Speaker 1: But all right, job.
Speaker 2: All across the USC Compton, Watts Bay to LA come on to California day from Owley to Valley.
Speaker 3: We represent that Keller County.
Speaker 2: So if you're keeping it real on your side of your town, you tune into Gainst the Chronicles Coronic Goals.
Speaker 1: We gonna tell you how we goals.
Speaker 3: If I lie, my notes will girl like Pinocchio.
Speaker 2: We're gonna tell you the truth and nothing but the truths.
Speaker 1: The chronic goals. This is not your average shows.
Speaker 2: You're now tuned into the rail MC ain't big changs and big spiels the streets.
Speaker 1: Hello, Welcome to the Gainst the Chronicles podcast, the production of iHeart Radio and Black Effect podcast Network. Make sure you download the iHeart app and subscribe to Against the Chronicles. For my Apple users, hit the Purple Michael your front screen. Subscribed Against the Chronicle was the leaving five star rating and comment. We like to welcome every one to another episode the Gangst the Chronicles podcast, where Gangst the rep lives. It's your boy Big Steel with Jell. Y'all know when y'all here that jail. It's the one and only n C eight. Hey, what's popping with you, dog.
Speaker 4: You starting to show off already. I'm straight, my nigga. Every dance could just moving the ground, moving around a lot.
Speaker 1: You said, you start to show off already.
Speaker 4: Yeah, man, I with that ship, man with that ship, with the one and only bullshit. Man, let's just go with the Gangster Chronicles.
Speaker 1: Man, he is the one to know that, the one and only incomfortable motherfucking eight.
Speaker 4: Still, you're gonna make me stop coming. Man, you better stop that ship.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: We gonna stay with the regular ship, the Gangster Chronicles. I ain't the one and only ship. I'm just me. I ain't no I kind, I ain't no, no, no, none of that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: I'm just I'm just a nigga sitting here.
Speaker 1: One more. You made you, We're gonna make We're gonna keep it going. Here we go. Right now, we like to welcome every one to another episode of Against These podcast your boy, big Shill.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're gonna do the one and only Big Steel in this bitch Madliboo's most wared motherfucking Yeah. Well, we giving you all the juice now, man, you icon of podcasting. You understand that's what they called my nigga this weekend when we was out of town. They was like the icon out all.
Speaker 1: Right, just normal dude that don't figure some stuff out.
Speaker 4: They was like, ship nigga, you you original? You a rigid you know when you originate some shit, they want to put that old ghit. They don't never get the mother fucking money though. I don't want to be the nigga that's the originator or nothing. Hey, but you know what the talk of the time when he was right now, Dog, this Kendrick and this Drake record, Dog, I don't heard everybody in them. Mama don't have an opinion on it. Did you get to hear the record?
Speaker 1: No, man, I haven't listened to it. It's one of them things bro to where when I first heard it, I had to go back and give it another list. And it's tight. He's saying a lot of stuff in there. Yeah, you know, he's a real detailed type of cat. So it's really detailed, and it's a lot of stuff that you could mess around or pass right over if you're not paying attention.
Speaker 4: It's not nobody doing the AI verse, you know. Ain't nobody doing the AI verse?
Speaker 1: You did? All this stuff really came with three different beat changes, it was hard. I called the Homie Man. We got the Homeboy Ken crooking here. You know, I wanted to have you gonna hear because you know me and you talk a lot off record, Crook, So I wanted to get your take on this stuff too.
Speaker 3: You know, well, yeah, it's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man. So I saw everybody had an opinion. I saw my man Gilly, who we just met this weekend for the first time. He came out and said that the record was corny. And for the record, everybody is entitled to have their own opinion. That man is entitled to have his opinion. But if I had a record called the Chicken Man, I wouldn't have shit to say. If I had a record in my if I had a record in my vault called the Chicken Man, I would just stay neutral. Dog who has a record called the Chicken Man. Gilly got a record called Chicken Man.
Speaker 4: So you want to poke at you want to poke on Gilly right now, that's what you want.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing that, actually, Gilly, you know I like what they're doing. We ain't got no podcast beef. He got a right to have his opinion. But I'm just saying, though, if I had a record called I don't know how much corny corny you can get. The Chicken Man, Uh, the chicken Man in reference to what though drugs.
Speaker 4: I guess, yeah, so that's the chicken man. Mac Tin called himself the Chicken Hawk.
Speaker 1: But mac Tin will running around no videos with no chicken wings in his pocket, and shit, why are you poking that gift? While you know he got a right to have his opinion.
Speaker 4: I mean, I haven't listened to the song. It's dope uh, dope in in in the opinions of hudo because some dudes who are hip hop, they're gonna feel like you know, Kendrick's one of those those rappers who's not the average rapper. A lot of dudes are looking for a hip hop song. Like I said, sometimes when when when you're getting outside of the realm of music and you want to become I mean.
Speaker 1: Shit, it's a lot to process.
Speaker 4: It's yeah, like I don't know, I may be listening to maybe thirty seconds of it. Like I said, Kendrick is one of those dudes. You feel me hear what as you have said?
Speaker 1: Listen because he'll say some stuff like the line he said about Jay Prince and them when we said our park, his son said, the mixture running the family with our park. His son. I was just like, man, this dude is a rapping motherfucker, And I think, quick, you know, you're one of those guys man that really paying a lot of attention to your lyrical detail, right right. Do you think that's being lost on the cult or somewhere people actually going back and listening to stuff before they pass judgment on it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And everybody want to jump in on an algorithm. You know, it's the conversation, it's hot, it's the topic of the day, So they listen to it real quick, and then they turn the camera on, you feel me.
Speaker 3: They don't really sit with the record.
Speaker 5: They don't really dissect what he's talking about, you know what I mean. They just they just listen and then boom, turn the camera on to start talking.
Speaker 3: So they can try.
Speaker 5: To capitalize off of the algorithm and what everybody talking about be one of the first ones with some you know content out there, you feel me. So, yeah, that's from from the listener's perspective, Yeah, and then from the artists. You know, Kendrick is one of them dudes who's still being rewarded for having a sharp pin. You feel me like it's a lot of artists who feel like they wasting their time trying to improve their craft because they see a lot of whack. Kendrick is one of them dudes who's still being rewarded on a high level for having creativity, for caring about his skill set. You know what I'm saying. He's still getting those accolades, you know what I mean. So I think we need his presence, you know, and Cam's other people on this level, you know, doing that too, But we need Kendrick, you know what I mean, because the next generation is watching just like I was watching. I was watching Everybody. I was watching Big Daddy Kane. I was watching Rock Cam. I was watching Coolgi Rap, I was watching Ice T the DC. I was watching Public Enemy, nwa Q, Scarface.
