Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Danny McCrae, Hecma Harrison, and New He scrugs.
Speaker 2: It's a parade in my city.
Speaker 3: Yay.
Speaker 2: Look at that.
Speaker 3: The Texas Rangers have won the World Series and everybody gear enough for the parade.
Speaker 2: Finally we got another one since ninety nine. I'm gonna be right here on the team. He didn't, new Manager, don't you worry about it already.
Speaker 3: We're gonna do Hey, man, we are here at the TAJ Hall of Football in Frisco, the Dallas Cowboys headquarters. I'm heckm Harrison, He's Danny McCrae, and that's Buried Church.
Speaker 2: Fellas.
Speaker 3: Let's get it on, man, this is uh, We're getting we getting.
Speaker 2: It right there. You've been setting up all week. I can't wait, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he'd been giving them so many price palls, but he'd been giving them so many props.
Speaker 2: I can't do it now, do it?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Doing doing doing? Now?
Speaker 3: Whoa fellas fell before? I go in, let me check on your mentals. Man, make sure y'all good. Everybody good in the room. Hey, Bro, Yeah, you know when you go to the Dinners, Bro, and they do the little dudettle check with the guns, may be like three four one.
Speaker 2: I hate that stuff. Bro. Went to the Dinners Wisdom team. You gotta get them things out.
Speaker 3: They said, you're good, I gotta go and get them wizards. And she said, you've been doing a good job. Yeah, but some teeth in the back, you know, they you know, they cause you a little trouble. So on you, I'm gonna have to go ahead and get them out. How long you've been living with the wisdom teeth? Man, Look listen, my wife win't got her wisdom teeth taken out back in like twenty fifteen.
Speaker 2: I had to go pick her up and take care of Bro. I'm like, I don't want to be.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 2: Hey, the same in mind. Man, what's going on with you? Bro?
Speaker 5: Everything's good? Everything's good, man, Well that's good. Not too hot, not too cold, So man, I'm good. I ain't gonna lie to you, man, complain about.
Speaker 3: Only man I know and leave keys to the Bentley and still go and started. I don't even know how they adjudgment. I don't know how they say where they do that. I don't even so you've been a load lady. Yeah, when you went about the frontal pedalizer, man big, they sent you a photo on the little machine. Bro. You got to go get the little machine. Bro calls you, like, seventy bucks, Bro, seven.
Speaker 2: Forty dollars, Bro, forty Do it was three? I thought it was.
Speaker 3: I don't know what what. I don't know what inflation I was working with three dollars? Yeah, I can't do it. It's definitely, it's definitely forty dollars. But the players lound sponsored by twos Titos, the official chip and dip of the Dallas Cowboys. Cannot forget about our sponsor. For guys, we are getting close. We're getting close to this. This matchup on on on Sunday, man And what's exciting for me is the fact that the Miami Dolphins are playing the Kansas City Chiefs in Germany. The NFL dropped the ball on that one. What they dropped the ball? Tell y'all, I'm telling you what. I have visions of a of a Final four weekend right now. Maybe this is a preview for the final four for Championship weekend. Feeling good, boy, Yeah, I'm feeling real good. I'm telling you, dog, I got so listen. This is what you're talking. That's be out there. Man, what it sounds like. Hey, I'm just saying preview.
Speaker 2: I said previewview.
Speaker 3: You might have a preview the final four for Championship weekend. But but the but you know, Roger Goodell said, let's do it in Germany. We don't have to do it state side. I don't know who lost home game. I think it may have been Miami. But man, there's some big games coming up this weekend. Yeah, without a doubt, there's a lot of big time games. The number one, as we all know, it's gotta be Philly versus Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 5: And as we have the you know, Washington Commanders versus Eagles game going on in the background.
Speaker 2: Look this defense, it can be had, It can be had.
Speaker 5: Going earlier into this week, I'm like, in my man, I'm thinking all these mismatches are gonna be too much.
Speaker 2: Philly gonna route them.
Speaker 5: But as we get closer the game day, I start looking a bit a little bit more and more hearing y'all talk about this offense Roland and Dak Prescott and all that gus stuff. I'm starting to swape me a little bit because this defense can be had. We don't know how healthy Jalen Hurts is. I mean, he's ducking in dodging questions about his knee. So I don't know. Man's starting to you know, favorite the boys maybe a little bit here, Man, I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 2: We'll see.
Speaker 3: Well that's all for Heckman to talk positively about about no, no, no, And then you go back and watch the game from last week and how they played, and you're like, you know what, the defense may be a little susceptible to some stuff that I let me tell you this. Okay, time prove consistency, all right. What the office did last week has happened one time this season. What they how they performed last week against the L. A. Rams has happened one time this season. The other forty point games they would straight up blowouts. We wasn't scoring in the red zone, kicking field goals, defenses getting points, but the offense were. They weren't getting as many points outside of last week. So I just want to try to bring you back down to reality real quick before you get into that.
Speaker 2: Man, I remember when Dak.
Speaker 3: Prince got was throwing forty times, no touchdowns, all stuff. It's possible. I'm just saying, but I don't want you to feel that way. You know, just based off of one he looked down that office before he did he looked at that.
Speaker 2: He did. Yes, here we go.
Speaker 3: Objection you go with all of that. As you were looking at the all twenty two, what did you see? You saw Sam Howe missing wide open stuff out there. Samhow finished the game well. He passed for fifty to fifty two attemptsright, thirty nine thirty nine completion, three hundred and ninety seven yards against.
Speaker 2: This vaunted, big, strong, tough.
