Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: COWS.
Speaker 1: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Hecma Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 3: Yo, it's Friday time for the Players Lounges.
Speaker 4: You appreciate you rolling on in here as the Cowboys get ready to face the Philadelphia Eagle, tacking Harrison wearing his Eagle.
Speaker 2: Green about.
Speaker 5: Let me tell you, let me tell you if I ain't never in my life or no eagle green. This ain't it. This ain't it is that, Mike, This isn't No. Yes, you can call it, call it incredible.
Speaker 4: Halt.
Speaker 2: I don't know you. I saw that. I saw that, saw that. That's so disrespectful. So boy, you know.
Speaker 6: What that creepy boy.
Speaker 2: You know't even that double light.
Speaker 5: But y'all ain't worth I know when I got takwon, he was over there, y'all know, yeah, yeah, man, y'all know we.
Speaker 2: Have heard of team team when that's that's crazy.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I didn't have that, boy didn't have that in the.
Speaker 5: Boy.
Speaker 2: Look at it. Now, this is the last the suckers.
Speaker 4: Why you thought you could keep creeping out?
Speaker 2: You better not never wear red in here.
Speaker 3: Dan, You're gonna try try to call Michigan State.
Speaker 5: I'm looking for all the green teams, your magic, every green team except for that.
Speaker 4: That's crazy, right I see today neither cowboy taking on hex Eagles on Sunday a high noon.
Speaker 2: Should rethought that?
Speaker 4: And uh, thank you, thank God?
Speaker 2: She mean why you gotta Jesus you got a basketball?
Speaker 5: Always yes, man, just sitting in the trees and be quiet, just to learn us calling the game from the super it here momentarily, thank you, Chris, think of nobody may call me Eagles.
Speaker 2: Brown Edition, like so.
Speaker 5: Many different things in this world. He could have called me no low blow, low blow.
Speaker 6: To open the show, man, let's start with Jayleen Hurts probably not playing, so yeah, man nine and eight, so that means uh, and they coming Mr Pickett should be quarterbacking who had a rib injury game?
Speaker 4: And when they don't want to tell you what it is, Hey, how hurt are you?
Speaker 2: Tanna McGee? They got tantamgee behind him, so.
Speaker 4: Ready to is he the equivalent of Ben Denucci?
Speaker 5: You couldn't believe they threw Benuccia and Hine times say night they did.
Speaker 2: Don't bring up all stuff.
Speaker 5: That's confident the hat company was groomed down exactly.
Speaker 3: He did rebound from that. Shout out up, shout outc man.
Speaker 4: So so from a I asked Parsons about this yesterday and and uh like deadt care and asked, you know, ask cooop brush.
Speaker 3: They still got and both guys, it still got. Saquon Barkle, Oh, yeah, that is true. It's not too hard. He mean your boy Kellen Moore. Right, the past game isn't.
Speaker 4: Really good at Philadelphia Kellen last year, but you know they figured out left right, say someplace here and say from by the way, he needs two hundred and sixty eight yards, Oh to break Eric Dickerson's single season record of two hundred and five Yes, Dickerson in eighty four to two thousand, one five yards and sixteen games.
Speaker 3: Barkley is sitting at fifteen.
Speaker 2: Games right now.
Speaker 3: He's got one thousand, eight hundred and thirty eight yards.
Speaker 2: Come on, Cowboys defense, Yeah, so come on.
Speaker 4: Could Saquon go for two sixty eight against oh Mazi and friends?
Speaker 2: This dude is go blue m there.
Speaker 3: He might I mean, got no quarterbacks. Heavy dose of is coming up. I'll tell you that right now, have you said up?
Speaker 5: Unfortunately for us, we are playing arguably the best team in the NFL right now, the Philadelphia that hurts to say and.
Speaker 3: Where it hurts.
Speaker 5: But but after Fletcher Cock's last season left, you would think that's going to be a falloff. Kelsey left, you think that's going to be a fall off. What happens Cam Jurgens comes in the whole office line you don't even remember, right and things have changed in the middle of that offense line and they are still rolling defensively. Jalen Carter, I'm just telling you, man, it's I don't remember what game it was, but when the game went off, I was like, damn, that's a problem.
Speaker 2: That's a problem.
Speaker 5: And right now, And I know I say that knowing that the Kansas City Chiefs on the cusp of having a three peat. But I think this is the one team that could cancel Christmas for Kansas City because of the way that they are lined up. The only thing about them is is the well, the great thing about them is the addition of Saquon Barkley. Saquon Barkley to me changes everything for Jalen Hurts. You know how I feel about Jason Probably you know I don't like him, you don't like him at all. But Jalen Hurts when he plays within himself as a quarterback. And what I mean by that, you know, he's not out there trying to create magic. He's going with the offense. And I think that's what Keller Moore has brought to his game because now with Saquon all of the pressure is off of him. He has the receivers you know in aj Brown, you know what he has in Devonte Smith. And again, man, this is a team that I think going into the playoffs, there are a few team teams that I think in the first round they don't want to draw. If they get that team, they may do what the Cowboys did last year. I'm not gonna say that name. It may be one of those, it may be one of those kind of situations. But I'm telling you right now, as I sit here right now, the Philadelphia Eagles are the best team in the National flow. No chance this Sunday, you're telling me, no chance, I'm gonna pick the Cowboy. I'm gonna first of all, how long you have known me long enough to know I'm not paying no attention. You are not gonna drop me off side of today.