Speaker 3: You watching. When you're young and you start.
Speaker 5: To open that, you crack open that motherfucking notebook and you pick up that pen, and you've been influenced by everything you've been hearing. So the next generation, if everything they're hearing is weak and it's whack, then they gonna think that's the thing to do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Because I really try not that man. Hip hop is such an opinion based sport, right, so I'm careful nothing. You know, I'm always cautious in disregard to somebody else's opinion because at the end of the day, that's all. It was somebody's opinion. Man. But dope, it's dope, and whack has always been whack. And I do think that people are not really sitting back and listening to stuff, and no more I think they listening to the first off is the beat jamming is the hook ketschi and they don't care what somebody saying on the record. It seemed like you could be on there going google guy, guy. But if the beat is jamming, it's almost like it's gone because for a minute, you know, when you it was getting so auto tuned heavy for a minute to where it was like, man, if you throw the auto tune on there and just going there hummer melody and got a cracking beak, you can mess around. Have a platinum record.
Speaker 3: Absolutely.
Speaker 5: And it's a young kid named Denzel, Denzel Curry, you know what I'm saying, who's making great music for his generation. And he tweeted something he said it took two of the biggest artists in the world to beef for the people to care about lyricism again. So you're right, everybody listening just to the beach, the hooks, whatever they could turn up to. You know, they they looking for a vibe instead of you know, any kind of information or any kind of you know, stories or whatever.
Speaker 3: They're looking for a vibe. But this right here, these two heavyweights going at it.
Speaker 5: Is making them listen to what people are what them two artists are saying now, they listening to the lyrics right now, you know what I'm saying. And they having a big open debate online on all social media platforms about who was saying the dopest ship and that right there, that little energy, that spirit.
Speaker 3: That's where I'm cut from. I'm cut from that cloth of.
Speaker 5: Who's saying what you know what I mean, Whose style is hard, Who's saying some hard ship?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Like, that's the energy that you know, our arrows brought up. It's real dope that some of that is present right now?
Speaker 3: Feel me?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I think so eight. When you first came in the gang man like you know, during that era, you really had to be able to rap, right, It wasn't really no room for the for what I like to call the publicity stunts. The swag rapping wasn't quite out check you know the word ket can just get off with a swagger and just get that off and become a full complete artist. You actually had to be able to rap. Where do you think shit kind of start falling off at?
Speaker 4: Oh shit, man hip hop, just man rap, just hip hop rap, whatever you want to call it, whatever you consider yourself in whatever category. A lot of shit, to me, rap started falling off when companies started getting scared of the truth.
Speaker 1: In our music.
Speaker 4: You know, because we would tell our truths about you know, situations where we're in and thus, you know, violence portrayed in our music. A lot of people start wanting to stray away from our music. Thus you had a lot of you know, let's glamorize you know, money and and fame, and let's glamorize who got the biggest chains. And you know that's when to me, when raps started not caring about lyricism, and let's just face it, some of some of that just flies over motherfucker's head. You know a lot of people want to hear one two three ABC when you pride yourself in lyrics and try to come up with something that's unfadable. A lot of people tend to want to call that, you know, whack or or because they don't understand. We've had a lot of gifted lyricism, you know, come from times where people just didn't understand the music. You get me, motherfucker, rather hear an ice cube than a black thought from the roots, you get me. And not that cube was any better or whatever.
Speaker 1: It's just that.
Speaker 4: Being having real pride in your lyrics, you know, didn't fathom everybody. A lot of niggas just wanted to hear a simple beating, a simple ABC you feel me. So to me, that's when music started turning. When motherfuckers didn't give a damn about what we were rapping about or the truthness in our or music. You know, let's just rap about you know, corny shit and how big your chain is and what kind of motherfucking name brand shoes or pants you got on you feel me.
Speaker 1: It was easy to get caught up, man because personally, man, I had a situation right and uh, I think when you get those deals, you follow the money. You kind of talk about management. Everybody else just go along with the program. So I was called myself doing a lot of whisk proper popular, and uh, I ain't gonna lie. It took me all around the world, but I didn't feel good about it. Mm hm, you feel what I'm saying. I didn't like it. Can't listen to it now. I think it's garbage. I thought it was trash because and I think that a lot of these cats go look back down the line when they career kind of don weighing down to be like, man, am I really proud of what I put out there? I don't care how much money you made of it.
Speaker 4: You gotta you really gotta, you really gotta add that to a lot of the music that's going on today, you know, a lot of the simple shit and a lot of the vulgar shit that go around. You feel me, And not just with the females, with the dudes too, with the braggadocious and the you know, the the rapping and whatever. Gotta think what motherfucker gonna feel about themselves twenty years from now, you give me, when they get a little more mature, Are they gonna be pride for about the music they put out? Or you know, like a Motherfucker's a lot of niggas just want to check you feel me shit, And.
Speaker 1: The ain't nothing wrong with that either, man. But I think music is so personal, you know, and I see a lot of stuff that cats doing the day, and I honestly can't say that. You know, maybe ten fifteen years from now, they won't look back and have some regrets, you know, but if they taking care of their family, hey, like you said, some people just want to get a check a crook. Yeah, you know what, I think the biggest thing with this record too, You almost gotta be in it. You have to be in it. You can't be a dumb motherfucker be a Kendrick Lamar fan. You can't be a dumb motherfucker be a Crooked I fan. You can't be a dumb motherfucker and be just a fan of anybody. Got some kind of lyrical depth today stuff?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 5: And but you know what though, that made for a cool ass fan base, because I'll begin to Twitter all the time, you know, with my rap conversations on Twitter and all that X whatever it's called now, And you know, you go through some people's fan bases, man, and they're just as stupid as the.
Speaker 3: Rapper they love you feel me.
Speaker 5: And it's like when you really about your art, you just attract a different type of fan. And it's kind of cool, you know what I mean, because we have respectful conversations. We don't be disrespecting each other on social media like motherfucker Twitter warriors and keyboard warriors and shit. You know, you just talking about this hip hop shit that we love. That's it, and that's that energy attracts that energy.
Speaker 3: So you're right. You know, Kendrick Man his fans, he.
Speaker 5: Got a wive wide ranger fans, you know what I mean, Like.
Speaker 3: He coming out of Compton Man.
