Speaker 1: What's that at the bed. It's spooky and kooky. I'm really sure it's dead. It's coming. It's way Wait a minute, I said, hiros Dress, Hey boo, it's me Ras. How you doing. I'm good. Things are opening up here. It's crazy. I'm like, you know, a gall about town. It's been a lot of fun. I'm doing things in person again. I'm doing drag again. It's a weird, weird time as we transition, but I hope everyone is well and I have a fun episode for you today. Today, I've got on my friend Danielle, who is a hilarious comedian based here in Los Angeles. She's also on season two of the TV show Special, which is on Netflix, and I really like that show and I really like Danielle. Now, Danielle does not have a ghost story per se, which you know, every once in a while, I like to have on people that I just like and that are cool and fun and down to talk about spooky stuff. So we stay on topic, well, for the most part, we talk about ghosty stuff. We listen to a listener's story. Also, Danielle has an incredible story, sort of a near death experience type story that she shares and yeah, we talk about a lot of things and so I hope you enjoy it. I have recorded some new episodes coming up. I just had on a dollmen right, just interviewed her. Hasn't been posted yet, it'll be out, I believe next week. And Karen A. Dolman is truly like the wigi board queen, and we talk all things Wigia and she's a wi geologist. She is a licensed therapist that uses wigi boards and it's it might even be a two parter because we get into a lot of different things. So that will be coming up soon. And I've been talking to our friend Katrina Wideman, host of co host of Portals to Hell on Discovery Plus, one of my favorite paranormal shows, and I believe we'll be having Katrina on soon. Also a RuPaul's Drag Race Star will be coming on soon. So We've got a lot coming at you and I hope you enjoyed this episode. Oh I should tell you as always go to patreon dot com slash rosdres Fales for a bonus clip from this week's episode. And this week I did a little bit of research and we talk about the real story that inspired the new Conjuring movie, The Conjuring three. Colin the Devil made me do it, and I give my thoughts on the movie. I did watch it and we talk about the real story. So check that out on my second tier Patreon and on my first tier. I am back on eBay looking at allegedly Haunted dolls. I was in rare form when I was recording this one because I really read these poor allegedly haunted dolls. So I had a good time. You can find that on my Patreon first tier. Anyway, here's my conversation with Danielle Perez on with the show. Hi, Danielle Perez, how are.
Speaker 2: You, Hey, Roz, I'm feeling great. How are you?
Speaker 1: I am so good. I am so happy that you were on the show. I haven't seen you in a long time. And hopefully we'll do shows together sometime soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope.
Speaker 3: So I'm excited though that we get to we get to talk today though.
Speaker 1: I know, well we're usually in like, you know, the back of a loud room. Yeah, so there's that. But also, congrats on special season two on Netflix streaming now. Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this show is so great and I'm so glad the world can watch now.
Speaker 1: I really enjoy that show, and I just feel like it's like a good vibe. Like when I watch it, it's just such a nice vibe. I mean, how it was when you were shooting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, definitely a nice vibe. It was.
Speaker 3: It was truly wild because we shot it in the middle of the pandemic. First time like actually being on set like in a scripted show where I was a character with lines like and so my first experience filming, I was just like covered in head to toe PPEs, segregated from all the rest of the cast, and that was like, okay, camera, sound masks off, let's go.
Speaker 1: My god, I shot something during the pandemic and it was like like when it was time to take it off, I felt so like exposed and naked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so bizarre.
Speaker 3: And also like the first the first scene we shot was like at the prom, so it's like we're supposed to be like dancing and vibing, like touching, and you know what I mean, there's like really like having a party and it's like, haven't been to a party in months. I've been around people in it was like, oh, we're really he's taking off the band aid here.
Speaker 1: Did they do the thing? Now, people that are listening that, maybe I've never been on a set during like a dance scene, but do they do the thing where like they don't play music because of audio and then you just have to dance around or do they have music?
Speaker 3: They what they would do was they would like start music and then to get us like feeling it, feeling with the vibe of the music that's happening is and then they would cut it and then we would do the scene.
Speaker 1: See, okay, people listening to this that don't know about this. Next time you watch a TV show and there's music playing, just like focus in on the people. Because if there's people talking during the scene, they can't have music in the background because you couldn't hear them on set when they're talking. So they add that music and so everyone that's dancing around is really dancing to no music.
Speaker 2: No music.
Speaker 3: And like also we have to like talk like music is playing, so we have to like talk like we're like, you know, trying.
Speaker 2: To speak over the music. You know, it's like can you hear me?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I said, are we gonna let's go out back? Like I'm over this song?
Speaker 1: Well again going back to you, and I like working, you know, doing stand up shows around town. It's like, yeah, that's how it. That's how most of my relationships with people are is going you what you did?
Speaker 3: What? Cool?
Speaker 2: Nice? Yeah.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of like seeing the same faces in the back of the room and being like you're here.
Speaker 2: Too, hie.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Well hopefully we'll do that all again.
Speaker 2: I can't wait. I can't wait. Have you done live shows yet?
Speaker 1: I've only done I did one like private of last week that was like for an organization, but I haven't been like I haven't done stand up yet. I haven't been in clubs yet, and I don't know what i'll do. Like you know, the pandemic makes you go, what do I want to do? Yeah, And so I'm like, yeah, I don't know if I want to be in noisy clubs anymore.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, figuring out what you want to do. I'm thankful for that, the time the pandemic has given me. With that, I started doing shows again and I like it, Like I love it. I almost cried like after my first set, just out of like joy because it's like I'm back on stage, but like I don't think I want to be as rabbit about it as I was before, Like I want to do shows, I don't want to have fun with them, but I want to make more space for things like acting and writing, you know, like I like being on sell, Like I like performing in in many different ways. And it doesn't just have to be standing like you do drag and stand up and that's like so cool, like you get both of those outlets to perform like with well, I.
