Speaker 1: It's your brand new Second Date podcast.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much for being here. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. And I gotta say I think we were all floored that this guy agreed to do one thing before they were able to go out on a date. Yeah, please comment if you would do it. I want to know or how hot the person would have to be in order for you to say yes.
Speaker 3: Bro Right, I don't want to give away too much. This is a predicament. I don't know what I would do. I would cheat. I shouldn't even say that much.
Speaker 1: Well, I think you would have to. Yeah, I would have specifically.
Speaker 3: You guys think you got to listen to you.
Speaker 1: Here in a second.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for subscribing and for commenting, whether that's on Spotify or YouTube for Apple Music. What do you see in Alexis Yeah, beast Life twenty one said, first time commenting.
Speaker 1: I listened at my gas station job. It gets really busy sometimes and customers can be a pain. Thank you for being you directed to everyone.
Speaker 3: You have us on the gas station. Hold on, turn us up real quick. Hey, I see you back there. Don't steal that. Hey, get out of here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he doesn't care.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, Hey, thanks so much for being here.
Speaker 1: Your brand new second date starts right now.
Speaker 3: Second Date, up date.
Speaker 4: Some people have caveats in order to date them where it's like, I'm attracted to you, our vibe is really good, but if you want to go out with me, yeah, this one little thing needs to happen first before I can say yes. Like for me personally, I can only go out with you if you let my mom.
Speaker 3: Dress you for the date.
Speaker 4: Because even though I don't want her to be a part of my love life, she does insist I don't date people who dress too trampy, So I don't want to upset my mother with the people that I date. That's just my one thing. And then we're good.
Speaker 1: That made you so intive.
Speaker 2: Sentence was really One of our listens has an important caveat that she says as an instant deal breaker if the guy says no.
Speaker 4: And I'm interested to hear what this is. So Samantha, welcome to the show. We want to know what your caveat is.
Speaker 1: Who we're starting right at the top. I love it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, my caveat is I drug test the guys before I go out with the.
Speaker 1: Drug. That sounds fun. What are you looking for?
Speaker 5: So I have a serious job. I like, you know, I'm kind of a serious person and I don't want to mess waste my time on somebody who's doing stupid.
Speaker 3: Oh you want the test to come back negative? Interesting? If it's not positive.
Speaker 5: We're not hanging out.
Speaker 3: Our drug test work here at the radio got you? Okay? Interesting?
Speaker 1: And men actually agree to do this.
Speaker 5: For you generally it's fine. Yeah, they don't tend to have an issue with it.
Speaker 3: I mean, you don't do anything.
Speaker 2: You'd be like, okay, is it like's I mean, yeah, that's what I tell you?
Speaker 1: So hard drugs or fun drugs? What are you looking for?
Speaker 4: Definitely looking for?
Speaker 5: Just like no drugs, I guess. Also, yeah, obviously they could like get some dude's tea or whatever. So no, we do it at a my apartment when they come pick me up.
Speaker 4: Okay, So clearly this must have happened with your date that you're going to be telling us about here.
Speaker 5: That is correct.
Speaker 3: Should we just have.
Speaker 1: One more question?
Speaker 2: Are they giving a heads up before they get to the apartment or is it a surprise drug test?
Speaker 5: Well, for example, like with the guy that we're talking about right now, we were chatting on for a couple of days or whatever, and I didn't mention like, hey, I'd like to go out with you. Yeah, but this is my one caveat right, And he just kind of like l O L And I thought it was a joke maybe, but he was like, Okay, I could see that being a joke.
Speaker 3: Like, by the way, I'm gonna drug test you when you get here. Okay, So what's this guy's name?
Speaker 1: By the way, Dave?
Speaker 3: Dave? Okay, so Dave laughed when you suggest then at the door. What happened? What happened when you actually met him?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I mean gave him a hug, invited him in for a drink, and was just like, hey, remember I have mentioned drug tests. Can you give me a sample?
Speaker 3: So what was his reaction?
Speaker 5: He was like shocked, like didn't think I was serious. I was like, yes, yes, I am.
Speaker 4: You mean most of your dates don't start this way day.
Speaker 3: That's weird.
Speaker 1: So what did he do? Did he do it?
Speaker 5: I mean heakes a little weird, but he did. He he went and did it. It's like one of those like from CBS or whatever.