Speaker 2: If I gonna have.
Speaker 5: I should I should have thought. I should have thought that. I don't even know where my mother was.
Speaker 2: I know WHOA don't play with me the second the second double. It's only one like Cowboys all day and tomorrow.
Speaker 5: But yeah, this one, it's gonna be one of those kind of games versus one of the best teams in the NFL that does not have their quarterback.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you the game you was thinking about with what's his name, Jannon Carter, Who's the game against Baltimore where that man single handedly was chasing down Lamar Jackson, which was one of the hardest things you could do, but they were able to control Lamar Jackson Derek Henrido the entire game.
Speaker 2: So when you talk.
Speaker 7: About the Eagles being one of the best in the National Football League, I say, you know, outside of the Chiefs, because the chief you gotta beat the champs to beat the champs.
Speaker 2: But his team is loaded man on both sides of the football.
Speaker 7: Even went Hurts without last game against the Commanders and what the first quarter they went first quarter first.
Speaker 2: They still put up thirty three points.
Speaker 5: They were a drop pass from one of their best receivers, Devonte dropped. Oh my god, I was sick for him, boom right in the Mittens dropped it sure handed receiver from going.
Speaker 2: Ahead and beating the Commanders in that game.
Speaker 4: And by the way, that defense for the philadelph Eagles they forced with five five turnovers in that game. You know, it was a special you know Daniel Daniels that was able to pull that game out.
Speaker 7: But to me, this this defense is and just this team overall, it's just too loaded, even without Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 3: This is gonna be a tough task for the Dallas Cowboys overall.
Speaker 7: I mean they're loaded on defense, They're loaded on the offense, running game wide receivers, d line, second level secondary.
Speaker 2: You know, it's it's gonna be a tough one.
Speaker 3: And the Eagle defense will not to worry about Ceedee Lambs out.
Speaker 2: For the final regular and the news Jalen Tolbert moves up to your number one receiver.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Turt Tolbert and Cooks Brooks, Brooks, Cooks, Cooks and Rooks.
Speaker 2: And Kittle Kurk.
Speaker 5: Kittle first, Kittle Kelsey schoolmaker, Boy Rico better be out there freaking what go ahead? Finish, come on, come on, mission.
Speaker 3: Alvin Cook might get called.
Speaker 2: It might be time.
Speaker 5: It might be time, It might be time, might be all yes, it's time.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 7: I'll tell you what the record. Better score before they get on the five yard line. We all know what's gonna happen when you get that close.
Speaker 2: Boy bolts eighty two left man take two games left cowboy career, how would you I'd be at the whole I would feel.
Speaker 3: But how would you you in that situation?
Speaker 2: You the contract?
Speaker 7: Yeah, right, contract, Yeah, you know how they do when it comes to those contracts.
Speaker 3: Hey, we look at your production touchdown, how would you like hold home?
Speaker 5: Man? I would be ticked off, especially down here, especially, Yes, that's what I'm saying, especially if I'm I'm the load.
Speaker 2: I'm carry the load down the field and we get to the one yard line.
Speaker 3: And he did fumble it at Pittsburgh on thet but I'm.
Speaker 2: Bringing down that was a long time ago.
Speaker 4: Shoot, it's the gift in the curse. He could be mad about it, but at the end of the day, this is what they had envisioned. And you know, so don't get into the file.
Speaker 5: You know it.
Speaker 2: You know it's going to happen.
Speaker 3: You know, there's no secret. You know what's about to happen. I see, you know, a huddle.
Speaker 4: Just look, you know, no matter what happened to free agent market, I think you know, he'll have some deal here. May not be the one exactly ones, but I think worst he can come back here and play if if Mike McCarthy's head coach, the head coach.
Speaker 3: But look, it's it's it's bad for both people.
Speaker 4: Mean we see Zeke now, I mean yesterday, you know Zeke will pass and class like come on over?
Speaker 3: Well, no what to do the media got he used to he used to be one of the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, one of the guys had you know we got today.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 7: That guy that's tough, that's tough, and I was never on that level. Was the guy like you know, you get a weekly you know media thing. But I can only imagine like the shot to the pride in that situation, you only getting like a couple of snaps.
Speaker 2: Again, Now, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 5: If the writing is on the wall when you start to see the production start to fall, maybe that's it's a lot more graceful than you know. He may have been preparing himself this whole season for it. I mean, at some point, you're not getting the carriage and you don't have the production. I mean, what do you expect.
Speaker 2: They didn't leave him home for a game. Yeah he was suspended, right, they left him home.
Speaker 3: Mutual decision.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was suspended for the first squad.
Speaker 3: You know, coming back to Dolls, this is my old stomping Ground'm gonna be the guy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's just like damn well, even if Kdadle comes back, whatever they ask him. I think they have to upgrade it at running back regardless. I know we've talked about that, but I'm just saying he's going to come back as a two in my bad oh, because that will be another guy here at the running back position.
