Speaker 1: Take a deep breath, Andrew, I'll try. Welcome to Cereal. Is that recording?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it says recording in the corner.
Speaker 1: Oh, welcome to Serial Killers. This is going to be a nice, calm, subdued episode. Today's Monday, August twenty. First, I want your heart rate down.
Speaker 2: It's down.
Speaker 1: I know you have a lot going on.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Let's just take a fifteen minute break from the world and eat some cereal.
Speaker 2: Great. Do you have the things working?
Speaker 1: Everything is working? Are you very calming?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: This is Serial Killers. It's a podcast where we talk about cereal, we try some new cereals, and we let you know if it's good or not. Yep, all right, So I think this episode I'm going to call let's go back to the movies. That's a that's a movie projector do they still have those?
Speaker 2: They do?
Speaker 1: Isn't everything digital now? Though?
Speaker 2: Now? Did you know Appenheimer they did in Imax seventy millimeter something or other film and they actually had to double the size of the real canister thing to play it because it.
Speaker 1: Was so long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, come with a special edition.
Speaker 1: I see. Well, So a couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 2: We did a were gonna have Appenheimer cereal. We might explosive, we might.
Speaker 1: A few weeks back, we did a movie themed episode, No way we did you remember, had teenage mutan Ja, Turtles a Day, everything, everything, and Lady Bug in the wasper yelled at me because you're like, it's not a movie, but it was. Remember what are you talking about?
Speaker 2: Guys?
Speaker 1: Oh, we're gonna we're going back to the movies. This is a movie themed episode.
Speaker 2: Oppenheimer Cereal.
Speaker 1: Where you going you wanna try some cereal?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Bye, okay, bye bye?
Speaker 2: And he got off Scott Fishing just talking about where are they are in your desk? You're talking.
Speaker 1: Oh, Andrews's gonna have to leave now all Andrew's gonna go and I'll describe what's going to be coming up in this episode. All right. So it's amazing how many movie serials actually are out in stores now, and some of them I didn't even know was a thing. Like the first cereal that we're gonna try I found in Walmart and was way on the top shelf. Wasn't even on the shelf. It was laying in the overstock section of the shelf. Didn't even know that this cereal was a thing, and the movie's been out for a couple of months already, so that's gonna be Serial number one. These actually are all going to be brand new cereals today, all of them. The second one that one I kind of knew was around, but I didn't see it for a minute and I was able to find that, and the Stu Leonards and the third serial is a movie that's not coming out for another two years, but for some reason, the cereal is out now, although I'm not quite sure if it is for the actual movie or if it came out because the video game is so wildly popular. And I'm not gonna eat anything without Andrew being here, but I'm gonna take out the first cereal from the cereal set going down here. This is Little Mermaid Cereal. It's from Kellogg's. And if you notice, there's a different front and a different back, so it is uh oh hey buddy, Hi. Yeah. So the first year we're gonna do this is a Little Mermaid.
Speaker 2: This is a weird box, right.
Speaker 1: I look at the front. In the back, there are two different characters.
Speaker 2: What are the characters? One of them is the Little Mermaid. Her name is the Mermaid okay, Ariel.
Speaker 1: And Ariel and the mean mean old lady.
Speaker 2: With the octopus foot and her name is mean Lady and octopus foot. I'm sorry, you mean tentacles. That yeah, Ursula, Ursula, that's right, Ariel, Ariel and Ursula, and the fish is Nemo flounder.
Speaker 1: I should know this because I have kids.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't wait for you to like, look there's this.
Speaker 1: There's Mickey's ears with the check.
Speaker 2: For the mics to be off and then for you to go. That was merely acting andy.
Speaker 1: No, No, I wasn't. I don't remember their names, all right, who did sky? What's is the crab on the top? What's his name? Sebastian Sebastian, man of Skalkal the crab?
Speaker 2: That is not the crab anyway.
Speaker 1: So, like I was saying, I found this on the shelf at Walmart. It was on the overstock shelf up top wasn't even on the shelf. So this movie came out in May and it's still in some theaters.
Speaker 2: Didn't you know that? You did?
Speaker 1: You?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: It was okay.