Speaker 2: You yeah, do you know immediately whether he's on drugs pretty much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it comes back like ten fifteen minutes. You just have to wait for the stick to like tell you the colors of what in his key?
Speaker 2: I guess, so it's only within like if you've done drugs recently, you don't know about me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what happens if it comes up positive? Do you immediately not do the date?
Speaker 5: I didn't even think that's the whole point. If it comes up positive, he's out the door.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, wow, So.
Speaker 1: Are you just sitting in your living room waiting silence? Like what is that? What is that time period?
Speaker 5: Like, you know, getting to know each other. I try and make a joke about it, like try and have a normal time, and then I go back in the bathroom in seats and.
Speaker 3: The second that would be awkward combo. Let's not get to know each other too well in case you leave after this. But what are your interests?
Speaker 4: So just the fact that you want us to reach out to Dave must mean that it came back negative.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so then I mean we went to dinner. He seemed a little I don't know, rigid or something. Maybe he's a little weirded.
Speaker 3: Out, But how did he seem rigid.
Speaker 5: He was just making weird kind of joke, so like off handed comments.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: At one point I was like, what do you do for the weekend? What's your hobbies or whatever? He's like, not drug stuff.
Speaker 1: It's kind of funny but also kind of suspicious.
Speaker 3: Or you could have been like, I do tons of drugs and that would also be fun.
Speaker 2: It sounds like he's having a hard time getting over that initial drug test, the shock.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, and I mean he did also call me the FBI bumble.
Speaker 4: I mean, okay, well, but it's cute to establish nicknames early on in the relationship.
Speaker 3: So maybe we could look at that as a good active game.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, was there any flirting?
Speaker 2: There was flirting.
Speaker 5: I feel like we had a good connection otherwise, like when we were talking about other things. But he did seem to kind of go back to that a little bit.
Speaker 3: But here's the big question. Was there a kiss.
Speaker 5: There was not a kiss. There was a hub and he said he would call me and we'd go out again, and then nothing.
Speaker 1: It's a different type of test before the kiss happens.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's definitely.
Speaker 5: A different type of test before the bed happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, at least you're thinking of that. So it sounds like he.
Speaker 4: Couldn't recover from the test, but like why, like he passed it.
Speaker 5: That's the thing.
Speaker 2: I think the more you sit with it, probably the stranger it starts to feel like maybe you take it and then you're just like.
Speaker 1: Why did I what did I just do?
Speaker 2: Or you're into that stuff like don't want to date someone who's not.
Speaker 3: Not to mention, it was a huge surprise him.
Speaker 4: He wasn't expecting to actually have to provide a sample in front of her on the first time that they met. So what's happened since that date ended?
Speaker 3: How long has it been.
Speaker 5: It's been about a week, I guess. I waited a couple of days for him to contact me, and then I did reach out, like two days ago, just text him like, hey, it was great meeting you. I'd love to see you again or whatever, and I haven't heard of anything.
Speaker 1: It's important that she gets ahold of them. There's not many men that can pass that test.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, so it's a big deal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so let's call this guy in a couple of minutes. Here, we'll find out what he has to say. I can't imagine I mean, you've already tested his pe like it's I don't know what base that would be in romance terms, fit six base. I think it's not in the ballpark, Okay, in the alleyway behind the.
Speaker 1: Ballpark maybe, Okay, yeah, but we're.
Speaker 4: Gonna get whatever his answer is when we call him come back, get your second date update.
Speaker 3: Right after this hold on.
Speaker 4: Second date update, I can already picture the wedding vows when Dave is up on that altar and says, some from the moment you pulled out that six Hounds plastic cup and asked me to provide you a sample, I knew you were the one.
Speaker 3: Tears everywhere.
Speaker 1: Nothing says love like you'urine testing.
Speaker 3: You know we're not exaggerating either.
Speaker 4: Samantha actually has a rule that she cannot date anyone who uses drugs because of her job. It's not allowed and to be damaging to her image in her career to associate with people like Brook and Jose for example.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's why I want to get a test.
Speaker 3: But that's the thing.
Speaker 4: Her date day did provide a sample past the test and was clean, so it should have been smooth sailing from there.
Speaker 3: That's what I keep saying, I keep going.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: He was nervous and tough, but he passed. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean it's weird that he was acting so strange on the date, right, Samantha.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's the thing I forgot to ask. Did you explain to him the job aspect of this?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I mean I told him as much as I could about my job. I can't really go into a lot of details, but you seem to get it.