Speaker 2: No, they need a new running back coach. They need to have a number one running back.
Speaker 4: And at some point I talked to on the locker room and just you know, they have to figure what what are they going to do with him? Because I think his production at Kansas State shows you there's some type of roles for him. You just have to figure it out. And Darren Sprolls is a guy, another K State guy that they found something for him to do in the league.
Speaker 3: And I look at Vaughn like much like we look at Turpin.
Speaker 4: Okay, it took them way too long, but you figured out there's a role that Cavante Turpin can come in the games and make him rolls. So why can't they figure out you have two pieces that you guys can't get a good hit on.
Speaker 2: These dudes.
Speaker 3: Figure it out.
Speaker 4: Figure it out a little bit with Herp's still not there. You haven't unlocked it the way they unlocked the TCU. But there's there was production at TCU for for Turp. There's production in case State. Figure it out that that's the job for Schottenheimer and Mike McCarthy.
Speaker 3: Figure out what if they're if they're.
Speaker 4: Back, figure out how to unlock these guys because you've got him here and you know the worst thing, we see dudes go someplace else.
Speaker 2: Oh ball, Oh, I didn't know you could do that.
Speaker 5: In defense of Darren Spross, Darren Spros to me is a completely different back than than duce Vaughan. Just the running style and everything. It's just duce Vaughan, is I don't know. Look, here's I think a lot of times just because the guy is short, he gets called you. Likeliness is a great comparison. Just because a guy light skin cause shoot jump, don't mean Steph Kirk.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I'm just saying, chef. You know you don't know that.
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Ry, Yeah, but you feel what I'm saying. I mean, it's just a difference.
Speaker 5: And I think there are two different players and I and when you bring up the kavan A Turp, because Kavant Turpin does play special team, I think that nullifies any impact of production he would have had in the special teams arena. Because you're not gonna take Turp off the field.
Speaker 3: I mean, what's what's left?
Speaker 2: Two games left?
Speaker 3: Right, if you can resign it, give him a shot, give him a shot for two.
Speaker 2: Games you need.
Speaker 3: The playoffs is done now, the playoffs out of there.
Speaker 7: At least give him some some burn. I mean, some type of some package. Something we'll see, we'll see, But I just I just feel one of the things. And to Landry used to say, Bill Parcells, that could do about year three. We got to see something. So uh, Vonn is getting in year three. But just you've you've used a draft pick on the player. Figure out before you let the player walk out the building. Figure out what the player can do. I feel the same thing about the tree Lance. Figure out what this player can do before you walk them out the building.
Speaker 2: How bad do you think it is? Though?
Speaker 5: If at all this time you haven't had any packages in we've all for Lance.
Speaker 2: Had a package? Hey what what that? What that that third and nine they brought him in? What was that.
Speaker 3: Play package?
Speaker 2: He might be cooked, man, If you ain't see that from now, thank you. He might be cooked.
Speaker 5: Man.
Speaker 3: Now come on to the right. We thought we thought sam Donold was cooked. We thought Baker Mayfield was cooked.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I am still one of those.
Speaker 4: You see what he can do now, you can bring it back next year, Hen get five million dollars. You know yesterday's price is not today's price with him, because we have proof. I thought Brian brought us had made a good point where he said he thinks they're not playing because they would like to bring him back, and if they played him, if he showed anything at all, price would go up.
Speaker 3: So that was brought us his thought process. I don't think that's crazy.
Speaker 2: But wait a minute, they're they're hiding him, he said, I.
Speaker 4: Mean super Bowl winning super either.
Speaker 2: I ain't either. I ain't trying to claim that I am. But they hiding him because his price might go up. People. He's so good that if we put him out here, he.
Speaker 4: Said, have we seen yes, have we seen the flash from last you've been under the quarterback whisper Shanahan.
Speaker 2: Mike is the whisper. Yeah, he's seen them right now he KP can't play k we hide.
Speaker 5: We don't want nobody to see this, this goodness we got behind the wall that next year they might give us two warns.
Speaker 3: Mike's been in the lab before.
Speaker 5: That's true.
Speaker 3: Talking to the barn this winning, Yeah, come last, I love it, Like that's the theory. Like sitting run on that treadmill.
Speaker 2: Man, they're gonna be right back at it. Man.
Speaker 3: Man, come on now, he might be cooked. It might be hurting from my man, but you look, you never know.
Speaker 4: But to not see, to not see something from him, especially if they lose the Philadelphia to me, that would you know? You got to see something something something man, a series or something something something. I mean, since you passed on the ability to go get you know, a whole bevy of quarterbacks running backs. You said, yes, yeah, yeah, you got that Buckeer. I mean, you know, there's the stuff you could do by not giving giving up the fourth rounder. Now you can bingo do something in the game. No, I mean, Big got three routes of sleep. We figured those routes out. Everybody else has figured those routes out also.
Speaker 5: But here's the d never see him like, hey, wait, wait a minute, Big High, when when now to see those see these out? Now the CD's out, Now you get an opportunity to see me go. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Now now the playbook is opening. We're standing next to Trey Lance.
