Speaker 1: The volume.
Speaker 2: You know the beautiful thing about being a sports fan, there's only like two days the whole year without a game. Two with so much happening and so much action, that makes just about everyday game day. At DraftKings Sportsbook, it's super easy for first timers to get started. Try betting on something simple like picking a team to win. Go to the DraftKings Sportsbook app, select your team and place your first bet. It really couldn't be any easier or any simpler. Baseball, golf, UFC, there's something for every fan of every sport to bet on DraftKings. And I know it's early, but football season will be here before you know it. And the Kansas City Chiefs are currently the favorite to win the Super Bowl on DraftKings at plus five fifty. And if you're new to DraftKings, you got to check this out. New customers, bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty in bonus bets instantly. Download the DraftKings Sportsbook app now and use code hoops that's h oops, that's code hoops for new customers to get one to fifty in bonus bet instantly when you bet just five dollars only on DraftKings. The Crown is.
Speaker 3: Yours gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler or in West Virginia visit one eight hundred gambler dot net. In New York call eight seven seven eight open wired text hope and y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut, help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over age varies by jurisdiction, Void and Ontario. Bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue. Ince CEE, DKNG, dot co, slash bball for eligibility and deposit restrictions, terms and Responsible Gaming Resources.
Speaker 4: What's up, everybody, Welcome back to the Draymond Green Show. This is our first show, well, our free agency episode, if you will. There's a lot to talk about, obviously, including its end of an era in the Bay. I know there's been a kind of a lot of talks over the last four years about the end of an era, but I think this would officially mark the end of an era and the Bay.
Speaker 5: By the way, I am with my.
Speaker 4: Family kind of on vacation, so also with other family of ours. So if you hear like babies crying and people yelling and talking, and.
Speaker 5: I still wanted to bring you this episode.
Speaker 4: So if you get all of that, I don't know if you all to catch it or this microphone to pick it up or not. But if it does, I apologize in advance. You just kind of get the real raw version of me. And it's always not It's not really gonna come from a studio, so sometimes this is what you get. So if you hear that, I apologize. But anyway, moving on, I think there's been a lot of crying. Speaking of crying, there's been a lot of crying, I'm sure around the world around the Bay, uh, you know, marking Clay's exit, uh thirteen years in the Bay, reportedly joining the Mavericks on a three year, fifty million dollar deal, signing trade uh Clay to the Mavericks. And I must say, I don't I don't really know how I feel about it. Clay told us last week, Uh, I don't know who all he told me.
Speaker 5: I know he talked to me pretty sure.
Speaker 4: He talked to Steph last week and he just kind of was like yeah, man, like you know, just kind of started talking through the years like been great, what we've done is so special, like you know, you and Steph, my brothers, and the conversation just kind of starts as small talk and like you're kind of just prepping yourself, like man, get me there, like I know it's coming, and like you're enjoying the conversation, but yet it's kind of one of those moments so where like somebody like building you up before they get you to blow, they just kind of build you up. And that's kind of what I was feeling. I was headed to my daughter's recital, so I wasn't able to go as in depth to the conversation as maybe I would have, which I think also was kind of a good thing for me because one thing I think when Clay told me, I was just able to listen, you know, and it wasn't like a yo, we could finish like this so like you should rethink this. It was just like wow, like all right, like congrasp bro, Like I'm happy for you. That's dope, and like you know, to obviously reassure that that changes nothing for us, you know, like changes the basketball court obviously, but the relationships, they are what they are, they are forever.
Speaker 1: The the connection, the bond, even as far as all of us being mentioned together like that, that just forever, that that would never change, you know.
Speaker 4: But it's I don't know, I haven't really been able to process the feelings this morning, or not even this morning, maybe earlier today. I think I might have dropped a couple of tiers A tier two. You're just kind of sitting there and thinking. And then I came across Steph's story and like saw the pictures and it was very interesting to me because when I was going through step story, like I went through it a couple of times, and it was just like it was crazy to me how many of the pictures that he posted that I was also in, and so seeing that was like, man, I could just kind of take you back and like it takes me back to the beginning though, like like when it all started and none of us really knew that it would end up being this, you know, what it became, and and just going through that, you know, it was very interesting to see, like I said, how many of those I was in because I don't I don't put myself in the same category with them too.
