Speaker 1: What's up, friends, and welcome into Fantasy Pros MLB. This is cleaning up a little extra podcast for your fantasy baseball repertoire. We have been out for a little bit, but Joe Rico and I we're in our brand new time over on the Fantasy Pros Discord five pm Eastern on Monday. That is where the show has moved to. We are here to gauge with you. We got a couple of topics we're gonna hit. Kind of a shorter hitting, easy podcast, but also open to the community where when we are on Discord, people can come and hang out. They can drop questions, they can raise their hand, they can be a part of the show. You yes, you could be a part of the show. All you gotta do is join our Fantasy Pros Discord community at Fantasypros dot com, slash chat chat with other fans, get access to exclusive amas that wind up on our podcast feed, and then, as mentioned, you're cana hang out with Joe and I Monday's at five pm Eastern.
Speaker 2: Come and get your questions answered and be on the show.
Speaker 1: Fantasypros dot Com slash Chat. Mister Joe Alrico, we did a couple of shows together last week.
Speaker 2: Right back at it.
Speaker 3: How are you, buddy, I'm good man. It's going to be back up to one hundred percent. Apologies to the listeners for missing the last couple of weeks and switching things up on them, but hopefully outside of next week we should be able to keep this going the rest of the season. I'm excited to talk some ball with you, my friend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we get some good short hitting stuff here in an opportunity for anybody. I mean, you know, we have created a bunch of fun opportunities for people to interact. Monday through Friday, twelve pm Eastern, Leading Off on Twitch, we do that. We get some interaction Wednesdays on YouTube at four pm Eastern.
Speaker 2: Piece of p and I.
Speaker 1: Are live for a full hour, just straight answering questions, and this show kind of can serve as another similar piece of that. If it doesn't happen on leading off or whatever, you guys can jump in here and you can get some of your questions answered and that can help dictate the show. But I got a couple offerings. We are going to start this show off with Joe Rico, and the first one is a little prospectee type of thing. We got a couple little prospect he ones. But you'll be able to handle this fine, because Matt Shaw being called back up to the majors, And I think this is putting a big question into Moisist Ballisterio's value moving forward unless they cut bait on A Kelly or an a Maya, because Bush is the first baseman. Shaw's gonna come back and play third, presumably, and that puts a question into Ballisteros. So Ballisteros isn't really even kind of the question here. But my curiousness first is what is your valuation on Matt Shaw? Is he a must add player? After his struggles, he went back to the miners, got back pretty good. Is he a must add in fantasy formats?
Speaker 3: I think in the majority of leagues I would take a chance on him. If you're playing in one of those super shallow ten team leagues, maybe not.
Speaker 4: I don't know that.
Speaker 3: I'd say he's a top ten third baseman. But in the minors, twenty four games, six homers, five steals, he's walking more than he's striking out, only a ten percent strikeout, right, Like, he's done some really good stuff, and that lineup is very good in Chicago. The only problem there is that he'll be at the bottom of it. Now you can argue like it's going to turn over to the top of the order and he should be on base, should be able to score some runs.
Speaker 4: I'd like him. I think in twelve teamers and deeper, i'd be picking them up.
Speaker 1: I think I agree with you on that the must add kind of adage. I think it's overplayed a little bit sometimes, but I think he falls into that territory, like there's a lot of offensive upside, especially if he fixed what he needed to, you know. I mean, this team is going to be highly competitive. The only negative is that maybe he's hitting a little bit lower in the lineup.
Speaker 2: At the end of the day.
Speaker 1: So let me ask you this, though we both agree, Matt Shaw or Nick Kurtz, who would you want rest of season?
Speaker 4: A good question.
Speaker 3: I think there's probably not a huge difference in value overall, but I would probably slightly lean towards Shaw. A lot of times you see guys struggle a little bit, they go back down, and then once they get called up for a second, sometimes a third time, that's when it really clicks for them.
Speaker 4: With Kurtz.
Speaker 3: I mean, you know, we were hanging our hat on the batting average. I heard you and Joe talking about this earlier. It's down to two nineteen with the strikeouts where they are for Kurtz.
Speaker 4: I think if the.