Speaker 3: Were just say.
Speaker 2: So, we're gonna give some love to CD man.
Speaker 4: Let's take a break. I called him the m v P yesterday about to find out to find out tech Maherrison.
Speaker 2: Scruggs.
Speaker 3: Aristocrat, that guy, he's so good.
Speaker 2: We got hot.
Speaker 3: Hey, their Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 9: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat A Brown, sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 10: Hey Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 2: Prescott keats slides with a first.
Speaker 10: Down invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie in crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 11: Perfect prow My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 10: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and Right Now. Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order.
Speaker 2: Plus. Because every deal needs a playmaker.
Speaker 9: Your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play the Playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty.
Speaker 12: Four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: Back to the players Lounge Cowboy Nation.
Speaker 5: Amanda Foster has been named your twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboy Fan of the Year, presented by Captain Morgan for her dedication to the team and spicing up the game. Vote for Amanda to be named the o him An NFL Fan of the Year at NFL dot com Slash Fan of the year.
Speaker 4: All right, thank you Harrison in the house, gang Green Church congratulating Rockets over time.
Speaker 2: Let's go t O L E d O.
Speaker 7: Man, let's go pit the bull ring. Should be nice, should be if he was giving money you could get.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna pay my duke BC playing for it's gonna be most of nights. It's gonna be blinking.
Speaker 5: All that with all your back payments. They they make it upgrade all the upgrade a little bit. But that that yeah, that's congratulation for the Rockets. You go, you take on the A C. C. Smack Pitt Panthers.
Speaker 4: You know a lot of those guys would have loved to have the opportunity to play over there. And man there you know you get a win over in the bowl game. So congratulations to the MAC. That's at least two because Northern Illinois.
Speaker 3: They beat the who was was?
Speaker 10: I was?
Speaker 3: I was so So that's that's that's a couple of ball wins right there.
Speaker 2: The match.
Speaker 7: Mac's saying good for them, man, American Conference by talking about.
Speaker 4: They they used to be known as the cradle of coaches, so a lot of good coaches. Nick Saban came out, he did he did remember who he coached for Toledo.
Speaker 2: Don't play with that man like that man Trivia put the statue statue.
Speaker 4: I ain't got no statue Chuck either that here here's his he's one real good for them, Don James.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 4: That blanked me right there, Don James, who was Washington had warm moon when a bunch of packed pack six pack, eight packed tens out there when he was But tell you that's a really good airparts he came out of there with Hayes came out of that conference. I mean, there's some really good coaches out of the MAC, but for eight forty six was the exactly wat by the way, six, No one will know what beat Fresno in the Idaho.
Speaker 2: Potato Bowl, Potato Bowl? What what type of swat bad they get up out of there.
Speaker 13: I'm not gonna fly fries, lot frieses, skinny fries, potato, potato, baked potato, regular baked potato.
Speaker 3: Food probably hitting up there though.
Speaker 2: You know anything else to do but.
Speaker 3: Ask for ask for Ashton gent what bro, what we do here?
Speaker 5: Bro?
Speaker 3: What do we do here?
Speaker 2: All week? Are gonna go off? This week? He got past eight?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Michael talked about this. He said he can't beat us. He was he said that he was very nice. Somebody.
Speaker 4: It's like, you know what, good player, I'll beg a hundred forty yards, but he can't beat us.
Speaker 3: He can't beat us.
Speaker 2: Everybody else has to. But we can't let him beat them.
Speaker 7: He needs one hundred and thirty two yards of break Berry Sanders single season record for getting that.
Speaker 3: He getting that, he might get forty two carries. They getting that, you sure mm hmmm.
Speaker 5: And then thirty two so getting so they did the s m u oh they did all that. Man, I don't know, man I man kJ helped him out a lot too.
Speaker 2: I'm about to say he didn't have his best. He didn't have his best before. So they did the KJK.
Speaker 3: You was that third yes, man, that.
Speaker 2: Was when you underpressure.
Speaker 3: I was like, woo, that was That's what I turned it off, spotted them fourteen like I got other things to do.
Speaker 2: Yether be a gay. Oh man I did too.
Speaker 4: Man, I gotta gett ready for Christmas to man tough man like prime time. So Penn State was ready for kJ. I expected to get ready for uh gent. I talked to Dennis Thurman this is when he's a former cowboy therman thieves, he's a defensive coordinator Hawaii, and and he talked about how they played. You know, he he he's good, he said, but he's little. He said, we beat him up pretty good. And he said, you just gotta you know, you gotta, you gotta somebodies out there. So if James Franklin smart, get a whole that Hawaii tape and watch some of what they did over there. But I think Mike's kind right. Hey, look, man, don't let him be the one who beats you. Somebody else go do it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And that's the problem with in a game like that is Boise State has never faced that kind of like the players are completely different in that area.
Speaker 2: You know, big. I mean it's a big tens.
Speaker 5: Look, they are used to massive offensive linemen and massive running backs running downhill at them. So you're not gonna shock them with a running game. Now you tell me you got a receiver that's a burner and then now you got different Now okay, now that may be a problem. But running back that's where I'm you know, the big question mark over ashing gent T in this game and his how effective he is because Penn State's seen it all.
