Speaker 1: It's time to raise the roof for our latest right this season episode. Welcome back to the Pot everyone, part of the Just Baseball Media Network. I'm you host Alex Murphy. Today we have one of our famous interview Raise Interview podcast postgame interview podcasts thanks to our friend Chris Tilly, who was inside the clubhouse on for Sunday's game, which another fantastic win for the Raise, another series win for the Raise. They just can't seem to stop. They can't stop winning. I mean they want to at a three against the Marlins, just swept the Orioles. As of today May twentieth, we are going to be having a bigger podcast come out tomorrow Thursday, so do be aware of that. This Pot, like I mentioned, will just be a collection of just a bunch of Raised interviews from Sunday's win, which includes manager Kevin Cash. We have starting pitcher Drew Asmussen, shortstop Taylor Walls, and relief pitcher Ian Seymour in that order will be talking, so plenty of good insight from them. Again, when the Rays are playing well, you want to hear from the players, so I am here to give that to you. Also, be on the lookout later this week we will have another interview, or not interview. We'll have another podcast, not quite one that me and Gibby and Evan are putting together, but one again from Chris of the Ray's mo OU meeting between Hillsboro County Commissioner Ken Haagen, Ray CEO Ken Babby, and Tampa may Or Jane Caster. All of those members of the community and members of the organization spoke earlier this week in regard to the MoU. The Memorandum of Understanding outlining the financing plan for a raised new stadium in Tampa was was all done, so that will be coming out later this week. Do look out for that. As I mentioned, our major episode is going to be coming out tomorrow and also fun news. I will be in Baltimore next week, hopefully bringing some good vibes, not like I was there the last time in May when the Rays didn't find it. Actually, the Razers didn't do anything against Baltimore when I was there, even when I was in Tampa when they were at Steinbrenner last year. I just seemed to bring the bad luck when the Rays played the Os. But I will be there for all three games, covering the last two games of the series. So I'll be getting plenty of interviews from that pregame stuff. I'm sure plenty of postgame stuff. I'll be talking with Ray's reporters. I'll be I'm sure I'll be trying to talk with you know, the TV and Race Yo guys, everything like that under the Sun. I'm so stay tuned for that this week. But as I mentioned this episode, postgame interviews from Sunday's win in order Kevin Cashdrew Rasmussen, Taylor Walls, and Ian Seymour. We're gonna take a quick break. We're gonna run O seek Dad. Remember that code Raise the Roof r a ys the Roof and I'll capture check out saves your money on your first purchase using see Geek, so be sure to look out for that. But we're gonna run that and we'll be right back on this latest episode of Raise the Roof.
Speaker 2: Hi everyone, Alex here with a quick word from our sponsor. Seek See Geek is your one stop shop for tickets for everything from live theater and concerts to sporting events like Raise games. Seekek uses a color coded scale to show you where the best deals are, with green being good and bread being bad. If you haven't used sea Geek before, we have a special deal just for you. Use code Raise the Roof. That's raised spelled r a ys at check out for twenty dollars off your first purchase with seat Geek. Again, that's code Raise the Roof for twenty dollars off your first seat Geek purchase. Thanks so much to seat geek for sponsoring us, and let's get back to this latest episode of Raise the Roof.
Speaker 3: Pre run game. But there were a lot of little moments that matter. The walls coming up after four test grounds out and that and getting trips huge.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was huge for us hung in there. You know, we had to put some pressure on Press really talented pitcher, but Wallsy to find some a gap up there to clear the bases was massive that game. I know, six two six'. Three that was a really tight. GAME i mean they were putting pressure on us. NonStop he also made just some tremendous defensive plays as. WELL i mean that double play that he started and finished is you, know highlight real.
Speaker 5: Worthy you.
Speaker 3: Know on the other, Side seymore coming in out of the bullpen face was.
Speaker 4: Loaded, yeah came up, big took a deep breath through strikes in that. Moment you, know obviously we're looking for, aus but you got to get, strikes get, it get ahead of those. Guys are figured that we were going to See hernandez at some point started him off with a strike and then got kind of got a soft line line out To wallsey. There BUT i, Mean seymour has done some good things for, us and maybe none bigger than that one to kind of quiet their most recent.
Speaker 5: Threat what about the pressure overall they put on your you, know still a bas is getting, HITS i mean on the, pitching yeah, it but it wasn't.
Speaker 4: Easy, Yeah, NO i mean that team over, there that's a good, team AND i mean we've felt coming in like whatever their record, is they're they're they're they're better than that. Record they've got a lot of, athleticism a lot of, speed and they got guys that throw the ball really well for, Him so knew there were a lot of. Challenges happily that we were able to hang in there rest see.
Speaker 3: His half other, games but he seemed to come up with pitches.
Speaker 5: When yeah he.
