Speaker 1: First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at Advocateslaw dot com.
Speaker 2: Taylor is on the show today for a first date follow up, and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Jake. So in a few minutes we'll call him and see if he'll tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her another date. But first, Taylor, how long has it been since you talked to Jake?
Speaker 3: Hi, it's been six days.
Speaker 2: That's terrible, almost a week.
Speaker 3: It felt like forever though, Like I'm like freaking out. I've been freaking out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's the worst feeling. How many times have you tried to reach out to him?
Speaker 3: I haven't, like reached out to him. I'm just waiting to hear back.
Speaker 2: Did he tell you that he was going to hit you up after the date?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had, We had planned for a whole date and everything. Oh but then after the date, our first date, you know, it's been radio silence.
Speaker 2: Okay, stupid.
Speaker 3: It makes me feel so stupid.
Speaker 2: No, not stupid. Yeah, that's not your fault that you know. Unfortunately it happens. But we can figure out why we.
Speaker 3: Well, so we actually met at a mutual friend's birthday party, and just from that, like that wasn't our first date, but that whole night, I mean I spent the entire night talking to him. I barely even said happy birthday to my friend, but we were just in the kitchen like making stupid jokes and that kind of led to us talking the entire night, and I just had a really great time since then, and I haven't really felt that in a long time. And so we we planned a date and then we got Ramen and we walked around the park and it was like exactly like the moment that we met. It was just like just I don't know, sparks, I guess I know it sounds so. I mean we were just laughing, is the thing.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's like I felt like immediately I could be so silly and stupid with him, and everything felt very comfortable and natural right from the start. I don't know, It's like, I mean, he's just really I mean, he's also very cute, so like that doesn't hurt, you know, but it's not even about like looks or anything. It was just this feeling of comfort and being silly and I'm such a silly, stupid person. And I love being silly and stupid. And I feel like so often when I'm talking to guys, it's like they're I don't know, they're expecting me to be a certain way. And I didn't feel like that with Jake at all. And he's very funny too, and I was the one that makes me laugh and I'm just I was laughing so much. I was just laughing whole time. I mean, by the end of the first date, we already have so many inside jokes. And you know when you find that and just like I don't get.
Speaker 4: That often, No, totally, But what do you think could have gone wrong?
Speaker 3: Okay? So I do think it is my fault actually, and I feel like it's the I mean, I'm a clumsy person, but this is like the worst thing that I've ever done. I think it's very embarrassing. So you know that, you know, when you like check in with your best friend in the middle of the day and you just give him like the you know, the text, it's like, okay, uh, we're your vibes are good or whatever whatever. So so actually, I uh, I did send that text to him instead of let me just read it to you. Okay, So he said, I said, he's cute, but if he says vibes on ironically one more time, I might combust a joke. It was kind of a joke because it was actually I was going to tell her later that that was actually like an inside joke between like me and Jake that we were because we were talking like we were being like bros and I don't know, we were just pretending to be bros and doing all this stuff, and so it was kind of a funny thing to me that I was just going to tell her about later. And then, uh, yeah, I sent that to him, and then reading it back, I'm like, oh, that actually sounds like I actually am making a dig at him or something, and that's not all what it was. Oh my god. But yeah, so I sent that to him.
Speaker 2: What did he say when he got it? Like did he call you out? Like did you just say a message?
Speaker 3: Or I didn't know he didn't see it because like I spent it while we were still on a date, and so I mean, he's such a sweethart, like he didn't even look at his phone the entire date, so he didn't even see it until after we had already parted ways. And I don't know like to date, I did so well, we kissed and we yeah, we made that plan to meet again. And then after after the date, that's when I saw that I had Oh, i'd.
Speaker 2: Be freaking how too. Well, oh no, we'll see if that is the reason. We'll play a song come back and then call him and see if I'll tell us why he's ghosting you and maybe get you a second date.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you guy?
Speaker 2: All right? Your first day follow up is.
Speaker 1: Next First Date follow Up powered by the Advocates Injury Attorneys online at advocatesla dot com.
Speaker 2: Right in the middle of your first Day follow Up and if you're just joining us, Taylor is on the phone and she's getting ghosted by a guy named Jake. So we're about to call him and see if I tell us why he's ghosting her and maybe get her a second date. But first, Taylor, why don't you recap your situation for us real quick?
Speaker 3: Okay? Yeah, Well, six days ago, I went on a date with a really cute guy that I really like a lot, and he made me laugh so much, which never happens. But during the date, I had sent a text that I meant to send to my best friend. I accidentally sent that to him, and the text may have seemed like a dig at him, and it was supposed to be a joke and he wasn't ever supposed to see it. I think that he's going to have taken it.
Speaker 2: I feel that secondhand anxiety for you. Yeah, well I know, we'll see if that is the reason. Are you ready for us to call him?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: All right, here we go. Hello, Hi, masspeak to Jake. Please yay.
