Speaker 1: You ready, Andy, yep, I'm ready. This is serial Killers.
Speaker 2: Okay, hold on, let the loud noise come. I still don't know how to shut that off.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, yeah, the microphone. The microphone just drifted away from you.
Speaker 2: I need to tighten my mic. What's going on, Andy?
Speaker 1: You know? Not much? Just living my life?
Speaker 2: Well, cereal two serial Killers. It's episode thirty five.
Speaker 1: Well that's a milestone, yeah is it not? Really? Really? I mean, what happened when you turn thirty five? I cried? You did? Yeah? What's the next milestone?
Speaker 2: Fifty?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, so when we get to fifty, we'll throw a party. I have some confetti that I will throw at you when we hit fifty. So just remember I'm warning you now that I said I'm gonna do that, so be prepared.
Speaker 1: Wait, no, no, no, we need to back up because I said when we hit episode fifty, I wanted to throw like a little surprise party or a party or something like I'm going to celebrate. And you're like, that's not a milestone. And now in this episode, do you want to be all cool and be like, let's celebrate episode fifty. I mean, I'm into it, but don't.
Speaker 2: I don't recall ever saying that you can listen to the audio yourself. Buco, I'm not listening to thirty five of these episodes?
Speaker 1: Are you crazy? Do you just need to go back two or three episodes? Okay?
Speaker 2: I will Hey, so yeah, do you want to go new or classic or classic?
Speaker 1: You want to go classic first? Okay? Sure?
Speaker 2: Yes, all right, let me go down to the cereal sat no boy. Okay, So this cereal was introduced in the early nineteen hundreds. What I don't even know if you call this a ceial, I will tell you that it's now related to the Barbara's cereal company, not Barbara So back in the Benjamin Button Barbara Okay, back in the eighties, Barbara's whatever the hell yeah cereal company is was purchased by Weed to Bix. Okay, We to Bix is like you know another company. They're kind of a healthy cereal company, which you know, so we don't like their stuff, but we might, I don't know. So here's the original Weed to bixs cereal.
Speaker 1: Have you ever seen this before?
Speaker 2: Whole Grain cereal?
Speaker 1: Do you know what? Actually? Because I was looking for international cereals for us to try. This is like a huge one in like Iceland. It is.
Speaker 2: It was originally I believe in Australia when it first started. So it's like a it's been all around the block. It's a whore, good eye.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have some weight to bix today. It's going to be a great shot. I love that, really excited for it. Thank you, Scott.
Speaker 2: These I don't I don't know why they call this a cereal because I'm pretty sure it's just a brick.
Speaker 1: So they literally just took a weed a bix bar cracked it up in a second.
Speaker 2: No, it's not cracked up.
Speaker 1: That's the thing. They're bricks. Look how it's packaged. Do not tell me? Do not know there's two sleeves. Well, this is gonna be crazy so much. Wait a second. I don't even know what to do with this. I'm not the best cereal ever.
Speaker 2: I don't even know how to open it. Hold on, I'm gonna open.
Speaker 1: This a little. Can we only talk in Australian accents? Please? Don't know. Can you talk? I just want to hear your Australian accent.
Speaker 2: I might end I don't know. I hung out with an Australian or a one time when I went to the Olympics in Sydney with Tea Cool Yeah, and all she said was I got a shiny joiny and I was like, I'm sorry, what.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that would literally be the only thing you remember about hanging out.
Speaker 2: That's pretty much all she said to me.
Speaker 1: Cool.
Speaker 2: All right, I don't know what to do with this.
Speaker 1: I can't let me see it.
Speaker 2: It's not going to fit in our cups.
Speaker 1: Yeah, can I see here?
Speaker 2: Take one out?
Speaker 1: Let me take one of these weed Topix discs.
Speaker 2: It's not a disc, it's more of an oblong. It looks like a hash brown for McDonald's. That's how it's shaped.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, and it cut. You know what it looks like. So we have fish and you put water on the pillate teraffin that. Yes, this looks like that's what's going to happen with this one.
