Speaker 1: Best Bits of the Week with Morgan Listener Q and a.
Speaker 2: We are Here Listener Q and Nytime.
Speaker 3: Thanks for being here, Eddie, Yeah, thanks for having me Morgan.
Speaker 2: This id like to start with compliments. It kind of just like helps get a good vibe. So Kkat says Eddie is my favorite show member to.
Speaker 3: Come on mess Okay, Cat.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's her name, that's just your username on Instagram.
Speaker 4: Her name could be Kathy, Kaylee, could be Kaylee different things.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Leah from Pennsylvania says, yay for believing in love. Hope this uniform guy is finally a good catch for you. Say that to both of us. You believe in love?
Speaker 4: These guys are crazy, Like, how are you going to find love if you just keep thinking someone's like a serial killer or like living.
Speaker 3: A double life?
Speaker 2: Right? I was like, if I believed every stereotype, I would be single the rest of my right.
Speaker 3: Man, what are we doing here?
Speaker 2: Believe a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yes, you gotta believe a little bit and now keep an eye out on that stuff.
Speaker 2: But you can't just like go open right. Erica says, how are you so happy all the time? Bottle it and send some to me.
Speaker 4: Ah, I'm not happy all the time, but I'll bottle whatever I have.
Speaker 3: And send it to you.
Speaker 2: We didn't know. I think you may need that after listening to part one.
Speaker 3: You're right, You're right.
Speaker 2: If you didn't listen to part one, go listen because Eddie shared his real life, his real emotions. Yeah, it was really good, Susie says, no question, just I enjoy you so much on the show, my favorite.
Speaker 3: Oh thanks, Susie. Awesome.
Speaker 2: So give you some good energy to go on to thank you. All right, we're going for it. Sam from South Texas, Why do you not talk about your wife on the show much?
Speaker 4: That's easy. Yeah, she doesn't want me to talk about her on the show much. My wife's a very private person, and you know she from the very beginning, like we I guess it's it's different for different people on the show, right, So, Like if I would have met my wife while I was on the show, I think she would have been like, you know what, that's your job, Like this is all I've known of you, so do what you do. But my wife and I we met long time ago, like a long long time ago. We got married a long time ago, and so getting on the show and talking on the show and sharing my life was something new to me, new to her, and we kind of did it together. And from the very beginning, she's just like, yeah, don't talk about.
Speaker 3: Me on the radio.
Speaker 2: Was there a segment that happened, Like, I think.
Speaker 4: There was one in particular. I remember there is one thing that happened when she kind of drew the line with my family being talked about on the radio, and that was Lunchbox.
Speaker 3: Of course it always does.
Speaker 4: We had like we had all gone to dinner or something and my son, my oldest son, now, he was gosh, I don't know, he's probably five at the time, yeah, and five or six, I don't know, and he was running around like while people were eating, and he would jump on people's laps and like it just this is kind of the way he was. And Lunchbox got on the radio the next day being like like and his wife are just terrible parents. Like we were trying to eat and he kind of bothered everyone and like, you know, like it's the last time we're gonna eat. And so she heard it and she was just like, he didn't say that while he was there, Like why is he acting like that now? And like, don't ever talk about our son like that, and she got so upset, and so I said, all right, well, like what do you want me to do. She's like, I don't want you to talk about our kids or me or any our stuff on the radio. And that was very early on, and I was like, okay, okay, that deal.
Speaker 3: Deal.
Speaker 4: But as you know, we talk a lot, yeah about our lives in the radio, and so slowly I would kind of run things by her and be like, I want to.
Speaker 3: Talk about this. Can I talk about that?
Speaker 4: And she'd be like, okay, you can talk about that, but don't mention this.
Speaker 2: Yeah. She had an editing level to that correct.
Speaker 4: And it took me about a good solid two years to get it down to where we both understood what I can talk about what I couldn't talk about.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a lot of learning, yes, because things happen you're not it could happen for the first time. You're like, I don't know if this feels okay to me, maybe not okay to her.