Speaker 5: Them two for me are like here, like.
Speaker 4: Out of the frame, like they're here, and I think for me, for me personally, like like the way I view my role in this is always like ya, I'm always have them two back, and I'm gonna always look out for them too, and like no matter what, like nobody can touch them to like they can do no wrong, and like I'll go to battle for them, I'll take the fall for them, whatever that needs to be. Maybe like I'm doing that, and so for me and being that way and thinking that way, if I'll take the fall for them, you know, go to battle for them, then you're kind of not viewing yourself in that same space, right because it's like I'll do all of that for those guys, and so.
Speaker 5: Yes, we'll always be mentioned together. But for me, the way I look.
Speaker 4: At those two, my appreciation for those two guys to then see myself in like half of the pictures that Steph posted was just like wow, like to bring you to a.
Speaker 5: Weird space.
Speaker 4: And so I dropped a couple of tears just throughout the day, not even necessarily exactly looking at the story, but throughout the day it's just like wow, man, Like I always tell people like I am like I am. I like to keep things the same. My friends are the same, you know, in life. I try to keep things the same. My trainer who works on my body, I try to keep that the same. Like my basketball trainer, I keep that the same. Like I like things to stay the same. And this, this, this sucks for me, This part of the this time and year always sucks because you build relationships with people and then like out of nowhere, they're just gone. And out of nowhere being gone for us is crazy because you spend most of your time with these people, like you spend pretty much the better part of nine and a half months seeing these people daily, and then like out of nowhere, it just ends. It's very It's always been a very weird thing for me. And so then this one hits like a much like much deeper right, like way more close to home because in the sense it disrupts home, like what we've known as home for the last twelve years.
Speaker 5: For me, that looks way different now. And so.
Speaker 4: I don't know, I feel like I'm ramming a little bit. So if you make it through this episode, kudos to you. Is I don't really have clear thoughts and approaching this episode, it's just a little weird. I'm happy for Clay. I think last year was a very trying year for him. I think, you know, it was the highs and the lows of last year. I think it was very hard on Clay and as a brother to see someone going through that, Like it was hard on me to watch, uh kind of see him going through what he was going through. And I think, you know, if you ever care about someone, I think one of the reasons I didn't even like when he called me, I didn't even attempt to like want to talk him out of leaving or like, yo, you should stay, because like all the reasons that you would say, like in things that you could, yeah, I could make words sound good, but like those are known, you know, like those reasons are well documented. And so I think part of the reason when he said to me, like, yeah, I'm a leave, I was just like, man, I'm happy for you. That's dope, Like it's crazy to think what we've done and blah blah blah. But not once was it like, yo, you may want to rethink this. You got time to rethink it, because to see him struggle the way he did last year, if you at all, if you ever care for someone's well being, care about what they go through, go through the battles, through the struggle with someone, elevate past a level that no one could ever imagine with someone, like I'd hope the care that you'd have for that person would go far beyond.
Speaker 5: What you may feel is best for you or what you want to see.
Speaker 4: And so a part of me, like I couldn't then go and be like yeah, like you know, I want you to stay or I wish you'd stay, or you should stay for this reason, because like for me to watch him go through what he went through last year, like I know how much he loved the game of basketball.
Speaker 5: Play.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's something that he loves the game like that he loves more than like playing basketball. And I didn't see that last year. And it's crazy because I told you all about my year before that, Like that was me the year before.
Speaker 1: Me.
Speaker 5: The year before was just.
Speaker 4: Like I kind of I don't even want to play basketball, and like you could kind of like it was hard to go to work, like it was hard to to even care about what was going on at work, Like you leave there and you kind of just try to lose the memory of being there tight like And so I kind of I experienced that a year before, and I don't know. I think when when I look back on it, when I take a step back and I look back on it, could it have been the contract playing that because he was kind of in the same position, right, Like, so I personally don't think it was that. Like I think there was a lot of other things going into it, but like there's no true way to know, like, oh it was dis emotion like touched here, and there's no real way to know.
Speaker 5: You just kind of take all those things into account.
Speaker 4: But like I said, I do know the joy that basketball brings him in like.
