey, you are in the yard.
Speaker 7: Dad.
Speaker 3: People are hollering at us. This person is literally hollering honey, and all of a sudden, I'm like, just gun it, just get out of here, Just get out of here, honey, get out here. Why are you turning there almost to the car now? Dad? This woman is honestly yelling it up, And I'm like, hey, we're no danger. You don't know what to do, so you didn't want to deal with him, you just stay here? Next way, what I should have done is just got out and said, hey, we're saw, but I don't know what you thought you could get. You remember the garn history.
Speaker 4: Ain't that much just say we're long gets past a certain point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know the Garnet story, like that time he hid from people come in to look at his house when he was selling, and he's like, once you're head, you're you've committed to the idea. So once I got once I got in the flea mode. So I want people to know if you saw a sweet lady with her very large bearded husband and a small car coming in your driveway, we did. We did tell one of the bushes, and we did jump off in the landscaping in the yard for a minute, hopefully in the rain. We didn't make too big a mess, no doubt we were. We were of noah, no danger. And uh, how long do you think it took us before I was spoken to again? Oh if if, if you had, if you hadn't just started, if you hadn't started hollering at me and getting on me and tell me what to do.
Speaker 4: Honey, I'm gonna say Montgomery coming home.
Speaker 3: Did y'all finally just throw gravel on them and get on?
Speaker 2: We did?
Speaker 3: We just fled. Stay at it, Dad, I really think you maybe should have talked to these people. They may be called the police to it. We'll be back on.
Speaker 2: Ricking Bubba, ricking bubba.
Speaker 3: Looking back over the week, and one thing I would like to talk about those of you that go to the beaches. You know there's always the warning flags, the warning flags, different flags. Every day we were there. We had great weather, We had yellow flag, purple flag, purple flag if I could. Whoever's in charge of this, we need more information. Uh, we got to have more than just marine life. That's that's a very broad statement, right it is. What does that mean? Does that mean jellyfish? Does that mean? Does that mean little fish that come up? And I mean sharks? I really like to know that they do. They put a purple flag up just for little fish. It nibble ast you.
Speaker 4: To me, purple means something in the water bad.
Speaker 3: Apparently not because we had no jellyfish, whether we had no sharks that we that we saw and all we had were some fish in the water, schools of fish, which led to another moment that my wife revealed again that if it gets down to it, she will leave me. You remember I told you this. This This was early on. We hadn't been very very long at all. We went to that client trip that time to Caddo. Oh yeah, and we were snorkeling and I think it turned out to be a giant grouper. You know how they can get really really big. Yeah, one of those moved through. I didn't see it. She did, and her fins were popping me in the face. Knocking my snorkel out as she pushed me under to get to the boat. And when she got in the boat, I looked at it. I said, what's happened. She says, there's a giant fish in there, and I said, what you left me? And then she goes, well, I had to get in the boat. And so we're going out one of the earlier mornings out there when it's kind of calm and the water's clear, and the gulf is beautiful, and we're getting in the water and we're having a good time and we're talking. It's just the two of us out there on the beach, and you know, you can see the little fish here, and all of a sudden, this big dark mass starts moving and Cheery screams, runs out and gets on the beach and leaves me in the water again. I said, well, nothing's changed me marry twenty one years and another has changed, and she goes, I'm sorry, I mean I can't. I said, honey, it's just a school of bigger fish, that's all this is. It's a big school of bigger fish. There's why would you see a black mass? You got to get out of the water. But if you see that, honey, say hey, husband, would you like to leave the water with me? Would you would you like to get the safety bene with me?
Speaker 4: By definition, a purple flag means dangerous marine life, something you need to get out of the water. Here's what I don't under there.
Speaker 3: There's nothing there.
Speaker 7: I don't think. I don't think sharks. I could be wrong, but according to what I've been reading, I don't think sharks are included in the purple I got there all morning. I don't know if they have their warning, but it doesn't mention sharks in there. It says man of war, jellyfish a variety, and then it says blue buttons, which is also a type of jellyfish, and sea nettles. It doesn't say you would think it would say if it's list out those, you would think it would say sharks.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm sure that this time there's probably so many sharks. At various times they'd wear the rope out trying to put up and take down the flag.