Speaker 3: Option is one or the other at this point, I'd be okay to drop Kurts for Shaw.
Speaker 1: I think I'm a I think I'm a Kurtz guy on this one. The only thing is if you're chasing chasing the stolen bases, it's a little bit better on the Matt Shaw side, assuming he like kind of kicks it back, But I think Kurts is gonna ultimately hit higher in the lineup. It's a great ballpark factor. There seem to be some ulterior options that the Cubs have. I think it's a tough one. I'd be curious to where people are at on that. You can drop it on the podcast comments that we have and anybody hanging in the live is Kurts or Matt Shaw? Rest of season? Which one would.
Speaker 4: You rather have?
Speaker 1: Question number two is Corbyn Burns back. This is a very important one, especially to me, Joey, and also not just because I have been pretty loudly on the Corbyn burn Well, I think one of my arguments was he is one of the few players that has almost no data that is giving me a case to tell you that he's going to bounce back. But I think he'll bounce back, and that kind of has happened. His villo had been down all season his last two starts. After he had that rest, villa was back up around a mile ish per hour. He's sporting a two five six ERA, which looks great, but he's got a really high whip and expected ERA that's pretty dang high. There's some negatives, but a lot of the overarching negatives are masked because his last two starts he's been absolutely dominant. He's gone nowhere and runs over his last two I believe it's seven and six. The strikeouts are way up. So the question is Corbyn burns back to being like a top ten sp.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't go quite that far, but he's definitely quelled some of my worries that I had, even just as recently as a couple of weeks ago. You know, last season he had a two ninety two ERA and a lot of the metrics weren't that great. You know, he outperformed a lot of the expected eras and phips of the world.
Speaker 4: Strikeout rate was down, and he still did well.
Speaker 3: And I think Burns is one of those guys who can make a lot of adjustments. He's still elite in the sense of, I mean, I'm going to butcher the wording of this year. I think he is elite, but he's not quite in that top ten sp one range. I think he's just a really smart pitcher. And even if he's not, you know, racking up the strikeouts like this year's pretty pedestrian twenty two percent strikeout right, the walks throughout the season have been awful eleven percent.
Speaker 4: But he's still.
Speaker 3: Somebody that it just hard to be that that worried about. I wouldn't be rushing out to try and trade a bunch for him, but I think if you have him, he's not somebody that I'd be trying to sell. Like as of a few weeks ago, I was more in the camp of I'd be looking to get out from under him if you can get an sp one. But even with the data still not being that great, I don't think I'm all that concerned about Burns. Good team context, He's gonna win a lot of games. I think we'll still see an era, even if it's not quite this low. I think it'll be somewhere at worst like three, four, three five. I still think he's very good. I just don't think he's quite in that top ten SP one range like the solid.
Speaker 2: SB two for sure, top fifteen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have to redo my starting pitcher rankings, but I think i'd probably have him somewhere in the fifteen ish range.
Speaker 4: Yeah, something like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, I guess because one of the things I'm curious about is, let's say he has a less than stellar start that comes up here expected dra is kind of maybe telling us that story. Maybe he you know, pushes back a little bit. If he gets one boos is ra up maybe over three? Is that a time that you would buy? Like, have you seen enough in these last two return starts that if he has kind of a bad one in the buying window kicks back up, you would do it? Or is he kind of on thin ice a little bit because you know, Whip has been up walks or up, Velo has been down, like what side Like, let's say he gives up like five in his next one, and that gets him over a three era Are you I don't want to buy? Or are you like this is your opportunity?
Speaker 3: It wouldn't excite me, but I think it would really depend on what the cost is, what the other person wants in return type of thing, because if he does have a really bad start, then you kind of have to wonder like, was this just the fact of he faced the Rockies And I know he had a good start against the Dodgers and the Mets as well, but I've walked against the Mets. Even at seven innings against the Dodgers it was five strikeouts. He's not classic Corbyn Burns, so if he does start getting knocked around a little bit again, it will make me worry, like he is not Corbyn Burns of the you know, the early days in Milwaukee anymore. I think he can adjust and still be really good. But if we start seeing him get blown up, and I don't have the schedule pulled up in front of me, let's see, so Burns, his next start is against the Dodgers again on Wednesday, So maybe we shouldn't sound the alarm fully because it's the Dodgers, but I'd like to see that's.