Speaker 1: It's called mermaizing Berry, so you know, a little play on mermaid and amazing. So Mermaids is I wouldn't know that naturally flavored with other natural flavors. And there was another cereal not long ago that looked just like that with the stars that it's just kind of they just repurposed it.
Speaker 2: You know, the dye, thee in the machine all the time, the dies. Yeah, that's what I say, right, yes, family size.
Speaker 1: It smells It smells very very you know what it smells like. It smells like mixed berry dan and yogurt. Very specific you actually, yes, I agree with very specifically real fruit bits inside of it. Yeah, fruit on the bottom. You know what, I could really go for it. I would love some goat right now. I don't like googurt because I like yogurt that has chunks in it. I like real fruit yogurt with chunks.
Speaker 2: Hey, I'm a sporty, active person on the go. I need my googurt to do the same.
Speaker 1: They put them in kids meals at fast food.
Speaker 2: Please that high when they thought of that.
Speaker 1: General mills, Hey, you know when yogurt needs to be portable on the go. Yeah, this is weird, all right. So they're stars. I got blue, yellow and orange marshmallows with speckles. No marshmallows Yeah, it smells much more pungent, more amazingly berry than it tastes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm not getting amazing from it.
Speaker 1: No, it's not very im amazing.
Speaker 2: I mean I give it like three bowls and the and.
Speaker 1: The flavor disappears real quick and you just get the cereal.
Speaker 2: Here's what I want to know what and maybe one of our listeners know it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Or advertising for these cereals? Is this included in the marketing budget? Like are they like, oh, when we do the rollout, we're also gonna have a little Mermaid branded cereal. We're putting out like two hundred and fifty thousand to like get a whole bunch of boxes in it. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I have no idea what you're saying.
Speaker 2: So like for movie promotion, right, have your posters you have like take Barbie as the perfect example, which I'm shocked there was no body no Barbie cereal insane.
Speaker 1: I wonder if there ever was one. I should know that, but there should be.
Speaker 2: But they set aside so much money for all these campaigns. I wonder if Disney sets aside money specifically for cereals because this is advertising. Well, so how much does this cost. That's when I want to not have.
Speaker 1: A partnership there. So who knows. Maybe Kelloggs just acquires the rights and they don't pay for it.
Speaker 2: The Kellogg's gets the license and they're like, hey, we'll make your cereal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then we'll split it with you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, maybe things that I'm interested.
Speaker 1: I give it two balls on a spoon. It's not spectacular, not more amazing. It is definitely not amazing. So then I found this one. I had seen this one on Instagram and all, you know, the cereal stuff, and I hadn't seen it. I hadn't seen it in stores yet. But then I found it. It's Stu Leonard's of all places. You know, they've really stepped up their cereal game. They have a lot of stuff in there that I hadn't seen before. So check it out, Andy, it's limited edition Spider Man across the Spider Verse Cereal.
Speaker 2: Oh I wanted to see this movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well now we can try it in serial form.
Speaker 2: The first one was so good. Yeah, I liked it a lot.
Speaker 1: The movie. Yeah, I didn't see any Spider Man movies.
Speaker 2: Spider Man. This first Spider Man movie was so good. Won the Academy Award for Best Animated Features.
Speaker 1: It did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Will remember when he said this is going to be your last thing.
Speaker 1: You're right, You're right. I'm sorry. Shouldn't be playing Alice in chains and shaking boxes in your face. So this movie came out what in July, late June? Do you recall June June? Yeah, it smells this one smells berry amazing as well?
Speaker 2: Yeah not really, No, I don't get any of This.
Speaker 1: One is Spiderberry. So this is a berry ish with marshmallows.
Speaker 2: We'll want to know what's really interesting about it? You have? This is General Mills, right. The other one was Spider Man is a Marvel property.
Speaker 1: Which is also Disney.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so they don't They're owned by Sony, but they don't care about brands.
Speaker 1: They go all whoever right across the board.
Speaker 2: Across the board. Did you see the accident I made in the vacation especially didn't call me out for it.
Speaker 1: I didn't even look at it yet. So these are little balls since it's General Mills. They look like they look like Cocoa puff size balls, but they're berry, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is that coco puff size balls?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So it looks like they made it on the Cocoa Puffs extruder.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you know, yeah.