Speaker 1: Think it's good to try, you know, It's like even all the different mediums. It's like when I started doing stand up and drag and acting whatever, it's like TikTok wasn't a thing. Like you know, things change, but it's always you know, performing or being creative or whatever. So I think it is good to try so many different things and you can still do what you're passionate about in different ways and then figure out which ones you really like and which ones are like I tried it and I don't like it or yeah whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think before the pandemic, I was very much it was like stand up or nothing.
Speaker 2: Like are you a real comic.
Speaker 1: On real comic?
Speaker 2: Are you devoting your entire are you destroying.
Speaker 3: Relationships outside of comedy all for the pursuit of stage time like content. Yeah, and it's like maybe less of that, Maybe I just have fun exploring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like different things that interest me and that can be fun and cool.
Speaker 1: Well, you know what interests me is talking about ghosts and paranormal That's one thing that will never get old to me. I mean, where are you at with that?
Speaker 3: I mean, like, you know, yes, heard of it, heard of the ghosts, familiar, familiar with the concept. I mean, look, it's so funny because like I love this idea of being like a bouh Like I'm I'm Afro Latina. My family's from the Dominican Republic, so like I have you know, we would pray to like saints and stuff like that, like the Virgin Mary and things and lighting candles. And I'm a very like lapsed Catholic, you know. So I like the idea of like spirits and ghosts. But I don't think I ever truly like have been haunted or felt like I've been in the presence of a ghost.
Speaker 1: Are you open to it? Would you want?
Speaker 2: I'm open?
Speaker 3: I would love to, Like I've always like when I was little, I wanted like tarot cards and I wanted a wee.
Speaker 2: Gi board, and like.
Speaker 3: My aunt and uncle were like born again Christian and so they were like, absolutely not, that's the devils. Those are the devil's tools. But my parents kind of didn't carry either way. But I definitely would love to like communicate with the other side.
Speaker 2: I was. I love a good ghost story, Like I love.
Speaker 3: The idea of something being haunted because I like that history, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, have you you grew up in La, right, yeah?
Speaker 2: And I love like, like even like the old history of La.
Speaker 3: You know, it's like so many things have like happened in like these homes and spaces, Like I like, I feel like ghosts and ghost.
Speaker 2: Stories are just an extension of like history, you know.
Speaker 1: So did you when you were growing up, I mean, did you have cultural beliefs on this stuff? Like I mean, did you have people like in your family or your community that were that like had stories or you know, gave you any reason to believe that that stuff like is real.
Speaker 3: Well, my aunt for sure believes in ghosts, like she's the born again Christian one because she would talk about like our family back in the Dominican Republic, and you know some of them. I guess we're in more kind of like Santeieva like stuff, you know, like very communicating with the other world. And she fully believes in like ghosts and spirits and like thinks that but she thinks it's like the.
Speaker 2: Devil, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she like for sure fears it. She like doesn't encourage communication.
Speaker 1: That's what I You know, a lot of Christian people that I talk to, not all just different you know, sex s CTF. Well, you know, sometimes have believes that like anything that's quote unquote paranormal is the devil. And it's like I always think about like what if your loved one like came back and they were like, hey, I'm here to tell you that everything like Heaven's amazing and they're like, ah, devil, get out of here.
Speaker 3: I know they're just trying to like give you a message and be like, hey, girl.
Speaker 2: Can I wait to like see you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got clouds up here. I got a cloud with your name on it, girl, come on up right.
Speaker 3: Also, by the way, left a ticket, a winning lottery ticket.
Speaker 2: He ow, Like you gotta listen to me.
Speaker 1: You're slamming the door, saging your house.
Speaker 3: Yeah, running away.
Speaker 1: Just wait, I'm looking up Dominican Republic. Uh, like monsters and mythical creatures have you ever heard?
Speaker 3: Because there's a lot of because like, uh, you know, it's like an Afro Caribbean country because like you know, there's like the indigenous people and then like slave boats stop there, so there's you know, the Spanish and then the like all the Africans that they brought on the slave trade. So it's like a mix of like indigenous like religious beliefs and then like Catholic colonialism and then like African religious like traditions and stuff.
Speaker 2: So it's there's a lot of down there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what this article I'm I'm looking at a website that it says, yes, definitely some Brujas down there, did they? Did you ever? Did Laona ever make her way to Okay?
Speaker 2: I know about Layna because I grew up in.
Speaker 3: La so la was definitely a big part of me growing up in La.
Speaker 1: I dress for like Halloween, Like, yeah, she really had her moment when that movie came out, especially, but I know it's always been around Latin representation.
Speaker 2: We love to see it.
Speaker 1: What about Okay el Cuco? I mean it is that like cucko. That's not the it says equivalent of boogeyman. I mean I feel like like I feel like I've heard of right right, it says used to get well yeah, okay everyone, this is like used to get children to behave So I feel like it's probably something that like Latin may have been like it's all been threatening. Yeah, yeah, exactly what is el gallio? Am I saying that? Right? G A l I p O t E L gai u a person that can transform themselves into animals at will? Oh my god, I want that. That's like what is the TV animorphs or something. I feel like that's the animals.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that.
Speaker 3: Like book cover, Yes, only transforming real that animals. Whatever that spirit is, it's a really that's like a very Zeus s vibe. You remember how like Zeus would be up on Mountain Olympus and see a hot bitch down on Earth and be like, I gotta turn into a bull. I got I gotta turn into a bull and get mine.
Speaker 1: You know It's okay.
Speaker 3: He was always turning into different animals.