Speaker 1: Like the prime spot. That's what I'm talking about. Like, you know, he blanked the Dodgers in his last and let's say he gives up like four and runs goes five or something. People are like, oh, here we go. It's like, is that the opportunity to go and jump? I think it is. I kind of think it is. The Diamondbacks need him. He's going to press Filo kind of coming back up. I am worried about the you know, the era estimators, like it's going to go one way or the other that expects they expected era is either gonna live a little bit more in reality or it's going to come back down. It's almost a two run differential. It's not uncommon, especially for him. Actually, as I'm looking at it, I see some years where he has run about a run higher expected or lower than his actual era. But the last couple they have coincided well together that like one way or another, they're going to match up.
Speaker 2: But I still just think I think there's a.
Speaker 1: Negative connotation that's going on with him right now, and that's why I think he's a bible all of us.
Speaker 3: What I will say is, if we finish up the season and Corbyn burns has a two nine ERA and he has something like what we're seeing now and terms of the expected stats like a four something XCRA. I think that would be my time to tap out on him for next year though, with the strikeouts where they are, with the whip rising, with the walk rate, like if we see another year where he's kind of skating by the advanced metrics, I think then that's going to be cause for trouble as he enters into his thirties a little bit.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: We got two more. We got another prospect based question and another picture question. But let's get to the audience. We got some people hanging with us in the live discord, which as always, you guys can come and check out at fantasypros dot com slash chat. We would love to have you guys there every week. We got lots of other different great stuff as well the offerings, and there's a cool community.
Speaker 2: So you want to join a community.
Speaker 1: That's into all the stuff that you are, we'll check it out. And remember brand new time. We used to be Wednesdays at two pm Eastern for this five pm easterns on Monday on Monday, and I believe we're not here next week because of Memorial Day, so just keep that in your pocket. Let's get to some of the questions though from the audience. First one up from be Weazy, How are feeling about Westburg? If and when he comes back? Are you still a buyer on Jordan Westberg or not?
Speaker 4: It's a little concerning right now.
Speaker 3: The last thing that I saw is that his rehab was going to be delayed due to a setback in his hamstring. I'm I'm not dropping him, but my expectations are pretty low, especially with the way the Orioles have just been a complete disaster. I think we have to kind of recalibrate those expectations that we had coming into the season of maybe he's a twenty ten guy with a good batting average. I think he's still worth holding on to, but I'm not expecting the world anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't think I'm expecting the world, but I will say a lot of that profile that we got excited about and we were touting, it's still kind of there. Like he was barreling the ball up more, he was hitting the ball really hard, he wasn't striking out more, walking about the same he's expected.
Speaker 2: He expected.
Speaker 1: Batting average was down a tiny bit, but also like he was struggling and he was underperforming against forcing fast which is not something that maintains, especially for great or good fastball hitters. He hit two ninety four last year. He's hitting one oh seven against forcing fastballs. That's gonna adjust. So I tend to think he's a buyback. But at this point he's probably a guy that gets cut and you can pick up. I'm not sure he's super worth. Like holding on to also.
Speaker 3: Question injury base. My concern is just more about the injury setbacks. Like I don't think he's a bad player at all, but when you look at the injury plus the lineup under performing around him, he could be a good by low but I wouldn't pay a lot for him if you're going to be if you're going to be trading for him or using a top priority.
Speaker 1: So yeah, and he's not deserved of it. So torn on keeping Kim Hey Sun Kim from the Dodgers, He's been good when he plays.
Speaker 2: It's a roto league.
Speaker 1: We got a little bit extra of a positive push because they designated Chris Taylor for assignment. That was to keep him because Taoscar Hernandez just came back and then they sent down James Outman, So like they want to keep Kim on this lineup, on this team. He's never going to hit high, so I mean that is one thing that you're on percent going to have to come to terms with. But he's in four to fifty two. He's stealing bases, he's not striking out. He's become he looks like a valuable piece. So the question is is he worth it? Let's say in uh, well, I mean it's fifty he says, Rotos. I'm gonna ssume fifteen team Rotos. So let's start there and we'll push it to twelve and see what do you think.
