Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Stayin Resists trend Sheets courtesy of Taco Bell a story that we'll get to momentarily.
Speaker 2: My name is Jack, that is Miles.
Speaker 1: It is Wednesday, December sixth in the afternoon, and these are some of the things that are trending right now. RFK Junior is trending for admitting to a second ride on Epstein's JED.
Speaker 2: I actually was not.
Speaker 1: I have a tough time remembering which celebrity like that. I have pretty good mental rolldecks, like I know, Matt Groening, Malcolm Gladwell, you know, like Chris Tucker, Chris Tucker famous Space spaced Clinton, so many nineties luminaries. RFK Junior, I had not put in that category. And we're already getting a and actually there was a second one too, confession. So Fox News just aired an interview with the embalmed Corpse of Robert Blake. No, I'm sorry, Waite, that is RFK Junior. Wow, that's huh. Looks like the embalmed corpse of Robert Blake. So, after previously stating he had only been for one ride on Jeffrey Epstein's private jet, in this interview, he's like, okay, fine, there were two and but the.
Speaker 3: Second time his wife though too. He was like, my wife knew like Gilaine or some shit, I don't know.
Speaker 1: And I had my kids there with me, which isn't like a great testament to your judgment of character and just judgment in general that you took your family, your children on Epstein's private jet for a fossil hunting weekend.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean, like it's one of those things. It's like there's there's.
Speaker 3: Definitely levels to the Epstein jet thing, Like yeah, more in terms of like this guy Epstein was just like a wheeler dealer type guy. So he's gonna like part of his way, part of his graft, is to do these favors for people, like be like, oh yeah, take my jet, take my jet, because you're trying to build that rapport. So when it's time to like exploit the relationship, you kind of built up enough goodwill. I mean, I'm not defending RFK, but like there's there's I can't imagine that, Like I feel like many people have been on that jet, but yeah, it's all it's just not a good look at all in general when you're like, yeah, dude, I was on that jet.
Speaker 1: Maybe like if okay, fine a second time, but whatever, Yeah, he went to.
Speaker 2: Holding up.
Speaker 1: Is he still Like I know, there was a thing back in end of November that was like he leads all candidates in a favorability pole, like right, right, right, more respondents have favorable opinion of Kennedy as opposed to basically all the other candidates. But I don't know if that's like a it seems like weirdly specific, right, like it was.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, I think in a three way I mean, I don't know what the most recent polling is, but I feel like recently the like at the beginning of November, it was like he was taking like a little over twenty percent in a three way race, right, which that is not insignificant. Yeah, yeah, I just like there was someone on Twitter, I think it was Chase Mitchell. They took just like a screen cap of that Jesse Waters interview where it's like RFK Junior Jesse Waters and the Chiron.
Speaker 2: Says RFK Junior.
Speaker 3: I was on Epstein's plane twice and they tweeted I'd keep work shopping.
Speaker 2: That campaign's looking oh shah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And anyways, I was on Epstein's plane twice twice?
Speaker 2: Okay, easy now all right? Uh.
Speaker 1: Taco Bell continues to just know their audience, and they have introduced because in honor of college finals, they're offering students a seven ninety nine s O S kit complete with souses taco shells. Here's one, No meet would be amazing if it was just a warm room temp ground beef, shelf stable ground beef. Don't ask us how, but it is shelf stable. And then finally a stained resistant bed sheets, which god that those just that combination of words evokes for me the least comfortable bed sheets that I've ever I could imagine.
Speaker 2: Like it's horri fying.
Speaker 1: It reminds me of like one of those picnic like tablecloth you know.
Speaker 2: Oh that's like plastic basically like.
Speaker 1: Plastic on one side and then like a little selty on the other.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, like that, what else could it be made of? You know?
Speaker 3: I mean, if it's just the it's funny like is for the most part, I'm like, oh yeah, cool, But I think we're just both thrown off by.
Speaker 2: Stained resistance sheets.