Speaker 1: So there's a few different coins. There's one that's naturally born with this ability and others who are given this ability through spells cast by a witch. Oh my god, Okay, we need to find the right witch because that sounds like a fun thing. Although I'm afraid that I would turn into like bile or something like. I would like only be able to turn into like the worst animal that can't do anything and get stepped down. But they pull pranks on humans. Okay, that's a fun one. I don't know. I wonder how really you know, a lot of times with like folklore and stuff, it's like how much of this is like actually real and how much of it is just like again like used to scare people or just have fun, Like so much.
Speaker 3: Of it, right, like the whole idea of like folklores and stuff or like too kind of teach children and people lessons, right like don't go into the woods it's dangerous, you know, or like you know, don't talk to straight, like stay away from this part of the lake, you know, because that's where the current's really rough, and like but they tell you there's like a witch that lives in that part of the lake or something, you know, true true, Yeah, I have those kids in line.
Speaker 1: I mean I can tell you it works like I feel like modern parents would be like, no, we need to be honest with our children, but I'm like I need to.
Speaker 2: Put a little fear back into into parenting.
Speaker 1: Totally through supernatural means.
Speaker 2: Was there ever when you were growing up? Was there ever like a house you or like a witch lives there?
Speaker 1: Let's see, was there a witch house? I mean, there's definitely. We had a neighbor when I was growing up that we would call Jason because we just assumed that he was Jason with his mask off, like we know. It was very like, okay, this was like this is so nineties, but like at the time, it was very like the neighbor from Home Improvement where you like never fully.
Speaker 2: Saw his face.
Speaker 1: You never saw his face, and like, I think.
Speaker 2: That's so sus that is so saus like.
Speaker 1: It was just like you could only see like the back of his head or like you know, and so we just kind of had this you know, folklore in our minds that like you don't go a.
Speaker 2: Narrative, You're like, they have dead bodies down there, they.
Speaker 1: Totally and it's probably I feel like, isn't that sandlot as well or something that's like turns out like the guy's like really nice, Like I'm sure he was great, but like.
Speaker 2: The pigeon lady, it's like she's.
Speaker 1: A helpful exactly. That's that is a nineties trope, scary people that turned out to be really nice.
Speaker 2: Okay, there was a scary house where I lived.
Speaker 3: I lived in like Mount Washington, and there was like this house on the way up to my house you always had to pass, so you always in order to get to my house, you had to pass this house that was like on a dilapidated lot. It just looked abandoned. It looked like just like a rundown kind of Victorian. There was a giant gate around it with like Ivy and I just we were My sister and I were convinced that a witch lived there.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm like I always.
Speaker 3: Wanted to go in it though, you know what I mean, but like we never, we never. My sister is such a scaredy cat, like she's scared of everything, so I could never convince her like we have to like go into it, let's.
Speaker 1: Go break and enter.
Speaker 3: And I really I wanted to because again with the nineties tropes, nineties kids on TV were always breaking and entering. That's Okay, they were always up in someone's house that they shouldn't have been it.
Speaker 2: And did not have the keys too, right.
Speaker 1: Or just like constantly on TV shows just walking into people's windows from a ladder or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just yeah, sliding open the window and just you know, taking a peek. Just like who how children to just be so reckless and take up space like that?
Speaker 1: Oh, this is how we created millennials.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: We just thought that we had the keys to everything.
Speaker 3: I wanted to be in that witch's house though, And I swear like I swore that, like I would see animals in her yard and then they would disappear.
Speaker 1: She would turn into animals. She's the thing that we just talked about it because.
Speaker 2: She had all kinds of animal. She had birds, cats, dogs. I swear to god I saw a pig there once.
Speaker 3: Like she had some weird animals where it's like we're not these aren't city animals.
Speaker 4: Yeah. God.
Speaker 1: I this musician Rain Phoenix on my podcast and she told me about she was living in a place that had a really spooky history and she saw this woman one day when she woke up, this woman ghost was standing there and all of a sudden, she turned into a cat and ran away. It was like it was like familiar, you know, like the witch.
Speaker 2: You ever see that cat again?
Speaker 1: I can't remember. I'd have to go back and listen to the episode. But yeah, okay, well, so tell me about some supernatural stuff. I know you were saying that you've had some dreams, some.
Speaker 2: And hat some like interesting dreams. It's weird, Okay. So I had like for my.
Speaker 3: Birthday, I'm a Taurus Sagittarius rising a Quarius moon.
Speaker 1: Are you into into astrology?
Speaker 2: For sure? I love that. But so I had like a reichi session for my birthday and my.
Speaker 3: Friend who was doing the reiki session, she was like, are you are you like a little psychic?
Speaker 2: And I was like what, I was like, I don't think I am.
Speaker 3: But like I did go to a I had gotten to a crystal shop that week, and like usually when I'm in a crystal shop, I let the crystals kind of like speak to me, like I just you know what I mean, It's I just kind of oh, what is calling.
Speaker 2: Out to me? And literally every crystal I picked.
Speaker 3: Up with something about like connecting with like your third eye, connecting to the paranormal, connecting to like your dreams, and I was so I don't know, I was a little I was like, maybe my dreams are very more vivid than they appear to be. But I when I was twenty, I was run over by like a light rail train, so it's like a subway car that goes like above ground below ground, So like I was put under for like three days, and.
Speaker 2: I couldn't tell.
Speaker 3: Like I was like having the most drugged out lucid dreams, you.
Speaker 2: Know what I mean, Like I couldn't tell what was real and what wasn't sure. I started to have like dreams of.
Speaker 3: I literally had a dream that I was pregnant, that I was like that I like was giving birth in the hospital and then they took my baby away.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: It was like in what like in what world?
Speaker 3: Like I literally was hit by a train and I lost my feet, Like I don't know how that relates to me having a baby.