Speaker 4: Is he worth as a keeper for next year?
Speaker 2: I don't know, I guess he said. I think when he says keeping.
Speaker 1: Kim, I think it's talking about like not making a move in redraft. I'm not assuming that that's a keeper league question.
Speaker 3: Well, we're talking about redraft. I mean, he has definitely got to be on rosters. He's hitting four fifty two. I know we're only talking about fourteen games, but he doesn't strike out a lot. Even like being at the bottom of that order, you're getting turned over to Otani, Betts, Freeman, Hernandez, will Smith like he is going to score, and we have seen that so far with Kim nine runs in fourteen games, he is three for three and stolen base opportunities. This is not a guy I would even consider dropping, even though he's not playing against lefties. He's a muss roster player in my view.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well said, and I agree, especially with the stolen base upside points leagues to even be better. You could argue, you know, if you don't believe, maybe there's a ton of like counting stat upside, maybe there's some questions there. But I think they're going to find time for him, and I think the rosters filling out like that. They moved on from guys like Barnes and then they moved on from Chris Taylor. I think you're more you would be more likely to lose Dalton Varshow at adult Varshow Dalton rushing than you would Kim at this point. So I think he's kind of locked in in So I agree with you. I agree Boren is Miguel Is this Miguel Vargas breakout for real? Vargas has been on a whole new thing in May I think it's like two ninety seven in May. We're seeing power, we're seeing all the stuff that actually got me excited in the preseason about him. Hits at the top of the lineup. But it is for as bad of a team as you could possibly be. So do you believe in Miguel Vargas.
Speaker 4: I do believe in him. You know.
Speaker 3: I was somebody who always thought the Dodgers should have given him another opportunity. I thought they'd moved on from him a little bit quickly. He's only twenty four when they got rid of him. The fact that he plays for a bad team on the surface, that will keep people away from him. But forty four games, he has twenty runs, twenty one RBI. That's not the end of the world. It's really not one fourteen WRC plus, he's has six homers. He's getting on base at a good clip. He doesn't strike out a lot. He's cut the strikeout rate from twenty four percent down to seventeen percent.
Speaker 4: I like him a lot.
Speaker 3: The fact that it's a bad team just means there's going to be more opportunities. There's no chance that he's going to get removed from the top of the order, he's going to lose playing time. Miguel Vargas is locked into that one through four area in the order, And while I'd prefer somebody better than Josh Pelasio is hitting behind him, I think that Vargus's breakout is pretty legit.
Speaker 1: I kind of agree with you on that too. I've always thought like the way that he can make contact, that he's going to run into good power. He's striking out less than he's ever done before.
Speaker 2: It's just minimal.
Speaker 1: You know, He's not going to have a lot of great RBI opportunities, not a lot of great run opportunities if he If he were on back on the Dodgers, we'd be having a completely different discussion. I me, who would you rather have, Miguel Vargus or High Sun Kim.
Speaker 4: I probably would go with Kim.
Speaker 3: I just think the counting stats are going to be bigger, the power with Vargas is going to be better, but not.
Speaker 4: To a degree that I would take him over Kim.
Speaker 1: Still, I think it's close, Yeah, just close, close for sure. Yeah, you know, like lead off top hitter with power projection over a guy who's going to hit number nine for the Dodgers. Occasionally you know are part time ISHU.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I get both. I get going with both of them. I would understand going either way. I think for me, I would just go with the Dodger over the White Sox, even though there's a different situation in the lineup and everything else. But I would have a hard time going with Vargas over Kim. They should both be on every roster though.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, Papa Doc trying to get another outfielder depth, trying to get another outfielder death and have someone interested in trading Edmund. Should I trade Terrang or Perdomo to grab him? What do you think?
Speaker 3: I think either one would be reasonable. I was a big Bryce Terrang fan, not at the beginning of the season, but once the season started I thought his power was going to be a lot more legit after that first couple of weeks.
Speaker 4: He has not homers in the.