Speaker 1: And yeah, when you know what do his stuff spread?
Speaker 3: Like do the fashion shows and shit like and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you said the fashion shows and shit like he had.
Speaker 5: The fashion show in Italy spitting you feel me, Like that's crazy, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: That his pen took him there to that height.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you know it's funny about the clothes though, because I saw Doc he had some shit on. It looked like like he was in one of the monk uniforms or some shit like that, Like he was in a priest and the priest robe with something.
Speaker 5: Hey, nigga might have been conjuring up some real shit, nigga, some sholing temple shit on these niggas.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: But really, though, bro, it's like, as a person from my era, I started early. I jumped in the studio my first time. My mom's put me in a studio and her twin sister rest in peace, my honte when I was eight years old.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 5: So I've been dead ass seriously about hip hop since since a kid, and I paid attention to everything that was going on. So I've seen a lot of errors, you feel me, and I'm super open. I'm open to experiencing hip hop on a new level in twenty twenty four. I don't look for the young generation to do everything that the ogs did.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 5: They got their own life, they got their own energy, they got their own minds, and they want to create what they want to create. So I'm very open. But a lot of people in my age group they not I see. They want Drake to make a Nas type Eat the record, and they want Kendrick to make a hit Him Up Tupac record, But that's not them, you feel me. Drake is making a record that fits his brand, and Kendrick is making the same kind of record that he.
Speaker 3: Always made with his artistry. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And I feel like we gotta stop wanting all these younger generation cats to be somebody from the past that they not, you feel me, because that ain't giving them a chance to express theirself how they want to express theirself.
Speaker 3: Do so, I just I just listen with a.
Speaker 5: Open with an open mind, man, And and you know, and I understand that things change.
Speaker 3: You feel me from the from the clothes.
Speaker 5: To everything, dad, because Nigga, I don't wear the same shit I was when I was twenty.
Speaker 1: You feel me, Yeah, I don't wear the stuff. And when I do try to step out eighty ten, my ass up so bad. I don't even want to wear nothing new. I'm just stick to certain jeans and shit. I mean, it's it's nothing about advancing I guess it's nothing about advancing your broadening your horizons. I just feel like in certain situations, you know, trying to keep some authenticity is in favor of depending on the era you came from. You know, my fans ain't gonna want to see me in leather pants. And the polka dot shirt and shit like that, because I'm gonna lose more fans than I gain. In fact, it's it's just like you said, it's it's different eras. And even though Kendrick is you know, he's from Compton and he grew up around gang bangers and the element and the situations, you know, like you said, his his artistic is expression is is wearing you know, platinum crowns on his head, you know, thorn crowns, and and you know, being in fashion shows. And you know that's just where some that's just where the element of what of what you.
Speaker 4: Choose to be called as an artist.
Speaker 1: You get me.
Speaker 4: Artistry is all kind of expressions, and he's always been the type who wanted to express outside of being that element you give me. Yeah, I saw niggas gang banging when I grew up around gang bangers. I saw the dry buys and the niggas claiming hoods and all of that. But I dare to be different, you get me. So, yeah, I don't think anything is wrong with that. And just like you said, some people, some people fall victim to the fact of but he's from Compton, you get me. And on a worldwide scale. When you mentioned Compton, you think of the MC eights, the Easies, the dre's the element of what Compton is, you know, So some people tend to uh get stuck on that. You get me because me as a fan from overseas somewhere, when I hear Compton, I'm thinking of, oh, you know what I'm saying, Compton, that's the land of the killers in n w A. And Compton's most warning. So you you have the mindset, the mind state at a particular set, you know what I'm saying, Like when I hear Compton, I'm supposed to see this. So just like you said, you see a lot of people, they're they're split as far as the records are concerned, you know, because like you said, they want to hear some I want to hear motherfucking h m c A and DJ Quick type of shit. I want to hear jay Z and Niles type of shit, and you Niggas is talking about all kinds of other, you know, shit that I can't get into. So to each his own. And you know, true fans and people who are lyrical or you know, not to say I'm not lyrical on myself because you know, I can understand the record. I can listen to it and hear the metaphors and you know, all of that, and that's what some people pride themselves on. You get me, you know what? Do the thing I don't like. I guess dude is coming out with his response record, and I guess he wuld be going at DUT's wife. I don't know that's what I'm hearing, because you know I heard, you know, I think Birdman said that Drake got three more records ready or.
Speaker 1: Something like that. So I don't know. Man, I'm cool with all the competition that, but when you get to talk about people's wives and kids and stuff, man, I think somebody can get beat the fuck up for real.
Speaker 4: I said, you going from the realm of just dissing to now do you really want to beef? Because you know, like I said, but they are two artists who pride themselves on being able to dig personally into your life, into your career and whatever embarrassment is everything. I guess as far as you know fucking, I'm just gonna make some music and it's gonna be on point.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I want to go and you know.
Speaker 4: Search Court Records and divorce records and paternity records and seeing if you got f's.
Speaker 1: In school and shit like that.
Speaker 4: You know, it goes to a different realm of dissing because, like I said, now it goes to the element of beefing.
Speaker 1: And how how hard do you take that? You feel? Me? Yeah, because I don't know. Man. If I hear a regular the dude going in on my wife, man, it's gonna make me feel a certain kind of way. Trucks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And a lot of people don't get that because a lot of the comments and all that they egging it on.
Speaker 3: They yeah, they want them to get personal, and it ain't personal or nothing, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: They want it, they want it, But as soon as it turned into beef and it's spill over into the streets, then hear the same people like, oh, they need to chill and just keep it on wax. So, you know, I don't think a lot of the people in the comments sections understand that. Just because you don't view Kendrick or Drake and a certain light, you gotta know they they very powerful, paid individuals, and it could be somebody and they entourage that's straight off the curves that's really with it, and Mike feel like I need to set it off if I run into anybody from the other side.
Speaker 3: And then now we got.
Speaker 5: A beef going on some street ship or on some physical violence shit, and we're gonna look back at the records, you know what I mean, And and it's gonna be judged by the words, because words are the first weapons in war.
Speaker 3: Half the time, you feel me, and then it turns into the other thing. So it's really you, right eight, You're definitely right. My brother is leaving the realm of.
Speaker 5: Who is the hardest MC, and it's going into a whole nother dimension, you know what I'm saying. When they get too into digging of this and digging of that, I mean, that takes the fun out of it for me too.
Speaker 3: When they come to even.
