Speaker 1: The Best Bits of the Week with Morgan.
Speaker 2: Part one, ihing a thing with a member of the show. Happy Memorial Weekend to everybody, Welcome to the Best Bits. I am joined by some people's favorite, other people's not favorite.
Speaker 3: Probably least favorites.
Speaker 2: When you'd say, well, I was trying to be nice, you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: But I mean see what I do on a Saturday, on Memorial Day weekend. I come in and do this for people and they still don't appreciate it. Oh kick people, Hey.
Speaker 1: I appreciate you.
Speaker 3: Thinks hell, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: All right, Well it's Lunchbox in case you didn't catch that drift before we get into some fun conversations. The best bits you'll check out on Just Bits this week if you're catching up on the show.
Speaker 1: Lunchbox.
Speaker 2: Speaking of says he's famous in Atlanta. We did a draft of Best Ways to Say Goodbye. I shared an update on my relationship with Man in Uniform. Bobby shared the weirdest things about show members Scooba. Steve didn't want to go to his son's graduation. We had Travis Dinning in studio for an interview. And there's a movie opportunity for somebody on the show, So all good stuff over there, Lunchbox. Do you have anything fun planning for Memorial Day?
Speaker 1: The plans?
Speaker 3: No, we went to Atlanta last weekend, so kind of laying low, just whatever. I don't know. Like the pools open. That's what's cool. Is like the city pools open this weekend.
Speaker 2: Where even is the city pool in Nashville.
Speaker 3: They're all over there are Ye, there's one like two blocks from here.
Speaker 2: I just going by, like a pool pass for the hotels for the day. Can you do that with kids?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but that would get expensive to buy a pool pass every day for a kid.
Speaker 2: Well, I have to imagine some of them have like family passes.
Speaker 1: What about like Opera Land?
Speaker 3: Did they do new new say sound waves?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not cheap, that's not cheap. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Let's go this way. We went one when baby Box was maybe two.
Speaker 2: Okay, so baby Box that's four, he's.
Speaker 3: No, he's five.
Speaker 2: Five was two?
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, that's the only time I've been.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, got it, because let's just say we got.
Speaker 2: So city pools. Do we have any water parks? Do you like taking the kids to water parks?
Speaker 1: They're too young for that still I think they're too young.
Speaker 3: Like there's the one over there by Opprey Land that's but like sound Ways is what I consider a water a water park, Okay, I mean it's not. It's not like schlitter Bond back down in Texas. You don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: So you know, I know what shlitter bon is.
Speaker 3: You do?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh I never personally went because I'm terrified of a lot of rides. But my older sister always went, what do.
Speaker 3: You mean you're terrified of the rides? I don't like that on an inner tube yo, and you just you go down.
Speaker 2: The well if they're pretty Yeah, see drops. I don't like things that make my stomach drop.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, they're like they're like slides.
Speaker 2: Let's say. You know what, I'm like, what's that thing where you just kind of float?
Speaker 1: At Lazy River? That's where you'll find me.
Speaker 3: Stop it.
Speaker 1: I love a Lazy River.
Speaker 2: Why it's the only time where I don't like activities is because I don't like the stomach dropt feeling where you just like.
Speaker 3: Drop down, drop down immediately. It's like going down to slide at the park. It's just they're long and you're in an inner tube.
Speaker 2: Some of those I can do. Those I can do, But you know all the ones I'm talking about that are so high up and you're like you literally are like on a rocket down into the water.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like the soda straws. Yeah, it's like a body saw. Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, I can't do those, but the ones on inner tubes that you're talking about, yeah, I could do this.
Speaker 3: Okay, So that's what mostly sar Bond is.
Speaker 2: I thought they had some crazy big ones.
Speaker 3: I mean they have a couple. I don't even know if they're really that big, but they just have the slitter coaster where you would take the yellow board to the top of the roof and slide and go down.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that was awesome.
Speaker 2: That makes my stomach curl.
Speaker 3: That's fun.
Speaker 1: I think that's what I'm thinking of, and that always intimidated.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't know, you're weird. But yeah. So now we haven't really gone to water park. No, I haven't done that yet. All right, so trying, I know, we haven't gone to six Flags, Like, there's no point.
Speaker 2: Wait, at what point do you get to start doing all that fun stuff with them?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good question, because they got to be tall enough to ride the rides, like, I didn't go to my first well, I guess I went to Wet and Wild as a kid.
Speaker 1: Wild what a name?
Speaker 3: Oh? Man? Like the first time I went on a roller coaster was I was in seventh grade?
Speaker 2: That makes sense, don't you have to be at least what is it? What's the threshold? Is it forty eight inches?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know. I have no idea. I just know that when I was twelve, it's the sixth grade, we had our te soccer team party at Celebration Station, which had go carts and stuff. Yeah, and I was the shortest one, so I had to go ride the little kid ones with all the little brothers, and all my teammates got to drive the goat carts themselves on the big track. If I wanted to ride in that, I had to have my dad drive me.
Speaker 1: Oh, you weren't tall enough.
Speaker 3: I wasn't tall enough. I was a short. Look still, I'll never forget it, man, I'll never forget it.
Speaker 2: When did you have your growth spurt?
Speaker 1: When did that happen?
Speaker 3: Like junior year of high school?
Speaker 2: Oh dang, yeah, you were a late bloomer.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was I was because I was well, I wouldn't say late because I was sixteen.
Speaker 2: I guess that's true, and maybe it's different for dudes.