Speaker 3: Last thirty days, but the overall line is still very good. I think you can get a lot for him back in a trade for Perdomo. You're probably more equipped to answer this question being the DBAX guy. But he's been outstanding. He's hitting three hundred with five homers and eleven steals. I would prefer to hold Perdomo. If I was going to deal one of them, I'd prefer to trade terrang Ooh.
Speaker 2: I'm actually surprised about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The thing I love about Perdomo has been that he hits in a prominent spot in the lineup. He's going to score runs, he's getting RBI's power, stolen bases, He's kind of doing everything that's kind of the Tommy Edmond thing, except Edmund has been weird with his batting average this year, but he's always going to hit in a prominent spot. Rang still has the underlying stuff where you're like wow, Like he's hitting the ball harder than he's ever done before. He's tripled his barrel percentage. These are things that it's like, if this happens dot dot dot, but it hasn't.
Speaker 2: Really, he's lost a lot.
Speaker 1: Of zone contact percentage. It's it's gone from like elite to like down at the bottom. He is not pulling. He's pulling the ball less in the air than he's ever done before, which those are things that make me think as much as these other skill sets are kind of changing, you know, Oh I'm barreling and I'm hitting hard that he's just not going to step into like significant power that I kind of think like him and Todd Tommy Edmond could be similar ish players, just more solen bases for Terrang, more homers for Edmund. I think I'm gonna agree with you on that because Perdomo is really weird and interesting, but I think I want to hold on to it because of that elite batting average.
Speaker 3: So I think the huge thing for me there is Milwaukee has an eighty three WRC plus the Dodgers are at one thirty, so that lineup is just night and Dave. Milwaukee's been awful, like they are a bottom five offense this year.
Speaker 4: I think I think the you gotta go with Edmond.
Speaker 1: Also, I mean, Trio is just kind of backtracked a little bit. Remember it like started off really great and then it's just kind of come back down. Pat Murphy puttinghim at six and stuff.
Speaker 4: It's it's a.
Speaker 1: Little concerning and he I mean, he's the essentially one of the table setters of that offense. So another small piece that you can put in the pie of similar players of like looking at offenses and between that through that trade Terrang is or those players trang is barn On the worst offense across the board. About about the big dances. Drop Ben Rice for Ronda Berger or hole. This is a ten team standard, Rodo.
Speaker 3: I don't mind moving on from Rice. It's been it's been pretty bad for a while now. The thing with Randa, as much as I like him as a hitter, he doesn't provide a.
Speaker 4: Lot of fantasy juice.
Speaker 3: He has no stolen bases, nineteen runs, twenty one ribies. Even though he's hitting three twelve. The batting average has been there. He just doesn't provide a lot in the other categories. I'm kind of surprising myself with this one, but I think I would probably make the swat for Jake Berger. He's hit safely in every game since he's been back up to the Bigs. He hit a homer off of Hunter Brown the other night. Who's maybe been the best pitcher in baseball at this point of the season. I think it is Burger, and you also get multi eligibility with him. I think he's the call here for me.
Speaker 1: Oh man, I hate this one because, like iron is ridiculous, But there's some splits. You know they're gonna platoon Ben Rice's profile. I love Burger. I am you know I'm gonna go with my gut and say that I'm keeping Ben Rice here. But I was a huge Jake Berger guy, and I have been a huge buy on Jake Berger as he's bouncing back person. But I mean, let me pull up here Burger at two eighteen four homers. Things have definitely kind of kicked back. Let's see May he's he has hitting up to three thirty three. I didn't even realize that I'm gonna stick with Ben Rice though. I think he's kind of going through his worst parts of the year right now. His hitting profile is through the freaking roof the Yankees offense. I really like they already kind of gave up on Burger a little bit. I would rank this God, these guys are all super close. I'm gonna go Reis Berger Ronda, even though Ronda has been like one.
Speaker 2: Of the best.
Speaker 1: Like like you said before, offense, Weird doesn't steal bases. He's kind of in a little platoony situation. But I think these guys are all so especially in the ten team league, I think you could cut all of them, for any of them and just play the hot hand.
Speaker 4: You agree, yeah. I mean, I mean you said you are you guys.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter.
Speaker 3: The waiver wire as so packed in a ten team or the fact that those guys are even available is kind of surprising.