Speaker 4: DID i felt like the entire game was a grind for all of us out, there and nothing was coming, easy and that's a credit to The, marlins But rass certainly when he needed to make some pitches there because it felt like there was traffic on the basis quite a. Bit they were taking advantage, of you, know stealing bases knowing and you had to make. Pitches you had to get a couple of swing and miss, there a couple of ground, balls soft contact wrasts another good.
Speaker 3: Outing but we keep talking about this stretches as being a hotch. Dream but you now have gone a month without losing the, series series you. Win that's the market of the team that's consistently.
Speaker 5: Good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no we're a good. TEAM i feel like that we're representing ourselves very very. Well we got to do little things, right and you, KNOW i feel like the guys have done. That and the combination of the three guys kind of sitting in the middle and then all the traffic that gets created around him allows us to score some.
Speaker 3: Runs, me do you measure a season by? Series?
Speaker 4: No probably? Not probably.
Speaker 5: Not what does it say to you That walls is hitting so much better with the basis loaded.
Speaker 6: Than his career?
Speaker 5: Average AND i, MEAN i don't know if there's a way to explain it or, not but he's obviously incredibly.
Speaker 4: Clutch, YEAH i, mean he wants to do well for in every, opportunity but he knows when he comes up in those situations it's it's huge to get that. Production whether he's hitting eight or. Nine he's having a lot of good at bats here, lately and and picked us up with some like you, said big big hits. Clutch, okay all.
Speaker 5: Right the pressure that team puts on, you not only but the whole pitching staff running and, hitting and it wasn't an easy task.
Speaker 6: Today, yeah we knew coming in, there you, know one of the better decision making groups in. Baseball and on top of, that they have really high bat to ball, ability which is, yeah you, know that's a challenge in its own. Right you, know if they swing at, strikes they take, balls and then on top of, it they have the ability to put back to. Ball good things happen when the ball's in play for an, Offense so on top of, it and then, yeah you know there's an extra, layer the added layer of the fact that they run and then they do that at a pretty high, clip you, Know and so, yeah there's a lot of there's a lot of external pressure that's put onto a pitching staff by a lineup that can do those. Things and and you, know that's kudos to them with who with with who they, are and and you, know sticking to their.
Speaker 5: Game taylor obviously the huge basis load of. Trouble his stats maybe aren't something to speak, of but the bases, loaded they're. INCREDIBLE i, mean what does that say to, you is this guy comes up with the.
Speaker 6: CLUTCH i, mean very similar to what we just talked about with their. Lineup you, know his own awareness is, incredible and so you, know what he's done over these last couple of weeks has been. Special it's been fun to, watch you. KNOW i think with him we usually talked about how great the defense, is but without what the bat's been, DOING i mean over these last two or three series has been incredible for. Us BUT i mean it does Come it does come back to can you control the strike? Zone and he does a really good job of that at all. Times and so you, know it's been a really fun couple of weeks to, watch just with him at the dish specific specifically That's.
Speaker 3: Drue no surprise that it came up big today with a couple of double plays that really.
Speaker 7: Helped out big, time can.
Speaker 5: YOU i, mean it doesn't get, all doesn't.
Speaker 6: Never you, know it's something That i've had the privilege to watch now going on what the my sixth season here in something we've done consistently is run out of defense that that just continues to produce outs for us at a at a really high. Clip and, uh you, KNOW i think it comes down to our. Athleticism but then on top of, it how much time guys. Spend you, know if you were to come here and watch our pre, game every single person's out there every single day making sure to get their defensive work in and and and you, know just trying to improve on what they already do really, well which is, uh it's something special to see from a pitching staff's. Perspective it also gives you a ton of confidence every time you take the.
Speaker 5: Ball thank.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 5: Yep you speak about your mindset in that situation based as load do they have a mountin? Conference you go up, there are you looking to looking to go for the ambush or what are you?
Speaker 8: Thinking, Yeah i've been trying to be aggressive early to a certain. Spot you kind of, GET i, MEAN i took one right down the middle of the first at, bat and, uh that kind of gave me the sights of WHERE i needed to kind of have, it especially early in the. Count SO i just wanted to go up there being aggressive to that. Spot and it was a pitch very, Identical so just try to be aggressive to.
Speaker 3: It you don't have a different mindset when the bases are, Loaded but do you focus in? More do you hone in more when when you come up in those?
Speaker 8: Situations maybe, SUBCONSCIOUSLY i don't, know there's no intention. TO i try, to you, know take the same. Focus if, anything you try to take a little bit of the pressure off of yourself when you go up. THERE i feel like a lot of times it's easy to try to do too much or or overdo things in those. SITUATIONS i feel like most of the Time i'm trying, to you, know do, it do. Less the focus is still, there but you, know trying to just stay within, myself focus on the things THAT i need to focus, on which is basically just being aggressive to a pitch and a certain, location and and that's really that's really.
Speaker 5: It are you aware of your career stats with the bases? Loaded?