Speaker 4: And it's funny too because even in person, like if we're out somewhere and somebody recognizes me and comes up to me, I'll say hi to them, and I look back and my wife's gone. She's like the iris it like it's unbelievable. And so I'll always be like, all right, good meeting you guys. And then I'm like, where's my wife. Now, I gotta go find my wife.
Speaker 2: Like good on her though, figuring out how to dip out of it.
Speaker 3: She's so good at it. She's so good at it.
Speaker 2: She's like a mini Sherlock. Home it's like goodbye.
Speaker 3: So there's your answer.
Speaker 2: No, that's good. I don't think I even knew like that part of the story. DeBie wants to know how all the kids are getting along as they're getting older.
Speaker 4: Oh, man, like they're they're brothers. Like they get along like brothers. They fight and they have fun. They're goofy, and they kind of mess with us as a team as a group. All the stuff that just you know, they're they're awesome. And what I love about it is like especially the two men ones, my two middle boys, they're like just every minute of the day there together. When we pick them by school, there together, when we drop mob at school, they get out.
Speaker 3: Out of the car together.
Speaker 4: If they're at home and they start fighting, we have to separate them and as soon as like five minutes go by, they're back together again.
Speaker 3: It's really been best friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And what's cool is like I can't wait to see like them as adults. I feel like they're gonna be like you and your sister, you know.
Speaker 3: Where like like just talk to each other all the time, all the time.
Speaker 4: They know everything that's going on. I think even when they get married, they'll probably be like, yeah, hey.
Speaker 3: Man, like what you do with your wife and this.
Speaker 2: They're close in age, so that helps a lot. They're not in the same age, so right, there's.
Speaker 3: Another one year apart.
Speaker 2: Okay, they're really close. Yeah, so they'll go to school together for the rest of their life.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So they're doing really, really well. And there is definitely the gap between you know, the older son and the baby, Yeah, obviously because the baby's five and my older one sixteen. So there's the gap there. But and props to my oldest son too, Like he doesn't just get home and go to his room. We're like go hang out with friends. If he's around, he's around, and he talks to the boy. Yeah, he's involved. He talks to the boys, jokes to the boys, do you guys all.
Speaker 2: Go as a family to like all the basketball games and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sometimes sometimes it we'll do like a game together and then either I'll leave with one of the boys and then maybe come back later in the day, or my wife will leave with two of the boys or one of the boys.
Speaker 3: It kind of works better that way, yeah, because you're not all worn out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I mean when we walk into a place, it looks like a rock band's coming in. Like there's a group of six people.
Speaker 2: You guys need to get a little bus to drive around.
Speaker 4: Yes, there is a family that I know and that plays a lot of sports too, and like I think they have six kids.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and they drive a sprinter van.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's hilarious because they pull up and that door slides open and all these kids pour out of it and it's hilarious.
Speaker 2: That's how it was with our family. We had a blue bus that had like it wasn't like a sprinter van now, the old school, so they had like the TVs and stuff in it. All four of us girls would be back there. We'd be going to volleyball term and I mean everything we'd be try like tracking along in it.
Speaker 3: I get it was your car just completely messy.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't remember that car, but I imagine that we made it.
Speaker 3: Like my kids, like they just mess our cars up.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, like you can't have nice cars.
Speaker 3: The other day, I try to roll my window down and it was.
Speaker 4: All like like what's happening in the back window And there was like a jolly rancher stuck between the window and the door, and I'm just like, what is happening.
Speaker 2: This is why my dad to this day still yells. I mean he's like take your trash when you leave. Still as a thirty year old when I ride, like.
Speaker 4: Ask my kids next time you see him, asking him, Like, hey, does dad say anything when you park the car?
Speaker 3: When he parks the car when you get home? Every time, it's like take what's yours out of the car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was funny. We were just talking about that when I was home for my sister's bridal shower. It was like, it's so funny. Get mad at the kids now, Like we talked about my decent nephew and like your kids and you get mad at them for doing stuff. You're like I did that though, Like I was doing that. I was leaving the lights on, I was trash and everything. I didn't have care in the world.
Speaker 4: And I hate it when other parents are just like, hey, let them be their kids, Like no, you can't just let them be, like we're teaching them how to grow to be adults.