Speaker 3: Well I just think, yeah, well, I mean do. But I think because I was the youngest in my class because I was a summer birthday, so sixteen. Most of them are sixteen when they're sophomore, so that's when they're going through their growth spurt.
Speaker 2: So you were a little bit late compared to your grade, right, but not like as Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I was always murmur that's funny. You know.
Speaker 1: You want to know what happened to me.
Speaker 2: I got my Lady of the month when I was in fourth grade. Oh gosh, Oh it's horrible. And I was wearing white pants and I was riding a school bus and I got so made fun of.
Speaker 3: Man, that's experience. So when did you hit your gross burt? Oh you never did, that's right. I'm pretty much.
Speaker 2: I have my little because in fourth grade fourth grade was so much.
Speaker 3: So was that when you started shaving your legs?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think I started shaving until I was in like middle school.
Speaker 3: That's tough to be in fourth great and have to worry about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, and like my my ladies bloomed to then, so like I was, I looked fourth grade, Yeah it was wild. I looked back at my pictures before the Only Day.
Speaker 3: World.
Speaker 2: Yeah crazy, I mean I I still but I had three elder sisters.
Speaker 1: So they do think that had had a.
Speaker 3: Roll in it, oh, because it like the just you knowerones or foremones or.
Speaker 1: They think it did. I don't know that there's any science behind that.
Speaker 3: Now there's science because you guys, you guys sink up.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, but like for me to sing up when I haven't never had it, it's wild.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I was a early bloomer and yeah I.
Speaker 2: Didn't I have a grossart after that.
Speaker 1: Dang, that's why I let me why I'm five feet tall.
Speaker 3: I mean, I mean, obviously I wouldn't know this, but I'm like in fourth grade, you're like, oh, excuse me, I gotta go back there, and I got it, Like that's so weird.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you listen. I don't want to because you're a dude in your play, Like I don't want to, but I just want to tell you that I cried the first time I had to like go.
Speaker 1: Through nah nah, I like it.
Speaker 3: Was in the value.
Speaker 2: I called my mom and I was like crying, Ah, nah, it was horrible.
Speaker 3: No, it's horrible right now. And you're I don't even how old you are now.
Speaker 2: But I'm thirty now, all right, so thirty? Yeah, well remember I'm at thirtieth last year.
Speaker 3: Hey, listen, one thing you're gonna rain, no, no, one thing you're gonna learn.
Speaker 1: Is you remember everything, so right.
Speaker 3: But I don't remember, like time, like is really like fleeting right now at this stage in our life. Oh no, no, Like I'm like, oh, we just did that, And then I look at the pictures, I'm like, oh, that was two and a half years ago. So I don't like that's what I did.
Speaker 1: Really mess with that, That's what I mean.
Speaker 3: Like like that the time is like I'm like, wait, what wait that was two and a half years ago. That's crazy.
Speaker 2: This is so true. Okay, well, Memorial Weekend something, I'm gonna be floating.
Speaker 1: Down the river. Oh that's right, you told me that, yeah, and hanging.
Speaker 3: By the down the Flint River. Catch me a catfish dinner? Nah? All right, and then.
Speaker 1: It's all that's how it goes. But I think, you know, he does.
Speaker 3: He says, floating down the Flint River.
Speaker 2: The river, I don't know floating.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Now I gotta look it up.
Speaker 2: You're gonna bother me.
Speaker 1: What did you say, catching me a catfish dinner?
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's that's my kind of night.
Speaker 3: Hold on, that's what I said.
Speaker 1: I had to look it out to mind.
Speaker 3: The What do you mean you had to look it up? You didn't know that about the sound of my voice?
Speaker 1: Find the lyric? Okay, I found it.
Speaker 2: Floating down the Flint River?
Speaker 1: Catch us up?
Speaker 2: A little catfish dead? Are gonna sound like a winter winter.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty good at music.
Speaker 1: It was a rhythm out what it was?
Speaker 2: All right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So so floating hanging by the pool. We'll see.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I mean, I don't even know if the weather is gonna be good enough.
Speaker 2: And I'm a little worried that doesn't weather always have to be bad when we have fun weekends off?
Speaker 3: That's a great question. And also I don't even know, like even if it was nice, I don't even know if it's gonna be warm enough. Like here's the problem with the pools. Being open is awesome, Yeah, but that water's cold. For about a month. It is so freaking.
Speaker 2: Cold, and the cicadas are gonna be die bombing those. So that's all.
Speaker 3: I don't care about those. I don't know. That doesn't bother me.
Speaker 2: He doesn't bother They haven't dove bombed you yet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they don't hurt you. The bugs, man, they're just chilling.
Speaker 2: They're huge, They little beady red eyes.
Speaker 3: They can't see.
Speaker 2: Can they not be for real?
Speaker 1: I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they go off, vibrate, shouldn't sound.
Speaker 1: Oh that's why they scream.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're a little scaredy cat some more. You know what's so funny is my kids love them, Like my four year old and the baby box two. He got three of them on his arm bike. Oh he's like look dad, look. And then later that day, like we're walking and one lands on him. He's like, oh, there's me and I'm like, uh, bro, you just had three on there, Like why are you upset? It was really funny and the random things that happened, and.
Speaker 2: Dad life yeah, dad life, Yeah, yeah, yeah, I understand.
Speaker 1: Well I don't understand, but I can empathize.
Speaker 3: Yeah, empathize that's a good word.