Speaker 5: Certain battle rap, it's like YO talking about a bunch of unnecessary shit, like you like, you know, no shots to the shave room, but it's a shave room rat.
Speaker 3: And feel me, it's like, I ain't really with all that.
Speaker 5: You know, we was just talk to verbally dismantled fools, you know what I mean. And you could come with the hardest lyrics the bars and everything and still lose the battle in the court of public opinion because this man said he know your wife sleeping with your cousin and you know what I'm saying, and he come out with the Instagram post proving it.
Speaker 3: So it's just crazy, man, It's it's wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Old Boy seemed like the type of dude that he used his resources to go dig up shit on people.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm I'm I'm I'm shit. I'm basically in a situation to where nigga, I can go hire me some private investigators, Like if I'm going to court or some shit, I'm gonna go pay somebody, some a couple of thousand to go dig up some man. You can go as far back is when a nigga used to pee in the bed. You feel me. I want to know if a nigga used to pee in the bed when he was a kid, and shit like that, and nigga nigga, you know, they want to expose a lot of personal motherfucking issues, and to me, it takes it, It takes it away from the realm of dissing to where you basically ready to you know, you ready to get hands on involved because now you are, or you are digging into personal situations and shit, you know, like you said, talking about people's families or moms or pops or living situations growing up. You know how you used to be as a kid and your mom didn't have this or your dad didn't have that. You know, I consider that you're getting into the realm of beefing. You know, I'm aa turn it from yeah, nigga, I'm the hottest motherfucker on the microphone, and nigga you or this and that, and I'm gonna turn it into nigga, you was a poor motherfucker on fold stamps and y'all used to sleep all in the same room as a kid and shit like that. Now, like I said, now you're trying to get into a situation to where it's unpredictable.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah, you don't know where you can go?
Speaker 5: Yeah, nah, I just I'm just like, man, that was a bar, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because like you see it, and it's always the it's always the homies, it's always the entourage. Let's face it, ain't nobody who ever kicks Drake out of bounds. Ain't nobody who ever kicks Kendrick gout of bounds. But you will see they entourage about town if they're in the same city or whatever, and that's when the stuff kick off.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, And that's the whole thing, you know what I mean. So we don't have to worry about that when it comes to country music and R and B and jazz and rock and roll, you know, I mean, hip hop has always had.
Speaker 3: That element, you feel me.
Speaker 5: And you know they said the rap cells was down thirty seven and country music was soaring, and all of a sudden, you know, these beefs breakout and Chris Brown is rapping against the Migos and Drake and Kendrick and j Cole and now all this rock em soccer excitement is back, you know what I'm saying. But it's like, damn, we can only bring our shit back with beef.
Speaker 1: That what I'm saying. We gotta do some niggative shit to bring hip hop back. That's crazy, ain't it. That's crazy. Beef is leading to the renaissance of hip hop coming back.
Speaker 4: I remember it seemed like that's been that's been the forefront of what's going on in music the last couple of years. Uh, And like I hate to talk about shit like that because you know, I come from an era where you know, we had disc records and niggas had beef and and you know, we too were at a point where we were uncontrollable when it came to our attitudes and our mind state with music. But it also led down a negative path in hip hop. You know, it kind of put a lot of West Coast artists on Paul's when the record companies were scared to, uh, fuck with us.
Speaker 1: You get me.
Speaker 4: It seems like, you know, like you said, uh, it seemed like every rapper that started coming out figured like the foundation for my existence is gonna be beefing with a motherfucker. I don't give a fuck if it's a nigga from three counties away or fucking five states away. I'm just gonna wake up this morning and say, all this nigga whacking. Yeah, fuck this nigga. You get me. Look at all the beefing and all them and all the you know.
Speaker 1: Was it. Did we have as.
Speaker 4: Much murdering and killing when we was rapping and shit like? Like, I know niggas had their issues and shit, but I don't know if we had as much killing and deaths of hip hop niggas. When you know what I'm saying, because if you look for the last maybe what the last five years, niggas was dropping when it came to hip hop.
Speaker 1: Tell you what it is is a couple of things. Eight we w wasn't on drugs. We was on some weed and some Tennessee or whatever like that. But these catch is taking heroin now, dog, these catches on heroin, all those pills and you know, all this stuff. They don't hear.
Speaker 4: I get a lot of drug heavy because like you said, we we advocated for weed and drinking a forty ounce you know what I'm saying, maybe sipping on some motherfucking hen and See or some shit, but you know that that Uh, the mind state today is fucking you cann Do you some wean? You can do you some motherfucks all heroin and heroin. You know, sniff you a couple of this, pop you a couple of that. Everything is fine.
Speaker 1: Again.
Speaker 4: We had we had dishes and beefs in our era of hip hop minds was you know, late eighties to you know, the beginning of the two thousands. Did we have so much killing you getting me all the Chicago dudes.
Speaker 1: It was dropping and all the other rappers and you know all of what this and you know what it is too. This internet is a motherfucker dog. Social media people is you know, dropping bodies live on camera and all kinds of crazy stuff. You seen cats get wet up in their car while they on the live dog. You know, they called anybody out there liking niggas lacking. They letting cats have it broad they like you did. That's what them drugs, man, They so brazen because of them drugs. Bro, I'm telling you, I.
Speaker 4: Don't think I never seen you know, like I said, we had a treacherous with the neighborhoods and the banging and the cripping and blood. But as far as hip hop is concerned, you know a lot of motherfuckers who claim to be grabbing the microphone or putting themselves in the in in that situation was coming up, you know, niggas was getting hit like shit like we on the street.
Speaker 1: Corn. Well, you know what it is, man, Like I said, it's the combination of the drugs and you like in front of it's like you own twenty four to seven people got their phones with him. They going live so it's like a motherfucker's gonna really try to prove his manhood to the rest of this world. He don't want to look like he oh, you feel what I'm saying, So he go take it to a place to where he probably don't have to go. We didn't have all that pressure back then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the motherfucking social media got crazy.
Speaker 5: I remember one year. I don't know if it's around COVID or something, but they said two hundred independent rappers got killed exactly.
Speaker 4: Like if you go, if you go check right now and go back to like I don't know, maybe five to eight, five to seven years ago, you will see a gang of just wrapped you like niggas is still affiliated with the streets. I'm sure you know, but it's crazy to see how many so called up and coming hip hop rappers who was just getting smoked like like not no, you know, we got the pop thing and we got the biggie thing. You know, but that was on We already know what that was about.
Speaker 1: You get me.