Speaker 4: But it's good though. You can you can swap in the hot hand.
Speaker 1: Like you said, that's a ten team.
Speaker 2: Ten teams are crazy?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 1: Are we still Augustin Ramirez over Langaliers.
Speaker 4: Augusta's group?
Speaker 3: I No, I would probably have to go Langaliers there. I really really like Ramirez. Langaliers has been a top five actually, he's ranked number six tech speaking. He's the sixth catcher on the season. He's hitting for a better average than we thought the powers there. He's even stolen a couple bases. I love the ballpark. I think I'd have to go Leangaliars. Even though I love Ramirez, I couldn't take them over Langley.
Speaker 1: I think I'm going to kind of agree with you because we're also now like more than six weeks into the year where dude's hitting two fifty. He has an expected batting average of two to eighty. The underlying stuff is great, and he has dramatically cut his strikeouts down. And then you got that little baby ballpark. So yeah, it's Langoliers. So Lango Lingoliars is the answer there.
Speaker 2: I'm spraad.
Speaker 1: I thought I would have said posted when I looked at it.
Speaker 2: What's fact he's.
Speaker 4: Below fifteen percent strikeout rate. I hadn't realized that he'd cut.
Speaker 3: It that much. That is incredible. That's incredible from what it was he was above thirty.
Speaker 1: To have a fifteen percent k percentage guy with ten barrel, forty five hard hit and expected batting average thirty points higher than where you're at. Give me a break, and you're hitting in like a minor league ballpark. Well, by the way, is an eighty five percent zone contact rate. He makes better contact in the zone than Bryce terrang Is this year, and.
Speaker 3: The fact that his own contact rate was eighty two up to eighty seven. He's chasing less, swinging strike went from thirteen down to eight percent. I didn't realize how dramatically he'd.
Speaker 4: Improved this year. Neither amazing.
Speaker 1: I know, it's crazy, all right. A couple quick ones. Smith Shaver, is he what Schwellenbach was supposed to be?
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I've I added him in a few leagues, and I've been very happy with the results, but he's stranding eighty five percent of base runners. He's got a two thirty three ERA, but he is outperforming all of the other ERA estimators. My favorite is Sierra, and that's at three ninety nine. You know, the barrel rate against is about nine percent forty eight hard hit, ten percent walk rate. I'm more inclined to believe this is a hot run as opposed to he is the next braves.
Speaker 4: Ace along the lines of Strider and Schwellenbach. I think he's good, but I don't think he's this good same SE's.
Speaker 1: I agree with your assessment for eight nine expected ERA, giving up one sixteen max TV over ninety average ex velocity already, so I'm in agreement here with to Oscar returning. Would you drop Austin Hayes or Hove Baias.
Speaker 4: I've been an Austin Hayes guy.
Speaker 3: I did a video, a short video for the channel last week trying to sell high on Havy Baias. I just don't really buy into it. I'd hate to drop him because I think you can maybe get something back for him. But between the two options, I probably have to drop Bias.
Speaker 4: I think I'm on an island there though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I might drop Austin Hayes. I mean he's played, he's played, he's played well, you know, serviceable. But you also have like Will Benson's kicking back up where he's hot. You know, guys are getting returning from injury. He might have some platoony type of things. Bias is going right now. I'm gonna go with the hot hand on both of those options. And then lastly, Buez he said that he's at a rico. I'll be in Toronto in a couple of weeks for from Saint Louis. Just wanted to give a shout out hitting up a Blue Jays game in Canada's Wonderland.
Speaker 3: Any advice, Oh man, you're gonna be in my neck of the woods. Well, there's a lot of fantastic food. If you're looking for like actual things to do. In terms of activities, there's not a ton in the downtown core. Going to Wonderland should be good. The weather's warming up. There's Kensington Market, which is a nice area in downtown Toronto specifically like in the Chinatown area.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of nice food.
Speaker 3: But Hockey Hall of Fame is also down there. There's not a ton of fantastic attractions in the downtown core, but it's a nice city. If you're at the Blue Jays game, let me know which day are going. I go down every now and again. Maybe we'll be able to interact and say Hi, hey there you go.