Speaker 2: Okay, I need some advice, some pro lunchbox advice. Okay, I don't know what to do about this dog lunch? Do I adopt it? Do I find it a home? What do I do?
Speaker 3: Why would you not keep it?
Speaker 2: Well? The two reasons I have are one, she keeps chasing Hazel, and that's a huge reason. Oh the cat, Yeah, she doesn't seem to be a huge fan of cats, like keeps going after her, okay. And then the other one being that it's already kind of hard enough to find people to watch Remy and Hazel, let alone adding another dog into that mix.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and I travel.
Speaker 2: A lot, just not just like for vacation, but for work too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think. But now you got a dud, so he'll be responsible for it.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but he'll be traveling with me to some things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you have your dogs on airplanes?
Speaker 1: No, remember I can't do that with me anymore.
Speaker 2: I used to be able to.
Speaker 3: You can't put them in a cage.
Speaker 2: Well, the little one I could, But then I can't bring Remy.
Speaker 1: Roomy's too big.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Rummy's twenty pounds.
Speaker 3: No, I have little fur Ball and twenty pounds. Yeah, yeah, but I don't understand. I thought you could bring him in a little suitcase and put them under the seat.
Speaker 1: You can, but Roomy's too big. No, I've tried.
Speaker 2: She like doesn't fit in a carrier that would fit under there. She has two long legs and she's twenty pounds.
Speaker 3: That's that's shocking to me. I'm honest with you. I'm shocked by that. I'm looking that up. There's no way you no, let me look it up. It's twenty pounds.
Speaker 1: Say how you going to google that?
Speaker 3: I don't know how gonna google that? But I can't.
Speaker 2: I can tell her you her bet records.
Speaker 1: You'd believe it if you hold her looking.
Speaker 3: At her, no, look at her a little fur ball.
Speaker 2: But you pick her up and she just got a little weight on there.
Speaker 3: Huh, I'll be darn. Tickle me, uh surprised? And what that knows? That's not I know it, but it's tickled me. I don't know, call me confused.
Speaker 2: It's corny. I get it though. See what I did there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I totally get what you did there. Yeah, that's all I got. I don't know. That's weird. I think you adopt it. I mean, why not you already got along with it. You already gave it a name.
Speaker 2: No, I've just given it nicknames because I don't want to just keep calling it dog while I'm trying to.
Speaker 1: Take care of it. Right, And I mean, and the shelter did say I could name it.
Speaker 3: Hey, how long do you keep it until you decide? Okay, I'm gonna give it away.
Speaker 1: Well, I have seventy two hours.
Speaker 2: Well I had seventy two hours from Thursday, and she needs to get spaced.
Speaker 1: She's not spade.
Speaker 3: Oh you you already contacted the shelter. Well, so I learned, man, you're going to commit it to a home that's like putting. No, I can't say that that's a bad taste.
Speaker 2: But I don't know what you're about. I learned that if I keep her for two weeks.
Speaker 1: Well, there's two levels to this.
Speaker 2: I wanted to make sure that if she does have owners, I gave them every possible chance to find her. And the only way to do that is for them to legally serve like a stray hold at the shelter.
Speaker 3: Oh so how did that so that? Oh that means that they put it there for like two weeks.
Speaker 2: Well, no, so they have seventy two hours at the shelter, and I'm her found foster, so she's serving that stray hold with me since Thursday.
Speaker 3: So if they go to the shelter, the shelter will have a picture of them saying, yeah, we got her, we know where she's at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they have all our information because if, like, if somebody found Remy, I would want them to do that. So I have a chance at finding her if I've been scouring all the shelter, you know what I mean, because otherwise there could be somebody out there that's looking for They just don't follow any of the social media I've posted them on. That's a good point, So I legally want to make sure that she has a chance to find her family.
Speaker 3: I'm glad you're following the law.
Speaker 1: I'm trying.
Speaker 2: That's I mean, that's straight up what you're supposed to do. Some people don't. Yeah, but I again, if like if it were wall Though or Remy, we would want them to do that, you know.
Speaker 1: So sure, I'm making sure that's happening.
Speaker 2: And then after that seventy two hours, I have first right to adopt her or I can put her out for adoption and continue fostering her until she finds.
Speaker 3: Out, and then like when someone comes to a doctor, you can be like, actually, no, I'm going to keep her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think at that point.
Speaker 3: I don't. No, no, you can. That's what happens sometimes in like when people are giving up a kid for an adoption and they say, oh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that just happens in the movies. No, it's not a contract.
Speaker 2: That contract is.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, until you hand that baby over, say you're carrying a baby in your tummy, and you're like, oh, you know what I mean, Yeah, I'm gonna give it up for adoption. You pick the adoption family. Ye, that baby can be born, and you can be like, actually, you know what, I'm gonna keep the baby.
Speaker 1: Really yeah? Are you sure?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah? I mean one percent. Never heard it, never know, but I am pretty one hundred percent. But I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're thinking that from the movies.
Speaker 3: No, No, is it from the movies. I don't know from the mayas, from the news, but I don't know. I've seen it before.
Speaker 2: I feel like once you' sign a contract in that scenario, you are sign sealed, delivered. But maybe there is a there is a kind of loophole where it's like there is a possibility, they say no, they would like to keep it because it is technically their child.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I mean. Like, I think you have a thirty seventy two hour loophole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So, like I do have a little bit of time for her because she does have to get Spade before she can get adopted, because she's not Spade.
Speaker 1: So I do have a little bit more time.