Speaker 4: You look up right now, it's thirty month fucking little hip hop dudes that like you ain't even like, damn, this dude not shot. This dude got killed this dude got killed. This dude got killed. And that's what it's fucked up for us, because you know, now it's like it's not even you gotta be certified, so to speak. You know, in our days, nigga, you didn't have a record, nigga, you wasn't no, you wasn't on, You wasn't no hip hop dude, you get me. You know, if you was in the studio putting out records, that's what you know, determined your status. Shit nowadays, motherfucker, I put out two knixtapes and I'm you know, I'm certified.
Speaker 1: You feel me. And then so a lot of those you know, up and.
Speaker 4: Coming rappers or rappers in their own communities or sections or whatever, a lot of niggas is getting popped because you still got them mother fucking neighborhood ties to the streets, and beefing seemed like.
Speaker 1: Beefing seemed like the way.
Speaker 4: To uh well, be stain yourself, beef moving needle bullshit exactly. So today you just a regular motherfucking rapper, you know, trying to put our shit. Next thing, you know, you go out shoot a couple of niggas or pop out or get the arguing with.
Speaker 1: A nigga on the internet.
Speaker 4: Now, nigga, you the popular a rapper and shit and you might not make it.
Speaker 1: You feel me? That's for real, dog, you know what, I was gonna have both of y'all. How many years ago did get Richie do try and come out like twenty years ago? Probably to me that I think when people saw that fifty had so much commotion around him, it's like he came in the game with the beef with joh Ru, who was the most popular category. Time he got stabbed in the studio, he got shot, and it's like he came out like the monster. You feel what I'm saying. It was almost like he became with Tupac would have been had he you feel what I'm saying, it was that same little negative or he just had bullshit with everybody. He had the ship where he had ship with almost every rapper. It was to the point to where niggas was almost scared to say something about him. And I think these kids saw that, and that's what they'd been raised off. A dog. I think this whole generation been raised off conflict.
Speaker 3: That's the whole thing.
Speaker 5: And I think that it's a deeper problem know what I'm saying. Number one, I wish niggas would have had conflict resolution classes and elementary though just learn how to not take everything from zero to one hundred, you know what I'm saying. That's one two. The drug get the drugs mixed with the addiction to attention, like you said, the social media shit, it's crazy. I mean the niggas was niggas was killing niggas, go to the nigga graveyard and film a rap video, you know what I mean, dancing on the nigga grave. You know what I'm saying, Like it's just got crazy, and you know, they started locking niggas up and it was a new Niggas was having number one hits getting locked up for the crazy crazy shit in fucking in fucking jail for and then to top it off, the label exact some of them, not all, but some of them was like, oh yeah, them the kind of niggas we want to sign and for budgets behind and they was searching for niggas because I don't have.
Speaker 3: A couple labels. Hit me and ask me you ain't got no little homies.
Speaker 5: That's acting crazy in Long Beach right now that we could you know what I'm saying, put on like they looking for artists that got beef, the young niggas who you know, took nines and shit all on the Instagram.
Speaker 3: They looking for that.
Speaker 5: So and then the executives, I'm like, okay, so I get you that do y'all go to they listening parties.
Speaker 3: Hell now, so the execs know that this person might.
Speaker 5: Get killed before the album come out, I'm not gonna go hang out with this dude that is listening party. I'm gonna put him in a type of contract to where if he do die, I'm to get the insurance off of you. Then I'm gonna have all rights to his likeness and image, even on some digital shits in case I gotta send a hologram or this nigga up to Coachella.
Speaker 3: Like it's really deep, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: It's deep, And I feel like in our era, we still had a lot of people of the.
Speaker 3: Culture sitting in them big offices.
Speaker 5: We had rust with Simmons, and you know what I'm saying, we had different people who were still part of this culture, loved the culture, came up in the culture, signing artists.
Speaker 3: You know, now, it's all about the laptop. That's the an r.
Speaker 5: Let me look at your SoundCloud, let me look at your followers, let me look at your streams. All right, you and some kind of beef on social media, all right, cool, come on in and get a deal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what they want now. Man. It's almost like record companies, man, and just media and period. Man is really profit enough of black misery and pain or in conflict. This stuff just goes so much further. And then when you find out that most of these major corporations they have ownership in the Spotify and stuff like that, and they also got a lot of money invested in these prisons. Right, so if they can grow up and think about it like this, they gonna make money from here on out to the year three thousand. Because if they can get if they can keep generation the niggas stuck on dope, killing each other and just acting crazy, and that's the popular thing they ain't doing up keeping the hold. They just got a nice fresh supply.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they win it.
Speaker 5: But then you got the flip side where you got young niggas like Lord Russell who figured out how to do it independently, how to work social media.
Speaker 3: To his advantage.
Speaker 5: How to drop records about just having fun in the Bay Area and get people to like it.
Speaker 3: How to get his audience in.
Speaker 5: Gauged to the point where now rappers that sell millions of records, it's hitting him up and asking him, yo, let me get down with you because he got a wave. And you know that part needs to be highlighted too, because it's a lot of young people following him and they don't want to be the next statistic.
Speaker 3: They want to be an artist.
Speaker 5: Rap take care of they and l Russell is a good example of what a young person could do right now, and it's off.
Speaker 1: Is the perfect example. But these little niggas don't want to be l Russell right now. Man, It's like not but.
Speaker 5: You still you looking at these little niggas that that's that's already if you remove rap, they already.
Speaker 3: They're still gonna be on the streets. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: That's that's not every young niggas. Some young niggas is going to school playing ball. It's you know, it's some young niggas out there that got they act together.
Speaker 3: Them the niggas who want to be like Larrussell. You you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: And then you got the other niggas. It don't matter about Rap. They was gonna be with the ship no matter what. All Rap did was helped them get some.
Speaker 1: Attention the shit, you know.
Speaker 4: And that's the situation with that is, like you said, there was a lot of young dude, there's a y'all of young men who are still born in this poverty, in these in these sections. And there's a lot of these young men who don't have an aspiration to be a Larussell. You feel me because of Nigga. Ain't nobody in my neighborhood growing up trying to be a Larussell.
Speaker 1: They trying to be a trag new Park. You get me.
Speaker 4: So that's where it always turns, Like I said, you you it all. I don't know what, like I would say, product of my environment, right, there's a lot of.
Speaker 1: Dudes who are who.
Speaker 4: Are led astray from having the mind state of oh, I don't have to be no banger or I don't have to wound why I'm gonna be sports.