Speaker 3: Like wait what I get like some things, but maybe like the way they're you know, like maybe Scotch guarded or something, or like chemically it's going to like not be a stain resistant.
Speaker 1: We talk and is it, am I when I spill fire sauce on these sheets? Are that is it going to like beat up like it just turned into little like pearls of sauce or is it like stain resistant in the sense that the because I'm I'm looking at a picture of them and they are bright purple into hot pink gradient.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so maybe it's just like.
Speaker 1: Stame resistant in the sense that, like you're not gonna like give a shit what these look like.
Speaker 3: Oh you seriously can see that red taco sauce stain on the red part of your sheet?
Speaker 2: Dude, come on, bro, I like that. If that's just it, they're just going off the color.
Speaker 3: There's nothing fabric wise stain was just like, dude, the colors all fucking crazy. So don't worry man if you get some you know, some some sauce on there, some grease, but you know, uh, people should just be doing I feel like, look, we love Taco Bell, but you don't need to buy this. What you need to do is do what I have been doing all the time, is you make a poncho out of a trash bag and then you will never stay in your clothing when the way you eat.
Speaker 1: But will you stay in your bed sheets if you're eating in bed? So they claim that this was inspired inspiration struck, you know, the muse came to them, entered their their door on flights of golden fleece, and whispered in their ear this idea. And they were inspired by numerous fans who confess to eating taco bell in bed.
Speaker 2: I'm not one of them.
Speaker 1: No, to be honest, like truly in bed, I am averse to eating in bed.
Speaker 2: And that is say your partner likes to eat in bed.
Speaker 1: My partner has been known to eat crackers in bed, and.
Speaker 2: It is a pet peeve. It's a it's an issue that we've just like that's violated.
Speaker 1: Crumble, crumbly, crummy, sharp shards. I do something like I do in this respect. Feel like Tim Heideker's character in that one. I think you should leave sketch where.
Speaker 2: He's like the gaspacho burn my lips because it's room.
Speaker 1: Temperature and I expect it to be ice cold with crumbs in bed. It's like, I mean, they're small, but like something about a sing, Like just a single cracker crumb in bed just fucks me mentally.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, I do not want to be in this bed anymore.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, especially like when it's like the smallier back or like the back of your leg or some shit like was that fucking broken spark plug in here?
Speaker 2: The fuck was that?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 2: No, I just eating my little crackers in bed. I'm just get in with the crackers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not enough taco bell in my car though, to know that, like it is hard. It's it's not an easy food stuff to keep off of your clothes.
Speaker 2: Just it gets it gets a little in your car. What am I eating? Which item?
Speaker 1: I think it's the cheesy guordia to crunch, like just any anything like I feel like, you know, once you get the sauce out, like it it's coming out the other side a lot of the time, you know.
Speaker 2: Look, that's why that's what I do. I just I just take little rips off the packets. Oh yeah, dude, I've had a few.
Speaker 3: Because sometimes when you're trying to sauce a taco when you're driving, you could fucking cause a life in a car accident, you know what I mean? Like trying to like balance shit, you like trying to get the fucking wrapper open, and they cracking open the thing. Either if I'm driving, I'll be like, yo, her magicty hook it up, like sauce this thing. Or I'm like tear off the corner of the thing so I get a little take a little rips off the packet as I hit my you know, case of deer Hey, babe.
Speaker 2: Sauce me.
Speaker 3: And then she's just like sprays it in her mouth about cops pull us over. They're like, what the fuck?
Speaker 1: That's just like we're pulling you over and gonna arrescue on the ground. So that being fucking gross.
Speaker 3: So gross dude, and like I might be violating your like civil rights, but like I honestly feel like I have a good shot if that once a judge here is what the fuck happened?
Speaker 2: You were just doing?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So, I mean the price is right at seven ninety nine. The only catches, like we said, it doesn't contain any cooked food. You have to provide the meat and veggies yourself. And then the other catches that you now have taco bell bed sheets that are presumably made of like scotch guarded within an inch of.