Speaker 3: Philadelphia Eagles defense, four touchdowns, one interception, and he missed a lot of plays. I'm just saying, when you go back and look at it, for all of the huff and puff about the Philadelphia Eagles defensively, there's a lot of stuff going on with him. Go to the film study Isaiah stand Back. He does a wonderful job of drawing it up, just showing you how this Dallas Cowboys offensive line if they can script the same way. And I'm not saying letter for letter from what the commanders did? You have an opportunity to blow the doors off of a team and set the NFC and set the NFC on notice. I'm telling you, listen, hold on, go ahead. But that's the thing that but that's the thing you what do we do? We go back and we look at the tape and we see a team that had opportunities, that had opportunities not only in passing but also Russian.
Speaker 2: The numbers are here, Brian Robinson Jr. Ten Rushes fifty.
Speaker 3: Come on, now, come on, now, you have to look at the situation. You have to look at a situation, especially for Tony Poller. What have we been talking about all week? This running game has to get what it has to get going. This is the game where you possibly can get it going. Because right now the Philadelphia Eagles are giving up chunk yards? He said, are we doing twenty out the playing again? Because it's morning? It's morning, bro, Because I listen this one, I don't understand. Okay, listen, the Cowboys are playing well. Okay, they only lost two games this season, all right, you could only beat who they put out there.
Speaker 2: In front of you. Fair same thing with the Eagles.
Speaker 3: So we go back and look at the all twenty two and who was susceptible to Wood. Don't forget about the Cardinals game. Okay, it was Josh Dobbs. We talked about Sam Hobby. It was Josh Dobbs that it was leakas there. We're still talking about the LA Chargers. How many passes that Justin Herbert missed when Keenan Allen was no. But you just said this about then Commanders. I'm saying it's the same like this, This is the exact same thing, the same way that that we can look at the Eagles and say they're beatable.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm never gonna say that.
Speaker 3: We're probably gonna blow the dose off of them, but they're beatable because that's that's that's the game of football. Like the officive coordinator, the defensive coordinators got to figure out ways to get guys open. And sometimes it happens. Sometimes we miss quarterbacks, misreceivers, but blow the doors off year on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and you get coming here on Thursday.
Speaker 2: I'm leaning up and not a defense not I just don't happen. I'm leaning us. I'm leaning up.
Speaker 3: And so what I was telling you about yesterday was his offensive line. I was telling you about the offense. I was talking about A J. Brown, I was talking about Davonte Smith. I was talking about Swift. I was talking about the guys that's really getting things done. That offense is still A J. Brown is dominating. I can't take anything away from that, and if I could, I would, honestly I would, all right, but I didn't see that. I'm looking on the defensive side of the ball, and I'm telling you, as big and bad as they have been, as much as we talked about Philadelphia's defense being the big bad wolf in the NFC East, it just doesn't appear that way.
Speaker 2: Even look, they got Jalen Smith, Kobe Dean, all.
Speaker 3: Of these guys at Georgia Philadelphia team right defensively, Mike McCarthy has got to be looking at this Philadelphia team saying, we gotta take our shots with Ceedee Lamb. What have we been saying, Ceede Lamb's been begging for the ball, We've been looking for these opportunities. Well, look this this Philadelphia team is gonna play him man the man. They're not it's not gonna be no trick bag out there for him and Brandon Cooks. They're gonna be in single man, single safety high and if you can't eat with that.
Speaker 2: You can't eat nowhere in the league. And come on, y'all played the game. You tell me no, No, I just told you. I don't know.
Speaker 5: So when you talking about these opportunities that we gotta get yes or the Cowboys gotta get ceedee Lamb, gotta get galloped, gotta get Cooks involved. So are we saying going into this game? You know, we talked about it earlier this week. Hot his offense is evolving a little bit, saying going into this game, it's gotta be on Dak shoulders as far as throwing the football like it's gonna be you know, here sprinkles a little bit of Tony Pollard here in there, and that's gonna be the formula in order.
Speaker 3: To get a dumb I'm gonna say this, Barry. I think coming into the season, both of y'all were talking about Dak Prescott in the turnovers. He led the league into turnovers and he missed five games. That's abysmal as a quarterback. That's horrible. There's no excuse for that, all right, But this season, what did Mike McCarthy come into the season with an attention of detail on turning the ball over? We're not gonna allow this whole thing has been Let's pull this back a little bit and not allow Dak to be in a position where he has to throw it fifty two times in the game. You gotta lead. We're not gonna just keep throwing the ball. What are we gonna do. We're gonna get Tony Pollet involved, We're gonna run the ball. We're gonna keep our defense fresh. When I look at these numbers, and I'm just saying from when we say put it on Dak.
Speaker 2: Last week when you.
Speaker 3: Came into the Los Angeles game, it was like, okay, well, how do you play against the defense that you really don't know a lot about. But that same defense that we were talking about only allowed four passing touchdowns through the season. Dak did that in one game. So put it on Dak. That's the Day's your time, consistency and proof right there, because he's shown you that if you give me an opportunity in this offense, I can actually get it done. Now I go back and I'm looking at these numbers and that's all I can go off of what I see. Jahan Dawson eight catches, one hundred and eight yards, Jameson crowd of seven catches ninety five yards, Tarry McClure five, six for sixty three, Logan Thomas six for forty four.
Speaker 2: They all got a tuddy in that game. Now, if I can't look at the.
Speaker 3: Same guys that we've been talking about that wide receiver room that we did not go into the deadline making a trade for, you mean to tell me we can't duplicate that same effort.
