Speaker 1: Gambling was something that I did.
Speaker 2: This is Dan Patrick takes a gamble.
Speaker 1: One of my bookies died Ah at the Kitchen.
Speaker 2: Table, a podcast vehicle for Dan to talk about his love of gambling.
Speaker 1: One bet, another bet, another bet.
Speaker 2: Without doing the actual gambling. You're a coward.
Speaker 1: It's easy to have a scapegoat.
Speaker 2: And now join my bad Larry, Shayan Irving, and Dylan the graphics guy.
Speaker 1: I have friends.
Speaker 2: Here's Dan Patrick.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Dan Patrick takes a gamble and the usual suspects are here. Dylan is here, I got Ray who is the producer. Marvin is here as well. In New Orleans, I got bad Larry at the Jersey Shore and Shay where are you?
Speaker 3: I'm in hell? Danny better known as Connecticut.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad to wait. Are you okay? Somebody's sounds sniffly?
Speaker 3: What made me Dan?
Speaker 4: My wife's been sick for a couple of days. I'm down the beach sitting in my car.
Speaker 1: That sounds creepy. Yeah yeah, that sounds creepy. Uh.
Speaker 5: Ok, let's get let's get sick and go sit in our car at the beach.
Speaker 1: Let me let me recap here. Dylan lost two units last week, he's minus six bad. Larry won one, He's got four units, and Shay lost three, so he's minus four units. Is that good?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Sounds about right?
Speaker 1: Okay, And then we have prop bets, we have well a lot of these things. Let me see anything else that needs to be mentioned here? Ray, do I need to mention anything else before we get started here? I know, like there's a lot of other things going on. There's a lot of moving targets. So if you're new to the podcast, get ready. There's a conspiracy theory around the Luca Trade, there's issues at the casino, and uh, let me see anything else ready that we need to address.
Speaker 6: Well, Dylan wore the We went down to Bourbon Street and Dylan was wearing basically like what were you wearing?
Speaker 1: What type of shoes were you wearing? You're like they were loafers.
Speaker 6: They're like loafers that are meant to only be worn inside, and he's wearing them out in the dirtiest place possible.
Speaker 1: That's probably yeah, yeah, okay, they survived though.
Speaker 6: He got recognized three separate occasions on Bourbons Show.
Speaker 1: Yeah he did.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I someone uh, I just hear someone go, that's a b RG and then I like look over my shoulder and he goes Dylan, And at that point I had already walked away too much, so I just kind.
Speaker 1: Of like, ah, hey, oh you big time.
Speaker 5: I've been inadvertently big time. But then Dan at your at uh Dan interviews Dan last night, the h that.
Speaker 1: Guy was there all the guy who went yeah, the guy.
Speaker 5: Who I big timed on Bourbon Street. So we made amends. Okay, he actually ended up buying me a drink.
Speaker 1: Oh, but she should have probably been the other way around.
Speaker 3: But now the fact that anybody has anybody like Spans, have they offered you any drugs?
Speaker 5: It's funny you should ask Shay because no, and I've been pretty fucking pissed about it.
Speaker 3: What's the point. What's the point of being recognized? I don't get.
Speaker 5: I will say I've been offered yeah, walking down Bourbon Street a bunch of times, but uh, I know better than that.
Speaker 1: So this is kind of building shade that Ray and some of the back room guys, Dylan, they were in the pool and their underwear they hot, yeah, hot and.
Speaker 2: Very exposed in the pool.
Speaker 1: They you know, there's a lot of people who can see outside their rooms.
Speaker 5: Mario has is like has one of the giant windows. So we actually and we saw Mario in his underwear in the pool the other day, but he was inside.
Speaker 1: Uh, Dylan and Dylan and Ray went to the casino. So two hours at Caesar's and they were only down eight hundred dollars total.
Speaker 5: Blackjack's fucking stupid.
Speaker 1: I don't know why. Congratulations. And then they they were somewhere on Bourbon Street, around Bourbon Street, and they were drinking cherries out of formaldehyde.
Speaker 5: You know, I would have killed if it was from Aldeide.
Speaker 1: I don't know what, but it's like when you put your the the barber puts his combs in that whatever. That blue stuff is.
Speaker 5: The stuff to kill anything that goes in.
Speaker 1: And they so they these were cherries that were in what alcohol?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it was probably some ever Clear type concoction. And the guy fished them out. I was like, how do we get these out of here? And he just plucked to him out with his hand drunk in the thing, and I was like, he looks clean enough.
Speaker 1: I guess, yeah, he's getting fed cherries, you know, like you're you know, some Roman emperor.
Speaker 5: He gave them to us for free because he was like, literally no one ever asked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's like that's like a dude offering, like take pictures of your feet for free. Like what he loved it. He's like, give you these cherries in your mouth, no problem, and set you up on feet Finder.