Speaker 1: Well, maybe it's some kind of symbolism. I mean, I'm not I don't know much about like dream interpretation or anything, but like it could be something. I'm sure there's something to it.
Speaker 2: I'm sure there's something.
Speaker 3: But I had some pretty pretty wacky, pretty lucid dreams like that.
Speaker 2: I had one dream. This is what.
Speaker 3: I couldn't tell if it was a dream or if it was really happening. But I was in the ICU and I just really wanted a glass of water, but like they couldn't give me water because of all the like tubes and stuff in me, Like, but I just want I was like begging the nurse for a glass of water, and like I saw her just drinking water in front of me, just like chugging it, and then like putting her glass down on a pyramid of glasses filled with water, just like right out of reach, like you know, like your finger like is like almost grazing it.
Speaker 2: But I can't quite.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. So do you think it might have been like a hallucination.
Speaker 3: It must have been, but it was so vivid. It was on some like lucid dreaming. Shit, have you lucid dreamed? Do you know what like that is?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean I feel like I have. I I had like an experience that I talked about on here a couple months back, where like I felt somebody touch me and I was like, what's going on? And I opened my eyes and they were standing right there and then I readis in the eyes and they weren't there, and then like a couple of minutes later, they touched me again. I opened my eyes and they were there, and because it you know, it was my boyfriend at the time, but it was it was like a really weird thing where it was like, how did I just dream that happening before it happened? And I felt it and I asked him and he was like, no, I didn't. I only touched you the one time. I don't know what that was.
Speaker 2: It was very I don't know what that is either.
Speaker 3: But I've definitely had like freaky moments of like did I just dream something happened right before it actually happened. Like I've had the dreams where you are panicked and like running away from someone, and like you wake up, but then you're still in the dream like running away from someone. Oh God, it's like terrifying. When I was little, so I lived in a house on a very steep hill, Like the front door entrance like you're on like a very slanted steep hill, and then once you would walk into my house, there was like a very steep staircase like immediately after you enter, so I was when I was little, I'm talking like four or five six, was constantly having the stream would have it NonStop where I was walking down the stairs and all of a sudden, like I tripped and started rolling down the stairs, and then all of a sudden, I would be rolling down the hill outside of my house and just roll and roll like just like infinite Like I would wake up just like you know, it was my body banged up and like are my knee skinned?
Speaker 2: I was just like terrified. I was like stuck in the sloop?
Speaker 1: Did it like physically hurt?
Speaker 3: I didn't physically hurt, but I, like you know, would like grab my box like am I okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know, because it felt so visceral and real.
Speaker 1: God, I don't need dreams.
Speaker 3: I yeah, I thresh off dreams like. I don't dream often, but when I do dream, I feel like it's a very lucid kind of dream. Like it's such a such an impactful dream that I am emotionally experiencing the rollercoaster that is the dream.
Speaker 1: Now, have you ever had sleep paralysis?
Speaker 2: Oh? I don't think so. I've heard of that though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean that comes up a lot on here because that can get into paranormal territory, and.
Speaker 2: So how does that, wait, how does sleep paralysis work with like the paranormal?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, sleep paralysis, you know, as far as I know, because my answers is alwaysn't the spookier side. But I think, like technically a lot of what it is is like you're your body wakes up. Wait, wait, like you wake up, so your brain is like in the room still, but you're still in that dream state, like you're still like you can't your body can't move, and sometimes your dreams can leak over into you being awake. And so is it paranormal is it not? I think that it can be. I think I think it can be. I think it can't be. But sometimes, most commonly people report seeing like a dark figure standing in the corner of the room, or like a witch lady sitting on top of them, and you know, like these things that are really spooky. But sometimes people report it like it happens to everyone when they stay in this room or something, and I'm like, that's when it feels really paranormal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if everyone's having that specific experience, it's very very paranormal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so apparently it happens more when you sleep on your back, so that's I sleep on my face. Because it sounds absolutely terrifying. I can't say that I've ever had it happen to me, but it seems to be very common.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it sounds haunting.
Speaker 1: It's terrifying. But I mean when you had your experience, did you, uh like, did you experience like near death experience type like uh well, blowing something, going to heaven and coming back or like you know, sometimes people report stuff like that. I'm not really sure the details of what happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, it wasn't like I saw like a bright light, but like when the train hit me, it felt it kind of almost like was cartoonishly like what you see and like movies and TV where all of a sudden, I'm crossing the street and I turned my head to see this train and it just like sped up so quickly, you know what I mean, Just like all of a sudden, it was like I see it and now like it's like I don't even remember it hitting me, Like it was just like bam, you know it happened. But when I was out, Apparently this scientologist named Cleveland, a black scientologist named Cleveland polite.
Speaker 2: Came to my side.
Speaker 3: And started doing some scientology stuff where apparently because you know, scientologists believe that you can like heel yourself right, but they don't believe in psychology or psychiatry. But he started like talking to me and getting me to repeat him. And I have no recollection of like engaging with this man like at all, and like the only reason like I even know this is true and like this happened is because like he talked to the lease, but like it really sounded like some.
Speaker 2: Crazy angel shit. Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like this person rushes to you, engages with you. He basically like got me to They have this thing where if you like talk about your trauma and revisit it, and you like call out things in your trauma, they're no longer triggering. So he would be I apparently like an example, like for my situation, he would be like, look at the stop sign, what color is it red?
Speaker 2: Look at that corner? What's on that corner? A gas station? Like do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like things like to I don't know how it works, but I've been able to cross that street.
Speaker 2: I don't have any like PTSD really.
Speaker 3: Right, none, Like I've been on that train again, like straight up, like have more PTSD from my purse getting snatched like off my shoulder.