Speaker 2: D Mack, I'm looking at you. I'm not. I gotta listen. I'm not.
Speaker 3: That's the thing I'm not falling for, bro, because we go through this every week, all right, how one team performs against another team.
Speaker 2: The Eagles have lost one game.
Speaker 3: And what I said I liked about the Eagles is no matter what's happening on whatever side of the ball, they figure out a way to win. So they go into that game, oh, defense not showing up offense to figure out a way to get it done. Defense is gonna make the stops when they need to make the stops. Every big time defensive game is not gonna look like going only allow on ten points.
Speaker 2: Some of them look like, hey man, we're gonna get a.
Speaker 3: Big time stop when we need it, and that's what the Eagles have been able to do. They are also multiple with their defensive Like if they don't show up last week, that damn showed on me, They're not gonna show up the next week because we know what their defense can do because we've seen them do it. So I'm not gonna play too much into what happened with the Washington team because that's the same thing that happened with us against Arizona. Like if you look at the tape, we should have been able to go out there and dominate Arizona, but for some reason a different Arizona. I'm saying it just didn't happen. So I know that possibly it gets the Washington Commanders, which is a divisional game. How you always say it don't matter who it is, and the divisional game, that's what that type of stuff looks like. So I'm not playing too much into that. Like I said, Dak Prescott has played that well one game this season, so I'm not really just like, hey, now we just put it all on that. We have to be balanced, like Church said, And if we're not and we've become one dimensional, we're gonna be in trouble.
Speaker 5: And then even if we do become one dimensionally, you look at that Washington Receiver Corps. You know they got you know, Terry McClure and Dosos guys you just named. Outside of CD Lamb, when you talk about the Dallas Cowboys, where's that other production coming from the spread the Eagles out Because if we look at it, they were able to spread that ball around.
Speaker 2: Because those receivers were getting separation.
Speaker 5: They were able to go out there and beat those and beat those one on one coverages out there.
Speaker 2: Where have we seen that from Gallup so far this year? You know?
Speaker 5: And Boks is coming along ferguson that tight end group they're dropping past.
Speaker 2: I just I mean, it's gonna be tough because if they're gonna they're gonna put a lot of infhasis on CD Lamb.
Speaker 5: He can't go the past two games, he has nineteen catches, two hundred and seventy five yards. They're not gonna just let him go one on one out there. They're gonna have something for CD Lamb. So then it comes down to can Cook's gallop, Tolbert Ferguson and the crew. Can they win those one on ones? Can they help this offense be productive? Because we saw Washington their secondary receivers were able to do so as you just.
Speaker 2: Named off those stats.
Speaker 5: Can we still feel that way about this Cowboys offense or they're gonna have to be able to win those one on ones to be productive.
Speaker 2: I see, I like you see, he sees you. You not.
Speaker 3: You're looking at the season in its entirety and not just as Washington Commander's game, because all twenty two got you feeling real good about what you saw against the Washington Commanders in and you know, albeit that is what happened, but they ended up winning that game. I feel better about where Ceedee Lamb is. And I also feel better about the discovery of Brandon Cooks.
Speaker 2: Discovery. No, he's he's been. We located this guy, and so look here's it.
Speaker 3: And I guess I'll pose it as a question your expectation for Ceedee Lamb coming into this game after what you what you say nineteen two seventy something like last two games of last two games, your expectation for Cede Lamb if he is that number one unquestioned, because he's taking the next steps that you want him to as a wide receiver. What are your expectations for him coming into a game like this versus the Eagles, Well, you know, we got to show up listen ten targets, Like I don't know what's going to happen with those targets. I expect us as an offense to say, we're gonna run this game one and our receiver for our receiving concepts through Cede Lamb those ten targets and not be going to gallop.
Speaker 2: They should be going to Cede Lamb.
Speaker 3: He should have the most targets, and then you should focus on how you get branded cooks involved.
Speaker 2: I don't know if he's gonna.
Speaker 3: Have one hundred and fifty whatever it is, because with the Cowboys, you never you never know how they're gonna play.
Speaker 2: One week we come out.
Speaker 3: There and we try to run it twenty five times, and the next week we come out and that Prescott is throwing four touch down. So I don't know what his numbers will look like, but I need to see him get ten targets. He cannot disappear he has to be a part of the game plan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this guy has got to be on his AJ Brown type game. I mean, he's got to go out there and find a way to be that number one target and find that way to move the football offensively. You look at AJ Brown, you look at some of those other receivers in the world or in the National Football League. Teams know that they're going to get the ball, but they still go out there and dominate. I need Cede Lamb to do that same thing because if we look at it, James Bradbury and big play slay over there, they're not The Rams didn't have that, The Chargers didn't have that. You know, those secondaries were watching it again, you've seen Witherspoon for the Rams. He was out there getting torched, all right, number before he four on the say he's out there getting flayed.
Speaker 3: Me on.
Speaker 5: So to me, he's going to go up against better competition. And this is why I say those other receivers have got to be able to step up because Cook Slave, he's arguably what a top three corner in the National Football League. Bradberry's not too far behind. So to me, that secondary is going to give him a lot more trouble than we've seen in the past two games. And that's why these secondary pieces gotta get wrong.
Speaker 3: You have faith in Bernon Cooks. It's being that second piece if we if we include him in the offense and he's continued to be found and then all of a sudden disappeared, that you have faith that he can make it work out there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because speed kills. I mean, we all understand that.