Speaker 4: How you know for James Franklin, who's taking a beat, couldn't find the football playoffs, he could be boys, he'll be in the final four. To not see that happening for Penn State this year, not see him in the final four, So he could end up cat bawl.
Speaker 2: I believe so.
Speaker 5: Look of the draw, man, I mean they got him to a good blacket. They give Oregon almost two. Yes he did, yeah, yeah, yeah, I say that, But I think the brackets they got the luck of the draw in the bracket that they were in.
Speaker 2: Man, that's what you like then tournament? Yeah, that thing like the West.
Speaker 3: For some reason, the West is always the bracket you want to go to coming out that West.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Cee Lamb senior, Lamb not playing against the Eagles in Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Out for the year.
Speaker 3: I think he's done enough to make a Pro Bowl.
Speaker 14: I do.
Speaker 2: I think his work has been Yeoman's work.
Speaker 4: I thought Parsons said a pretty good things, like, hey man, the guy's his quarterback, whether he's catching passes from Dak Cooper, rush guys out there getting his thousand, doing whatever he needs to do.
Speaker 2: CD got his money start of the season.
Speaker 4: Little shaky, which it was the year before too, and he still finds a way to get it all done. So maybe see he's just a little slow starter. But I called him the MVP of this team. I think he had an outstanding season and with knowing that exactly the kind of help. But you are Cooks has not been Cooks. Cooks used to be thousand. He used to be the quarterback proof receiver man. You used to get his thousand man. Never done that here, And then he spent time hurt Jalen Tolbert, who we all thought was going to take a step up.
Speaker 2: Jalen didn't do that, and here's ceedee lamb.
Speaker 4: No, you're the guy. He's still getting it done. And so he's not there this week. But I still stand by he would get my mv P.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's still to me the MVP. And you know, to me, you know he's always gonna get his number.
Speaker 7: He's gonna get his thousand, like you just said, He's gonna get his catches no matter who's the quarterback position. But what I loved about his game this year was his growth as a leader out there. I mean, we saw the time and time again in years past where the balls may not be coming his way, tit pass here or t pass and he just frustrated when you see it from the body language.
Speaker 3: Just pouting, throw on the arms. Just we've all talked about it, we've seen it.
Speaker 7: But as you saw this year, I mean, it was a complete one to eighty and his leadership's approach and he was more of that lead back example guy than he was let me do all I'm talking about it. He went out there and did it with his play. I mean, he had Cooper rush at the quarterback, really didn't complain about nothing, went out there, hurt shoulder, still gave you ten catches ninety yards, still gave you what he could production wise offensively, and he didn't.
Speaker 2: Complain about it at all.
Speaker 7: You know, it wasn't the year that he might have wanted to have following up that great year he had last year, but there was no complaints. He led by example, and that's the type of guy you want. That's why they paid him the money so he could be that leader, that top dog, and go from there. But to me, the most impressive part about his game this year was definitely his his switch up in his leadership style man.
Speaker 5: That's the one thing that I agree with you on. I mean everything that you just said. I just feel like, you know, as much as people try not to give CD credit for the kind of player that he's been the last four years, it's hard for them to deny him now.
Speaker 2: It's hard.
Speaker 5: And I think when you start talking about the elite wide receivers in the National Football League, Cedee Lamb this season without Dak separated himself.
Speaker 2: From the pack.
Speaker 5: And I'm saying that pack of elite, I'm talking about guys like AJ Brown, guys like Devonte Adams, Stephan Diggs. You know those guys. We all know who the best wide receiver is. That's Jay Jealous all right behind that is Jamar Chase all right. But third, you got to put CD in there. You got to put him in there. And the thing that just showed me that teams, as I've heard you talk about team scheming up for CD because you discount everybody else and you know that team's gonna double team him. But he still had one hundred and one catches in this season. That like, and again the way that we talk about CD and talked about his leadership, and remember the tapes and they came out and talked about him feeling of music video after what him it is, and you know, kind of down and everything about him reading, reading his body language on the on the side, the sidelines, all of those things, like those things started to dissipate. You started to see him emerges that God not there's no raw rock guy, but as a guy that's gonna show you, I'm gonna go out here, I'm gonna show improve. And I think for everybody that gets the bag, CD showed you how to get the bag and stay productive because in years past, guys have always said, God, get the bag in Dallas.
Speaker 2: Then you see his play decline. You didn't see that with CD.
Speaker 4: I think we can pay CD land the ultimate compliment. This way, he's shown he's worthy of the eighty eight. Yeah, yeah, that's a special I agree with Drew Pearson. Originally Pro Football Hall of Fame, followed up by Michael Irvin, Pro Football Hall of Fame, three Super Bowl Championships.
Speaker 2: It was Antonio O'Brien. Yeah, yeah, a little slip.
Speaker 3: Jersey and Bill Parcells face, a little.
Speaker 2: Get on, get on, the.
Speaker 3: Words of Keshan Johnson, don't throw your career away.
Speaker 4: So Yeah, then then that's Brian Brian and now CD lamp so so as I think that's the ultimate compliment, is he he's shown himself.