Speaker 3: I think, Yeah, you got a Carol. Hey, don't let room Me get ahold of her.
Speaker 2: They're both girls supports of all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you didn't know that.
Speaker 3: How would I know that?
Speaker 2: Because I talk about her all the time, But.
Speaker 3: You don't say her, You say Remy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but it's still part of the pronow. When I use a sentence with Remy in it, I'm like, oh, Remy did that today? She was super nre Oh.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm paying attention. Hey can tell me they can't hook up?
Speaker 2: No, also, Roomy Spade, Oh all right.
Speaker 1: It's my fault.
Speaker 2: Well that's the latest in like the dog scenario.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I have her. She's a I'm a found foster.
Speaker 3: But she's a pretty good dog. Huh.
Speaker 2: She's so great like she really is. She follows me everywhere. I have like these teeny Remy's funny when she follows me because she's like a bear cub and you can't really hear her, but this little one, I can hear the little everywhere. I go.
Speaker 1: Oh man, so it is pretty cute.
Speaker 3: That's pretty fun. See she already adores you. I know she's already in low.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying no, but I you know, I gotta put Remy and Hazel first.
Speaker 3: So well, you don't have to do anything.
Speaker 1: Well, yes I do. I adopted them. They're in a safe home, you know.
Speaker 3: So you're telling me your first child, you have to just be so baby box one. I am more responsible to him because he was the first, and then the other two are like that.
Speaker 2: You would be like if you brought in a foster child and say, for whatever reason, your foster child doesn't get along.
Speaker 3: With your kids, that's probably a bad idea.
Speaker 2: You know, you would have to like your kids in that scenario would likely come first if something were to happen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that makes sense, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Not that you want aning bad, it's just that you would have to help find them a different home because it wouldn't be the right home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wouldn't be it wouldn't be a good fit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I see that.
Speaker 2: So we just got We'll see, we'll see how the weekend plays out.
Speaker 1: See if they get any better.
Speaker 2: Maybe once she's spade gone, that does happen.
Speaker 3: That does help. You don't want them to go into heat though.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I shall have to work diapers.
Speaker 2: They have periods, dogs periods.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we want to say the word. You just say heat and they bleed all over and it's like.
Speaker 2: Ah, that is true.
Speaker 1: Okay, not like that, but yeah, that's true.
Speaker 3: I mean that's twice we've talked about this podcast. We need to get over that.
Speaker 1: Okay, we'll take a break and we'll come back. And now, okay.
Speaker 2: I have two questions for you, and I'm going to give you both of them so you can think about them. What are you a sucker for? Like, what's something you were always going to go for because you love it so much? And on the opposite side of that, what is one thing that you despise? And maybe you need a second thing about maybe you know, right off the top of your head, I can go if you need a moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead, because I don't know anything I despise, okay, besides annoying people.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I'll start about the sucker part. First. I love a salad bar. Like if a restaurant has a salad bar, I'm going just for the salad bar.
Speaker 1: And that happened to me.
Speaker 2: I would try to steak house this weekend with my boyfriend and he goes it has a salad bar. I'm going.
Speaker 1: That's all you needed to tell me.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm a salad bar girl, like Jason's Deli, your old stomping ground.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my favorite saladbar salad.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you when I used to refill the ranch on that salad bar, though, I almost vomit in the salad bar every time, but.
Speaker 1: None of the other dressings. Just ranch, just ranch.
Speaker 3: Weird.
Speaker 2: Gosh, it really good too.
Speaker 3: It's smelled so horrid.
Speaker 1: Remember they don't have anymore, which is a bummer.
Speaker 2: But they used to have this chocolate pudding that had chocolate chips and it.
Speaker 1: Was really good.
Speaker 3: I don't think we had that when I was there.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was an old school one. It was one that I always had growing up. But they don't have it now.
Speaker 3: I don't remember chocolate pudding with chocolate chips. At least no one ordered that on deliveries. Hey, thank you for calling Jason's Deli and the Colonade week cater and deliver. How can I help you today? That's right, Bom San Antonio. Represent if you guys ever go hey, listen, I want someone this this is I don't want to see this. I want to see how far the podcast reaches. Right, Okay, So I want to issue a challenge.
Speaker 1: Oh we love a challenge.
Speaker 3: Challenge accept it. Okay. If you live in the San Antoni or you visit San Antonio, I want you to go to the Jason's Deli at the Colonnade. You got to figure it out. I forget the name of the road. It may be Days of Alla, maybe Hubner Crazy ten and now Days of All is the first one, then Hebener.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure they can look it up on that do Colinnade.
Speaker 3: Okay, And I want you to go in there and find the GM. Her name is Rose. And I want you to get a picture and post it to like are like tag me on Instagram or something, and be like cater and deliver the Colonne whatever I want. I want to see how far, like if people actually will listen to this and actually go do it.
Speaker 2: I love it, Okay, I feel like there.
Speaker 3: There has to be There has to be at least one person that's going to visit and likes Jason's Deli and is like, you know what, I'm gonna do that. And I don't even know if she works the weekend, so it may not work this weekend. It may be just during the week I don't know what Rose is scheduling.
Speaker 2: Maybe call first and.
Speaker 3: Sure she he still works there because we're friends on Facebook, me and her, and okay, so.
Speaker 2: She's at least still here with us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, yeah yeah. So I just I wonder, like like the real like, how like what degree separation are we from that Jason's Deli?
Speaker 2: Probably not very far.