Speaker 9: No, no clue they're crazy crazy. Good, yes FORTY, RB i some thirty one eight b's go tell cash and put me in clean.
Speaker 7: UP i mean it's.
Speaker 1: It's, like it's not just.
Speaker 5: Good is it just just this way it's happened in explanation For.
Speaker 8: Yeah, HONESTLY i think it's exactly WHAT i said. EARLIER i THINK i make a legit focus to try to do, less to be to be aggressive to a very certain. Point so you, know MAYBE i do focus a little more without really realizing. It but, Honestly i'm just going up there trying not to do too much in that. Situation i'm just trying to put back to, ball get a good pitch to, hit be aggressive, early and then IF i get to two, strikes just spoil as many AS i can and hopefully find a.
Speaker 3: Hole because he had walked a couple of guys at in and have the long at that with four tests ahead of that where you expect them first pitch.
Speaker 8: Fastball, now, HONESTLY i mean no like. IT i try to keep myself out of that guessing game of what pitch is gonna. Come you, know you get gut feelings daring at bats or going into. It most of the time during at, Bats so if you're setting you up and throw a certain, pitch or if a certain pitch may be, coming but, uh leading you, know to start starting about fresh off there even basically is already regardless of what happened. Before i'm trying to just go in there really just stand on the fastball and trusting myself to adjust.
Speaker 7: Off of that.
Speaker 5: Than just the mindset of not only you but the pitching staff to day against that team that puts so much pressure on your running and hitting and how you guys just kind of weather the storm.
Speaker 10: Here, YEAH i, mean anytime you can come out of a series or the, win that's that's what the goal is at the end of the. Day but it usually just comes down to our plan attack, guys get ahead and then expand with two.
Speaker 7: Strikes we were able to do that just enough to come out with a series.
Speaker 3: Win you come out of the whole pen looking for a strike out in that situation with a man on third less than two, hours.
Speaker 7: You just try to get.
Speaker 10: Ahead, yeah and when you get, ahead then you have a little bit more freedom to do what you want to do and put the pressure on the hitter as opposed to having it beyond.
Speaker 7: You SO i was fortunate enough to get ahead and get the result that we.
Speaker 5: Wanted what was your mindset With? Hernandez you, know, obviously SO i hit along home. Yesterday he comes up in another pinch hitting. Situation how'd you approach.
Speaker 10: Him, yeah the same way that we which everyone else get.
Speaker 7: AHEAD i threw a first pitch strike and then it sort of puts you in the driver's. Seat i've Actually i've Known.
Speaker 10: Araberto we play together in the minor league Since, Lowe so that was kind of a full circle moment there a little. Bit but thankfully we came out on top before or uh maybe In, tripaa but we played. Together we were on the same teams From loway To durham and in the minor league sing this guy right and all.
Speaker 7: That, yeah a little, bit, yeah but, yeah it's it's nice to come out on.
Speaker 5: Top this is your seventh straight series when you know you've had some, sweeps but you're just winning series after services. Series what does that say about kind of the team and the early season that you've been able to to stack these things together like you.
Speaker 7: Have, YEAH i mean that's the.
Speaker 10: Goal the goal is to win every series And if you do, that you're gonna be in a great position to play meaningful. Baseball that's that's what's preached, us and it just sort of seems like every day each of us have each other's, backs which, is i, mean something you can be grateful for and it gives you the freedom to go out there and be your.
Speaker 3: Best to a game at the base was, Loaded i'm sure the heart's beating a little. Faster do you do you want to play off of that or do you try to make yourself be a little more, relaxed.
Speaker 10: Just try to throw strikes man at the end of the. Day, yeah if you're in the, zone then then better things tend to. Happen so that's that's really all my focus is.
Speaker 5: At thank, you, thanks thank.
Speaker 3: You.
Speaker 1: And that will do. Things on this latest episode of the, podcast we appreciate you guys as always for your. Support if you guys want to follow everything that we have going on here At Raise, roof it Is raise A ROOF tv on social, Media, twitter slash, X, instagram Uh Blue.
Speaker 2: Sky hopefully a new TikTok.
Speaker 1: Page don't know what's gonna be, happening but that soon or a revival of our previous TikTok page our YouTube, Channel raise The. Roof be sure to subscribe to us there turn it on those post notifications so you guys know when new uploads are. Happening our podcast need to continue to support us as you guys have. Been be sure to, like, subscribe believe us a, review hopefully a five star, review and share this with your, family your, friends anyone you know who's A raised fan or baseball that wants to add a podcast to their podcast Speed we would love to be part of. IT a shout out to our Sponsors, homage which we have our affiliate link across our social media. Accounts be sure to look for that and our three discount codes With seage in The CLUTCH Jks prince Remember raise The, roof R A Y s The roof and all caps to check, out get you some sweet discounts on some cool stuff, tickets merch in many chops and also helps us out on the. Process with all that being, said thanks so much for listening and as, Always raise up