Speaker 5: It brought sadness. It brought unhappiness last year for him.
Speaker 4: And again, if you ever care about someone's well being, go through the struggle with somebody and you only care, Yeah, yeah, number one goal for that person is to see them happy and enjoying what they do because you care about their well being. Then like a part of me wanted play the league and not wanting him to leave in the sense of like want him to lead, uh, but want him to leave because you own only want to see him be the guy that you know he is, Like for a guy that's lived his life since I've known him, and I can only imagine before without a care in the world, like we'd all always say, like, yo, Clay live in his own world.
Speaker 5: He don't have a care in the world.
Speaker 4: And like for a guy that you know lived their life that way, and then all of a sudden it's not that like something's wrong, and if the most important thing in his life is basketball, you can clearly immediately see what's wrong. And so as a brother, like I want to see him with that again, like with that joy, with that love, because like we way closer to the end than we are the beginning, you know. I remember my uncle one day said to me. He was like, nephew, like call your uncle sometimes, Like he said, I'm on the I'm on the wrong side of my downslide. I'm on the wrong side of my downslide. Something like that, he said, And like that's where we are, like in our careers, like we're on the wrong side of it. Can there still be special things done by us?
Speaker 5: Of course?
Speaker 4: Can there still be special things? Of course? But like we're way closer to the end than we are at the beginning, that's for sure. And so knowing that and understanding that, like I will hope to see him have the same joy at the end that I know he had at the beginning, because basketball is a is a it's a child's game. Uh, it's a kid's game, and basketball keep the kid in us. You know, you see you see us joking around and playing and all the stuff that like we do on a basketball court.
Speaker 5: That's kind of like what kids do.
Speaker 4: That you don't see in a typical job, right, like someone thirty three years old, Like the way that I may act with my teammates and like clowning around at thirty four, Like the different things that we do amongst us as thirty four year olds and clowning, like thirty four year olds that work at.
Speaker 5: The bank don't do those things.
Speaker 4: Like basketball is kind of a kid game, and I want him to see him have that same love enjoy in this kid game that we got a few more years of living that he had when I knew him as a kid, like when we were just kids, Like you know, it's twenty two, Like we were kids at twenty two. We didn't know anything, like just now growing up, growing in the manhood, Like I want to see him had that love again, because I witnessed what happened for him when he did have that love for it, when it did bring him that joy, and like I want to see that for him again. And last year it wasn't that. It was as probably far opposite as he could be.
Speaker 5: From that.
Speaker 4: And so to selfishly want to see him stay here and suffer for whatever it was that was.
Speaker 5: Griping at him, like, Nah, that ain't cool, like.
Speaker 4: For my own personal benefit or for the like that's not cool, because the memories that I do have are too good to didn't have to live through those memories, Like we don't have to live through those memories, Like we don't have to create those memories, I should say, like, and the ones that we can remember are credible, like amazing. Four titles in eight years changed the way the game of basketball has played, being a part of the greatest team ever to play, like those the memories we have, So to selfishly want to sit and create the other ones I'd rather not. So it's probably better this way, but it sucks, like it I'm not going to sit here and like sugarcoat it for twelve years. I don't think people ever process like all the time you spend like judging basketball players. Like the one thing that people don't really take into account is like you started seeing me when I was twenty two years old. You started seeing Clay in the NBA at twenty one years old, and like we're thirty four now, Like the changes that happens in life throughout the over the course of those years, like we never really take into account. I don't really even know where I was going with that point because my thoughts are all fucked up. So, as I said before, if you make it through this episode, kudos to you. I told DJ earlier. DJ made me this little paper airplane. It's actually it's very ironic that he made me this. But they finished the art project at school and DJ was coming back with me this week and he brought me this to cardboard box and it's it's a cardboard airplane.
Speaker 5: And you know, Clay always make these paper airplanes.
Speaker 4: I always say, like, your kids are connected to you, because again I told you, I've been sad for a few days and he hasn't been with me, and he made this cardboard paper airplane. But it's cardboard and you know, like play always make these paper airplanes and it got like cutouts to like me Steph Clay and like this person he drew, which I assumed. I'm like, oh, and it's you. And he's like and I was like, oh, by the way, he just gave me that just more like by the way, Clay not gonna be on our team no more.