Speaker 2: Hold on here, okay, hell you here?
Speaker 1: We go.
Speaker 2: One PLoP it in? But wait, do you break it up? Do you put milk in it? Do you put milk in it?
Speaker 1: Wait? Can you read the back? It has the instructions They shouldn't be instructions with cereal. I love that there is you'r Weeda Bix energy mixed menu. They have them, they like in all the pictures. It's just a full chunk in the ball. Well, I say, then we just pour the milk and let it go. What day is today?
Speaker 2: It's going to be it's Friday today, right, Yeah, it's Friday, Friday. Keep it simple, add milk and warm it up. I don't want to warm it up. There's a different thing every day.
Speaker 1: An oatmeal.
Speaker 2: One is honey and Greek yogret one, brown sugar, walnuts, banana, almonds, mixed berries and chi se.
Speaker 1: I don't even know what to think of this.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, let's just I guess, put milk in it. I don't think we need spoons, but hold on, got a low fat, one percent milk. I'm just gonna put a little bit in the bottom, I guess, and we can just dip it like a cookie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess.
Speaker 2: If any of you have ever had this before, you're gonna have to school us. I mean, what do you do? Do you break it up? I mean the pictures on the box they're not broken up. So I'm just gonna dip it and stir it for a tiny second. Okay, I will just bite the bottom.
Speaker 1: Wait, but are you feeling it? Like the texture? It is breaking in my hand.
Speaker 2: I think it's going to be a mess if we bite it.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna bite it all right, Here we go. Oh no, it's cracking. It's cracked. An it cracked. But I didn't get to try my weed a box yet. Hmmm, are you tasting bacon?
Speaker 2: I did for a second, but not with the milk. It's not the worst thing in the world. No, kind of weird, but it just crumbles.
Speaker 1: It feels like.
Speaker 2: Like a bunch of really thin flakes all congealed. Yeah, like pressed that they like, must press them in a thing.
Speaker 1: But I feel very fancy eating this. You're fairy proper. You have your pinky up as you're eating. Oh, excuse me, I'm just eating my word of bis very mucky. Yeah, I'm done with this one. I'll go three bowls from the spoon. I don't hate it. I think it's pretty decent. Yeah, I would eat this, not like this.
Speaker 2: See, and I'm not a fan of adding things to cereal, but this needs something.
Speaker 1: Some berries are No.
Speaker 2: I love it because I like to have cereal in its pure form, and that's how I rate it.
Speaker 1: Maybe like a as I you know what my biggest pet peeve is do I tape the shut? I don't know when people say they want to splash of something. That's like my biggest complaint. But I think like a little bit of honey would make this an a plus cereal.
Speaker 2: Well, honey is only on Wednesdays. You're allowed to put honey and grig yogurt on Wednesdays. According to the weado Bix box.
Speaker 1: I'm a fan of Weeda Bix. I'm not gonna lie. I'll give it three balls. Yeah, that was delicious. Minds me a little bit of like a grape nuts No, not at all.
Speaker 2: I hated grape nuts. The box is a little flimsy and thin. Oh let's look at the sugar count here ingredients holy barley, malt, extract, cane sugar.
Speaker 1: So that's four. That's it.
Speaker 2: That's not bad. It's fourth. Oh and also salt and iron and iis in the thiamon.
Speaker 1: You know the thiamen is what really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, put me over the edge. All right, So Weeda Bix not terrible. No, we may have to try some other Weada Bix branded cereals. Good day mate, shiny All right, So I guess it's time for the new cereal. Okay, I'm not gonna like this one. You will because you've said in the past that you were gonna.
Speaker 1: Like this one. Okay. Uh.
Speaker 2: Ever, since I married Amy, she has an aversion to maple smell maple. The kids are not allowed to have syrup on the pancakes.
Speaker 1: Not allowed. It's it's it's banned from our house. Yep.
Speaker 2: So I have kind of grown into.
Speaker 1: That as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I do present to you now.
Speaker 1: If it's maple cheerios, I'm gonna die, well.