Speaker 6: This is Jake.
Speaker 2: Jake. Hey, how you doing? This is the Jubil Show. It's a radio show. What's up, Jake? My name is Nina. Hi, I'm Victoria. I'm Jubil.
Speaker 3: How are you good? Good?
Speaker 5: How are you good?
Speaker 2: Do you listen to the show?
Speaker 5: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't listen.
Speaker 3: Not actively.
Speaker 2: All right, well, no worries. The reason we're calling you today is because of a segment that we do do on the show. Sorry about that. You should really listen because that's that's the high caliber kind of stuff you get on the show. You know. It was funny to meet too, because do do Victoria? Anyway? Gosh, I'm sorry. We do a segment on the show called the First Day follow Up. That's where if you go on a date with somebody and then you end up ghosting them, that person can email us and get you on the phone to ask you why you're ghosting. So we got an email about you from somebody.
Speaker 3: Yeah this is.
Speaker 6: Is that Taylor? Is it Taylor?
Speaker 2: Yes, it is Taylor. You do that fast? Yeah? Do you have a few minutes to talk to us about it and tell us why you're ghosting?
Speaker 4: Totally?
Speaker 5: I'd love to.
Speaker 6: Okay, day, that just makes it even worse.
Speaker 3: She was fantastic.
Speaker 6: She she's amazing, she's she's she's gorgious. I don't know. I've met hear not too long ago at a birthday party.
Speaker 3: It was just like.
Speaker 6: We just like we just hit it. I don't know, you'll know how. I don't know. You meet somebody and it's just like, yeah, this makes sense. Yeah, just like flows really well. And it was great, and I mean she did she she text me this thing about about vibes and combusting, which I don't think that was I thought it was so funny. I just didn't reply. I it's kind of really stupid. So my roommate got a VR headset, you know, you premonial like into you can.
Speaker 3: Play games and yeah, yeah, no they're crazy.
Speaker 6: But like, and I've never used it before, so I kind of got like really really addicted to virtual reality Ping Pong and I've been going crazy in it. And I stood too close to the corner of this wall and fractured my wrist as I was playing.
Speaker 2: You fractured your wrist playing VR.
Speaker 5: So it's okay, I mean it's stupid. I feel so stupid about it. And now, like because I fractured it, like it hurts the hold my phone, like my phone sitting on my desk right now, and I'm just speaking into it. I I can't type, I can't text, I can't I can't play virtual reality ping pong, I.
Speaker 6: Can't do anything.
Speaker 2: So yeah, okay, well.
Speaker 6: It's just tough. But so like I've tried to I'm trying to verbalize my text, you know, and like speak them out so that SERI picks them up. It comes out like vibes are snorting and Brahmin's destiny and like it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 4: Okay, So because you hurt your wrist, you can't communicate with people.
Speaker 6: I just can't feel dumb, okay, honestly.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's why you're ghosting a.
Speaker 5: Little bit because like I don't know how to it's frustrating when.
Speaker 6: I can't text it and I don't know how to be like, hey, I have talked to you because I broke my risk virtual reality pong.
Speaker 4: All of you guys hit it off like you think you did. I don't know that she'd think it was dumb. Maybe she thinks, yeah.
Speaker 6: I guess maybe I didn't really think that.
Speaker 3: Can I say something? Can I say something?
Speaker 2: Yes, Taylor, she's been on the phone listening.
Speaker 3: Oh wait what yeah, Taylor here? Yeah, Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, Like I just I thought I totally humiliated myself. I've been spiraling for the past six days. But you you've got a VR ping pong wrist injury.
Speaker 5: What yeah, yeah, kind of.
Speaker 6: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't think that's so random and adorable. But also like it's been six days and I thought that you hated me with right now.
Speaker 6: I don't hate you, I literally I could. I could never hate you. I that I was. I've been really happy that that we met and beating myself up that I feel like I can't just like be an.
Speaker 3: Adult and just do the adult thing.
Speaker 6: And tell you I broke my wristlan being.
Speaker 3: Pong that the I was like, I was your ping pong with you, Jake. I'd play that with me, you know once. Once you're a field.
Speaker 6: I mean, I can just swap to my left hand. And then he used you right.
Speaker 4: Okay, we probably shouldn't say you could take your left hand, otherwise she's gonna get even more man.
Speaker 2: You could have texted with your left hand.
Speaker 6: I can't, I can't.
Speaker 3: No, I don't know, guys, Jake, She's a very cute human.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well that's Jake. Would you like to go out on another date with Taylor? Will pay for it?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, well Taylor, congratulations, Yay, thank you.
Speaker 1: Guys.
Speaker 3: I'm so happy.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, we too.
Speaker 2: You're gonna sleep good tonight.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 1: Jubile's First Date follow up