Speaker 2: Worthy at the eight? I would agree, and he will.
Speaker 3: He'll be missed on Sunday. He'll be missed on Sunday. But we need to do our yetti.
Speaker 4: Cool customer. Let's do that when we come back. Yet a cool customer. And uh, we got some games to pick here.
Speaker 2: And uh, what's what's the what's the well?
Speaker 3: I guess we'll find out, tell you what, We'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: We'll we'll get ready for our games.
Speaker 3: And see even though I picked ANSAs City last, Uh who did I did that?
Speaker 4: Look right now in the chat, not very for we're just gonna throw that one out away game was a oh heckman.
Speaker 3: I took him, but you didn't participate. I don't know if you dipped your hometowl boys boys shaving points.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be back. Hey, Danny mccraige, here for smoothie king.
Speaker 5: You know, every great workout deserves a great reward, So treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit crunchy purely Elizabeth granola, creamy coconut and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle.
Speaker 2: With two new flavors.
Speaker 5: It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new coconut smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 14: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yetti's insulated Colster cankuler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed YETI Coowboys gears now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on yetti dot com. Check it out today. YETI official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash hugo Boss Hugo Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 11: Raisin Caines presents the other Rules of Football.
Speaker 12: Rule one.
Speaker 11: Any broadcast without the express edition of Cook to Order Caine's chicken Fingers is prohibited. Rule twelve no crinkle cutfries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of kains when it comes to winning game day Kins rules, raising knees, chicken fingers one love, Go Cowboys, Back to the Players Loud.
Speaker 5: The Walter Payton Man of the Year Award, presented by Nationwide, recognizes players who do so much more both on the field and in the community. Help Dallas Cowboys numbing the Zach Martin raise funds for the National Medal of Honor Museum Foundation by casting your vote and charity challenge. Vote on nfl dot com slash Man of the Year or tweet your support using the hashtag WPMO wide Challenge. Voting ends on January the sixth. Vote for Zach.
Speaker 4: All right, good luck, good luck man nineteen seventy nine. You know who won that one?
Speaker 3: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: Joe Green? No, great, yeah, let's go just a guess winning was off the top, laying it down, lay up for you.
Speaker 3: Yes, so yes, congratulations and all by the way, came Hayward.
Speaker 2: He want that's Timeless, the ageless one still playing. He came in with me.
Speaker 3: I think this is still out here hustling every.
Speaker 2: Day or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, camels Man, Yeah, yeah, so I can't can't, can't want it. It's a it's an amazing award. And the Cowboys have got four recipients of the award, Starbuck eight and.
Speaker 2: Witting and k Scott Nigga.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, Church, Yeah, who's been your most disappointed?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: Are we gonna go around and tell you what this is gonna be on?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: You want me right out there? I start it off.
Speaker 7: Man, I'm gonna have to say, Man, I did say go to bad, but I'm gonna go with disappointing. It's gonna have to be Terrence Steel for me. Wow, when you look at it, you know, I thought going into this year he was a rookie. You know, a couple of years ago he struggled. He was kind of thrown into the fire, undrafted cat.
Speaker 2: But then we saw him take.
Speaker 3: A leap and he got better. But then you go around and it's just when you talk about.
Speaker 7: This season, to me, it's just there's too many times where it was penalties that didn't really need to be penalties that were drive killers. I'm talking about holdings, you know, fall starts, and that's before we even talk about the sacks giving up and people kind of just coming off the edge holding Terrence Steel and getting after him.
Speaker 2: And we knew that. You know, this guy was a project going into it.
Speaker 7: But you like to see guys steadily go up as their career goes and then eventually plateau and come back down. You don't want to have guys being on kind of a roller coaster rat where you know it's bad at first and they lift up a little bit and they get back bad again. Those are kind of flashing the pan players, consistent players, And to me, I thought, you know, his trajectory. I thought he was going to be at least not one of the greatest, but at least be able to hold down that right.
Speaker 2: Side, you know, for the foreseeable future.
Speaker 3: Now you know, we're looking at it and it's like, do we need to address the right tackle position?
Speaker 7: You know, we already have a lot of young guys on that offensive line and don't know what we're gonna do with the left tackle and this, that and the third.
Speaker 3: So to me, I thought this was a disappointing season. Can he bounce back?
Speaker 7: Of course he can. Of course he can bounce back. But this year, to me, I thought it was really disappointed. I thought he was gonna be able to make at least that Pro Bowl step.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna throw myself under the bus right now, I do throw myself under. My most disappointing player this season has been Jake Ferguson, berkttlekel Kettles. My expectation and that's the thing, you know, expectation. When you put expectation in the wrong place, that's where you end up being disappointed, And I really did get get disappointed because I felt like in the season, when you look at the depth chart of wide receivers that we had, this was going to be one of those seasons where he had an opportunity to make his imprint on this offense.
Speaker 2: And you saw in previous seasons.