Speaker 2: Dig your grave because it's maple cheerios. Right, you are right.
Speaker 1: I love being right. I'm so excited for this.
Speaker 2: Let's go flavored with other natural flavors. Maple cheerios from General Mills. First ingredient whole gray os, second ingredient sugar, third ingredient brown sugar.
Speaker 1: Yay.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's a fun game on the back. Look, there's a little owl in the tree and the maple is dripping into the buckets.
Speaker 1: Yes, can you just pour the cereal? Less talk and more eaten. Yes, I want to try these. Okay, is it the maple from Canada?
Speaker 2: It's probably not real maple syrup. So oh, actually, it says maple syrup. Wow, this real maple syrup in.
Speaker 1: Here, because I'm really loving this culinary tour of cereals, Like I'm gonna say, this is from Canada.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is and actually the leaf really does look like a Canadian leaf. Well again, it's a maple leaf.
Speaker 1: I know that. I get it.
Speaker 2: I get it. It is a partially produced with gin engineering. We're gonna have to dig deeper into that still because I don't really I mean, I know what it means, but I'm not sure if it's bad or not. I don't think it's bad. Made with real maple syrup and other natural flavors. Proud sponsor of the Celiac Disease Foundation. Oh that's very nice of you, General Mills.
Speaker 1: What is Celiac disease again? That's when you can't have gluten so I can eat cheerios from Celiac. Correct. Oh I didn't know that. Just gluten free so Garrett could have these. Yeah, too bad, he's not here. He left for the day. Otherwise we would have had him sit in this episode.
Speaker 2: Oh Garrett, you missed your chance by all right?
Speaker 1: So all right, how many cereals are we doing today? Is this the last one?
Speaker 2: We kind of do three in an episode.
Speaker 1: We gotta start saving some Yeah, that's that's very maple smell.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love it. It's like a whole bottle of Antemima syrup. Now, Antemima syrup is not maple syrup. You know that, right, It's just breakfast syrup. There's no maple anywhere in Anchemima or log Cabin or any of that. They're just they're just syrups. You have to buy actual maple syrup in order to get maple syrup.
Speaker 1: What you didn't know that?
Speaker 2: No, all it is is all high fructose corn syrup and a bottle with a picture on it. There's no maple syrup in those.
Speaker 1: I feel so lied to right now.
Speaker 2: Maple syrup is like fifteen dollars a container. Those things are like a dollar ninety nine. They're fake. It's just like real vanilla and imitation vanilla. The imitation vanilla is real, cheap, kind of taste the same, but it's not.
Speaker 1: I am shocked. I am shook to my core.
Speaker 2: You millennials.
Speaker 1: Wow, how about that? A millennial thing? That's my out for everything with you. That's that's the most annoying thing is that I'm just kidding. Oh but engineer Jeff does it all the time too. We have an engineer and literally I could be writing with a pen, a blue pen, and he'll be like millennials right with bluepens? Haven't bluepens existed for years? Let's calm down.
Speaker 2: I have to tell you. I don't think I'm going to be allowed to sleep in my bed tonight because I'm going to smell like maple just having this near me.
Speaker 1: Are you bathing it it?
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter, It's just it's like infused into me already.
Speaker 1: Let's make a deal. If you're write Monty Hall, if Amy can actually sniff out maple syrup, you have to tell us the next episode. Did Amy know you had maple? Okay, that's the game show. Did Scottie have maple?
Speaker 2: I like the theme song? All right, so let's stick in all you did well that I do not four bowls. It tastes like honey nut churios with some maple on top.
Speaker 1: Love it just a little touch of maple syrup.
Speaker 2: I'm going back to the days where I used to like maple syrup. Yeah, so I'm gonna give it three balls. It's not bad.
Speaker 1: No, so far, two for two. These are some good cereals today.
Speaker 2: Well they're okay, we're getting in some good eaten Three balls is kind of middle of.
Speaker 1: The road, like two bowls and a spoon would be middle of the road. You're technically giving it more.