Speaker 5: And I think the Philadelphia Eagles that's what they struggle with defensively, is when you got a burner, when you got a guy that can get over top of the secondary and that's what Cooks. You know, he hasn't been able to do that consistently this year, but in years past he's been able to burn defenses. So if we're able to test them at least open it up a couple of times, I think we should have success in there. But if you let a gallop or you know, or even the Cooks out here get ten receptions, cowboys ain't winning.
Speaker 2: Has got to be cd Land. He's got to be the guy out there.
Speaker 3: And Dan, I'm gonna just tell you straight up, this is the game where Brandon Cooks has to show up, I can't come to Sunday night. I'm sitting there and I'm saying, I'm looking at Brandon Cooks, and I'm like, where was Brandon Cooks? Look at these numbers and we don't have completions or seven targets in eighty yards a touchdown. He has to be that speed component for our offense or otherwise teams like the Philadelphia Eagles gonna crawd the line of scrimmage and take away to one thing that everybody questioned what you can do, and that's running the ball.
Speaker 2: If you can't do that, man.
Speaker 3: It make the whole game plan easy for whatever else they gonna do, because then they could play in zone, they could be I mean, like you said, they play multiple They're gonna do different different things all the time.
Speaker 2: This is the game. This is the game.
Speaker 3: When I say discovery, I'm talking about we just the trade we didn't make. But that's the trade. Brandon Cooks is your acquisition that you needed at the deadline. Because if he shows up in this game and he gives you a big time production, then that means that the Eagles are trying to play extra attention to Ceedee Lamb take him out of the game. And he's the one component that went out there and wanted to Look. I ain't gonna lie to you, bro, I'm just processing. I'm processing right now because we've been all week. Okay, we that came in here talk about tasty caves. This man been pumping up, pumping up the Eagles all and stuff. And I ain't seen a one ad like this in my entire life. You ain't seen it.
Speaker 2: And then and then and then.
Speaker 3: And then come here after you make the one ady and be like, oh huh, I've been saying this.
Speaker 2: Nah, Bro, I know that, I know.
Speaker 3: I know that the defense and the offense they different, but the blowing the dose off of them. Listen because you have to, huh, because you have to you have to play a physical brand of football versus Philadelphia. You know that it's the same brand of football that you didn't show up with with the forty nine ers.
Speaker 2: And you got your doors. Put that, put that, put that tasty cake on it. Bro.
Speaker 3: Man, Look, you gotta lot it. We got a lot to go, We got a lot to go, we got allowed to go. And matter of fact, we're gonna take our first break on that note. Talking tasty case We're gonna do that, and when we come back, we're gonna go back into this offense and see what they gotta do to get a win here. Because man, everybody know, all eyes will be on the Dallas Cowboys Philadelphia Eagles game on.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back after this.
Speaker 4: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, and they snapped.
Speaker 2: The Preshcot who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slapped. He'll walk for Frenchtown.
Speaker 4: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency prums.
Speaker 6: Scott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 4: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 4: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 3: Hi, I'm Danny McCrae, Dallas Cowboys alumni player here with's Smoothie King, and Smoothie King wants to ask you, what's that sound? That's the sound of you and everyone else absolutely loving new smoothie bowls from Smoothie King and.
Speaker 2: Whoo Me Too.
Speaker 3: These smoothie bowls start with us II and Pataya and are handcrafted with fresh topics like sliced bananas, sweetberries, crunchy Purely Elizabeth granola, and a savory peanut butter drizzle. New smoothie bowls only at smooth The Officials movie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, crews, T shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bold, unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 8: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies in every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks. Home we're away, we rally together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all, we got big love for them boys. Smeirenough game days, Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: Back to the players loude.
Speaker 3: Get a frame worthy family holiday photo with Santa at the Star presented by Monument Reality.
Speaker 2: Santa Claus will.
Speaker 3: Be at his cowboy themed cottage in the Star District from November eighteenth through December to twenty fourth. Book your visit before December first and save five dollars with Cold Star five. Visit the Star District dot com slash Santa for more information. Back here at the headquarters of your Dallas Cowboys, this is the player's lounge. I'm Heck Maharrison, He's Dan McCrae, and that's Barry Church. I recommend that you guys go and get a picture with Santa. Me and my family. What we've been doing over the years, every time when the kids, when every age we got a picture with Santa. Hey, we just put them Santa Claus Christmas put them all around the house.
Speaker 2: It's like a time lapse.
Speaker 3: See what your kids when you add another one to the family, be even more. Look at you ain't right, You're right. Let's go back to this football. I don't want to get this man out, but look, we want to talk about down the distance. What's the most important down in distance for the Dallas Cowboys. You're watching the game? Is the first down? Second down, third down? What's the most important down the distance for you?
Speaker 5: To me, it's got to be the Cowboys gotta have some type of positivity on first down. We all understand third downs of money down, that's how you continue. You know you're driving all that, But leading up to that, it can't be, you know, second and twelve because that's gonna more than likely lead to a longer down the distance on third down. So I think you gotta be positive on first down. I'm looking for a lot of runs on first down, whether you know Tony pol just to keep them honest something.
Speaker 2: I just don't want to.
Speaker 5: Go into there against the chains because we all understand if you go out there and it becomes a third and long fest.
Speaker 2: The Eagles are just like the Cowboys.
Speaker 5: They're gonna go out there and hunt like that's what Dan Quinn loves for offenses to get in those long passing down the distances going against his defense, and that's the same with the Philadelphia Eagles because they can rush the passer. So to me, they got to get something done on first down, whether it's.
Speaker 2: Two yards three yar. Don't gotta be nothing.