Speaker 1: I believe in somebody in Santi. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I believe in it, all right.
Speaker 1: I'll even post it on social media just to see if we can get a.
Speaker 2: Little No, no, they have to listen to this, No, no, no, I'll say, go listen to the podcast because Lunchbox has a challenge for Okay, that's fine, yeah, yeah, I won't tell what the challenge is a.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because that's legit. And I would send you to my Sam's club, but it's closed. That one closed down, sixty four to sixteen, it's gone gone, but sixty four or fifty three it's still up and kicking. So shout out to that.
Speaker 1: We love that.
Speaker 2: Well, well, salad Bards, I love them. That's what I'm a sucker for. Okay, if you find any place with a good salabar, let me know. I'll go try it out. And if there's one thing I despise, it's group text messages.
Speaker 3: No, why do you hate those?
Speaker 2: I don't mind fin small group ones or with people I know. But you ever get on a text mesage dread with like fifty different people and you.
Speaker 1: Maybe know one of them.
Speaker 3: No, I'm not on one with fifty of them, but I'm on one with So I play fantasy baseball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know everybody in that No, I know that's the problem.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I co manage one fantasy baseball team and my cousin Andrew shout out right. And then some of his fraternity brothers like that were the class below him. Yeah, they were starting a league and they needed an extra like they didn't have enough people to fill the league. And my cousin's like, hey, do you want to manage your own team? I might not really man like I enjoy like, I love baseball, but I am not as hardcore as some of them are, like knowing who's coming up from the miners, who's good at this?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 2: So this is a fantasy league for baseball?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I thought I thought they only existed for football.
Speaker 3: Oh no, No, there's hockey, there's NASCAR, there's everything.
Speaker 2: Fantasy leagues for everything.
Speaker 3: There's golf, everything.
Speaker 2: What you guys do this year round?
Speaker 1: Why is it so crazy a football time?
Speaker 3: Because football is the biggest sport, So.
Speaker 1: There's more people that are playing fantasy football. I would assume yes, why did Okay?
Speaker 2: Sorry?
Speaker 3: And so I don't know most of them got it And they text all the time, and you're in it. I see.
Speaker 1: Is that not annoying?
Speaker 3: I mean it is unbelievable how many texts they send, like let's see, here we go, Like here's the text.
Speaker 1: I mean here, it is right here, it even has a name.
Speaker 3: I mean, look at all these two I mean they just text nons. This is all yesterday, yesterday, yesterday, yesterday.
Speaker 2: Okay, so see do you see my point?
Speaker 1: Is that not annoyed me?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I can't even keep up so have time. I don't even read what they're saying. I just like, okay, cool, I mean I missed twenty text messages, not going to go back and read it, but I don't. I mean, I guess I could. Someone told me you could silence that.
Speaker 1: Yeah you can't. But I'll show you if you want me to know what.
Speaker 3: I want you to show me. If you know how is how to say, like my pictures? Why does it take it into heelock? Now? I hate it?
Speaker 1: Like, okay, helock is alone whatever.
Speaker 3: H e I c hike ii hiko hiko.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: There's no geico. I don't know. It's not a g Okay, why does it do that? Because it's not compatible with anything. It is so annoying because listen, I got my parents a digital picture frame. Oh yeah, no, it was great until iPhone changed to helock. Because now I send the pictures and it's not compatible. So I get a rejection email every time, and I'm like, so I haven't sent pictures to my parents digital frame because I don't know how to go back to the normal freaking picture. And it is so annoying. It's so annoying. I don't know how to do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm looking at it.
Speaker 3: So my parents I feel so bad because they're like, oh, you don't send pictures to the picture frame anymore. I'm like, because I can't. I don't want to take a picture go in convert it to jpeg or gift or whatever I'm supposed to non helock. And it is so annoying. And I know there's other people in the world to have this frustration. They have to be here.
Speaker 1: We go, I got you. Go to camera.
Speaker 3: You've got to be kidding me.
Speaker 2: Camera and under formats.
Speaker 3: No, how do I do that? Oh? I got to go to setting setting.
Speaker 1: Sorry, go to setting settings camera.
Speaker 3: Camera. It's technology is hard. Where's camera?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I see why they do that? Now why I'll tell you? Get to camera.
Speaker 2: I can, I got it camera settings or sorry, go to.
Speaker 1: Formats formats, boom on it and change it to most compatible.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 2: So the reason I'm reading the thing on here it says to you're reducing the file size by having it in your keylock. It's high efficiency. Most compatible is always going to use JPEG or H two sixty four. So if you want things that are HGR four K, you're going to have to have it as high efficiency.
Speaker 1: Versus what is four K?
Speaker 2: So four K, much like a television, is higher resolution. So it's just a clearer picture versus.
Speaker 1: But I don't know how blurry or photo.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I've never changed it to most compatible. But I'm with you. I get it. It's frustrating. I have to do it a lot to convert.
Speaker 3: I mean, my poor parents don't get to see my kids anymore.
Speaker 2: So you can change it to most compatible and just see how the glory see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it doesn't look bad.
Speaker 2: I don't know that it will be bad because jpeg and H two six ' four isn't bad.
Speaker 1: It's just I don't four K is definitely a higher resolution.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Has driving me nuts. It's been driving nuts for now.
Speaker 2: Everything you take forward will be not the ones you've already taken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, And you know what else has got me is uh, I was in Atlanta last weekend and Megan Maroney did three songs at the station. Yeah, and I try to take videos and my camera just shakes the whole time.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that might be your hand.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's not my hand, because I even put the hand like the stabilizer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and just you stabilize with your other hand.