Speaker 5: I mean, I believe it was last season he was seven sixty one for five And that's why I'm talking about the trajectory you're seeing, like you're saying to yourself, all right, this guy is gonna go this way, and then all of a sudden, and I know he's had injuries obviously had the concussion at one point, but even when he's been out there, man, you just hadn't seen the production from him. For sixty one no touchdowns this season. And you know we seen Schoolmaker come on at points in time in this season also, But I thought that this tight end room belonged to him and gave him the nickname for rate with the greats, and so I figured, eighty seven, you in the line with the others, you know, to come and be a bad man. This has just been one of those disappointed seasons that I didn't see the production going the way that I thought.
Speaker 2: It would.
Speaker 3: Church.
Speaker 4: You picked a good one in still, but I gotta go with Tyler Goeyton the first round round.
Speaker 3: I think all of us. I thought when they signed Chuma Edoga back, we wouldn't be seeing you.
Speaker 2: It's the placeholder for a little bit.
Speaker 4: Didn't think I see Tumas starting in December on NBC Sunday Night Football. That's Truman's out there start because Tyler Goton couldn't get it done.
Speaker 2: That's tough. So now he's out here's a play.
Speaker 3: You know, you're switching back.
Speaker 2: And platoon third series player. You know, there's just no way in the world I envisioned a first round draft pick for the Cowboys doing that.
Speaker 4: Especially on the old line. Yeah, okay, I didn't see that happening. I mean, we can say whatever we want to about Mazi. He is out there playing. You know, he's not platoon, He's he's out there playing. And for Tyler Goydon you know, just right now, you're just like, okay, you don't know, do you do you get rid of steel and you move.
Speaker 2: Tyler to right.
Speaker 4: I mean there's there's a serious question marks about what do you what happens next? With him, and I am by no means calling him a bust, not gonna do that. It's unfair because he did. They did talk to him about project and saying they knew that they needed work to do. We've seen other football players that the Cowboys are brought in here who had a rough season and developed after so he deserves the opportunity to improve. But as a first year that's been disappointing. You know, I thought it would be a challenge talked about on the show, but I did not envision December. He's sitting here behind Youumano.
Speaker 2: That's true. I forgot about Tyler.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't forget about its locker room. This is a This is a vital off season for that young man.
Speaker 2: Yes it is.
Speaker 3: Yes, it is so for my YETI cool customer. By the ways they get ready to face Philadelphia, Mozzie and Friends.
Speaker 4: To sixty eight, I'm looking for to sixty eight or at least a good way to chunk in cut that thing in half, because you know, depending on how things go, if Philly wins the game and they become the number one seed, he may not even play next week. So he's probably gonna have to try and get as much as this as he can this week against the Cowboys. So give me Saquon I mean give me Mazi and friends trying to slow down Saquon bar That's the only way they can sit up here try and win this football game. Minus ceed Landmark, Well, I'm gonna say you had any cool customer. I'm not Masi and friends, but I'm we were talking about disappointing players, but I would say my guy's been bright light for me this season has been Chauncey Ghost and two sacks and back to back games. He'll be if he gets one to next to this Sunday, that'll be three three, you know, they'll be well five total, but that'll be back to back to back games that he's got recorded to sack the first for the twenty twenty four season. Man, we've needed we needed somebody to emerge from that defensive line room, and he's been a versatile piece. Has been a guy that they can go one, two, three, all the way out to five with him, and they showed his his you know, I have viability and how great he is as a player for the Cowboys, but he's gonna be my YETI cool customer Chauncey Ghost.
Speaker 7: May YETI cool customers got to be Cooper Rush. And I say this not only from a team perspective, but for him as an individual. You go out there, let's just say, you do your dang like you've always been doing without CD Lamb, You're still able to put points up. Not only would his team have a chance to win the football game, but he may have a chance to make himself some more bread in the offseason becoming a free agent, because if you look at his record overall, this was like nine to four or something like that, he would have rattle off two more victories. I mean you looking at eleven and four record as a starter, you've done it without CD Lamb. You've done it with CD Lamb. I mean, he can make himself a lot of money in this Assie's not saying he's gonna be one of the top tier starters anywhere, but he can be one of the highest paid backups International Football League, which is not a bad gig at all another ten twelve years.
Speaker 2: So watch Cooper Rush be the cool customer, make yourself some bread. You know he got tres breathing down his neck. HI put him on the shelf.
Speaker 3: You nobody to seal man Man all right, Chris being where are we at on these games?
Speaker 2: Here? Talk about it? Chris, Let's do some games, real, quode.
Speaker 3: We gotta quick, you gotta show right after this.
Speaker 2: Let's go. You ain't gonna tell us who winning?
Speaker 9: HU?
Speaker 2: Are you winning right now? Really want by two games?
Speaker 3: You're seventy three and thirty nine, second seventy one and forty one? I like it, Church. You need some help, buddy, know this guy really.
Speaker 2: Help everything with that.
Speaker 7: Denver at Cincinnati, Oh said, anyboy must run, really made to play?
Speaker 2: Go ahead? Come on, Nuie, you got it? Denver Cincinnati. Oh, that's a tough way playing well to dark Denver. Denver wins twenty one to twenty.
Speaker 5: Man, I'm gonna go Denver two. Yeah, I'm going. Then, I'm going both nixt he gonna make a nice and bored. I'm gonna go nineteen seventeen.