Speaker 3: Oh, and you don't leave trash in your car Like yeah, but that's my car.
Speaker 2: It's different because you also know that you're gonna take the trash out at some point. Correct, they're never going they're gonna leave it forget about it first.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine if like they went to like, say your house, like or they hung out with you, right like Morgan, you pick them up, You're gonna take them to a movie, and they just like leave all their wrappers in your car, like you would think, like any what are you.
Speaker 3: Doing, like teach your kids how to like pick up their trash.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really more about them being somewhere else.
Speaker 3: Just with you.
Speaker 2: I totally get it. All right, We're gonna take a break. We'll be right back. We've got Connie from New Mexico. She wants to know if you feel like you're getting mean like Lunchbox.
Speaker 3: No, not mean.
Speaker 4: I think the album where I get sucked into is when lunchbox. Like, I'm always trying to like egg on lunchbox because I think it's funny. I think it's funny when he's like mean and then everyone makes fun of him for being mean, and so I like to kind of egg him on so that he can be more mean, you know.
Speaker 2: But the problem vicious cycle, it really is, and.
Speaker 4: I think it's gotten to the point where like we need to chill. But what's funny to me is that when I, like, I get sucked into his meanness because like, I would never just make fun of him, but I like making fun of him to get his reaction.
Speaker 2: React.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's almost like it's almost like when there's like a chihuahua, you know that's like and then you're just like, oh, that's so funny.
Speaker 2: Have some weird experiences, but yeah, growing up, And I'm just saying, like, you have some weird experiences.
Speaker 4: I think I have trauma with you always because like my dad, so we had a chew all growing up. Side note, we had chew all growing up, and my dad loved that Chewawa. And I think my dad loved that chew more than he loved us any of us, probably right, And and like the whole family hated that, you all because he was just like, hey, don't mess with her, Like, hey, don't, guys, you're making her mad. And just like so we would like just kind of she would sit on the top of the couch like the very like right.
Speaker 2: You would traumatize this and and.
Speaker 4: She hated to be touched. And every time we would walk by, you touch and she got and.
Speaker 2: You deserve that.
Speaker 4: She didn't want to be so every time we walk by, we would give a little tickle and she'd snap at us or whatever.
Speaker 3: And that's almost like lunchbox, like I love doing a little tickle when.
Speaker 2: I pushing the button.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it's so easy. It is easy to it's so easy.
Speaker 4: So but then the problem is you get sucked into his kind of net and then you're.
Speaker 2: Mean and then you're feeding off energy in that room. I know that room is really small. You feed off whatever energy is right, and this is strong. It is a real strong, okay, but not worried about.
Speaker 3: Worried about it.
Speaker 4: But you know what, though, it is true because like this past week, like there was all this like talk about oh Eddie's being mean to Abby, and it's like I felt a little bit of what Lunchbox goes through, because I'm like, I wasn't being mean. I was being helpful and honest, and I'm not Lunchbox honest or like you suck you can't sing. No, it's just like Abby, You're just standing there, like, if you're gonna do a showcase for a record label, which whatever wasn't true. If you're gonna do this, you gotta stir it up. You gotta like, you know, like really sing, you gotta entertain.
Speaker 2: And you were trying to provide constructive feedback correct.
Speaker 4: And then of course they said she was nasal, and so I just jumped on that and made the joke like, well maybe she covers everyone Nelson's you.
Speaker 2: Do like having little quips a thing.
Speaker 3: It's just a little joke. It's not mean. It's just funny.
Speaker 2: Hey, whatever makes sleep at night.
Speaker 3: Hey do I sound like a little too defensive little but.
Speaker 2: It was funny. I was just telling Lunchbox the other day. I was like, man, you just really I hate the same. I wish there was like another way to say it. I was like, man, you just love to beat a dead horse.
Speaker 3: Like you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you don't know when to pull back. I'm like, it's totally cool to your opinion. You just got to pull that back after you've stated.
Speaker 4: I think that me, Lunchbox and Bobby are in the same, are the same where we like to if you react, we like to keep pushing.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you do. You're like, we're like, how many more buttons can we make? Light up?
Speaker 3: But but your job is to not react. Your job.