Speaker 2: Yeah, also what size of the bed sheets?
Speaker 3: You know, like, are you excluding people that might be in loving marriages who also might be wanting to you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: It's just like they get yeah they did twin beds, and we're like, and we're not hearing any complaints.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's actually a flat sheet because we don't have these scumbags all just fucking lay it on top of the air mattress.
Speaker 1: Then we'll give you a squeegee just to like wipe it off your body as you all right, let's take a quick break.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back.
Speaker 1: We'll be back, and we're back, We're and uh you Grant continues to come out of the closet as a complete asshole.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, like just as an unapologetic asshole. I guess so.
Speaker 1: I I mean, his roles have been trending in that direction, Like he went from always just being like the lovable buffoon to like playing more villains in movies Villain and Paddington too, of course the citizen Kane of our time. But then like on the Oscars Red Carpet, he was just like kind of the biggest dick I've ever seen somebody be in one of those red carpet interviews, Like he was like he just hadn't even heard of red carpet interviews and like just thought the whole thing was completely absurd and was yeah, truly truly a complete asshole. Yes, those sorts of interviews are dumb, but you showed up at the Academy Award red carpet, so right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He just always has like he never has anything good to say. When like a movie of his comes out, it's always like funny. He's like, yeah, yeah, it was kind of a shit time making it, but uh yeah, yeah cool.
Speaker 2: He seems to hate making movies.
Speaker 1: But yeah, he said his quote, his quote on this one, I made a big fuss about it. I couldn't have hated the whole thing more. And then asked, but was it all worth it to like get the final product what you see up there on camera or on screen, and he said not really, and then he later joked that it was nothing personal against uh Wonka and director Paul King, just I slightly hate making films, but I have lots of children and need money.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just let them know you got three no money, you know what I mean? Why can't you have no kids in three money home or Simpson we know? Oh he got five? There you go, damn and they're not even in college.
Speaker 2: Bro, you're yeah, I know, kids five money starting to sound pretty good? Yeah, oh kids five money? The new Hugh Grant movie.
Speaker 1: He who is the mother of his children? Is it Elizabeth earlier? Was that just like an old.
Speaker 2: They were dating? He haskay one with when my brain stopped taking in new memories?
Speaker 3: He has three with his ex King lan Hong Tabithan Felix, twelve and nine and then wait, hold on these numbers, these math say mathen and then his wife Anna Eversteen he got eleven, six and five.
Speaker 2: Damn. So what happened in between? Yoh wait? Wait wait wait wait wait wait You got.
Speaker 3: A twelve year old and a nine year old with your ex wife and you got an eleven year old with your current wife.
Speaker 1: Are we sure those dates aren't just unupdated on the first kids?
Speaker 2: They could be. I don't know. I mean this is like this news all yeah, yeah, yeah, no secret family. Wait but what don't you understand? I'm you grand secret family? Come on, Oh my god, I mean yeah, he's just a professional fuck boy.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, been like that so anyway, Yeah, keep hustling, man, you're gonna have to. You might have to don that capsuit a few more times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I do love this level of just self uh you know, pity, he said, Creating his crotchety umpah lumpa was like wearing a crown of thorns because of the camera rig around his head. Like anytime the person, especially a middle aged white man, is comparing himself.
Speaker 2: To Jesus the Cross. Yeah right, right right, No, man, must it been so hard? Must have been so hard? Yo.
Speaker 3: I don't know if y'all know this, but wearing that the new MO cap stuff like that they use an avatar shits like a crown of thorns.
Speaker 2: Bro, And I was getting whipped with the cat with.
Speaker 3: Nine tails on their Yeah no, I just no. Just the MO capsuit I think was made of a synthetic like poly fiber, and he just didn't react well to my skin, so my back kind of broke out.
Speaker 2: That's why I said I was hit with the cat.