Speaker 2: Give me Joe Burr. Man, give me Joe.
Speaker 7: But boy's been balling over there recently. Give me Joe Burr. Twenty four twenty one.
Speaker 3: We got Tennessee at Duval at duvall.
Speaker 5: Hey, Tennessee, been looking at oh Man, all right, Tennessee at Duval. Give me Duval me Duvall give me twenty twenty to fourteen. Yeah, give me Tennessee. Man, give me Tennessee.
Speaker 3: Boll This could be the this could be the gift in the cut here seventeen to four.
Speaker 2: Man, you putting me in a situation right now? Oh, you put me in a situation. Tenniey.
Speaker 5: Oh, wait a minute, Nashville, tennikey, Oh my situation.
Speaker 2: Hold up. I gotta go Jacksonville twenty four to twenty twenty three. I mean I just both of them jeams trail.
Speaker 3: Speaking of teams, trash, Las Vegas at New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Brother, No, Las Vegas. Give me.
Speaker 3: I don't know if Derek Carr playing or not.
Speaker 2: Give me New Orleans twenty to seventeen. I wanta take you.
Speaker 5: You know I'm gonna go in twenty four, twenty four to seventeen.
Speaker 2: This game Vegas, Vegas goes up there.
Speaker 3: In nineteen sixteen, here's the game of the week. Green Bay at Minnesota at Minnesota.
Speaker 7: Though at Minnesota, give me Sammy, d't gonna give me the bikes.
Speaker 3: Twenty eight, twenty four.
Speaker 5: But this is a tough one. Green Bay is my my sleeper team to upset the other boys. I'm gonna go boys. Yeah, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go Minnesota. I'm gonna go Minnesota, and I'm gonna go man A Solda twenty eight to twenty one.
Speaker 2: Green Bay, Green Bay, Green Bay thirty one. It's gonna be a good game. Twenty eight.
Speaker 3: We got Atlanta at the commandos.
Speaker 2: Atlanta needs a bad.
Speaker 7: Ken Folk first place, man or he ain't even start no more. But Falcons are in first place. Give me who are you going to get? Who's the commander?
Speaker 2: Commander's Washington.
Speaker 5: They playing in Atlanta at Washington, at Washington X at Washington.
Speaker 7: Give me the commandos. Man, they've been tough up there, Give me the commandos. Twenty one twenty can Dan Quinn.
Speaker 2: Stopped the run. I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go with commanders.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna go Commanders here and I'm gonna go seventeen thirteen.
Speaker 2: I'm scared, scared because they won. How much celebrating did they do?
Speaker 4: Atlanta's gonna be tough, but I have to go Washington because I don't trust that Atlanta defense. So give me a twenty six to sixteen game. Washington wins. I think I think DQ makes it tough on the rookie.
Speaker 3: We've got Indianapolis at the Giants.
Speaker 5: Give me Indianapolis twenty six ten, Colts twenty four six, twenty four to six.
Speaker 2: You said, yeah, give me Indy win this thing. Twenty eight to twenty eight to thirteen.
Speaker 3: I we got Arizona at the Rams.
Speaker 2: That's gonna get going. Man, it is.
Speaker 5: Give me pooka them pooka and I'm gonna take that to a thirty one twenty four game. Man, give me call of duty. Give me call of duty in this one.
Speaker 7: Man that divisions, so they go all get manle me god do twenty four to seventeen, call of duty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I gotta go with the Rams here. They're trying to win this whole division. So give me the Rams to win this one. Twenty nine to seventeen. Since Arizona was eliminated, we got Miami at Cleveland.
Speaker 5: Coach, so Miami at Cleveland sold. It's cold, and I'm gonna go with Miami. I'm gonna go with Miami. I'm gonna go with seventeen fourteen. I know seventeen fourteen. Yeah, I don't think Jabo playing. Let me get his brother Soul or coach Soul. Let me get twenty four twenty.
Speaker 4: So man, gonna get it done in snow, so Soul Man and snow Snow snow twenty one twenty.
Speaker 3: Close football game. All we got Dallas up in Philly.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say the suspense guy, I'm say the suspense guys. I'm wearing I'm gonna I said, there's no way, there's nowhere. It would not in this building. I wouldn't have never in my light. I would never pick the Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Over the Dallas.
Speaker 5: Give me the Cowboys, Lady Harrison, Give me the Cowboys. Uh six to three, sleeper.
Speaker 7: Give me the Eagles bad, it's gonna be give give it away the Eagles twenty eight to seventeen.
Speaker 2: Eagles. I'll go to Eagles twenty. I would never twenty six thirteen Eagles.
Speaker 3: About the green on Friday, I didn't. I didn't think this one through.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. I was just you know, Christmas gift. I'm like, hey, we hit the boy with the.
Speaker 5: Green saying like the first day of Schoolday.
Speaker 10: Was she.
Speaker 3: Living that double life?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: As soon as I get here, bake newie scrugs. Look at that Hector Harrison and.
Speaker 4: Reggie White, Buddy Ryan Bounty Boys, Randall cutting here right.
Speaker 3: Cowboy Nation, I hope your team wins. Never thought I see today.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club