Speaker 5: Crazy, but just something to where you can keep those third downs manageable. Yeah, I'm going first down, but just for a slightly different reason. I think it's more of you got to be able to mix it up on first down. You can't to me, you can't become like, hey, we know exactly what they're going to do on first down and then they can stack the box or trying to dictate what you're doing on first You got to be able to mix it up so then you can have them on their heels on second and third down.
Speaker 3: Right, you want to make sure that you're not able to be kind of like a predictable offense. So for me, I want to see some boots, some waggles, maybe a quick slam, bubble screen, whatever it is. Just mix some stuff in there so you don't just become that same team on first down. Then y'all see at the beginning of the season. I think those first couple of games we were having big time success on first down. It was always bringing up and I mentioned this before in the show, it was bringing up those second and sevens, those second and sixes, and I think it made it so much easier for Mike McCarthy when he was in those situations where second and six. Then you started to see the forty nine Ers game, first down you was getting negative yards, first down, you was getting one yard, and.
Speaker 2: Then his whole offensive play call and change.
Speaker 3: So the question that we bring up, man, that's a big time question because that dictates the way that Mike is gonna call this game. So I flipped the question on you that if you're not having that success on first down and you are having to go with more wide open concept instead of just being generic and conservative, can the Cowboys play to that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: This is why, because at the beginning of the season, like what, however, you want to change your offense. Okay, don't forget who your defense is, all right, So whatever you start the game off and it's not working for you on first down, mix it up. Do not turn into we are gonna throw on first now every time, to where we gotta just hey, that gonna throw it fifty times, and if we win by that, we win by that.
Speaker 2: If we lose, we lose.
Speaker 3: You know, at the beginning of the season, Mike McCarthy came out, he said, we are going to play to our defense, right, make sure that they are rested so they can hunt when they get out there, because they are usually the difference makers in the games, especially our forty point wins. They have usually made some type of huge play to swing the momentum and make sure that the Cowboys on offense and then have a shorter field to score on.
Speaker 2: So yeah, just mix it up, bro, mix it up. I don't want to see that.
Speaker 3: I don't want to see that because you said it, Bro a lot of times when we go into that offense where Dak Prescott is going to be the guy where he's gonna throw it forty times, maybe fifty. It's just too iffy, man, it's just too iffy, especially against a defensive line who set the record last year for sacks.
Speaker 2: That's true. You don't want to put yourself in that position.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, by the way, it's Tyresmith playing, Like what type of situation do you want to be in as far as hey, we behind the sticks and then now we gotta just face that defensive You know, I'm gonna let I want to make sure you stay on your one eight and feel come, I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: Be there anyway. It's not gonna be nothing to you. What are you saying?
Speaker 3: What were you saying as far as conservative game plan on first down or or open this up?
Speaker 2: Man, I think it's tough.
Speaker 5: It's tough because you can't play like you can't be too conservative to where they know every time you come out on first down, hey, they gonna do something either, you know, quick out of his hands fast, they're gonna run the football. You can't be that conservative because it makes you too predictable. But then again, you don't want to get in those long down distances. But to me, the Cowboys are gonna go out there and then they're gonna win this game. If the girl gonna go out there and win this game, the offensive has to be productive, and in that regard, you're gonna have to take shots. So to me, you gotta open this thing up a little bit. You gotta open up the playbook, you gotta open up the offense. You just can't go out there at twelve twenty one personnel. Oh it's third down, Now go to A and per. You got to mix it up, like you said, and keep this defense off balance, because once they get a key on what you're doing, those pass rushers are gonna eat. You know, that secondary is gonna be opportunistic just looking for an interception from Dak Prescott, so you can't fall into their hands.
Speaker 2: You got to keep them guessing.
Speaker 5: That's why this the balance approach to me is the best, and that's why I feel like Tony Poller got to get his touches up just a little bit more.
Speaker 2: And it doesn't have to be all runs like.
Speaker 5: It doesn't have to be you know, we got to get this man eighteen to twenty two rushing attempts. It could be fifteen rushing then, Oh everything's kind of blocked or kind of covered up up there. Let me dump it down to Tony Polla a couple of times, a screen here and there, just different ways to get him the ball to make sure that this defense is kind of man should should we play uptight on these guys and take away the short stuff or do we play on top to make sure we keep everything in front of us. You gotta keep this team guessing because once they get a hold of what you're doing, it gets kind of tough to move the back.
Speaker 3: Then, you guys, expect a little bit more from our screen game. Absolute, Yeah, Like I think, yeah, I think that's one of one of the fastest of offense where I'm like, I would love to see some improvement in that area, all right, just all around though, like to I feel like Tony Poler should be a really good screen back.
Speaker 2: He should be able, like a little bit out.
Speaker 3: He should be able, Like we should be able to make some plays like that ceedee lamb turping those guys out there on the edge. We should figure out we should be able to figure out a way to get them involved in the screen Ferguson, We got guys who when you get the ball in their hands early and let them let them do what they do, I think they can make some play. So I would like to see our screen game, you know, become a little bit more successful throughout the season.
Speaker 2: And I'm glad you brought up because I meant to talk about it.
Speaker 5: Do you think he should get a little bit more for some snaps like every time the game he kind of it kind of makes something happen, whether it's a you know, reverse, let me throw them on an inside fade. When he seems to get the ball in his hands, he seems electric. So to me, would you want Turning to get a little bit more playing time? Seeing as though these wide receivers outside of C. D. Lamb, you know, cooks getting you know, we gotta see because you know, Gall he just hasn't for whatever the case. I know he's been injured, all that good stuff, but he hasn't been as productive as we might have thought going into this season. I mean we can all say that. I mean, looking at the game, he just hasn't been that productive wide receiver. So do you to get a spark into this offense? Can you see them sliding maybe a turping in to get a little bit more more wide receiver three reps.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying he's gonna be out there all day, but I think that's a little bit.