Speaker 4: If you are the other side of this, and I'm telling you this is how you stop it. You just say like okay and then just stop it and that's it and there's nothing we can do to that. You can just be like, all right, whatever, and we have to stop. We can't keep going because it's no longer funny. But if you start getting defensive and you're just like, no, Lunchbox that he's gonna keep going and he's gonna keep going and it.
Speaker 3: Will not end.
Speaker 2: No, You're totally right. And most of the time I can do that, I'll just laugh it off. I'm like whatever, But sometimes when it keeps coming, like multiple days in a or something, I'm like, okay, okay, this is building up and I'm about to lose it on you. And he knows it. He'll see me. Sometimes he'll be like, hey, I'm like not today. He's like okay, and we just keep moving and I'm like I have my limit and my mom is pretty high, like I have a pretty high tolerance for things. But I hit a point and I'm like, nope, we're not doing this today. Like sometimes I'll make some quick like first thing when I walk it, I'm like, no, not right now.
Speaker 3: And he's like god it, yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: But that's the only time he ever backs off, because every other time he does and that's only off when we're like in the hallway. Okay. Lauren from Virginia wants to know what do you care about most? Whoa very broad but.
Speaker 3: What do I care about most?
Speaker 2: Man? The Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: I mean, no, I do love my Dallas Cowboys, but I can't care. It's almost like it's that it's that, you know, if you had a relationship with someone that all I do is just let you down all the time. You're like, you still love them, but.
Speaker 2: You're like you're in a toxic relationship with the Dallas.
Speaker 4: Would I would? I'd say that's accurate. It's like it's like when you not maybe not your boyfriend, not your wife, not your husband, not that, but more of like your brother where or your sister where, Like you try to get a hold of them, you try to make plans to go to dinner, and they just never show up or they don't want to or whatever. And you're just like, you're still my brother. I love you, You're still my sister. I love you, But like I'm giving up on inviting you places. It's like that got it, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: That's where you're at right now.
Speaker 3: I love my Cowboys.
Speaker 4: I love them, and every year I do think it's our year, and I do, you know, think we're going to go to Super Bowl. But I can't go all in until we start winning games. Now I'm not not to say that mid season. If we're like winning seven games in a row, I'm back to We're like, oh my gosh, I love you, You're my best friend. You want to go to dinner again, you want to go to dinner. Let's go to dinner. I'll pay this time. But then when they like lose in the playoff game, You're just like, see, this is why, this is why we don't go to dinner.
Speaker 2: That's a toxic, really timultuous relationship, So what do I care about?
Speaker 4: No, it's not the Dallas Cowboys. I think just my family. Like really, when it comes down to it, like I love other things, and I love other people, and I love all this, but like I do everything.
Speaker 2: For my family, you know, like good old family man like that.
Speaker 4: Like that's when when it comes down to it, that's it. What's what's beneficial to my family? Like is is this good for my family? Like if I go do this, like if I go to dinner with my friends on a Friday night, or to I take my kids to practice, like you know, it's like that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I just say, this is why you're saying that, like when people become parents, they disappear.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's exactly why.
Speaker 4: But true, true story because like even like me and some of my really good friends, like I don't talk to a lot of my really good friends because like we're just busy with our family. I saw one dad a couple of days ago that I used to talk to all the time, and I'm like, dude, how you been.
Speaker 3: He's like, oh man, I'm busy, Like how how are you guys? They're like, yeah, busy. We kind of looked at each other and it was like that whole like I understand.
Speaker 2: Well, this is also why I feel like it's important to have friends in your phase of life. Yes, like you can have all different kinds, but it's very important to have friends that understand the position in your life. You're totally so like you're not mad at each.
Speaker 4: Other, then you're no, no, we looked at each other and we're just like I get it, Like I get it.
Speaker 3: I miss you too good to see you.
Speaker 2: Also, we're going to get back to this crazy life right right, all right, Christina, I almost say Kristen Christina in Virginia wants to know your favorite too much access shoot so.
Speaker 3: Far ooh that's a good one. Gosh, we had some really really good fun ones.
Speaker 2: I'm biased, I have one, but I'm biased of course.