Speaker 1: But it's just berry and there's some marshmallows in there which are a little what.
Speaker 2: It smells like Barry Berry kicks.
Speaker 1: It doesn't you say that all the time.
Speaker 2: Well, because a lot of things smell to me like berry berry k all right, it shouldn't be my fault.
Speaker 1: I like on my leg the marshmallows are like what are those? Are those? Uh? Those are spider Man masks? And what are those? Yes? I think those are Christmas trees webs.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: I really only taste the marshmallows. Yeah, I don't know what's going on here.
Speaker 2: It's a weird taste. They kind of feel plasticy.
Speaker 1: Yes, and I think it mirrors the Frankenberry. So this is pretty much what this is Frankenberry in different shape.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: That's exactly what this is. And I'll tell you right now, because Frankenberry's on the shelves are ready for Halloween. I'm gonna bring in a box of Frankenberry. You're going to close your eyes. You won't be able to tell the difference. Okay, not even kidding, not even kidding, no, like, no seas. Yeah, this is Frankenberry, different shapes, that's all it is. What do you give it, Andy?
Speaker 2: I give it two balls and a spoon. Yeah, I think it's just me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm gonna give it. I'm gonna give it three balls. It's pretty good, but it's not great. Yeah, it doesn't taste just like this episode. Pretty good, but it's not great because your head's not in this game. You know, you're you're a little all over the place. By the way, I must apologize because we said that this episode is going to be a very special episode and we were gonna have something to tell everybody. But that's gonna be next week.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, cool.
Speaker 1: We had to push it, push it because they're working on the artwork, the artwork, artwork, working on it, working on it. There's there's a few logistics, logistics that we have to you know, take care of for sure. Anyway, uh so, I guess what do we do now? We take a break right after this, Sure, move in to the country, don't eat a lot of pitches. We'll be right back.
Speaker 2: And we're back.
Speaker 1: There was no commercials there either. Okay, that's cool. Great. You know what you didn't have to get You didn't have to fast forward. I don't want you to be triggered. No, no, I know it's not you. I think you put the thing in the hole. It just doesn't always, you know. Take okay, right, yep, you want to be out of here so badly.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm just I have a lot.
Speaker 1: I know today's Today's a day. I get it. But neither you or not you can record tomorrow. So we have to do this today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, next week for vacation when we're gonna prep for our vacation. We should really just bang out a bunch.
Speaker 1: You're right, but we both have to be able to do it at the same time on the same day for sure. That seems to be a problem lately of late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I can't wait for you to take it to the full show and.
Speaker 1: Andy no missing a gi no, no, no, no, no, no that then it just may be some guest co hosts.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's gonna happen. We'll be fine.
Speaker 1: It is what it is.
Speaker 2: We'll be fine.
Speaker 1: All right. You're ready for a movie serial number three?
Speaker 2: Is it like an actual big movie? Can you give me hits? Well? Let's play a game. Well, take a game out of it.
Speaker 1: I said it at the beginning while you weren't here. Okay, you want to make a game, all right, so let's make a game. This movie is not coming out until twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know what it is? What paw Patrol?
Speaker 1: No, Jason Momo, you already held Minecraft. We had paw patrols Minecraft. Yes, because I saw it on your computer the other day. You're such a.
Speaker 2: Beautiful soul.
Speaker 1: Why do you cheat?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, why do you want to play a game?
Speaker 1: If you said, what do you mean? You saw it on my computer?
Speaker 2: You had a Minecraft and it's a Jason Momo was starring. And then we had like a whole two minute conversation about it.
Speaker 1: Why are you looking at my stuff?
Speaker 2: We we like spoke about it.
Speaker 1: I don't think we did.
Speaker 2: Also, hold on, you're getting pretty liberal by saying that this is from the movie years two years. You can't just drown out the truth.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about? Minecraft?
Speaker 2: It will be a movie, but right now it's a video game.
Speaker 1: Yes, but it's got to be a movie.
Speaker 2: Okay. So so if I heard that Frosted Flakes was going to be a movie. Oh, well, that doesn't work because it's frustrating.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I have a Superman Cereal came out right now, Eventually it's gonna be a movie again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they only have it for the Superman movie.