Speaker 1: It's kind of hard, you get me.
Speaker 4: My son turned and he had a choice of not to become a Larussell or MC eight or whatever, because he had other choices. He grew up in the area excuse me, where he wasn't faced with. You know, I'm not going to the local elementary or junior high school, you know, in in in Compton, I'm going to elementary and in fucking h mirror, yetta, you get me. Uh, there is no exposures. There might be a few wannabes, you get me. It might be a few wannabes, But as far as you know, walking home from school and every fucking every fucking pole or empty house is hit up with the neighborhood or or when I get off the bus, the school bus, I'm walking through a through an area where it's ten niggas on the block already right now, niggas is influencing me because they know me, you feel me. I live right down the street. So it's gonna be some of that. Hey, my nigga, come hang on, Well, what's up? WoT you want that influence? So a lot of the rappers are already, like you said, they already influenced or affiliated just by association of where I'm staying. So now all these niggas who go in at home and going nigga ride, they kitchen with a computer and a motherfucker go with shit, nigga, let's become the crew and let's start rapping. But now all they raps want to be you know, beefing or fuck your neighborhood or or who is this nigga? What does this nigga say he from? Or he a rapper from from that section. That's automatic beef. You get me. It ain't even own no motherfucking record. Shit, it's just automatic beef because that nigga's a rapper from that section. So you got fucked up choices that. And then when, like I said, when you see a lot of niggas who still want to be gang affiliated because they feel like I got to you feel me, they don't have that mind stay up. Well, I really don't have to do that shit, you get me.
Speaker 1: I know, I heard a little cat say one day, and this really tripped me. I heard a little dude tell me one day, man, I want a dialect mean, I said, what do you mean you want to doubt? Listen? He said, Man, I want to go out. He said, I want to go out like gigga.
Speaker 4: It was, it was, it was, It was a rite of passage back in my time to you know, get arrested and go to places like ya or or you know, wayside or whatever.
Speaker 1: That was right of passage if you was.
Speaker 4: A motherfucking young hood nigga, Nigga, you finish, go do some time, Nigga, they finish sing you the Ya.
Speaker 1: Nigga.
Speaker 4: You come home like the motherfucking super gang banger you getting. That's the respect you get. And some of us like just life talking to the HOMEI rich, Yeah, Nigga, Shit, Nigga, I thought like nigg I thought that was everything, nigga to get arrested and then go do some time and then be up in the county and shit like nigga where you from?
Speaker 1: Telling nigga where you from?
Speaker 4: And ship now niggas nigga, nigga we official, So man, that was everything. As some mothersfuckers knowing is dumb as fuck you in jail, But that that was your connection, nigga.
Speaker 1: And it's crazy, man, because these little kids today, Man, I swear to God forever. The Russell what's the other brother's name with the dreads, Man, it's out there. It's a couple of positive cash that's moving, man. But I'm gonna tell you that the main draw is the beef. Man. Look at it, now, Look at this, look look at the whole shit with social media. Now, man, we've allowed motherfuckers that don't have no place in the culture to come in and be real taste makers up in his bigs. They just don't came up in hip hop and kicked their feet up on the table everything else and their opinion matter. They'll say some shit and have three thousand of the motherfuckers retweeting that shit. And these motherfuckers don't know the first thing about hip hop.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then and then it's like we forget who to be gangster own because it's like, all right, why they get to come inside the house and hip hop, kick their feet up, make all the money and disrespect everybody.
Speaker 1: And keep more shit going in a little bit. Man, if you look at the climate that's going on our dog, it's like, dudes don't replace women as the number one gossip columnists. Every podcast out there is on some gosp.
Speaker 3: And shit, yeah, mossap Man, gossip.
Speaker 1: Man, gossip Man. And I don't know if you get much worse than that. And it's some shit out there, crook that can get, They can really get motherfuckers hurt.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dog, this camera on this phone, who this a motherfucker boy?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying it is, And I think that's the thing today, man. I just think these kids got so much more shit to, so many more distractions, so many more ways to get eliminated, man, and they just I'm gonna tell you, this shit is addictive. I've seen grown ass men going this motherfucking lite like Boldfaced Live just to get some clicks and views, like like.
Speaker 5: Of course, yeah, niggas used to come in the barbershop line, get some pretention the motherfucker YouTube doing it.
Speaker 1: And I think just one person, it's a whole lot of people, man, And it's like beef is driving everything out. Man. You know, the title's gotta be more slationious and everything else. So I guess at the end of the day, Drake and Kendrick go both benefit from this shit, man, a great deal, because shit, Kendry, don't put this shit up on streaming site, so already you don't have this, Like I think he had like five million views in the first hour or some shit.
Speaker 3: Like that, number one on Apple right now.
Speaker 4: I mean, people just like I said, people unfortunate. We as black people too. We love some shit, love some bullsh some shit. We love to see some bitches duking it out. We love to see some niggas shooting at each other or beefing or talking shit to each other. We love to see another the next motherfucker, you know, put the next motherfucker down. It's like it feeds some motherfucker. You get me, like, man, I can't wait to see a motherfucker kick So and Soul's ass, or I can't wait to see what's so and so got to say about motherfucking or.
Speaker 1: Just like we couldn't wait for this shit.
Speaker 4: Man, I can't wait to see what Drake say about Kendrick. Now it's like I can't wait to see what Kendrick say about Drake. And unfortunately, you know, it's it's gloves off.
Speaker 1: You say something. He's saying something about the homies, old lady to us, gloves off.
Speaker 4: It's gloves off though, because now at the end of the day, it's still all about numbers. I don't give a fuck you get in this day and age, it's all about numbers right now. How many more can I stream than you?
Speaker 1: You get me.
Speaker 4: It's gotten to the point to where you, like you said, you would think that you would have the respect of like you know, well, I ain't gonna say nothing about your mama or your kids, you know. I think that's kind of the you know what we had as far as the cold, but there is no cold today. When it comes to the value of a stream, you get me, shit, nigga, if this motherfucker finna give me ten million more streams than hey, I'm gonna talk about your kids, I'm gonna talk about your mama, your girlfriends. I'm gonna talk about it all because people is waiting to listen it, they waiting to hear.
Speaker 1: Well, man, I'm gonna tell you this, and this is what people don't know. I was talking to the homie top Dog last night, you know, dude, though you know here Tde and you know, me and him was just talking. Man. We didn't talk talk very little about this shit. But one thing that he did say is that Kate out is his family and he don't appreciate cats using his name. You feel what I mean to even in senorate, any kind of disrespect, you know, right, So so he wasn't cool with that.