Speaker 3: I think he's the X factor also in this game, and he's a guy that can give your offense some juice immediately. The problem that we had in the two losses that we've had is that we got off to a bad starts.
Speaker 2: Arizona.
Speaker 3: You walked out there and it was it was literally looked like it was over before it started. San Francisco horrible start. And this is and that's for me, like when I look at this this Philly game, you cannot get off to a bad start in this game. And a guy like Cavante Turpin, whether it be in those specialty plays with him or something that he does special teams and we saw last week. Now, I don't know if the NFL is on notice, but y'all saw it. Cavante Turpin can't be a difference maker on special teams for us. I mean, and the way that he changes the game when he makes makes those big plays, it seems like the whole team is feeding on what number nine is doing. Yeah, I listen, Turpin is definitely a difference maker. I mean to be honest, a whole entire special teams to this point has been able to make difference making plays. But that is why you want to make sure you play to your defense because that also gives you an opportunity to get the ball in Turp's hands not on offense right forcing punts. That is a big time part of why Covante Turpin is on this team is to change the field position when we're able to make them punt. And when you have a great defense, you expect to get a lot of punt force a lot of punts.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he's definitely an X factor.
Speaker 3: I can see him making a big time play in the game for us, but I would like to see him a little bit more.
Speaker 2: I want to call him.
Speaker 3: Like Gadget plays, But Gadget plays.
Speaker 2: You picking, I'll tell you tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm allowed to pick Philings just because the way you came here to.
Speaker 2: Just to spike you. You go with your heart. You going with your heart.
Speaker 3: This is uh as we get closer and tomorrow, and I know you want to put a tasty cake on this. And the thing about it is, you know it's got to go both ways. It's gotta be something beneficial also on the other side.
Speaker 2: I mean, you want to tell a twenty other player, I'll take any bet you give me off the plane. He did say that. Yeah, So.
Speaker 3: In this matchup, guys, I mean, we we've talked about this offense all day. We we we talked about the defense. But there has to be a miscellaneous player. It doesn't matter offense defense, it is a miscellaneous player. That is, like, if this guy has a big game, we're gonna win this game. Who is that guy? Who is your Who is your miscellaneous guy?
Speaker 2: M I S C. Who is your guy? My guy is Aubrey the kicker.
Speaker 5: That's gonna be my If he out and he has a dominating day, which means he's going out there, he's making all the extra points, which means we're scoring some tubs. And if he's out there having a dominant day, that means the field goals are involved as well, which means this offense is ending each and every time they you know, they have the bather ending with some type of points, a kick, whatever, extra point, whatever the case may be. So if he's out there dominating, and I think it's gonna be a tighter game than like not the high scoring. I think it's gonna be tight in that regard, maybe a twenty seventeen something like that. If he's out there and he's getting points at a premium like that and you get you know, past the forty yard line, you know he's automatic. If he's able to do that, I mean that's a big time advantage for the Dallas cowboy.
Speaker 2: I'm going for big fire. Yeah, like, what just happened? What time is it? Two thirty three? No, remember to six. Listen.
Speaker 3: My first one was gonna be d Law, but I expect him already. You know what I'm saying. Yes, I gotta go, I gotta listen. If you are able to get an other weapon, all right, especially a weapon that can attack the middle of the field, because once you get somebody who can attack the middle of the field, it spreads the defense out right, then they have to focus on that part. It opens it up for the extra seve on the outside, which would be CD Lamb. It better be CD Lamb out there getting through three by one coverage so he can get the.
Speaker 2: Single or the z out there. Whatever.
Speaker 3: It spreads it out for you. So whoever that is, it's gonna be Cooks man. It'll open it up for Cooks. And it opened up for CD Lamb if somehow we can get Ferg in there working the middle of the field. And you see that with every team across the league. If they have a tight end, who can one create a mismatch with the linebackers and even on safeties and then work that middle of the field. It just opens up everything for the offense because now those zone droppers they have to really be able to say, you know what, they actually a throw the ball to that guy and then that'll open up the grab routse, behind the dig routes, the go rouse, all that type of stuff because the safety now has to pay attention to him. And I think if he's able to have a big game, my miscellaneous guy is Donovan Wilson Donald And the reason why is Donovan Wilson is going to be charged with stopping the run. He's got to play close to the line of scrimmage and he's also got to help against Dallas Goddard. I mean, that's a big responsibility. We cannot put all of that on Jerun Curse. And the thing that I say he's a miscellaneous player player in this game because we saw how he performed with Kittle. I mean, you look, hey, you talk about what did I see in the game that I went back to the I went back to the San Francisco game, and that was a rough outing for our safety.
Speaker 2: We're just saying it was. It was bad.
Speaker 3: And this is another situation where you come into a game where with a offensive coordinator, a head coach. That's going to test you with formation. It's definitely gonna test you with the tight end.
Speaker 2: They have too many. Who do you cover?
Speaker 3: So who do you see covering Goddard more out of Donald and Bell?
Speaker 5: I said, Dom From what I've said, they've been putting Bell on on these side. They've been they've been having them out there, and you know he's done. He's done a good job because we haven't seen him out so he must be doing eye in courage because we haven't even been like man who's out there getting shirt so but but God is a different animal. Man, that's that's a different beast.