Speaker 1: Now there's comic books.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there are comic books. You're right. Anyway, It's like if I knew Czech serial was being announced. It's like saying like, oh, it's gonna come out in twenty twenty eight, but it's coming. This is now a movie serial. You're pretty liberal on that. Why you should have waited until twenty twenty five when it's the official Minecraft serial.
Speaker 1: I could have done that as another movie cereal.
Speaker 2: Yeah you could have, right, you should have.
Speaker 1: Now we'll bring that back next next time. Maybe that's the one why.
Speaker 2: But this is not a movie yet. This is just Minecraft, the video game serial. This is based on the video game.
Speaker 1: I know. But it's gonna be a movie. No, this is at the movies.
Speaker 2: Let's do that.
Speaker 1: You want to do that one?
Speaker 2: Yes, that's an actual movie all right?
Speaker 1: Sorry, Tony, back to the sack for you.
Speaker 2: Ah, oh, I just hit my nose, not my news.
Speaker 1: All right, So sorry that I wasted the shake jingle We're gonna do Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory fruit loops.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, a movie. I love this movie.
Speaker 1: You know what, we can call this episode something the difference because this is also a berry cereal. This is gonna taste exactly like this crap because they're both Kelloggs.
Speaker 2: Great and it's more amazing berries? Was it? What was it? Mermeisy?
Speaker 1: Well, see this one. Your milk turns erry delicious. So the milk's gonna go purple with this one, okay, and we are using one percent milk today, by the way.
Speaker 2: Oh, I wonder if it's gonna have any fun side effects.
Speaker 1: Are you gonna turn into a big blueberry?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Or you're gonna float and burp? Yeah?
Speaker 1: So this movie comes out It was supposed to be later this year, but I bet it's gonna be pushed again.
Speaker 2: No, what we're talking about. This is based on December.
Speaker 1: No, it's not, Dear, Dear, he's dead, I know that, but it's because the remake is coming out this year, dear.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the movie's called Wonka Deer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they made this cereal for the movie that's coming out now, dear, and it got pushed so that's why the cereal came out early.
Speaker 3: Dear dear choose to not just call it wonk a cereal, and but Timothy Charlie may Orchell Chellum whatever his name is on the box.
Speaker 1: All right, pal, you'll see, you'll see. So anyway, basically, it's fruit loops with berry speckles on it, and it's gonna turn the milk purple, right yeah, purple Varuka salt style.
Speaker 2: No it was. It wasn't Ruka salt. Who was Varuka Salt? Was like the uh, I want to spoiled one, right, I want it now?
Speaker 1: Who turned blue?
Speaker 2: That was vile bloody duddy Violet Beauregard's violet pur e. This smells okay, hold.
Speaker 1: Up, it smells like fresh pint of berries. Also, it looks like it legit has mold on it, the berry speckles.
Speaker 2: The berry speckles, legit look like mold.
Speaker 1: That the milk is already purple.
Speaker 2: Okay, that doesn't sound a feeling.
Speaker 1: It's just weird because you think it's fot loops, but it's really not. There's nothing fruit loopy about this.
Speaker 2: I know it's fruit loops.
Speaker 1: It literally said fruit loops all over it.
Speaker 2: I just started paying it.
Speaker 1: I was showing you freaking two can Sam is right there, I know, but I was looking at him next to Jean Wilder. Who's dead? Who's Jane Wilder?
Speaker 2: I was the one who told you you didn't know his name. Oh okay, oh my god, you got me there bu zinga whatever you want, dude.
Speaker 1: There's really not much taste here at all.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's all run off into the milk. Right. Yeah's see, the milk is only slightly berylicious. I don't really taste it.
Speaker 2: It was like it was next to a berry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this gets two balls. It's weak.
Speaker 2: Yeah, two balls in a spoon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is weak. This is a disappointment. It's been sitting back in the sack for like two months already.
Speaker 2: Rotten tomatoes. This would get like in the fifties, this episode less. It would get a rotten rating.
Speaker 1: The whole episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it gets a rotten right, I totally get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I'm very excited for the Carla Marine and Anthony challenge that's on the way. Oh yeah, I don't know what to go. Oh hold on, I'm sorry, I'm all over the place. Can you grab that box back there please? We have we failed to mention that?