Speaker 3: He said, you like an important job.
Speaker 5: I have a very important job.
Speaker 3: Well, we have an important job right now.
Speaker 4: To get Dave on the other line and get some answers out of him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, drug test him again?
Speaker 1: No, no, no drug test required on this show.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, So here we go. I'm in a dial Dave's number. Hopefully he picks up. It's not too traumatized, but here we go.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 3: Hey, is this Dave? Yeah?
Speaker 6: This is hey Dave.
Speaker 3: How's it going?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 3: You're on a radio show right now called Brooke and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 1: Hey, welcome to the show, Dave the radio show.
Speaker 6: Yeah, answers, random, What's what's up?
Speaker 4: This is kind of random, but we're calling on behalf of one of our listeners that you went on a date with recently a girl named Samantha.
Speaker 6: Oh okay, yeah I remember Samantha.
Speaker 3: I bet yeah.
Speaker 1: I would think that's a date that's hard to forget.
Speaker 4: And so we're doing this segment called a second date update because we know there hasn't been a second meetup. She's a little bit confused about why it's not happening yet.
Speaker 6: Wait, did she make you guys call me?
Speaker 1: Didn't make Yes, it was a pretty interesting story about your date.
Speaker 6: So yeah, it was different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, different is a good way to describe it. According to her, she asked you to come pick her up at her place. She pulled out a drug test. You seemed surprised about that.
Speaker 4: Anybody would be surprised, even though she did mention it to you before you went out, and you still were shot right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean definitely. It was a first for me having a drug test before going on a day for sure.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Were you worried about passing it?
Speaker 6: No, I mean I'm pretty good about all that stuff.
Speaker 3: But that's what we heard.
Speaker 4: It came back all clean, and you guys went out to dinner. But she said that you seemed a little bit uncomfortable when you were out because you were making some jokes and comments being very adamant about not using drugs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, like, what else am I supposed to do? I mean, yeah, I just got a little shocked.
Speaker 1: I actually applauded your humor. What you call her the FBI of bumble?
Speaker 6: She said, oh, yeah, yeah, FBI da something.
Speaker 4: I don't know what she does, but yeah, any of those initials right.
Speaker 6: So, I mean, yeah, she told you about the drug test, But did she tell you about her dog?
Speaker 1: Her dog?
Speaker 6: No, we didn't.
Speaker 1: Did you hear about a dog at the apartment?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: No. So she sets up the date and then we go to a bar that's like dog friendly, there's other dogs. She didn't come right out and say, but I'm pretty sure her dog is like a drug sniffing dog.
Speaker 1: What what?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why would you think that?
Speaker 6: It just like stiff in my pants the whole time? It's a German Shepherd, Like she's kind of like looking at him like wait for him to signal or something like it is this awkward, like even after the drug test.
Speaker 2: Yeah, honestly, that would make sense. Why she would need a drug test every one? So a dog doesn't attack them?
Speaker 3: Do the dogs instantly attack if they sit, yeah, and they're like ready to attack. I think they just point at whatever. Still, it would make whatever they do.
Speaker 1: Drug dog before. Yeah, but they scare me, even the beagles.
Speaker 4: So you're saying, are you one hundred percent sure that her dog is a drug sniffing one?
Speaker 6: I mean, come on, say, but I mean the way he was active. Also the German shepherd and the whole drug testing that put it in my head. I was like one plus one equals too. You know.
Speaker 5: I feel like all German shepherds are drug dogs, you know, the ones that aren't trained their snitches.
Speaker 3: The other ones.
Speaker 1: Did it go to other people at the bar?
Speaker 2: Like was it sniffing out?
Speaker 6: I mean she was hold a pretty tightly show, so I really don't know you.
Speaker 2: Even though you were totally clean and innocent, I would start to feel like I was on drugs in that moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah drug lord.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, like I was like Walter White.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The only way to find out for sure the status of her and her dog is to just ask Samantha, who's on the other line right now waiting to talk to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, dude, you didn't tell me she was listening.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how this worse. But Samantha there, Oh god, yeah, I'm here.
Speaker 4: Oh would you would like to address the allegations against your dog? Uh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, my dog is not a drug sniffing dog, And that sounds really paranoid.
Speaker 4: Drug users are a little bit paranoid. He wouldn't be so upset about it if he didn't have something to hide.
Speaker 3: The girls just said.