Speaker 1: With McDonald's just trying something new other than raising their prices, this article kind of bummed me out, like eater dot com was, Like, by all accounts, McDonald's is doing just fine. The fast food behemoth. Sales have been great with price increases adding to its bottom line. Oooh, what a good, feel good story. It's just so wild to me that that is the tone, that is the point of view of all American media is like just reporting on companies that are just charging people more money for like their budget ass food by like reporting on it like it's a sports team that we're all rooting for. Ah, like they they're the most Yeah, that was so smart for them to increase their prices at a time when people really need budget food because they're hurting financially.
Speaker 3: This, Yeah, this is kind of the other part when I talk I mean when whenever we talk about like the economy and stuff and how there's a disagreement like the you know, the the real neoliberal media classes, like people aren't understanding the economy is fine, and like sure, by all the traditional metrics it is, and there are certain things like wages and things that have gone up, but they completely discount what like all of the social services that ended after the like when they said pandemic over no fucking assistance for people with kids all these other things. The feeling that creates with people is they have less money now because their money's going to other things. And then when you have shit like price gouging fucking everywhere, Like those are the kinds of things like if you're like working in the White House being like what do we do, it's like try and figure out how you get these fucking prices under control too, like make that part of the narrative.
Speaker 2: But again, can't fight the hand the feeds.
Speaker 3: But it's also like it's like shit like this where McDonald's breakfast now fucking fourteen bucks.
Speaker 1: You know, like, yeah, the only president who can get away with that sort of price protections type shit Richard Nixon, famous socialist Richard Nixon, who got away with it. But McDonald's is, as this article points out, it's like just McDonald's is like the thing that is there that all other fast food restaurants are like competing against. But it's never really changed. But they are launching a new concept, which we've mentioned before, seemingly aimed at capturing a younger and more mobile market. It's called Cosmics cos and then capital MC plus freas people are seeing a new location of this new small format aka like no dining room chain getting ready to open in Bowling Brook, Illinois, So it's gonna be like one of those like slow rollout things. But I don't know, it's I don't understand the branding, like it the chain's named after an orange alien character introduced in the McDonald land universe in eighty seven.
Speaker 3: Right, well, no, this is I mean I remember when this story first came out. It's just like, what the fuck is the point of it?
Speaker 2: Dude?
Speaker 3: Like, so is it for younger people? Because it's it's cheaper, like what exect or just the esthetic that you're trying to capture people and go into.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, look, you know, as much.
Speaker 3: As I love McDonald's cheezburger, this shit should just be thirty nine cents.
Speaker 1: So my prediction is what they're doing here is we had the hurry up and wait with the aliens, like they the people who are like, yeah, there's aliens, Like, we have a UFO in our garage back there if you want us to like back it out and show you, and then like nothing came of that. I'm just wondering if the hold up on more information on First Contact is that they are going to organize the First Contact announcement around the launch of this restaurant, because like, aliens aren't going to launch their presence without like a corporate tie and are they, Like that would be such you're leaving money on the table. I mean, look at it, right, McDonald's is doing great just by raising their prices. The aliens have to be aware of that, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's like these are all very valid.
Speaker 1: Points, like a fucking meal Taco Bell meal tie in for like when aliens like announce their presence in our universe.
Speaker 3: Mmmm, well look, I mean that would be appropriate for this whatever version of reality we're in right now. Yeah, that somehow, like the most significant realization of mankind will be a collab with McDonald's.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: All right, And uh, Gaza, the fighting has continued, has you know, after the ceasefire picked back up and intensified, and the IDEF has moved into the city of con Unis in Gaza. And yeah, the IDEF has claimed that they are giving Gazin's fair warning to get to a safe zone.
Speaker 2: But they're just aren't safe.