Speaker 3: Well, that's exactly You're right where we were. Whatever they were warning us about on marine life, we never encountered. Okay, because none of those things you mentioned. We're in the water. I mean, we didn't. We weren't in there a lot when they were a good bit them. So then you get into your plan with the big group. You have to get into We're going to attempt to eat out one night. Okay, what time do you go? Whoa you gotta be there? Five boy?
Speaker 4: I let my family pick their going time one time, and after we'd sit there about an hour, they thought, well, at four o'clock leaving time's not so bad after all.
Speaker 3: Is it. Yeah? Two moments with the big group, beach picture, which I'll get to, and going out. We had a couple of things. One of them was very smooth. It was very smooth, and I appreciate the person I just called the place we wanted to go. I said, let's talk about a group of fourteen now. Once they stopped laughing, okay, yeah, And I said, uh, talk to me, and I'm going to give this to all of you that go to the beaches or whatever. This is it that I didn't know that I did. I would have had this backward and they and they saved us. This was July third. He said, do not come tonight, no way. We said, no matter when you come, Okay, come tomorrow night I said, fourth of July. He said, believe it or not, that's our slowest. Not We'll see you with no problem. I said, you're slow on fourth of July. He said absolutely.
Speaker 4: People are probably eating close to where they're staying, getting.
Speaker 3: Ready for firework. I said, yes, so fourth of July is the best day to go sight seeing. And I can see that because you want to cook out and hang out. Yeah, I see that. Yeah, so so and so that did that worked out fine? Okay, Well then we started. You know, you you grow tired a little bit to some degree, you grow tired of the seafood. You're always eating fish. And we had a we had a low country boil at the at the house, which was great. I mixed it up one night and did the hamburgers. Minor controversy there when Mom and Greg got into it over where they won't get the meat from and uh and and Greg. Greg won, which I didn't think was possible, you know, because it's you. It's hard to win against mom. Now keep in mind mom. You know, like I said, my mom missed it a great opportunity to be Jewish. But okay, because her her, she she does. Mom guilt is as good as anybody. Well, I guess I've just been overruled. Well, it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter where we go. Just you know, I guess I guess what, it doesn't matter what. You know. I thought we should have done that, but I'm not in charge, you know, you know, and so so you know you have you have that a little bit. So they got into she non Dallas. She claimed that Greg told her not to get meat from where we were gonna get the meat from. Well, Greg, you said that that that's not that there's something in that meat. And Greg's like, Mom, I never I don't remember. No. Now, what I'm saying is they don't cut the meat there. Okay, but but it's closest and we're going to get the other stuff there. I think we're okay, we're only talking about hamburgers here, so I can find you know, some ninety three percent percent leaning there. Well, I guess I've just been overruled and so so so anyway, so we got that done, you know what I mean, And all that went smooth. And you know, of course now they'll cut the gas off to the grill there at the beach house. Kind of hard to find where it was turned on, but I found it okay, so I thought it was propane tank. It wasn't. But but we worked all that out. So we got it going and went on the road and all that went fine. So then came this weird moment. There is an Asian restaurant near where we are and it gets rave reviews. I mean people. Some people say it was the best meal they had the whole time they were there. Now, so I started thinking about that, and I thought that was kind of odd. But so we decided that we would go there at five on the nose when it opens. And it said it was open for lunch every day, but that didn't seem to be consistent either, and it was.
Speaker 4: It didn't open till five.
Speaker 3: Well it was. It was interesting. So we go in and here comes the big fourteen. Okay, no one's there. There's no one at the restaurant, not one person. Okay, we're first, and I say, we'd like a can we get fourteen? I said, we'll go two different tables, that's fine. No, you have so many cool And I was like, yeah, I know, I just but there's there's no one here. Oh I don't I don't think. I don't know. No, I don't think so so so no, no, no too. And I thought, gosh, they found out about Greg, you know what I mean. And I thought, something's happened. Are they made they know about the show? Maybe how about this? Finally, finally, this is their turn to get me back, you know what I mean. And I'm like, I'm I'm you're not having no reservation And I said, oh, I'm sorry, you'll have to have reservations. Well I had checked and it just said opens it five or if you want to get a reservation, right, because most of these kinds of places that operate say we don't do reservations. You just come here and yeah, good good luck to you, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: Yeah, first gun first.