Speaker 2: Okay, not bad, let's move on. Okay, well, wait a minute, what are we moving on to? In two boxes? We do one classic and we do one new.
Speaker 1: Okay, but is this a listener request?
Speaker 2: This is not a listener request? Do you know what this is?
Speaker 1: What? Serial Killers? Why are you like you record these things about telling me? That's my first time ever hearing that. What the hell is that?
Speaker 2: It's a bonus box?
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you, Stas. I loved hearing that. That was great.
Speaker 2: Now we're at episode thirty five and I cannot believe that we have not done these yet.
Speaker 1: Okay, are you ready? Is it just regular frosted flakes?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna give you a hint, even though you just ruined everything, so it is you.
Speaker 1: Do want to take a horsey ride? Sure, but first we'll starting with a complete breakfast, including my vitamin back frosted flakes. Laboring out the tiger in you what good yard crusted flakes good? Where good tiger you can do.
Speaker 2: To fas can they ride? And you you don't remember that? No, oh you weren't boring.
Speaker 1: So that was a series of you're starting to admit that I wasn't born.
Speaker 2: It was a series of commercials in the mid eighties where Tony frosted Flakes brings out the tiger in you.
Speaker 1: I just love how he goes they're packed with vitamins where.
Speaker 2: No, they're in there wentz Well. It was always a scene how liked you know. It was like some kid was like, you know, I'm a loser and someone would come make fun of him, and Tony be.
Speaker 1: Like, you're not a loser.
Speaker 2: Let's go, and like they would do whatever the kids said they couldn't do with again, the frosted flakes van with no windows, Yes, and it brought out the tiger in them or in the in them. So Tony sounds a little terrifying in the eighties. Well that tiger's dead, that Tony's dead. What well that voice guy, he's dead.
Speaker 1: This has been like second episode in a row where you're like, oh, they're dead.
Speaker 2: There's been a few different Tonies and I think the current Tony is like he's also a voice at Disneyland or something.
Speaker 1: Did we hear that somewhere? Yeah, but if it's the same guy, he's dead.
Speaker 2: No, that's the new Tony. It's the current Tony.
Speaker 1: Okay, we can't keep talking about Tony's. All I know is they are great. So let's dig in. I have to go home now, are you going?
Speaker 2: But do you remember though, in Marshall Marshall Marsha episode, we had frosted with marshmallows and those were way too sweet.
Speaker 1: I love for us if flakes. They're probably one of my I know, I'm gonna give it five balls already, So you can't do that.
Speaker 2: I can because I know I like the cereal. It's not permitted to rate before you eat. You don't know my life, sadly I do. Here's a question.
Speaker 1: It says there's a free book in there is they're legitimately an actual books.
Speaker 2: So I already sent away for it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you open this box. No, no, no, you don't have to open it.
Speaker 2: Just so you know, I send away for everything I got to Readbate check in them out for two dollars from Atkins Drinks that I bought for my wife, and she's like, really, two dollars? Was it really worth all the effort to send away for that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? It was. I've got two dollars more in my checking account. Now, so, Nan, you have a checking account. What are you old? It's just a checking account. I don't write checks. I have a checking account. What do you think I have a debit card for. It's like, I don't understand where this switch happened that. Everyone's like, you use the Apple pay. I don't. I need an actual bank account. Now, hold on, we got to swap spoons out? Why?
Speaker 2: Because the maple's all over that.
Speaker 1: I only had one spoonful of the maple. Come on, kill the planet. Here's a plastic spoon getting very defensive. You know what's funny about the weed? A bix one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, look at this, it's still stuck in your mouth.
Speaker 1: Look at this. This is a shaving. Doesn't look like a wood chip.
Speaker 2: That's a shard of weieda bix It looks.
Speaker 1: Like wood chips. I love it.
Speaker 2: All right, Let's see if this brings out the tiger and you Andrew?
Speaker 1: Okay, one two, three, five ball? How I touched everything?