Speaker 3: There's nowhere safe, like they're like there's like maps that they show like even in like like in Israeli news or like these new like these maps are like ironically bad and cruel, and like one of the people, like spokesperson from UNICEF said, quote, there are no safe zones in Gaza. These are tiny patches of barren land. They have no water, no facilities, no shelter from the cold, no sanitation, and like that's along with like other news we've seen, like where there are hostages that were being held by Hamas were like giving like testimony to the war Cabinet in Israel. And while they did not have much glowing things to say about their captors, like one sort of consistent criticism from these people was that they felt that they were going to be killed by Israeli bombings. Like they were like, we're gonna get killed by our own people, like as we wait to be freed. Because there's one quote of a woman there was just talking about how like you know, like shame on net and Yahoo for like being so singularly focused on Hamas that you would do that at the expense of israelis have nothing to do with this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, it's yeah.
Speaker 1: But it's interesting that like the way the stories, like the thing that hits the headlines is like Hamas is bad, which feels like everyone like everyone kind of knows that and agrees on that, but like not not the fact that like net Yaho like that. The thing that is like counterintuitive, which is that they were scared because net Ya who didn't seem to care about their safety like that, right, that seems to be the surprising counterintuitive thing, But like that doesn't feel like it's hitting the headlines as much as just people continue to like that's why Hamas is bad, and it's like yeah, no, no, ship, Yeah they're fucking terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah are some people who are like yeah, I get it, who are you know?
Speaker 3: Have are want to speak glowingly or whatever, But the fact remains that Okay, this is just this is what just so hard to wrap your head around. It's like they're like, okay, we're we got to we just got to hammer home that Hamas bad, but we're completely missing all these other parts. Because for all of the people who were like who were saying like, yeah, these hostages, like figure out how to get them free, like most onlookers like, how are you going to keep these hostage safe if you're indiscriminately bombing the entire Gaza strip? Or you know, portions of it. How does any of that work? But yeah, now, like you know, it's hard to sort of totally read the sentiment like of what's happening, because while there are definitely people who are you know, I'm reading more about how like much in danger it is for people to be speaking out against the government right now in Israel too. But you know, i'd imagine these kinds of testimonies from people that were actually held there saying like what were y'all?
Speaker 2: Like what are y'all thinking?
Speaker 3: Like this one one was like give them whatever the fuck they want, like get these people out of there, Like why isn't that the first thing? And like instead it's all about this sort of very political thing. And I think that's why many observers too are like this is this is pretty much the last stop for net and Yahoo before like serious repercussions.
Speaker 2: There's like serious fallout for his terrible leadership.
Speaker 3: And just like the failings of their their own their own military.
Speaker 2: So it's again continues to be a mess.
Speaker 3: Uh, And we've only heard sort of hints that the Biden administration is willing to use begin to use more leverage to try and actually guarantee the safety of civilians there.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, ongoing, ongoing.
Speaker 1: The net Yahoo administration is an extreme right wing administrator. Like that's yeah, one thing that I feel like keeps getting left out in the conversations, Like you can object to the net and Yahoo administration the same way that you would object to like the Trump administration, Like they're far far right extreme in the same way that you know, Hamas is a far right extremist organization, Like so is the net Yahoo administration.
Speaker 2: Like people are just ignoring.
Speaker 1: Uh, Like it just feels like you can fairly, straightforwardly just be like, no, nobody should be killing innocent people, but like that doesn't seem to be the focus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, unfortunately, that's that would be a trying to attempt at upending the status quo at the moment, and especially too when you look at this country, especially as history in the region.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the government and the people in.
Speaker 3: Power are not in any way viewing Palestinians as human beings. So there's yeah, there's so many dimensions that allow this to continue.
Speaker 2: So uh yeah, hopefully.
Speaker 3: We will beginning to see some kind of pushback before the situation becomes completely untenable and we're dealing with like a full long global conflict that could have been avoided.
Speaker 2: But yeah, all right here.
Speaker 1: Those are some of the things that are trending on this Wednesday, December sixth.
Speaker 2: We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show.
Speaker 1: Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourself, get the vaccine, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk you out tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Bye. Bite.