Speaker 3: And I said, well, there's there's not anybody here, no you, And then they then another person comes out. Can I help you? Yeah? We table fourteen, let me see and they go in. They come back. No, we can't know, okay, And now dad shuffling, you start doing this thing of hands like this, how come we can't sit down? Well Dad? Then Dally, they don't. He's talking loud enough for them, of course. Uh well, hey, I mean you know, and I can't say all the things, you know. I mean, there's tables everywhere. Let's let's sit down. And now kids are getting in chair say dad, no, no, you don't you no, you had too many. And I'm like, well, but but there's no one here, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: Do you find yourself talking Asian bad?
Speaker 3: I did? One time? I said, well, we don't have a revvation. I call you saying no my ravation, you know, and so you no, you can't. No, you'll come back tomorrow. I'm like, okay, what tomorrow? Like same time, you know we open for lunch tomorrow. Okay, y'all want to try to do this for lunch. And I don't know what we're gonna do. Now, you'll know, you'll go you had too many, You'll go okay. And I thought, gosh, they remember you and me from the buffett. We don't know we had not fish for everybody? Too many and.
Speaker 4: Go back outside and come in groups before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then we started wandering. They run out of food, you know, they see I don't know, and you got some of these boise every big so mine. I'm like, I'm so sorry. I really didn't know this was that big of a I apologize you know, we're not far from here. We'll come back. So then we get out the next day. So they really didn't let you know, you'll go, you go something, No, I see you all you eat? You take them, somebody get ice cream something. But by the way, we were in heaven our house. You could walk to an ice cream place and what kind was every kind? I mean a billion flavors. It was just a mom and pop supremer again and it was fantastic. We must it was you know what I said. It was like being on a cruise ship. Just go get icecreap and it was seem to be able to open it all the time and they'd actually serve you.
Speaker 4: So anyway, so was it hand dem yes, will they roll it up?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, in a single scoop.
Speaker 4: Like a double Oh yeah, they put one in there just to have a good base.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So this is when it got weirder. It clearly says open for lunch every day, eleven thirty to two thirty. Clearly says that Monday through Friday. So we get out, we ride the box and she says, I tell well, let's go, let's just hit that for lunch. Okay, we go up. There's nobody there. I mean during the lunchtime, and on and on the door. We opened to day at five, no lunch, and I thought, my gosh, our family has caused no one to Bible. Didn't hear anymore. They've shut the whole place now, you know. It's like it just all of a sudden, it just wasn't open. And it was the weirdest experience. And so then the next night we get there and I kid you not, it was four fifty eight. Okay. First again, first of all, they said, we put you down to my reservation. You'll come back. Okay, we call you, We call you, makes your reservation good. But they never called us, and we kept calling and no one would ever answer. You don't like that, you leave message we call back, you know, and so we never could get it. So we show up. I kid you not, the first person we encountered you early. We're like, it's four fifty eight. I mean this is not really early. No, you're your reservation not to a five. Yeah, yeah, I got you. I mean, if we'll just talk another second, I think we're there.
Speaker 5: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: I mean, I mean, by the time you get a handful of menus.
Speaker 3: What's the weirdness experience? None, you don't call so early? Not really, that's not that early. But yeah, what times on are you in it?
Speaker 4: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: This is this central time, right, I mean right? But but then we eventually sat down and the meal was fantastic. It was wonderful food. Did you eat too much?
Speaker 4: Do you want my act go?
Speaker 3: We don't have no more other people watch time threw that.
Speaker 2: Ricking bubba, ricking bubba.
Speaker 4: There's very few things to me that is that is better than an early morning ride on a lake before everybody else, when glass out there and you know, if you if you jet ski any and you you got a little age about you, and you know some of you backs not what it used to be. The smoothness of that early morning is just unbelievable. I mean, you cruising at fifty, you know, just checking everything out.