Speaker 3: Its yeah, I put the stabilizer and it was just still. And I don't know why. I'm like that is so weird.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know how to fix that problem.
Speaker 1: You may have an immediate an update.
Speaker 3: I'm doing it right now.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh I'm not even moving. Do you have an update available?
Speaker 3: Let's see how you do that.
Speaker 2: Go to your app store. You guys are getting technology lessons with Morgan.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Apple idea suggestions.
Speaker 1: Well no, not, don't click that.
Speaker 2: No, you should have there should be a little alert button if you have an update.
Speaker 3: Can I see your iPhone not backed up? My iPhone's not backed up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's not good.
Speaker 3: I have an update.
Speaker 1: Yeah you do where we'll finish finish sitting up my phonee hold on, let me see it. You don't have to do that. No, I don't want to do Apple pay. You can skip it also.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like Apple pay. I don't want that technology.
Speaker 2: You need to go under general and software update. You have automatic updates on but yeah, you have an update. Oh no, This update provides important bug fixes and addresses a rare issue. H photos that experience database corruption could appear in photos.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's the same problem.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it is. It's the shakes. Did they say it?
Speaker 1: Do you have me to update it?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean my phone's always up to date.
Speaker 3: So I allright, try it.
Speaker 1: It could help it.
Speaker 2: But if not, you may need a new phone.
Speaker 1: Oh man, just aheads.
Speaker 3: Up, visive it is. So you're telling me they're just doing that, so I'll buy a new phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sometimes, So that conspiracy theory is true about Apple. They kind of stopped working after that.
Speaker 3: Do I hear sell cellular data to download?
Speaker 1: Well, you should get on Wi Fi.
Speaker 2: This is what my normal life looks like with lunch.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, so cancel on that.
Speaker 1: What does it say?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I did that, but I didn't and then I opened Wi Fi?
Speaker 1: Just it continue?
Speaker 3: Okay, continue, boom?
Speaker 1: Are you good?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Is it gonna update? Okay, Well we're gonna take one more quick break.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you never got to my sucker one almost one.
Speaker 2: We both des buys a group text messages.
Speaker 3: I don't really mean. It's just weird.
Speaker 2: It's just a way to say I'm a suck up for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who sings it?
Speaker 2: I don't know that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, I'll look it up.
Speaker 1: Will you tell me what your sucker for?
Speaker 3: Ah?
Speaker 1: Man, I think that's a Jonas or so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sucker Jonas brothers.
Speaker 3: Nice. See how good a music.
Speaker 1: I'm a sucker for you See?
Speaker 3: And I was right on it, you were close. What am I a sucker for?
Speaker 1: I don't have anything.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 3: Now, I'm a sucker for a good piece of cheesecake. If it says cheesecake the menu, I'm gonna I'll probably order the dessert. I'm not really a dessert person.
Speaker 2: But you know there's a farmer's market by us that they have a cheesecake stand.
Speaker 3: Oh, it sells out every It sells out every time every time.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had them? I want to know what they taste like.
Speaker 3: I haven't had it because guess what, I ain't getting there at freaking four o'clock in the morning and be the first in line, like, oh, it starts at ten, Yeah, but it's sold out by the time I get there at ten forty.
Speaker 1: Five we'll see you gotta get there right at ten.
Speaker 3: Yeah. So what I'm saying, it's tough some days.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna try this Saturday. I'll let you know if I get.
Speaker 3: If I get, you mean next Saturday, because today is Saturday.
Speaker 2: All right, today I'm going to be trying today.
Speaker 3: Well, we better hurry up and get out of here then, I mean, I mean, getting up here five in the morning on a Saturday is kind of rough.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well we'll be right back quick break.
Speaker 3: All right, we gotta go break break.
Speaker 2: Jake need to know if I'm a psycho lunchbox. The answer is yes, you're a female. Boom got Hers is absolutely false.
Speaker 3: People, Relax, you.
Speaker 1: Just beat a lot of people off.
Speaker 2: I have a friend who messaged me when I was posting videos of the dog in my bed, and he goes, I'm more concerned that you don't sleep with a duvet? Do you sleep with the dovet?
Speaker 3: I have this, I don't know what a duvet.
Speaker 2: Okay, so a duvet is one of those comforters that goes in a little sheet that you tie. Oh oh, because what I have is I have a comforter just like by itself that I sleep with, and then I have a duvet that goes over that comforter and the diveate.
Speaker 3: So you have two comforters.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of them is meant to be slept with, and duvet is like for looks, Why would I sleep with something that like it's so pretty.
Speaker 3: So you so you have the cover, but you don't put a blanket in it, or you do put it.
Speaker 1: I have sheets and stuff too. No no, no, I don't have a blanket. Hold on my bank.
Speaker 3: No no no, no, no, no you do. It's called a blanket and you put the blanket in that little Okay, so you have a company. No, no, no, there's a duvet. I've learned this. It's a duvet cover.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a duvet cover in a duvet. The duvet is in the duvet cover.
Speaker 3: So you have a wait hold on, So you have a comforter and then a duvet inside the cover.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I have a I basically just have the comforters just by itself.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have anything on it. It's just white and it's comfy.
Speaker 2: It's like basically a okay. So, and then what goes on top of that the duvet in the duvet comforter, but I don't use the duvet. I pull it back. It's like at the.
Speaker 1: End of the bed when I sleep.