Speaker 5: And he's like what.
Speaker 4: I'm like, he going to the to the Dallas with Luca and he's like, well, why can't we get Luca? Like, uh, it don't work that way, and I don't need to teach you about the salary cap.
Speaker 5: Luca make way too much money for us to get Luca.
Speaker 4: But and he just was like sitting there side like about a cry.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also oddly, uh, the other day, I was landing in Boulder to meet some friends to go to the NASK concert at the Red Rocks, which was incredible, and like I'm standing outside the FBO and like a truck pulls up.
Speaker 5: Our driver hadn't arrived.
Speaker 4: And the truck pulls up and it's honking and it looks like an Uber driver. It's like a black suv and honking and I look and I'm like, I know that's not our driver, late and honking at me. So I just turned back and then it honks again and I look and he turns a little bit because there's a glare on the wish and it's Klay Thompson. I bump into Klay Thompson like a day or two after he give me this is Sunday. So he called me and I bumped into Clay randomly outside.
Speaker 5: The FBO and Denver.
Speaker 4: I don't know, he couldn't really look at me, and it was very like odd situations. I'm sitting there with my family and my wife's like, oh my god, Clay, like when when he called me on the phone, She's like stop and she's like I'm about to cry. And she said it reminded her of last year. So last year during free agency, I called Clay and I called Steph separate calls and Steve and I was just telling him like, yo, I'm leaving. I'm going to Memphis, and I remember that call with him, so I was going to leave and she said we were in Paris, and she's like, it's reminded me when we were in Paris and you was calling him, like she was just sitting there crying, and obviously we got to figure it out. Shout out to the Lakers and Mike Dunleavy his first free agency. They got it, We got it done. But yeah, I think there's a lot of thoughts on like, oh, what happened in the organization, Like everybody kind of want to make things out to be.
Speaker 5: Messy and they don't have to be.
Speaker 4: You know, I know this organization would have had Clay back as long as he wanted to be, and I.
Speaker 5: Know Clay, as we can see, really didn't want that.
Speaker 4: I know there was the report on like Clay telling stuff like not to flex his muscle and all of those.
Speaker 5: Things typical Clay thing to do.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure that that's true or not, but that would be a Clay response.
Speaker 5: H But.
Speaker 4: All great things must come to an end, And ultimately my hope is that I hope the organization, which I know they do, appreciates appreciate Clay and everything that he's done. I know they do, and I hope Clay appreciates the organization for everything this organization has done. The men for us because on our on our rides to the top, like we had the best organization in the NBA, supporting us and giving us the opportunities that we need to the things that we need to make that rise, having our families around, having our boys on trips, Like organizations don't do that stuff, our organization having dinners, and like I could take twenty people to dinner if I wanted to, And like, these dinners ain't that Like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, cheap, cheapest restaurant.
Speaker 4: They are at the best restaurants in the city we're in, Like, and we go to great cities, you know, Like I said, haven't letting our boys fly on the plane, families fly on the plane. Organization Really it's the best. And so I hope his appreciation for the organization, the organization appreciation for him. I hope everybody's is exactly where it should be. Because breakups don't always have to be messy, co parenting relationships don't always have to be shitty. People going their separate ways can be a thing of beauty, and this is one of those things. Clay's going to the Dallas Matterage after thirteen years of domination, after thirteen years of building a dynasty, He's moving on to go do something else. And like we all can appreciate that and love that for him, love that for us, and appreciate the good times. Maverick here always he would always tell the story about and I actually took this and incorporated in my life.
Speaker 5: A story about his father back in the day.
Speaker 4: When I when I hear the song, like and I think about play in the Journey, Uh, the song is our green for the good times, you know, and like it's kind of like, don't be sad for me, Like I just like just remember the good times.
Speaker 5: And so when I think about.
Speaker 4: This, like that's where I'm trying to take my mind, Like I try to live my life by that, but like remembering the good times. The song is called for the good times, but you know, just just remembering the good times, the things that we did, and like that's where I'm at with it. So yeah, I think I am definitely like a little shaken up by it and a bit sad. But I think for anybody in life, if something has been a certain way for twelve years and then it just abruptly changes, I think it'll shake you up a bit too, at least if.