Speaker 2: See, I got faith in playing and and Bell.
Speaker 3: He's only giving me reasons to believe in what he can do, especially since he's been getting better every game. Okay, And if they are going to put him on the tight end, then I gotta know, I gotta believe that they've seen something in him that says that's our best chance is stopping this stopping this guy, because God, it is a real, a real weapon out there, so you have to figure out what to do.
Speaker 2: I just don't know about Donald on and coverage.
Speaker 3: Now, He's just the thing that I see about Dallas gott Is, he's so patient, he understands defenses, and he's not one of those guys that's gonna, you know, get run full speed to the linebackers. He's gonna, you know, play it, play the block, chip, get around the back, and then just way on jaylen Hurst to find right in the middle of the defense. And for me, I wasn't thinking so much Marquise Bell And the reason why is because I've seen I haven't seen him so much a man the man I just made by having just noticed it. I've seen him play a little bit underneath with safety help over the top. On tight ends, that's the way to go. Don't don't leave fourteen by itself with Dallas Gotter the only person and I don't really trust him, but I'm going Jay run curse. If I just got to play man the man on a tight end, I gotta go, Jay run curse. In this situation that I saw on the injury report is nursing a toe injury that he showed up with that so that's another thing I don't need right now. But that's that's just my my my as far as my X factor, I'm seeing that, but I don't want to go away from what you said about the Marcus Lawrence. The Marcus Lawrence is a big He's a big piece this week because if you can get the best of Marcus Lawrence and we and I don't want to like put him into just a box of what he does, but I think he's your best run stopper up front. Oh absolutely, He's the most physical gal on your defense, like him and then Donald, But I think just.
Speaker 2: Play in and play out.
Speaker 3: De Marcus Lawrence is your most physical, dominating, intimidate, whatever you want to call it. He is that guy for our defense. So I mean, look, that's that's for me. He has to show up and my other guys gotta I mean, who are your other guys?
Speaker 5: You know, come on, dogs zuga gotta he gonna get hit, He gonna get it.
Speaker 2: It is start and it ends with number eleven.
Speaker 5: So he doesn't if he doesn't perform, if he doesn't have if he's not balling, this defense is gonna suffer.
Speaker 2: What I feel like, the defense feeds off of him.
Speaker 3: I feel like I think if they go in the field and you guys, come on, y'all tell me when you're playing with a world class dog and y'all going to y'all turn on the film, y'all looking at this dude like, did you.
Speaker 2: See what salt of you?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: You won't in on that. You won't in on that.
Speaker 3: And so to me, I feel like that's what this defense does. They feed off of what number eleven does. So if he come on the field and he's.
Speaker 2: Like, oh man, I don't know how this is.
Speaker 3: Gonna go, everybody else can feed on that. You know, Hey, don't shoot me for this. Okay, who's having who's having the best year? The best the player that's having the best year on our defense? All right, all right, I may.
Speaker 2: Take pick six? Is that the just steal it up? Because I mean, regardless if he threw the.
Speaker 3: Ball behind him or where it is, I mean, that's a guy that's catching the ball and he's taking it to the house. That's momentum changing. He's done that several times, but right now, I mean it's one A one B. Michaeh is the tone seenter. No, I know you, I know I wanted to say that because he's a tone setter. But I'm just looking at a guy like dron Bland knowing that A J. Brown is out there and the slim reapers out there, if he's able to make some big time players out there in this game. Talk about feeding off of off a guy as far as a man, Look look what that guy's doing. Man, that'd be a difference making for the office, defense and specialties because you gotta know that guy's in there are saying the same, Hey man, hey aj brown o beast man. We just got to figure out a way to make sure he don't go crazy on him. Just imagine that Deron Blank go out there and do some type of shutdown or you know, open the game off with an interception that is going to like really feed into the team of like, oh yeah, we here baby, And he has.
Speaker 5: An opportunity to do so because we looked at it as good as Hurts as looked at times this year, he's looked outstanding. He has turned the ball over ete interceptions far this season, second in the league, and then another three fumbles, So that's a that's eleven.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 5: So he's gonna have the opportunity to take the ball away. They gotta take advantage of it. Wow, you can't drop one. Don't give him but take it out there, take it out man. We're talking about feeding because that's the man. If we come back in here on money, it's gonna be some feeding up. And anyway, we're gonna take our.
Speaker 3: Last We're gonna take our last break and come back with the final segment of the Players Lounge.
Speaker 6: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now, Cowboys fans could get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy with ball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 4: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: And they snapper the pressout. Who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slapp. He'll look for a punch down.
Speaker 4: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 1: Prescott's gonna rub this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 4: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 4: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 7: To kick off the twenty twenty three NFL season, Hugo Boss teamed up with the NFL and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection featuring hoodies, cruse t shirts, polos, joggers, and more. The bowld unique apparel of the Boss NFL collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo Boss, at Hugo Boss dot com and at Boss retail stores hashtag be your own Boss.
Speaker 8: We got big personalities, we got big hair, big bell buckles. We got fans all across as big state and enemies and every other one. We even got a big star on the fifty yard line. Smirnov knows football is a wee thing and experience that is best enjoyed together with good drinks and good folks.
Speaker 2: Home we're away, we rally.
Speaker 8: Together, we cry together, and we always rally cry together because most of all we got big love for them boys. Smearenof we do game days. Please drink responsibly.
Speaker 2: To the players loud.