Speaker 2: Okay, so apparently I'm a psychopath because I don't sleep with the duvet.
Speaker 3: Well, I think you're a psychopath for having two blankets. That's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Well I wanted to look pretty.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's insane.
Speaker 2: Like how we like to have a lot of pillows. I like it.
Speaker 1: You don't have a lot of pillows on your bed.
Speaker 3: No, I have one pillow that I sleep on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but like that you take off No, literally no, do you have on any of your spare bedrooms or anything.
Speaker 3: No, I have Like, oh, I'm like this the guest bedroom, we have, uh four pillows, Like yeah, it's pretty. No. No, it gives them an option of which one they like, hard, firm or soft?
Speaker 2: Okay, No, No, they're like bed pillows.
Speaker 3: It's like, oh, one hard ones off, which one do you like? Cool it? Throw the other one on the ground. Yeah, it's nothing to do with decoration. I think you're a cycle for having two blankets because.
Speaker 1: My wife we use one.
Speaker 3: My wife does have the blanket inside that thing. You're saying, yeah, but it has buttons.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's buttons. It could be buttons or ties.
Speaker 3: And I can't use it because it makes me it's too heavy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they are heavy.
Speaker 1: Diveys are very heavy.
Speaker 3: Like when we went to Austin for iHeart, I was like, Oh my gosh, no kids, I'm gonna sleep so good. It's gonna be amazing. The weird thing is they had no sheets.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we didn't have sheets.
Speaker 2: We had a bed sheet on the mattress, but not a sheet to sleep under.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so then you just have the comforter m hm. And that comforter was way too heavy.
Speaker 1: It was very heavy.
Speaker 3: I sweated every single night, so I never got a good night's sleep. Like, I never got a night of sleep where I didn't wake up sweating and had to get a towel or move to the other side of the bed or move to the other bed. Like it was like, what are we doing here?
Speaker 2: Wait, So if.
Speaker 1: Your wife has one that's super heavy, what do you sleep with?
Speaker 3: I sleep with a thin like.
Speaker 2: Sheet.
Speaker 3: No, it's a blanket, but it's you also have the bed sheet on, yeah, the bed sheet on? Okay, yeah yeah, but then I sleep with a thin, thin blanket.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Who's barb stark me?
Speaker 3: So, me and my wife sleep under set brick covers because she likes that big heavy thing and it makes me sweat. And it's just like I don't understand.
Speaker 2: Well, at least you're not fighting overcovers.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, I would never fight overcovers anyway.
Speaker 1: You just steal them all.
Speaker 3: No, I don't steal anything. I don't move. I'm telling you. I go to sleep and I wake up in the same spot.
Speaker 2: Okay you Yeah, that's a lot like my boyfriend. He can pack like you literally on a dime. Just pass it out. I'm just sitting there like cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just can pass out. And I don't move, and I don't wrestle the covers away like I don't do all that.
Speaker 2: You just stay in your one spot on you on your back or your side?
Speaker 3: Oh my back?
Speaker 2: Do you sleep like a dead person? Yeah, with your arms crossed. Okay, you look like you guys can't see those marks.
Speaker 1: But he looks like he's doing the plunge.
Speaker 3: Of No, I do I knew the right hand. I do the right hand across my chest, left hand underneath the pillow, and I looked to my left or I looked to my.
Speaker 2: Right, your person, I am.
Speaker 1: I don't know what this dubate situation is, but you're worse.
Speaker 3: I mean, it probably does look I am dead person.
Speaker 2: And then sometimes if your wife doesn't be like check your balls for.
Speaker 3: So often, sometimes I do that, I pet my face or I just have my hand in the air.
Speaker 1: Who you pet in your face for?
Speaker 3: I don't know. My wife just says I do it sometimes, like she's taking videos and it's just like I'm asleep and I'm.
Speaker 1: Just like, are you a dog? A dog in a former?
Speaker 3: Or I just have my hand in the air and she films it because she thinks. I'm like, She's like, what is he doing?
Speaker 2: You like turned into a zombie like walking dead? Sleeping?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and my update is still preparing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it may take a seconds. That's gonna be okay, use their phone not much anywhere.
Speaker 3: No, I know, but I'm just so what else? Yeah, that's I mean, I don't know if you're a psychopath for that. That's interesting.
Speaker 2: No, but thank you for being vulnerable about yours because you definitely win if we were comparing notes.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so. I mean, it's weird. I don't understand it. I don't get like people to sleep with those heavy blanks.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: My comforter that I sleep with is super light weight. That's why I.
Speaker 1: Sleep with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so then, I mean Douve is just pretty.
Speaker 1: So when people come over.
Speaker 3: Then in Austin, when I'm you know, sweating, you know, I have to get buck naked because usually in a hotel room, I'll leave sleep with boxers on, you know what I mean. But I might know. So then I'm wondering do they clean that thing? There's no way they wash all those comforters every time someone leaves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't check if it's Duvey.
Speaker 2: That's the other thing that sucks about a duvet is they suck to clean because you have to remove the whole thing and then put it back on. And I don't know if you've ever been a single person putting on a duvet, but.
Speaker 1: It's not a fun experience.
Speaker 3: No, I never had a duva whenever they dove douve. No, my wife, I mean, we've.
Speaker 2: Learned a lot of things about your sleeping patterns. I feel like this is where we should exit.
Speaker 3: All right, stage left, Okay.