Speaker 1: Yeah right dot com. Yeah yes, Ray.
Speaker 6: He also he was like, don't have more than one of these. You'll be in a bad you'll be in bad shape. And Dylan had three and I think five minutes.
Speaker 5: I've had the most epic acid reflux for the last two days.
Speaker 1: And the food is either oh yeah, food is awesome though, uh and bad. Larry, you sent me a suggestion with somebody in your family tree who owns a restaurant down here.
Speaker 4: Yes, Palador five eleven. I've sent twenty people there, at least Dan. Everyone tells me it's fabulous. I've never been there, but uh, plenty of people have. Okay, you can walk to Dylan, walk to it tonight, palad I might, Dylan, I might make a call.
Speaker 5: For you, Larry, if you make a call and then textas the name too, just so we have the smelling down.
Speaker 4: P A l A d A R five eleven. Just cool.
Speaker 1: I can remember thanks Larry. Okay, let me recap here. Anything worth recapping here? Anybody want a bitch and moan about anything? Uh, Shaye will start with you.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, I got lots of bitch about but it's mainly concerning Luca. We don't have to recap.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, you.
Speaker 1: Can do that. You want to do the Luca conspiracy theory?
Speaker 4: Uh did, Danny?
Speaker 3: Okay? Conspiracy theory is something that I do. I've got a lot of them. I spur them on the show. I've got an issue. I get it. But this is real, Danny, This is real. Miriam. Adamson is trying to get a casino built in Dallas, but she forgot that the doubt the Texas state legislature is full of Baptists, full of evangelical to think Hamblin is the sin. So the only way she could move the team to Vegas is the Dallas fan base is apathetic because adam Silver ain't never letting the team leave Dallas for Vegas. It's like the third largest media market. Blah blah blah. Right, you know, Danny, you can text them right now. They'll tell you the same thing. But if they get rid of Luca. Nobody goes to games, nobody buys jerseys, the team tanks, and she can say, you know what, let's move to my gambling resort in the heavens a La Vegas because she can't get one built in Dallas because of the Baptist.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's a Baptist this year.
Speaker 3: It's definitely a Baptist issue, real Baptist, not the liberty fakers, but like real Baylor Baptists.
Speaker 1: Okay, so blame the Baptist, not the not the owner of the Mavericks, Miriam Adelson. Yes she is, I know, but you know, the Baptist don't want gambling.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're the big fucking god guy.
Speaker 3: No, no, no. The Baptists run the state, Danny the bat Or in the state legislature, they're in the Senate, they're in the Attorney General's office. They don't want gambling day. They don't want it.
Speaker 1: And it's kind of funny in Texas.
Speaker 5: You can like blow someone's head off for looking at you, but they can't put a casino there.
Speaker 3: I don't see the irony.
Speaker 1: Uh bad, Larry, anything that you want to recaunt?
Speaker 4: Did Ray not charge me for Ludwig Allberg dropping out or withdrawing from Pebble Beach.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, I had it.
Speaker 6: I had him to win, and the sports book charged me. So you guys got charged too.
Speaker 1: That seems fair, dude.
Speaker 4: Okay, then I'm only then what was my other win? Then? I thought I was even for the week, and.
Speaker 6: You got Saint John's Providence under right. I think you put two units on that.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, that makes sense. Then I don't remember doing that. I mean, I know I bet it and I yeah, I mean I bet it with the I went to the game, so I had him.
Speaker 3: I had him under.
Speaker 4: Under for the first half was sixty eight and under for the game was one forty four and a half. I had them both and it was like the easiest win of all time.
Speaker 3: I hit it.
Speaker 4: Right where you want to talk that morning?
Speaker 3: Right? Shaye had it also? Yep?
Speaker 1: All right, let me start with bets this week, bad Larry, since you're the clubhouse leader, what are we betting on?
Speaker 4: All right? Sign up is gonna be upset with this? Five units? Shay on the Eagles was pocket. It was plus one and a half when I bet it. I think it's one today.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Whatever you guys want to give me. I don't care. Eagles are going to win the game. Then I have one unit. Go ahead, Dan, it's one and a half. Oh it is still one and a half to okay, perfect?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that thing hasn't budged.
Speaker 4: Now my book, he has won already five units on the Eagles plus one and a half. Then I have one unit on like ten bests. I'll just read them off half under the first quarter, my guy ten over forty nine for the game.
Speaker 1: I have Larry, Larry, I have nine and a half first quarter.
Speaker 4: Damn, that's a big that's a big half point. You're stealing from me.
Speaker 1: I didn't steal anything. I'm just telling you what the number is according to drought Kings.