Speaker 1: You know, have you ever found him?
Speaker 3: I like googled him and like there was like a record of him living in that part of like San Francisco, but I've like never met him.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a hard name to google anytime. People have like names that are also like guess what I tell drag queens if they come up with a name that's like another like other words, Like it's hard to google because you know, Cleveland will come up first, that the most polite people in Cleveland article will come up, you know what I.
Speaker 3: Mean, Like, yeah, it's like it's specific, but also there's so many it can be so many things.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like so, I mean it was just like really kooky and that like I never had any PTSD about it, and I have no recollection of meeting this person engaging with them at all. The first thing I remember is like I thought they were like police officers or something like that, but apparently they were fire people and they like came up to me and they were like are you okay?
Speaker 2: And I was like, Hi, my name is.
Speaker 3: Danielle Perez, Nice to meet you, Like those are the first words I remember, like saying, like I'm under this train. I can't even see them, Like they're just like shadowy figures on either side of me. And I'm just like pumping with adrenaline and like they're like, you know, what's your birthday? And I'm telling them, like what's today's date? And I'm telling them they like, you know, is there like can we call your mom or your dad? I literally gave them my mom's work and sell number and house number, my dad's work sell in house number, and I told them what order to call the numbers in.
Speaker 2: It was like call my dad's office first.
Speaker 3: Then interesting, it was just it was it was really wild. I was like just I couldn't feel anything, Like I was just like numbed on morphine, like or not morphine, but the adrenaline that my body was pumping. But like I was so lucid and fully remember having this conversation with these like fire people, but have no recollection of like my very apparently full conversation with Cleveland Polite. According to the police reports, what the stuff that he told them, It was like we engage in a full dialogue.
Speaker 1: That is crazy. I guess I don't know much about scientology. I mean, I do know about that like healing yourself thing, which.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, it's like I don't really know a ton either, but I do know that they like think that you can heal yourself.
Speaker 1: But but I've only heard about that from like times where it didn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, on some real uh negligent medical practices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly. Oh my god. So but I'm I mean, that's amazing that you don't have that PTSD. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, I mean I'm not a scientologist, but like you know, it felt very much like an like a you know, a guardian angel intervention type situation, you know what I mean, if we want to like.
Speaker 2: Ascribe kind of paranormal.
Speaker 3: A paranormal kind of uh explanation for it, I feel like that that's I think the closest I've ever really experienced like a guardian angel type.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, yeah, the fact that he was there at that time and was able to help you, you know, yeah, it seems like what he did was really beneficial to to you. Yeah, oh my god. I mean I'm a tempted to just tell a story about something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, please, I want. I want to get into it. I want to get into the story of it all.
Speaker 1: I have another story about somebody, a loved one of mine that got hit by a car and something paranormal happened. I mean, you would you want to hear it or is that?
Speaker 2: But yeah, I would love to.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think I told this on my Patreon. I told it not that long ago. I don't usually talk about it, but I had somebody a loved one get hit by a car and I mean, it was really really bad and they didn't make it. And I think it's maybe it's a coincidence. But my windshield was smashed in my garage right when it happened, and there was just shattered. Yes, I was in California. They were in Michigan and it was completely shattered and the place I was living. I talked to the security guard and they're like, there's nothing that could have jumped on, Like, the only thing that that could have done this is if somebody's mad at you and they would have smashed because there's nothing. Nothing could have fell like in that because it was in a covered parking structure. I don't know what that was, but it seems like a weird coincidence.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, yeah, no, that is that's that feels paranormal.
Speaker 1: That feels paranormal.
Speaker 3: Huh are you like this loved one like were they they were they related to you or some like a really deep because I don't know. That feels almost like you know, like with twins, how like one of them will know when like something's wrong with the other one, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I mean I definitely I think. I mean, I'm a person that believes that people are in your life for a reason, and when you have these strong, deep connections, like you know, I was having a really hard time not that long ago, and someone that I have a very strong connection with that's a friend, but it feels like, oh my god, we were so meant to be in each other's lives texted me like, hey, something's telling me that I need you need someone to talk to And it was so right, you know, And I really I do think that you can have those connections with people. It's just we so often are just like you know, you just maybe you don't believe in that's ever you choose not to, but I do, and and so I think that I believe in that kind of a thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, or like.
Speaker 1: The crystals being like you need to think about your dreams and your you know, It's like, why are those the ones calling out?
Speaker 3: Crystals are calling out? They were calling out to me, and I was like, all right, let's let's activate this, uh this portal to.
Speaker 2: To the other dimension. Let's get into it.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks for sharing that, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it is.
Speaker 3: It is kind of a really, I honestly have it. I the only other time I've like really had like a I feel like something beyond my control is like guiding me. Was like when I started stand up, which sounds like really cheesy, but like I had signed up for a stand up class because like my best friend Madison Shepherd, she her roommate was a stand up and like we had seen and perform like a few times, and I was like, he's not funny. I'm funny. I want to be stand up.
Speaker 2: I was like, Madison, how do we be stand ups? And She's like, okay, well let's take the stand up class.
Speaker 1: See that's the thing with people that do stand up and they're like not good at it and they feel like oh I failed or whatever. A lot of times those people are actually the ones that are inspiring people to become stand ups, and you're actually you're contributing in a big way. You're creating great comics that now feel the confidence to do it.
Speaker 2: It's like thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like you have a purpose. This is part of your path and your journey to inspire, to.
Speaker 1: Inspire, contributing to stand up. It's just not you.
Speaker 2: What a positive spine, that's what I do.
Speaker 3: But yeah, No, I signed up for this class with Madison, and like before it was like at Iowa West, it was like I before I got it out of the car to go into the class, my very first class, I was like overwhelmed by like this like kind of like euphoric feeling, just like a really giddy euphoric feeling where I feel like the only way to kind of describe it is like you know when movies when like like someone kind of has that epiphany movement where like it all comes together, you know.