Speaker 4: Well that's what dude's gonna do. Like I said, uh, nothing is off the table. You feel nothing, Nothing is off the table. I don't give a fuck. And then, like you said, a lot of a lot of situations, money brings uh uh courage, you get me. Money brings that motherfucking that that green courage, that that that blue face, or that green dollar. Might a motherfucker feel invincible, So find the exactly. But that's a lot of people, you know, a lot of people who sit on a stack of money or feel they're untouchable because you know, I got a billion dollars, nigga, you can't touch me. So nothing is off the table for some dudes. Uh, That's what I said. Everything is is, it's everything. When a motherfucker respects you, you feel me, loyalty takes you nowhere. Man, respect half motherfucker's not trying you really as they know what you're about at this point. Like I said, at the end of the day, it's all about the numbers. It's all about the dollar sign and the numbers. Because niggas feel like they can say whatever you're giving me, I'm gonna say whatever for a laugh or a joke or a download.
Speaker 3: Absolutely I want to know this. I want to know do we need more great records? Are we lacking great records that can do.
Speaker 5: As much streams as a disc record, that could get as much attention as much love? Are we lacking those great records? Like could could those great records kind of shifted?
Speaker 3: Disfing and beefing ain't nowhere? We know that.
Speaker 5: But I'm just saying, like, more great records coming from artists, I mean global fucking great ass records like shit Niggas straight up minutes. That motherfucker is a great fucking classic record, dear Mama, great fucking classic record. If some of these guys that are going at it with each other, if they start concentrating on making great classic records, will that shit the game somewhat?
Speaker 1: You know what? I think, Krook, That's an interesting question, and I've asked myself that before. I just think that we in the ara man to where people to get somebody's attention is so difficult nowadays that you almost gotta be some doing some bullshit. It's like every corner you go around, somebody got something going on. Right. If you walk outside and you can see somebody fighting fighting, ain't gonna be as shocking as it normally would because you see it every day, right so, I think dudes is just going over the top right now. I think they're doing it because they almost have to. That's what I don't think.
Speaker 4: I don't think motherfuckers are influenced by making great records. The females want to tell you they got the best pussy, and the niggas want to tell you they got the biggest wallets. Nobody wants to concentrate on just making good music. If you get me, the females are all one. The females want to let you know, Hey, nigga, I got the best pussy, And then the niggas want to go, hey, nigga.
Speaker 1: I got the biggest wallet.
Speaker 4: Look at my Look at my motherfucking chinchilla covered G five nigga.
Speaker 1: You get me, you feel me?
Speaker 4: And every bitch is comparing themselves and compete of who got the best puss. Nough bitch, my pussy is the no bitch, I got the best pussy over he's real, bitch, I got the best pussy. You feel me, because that's all the records really are sustained about.
Speaker 1: You give me, what was you gonna say?
Speaker 5: Crook well shit, they got it. They got something else to worry about the minute, Like.
Speaker 4: All they care about right now is niggas is like, nigger, look at this big ass wallet I got. Nigga about Wiley's so big I had to break that motherfucker head on the toe truck.
Speaker 1: Nigga about wallet is so big, man, I'm gonna tell you, and I ain't gonna say his name because he wanted the homies. He told me straight up, he said, well, Hendrick can't win as better because he ain't got as much money as Drake. It's all about the wilet And I said, dogs, So you really just judging all this based on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because it's gonna turn It's not even gonna be about the lyrics. It's gonna be about who's the flossiest, and everybody you know that. You know, mister Man is flossy. You know, Kendrick not too flassy. Mister Man is flossy. So at the end of the day, people are more fascinated. People are more fascinated with your motherfucking pocket change. You get me, don't They don't give a fucking you know, Oh man, this nigga put out one of the dopest records of No niggas are more fascinated with how much money your motherfucker got. And you know that's the that's that's the that's what motherfucker's impressed is off of. You know, they're impressed off of the pocketbook, not the lyrical skills. They're impressed off the pocketbook. Wow, yep. And guess what.
Speaker 5: Guess what's gonna wipe their ass out in a minute, Ai nigga.
Speaker 1: Hell ya, it's coming, bro, Well it's here. What fuck you think? Kids?
Speaker 4: Pressed because a motherfucker can rap good? No motherfucker impressed because the motherfuckering nigga.
Speaker 1: This nigga rich, he's rich.
Speaker 4: Kendrick, don't portray that even though he got bread, my nigga, don't portray the you get me. Yeah, he not flos, he not you know, he not onto Rodge rolled up. You know, you know, all the pieces on and you know in the middle of the club, you know, with a hundred thousand and ones and you know, like you I'm I'm gonna rent out of baseball stadium to take a bitch to dinner and shit like that. He not doing all that money. But money impresses a lot of motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, the hommy told me that though though he said with dat, he said he ain't got the bridge, rake gut, he said, Drake get a million dollars a show. He can't compete with that.
Speaker 4: Like I said, some people are impressed with the money, and some people are impressed with just true the true artists, the true.
Speaker 1: Artists that the motherfucker is. You get me.
Speaker 4: When those evils don't infatuate you know, motherfucker like, oh man, I gotta go have my own plane, or I gotta have thirty thousand platinum watches and I gotta have a watch worth two million dollars and shit like that. You know, you're impressing motherfuckers that will never be able to have shit. Yeah, for real, Why you gotta impress a motherfucker that will never be able to have the shit? Yeah, that's great, just as normal and motherfuckers will be satisfied. But you know, hey, crook, Yeah, let me ask you this, bro.
Speaker 1: You being one of them dudes man that you know, put a lot into his lyricism, have you ever had one of those labels tell you that you need to dumb your shit down?
Speaker 3: So absolutely, But you know what I'm saying, like.
Speaker 5: I had it all broke, i'd have been on three or four major labels. So I done dealt with all all of that type of shit. Motherfucker come in and say, well, hey, maybe you should make a song like this, you know, and play whatever the latest dumb down hit is. You know what I'm saying, I done have niggas tell me that they did the research and if you say the same word at least forty five times on the record.
Speaker 3: That it's more likely to hit.
Speaker 5: And try to make all the formulas that they can make, and you know that's what they do.
Speaker 3: And uh, you know, I.
Speaker 5: Done brought them some things that I thought was crazy, and it was like, nah, that's you gotta go talk about some bitches in the clubs, some big boty bitches, and we need to hear you talking about popping bottles and you know, all that type of shit. And I'm like, you know, I can use my imagination and do that, But when I was young, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, Nigga, I'm not living like that. So I'm rapping about what I'm living because that's what I seen.