Speaker 3: You cover a lot of groundloth oh b before back, before everybody stopped water skiing. That's my favorite time to water ski was late afternoon. It was glass.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, that is wonderful. So this weekend I got out early and was checking everything out and the weather had started to change. We we've had the tropical storm Sindy coming through, which was putting all this tropical air on us, and then over the weekend it just kind of magically changed and we got on the other side of it and the cool layer started coming. I mean, we're gonna have like loads in the fifties this week, which is incredible. So we're out there. I'm out there riding and it's just me and God and the sunrise, you know, has just come up, and cause you know, you can't legally ride before the sun comes out, So we're out there. I'm out there and just enjoy it. And I'm coming back in and I know that the family will be getting up before long and we'll eat breakfast and all that. I have to get out and do something because I wake up early. Yes, so I don't wake you aboud, it is the bottom line. But I'm coming in on a jet ski and I come in and I have to make kind of like a turn like a j to line up to get on the easy porch, you know, the little lily pad looking thing hop up on. And as I'm making that turn to come around, I notice the other jet ski there. See do In this case, the kids had been riding them, and I thought, the kids have left a rope on that thing. I see it dangling off the back of it, and as I keep looking at it, I noticed the rope disappears into the jet ski.
Speaker 3: You got an issue?
Speaker 4: But we had this happened last year and it was two tone ye kind of brown, and I thought, well, well there we got a Sydney alert here old no shoulders. Oh no, so now I have.
Speaker 3: To dot Sydney's.
Speaker 4: Code named Sydney, Sydney, Sydney. We say that around the kids. Hey got a Sitney here. So now I have to dock next to a jet ski that has a snake in it. And I'm not happy about that, Rick, You know, I'm not happy at all.
Speaker 5: Are you wondering if there's one that when you're sitting on Yeah, I'm thinking.
Speaker 4: So I circle a little bit to try to get it, you know, visual of where he is looking for somewhere else to park. Yeah, yeah, I'm thinking about it.
Speaker 3: So finally, finally, yeah, I finally realized I'm probably gonna have to go ahead and park on this.
Speaker 4: So buddy, I hit that lily pad, that easy port probably a little hotter than you normally would I come over the handle of oars.
Speaker 3: But now you don't know where this snake is.
Speaker 4: Well, I know, you know the nozzle on the back where those things are. It went up. It didn't go in the nozzle, but it went up in there around it. Not up hundred, but up in there.
Speaker 3: And I thought, good.
Speaker 4: Night, you can't have I have this beautiful ride in the morning, and there's there's Satan's little hand puppet waiting on me when I get back.
Speaker 3: He won't let you enjoy nothing. So I mean, but now there's that uncouple of times the first time I go there and sit on that other.
Speaker 4: Than where well, yeah, well, I know I can't just leave it like no, because because I'm not gonna put a cover on it, my hand ain't going down around that.
Speaker 3: And you can't shoot it because you're shooting the sead.
Speaker 4: It's it's a bit of a handle.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: So I sit and watched it for a little whak and thinking it might come back out, and I never did, so I had to go in and take a pit stop, and I alerted a couple of my neighbors who who were very close by up early, and now one of them and I won't use any names here to protect the innocent. One of them is kind of a good snake, bad snake kind of guy, and the other one is like me, all snakes must die. So, you know, well, we got together out there and and congregated, and we're we're all sitting there kind of looking at the back of the jet skid, and all of a sudden, one of them says, I see it's head, say that, and I'm looking.
Speaker 3: I go, I don't see it.
Speaker 4: The head was coming out of the other one, the one I had been driving, And I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, you got snakes all in your water vehicle, snake flag. I'm like, what is going on here?
Speaker 4: Now? We can tell by seeing its head that it is not a poisonous snake, doesn't have water snake care Rick, absolutely, I don't care. But I'm like, how were we gonna get this thing off of here?
Speaker 3: So I did.
Speaker 4: One of my neighbors, the good snake bad snake guy, does happen to have snake boots there, which, silly me, I didn't have any.
Speaker 3: To ride jet skis with.