Speaker 2: You want frosted flakes of corn is five bowls for you. I'm gonna go three bowls in a spoon. A little sweet classic, yes, but a bit too sweet for me.
Speaker 1: Sorry, got a little bit of the flake in my throat. So what I was trying to say is frosted flakes really just do everything for me. It's sweet. It doesn't feel like it's sugary, but it's not like too sugary, if that makes it. It is really sweet. And the milk afterwards, always always the milk, Yeah, it's sugar milk.
Speaker 2: Let's check the sugar content. There's a lot and mildcore and then sugar. Do you know that in Europe they're called Frosty's. I love that Kellogg's Frosty's. Oh wait yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know those maple cheerios, Technically they should be called maple scooters.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you something. There probably will be some maple scooters on the way, multi male, and you know what they're gonna use lock cabin.
Speaker 1: You are correct, sir, breakfast syrups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, frosted flakes. Actually the varieties that are out right now. So you got your regular, you got your cinnamon, you got your chocolate, you got your banana cream, which probably will be going away shortly. If you didn't hear that one, go back to the very first episode of Serial Killers. You could check out the reviews on that one and also the marshmallow ones that we reviewed not terribly long ago.
Speaker 1: Keep it simple with frosted flakes. They are good as is cinnamon. I would not like them in a frosted flakes form.
Speaker 2: I would not like them in a frosted flakes form. I would not like them in a raisin brand form.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I was trying to channel Doctor Seuss there, but it didn't work. Wow, Frostflake's been around since nineteen fifty two, so if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Speaker 1: That's why the original be around forever. Is there any cereal where they don't like stray from the original recipe weed bis.
Speaker 2: And cornflakes, you know. Yeah, there's classics that have been around forever. Weedies and Tony the Tiger has actually been the mascot since the beginning.
Speaker 1: That's great. Yeah, So Tony, Tony and the Ceial Avengers would be ready to like spring into action.
Speaker 2: He would he would kick ass. He was really angry and some of the commercials in the early nineties.
Speaker 1: I'm picturing him as more of the Thor type.
Speaker 2: Okay, he just takes that bandana and just he chokes people with it.
Speaker 1: No, I'm thinking he goes like extreme and like scratches people and his claws come out. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I got it all right? Cool.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for listening to Serial Killers. This has been a very successful episode.
Speaker 1: Liked all the cereals. That's a great episode, not bad.
Speaker 2: It's episode thirty five, and thank you for listening this long.
Speaker 1: Do you think people hate when we like the cereals?
Speaker 2: No, because it makes them go out and buy them. You know how many people say that. I was going to try this crap until you told me it was four bles. Really yeah, So hello cereal companies, we're selling cereal. They're flying off the shelves because of us. Get on board. It's the Great Space Coaster.
Speaker 1: What No, but seriously, what.
Speaker 2: Space coast? On the Great Space Coast? Sorry eighties you weren't born yet. Thank you for listening. Please follow us at serial Killers PC and make your Twitter still like.
Speaker 1: On Facebook, we have a serial Killer's page now, Yeah we do. I liked it, you did. Yes, we're going to create a secret serial society where you guys can all chat and talk about what cereals you like.
Speaker 2: Right, yes, Mikey liked it.
Speaker 1: Also great. All right, we're gonna go, but you also need to subscribe. We are on pretty much everywhere now, like it's really hard not to find us, so you can go anywhere be it.
Speaker 2: You don't have to name them all, you'll find it. So until next time.
Speaker 1: We need to say one more thing. What you can listen to us everywhere. We're on tune in, We're on Stitcher, iHeartRadio, Google Podcasts, Apple Podcast. Click the five stars button, click the subscribe button, all the new ep episodes straight to your phone. Make sure you give us five stars.
Speaker 2: But did you realize you don't have to tell them where to listen because they're already listening.
Speaker 1: Yes, but maybe people listen on a different app and downloaded just one app to listen to us. Now they can listen everywhere. Millennial, how is that? Millennial? We gotta go, like, I need you to explain.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to We love you And until next time, Crunch Crunch, They're great. End it, end this recording now