Speaker 5: It matters to you. I know it would.
Speaker 4: So that's where I'm at with it. It's been a for me. Man, it's been a hell of a run, and I am thankful to have shared the court with Clay for twelve season, to go to war with him.
Speaker 5: I think back to.
Speaker 4: A story that most people don't remember, because when we played the Raptors in the NBA Finals, Clay pulled his hamstring off. Y'all, remember, up until that point, Clay had never missed a playoff game. And he would, man, Clay would roll his ankle, it'll turn purple, and like this dude was still playing these playoff games. Like I always tell y'all, probably the toughest player I ever played with through tough at nails, like and he will go through a brick wall for you with you, and uh, you know, every time he get hurt in some of those playoffs, we'd be like, all right, they got your ass now, shap, like you ain't getting through this one. And I remember, like it was yesterday and he pulled his hamstring and he was trying to work through it, and I remember saying, I said, Clay, I know you've been able to get through all of these injury still just playing, but they got your ass now, like you ain't getting through this one with no pull hamstring.
Speaker 5: He's like, yeah, right, Dray, whatever, watch me play.
Speaker 4: And we played in San Francisco, I think two or three days later, and he did a workout before the game to show them that he could play. And like, when I tell you he could have played, Now, Rick celebrating will always talk about Rick didn't let him play and probably wasn't Clay's best interest that Rick didn't let him play. But Rick didn't let him play. But when I tell you, like where this dude got to in two and a half days to do that workout, and like, look the way he looked in the workout to actually could have played in that game. It wasn't the smartest thing for anyone, but I think he showed that he could and it was a tough call for Rick, but Rick had to make the call.
Speaker 5: And watching him go through, I could not believe.
Speaker 4: It, and it's like wow, like they couldn't even get dude out of a poor ham straight. But then he came back in game six and we obviously all know he's going crazy in game six, we know how it ended, but like that's Clay, Like that's who I've had the opportunity to go to battle with for for twelve years.
Speaker 5: I got this video of the day after I got suspended.
Speaker 4: I told you all this story a little bit, but I got this video I took of the day he came to pick me up, picked me up on the boat, which is my first time ever.
Speaker 5: Being on the boat with Clay driving.
Speaker 4: Quite frankly, I didn't really want to go on the boat, and I had to this day because I just didn't know if I trust Clay boat driving. It's a lot of water and ocean and I don't know if I trust Clay like that. But I had to get on the boat this day. And I'm gonna use that video on a documentary or something I'm gonna do on this one day. But now, man, I'm rambling, and I told you all I would because I didn't know where my thoughts would take me. So I'm just kind of giving you these thoughts as they come up. But I'm gonna move on to the rest of free agency. But it's been a hell of for twelve years, and I can't think Clay enough, Steph enough. But this is about Clay man the healthy competition between him and Steph and like who is the best shooter. It's one of the highlights of my career, just to watch that on the daily, to watch them go at it after practice, during practice, like like it was beautiful, Like it's incredible to watch. So I'm thankful. Someday I'll have more thoughts on this, but it's been it's been a hell of twelve years, and one day I'll be able to put all these thoughts in the place and process them. I can't really right now, but saluting my dog Killer Clay Thompson.
Speaker 5: It's been a hell of a ride.
Speaker 4: Chap in other news, as we must keep this podcast rolling, Paul George. I mean, there were other fridge and moves, and Paul George is the biggest of the summer and he is planning to sign a four year deal with the seventy six ers. Also a little salty about that because, as you all know, Paul George was going to come to the Warriors, and we wanted Paul George to come to the Warriors, and you know, we always talk about.
Speaker 5: These organizations.
Speaker 4: What they do for their players and whatnot, and for us to get Paul Georgia would have taken a sign and trade, and the Clippers didn't really want to play ball didn't really want to help him get to where he.
Speaker 5: Wanted to go, and so in turn, they get nothing back.