Speaker 2: Like that big, like that big crescendo of like, yes, I figured it out. It's eureka, and.
Speaker 1: Yes, literally I've come out of the closet, which is about five different times. Yes, but it's.
Speaker 2: Like it just it's it's bigger than you.
Speaker 3: It's so much bigger than you, and you feel like there's kinetic energy, like but it just felt so much bigger.
Speaker 2: Than me and so cinematic.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 3: It was just really strange and overwhelming, and like I feel like I almost wanted to cry. And it was like something was just telling me, like this is a really important moment. Yes, And it's like like I'm like parking my car in Hollywood, like to go to this dinky theater. Like it was just so it was out of the blue, you know what I mean. Like it wasn't like I'm nervous or scared. It just like wasn't overwhelming feeling that was like not of this world.
Speaker 1: You know, totally. Yes, I know that feeling. I'm this is definitely going to be a scene in your movie. Yeah, that's always gonna play.
Speaker 2: No Peace for the Bee.
Speaker 1: That's how I feel about certain things. Okay, can I read you a story from a listener? Yes, I feel like we gotta get let's let's get like spooky. Okay. This one comes from Ali and she posted it in the Facebook group for this podcast called Ghosted by Roz dress False and Ali writes, so this is a doozy. It's kind of long. It's not too long. But this ghost or entity terrorized my entire family in the house and even followed me when we moved a whole state over. Oh my god, that's like cape fear vibes, like like bungee corded.
Speaker 2: Specifically.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, my parents had just gotten married. We moved in this eighty year old house with my twin brother, and it was a huge two story in Fort Sumner, New mex Looking back, we now know why that house's rent was dirt cheap. There were two rooms downstairs and a big one upstairs where the attict where the attic was connected to the walk in closet. I remember always feeling super uneasy in my bedroom, but I was always imaginative and sensitive, so I did my best to ignore it. Until one day I stayed home from school due to swine flu. Swine flu. Oh my god, that takes.
Speaker 2: Aa oh, that's like a throwback very nineties.
Speaker 1: My mom was in her room talking on the phone, and I was walking down the hallway to talk to her. Something stopped me halfway down, and I just felt something in the bathroom behind me on the other side of the hallway. I turned around and I see a grown Hispanic man standing in the doorway of the bathroom. He was wearing blue jeans, a button up and a cowboy hat. He was gesturing me to come toward him and into the bathroom. Automatically, I screamed, and my mom comes rushing in and I told her what I saw. She looks at me in disbelief and says, so, you saw him too. She sat me down and told me that he had started talking to her in my dad's voice while she was half asleep, and he tried touching her upper body area and okay, and made her shoot up. And she realized that my dad was away at work and she was talking to something else in the house, not the dad. I know she wasn't lying because she was always skeptical and never really believed in ghosts until that very moment. My brother had it bad. He still has nightmares about the house. He slept in the top story room, and every night he saw a man standing in his bedroom doorway, an attic doorway, staring at him until he got up and started leaping in my room or my parents room. Because it kept him up all night. He either saw him or heard him walking up the stairs to go into his room. But when Andrew, I'm guessing that's the brother. When Andrew moved his bed into my bedroom, he started visiting my room. Oh my god, Oh.
Speaker 2: No, okay, well this is some Andrew shit, this is Andrew.
Speaker 1: He never came in, but he was right in front of the door watching. Okay, that's why I never have doors open. I always do you sleep with the door o?
Speaker 3: That is that like a thing like to because of the ghosts specifically.
Speaker 1: Well, I just don't want to see anybody outside of my door, Like that's terrifying.
Speaker 3: I feel like, Okay, keeping doors closed for me comes from a place of like, if someone's gonna break in, at least they're gonna have to go through these doors.
Speaker 1: Get hard for them at least, Like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I'm gonna be at least a little tipped off that you are breaking an entry.
Speaker 2: Exactly, give me a little bit of a warning.
Speaker 1: Yes, exactly, I'm with you. It eventually got so bad he wouldn't sleep in our rooms. He started sleeping in the living room, basically in the couch, like between the couch cushions and the couch. That's where he slept because we felt if we were simply on top of it, he couldn't get us. Okay, So I guess they were just like hiding in the couch now, because see that's when it's like ghosts can really fuck with your sleep and that's not okay, that's terrible.
Speaker 3: Dad, you didn't get the house like saged or get someone to come and ask the ghost to leave.
Speaker 1: I mean a lot of people the mom is seeing the ghosts right then she needs to be calling someone to handle the ghosts. Yeah, I mean, like I had some stuff happened in my house when I was a kid, but like it only happened to me, like never happened to my parents, so they say, but like I don't know what they would have done. It's really weird to think about, you know, like I don't know. I feel like I hear so many stories and I realize, you know, I'm the person that watches the movie and it's like, get out of the house. What the hell are you doing? But it's like I think sometimes, you know, there's a lot of different factors of people either like not knowing about this stuff or having like cultural belief or just.
Speaker 3: A little denial where it's like, no, I'm gaslight yourself. You're like, that's crazy, that's silly, that's not right.