Speaker 4: Love that? All right?
Speaker 1: We have two more topics we were going to hit. I told you as a pitcher and a prospect. So number three Jacob de Gram is Jacob de Grom, the prince that was promised. I was going to do the Dune thing.
Speaker 4: But what is it?
Speaker 1: Eel giche BALI, I can't I don't remember what the name is.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm talking about? The have you seen in the Dune?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, lista, it's the high ho you are bardemn thing, right, Lisa the Gabe or.
Speaker 1: Yeah something whatever it is, yeah, Gabe Davis, whatever it is. But is Jacob de Gram fully back two two nine era fifty three strikeouts in fifty one innings sub one era K percentage is down walks or up from that crazy elite thing. But I will tell you something that has been pretty focal point in my face is that I really think they he paired himself down at the beginning of the year, and he has worked himself up. We saw some velo increases, We've seen the pitch mixes kind of change a little bit. Really seem like there might be something in for Jacob de Grom that they're working towards for health. They're trying, you know, he's the lowest arm angle that he's ever had in his career. Last year was like a thirty four degree angle. It's at thirty. He's never had a four degree drop. See well, actually I guess he did in twenty twenty one to twenty two. He had a four degree drop from thirty six to thirty two. But it's the lowest arm angle of his career. The pitch mix has changed around a little bit, but things seem to be coming in. So is Jacob de Gram top five sp for you rest of season. Knowing that injury history.
Speaker 4: I mean people probably know this.
Speaker 3: I was not quiet about it, but I came into the year, excuse me, with Jacob de Gram ranked as my number one starting pitcher. People called me fancy slurs for that one, and I maybe deserved it. But it's looked good so far. The thing is with de Gram He's not classic to Grom. This is not prime forty five percent strikeout rate, three percent walk rate Jacob de Grom.
Speaker 4: But he's still excellent.
Speaker 3: He is, like you said, kind of learning how to pitch again at this newer velocity. The thing that worries me a little bit is that he started creeping up in terms of the velocity. He's averaging ninety seven on the season. I want to see him more in the ninety six range. I know that sounds trivial, but every tick you add at that range just adds another a lot of injury risk, especially when you're Jacob de Gram and you're thirty six years old. But I am pretty confident in that take from the preseason. As long as he doesn't get easy out of hand, and as long as the Rangers don't really start using him for like one hundred and twenty pitches eight innings every single night, As long as they're careful, I think we get one hundred and fifty one hundred and sixty innings out of Jacob b Gram and he wins the cy Young this year. I've I've been on that tune since January and I'm gonna stick with it.
Speaker 2: Seeing if you were still there. Very interesting.
Speaker 1: The cy Young thing too opens up because I don't believe just doing this with Bogman, we're looking at the odds, I think it's I don't think he's top five right now because I think.
Speaker 2: It's Turk Skuble.
Speaker 1: Freed is like four, Hunter Brown is two. Damn I'm forgetting who three is. But we're looking at like Joe Ryan when we're doing it, I don't believe de Grom. I know he's not on the top four. He might not be in the top five of al say Young Award voting. So there's some still pretty good odds if you want to play it. And also in the trade market, I think this is about the time where if you have I don't know why Jacob de Gram owner who's super fearful, would would have him in the first place, But if they did, they might start thinking injuries are coming, injuries are coming. I need to get out while I still can. Yes, they can maximize value, but that type of person would be wanting to get out if if you're not a non believer. Last one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's still fifteen to one. He's still fifteen to one in the cy Young odds.
Speaker 2: It's not bad.
Speaker 1: That's honestly, that's not bad, especially with the Rangers underperforming. If everything starts to click, Seeger gets back, Burger starts hitting, and Simeon starts hitting offenses rolling. I mean, everything that Ivaldi has been is where Jacob da Grom could go. And I think Ivaldi, I think he's a top five guy in the the odds market. I think he's all wrong.