Speaker 3: Head to the Pro Shop at atn T Stadium in Arlington, Texas on Saturday, November the fourth for the final stop of the twenty twenty three Cowboys collection. On tours see rare team archive, customized head gear, Grab a gift with purchase and enter for a chance to win a giveaway. And here here we are for the final segment. As Danny Cray is got his head turned on this game, looking at his other boys make these mistakes down in the reds entertains tight thought. I can't cut you know that, you other boys and the other boys, your other boys. You know this this is documented. No, don't already, don't document allow me on these document Hey, you gonna find a tape. Okay, you will fire to take I said my boys. You didn't have to say it. Whoever, who do I argue with the most about the with you anyway? Over everything? And I'm just telling you the Philadelphia Eagles. We go back and forth about them more than anybody.
Speaker 2: It is your week. Don't try and change it.
Speaker 5: Dog.
Speaker 3: No last year, bro, he did he or did he not? Say the Eagles was trash? Did they go to super Bowl? That?
Speaker 2: I mean, what were talking about?
Speaker 3: So I was arguing with you saying that they're not training, they're not trying to be killed, they're not trying.
Speaker 2: They went to Super Bowl. We didn't. So I was right, you was wrong.
Speaker 3: Anyway, last second, all the players lounge been doing this all week, Philly week.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I can't wait to see what y'all gonna do. I can't wait to see what y'all gonna do. I think I know what you're gonna do. But you you you well you didn't turn into the mail on me this week. Now every since we didn't one on one, you done got more political over.
Speaker 2: He had.
Speaker 3: I don't really have when we did our picks before the season started, Okay, I know for a fact I picked us to lose to Philly, uh in the first game, maybe the second one too, So I just I don't know I had them. I think you got a split. I have was going twelve and five. I think we got swept out of Eagles. I thought you was at thirteeny four. No, I said we was gonna let the last game go because we was gonna already be have our spot locked up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So tonight with Thursday Night Football, it's gonna be all eyes on this game tonight, all eyes going on everybody watching Prime tonight. You got the tend to see Titans versus your other boys.
Speaker 2: It's your hometown, your time, man, a bird.
Speaker 3: I know you got a terrible town around somewhere, somebody somewhere church, some church, some church, some church family member got they got.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's all around. It's all around. I don't even let them in my house though. Ones that house, my pop's the only ones that ain't like Man. Now, everybody.
Speaker 3: All right, Church for you, hey, church Church has been in Texas so long. Somebody start asking where you're from, he'd be like, yeah, out there in south from up the way, from up the way, around you, block down the street, take away anywhere.
Speaker 5: Texts ain't I can't turn the back of the bird, but take the street the wild.
Speaker 2: So who y'all got, Man, I'm gonna stuck with you.
Speaker 3: Who you got, I'm going Pittsburgh because that you know, when you play a team like this where Tennessee, we don't know DeAndre Hopkins had the four catches he spoiled, you know, on the scene last whatever. But Pittsburgh, I don't know. They be fine and waste to win. Man, they make the games ugly, and the ugly game is the best game for them. So I'm going with Pittsburgh. They did lose last week, so they didn't get back.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying, they let you down.
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, after the win versus the Rams, then they come back and they pull that first was it?
Speaker 2: Dubal put it on. Jacksonville was a good team.
Speaker 3: The good team, not that they later, like every team around the league is later, you know at this point. But they later against the JB. But I mean against who did Jvill lose to? Because they five and two?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was some something ugly and I was like, oh, man Houston or something. I think, oh yeah, what's your score? Twenty seven to seventeen, ten points?
Speaker 5: I think the defense is gonna score for Pittsburgh. Give me Pittsburgh in this one, this one twenty four fourteen.
Speaker 3: My wife just think you don't do that my wife.
Speaker 2: I can't believe it.
Speaker 3: What Look, we'll split household in the Pittsburgh Stealers man whisper because y'all know my uncle joke, damn throwing up man. My my daughter, I don't know what's going on with her.
Speaker 2: Her other boys is the Stealers.
Speaker 3: So so I do have a terrible talent in my house. I call you right now, Jersey. He don't lie that calling out. I sit up here trying to do a whole podcast, and she's gonna hit me. Doing ain't trying to throw it on me. I'm so glad somebody's holding what co work?
Speaker 2: So what's your what's your school is?
Speaker 3: Four fourteen twenty four fourteen. I'm gonna go with them again. Man, they disappoint me. Boy, this is it though. I'm with it like Atlanta. I got out there Atlanta Bandwagon. But it's boy, Pittsburgh, y'all do this to me again. I'm done with y'all. So I'm going Stealers twenty one. I'm going twenty one, twenty one, twenty one, thirteen, twenty one, thirteen, twenty one, thirteen. But hey, that has been real, Yeah, I mean plenty insight putting the extras and os and schemes. I just want to know tomorrow. Can we start the segment. Can we start the show tomorrow with your picks? That's how you want to do it. I didn't want to start. I just want to know who you're with. I need to hear a little bit more. I got it, I got a little I got married a little bit. Who I gotta hear a little bit more. I gotta see by injuries, practice in practice. I need to see it say it matters who you're with. I'm already on the side. I need to see if I'm switching sides, okay, because I told you I picked Philly to win at the beginning of the seasons. I need to see if I'm switching my pick or not. So you already know what side I'm on today. It's out on me on tomorrow, y'all. Make sure y'all tune in tomorrow two o'clock to see this back and forth on the fence that my mad d Maggan BC doing.
Speaker 2: We'll be back from my playlouds after they see it too.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.