Speaker 1: As blood is ripping out of the walls, and they're just like, I'm a normal, tired or totally People love to rationalize their way, you know, out of this stuff. Okay, wait, so there's a little bit more so our dad. Okay, the dad's getting involved her. He had reoccurring nightmares seeing the same man in the same clothes. I saw where he was fucking with our radio and blue statics started coming out of the radio. I think this is all in the dream. When he broke down and finally told us about it, the radio in the kitchen suddenly turned on and played nothing but static. We knew we weren't tripping. There was something in the house. My brother started acting out, disobeying and going outside because he didn't want to be in the house. One day, one day we were all gone, he spaced out and lit a portion of the attic in his room on fire. When he came to and realized what he did, he quickly put it out and never told our parents. When I came home, he confided in me and said, I would never do that. I don't know what came over me, and we go into the attic together to see what's in there. We only got to the very front beginning and saw old beer bottles and engraved numbers all the way back to like nineteen thirty seven or something basically very old. We suddenly got really cold and never went into the attic again, and we slept in our parents' room because the footsteps started all over the house and we no longer felt safe. I felt this presence when we moved to Texas, and I literally had to get this thing done with candles and a stone flower necklace that was blessed. I had to wear the necklace every night when I slept, and one day I woke up and the necklace was off my neck and all the way across the room. I never felt anything after that, but I think about this all the time. Oh that's a scary one girl.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: But did she ever like find out any history on the house and like who this man was or what those like numbers meant?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. But see again, this is where it's like dreams can be paranormal, where it's like people are seeing this man in the house and then the dad is like seeing this exact man in a dream. Like that's something. Okay, let's do like a couple more little, quick little things. You wanna hear some ghost voices? Yes, oh my gosh, okay, it's time for EVP or ev Please. Have you ever heard of an EVP?
Speaker 2: What is anty?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: Okay, It's electronic voice phenomena. It is anytime somebody records what they believe to be a ghost, so their voice talking. So it could be from like a recording device. It could be like someone is doing a video and all of a sudden they hear a whisper in the background. Like it anytime people believe they've recorded a ghost talking. It's very common to hear on like paranormal shows and stuff. And so what I do is I go to YouTube and I find people's EVPs, and I'll have you guess what you hear, and then I'll give you some options of what they believe is the right one. Okay. This first one comes from fr PI online is their name on YouTube, and it is at a place called the Tovar House in Saint Augustine, Florida, a place that's known for being very haunted. Tell me what you hear. Did you hear that voice?
Speaker 2: I heard like a like a.
Speaker 1: There's there's definitely like some like staticky background noise or whatever, but there's a voice speaking or I'll played again.
Speaker 2: Okay, wait, let me let me make sure my volumes all the way up.
Speaker 1: Okay. It's like no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 2: Did it say like get out of here?
Speaker 1: I play it again? Okay, I'll give you some options. Is it A no, I don't eat butter. Maybe they're vegan. Is it B no? I don't know. Is it C? It will all get better? Okay you're a snack. All right, I'm gonna play it again. Do you hear it now?
Speaker 2: Okay, definitely see it will all get better.
Speaker 1: I hear that too. But they think it's saying no, I don't know, let me play it again.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. Okay.
Speaker 1: Well here's another one. This is from I believe the same location. It's from the same group on YouTube. And what does this one say?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: This is more of like a creepy ass whisper. Do you hear anything?
Speaker 2: Is it are they saying like kill Moore?
Speaker 1: I totally hear like a like a k sound. Yeah, Let me put it again. Oh, I don't like that one. That one sounds like a serious It sounds malicious.
Speaker 2: That's definitely sounds like.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: That is not a friendly ghost.
Speaker 1: That's Casper, that's Casper's uncles. Okay, I'll give you some options. Is it A okay? You want to see? Is it B can you find me please? Is it C K I, S S I N G or D sachet away? Yes, Queen.
Speaker 2: Sache away, yes, queen.
Speaker 1: Alright, let's play it one more time. They think it's okay, you want to see which I hear? Apparently one of the investigators says, is anyone there? And then the ghost replies, okay, you want to see? Let me play it again.
Speaker 2: I kind of hear it, okay, I kind of. I kind of hear the sea at the very end.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh okay, that's creepy.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: I hear the k I hear the.
Speaker 1: KFC. What if it was KFC coast of Colonel Sanders. Okay, let's do one more quick little thing. I am gonna list off a bunch of unexplained phenomenas and just tell me what comes to mind. If you have thoughts on it, you know anything, Okay, let's start off with Bigfoot. Is it real? What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bigfoot's real? Why not?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why not? Why not?
Speaker 3: I mean I imagine Bigfoot is like, you know, those those people who like to live off the grid, you know, in the mountains, and they get a bunch of like rifles and firearms, and they're like they're always.
Speaker 2: Getting raided by like the by like the atf you know.
Speaker 3: I feel like Bigfoot's just like an animal version of that.
Speaker 1: But they're like really good at it because they never get caught.
Speaker 3: No, they never get caught. They're living off the land. They're doing what they're doing what Leonardo DiCaprio wished he could do in that Bear movie.
Speaker 1: I mean, the idea of just like living in a treehouse in the woods. What is always something I want to do? Until this pandemic happened and I was like.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely not. You're like isolation not for me.
Speaker 1: Not for me. Okay, what about psychics?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, psychics for sure are definitely real. Psychics, mediums anyone who can.
Speaker 2: Speak to you know, the other world, the other.
Speaker 3: Dimension, paranormal activity, you fully, fully believe it.
Speaker 1: Fully have you been to psychics?
Speaker 2: I have been to I've been to like a few mediums.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and was it accurate?
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of them was like very very accurate.
Speaker 3: Actually, the one that I go to the most regularly, very accurate.
Speaker 1: Oh so you have like a medium, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I have a medium.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: She's amazing. She has like an instagram. Uh, what's her instagram?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Her instagram is the Art of Rooted Living.
Speaker 1: Okay, good to know and so Welsh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's great.
Speaker 1: I love her. She speaks to people that you want her to speak to or what does she do.
Speaker 3: She speaks to like like she reads like energy and feeling and just is like she kind of gets the way like things come to her or through like kind of sound and like feel.
