Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, Radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 3: You want to take a look at some of the stocks on the move today. Bloomberg News Earnings reporter Red Brown Cody that was a mover today.
Speaker 4: Yes, it was up as much as thirteen percent today on report that the company was in the early stages, very early stages of exploring a sale. This report came from Women's Wear Daily, citing multiple unnamed industry sources that the company's actually looking to do two sales to break up both of its units. And that's probably why the shares are responding so much, is because they have this one very fast growing luxury fragrance business that's been kind of drugged down by their cosmetics, their kind of hot their mass market cosmetics. So yeah, you know, that positive reaction probably coming from the fact that you'll be able to unlock a little bit more value by breaking these two businesses up, especially considering kind of the trends within the mass market business has been been difficult, a lot of competition. A big market would be China as well, and then we've kind of seen how the economy and and sales consumer sales have been doing over there, So yeah, I guess still kind of remains to be seen.
Speaker 3: Cody bought Khylie Cosmetics, right, which is one of the Jenner's you know, Kylie Jenner? What come on?
Speaker 1: I don't know the answer to that, but I did in twenty nineteen. What they bought it back then?
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't you remember they bought a fifty one percent stake and it valued it at like one point two billion.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just I don't know if they still own it.
Speaker 2: I saw that they were.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure either.
Speaker 1: There were vending machines at the airport for Kylie Cosmetics. I know, it's like, who that's crazy? Cake machine for everything?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 3: I know I bought a cupcake from a vending machine and it was really good. Okay the times, Yeah, I'm like, give me some sugar.
Speaker 1: Six sixty four I sent down from twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: Huhs.
Speaker 1: The stock has been getting beat.
Speaker 3: Up, yeah, in a big way. Cot why is the ticker?
Speaker 4: That's right? I think that might have been what made her a billionaire too.
Speaker 2: It's exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's exactly like it was a big deal when that crossed. So you know your cosmetics companies.
Speaker 4: A little bit of Kardashian trivia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that makes me so happy. All right, So let's move on to MG and what do we got there?
Speaker 4: Yeah, another stock in the green today, shares up around eight percent, top five, one of the top five best performing stocks in the S and P five hundred today. They kind of now flat erase the losses for the year. The reason they jumped is actually has to do with not their casinos has a lot to do with their sports book in partnership with a British end tane. They raise their outlook for that this year, and I kind of think it makes sense. Just I mean, you probably this one passes the eye test. Just it feels like sports betting and sports in general everywhere. I don't know if it's just because we're in New York, but yeah, they raise their expectations by around one hundred million dollars to two point six billion for the year. So yeah, real sport's better. I'm not, I'm really bad at it.
Speaker 3: Wait, that means you've done it, Like I'll do.
Speaker 4: Like one a year. I'll do one bet a year on like a big soccer game or something.
Speaker 1: Aren't the vast majority of people aren't the vast majority of people bad at this because it's not a skill.
Speaker 3: It's like gambling.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The reason they're businesses is because people.
Speaker 1: Exactly, I've heard the house. I heard the house always wins.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: Well, you go to Vegas and this stuff is not built because you know, the people who use the services are the ones making the money.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 4: Well, it's actually interesting they've been struggling this year a little bit just because people have been winning. So maybe because they're so yeah, well, I think it's not they're winning. It's just a lot of the favorites have been winning. So if you think like the March Madness tournament, it was like all number one seeds made it to the final four. So it's like you really don't have to be too much of a of a savanta. I guess, get that right.
Speaker 3: That's a good point. That's interesting, like when the numbers maybe go against the house.
Speaker 4: Right, So he's been a little bit at this year.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not okay from there's no easy segue gambling.
Speaker 4: No, it's like what there's.
Speaker 1: No easy segue way from going to sports betting or gaming gaming. To the defense industry, this is tough Lockheed though on your radar.
Speaker 4: Yeah, lockeed along with Northrop, but Lockeed tickers MT along with Northrop Grumman, and el Free Technology Alfree harriscuse me Technologies. They make up the top three stocks that gave up the most ground today. And this is after last week when the shares of this group were up again kind of on the just the kind of the increased escalation that everyone's been watching in the Middle East. It's it's kind of interesting. A sales side kind of called this one right when they said, you know, there is something they're gonna be this fluctuation, but it's it's gonna be you know, it's just gonna be temporary. This isn't going to be a long term trend in the shares.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, not Apple car Play and Android Atto with the Bloomberg Business Apple
Speaker 1: Mm hmm,