Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast am on iHeartRadio at.
Speaker 2: George Norri back with Anthony Hamilton, a former professor of communication at Calalno University in North Vancouver, Canada. He is recognized internationally as an authority on the art and science of mental time travel. One of his books, Mind, Time and Power describes the results of his thirty years of research into how our thoughts and feelings shape our lives. This work began after not a body experience at the age of ten. He saw himself at the age of thirty two and spent years twenty years as a matter of fact, searching for an answer to the question how is it possible to receive information from the future. He eventually realized that all of us receive information from the future constantly, but most of us are simply unaware of it. Anthony Hamilton back on Coast to Coast, Anthony, how are you.
Speaker 3: I'm great, George, how are you doing?
Speaker 2: Good? Looking for this and what great work you do, my friend? Great work?
Speaker 3: Well, thanks so much. Thanks to you. You really helped to spread the word of what I'm doing. A huge number of people that come to me have heard me on your show, So I have to thank you for helping me get the message out.
Speaker 2: How do we know about receiving information from the future, How does that happen?
Speaker 3: Well, where can I begin?
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: What happened to me, of course, was I had a dream when I was a kid, and I saw myself at the age of thirty two, and as I got into my late twenties, more and more of that dream started to come true. So I eventually put together, after twenty years of research, a theory which is widely known as quantum consciousness. It's a way of describing the way the mind works using the principles of quantum physics, which is a departure from the way we normally think of how the mind works, which is based on Newtonian physics. Well, of course, in Newtonian physics, you can't know anything about the future because the future hasn't happened yet, and they assume people that, you know, all of us have grown up with this Newtonian model that says our presence is created by the past. Well, Einstein came along over one hundred years ago now and said, you know, according to his mathematical equations of relativity and quantum mechanics, it's just as possible that the future influences the present as much or more than the past does. So this gave me some insight into understanding this dream that I had, because what I was doing at the time was I had taken some training in visualization, law of attraction, and something called silver mind control. I remember that, so I became pretty good at using my imagination and visualizing my goals, right, this is what I was using it for, helping me make my goals come true. And during one of these sessions where I was just you know, visualizing, I decided to go back and try and remember more about my past. Because my past was more or less a blank to me. You know, I couldn't remember too much about my childhood. So I'd been used to doing these twenty minute visualization exercises every day. I'd been doing them for years, so I thought, well, I'll just spend some time exploring my past. And during one of these visualization exercises, I remembered having this dream at the age of ten. And here I was now in my early thirties and realizing that a lot of the stuff that was happening in my life now was happening that I had seen in this dream, Right, So I thought, well, wait a second. Now, nobody argues with the fact that here I am, in my early thirties remembering something that happened when I was ten. Everybody says, that's perfectly normal. That's what we call memory.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: But what if memory is not a recording? What if it's a connection? Right? Because one of the things that I had read from Einstein studying some of his work was he said, you know, there's no time and there's no space. There's space time. So the laws of time and the laws of space mirror each other. What's true for space is true for time, Right, So I thought, well, one thing I know about space is information passes through it. Like right now, I'm connected to you, and you're connected to me via this connection. We can call it the internet, we can call it a phone call, you know, whatever you want to call it. But the information's going from you to me and back and forth. Right, So I thought, well, what if memory is a connection. I'm connected now in this meditation exercise, I'm connected to my ten year old self. That answered my question as to how it's possible to get information from the future at the age of thirty two in my case, when you're ten, because if it's a connection, it's kind of like a phone call through time, which according to what I understood from Einstein's work, it's perfectly reasonable. And that also answered my other question because at the time I was teaching people, I was leading seminars and helping people achieve their goals by using their visualization skills. Close your eyes, imagine yourself in the future, see yourself achieving this goal, you know. And so I thought, well, if memory is really a connection, then goal setting must be a connection too. This explains why people that set goals are successful, because they tap into the future and they use that future as a source of information. So this was in nineteen eighty that I figured this out. So I've been thinking about this now and teaching people these principles for you know, the last forty five years, and what I've come to believe is that literally every thought we have is a connection. It's a connection into something in the past or something in the future. And of course, according to quantum physics, there's a whole spectrum of pasts, and there's a whole spectrum of possible futures. Some of which happened and we experience them. So that's our timeline through the physical world. You know, I can remember specific times in the past where things happened to me or with me, but I can remember all kinds of things that might have happened but didn't. And when I look at the future, I can imagine doing something to more Like I have an appointment tomorrow morning downtown. I can imagine myself driving downtown and going to disappointment. Well, unless something interferes with that, that's going to happen. That's going to be a physical event. I'm going to get in my car, drive downtown, have this meeting with these people.
Speaker 2: But do you know the outcome of the meeting.
Speaker 3: I don't do I because it's a crab shoot. You know, there's so many possibilities that could happen tomorrow. People could show up, the meeting could be canceled. I could be laid. My car could break down, you know. So there's no guarantee that any particular event that we plan is going to work out. But generally speaking, they do work out. You know, we go to work every day, we do our jobs. You do your show every night. You know, we go to the store by our groceries. So these kind of events, we get information about them all the time, but we don't pay any attention to it because we think, oh, it's just daydreaming, it's just my imagination. It doesn't have any power. But the thing is, when you focus on something that's important to you, i e. A goal, right, whether it's finding a new job, buying a new car, writing another book, starting a business. When something is important enough to you and you focus on it like you're obsessed with it, you form a connection between yourself in the present and that future goal and it starts to talk to you. You start to get ideas, you start to get hunches, you start to get intuitions about how you can take steps to achieve that goal. So these, to me is information from the future. But we don't normally think of it that way, because we don't think of a goal as a connection, right. We don't think of thinking as a connection. We think of it kind of like the air. It's just there, you know, like we're fish in the sea of thought, and we don't pay any attention to the thoughts, but they're all around us.