Speaker 2: Does that make sense?
Speaker 3: Like she just kind of like her senses I guess are like overloaded with like what comes to her, you know.
Speaker 2: But she's like been able to like see.
Speaker 4: Some things that we're just so specific where it's like there's you know, how how would you be able to to be so correct about this very specific thing?
Speaker 1: Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Yeah, But she's great. I love her.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Fully, I'm fully very into psychics. I love it. I feel like it's a gift. It's a gift. It's a real thing. Like again, that's what I'm saying. It's like I believe in the paranormal, like for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean psychics to me, like when they're good, they're good. But it's not is the kids. Okay, let's do some more a couple more unexplained phenomenas. What about haunted dolls. Can a doll be haunted?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Haunted dolls? Have you heard of that? Uh isla, uh isla? That muniekas in.
Speaker 1: Mexico City, just like the Island of Dolls.
Speaker 2: Yeah, island.
Speaker 3: It's literally an island just filled with dolls inhabited by like a bunch of It's the creepiest fucking thing in the world.
Speaker 1: That's terrifying.
Speaker 3: It is fully just an island where like, you know, people leave dolls.
Speaker 1: Oh I have heard of this?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that seems that seems haunted as fuck. Okay, And I think anything can be possessed like I think dolls. You know, I think dolls are a good vessel for possession because they have all of the parts that humans have, you know what I mean, It's like they're easy to anthra morrifies.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, is that the right word?
Speaker 3: Where you like give like an inadamate object like human like abilities and characteristics?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you think they could kill somebody like Chucky?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why not?
Speaker 3: I mean it's like voodoo dolls, you know what I mean? Like I believe in that should too.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, okay, unexplained phenomena. Will I ever work in this town again?
Speaker 3: Oh honey, you definitely will work in this town. I mean, honestly, me working in this town is a pretty unexplained phenomenon.
Speaker 1: Honestly. Same. Okay, what about uh UFOs?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, UFOs for sure? And I wasn't like I.
Speaker 3: Wasn't honestly, I wasn't like a believer in UFOs until I saw have you seen the new Unsolved Mysteries?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, the one with the town and all the people?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, so good?
Speaker 3: And okay, so I became like in this panorama. I became obsessed with this YouTube. Excuse me, I became obsessed with this behavioral panel.
Speaker 2: They're these like essentially human lie detectors, like.
Speaker 1: These people on YouTube. They're like, oh, see the way they just scratch their nose. That means they're lying or whatever.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you can like see like their heart rate, like if you see someone's knees, like you can tell their heart rate, so they like can tell like when your heart rate goes up or down, like when you're talking. It's totally wild. But they break down the UFO episode of that Unsolved mystery and they are like, I have never believed a person more. They are fully like this person is recounting. They're not saying what I think, They're like what I saw.
Speaker 1: You know. What I always say about stuff like that is like, Okay, let's say those all these people in this small town that are not Hollywood actors. They would have to be incredible actors. First of all, they'd have to be undiscovered talent that was just so good there's just no way.
Speaker 3: And then like they would have to get the whole town involved, like do you can you imagine that dress rehearsal, Oh my god, imagine that read through table read the table read for.
Speaker 2: That, just getting these.
Speaker 3: These Meryl streams, just getting them into character.
Speaker 1: But they're all amazing, Like that's hard, it's just hard to believe.
Speaker 2: It a long con too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they would have to agree your twenties, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they'd have to all agree that we're never gonna take other jobs. We have this incredible all these abilities were so believable as actors, but will never take other jobs, will never work ever, will never work in this town again. Well they'll work in that town because they'll keep doing their UFO stuff. But like it's I have a hard time.
Speaker 2: Like this is our one gig.
Speaker 1: Honestly, it's like because I know that that story, Like, I mean, they've talked about it, you know, throughout the years, and I think there's definitely way more interest in that place now and so people, you know, I'm sure those people are doing a lot more interviews and stuff. And yeah, I mean it's almost like when you're on a sitcom like twenty years ago and it still airs like it's a great gig if you're an actor, great gig.
Speaker 2: But also you don't get paid for it. No, it's a like journalism.
Speaker 3: You're not legally allowed to pay for interviews if it's considered like.
Speaker 2: News and actual journalism.
Speaker 3: So like they're not getting paid, they're just getting exposure.
Speaker 2: But like they don't want any other gig.
Speaker 1: That's the that's the thing. Oh, Danielle, thank you so much for coming.
Speaker 2: On you Roz. This was such a blast.
Speaker 1: It was fun. Tell everybody you know where to find you and everything going on.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you can watch me right now on season two of Special on Netflix. You can follow me on Twitter and Instagram at Diva Deluxe no E at the end, and you can listen to me on my podcast Wow Rude at Wow.
Speaker 1: Rudepod love it. Thank you to Danielle Perez and if you want to hear just a little bit more, go to patreon dot com slash rozdres Fales. On my second tier, the two of us are talking about the real story that inspired the Conjuring three, that devil made me do it, and you know, it's two comedians talking about it, so it might be different from other discussions about the topic. I don't know. I enjoyed it. And then also you can watch me talking about eBay dolls on my Patreon this month as well. Guys, please subscribe to the show, rate it five stars and tell your friends if you got a ghost story, put it in a five star review, or just write something nice or don't write anything at all. You could also join our Facebook group Ghosted by rozdres Fales. You could leave a ghost story there. And I want to do a listener episode, So please email me at ghosted by Roz at gmail dot com with the subject line listener episode, and you know all the other things. I'm a cameo at rozdres Fales, I am on Instagram at Roz Hernandez, and I love you all, both living and dead. But if I didn't ask you to haunt me, don't haunt me. Came Back starbands off their a podcast A podcast network, M