Speaker 2: All right, we are glad you're here.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's the end of it.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna go to we gotta do some listener Q and A.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I mean yeah, we'm talking about.
Speaker 2: Do you have anything else you want to add for this? U. I can tell you about my cicada story that I almost died.
Speaker 1: One flew in my car. I almost crashed my car. Why would I because it landed on me and.
Speaker 3: You realize it's just a bug.
Speaker 2: I realize it's just a bug, but my brain doesn't compute it that way. Okay. My brain is like, this is a little alien and it has teeny tiny legs and it's crawling on me.
Speaker 3: My wife is the same way. She tries to tell our kids, Oh, just a bug, and then one lands on her and she freaking goes ah. I'm like, well, how do you expect them to react if you are If you're acting that one shows I know, I know, I know.
Speaker 1: It's so hard not to react that way.
Speaker 2: You're not used to this giant bug justlinging and diving out at you for no reason.
Speaker 3: You guys are crazy. That makes you a psychopath. You're scared of a little cicada. They are so cool, They just chill.
Speaker 2: They're not cool. Those things are screaming all the time.
Speaker 1: It's like you go outside.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, they've been choiet for thirteen years. I'd want to scream too.
Speaker 2: It's true.
Speaker 3: If you put me on mute for thirteen years and you open my mouth after thirteen years, I'm gonna be screaming too.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. Can you imagine you after not being able to talk for thirteen years.
Speaker 3: There's no way you wouldn't know how to talk.
Speaker 1: There's that's why you scream. There's no words that compute.
Speaker 3: And then I have a question, why do they like certain trees because you walk by a certain tree and it's like caked in them, and then the next tree doesn't have a single cicada?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that's my yard they chose, they chose my tree in my yard.
Speaker 3: Really, See, that's what I mean.
Speaker 2: That's why I hate mo Wa because they come on that tree like.
Speaker 3: I mean, my kids. And then it was that with kids like to collect them and put them in little buckets.
Speaker 2: What about their shells? Is that what they're collecting?
Speaker 3: We collect the shells?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, those things are creepy.
Speaker 3: Have you seen them coming out of the shell?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Have you seen the little red bugs that attack them while they're in the shell.
Speaker 3: No, Oh, my.
Speaker 2: Gosh, it's like a I have a video I can show you. They disperse as soon as you walk by.
Speaker 1: It's like a scene from a horror movie.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's kind of cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I think I know this because they were planted in my backyard. I saw all these little holes that came up, so they came out of my yard. And when they were on my fence and i'd go over, there was just like a group like a little beehive's kind of what it looked like on the back of them, and all these teeny tiny red bugs just grouped around them. And you walk by and they goes oooh scatter.
Speaker 3: That's cool.
Speaker 2: It was a wild It was gross, but as wild.
Speaker 3: That's you know. What I have is moles got.
Speaker 1: Oh still got them? Those sons are good groundhogs groundhogs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're moles.
Speaker 1: Did they look similar to groundhogs?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know, but I just know they're annoying and I want someone to take.
Speaker 2: Care of them, and we'll just have them humanely moved somewhere else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, tell me how to do that.
Speaker 2: Oh, there's still damn that. They look like a little platypus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they wreck your yard and it is so annoying, Like why are they in my yard? Go to the neighbor's yard, go anywhere, like, get.
Speaker 2: The heck out of Have you called somebody to help you?
Speaker 3: Find me? Someone to call? Go ahead? Is there not? Like?
Speaker 1: No, Okay, they have such cute little noses.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got and yeah, and you know, go look at the trails. They it looks like Mount Kilimanjaro all over my freaking yard. So annoying. It's like Mount kil Majar. There's Mount Everest, there's Mount Rainier.
Speaker 2: Try and learn him out with some veggies. See if I can get him to the yard.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm like, I'll give you a snack if you go over there. I'll give you freaking cotton candy. Just get out of here. I'll give you a ring pop. I don't care. Get out of my freaking yard.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, something can help lunchbox humanly move his moles.
Speaker 3: I don't care if they're humanly.
Speaker 1: I do, so that's I'm going to plead for them.
Speaker 3: I'll say, humanly, just get rid of them. If I turn mine, they end up.
Speaker 2: I don't do that's all right, I don't do that.
Speaker 3: All right, take him over to Mortgane yard, she said, move him somewhere they.
Speaker 1: Can hang out me, I said, my ground dog. That I had you.
Speaker 3: Trust me, you would be like, okay, get him out of here. If they were in your yard.
Speaker 2: Well, if so, then I would move them humanly.
Speaker 3: I don't think you know how to move them humanly them. You don't just put them like a little bunny rabbit and they just hop right in. No, I don't think that's how it happened.
Speaker 2: Well, traps, they you got to glure them with something and you get them in the trap.
Speaker 3: That's not how moles work.
Speaker 1: I don't know that's how. That's how a lot of animals work.
Speaker 2: So I am assuming it's possible.
Speaker 3: No, No, that's a possum.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we're gonna we're gonna go do part three here in a little bit.
Speaker 1: We hope you guys have a good Memorial weekend.
Speaker 2: Lunchbox.
Speaker 1: Tell people where they can find you.
Speaker 3: Radio Lunchbox and on the Sore Losers check us out Sore Losers dot com or wherever you get your podcast. Man, I'm tired. I need a nap on this Saturday.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: We got one more to go though, all right, come hang out with That's part three. If you're leaving us here, have a great Memorial week.
Speaker 3: And y'all that's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show and all social platforms and followed web girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for now next week's episode