Speaker 3: Right above him, right above him, eleven to one, it's scooball Brown Crochet, freed of aald and Gram right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dull Crochet was the one I wasn't thinking of all right, last one. Jack cagleone has been moved up to Triple A. That means he has one call away from the majors. He's played outfield first. He hit over three hundred at Double A. He wasn't striking out. The Royals have some needs. I'm not necessarily sure it's first base or DH with guys like Vinnie and Salvador Perez, but he's creating some outfield eligibility over under. Jack cagleone is in the majors by the All Star break.
Speaker 4: Oh, I think he should be.
Speaker 3: I think I honestly, when I saw people posting graphics of him.
Speaker 4: I thought he got called up to the big leagues because the one call away thing.
Speaker 3: We've seen that a lot more recently in the last couple of years, the Double A, you're kind of a call away. And with the way he's been hitting, the fact that the Royals have been a pathetic offense this season as a whole, they're a bottom three or four offense. The only teams worse offensively this year the White Sox, the Pirates and the Rockies. I thought they were gonna am I am I crazy to think that he could be up any day, Like, if he has a week, he could.
Speaker 1: I said it a couple of weeks ago, like I would not be shocked if they moved him from Double A to the majors. But you know, maybe they they want to see him take the challenge of a league, Maybe they want him to work a little bit more outfield, whatever those things are. You can make every case in the world that he should be up right now. And I now think we've gone from a like, oh, yeah, maybe.
Speaker 2: He's up this year too.
Speaker 1: No, he's up this year, but it's now the timeline of win and I think I kind of think it's going to be right after the All Star break where they're going to bring him up. But listen, if he just sets off another two weeks of hitting over three hundred, not striking out, maybe play some outfield, June might hit and he might be up. So June is the time where you should really really make sure. If you can sooner, great, but you should really make sure. If Jackkaglian is sitting out there, I think the clock is ticking very quickly. Where we've moved away from the Nick Kurtz watch, we're on Bubbo Chandler watch. There is the slimmest of chances right now, Jack hagleone could maybe beat Roman Anthony to the majors, you know, because it looks like the Red Sox are prepping Marcella Mayer to come up here very very shortly. Because you've got Christian Campbell playing first, we still don't have that spot for Roman Anthony own beats him.
Speaker 2: That would be.
Speaker 4: Crazy, wouldn't surprise me at all.
Speaker 3: I mean, the Red Sox are kind of in the same window where I thought the Orioles were in the last year or two of you have too many prospects, you probably need to trade one or two of them, or else you need to start learning new positions. I know it was Christian Campbell, I think the other day taking reps at first Is it crazy? You think they should trade Mayor for a first basement or maybe even Anthony and get a first basement of proper first basement. I don't know, but it seems like they have too many mouths to feed now.
Speaker 1: They should let him work at first base. You don't trade Roman Anthony just to get a first baseman. Probably not may Or either, unless you've got the elite of the elite and those guys aren't available, like who you're gonna trade them for. You're not gonna trade Josh Bell to get Roman Anthony. No, you let him work at it. But they're letting Campbell do it. But either way, cagli Own and Anthony might be a way sooner at the same time period than I think a lot of people expected. You can find Joe Rico Joe Rico ninety nine on Twitter, find me is it the Welsh and you can also catch mister Joe Pizapia and myself Wednesday on YouTube four pm Eastern, where Joe and I are tackling all of your questions. It's an hour of just bam bam bam questions from trades to breakouts, to line up to whatever you got, and you even have the opportunity to jump the line on everybody with super chats, you can drop the superchat and that gets prioritized to the very first thing that we do coming right off of it. So but just come and hang out with us. Tons of people in there, hundreds of people hanging out. You can be in the chat. People have their own kind of community there. So not only are we on twitch dot tv slash in this Twitch dot tv Slash Fantasy Pros, I must dit it again Twitch dot tv Slash Fantasy Pros Monday through Friday, twelve pm Eastern.
Speaker 2: Check us out on YouTube.
Speaker 1: We're in all the places, and of course we're here on Discord five pm Eastern on Mondays.
Speaker 2: Come and check it out. That is it.
Speaker 1: Thank you to everybody that hung out with us for Joe Rico. I'm Chris Welsh. We will talk to you next time right here on Fantasy Pros MLB.
Speaker 5: Bye friends, thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball Podcast. If you love this show, the best freeway to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com Slash Fantasy Pros MLB