Speaker 4: You know what, I still wanted it under nine and a half. I bet the under for the first quarter in the Super Bowl for like fifteen years in a row. Over forty nine for the game, over Barkley's longest reception at nine and a half yards, over Davonte Smith's longest reception at twenty and a half yards. Then one unit each on anytime scorers. I want Travis Kelcey, Jalen Hurts, Davonte Smith, and Chakwan Barkley Sa Kwan, and I want then the ones that race sent out. I want under ten and a half halftime songs by Kendrick Lamar whatever his name is. I want. I want under under five and a half Swift Taylor Swift sightings. But that's just during the game, during game time, and then of course over the one hundred and twenty thousand beers. I just have to bet over that.
Speaker 1: Okay, uh shay, you're up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Danny, I mean I got I'm probably thirty bets in, but coin toss heads. I also hammered the over five planes and I don't see that on the sheet ray, but over five planes and the flyover.
Speaker 1: Way A man, hold on here, don't don't we do? We have inside information here.
Speaker 5: I'm not going to call it inside information Dan, but I like that bed a lot.
Speaker 3: Okay, we talked about Danny. I hammered it. My local took the bet online number. I hammered the hell out of it. That's essentially my entire weekend. By the way, the roommate invited about twelve people over for Oh, pull me to morning.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, do you want to come over to my house?
Speaker 3: I'd love to I'd love to depart from my family because I got to cook. If I let all these people show.
Speaker 1: Up, no, no, just Shed, No, I don't. I don't want anybody to show up.
Speaker 5: I just if you can pick one you're picking, I would pick Shed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go to the basement. No, no, that's where we would be. We'd be in the basement there. Okay, what else do you have to ben?
Speaker 3: Gatoray color blue? Nick Fole to be shown live? What does Jason Kelsey do? First? Chug a beer? Take a shirt off, chug of beer, lay in one twenty under of the national anthem this year. This is new for me, but John Batiste has shown me his true colors and how much he hates America. So we're going to take the under there. Oh yeah, Danny, Yeah. Primary color for Tom Brady's tie. Great over plus three fifty, let's go.
Speaker 5: Okay, it's a sharp color.
Speaker 1: Yeah, neutral? Yeah. I would have said red and it probably similar. It might be because that would be Chiefs red. So you can't do that bias, you know, do you know what the time?
Speaker 3: Look? Look where he's going going to Vegas? Silver and black bingo Bengo, Hello.
Speaker 1: I like that one. But also, what color is the super Bowl Trump Bingo Bengo chrome silverish, Yeah, silverish chrome bingo bengo. All right, yeah uh.
Speaker 5: Dylan, all right, Dan, I kind of like that tie bat plus three hundred. I might I might sprinkle that into all right, I'm going.
Speaker 1: To did you have how many times three people will be mentioned?
Speaker 3: Shay? I did? Yeah, over one and a half. Hit that like a northern Danny.
Speaker 1: Okay, of course, Dylan, go ahead, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Dan, I got Chiefs minus the one and a half the game to go under forty eight and a half tails for the coin toss, I got two units on purple. I think the Chiefs are gonna win. They've been drinking a lot of purple gatorade in the super Bowl. And the fact that that one's plus one seventy five and they're all way longer odds leads me to believe that maybe there's someone has an inside track on it already. Kareem Hunt super Bowl MVP plus six thousand bucket.
Speaker 1: Wow, nobody else will, No one else will, but I am. And then.
Speaker 5: I'm I'm gonna max bet if as much as I am allowed to on the flyover going over five and a half.
Speaker 1: I don't know how many units he is allowed to bet ray five. Yeah, I'm slapping five on that.
Speaker 5: If you can find that line somewhere, I suggest you do the same.
Speaker 1: Yes, you you could influence the line right here this thing. You could.
Speaker 5: If this thing moves up to six, yes, Ray, I'll check.
Speaker 6: It tomorrow morning and see if it wis Okay, I bet you will move it.
Speaker 1: It's five and a half, okay, all right?
Speaker 5: Yes to an octopus. It's gonna be jail it hurts again, I'll the last time. Yes to a dwink plus five fifty uh saquon under one hundred.
Speaker 1: And twelve and a half rushing yards. It's a lot, okay, over on.
Speaker 5: The national anthem.
Speaker 1: That's that's a two minutes in a half a second yep, one and a half?
Speaker 5: Uh and Kareem Hunt first touchdown score plus nine hundred scored four straight games and then Dan people forget it's waste management weekend too.
Speaker 1: Yes, well it's wasted managed.
Speaker 5: It's wasted management week down here. My guy Justin Thomas to win plus twelve hundred and sung Jay him top five JMA, he is him?
Speaker 3: Yes? Ray?
Speaker 6: Uh, did you happen to see if that donk has to go in. I didn't see that.