Speaker 5: The niggas who are hung they posters up on my little fucking wall in my shackle. That's what they was doing. So but yeah, you got an RS. They used to do that, you know what I'm saying. So I had to carve my own lane, you know what I'm saying. I had to say, all right, since I'm not gonna play by their rules, i gotta get off of their motherfucking game board.
Speaker 3: And go independent, and I gotta go and.
Speaker 5: Create my own community that's gonna support the art I want to put out because I'm not playing the game.
Speaker 3: I tried it too.
Speaker 5: I had a couple joints, one with a con on it when he was hot.
Speaker 3: I had another joint.
Speaker 5: Then motherfuckers wanted like two hundred and fifty to break the record.
Speaker 1: Yeah, couse money to break the motherfucking records, a million dollars.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, yo, you know what, I'm just doing my own way.
Speaker 5: I always been that way though, you feel me like I always I'm never.
Speaker 3: Scared to turn turn the corner on what everybody else doing and do my own shit. That's what I had to do.
Speaker 5: And you know, now, that's basically where the game is at for independent artists now. The shit that I was doing ten fifteen years ago. That's what everybody is doing now to survive. They got social media platforms, They building their own communities up.
Speaker 3: They selling their own communities directly to the consumer.
Speaker 5: CDs, motherfucking vinyls, motherfucking T shirts and hoodies and hats and all that shit. See, I've been doing that. That's how I stayed here this long, you feel me. But now that streaming is only paying zero zero zero point three cents on a dollar, now, a lot of people are saying, damn, I need to be doing this. You know this, so they taking up that business model. But business models change. Used to be cassettes, then it became CDs, and it became streams.
Speaker 3: It's about to become something else.
Speaker 5: So I just think that on an artist, they need to get ready for what's coming because it's about to change.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 3: It ain't gonna matter what kind of rap you make it.
Speaker 5: I don't care if you're lyrical, I don't care if you're not. You feel me is about to change again, and I hope niggas is ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, man, I appreciate you coming on here, manic shopping up with us to night. Man.
Speaker 5: Hey man, you know anytime, man, you know what I'm saying I'm going to gainst the chronicles. Man, it's King Crooked, east Side Long Beach hip Hop.
Speaker 1: You feel me certified certified. You heard me? All right then dog, I'm money.
Speaker 3: All right, My brothers, y'all be safe. Piece and blessing to y'all and the family one love.
Speaker 1: Well it was King Crooked.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I really hope this shit don't go to a place dog to go beyond rap because it hasn't fair too well with other communities.
Speaker 4: Man when it came to just funking with the West. Nah, Like I said, I don't, I don't particularly uh speak on people's or whatever they call themselves doing. You know, if it's dissing or it's beefing, whatever it is, that's just anywhere man. You know, when pride is involved, you know, and then you got people on the side, you know, you know, you don't know what can happen. So m hm, you know, you just gotta be careful when it comes to disagreements and hip hop as far as artists is concerned, because we've seen a lot of negativity generated from dudes beefing and hip hop and just gives us a bad name on just trying to create, you know, music and just have a voice for our type of lifestyle.
Speaker 3: You get me.
Speaker 4: A lot of us use this platform to speak to the masses of people to explain of where we come from and the walks of life we've been through.
Speaker 1: And it just it's just, you.
Speaker 4: Know, it turns into negativity because you know, niggas pride get involved, and some niggas want to stick their chest out and show how tough they are.
Speaker 1: Unfortunate.
Speaker 4: You know, football teams beef, but the end of the game, they don't be out there scrapping.
Speaker 1: Most of the time.
Speaker 4: You might got one or two personal issues, but you know, usually you can shake them. Mother Usually you can shake a motherfucker hand after competition.
Speaker 1: You get me like that.
Speaker 4: Even in a boxing match, you can beat each other's asses for ten to twelve rounds and then once that being bean go uh, you usually can congratulate a nigga, hug it up, shake it up. You know whatever. Hip hop is different. Like I said, a lot of niggas are street affiliated, even the dudes who call themselves you know, not those type of artists. You give me, yeah, and it seemed like you know a lot of artists now who gang banging? Who wants to claim gangs and you know want stuff, wants to affiliate themselves with gangs. N I said that singers included ain't just hip hop dudes.
Speaker 1: You get me, This.
Speaker 4: Life dollars is fascinating to a lot of motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: Putting that red or blue rag in your back pocket, man, it's fascinating motherfuckers.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: And you know, a nigga come from the other side of the motherfucking planet and he wants to be affiliated with this lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Man, it's just until he see it's a full time job.
Speaker 4: So you know, I'll just watch yourselves man out there, Like I said, Uh, it's a different it's a different day or different Uh, it's a different time when it comes. Like I said, sports motherfuckers, you got other motherfucker all kind of different different entities that motherfuckers do. And at the end of the day, you know, that's just what it is. You know, you have a nice day or whatever. We have ties to the streets, man, with this hip hop shit, and a lot of niggas still want to you know, feel like, uh, their association to the streets is everything, man, So I don't give a fuck. If I'm if I'm crooning a bitch or serenading a bitch, I'm gonna turn around the mall nigga telling nigga this is so and so, and this is this nigga. I clang crip of blood and we gonna get it on, you know. Yeah, y'all just gotta be careful out there.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 4: You you there's nothing to play with when it's beef. And you know when you when you can when it can turn left.
Speaker 1: Y'all had a homeboy, man, whose son? What's going around spray painting? You know, catch names straight payton catch He was marking cat's hoods up. Man. They killed that boy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's it's it's treacherous man. So y'all just be careful with what y'all doing, man, and that sitting on that note, man, Y'll make sure. May y'all subscribe to the channel, man, you know, hit that subscribe button, leave a comment, and we out of here.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 1: Well, that concludes another episode of Against the Chronicles podcast. Be sure to download the iHeart app and subscribe to The Gangster Chronicles podcast For Apple users, find a purple mica on the front of your screen. Subscribe to the show, leave a comment and rating. Executive producers for The gangst Chronicles podcasts of Norman Steel Aaron m c a Tyler. Our visual media director is Brian Wyatt, and our audio editors Tellor Hayes. The Gangster Chronicles is a production of iHeartMedia Network and The Black Effect Podcast Network. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeart Radio app Apple Podcasts Wherever you're listening to your podcasts