Speaker 3: That was really cool. I loved Kansas State.
Speaker 4: Kansas State was the first school that we went to where we felt like really welcomed, not to say that, and no one really like they didn't treat us well. Kansas State was like this place is yours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's just how Kansas people are.
Speaker 4: You want to go on the field, that's your field. You want to go in the press box. That's your press box. You want to go to the locker room, you want to lift weights, let's do it. Yeah, And that was really cool. I'm like, wow. The head coach, he's like, I think it was his birthday. And I made the joke of like, were you going to chili to night?
Speaker 3: Like what are you gonna do?
Speaker 4: You're going to like dinner with your family? He's like, yeah, we might go do dinner. And he literally was like what do you are you guys in town? Are you guys spend the night? Like do you want to come?
Speaker 3: And are like no, we gotta leave. We can't go to dinner with you.
Speaker 2: Tracks. That's just Kansas, Like Ks are just good people.
Speaker 4: That was really cool. But I have to say that my favorite. Gosh, there's so many, there's so so many, And we have a whole series coming out that's cool called Legends.
Speaker 3: I don't even know what we've talked about this and I might get.
Speaker 4: In trouble for this, but where we've talked to athletes that aren't playing anymore and they're like legends in the sport and we've gone to their houses and it's.
Speaker 3: Really freaking cool.
Speaker 2: Oh, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: You go to their house and you're like, Wow, you made a lot of money.
Speaker 2: That's what you're thinking.
Speaker 3: Wow, you have a lot of cool stuff. No, because like we went to wine, I'm just giving your art time.
Speaker 4: We went to one in Oklahoma where it was like, this is what if I had a lot of money, m m, this is what.
Speaker 3: I would build.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like the look at kind of post athlete life.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that are like they can't play sports anymore, so what do they do? They build a sports complex in their house, like on their property. So like that's cool. But I would say Arkansas, I'm gonna go to Arkansas because when we went to Arkansas basketball, it was the first time that we got to sit through a real practice and it was full fledged practice, a full practice, and we didn't play. We didn't we weren't goofy, we didn't dress up like, we were't cameras rolling. We just sat and watched them practice practice, like and it was really unbelievable just to see kind of the drills that they do, how they prepare for a game, how the roles of the different coaches have. Like you know, he would come out and be like, all right, coach so and so, tell him about the uh just for example, they weren't playing Kansas. Tell tell tell them about kansastateen can't stay at offense. Here we go and he gets a big marker. But we got the number five here, and number five likes to do this. The number four does this all the time. He's they're the number three shooting, three shooting in the in the country. They like to drive the ball, bah whatever, and like it was just these guys no basketball, way different than we do.
Speaker 3: But they just.
Speaker 2: Really too much access.
Speaker 3: It was really too much access to where we didn't understand what they were saying.
Speaker 2: What is happening?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Like I coached my kids basketball team and I thought I kind of need basketball and that I don't know, crap.
Speaker 3: These guys know basketball.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, you know they're trying to make it pro too. You know. They got about their life.
Speaker 3: That's their life, so that makes sense. Auburn was really cool. We've done a lot of really cool ones.
Speaker 2: You're only allowed to have one.
Speaker 4: You're right, I'm sorry, just one Arkansas because we sat in their practice.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll be right back. We got two more questions, all right, So we've got to their kind of advice ideas things. So Christina, I think this one is geared towards and the next one is definitely curus towards you because I can help about one. Christina is planning a thirtieth birthday for someone who wants to party but also wants.
Speaker 3: To relax and have that you let's go.
Speaker 2: Yes, But like, if you think of anything while I'm talking about these, I don't know, well, you still war thirty times of change. Oh my goodness. Now like before you can yelled at when I called you guys dad or like dad jokes, and now you're like, yeah, that's me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're right. All I tell is dad jokes.