Speaker 5: We discussed the lost Oh, yes, i'd actually.
Speaker 6: I'll double check. Yeah, I didn't see any.
Speaker 5: I'm taking it regardless, but that is an important detail.
Speaker 1: If you bank went in off the post?
Speaker 5: Is it in the gate the dink?
Speaker 1: Okay? Anything else that needs to be mentioned here?
Speaker 3: Bad?
Speaker 1: Larry? Who are you watching the Super Bowl with?
Speaker 4: I'm I'm not sure yet, but probably Bobby mahaf You know, we usually go to Mohan's house.
Speaker 1: For of course, everybody knows. Everybody knows Bobby Mahan of course. Why why do you do this all the time?
Speaker 2: I know, but there's a.
Speaker 4: Lot of people.
Speaker 1: Okay, you just say I'm going to a friend.
Speaker 4: I'm going a couple of miles up the ocean to a friend's house to watch the Super Bowl work.
Speaker 1: We watched it before.
Speaker 4: We have watched every Notre Dame and Giant game for the last twenty five years, although I've been in pretty much a no show this year because the Giants suck.
Speaker 6: We wait to stick it out, Larry.
Speaker 5: Yeah, are you gonna stay in your car for that too?
Speaker 4: Larry, I'm gonna head home as some of the show's over.
Speaker 1: Uh, Shae is gonna be with a lot of new friends, the tennis wives of Connecticut.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Danny Airfield Store, I got to get a crate of booze for these women. You have no idea. They don't eat, but they're going to be met.
Speaker 5: Are you going to be serving Shay? They're gonna get that Garson one more please.
Speaker 3: No, not me. They'll probably make the kids serve these wackos one more line.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 3: Next Saturday, we're taking a road trip to Wheeling Island Hotel Casino on race Track in Wheeling, West Virginia. For those loyal listeners out in the God's Country, let us know, hit us up on the Twitter and whatnot, because we're finna get weird.
Speaker 1: Is it you in the roommate?
Speaker 3: No me, Dylan and Ray Danny.
Speaker 1: Oh no business? Oh my, this is right off.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Did they accept that much of a right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's gonna be great.
Speaker 1: Okay. So that that's a week from tomorrow Saturday. Okay, and then if you're lucky, you're new pet greyhound. Yeah yeah, uh so, Dyl, were are you watching the Super Bowl? I've got no plans.
Speaker 5: I kind of forget about that. Like when we're here for the week, it kind of gets lost a little bit. But I'll probably it'll.
Speaker 1: Be low key.
Speaker 5: I think I'll just I'm probably take a nap during and honestly.
Speaker 1: How about you go to SHA's. I could go to Shay's.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're more than a welcome brother, more than welcome swing through.
Speaker 1: And I like that your daughters recognize me on TV, Shay.
Speaker 3: Oh dude, I don't know what's going on with the big girls. But they're watching that Sean Payton film on TV, Yeah, with with Paul Blart. Yeah, and they're watching it and then and then Danny comes on the TV because Sean Payton's watching the Dan Patrick Show. And they're like, oh, so they're freaking here. Shows up. But I gotta deal with that bullshit and why I'm not you and all they're crap and how you're the best.
Speaker 5: There's a whole new generation of Dan the actor fans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean they love.
Speaker 1: It was the roommate. They're watching too.
Speaker 3: No, thank god, Yes.
Speaker 1: Ray, I got one question for Shay.
Speaker 6: How would you deal with going to the casino with people and someone doesn't put in money and then backseat gambles while you gamble and lose money?
Speaker 3: Oh you mean a cooler.
Speaker 6: Yeah, someone comes, someone comes into group and the other person doesn't put money in, but they're just backseat gambling a.
Speaker 3: Cooler and I'm losing. That's a fucking cooler. They're getting called out or tell your cooler to kick rock. I don't care how much you're paying on a W two out of my life.
Speaker 1: Uh ray, where are you watching the Super Bowl?
Speaker 6: I think I'm going to a darts bar, going to play some darts and the watch the Super Bowl. I become a big darts guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, I'm excited about that. Yes, Marvin this mfor had a shirt on of his favorite darts player and he was born in like twenty ten.
Speaker 5: What's my man's name, Luke Hitler, he's seventeen.
Speaker 2: You got a seventeen year old boy on your shirt. He's won me a shit ton of money this year.
Speaker 3: I'm Martin Van Gerwin.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, bad Larry. I hope you have a great weekend, and I hope your wife feels better. And of course, you know, my best to Bobby Mahon, everybody, the entire audience once its best to Bobby Mahan, Shay and Irving. Of course, my best to the roommate and your daughters, Dylan, Ray, Marvin yours truly our pleasure to serve you on Dan Patrick takes a gamble. Good luck this weekend. We'll talk to you next week