Speaker 4: And you know, whereas you could have gotten something back for Paul George walking, they get absolutely nothing. So, uh, these these organizations don't always be willing to play ball, and I don't think the Clippers were really willing to play ball for Paul George, uh to get to the Warriors. I kind of understand it. I suppose you don't want him in the same division as you because you may know how that looks if he comes with us. So, uh, that didn't quite pan out for us, which would have been nice, would have been really nice. But yeah, so they'll lose Paul George for nothing, and that also sucked because I think what Paul George could have done if he did come to the Dubs would have been amazing. But nonetheless not gonna cry with spilled milk. But when you talk about these organizations and you all talk about players like, oh this this guy.
Speaker 5: Ain't loyal to this organ like, I never want to hear that again.
Speaker 4: Because Paul George went there, and when he went there, they had plans of competing for a championship. That didn't ever really work out, quite frankly, a lot of that being due to their injuries and not being healthy, never really having an honest opportunity to compete for a championship. But nonetheless, what did Paul George do while he was at the Clippers?
Speaker 5: Maybe for All Star appearances I think.
Speaker 4: And this time with the Clippers, which quite frankly, it's pretty up there. When you look at the level of achievement that Clippers players have had over the years. You know, you had CP who had a great tenure there, you had Blake Griffin who had a great tenure there, but Paul George's tenure there. As far as all NBA's and All Stars, it's not too far off for what the best Clippers of all time had to not be willing to like play ball on the sign and trade where he want to go for. I mean, it is what it is, one of the best players in your organization history. I just don't really want to hear people saying like, oh, that guy wasn't loyal, or like Katie left his team or such and such left that team, like they're not loyal, Like most of these organizations ain't loyal.
Speaker 5: The Warriors have shown loyalty for sure.
Speaker 4: Dallas has actually shown loyalty when you think about Dirk's ride, and like even JJ Burrea going coming back, going coming back, Devin Harris going coming back, like when you Seth Curry going, Like, they've just proven to be a loyal franchise. The Lakers has proven to be a loyal franchise. However, there aren't many. There aren't many out there, So San Antonio Spurs has proven to be a loyal franchise. But like I just named four out of like, so when everybody go on Twitter like, oh this guy ain't that to like.
Speaker 5: Stop it.
Speaker 4: It's not a loyal business because you have players sometimes that want to do what they think is best for them, and teams aren't really willing to play ball, and when you'll take nothing as opposed to something, you don't want to talk loyalty people. So it should probably be careful with all of that talk. Another one that I am very sad about it CP and I know it was been very documented on like how we hated each other, and I am very sad to know that he's leaving his team because in my head I'm like, man, see she gonna end up finishing career here and that'd be dope.
Speaker 5: Like again, this is the part of business that suck.
Speaker 4: Like one year with seeing I'm like, man, I really love this dude, like the incredible one of the best teammates I've ever Hadn't any gone and that is the weird part about this business man. But that made me really sad. So between like in a day of finding out between like Clay and the CP, like it's been I've been sad these last few days trying to process my thoughts, but I'm really sad about that. Nonetheless, CP pop still a genius parents CP with Winby to teach that young fellow the way. CP one of the greatest vests I've ever been around, and I just spent a year around him as a VET myself, and he was a vet to me. And so that's gonna be great for Winby and a young fellow Castle because see Ceep going to teach the young fellow Castle all the things that he needed to know about the point guard position, and he also going to tell him what he's not very good at and what he needed to learn, and a very elegant way, in a very constructive way. But he's going to tell that kid what he good at and what he not good at, and what he needed to learn and how he needs to see things.
Speaker 5: And that is a genius move by the Spurs. Man, Wow, that's a genius move.
Speaker 4: And then then for CP, like you get the opportunity also in what year twenty I think this is about to be for See, opportunity to go lead the next young faith star in the NBA. That's a great opportunity too. He get a chance to in a sense kind of go help mold him. And like, what an honor because you only get that if you've been as great as CP hasn't as respected as CP is, that's the only way you get the opportunity. CP is a very strong personality, always has been super strong personality for them to feel comfortable bringing you in there, knowing how strong that personality of the years, they feel good about what you're going to bring to that kid. That's special, that's extremely special. So I'm happy for See because that's a great opportunity to go help young mold that young fella.
Speaker 5: Who knows where it can go?