Speaker 2: If we're aware of it, Anthony, can we tap into it on a regular basis.
Speaker 3: Oh, absolutely, absolutely. Like I say, if you are a goal set er, if you are a person who sets goals, I know you do. You have your schedule for the next few weeks or a few months, or a few years, perhaps laid out in advance. You know where you're going to be speaking, you know who some of your guests are going to be on the show. So those future events which are only possible, they're not physical. They're just outside in the future, in the realm of you know, the possible future, as I would call it. But if things work out, people show up, those events more or less unfold as you expect. But at any particular show, you don't know who's going to show up. You don't know how many people are going to be there. You know, you don't know until the last minute, even if the show is going to go ahead. I mean, you've probably had, like all of us, you had shows canceled or things interfere.
Speaker 2: Right, I've been lucky a little bit there.
Speaker 3: I'm sure you. I'm sure you are. And of course all of us are lucky too, you know, to the degree that we get good at at planning our lives. You know, more or less. What we expect is what we experience. But if we change our expectations, if we if we set a new goal, then we start to experience a different level of ideas coming into our minds.
Speaker 2: How can we utilize the time of the future to benefit us.
Speaker 3: Well, the best thing that I've found is to start to set some goals. Start to decide what it is you want. In all the work that I do, I give people worksheets or a workbook, and one of the first things that I ask people is what do you want? And the funny thing is, you know, most people don't know. Most people can't answer that question. If you ask people, you know, what would you do if you suddenly won the lottery? You know they have two or three ideas. Well, I'd pay off my mortgage, I'd buy a new car, I take a trip, But they you know, that's but it right. They don't have any more ideas. But a person who is artistic or creative sees themselves as a creative person, they can choose the future that they want, and they can with practice, visualize it, work towards it, plan it out, take steps towards it, and they can just step by step move into the future that contains more and more of what they want.
Speaker 2: Does it work that way for most people?
Speaker 3: I think it works that way for pretty well everybody, you know. But the sad thing that I've found is that most people, probably ninety five percent of people, don't really set goals. A lot of people think they have goals, and they don't. They really have wishes. You know, well, I'd like this to happen. I'd like that to happen. But the people that enroll in university because they want to get an architect degree and they spend, you know, five or six years or set in years learning what it takes to become an architect. At the end of that program, they can design a building and they can make that building a physical reality that people can move into and live in. But it starts as an idea in the architect's mind. And all of us really are the architects of our life. But the problem is most people don't think about it that way. They don't plan it out. They think that life happens to them. So consequently, they're like a cork in a stream. They just move around according to where the current takes them. But if you are a sailor, like I am. You have a sail boat. You have sails, you have a rudder. You don't really care which way the current is pushing you or which way the wind is trying to push you. Because you can change the setting of your sails and you can move where you want to go.
Speaker 2: You compensate for that, Yeah, you can compensate.
Speaker 3: You can use the that's trying to blow you to the north, you can use it to set your sales and move yourself to the south.
Speaker 2: What does consciousness, Anthony mean to you?
Speaker 3: Well, consciousness, you know, that's a tricky question and people have been arguing about it for thousands of years. Literally, to me, what it seems to be is more or less what people would think of as maybe my soul or my essence, you know. Like I've talked before when I was on your show previously about the dream that I had when I was young, and the fact that I was going to be married to an Asian woman, that I was going to be writing, I was going to be traveling and teaching, and I was going to become a university professor. All of those things happened. A lot of them happened. By the craziest set of coincidences. You know, a lot of things that I tried to achieve didn't work out, but other things happened by accident. Right, the way I became a university professor was just a fluke.
Speaker 1: But did you.
Speaker 2: Make those things happen?
Speaker 3: Though some of them I did make happen. You know, obviously, if you want to get a university degree, and you go to university and you study for three or four years, whatever it takes, you go to classes every day, you do your homework, you know, then you're following a plan that's laid out for you by the university, and you get your degree, you get your bachelor's degree, you get your architecture degree, you get your accounting degree, you know, whatever it might be. So there's a lot of things that we can work towards and we can make them happen just by our own planning and our willpower and our focus.
Speaker 2: And I was asking you what you thought consciousness means.
Speaker 3: To you, and that's right, So yeah, exactly right. Thanks. So what I was going to say was, now, I'm seventy seven. I just turned seventy seven last last month birthday. Thanks, so my becoming a university professor, my getting my university degrees, my getting married, my writing books, my running, my training business. All of those things exist in my mind now as points in what I call inner space time, right, and I call them memories. But in a sense, they were all there before when I was ten years old. But then they were fantasies, they were dreams, they were goals, objectives, you know what I mean. So those events they existed as possibilities, but they didn't unfold. A lot of them unfolded through my planning, other ones unfolded by accident, and some of them unfolded in very strange ways. But now they all still exist in my consciousness. But I call them memories now they're events in my past.
Speaker 2: Were the events that were going to occur? Or did you make them happen?
Speaker 3: Well, it's a combination of both. Right. It's like if you decide, for example, you're going to buy a car. You know some of your listeners may want to get a new car. So what do you do. You go to talk to people, You look in the newspaper, you watch you know, TV commercials, whatever. You decide the kind of car you want to buy, then you go out look look for it. You talk to people, You go to different dealerships and eventually you make a choice and you buy the car that you wanted. So there's a perfect example of a person who decides, Okay, I want to buy such and such a car and they end up with that car. Simple, right, But there's no way that they could have predicted in advance they're going to buy this car with this then number you understand what I mean. It's like there's a thousand cars that could have bought, but they end up with one. So it's at a matter of making choices each each moment of the day, each each step of the way.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one a m. Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more