Speaker 4: I usually don't ride jet skis with boots now, so he very bravely agrees that he will take that jet ski out because I'd call the guy to marina. I said, Hey, if I got a snake up in here, what's the best way to get it out? He said, just get it out there and run it real fast.
Speaker 3: They'll get out of it. They'll fall out. I go fall out, Oh my god, fall out?
Speaker 4: Are you kidding?
Speaker 3: What if he decides he wants the son with me up on to day, Well, well, if he's coming out of there, he'll want to get up on there and get out of trouble.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too, But it's just it's.
Speaker 3: Just non polentnight briar scratches. Now.
Speaker 4: So, my my good snake, bad snake neighbor with his snake boots Patrick, who you know I've been telling me should come take a ride, decided this was a good time to take one.
Speaker 3: Let's say it's also a time you let somebody.
Speaker 4: And about the time he started getting it off here, he comes out of there, you know, to get it, and my other neighbor, you know, was able to remove him and get rid of him.
Speaker 3: Right while you watched all this.
Speaker 4: I was managing here on top of a table. I was in a management position on top of a picnic table. Yes, with a whole the.
Speaker 3: Screaming Bubby you of all people know though, that means that area is attractive.
Speaker 4: To Oh, I know, I know, Well you're going to have that around the lake, you know, time to time, Bubba. If you I think good snake, bad snake, neighbors letting too many of them get away?
Speaker 3: You know, of course he is because we call ours on our side. Well, and this was on your property, so it goes under your ruling, not the good snake bass names.
Speaker 4: Well, if it's in my stuff, it definitely does. Yeah. So uh, you know, I appreciate both of my neighbors help with removing that, you know. And it turned out it wasn't a giant snake by any stretch. It may have been you know, eighteen inches or something worm Uh. And I think as we as as we identified it, you know, a about thirty foot away. Uh, it appeared to be a northern water snake or some type. I don't know, but but I want to be clear. Jet Ski is not an apartment. Do not be setting up shop now. The thing that did bother me though, is that it was in the one that I had been on, not the one I saw it. And I really think the one that I saw was bigger than that one to begin with. But now you know, anytime you see a snake, they're bigger than you. You know when you first see it, you know. Well, but what I'm let me say, when they catch you off guard?
Speaker 3: Right right? What I'm thinking those you may just saw the kids, Well that's what I was killed a teenager.
Speaker 4: I know Mama was around there somewhere.
Speaker 3: Mama still in that other one?
Speaker 6: Has it given you the he b gbs that that you might have been riding around with one underneath you?
Speaker 3: Well, what if you had? What if that thing would have crawled out on you?
Speaker 4: That's oh, I have to give the abandoned ship call.
Speaker 3: Would you just jump?
Speaker 4: I would have slowed down and then jumped.
Speaker 3: Now, I would have probably fought with it to begin it.
Speaker 4: If I knew it wasn't poisonous, I'd probably fight with it and try to stomp it for a minute. And then now if it had that old triangle head, I'm out of there. I'm doing a swan dive on top of that thing.
Speaker 3: And then it dives in with you.
Speaker 4: Now, yeah, what am I gonna do? Well?
Speaker 3: You gotta now, huh, you don't get in the water with it.
Speaker 4: No drive that thing over a cliff somewhere.
Speaker 3: That's way. You gotta take it right off the dam. Oh, I thought, shit, I just.
Speaker 4: Burned this thing.
Speaker 3: You know says no fire bell.
Speaker 4: So now every time ride button on there in the countdown starting, who's.
Speaker 5: Gonna check this under the seat every time you ride it?
Speaker 4: Now I need to tear that thing apart, just to be sure they ain't set up housekeeping in there. I didn't want to look really, to be honestly.
Speaker 2: Ricking Bubba, Ricking Bubba.
Speaker 1: Hey, it's speedy, and this is Ricking Bubba's greatest hits, flashing back through thirty one years of Radio Gold. Every Saturday morning, wherever you get your podcast, it's Ricky Bubba's greatest.
Speaker 2: Tit Ricking Bubba, Ricking Bubba.
Speaker 4: M