Speaker 2: If I'm not, you finally accepted everything. It only took like five years, that's right. I think there's a few things that come to mind. You need to go somewhere that you can do some fun hiking or lay by a pool, and then also have this kind of environment where there's things to do and the things. Yeah, definitely do a trip for your thirtieth if you can, because I think the thirtieth is such a big year, and we put so much focus on when people get married and they have babies, and those are the times we celebrate. You should celebrate really big milestones in your life, and thirty is a huge milestone. And it's also one that, like a lot of stuff is about to change. And so if you can do even a little road trip doesn't have to be like I'm flying away forever, but a little road trip would also be cool. And maybe there's something I'm not sure where you guys are at, but maybe there's somewhere like that near you all that you could do for a road trip. But some places that come to mind for me are like a Sedona, Arizona, nice really cool hiking. They have some really cool stuff to.
Speaker 3: Go out to, those of the canyon side.
Speaker 2: I was in Sedonia at one point, but we never that was in Utah a little bit further. There's not a lot of partying in Utah. So that's why I wanted to suggest that one Jackson Hole is another one. I would suggest they have some insane mountain hike.
Speaker 4: School Jackson Haw, Wyoming. Yeah, and how's that nightlife you want to party live?
Speaker 2: Oh, there's some clubs there, not clubs, I should say clubs. That's different than a bar. There's bars that are really cool, Like there's a cowboy bar there that's awesome, and there's some going out in that small kind of area. And then another one that comes to that I thought of, Now, this is taking it in a kind of different direction. You don't really have hiking, but if you want to like lay out by the pool and spend some time, you could do my own why Oh okay, well, oh.
Speaker 3: Dude, Hawaii is I mean, Hawaii, Miami is corrazy.
Speaker 2: That's party and if you want to party, you have that. But you can still lay out and kind of hang out by the pool and still have a little bit relaxing kind of Miami vice, but not the beach.
Speaker 4: Because the beach is closed early in Miami. Do they really Yeah, I mean they don't close, but it's kind of just like they die out real early.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: See, then you can go to the beach during the day.
Speaker 3: Sure, and then you go and party. Yeah, partied up man. And there are some clubs in Miami right.
Speaker 2: Like, so that's that's kind of on the extreme version. If you really want clubs, if you just want to go out and have a good time, I think Sedona or Jackson Hole could work for that. And I'm trying to think. Denver's also really awesome. Okay, Denver's a great place that you have everything. You have mountains, you can go an hour out and you can go and do whatever. Denver has a great night life, so much to do, lots of places to eat where you can kind of do one or the other or both. Those are few places, Okay, anything that comes to mind. Yeah, you did say Hawaii, but I feel like that's like a.
Speaker 4: Go to forty now, I mean at thirty. Yeah, big year for sure, right, But like I don't. I mean, I like all those places. I've never been to any of the places you said though.
Speaker 2: You've never been to any of those?
Speaker 3: No, the only one on Miami. I've been in Miami, but that's the.
Speaker 2: Only one I haven't been to. Okay, but I've heard a lot about it from people.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been in Miami a few times, but I mean, Jackson Hole, never been there.
Speaker 3: Sedona heard about it.
Speaker 2: I mean, you would love it.
Speaker 4: I bet I'd love it. It seems like it's really really cool Denver. I've been to Denver, but I didn't party there. I just kind of we played a show there. Oh yeah, that's it.
Speaker 2: You got those four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, Denver's cool.
Speaker 4: Denver's cool, but like, I didn't have that experience there, so I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, Denver's Denver's like the og of hiking and going out. Okay, at least I feel like that's probably because I grew up in Kansas. Right now, So there, Okay, this one is for you. Miss Sandy needs some advice, and I'm going to make sure I get this all right, because it came in like twenty different questions.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: She has an eighteen year old stepson who lives full time with them, apparently, and I'm reading this from her perspective. He thinks since he just turned eighteen, he can do whatever he wants, and now he would like to live with his mom. However, mom's house is a bit chaotic and there's not a lot of rules, and he has a full ride scholarship, and our listener, Miss Sandy, is worried about him messing it up. Yeah, what can she do to help him in this phase of his life?
Speaker 3: Yeah, gosh, that's tough because he's eighteen, right.
Speaker 4: Yeah, A lot to break down here, A lot to break down here, Miss Sandy. I wonder you read it so I wonder what would you think, so step son, you think she so it's her.
Speaker 3: Husband's yes, son.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's just.