Speaker 2: Well, why did we do this on a bull chat when it's snacks?
Speaker 1: Because it's serial killer cookies and this is serial Killer's podcast.
Speaker 2: This is serial Killer's podcast. It's great, there is fun.
Speaker 1: Read the note. Oh wait a second, I read the note, but I think they made a mistake. Why because maybe they send these to a couple of different cereal podcasts. Oh no, yeah, what does it say? It's Dan and Justin. We love the podcast and blog. We don't have a blog so fun. We just thought you had. We just thought you had to try our cookies. We think you'll love them and can't wait for you to enjoy each deliciously nostalgic bite. It would be awesome to collab, definitely, just Stacey and benally kill the cookies. I wonder if Dan and Justin got the Scott at Andrew Box.
Speaker 2: Well, Justin, do you want to try one?
Speaker 1: I don't know, Dan, I'm not big on cookies these days. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You had three lobster rolls yesterday, Justin.
Speaker 1: Lobster rolls, not a cookie, Dan, a cinnamon toast question? You know what? Now, I'm really.
Speaker 2: Curious cookie crisp chocolate chip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's probably good. Somebody took the fruity pebble one. Who did? I think Elvis wanted it, so he tried it, you know, and it's okay if Elvis wants things, yeah, because that's when you go Dan and Justin Cereal podcast. Let's see, let's fine that uh you, I know it doesn't come out. I don't know how to find it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, thank you very much much for thinking of us.
Speaker 1: Yea, thanks you, Thank you Jessica and Rob, thank you, Dan and Justin, thank you. Stacey and benis as serial killer cookies. And they want to collab, but I mean, do they actually want to collab with us or do they want to collab with Dan and Justin.
Speaker 2: It kind of feels like opening a birthday present, but you're not sure if it was for you.
Speaker 1: This is definitely or if you get an invitation in the mail and that's addressed to a different person.
Speaker 2: That only happened to you recently, right it did? Lol?
Speaker 1: Did wasn't for us anyway? All right? So sorry about all that. What were we saying before that, because I'd like to go back to that. Oh, Carl, Marie and Anthony. Yeah, yeah, so we're gonna have some sort of challenge with them.
Speaker 2: I think what we could do and they can figure this out because they know more of these things. But what if we did like a charity challenge?
Speaker 1: No, I want to go on a game show with them?
Speaker 2: Okay, Why does it always have to be like a level up? Why can't we just do something on Twitch? It has to be like, let's do something where we get casted and have to fly out and then do this because we should be realistic.
Speaker 1: Now we should be on a TV game show.
Speaker 2: Great boo, but for right now, that's not happening.
Speaker 1: So a piece of Cereal just came up. It was a Barry Oh my goodness.
Speaker 2: So why don't we just scale it down and do something more realistic and just have a great time with it? Sounds good?
Speaker 1: Follow us on social at Serial Killers PC. That's Cereal with a C, and I'm Scott and that's Andrew just so you know, Justin and damn no, don't do that. You're confusing people that haven't been here before.
Speaker 2: I actually don't hate this Bury one.
Speaker 1: I don't love it.
Speaker 2: I would like to bump it up to it.
Speaker 1: Three.
Speaker 2: Did you hear that he's turning y.
Speaker 1: I'm starting to float up. Really, I need to fart to come down. Don't worry, it's coming. Wait you change it to three balls. Yeah, I can't make mine go up because I two balls is all I can give it. I don't like it, Okay. I haven't really seen this in wide release yet though. Yeah, hmm interesting interesting anyway, Thanks for listening.
Speaker 2: He's cereal cap on. It's investigating Detective Justin.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to Serial Killers. We'll see Wednesday, hopefully with a bull chat you will, but we may we may miss the following Wednesday. I'm gonn. I'm gonna be, you know, right up front and say that because you know the show's on vacation. I don't know if we're gonna time record it here now. Yeah, who knows. Maybe Andrew will have Scott on again and they can make fun of me, right newman, Right, all right? Uh, until we see you on Wednesday. Say crunch, Andrew, crunch. There was a lot of sugar today, I mean, did you eat now? I drank all the milks, very lactose. I don't feel good at all.
Speaker 2: You're trying to get the stomach pat noise again.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, i'll do that right,