Speaker 4: Because young fella special Winby is special, so who knows where it goes? But man that's great, but I'm sad to see Sea leave. Nonetheless, Hartenstein, who was in the G League a few years ago, three years eighty seven million, because he kept his head down, kept working, but was great at what he's great at, which is being physical, tough, hard nose.
Speaker 5: And then he's added to this game. Got a little floater now.
Speaker 4: You know on the offense being make great passes out of the pocket when he get the ball in the pocket.
Speaker 5: Make great reads.
Speaker 4: Got an opportunity I think on a minimum contract, maybe even non guaranteed, and now look at him three years eighty seven million. I love to see those type of stories because I'm a product or something like that. And so congrats to Hardenstein. That's a big move of OKC. They traded for Caruso, they got Hartenstein. OKC not playing. They think they got a window and they going for it right now. And I always respect teams that make it clear we're going for it, and I think Hartenstein is a big addition for that. The Young Magic is going for three years sixty six million for KCP, two time NBA champion.
Speaker 5: I think that's huge for the Magic.
Speaker 4: Huge and I think you know kcps a gray pro and when teams start swinging for guys like KCP, that mean we're serious, we want to make a run. So you know, I was on the shop a few years ago and I was talking about going to play the Magic. That's a different Magic now, and I can respect that they're making a sign and not one year twenty two million for KCP.
Speaker 5: You know how teams do.
Speaker 4: I go, I'm gonna bring this guy for one year because I don't want to talk. Know what they're saying right now is we think we got a window and we need to fill some guys in around our young stars, and that's what they're doing. So they starting to go for it, and I respect that. I saw a couple of deals.
Speaker 5: That were like.
Speaker 4: Good deals for the guys, but team taking advantage of their situation. Wiggins, Young Wiggins, Aaron Wiggins from OKCUH, the young Fella from the Bulls, Patrick Williams.
Speaker 5: A lot of these.
Speaker 4: So I don't know if y'all paid attention, but there's been an uptick of five year deals this summer and uptick of those, and I wonder why it's interesting because new TV money about to kick in and those contracts are gonna go up, and you get some of these guys locked in on these fires your contracts, and you can take advantage of those guys when our TV money go up. If you paying and got eighteen million, now that may that may not even be the mid level when it's new TV money kick in.
Speaker 5: We don't know.
Speaker 4: And so I thought that's been interesting in watching a couple of these teams go through these go with these five year deals on these guys. A couple of these young players, uh. You know, if you Tyrese Maxie and you getting the Max MAXI with the Max you know what I'm saying, and you sign that Max, you know. But a couple of these deals I've been looking at. I'm always happy for these young guys, uh, to see them get their money because it's life changing, and I know the feeling. And I would never I would never make a guy feel bad about getting paid. You get your money. But that was just something that I saw that I thought was interesting, and I just hope that those guys are being made aware of all of the things. When you first get in your bag, you can't really mess around with you. You got take your money. But I just hope someone is teaching all these young guys these things, laying the options out for them and then saying, hey, these are the options. This is what you should do, and hare's why I think you should do this, but this is what you could do. See, most people will tell you this is what you should do, and hair's why I think you should but they don't tell you what you could do. And I just hope those young fellas are being told what they could do. Also, the Clippers resigned James Harden two years seventy million, and Russell Westbrook opted in, and I saw they wanted to trade him, which was shocking to me because I'm like, dang, Russ opted in the four and then they're gonna try to trade Russ, Like, is that really?
Speaker 5: That was a little weird to me.
Speaker 4: Delo opted in, uh valentiunis going to Washington three years thirty million. It's an interesting free agency, but my overall feeling with this free agency.
Speaker 5: By the way, the Doves.
Speaker 4: Just signed Kyle Anderson three years twenty seven million, which I'm excited about because if you watch the playoffs, you know I'm big on Kyle Anderson. Kyle Anderson is a guy that you bring in and he just figures it out to help you win.
Speaker 5: So I like that signing.
Speaker 4: Doves also bringing in de Anthony Melton one year, twelve million.
Speaker 5: Almost thirteen million. It's an interesting free agency.
Speaker 4: I like those signings, but overall, I'm leaving this free agency.
Speaker 5: I'm sad. Peace the volume