Speaker 4: So hard because like as a step parent, I don't know how much you can actually tell uh stepson anything much less than eighteen year old step son, because like eighteen years old, it's kind of just like all right, that's the Miles Stone age where you're like, you can't tell me.
Speaker 3: What to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it is technically like they are full blown they're an adult adult, you know.
Speaker 4: And I think that if there is financial control, if there is like a home, you know, like that he lives there and you've supported him, and he lives at your house, like you have that control. But if he's just going to leave and go to his mom's house, you have no control. I think you sit him down. This is my advice. Understand that you don't have control here. Like there's nothing really you can do other than just gain his trust and his ear to listen. It's for him to listen to you. And because you're right, you're only thinking of the best thing about him, like the best thing for him, which is to go to school. But in his mom's house, unfortunately, is chaotic and is going to kind of give him the opposite of what you want for him, which is the best thing for him. But you can sit down with him, and you can get his trust by sitting down with him and say, hey, look, i'm looking I'm looking for your best interest here, Like I'm looking out for you. This isn't because I want you to hang out here. I want what's best for you. And what's best for you is to go to college. Is I love your mom. Your mom's great, Like, but let's be real, it's chaotic over there. It's not the best environment for you to grow over there. And plus, like I would make ooh, I got a good idea. I would make the house a really cool, cool, cool place for him.
Speaker 3: Like what do you want? What do you want? You want?
Speaker 4: You want your buds to come, like play video games and like hang out and like have a party here at the house, like whatever, bring your friends here, Like you can hang out here. We can be fun here too. But I want you to be responsible because it's best for you. I think the conversation is probably best. But like to think that you have control. You have no control of an eighteen year old son, much less a step son.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why do you think I have nothing. I'm not a parent, so I'm not even going to try and provide.
Speaker 3: Advice so hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think you have I think what you said is really good.
Speaker 4: And Miss Sandy, here's the deal too, Like you care for him, which is an that's a big deal. Like I think most stepparents are just like, you know what, he's difficult, he's impossible, he's really not my son. I think that's the stance that a lot of stepparents take sometimes after like when they're having hard times with their step kids. Not you, Miss Sandy, Like you can really make a difference in his life. So keep going, like keep trying to talk and talk it into him and create a really fun environment too where maybe he does want to hang out at your house more than his mom's house.
Speaker 2: I think that's great advice.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: You nailed it.
Speaker 3: Oh man, that's a tough one.
Speaker 2: This is why you're called Eddie the dad.
Speaker 3: Edie the dad.
Speaker 4: Somebody came out to me the to day and they just like got right in front of my face said Eddie daddy.
Speaker 3: You know, like, oh hey, how are you nice to be nice to meet?
Speaker 2: You? Got it?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: Anie, thinks for being on, providing some advice, getting vulnerable.
Speaker 3: All of it. Thanks Morgan. It's always so much fun. I love it.
Speaker 2: I know it takes a little bit time out your day from being your own. We're good. I love having you here.
Speaker 3: Happy Easter too, by the way, Happy Easter.
Speaker 2: I hope you uh you really great at hiding your eggs.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, what you want me to do is hide those golden eggs for you.
Speaker 2: I would really like to, But it's okay. It's okay. You've got a lot going. It's okay, like maybe one year when you're doing a little bit more adult so I'll come join.
Speaker 3: And you do live on the other side of town.
Speaker 2: I do me. I'll live far away. It's okay. I'll just be binge watching movie, all right. Eddie, tell the people where they can find you.
Speaker 4: You can find me at Producer Eddie. We do twenty five Whistles podcasts. You can find me on YouTube with too much access with Bobby Bones, I mean the raging idiots on tour.
Speaker 3: You can find me wherever. I'm everywhere, all.
Speaker 2: Right, look at you everywhere, man, You are everywhere, And you guys can follow the show at Bobby Bone Show and myself at web Girl Morgan. All right, have a good weekend.
Speaker 1: Everybody Again, Bye Eddie. That's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go Follow the Show and All Social Plays Bobby.
Speaker 3: Bom Show and follow at web
Speaker 1: Girl Morgan to submit your listener questions for next week's episode.