Speaker 1: At the airport, I'm always scared the same.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I think it's just suspicions that, like, you passed the test, but then like what are you hiding? Like you seriously think I also brought a drug sniffing dog.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, what else am I supposed to think? Like this is the first time I ever had a drug test, and then you have the way to dogs acting.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've been honest about everything. I told you ahead of time that that's what was gonna happen. You showed up, you passed it, Like what are you?
Speaker 3: What are you hiding?
Speaker 5: If you're thinking like you're automatically.
Speaker 6: The whole thing was just such a bizarre experience. It was supposed to be a date like romantic and fun. That wasn't any of that, Like have you ever had one of those words like fun or do you I.
Speaker 5: Mean, I feel like, if you have nothing to hide, then it should have just been a like a you know, you pass this test and now let's go have fun and like be normal and not worry about it.
Speaker 6: Ever again she doesn't sketchy, or yeah, you could just leave your German shepherd at home and then we could go through.
Speaker 2: Something like I mean, I do I feel like you should just say, oh my god, I'm so sorry for the mising communication.
Speaker 1: It's not a drug dog like.
Speaker 5: It honestly did not occur to me. That's why I'm just like, I don't know how to have responded it.
Speaker 6: Oh, could not occur to you.
Speaker 5: I mean, at the end of the day, the way you're talking to me right now makes it seem like maybe you did drugs in the past. You're a little defensive, like what is that about? What it sounds like you're hiding something and so yeah, I mean I'm curious, like what that's all about.
Speaker 6: This is exactly why I called you the FBI.
Speaker 5: If there's smoke, there's fire, and so I wouldn't be doing this if it wasn't actually an issue in it.
Speaker 2: If there's smoke, you'll buy Jose, so's it's true?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, oh god, we're such degenerates.
Speaker 3: So listen, Dave.
Speaker 4: At the end of the day, maybe Samantha should ease up on it. But at the same time, Dave made an assumption that wasn't true.
Speaker 1: Okay, So now that you know that it's a non drug sniffing dog.
Speaker 4: Like, so that's that's both of them making a mistake. We agree that we're all flawed, but none of us do drugs. Not on the No one on this call does. So none of our listeners either, right, listeners, Yeah, you don't do it. So let's just try and come together for one more date that we would pay for.
Speaker 3: What do you think, Dave? No more drug test though, right?
Speaker 1: And no doubtmantic Dave? How could you say no?
Speaker 6: Yeah? Yeah, I don't know, like I kind of feel like I've been interrogated or so, like I'm a war criminal or something.
Speaker 1: Well, she hasn't actually looked into that part of your life. Yeah, background check out yet, I'm sure she has.
Speaker 3: That might be her version of for play. Samantha at this point, do you still even want to go out with Dave?
Speaker 5: I would go out with Dave again. I mean, I haven't seen any other red.
Speaker 3: Flags other than his, like Karen Oyan.
Speaker 4: I mean, honestly, compared to most people dating online, that is a plus, Dave.
Speaker 3: It's up to you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, as long as you don't bring the doctor, I'll do one more time.
Speaker 2: I don't expect that drugs this date because she's not going to test you.
Speaker 6: I heard that.
Speaker 4: Second test is comment get the gloves ready.
Speaker 3: Looking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: This is a great example of how not every first date goes perfectly with non stop romance and constant farty conversations.
Speaker 1: None of them or any romance.
Speaker 3: There is no all like a job interview.
Speaker 1: About each other.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's the only time a man has pulled down his pants on a date and it has not been for why, you don't see.
Speaker 4: Sometimes even good relationships start with hiccups and mistakes where maybe you spill some ketchup on your shirt, maybe you get cavity searched by her bomb sniffing dog by the dog.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, things don't always play out like the fairy tales say.
Speaker 1: I don't know it's you and the dogs, jeff but my.
Speaker 3: Mind goes places.
Speaker 4: Okay, so let's just remember that even if your first date didn't go perfectly, there's always a chance it could.
Speaker 3: Work out again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and as sterile as you can get, Stare is a good I still wonder.
Speaker 3: What her job was. She's so serious everything.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's not as serious as she thinks.
Speaker 3: She takes its seriously. She checks tickets at Disneyland.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but anyway, if you want some help in your dating life, email the show. We'll call that person who's not calling you back, and go check out all of our second date updates wherever you get yours at Brook and Jeffrey