Speaker 1: This is the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcast with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: This is Almost Famous podcast.
Speaker 3: We are here getting ready to get started on a wonderful evening at Palace in Palace Verde. Did I say that right? I think so Palace Verdes Verdas. However you want to say the Terranea Resort is incredible. Bob and I'm with Bob Guiney. We are going to be co hosting this whole evening. This is the baby shower for Jessica and myself and our new little baby girl. We're very excited about this evening and we have some incredible guests joining us. Bob, who's flying in for this evening.
Speaker 1: Well, first of all, I'm just so excited when we get to meet baby Angelique. I think that this entire event is going to be spectacular. I'm will fish the name out of you before the end of the night. It's either Angelique or Debbie I think at this point, or Bob Roberta. Roberta's a beautiful name. We've got so many people coming in. We got the Golden Girls. Yeah, who's at We got Nancy, Kathy, we got Kathy, Susan, we got Susan we've got I'm very excited about this one. We got Courtney Bug Robertson. Yes, I don't know where the bug comes from, but I saw it on our Instagram there. And then we got our husband, Umberto. I don't know how to say his last name exactly, but it's We're going to figure it out by the end of Yes, it was a lovely name. And then we also have, of course, Joan and Shock, Susie Evans, Susie's going to be here tonight.
Speaker 2: Jiggity john.
Speaker 3: Jonathan, Yes, Jonathon Johnson is that his last name, But he's Jiggity.
Speaker 2: J and J all night no matter what he wants or desires.
Speaker 1: I think he does desire it or it wouldn't be his moniker.
Speaker 3: Uh there, So most of them are flying in for this, Yes, most of them are traveling in.
Speaker 1: It's just an easy travel day for most. Yeah, I mean l l A connect everywhere of course, and then the yeah, you, I'm very thankful you're here. You had a wild travel walk us through what happened. It all started on a stormy day. No, it was five am in Michigan. I woke up. I was very excited. I had packed, I'd pre packed. I was very fired up because it was Ben's baby day, so I was excited to be invited, excited to be a part of it. I woke up, I'm all fired up. I shower, I'm out the door quietly by the way, because I have two young boys who I don't want to wait because that would make mommy not happy. And I'm out the door. I'm on my way to the airport. I get there a little bit early. I have a nice breakfast sandwich. Things are just going beautifully, and then as I board the plane, they tell us there might be a maintenance issue with some air supply, not the band, but the actual circulation of air within the plane. Three and a half hours later, we're getting off the plane. I'm texting everyone that matters here at our iHeart family, saying I think I'm in trouble. I don't know what's going to happen. There was one plane that went out again at twelve thirty, and this is again, this is eight twenty five that I board the plane, but I couldn't try to get on that plane until I was already kicked off. The other plane was kind of a long story. Anyway, we're here for him, I run across the airport from Gate A sixteen to Kate A seventy two, sprinting like Carl Jones, Wait, wasn't it Carl Lewis Carl Lewis across the airport and as I arrive, I get on the plane with there was twenty two people on standby. There were two seats available. I got one of them. So I made it. And maybe I would have made it without that. I would have walked. I would have briskly walked. I would not have made it without it. But I was trying, and I was like, I was like throwing out recommendations like hey, I might be able to podcast from my you know, closet at my house, and Amy Sugarman is like, absolutely no. This is all about top quality sonic experiences. So I just had to make sure we got it done, and therefore I charted the plane.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it, buddy, you literally charted a plane. You have a wild experience on your flight, then with some people, a new YU you even recognized a few times on this flight.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, so I don't care what side of the political eil you're on. I think she happens to be a great governor. The great governor of Michigan, Miss Gretchen Whitmer, was on my flight. But what a lot of people don't know was she was my buddy in college, so she had many years. She was in first class. I was relegated to steerage and on this flight, I was in middle seat, by the way, And on this flight, she glances over her shoulder and she's like, Bob. I'm like, hey, crotch, give her a big hug. And I go, I'm so proud of everything you've done. And she goes, I'm just a governor, You're a big time which I thought was really funny. We took a picture. I sent it to my wife. My wife now thinks I should run her government. Then the guy I'm sitting next to on the plane crazy. I'm looking at this guy. I'm like, God, this guy looks familiar to me. I've never met him before. His dad was my mentor in high school, who was the quarterback before I was in high school. He went on a play. He walked out at Michigan got a scholarship. I want to I walked out on Michigan State, got a scholarship. His dad and I like these two quarterbacks. Came out of Riverview, who you know, small school in Michigan, kept making the state semifinals, never made the finals. The guy was like, my one of my heroes. His dad and he's like, oh my god, my dad was just talking about you. You're Bob Guiney. I'm like, what was your dad saying about me? Was like super excited. He's like he said you were super cool and that you do all this kind of stuff. I'm like, your dad said dad. I'm like, I'm like, oh, I was like a great moment. So anyway, yeah, I had a really nice flight and arrived of course, comes here to Tyrannya, which I love. Our suite, it's the Imperial Palace suite. I don't even know what this means, sir as we would well.
Speaker 4: The imperior Palace, but we are in a little house. And Ben, how about you getting here?
Speaker 1: And was it a challenge for you?
Speaker 4: You had to leave Jess for your baby shower.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I left my wife because she is doing her baby shower in Nashville. So I left her today to fly here for this. Wait, is she in Nashville now or she leaves tomorrow morning?
Speaker 2: First thing?
Speaker 3: And so I'm replacing her so I can watch the dog nice. So I'm we're gonna be bypassing each other. In fact, I'll land as she's getting on her flight, excellent, and then i'll see her when she gets back. So she'll be celebrated and love done so well, and I'll be celebrated and love done so well tonight. I know this is very special. I'm very excited for her to be here, Bob. We have some incredible guests. Is there one as we anticipate the evening that you're really excited to talk to, Like they're really kind of like when you saw the list, you said, I cannot wait to have a conversation with them.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll say this. You know, one of the things that we're gonna do tonight is, if you don't mind, I'm gonna ask everyone tonight for a little bit of parenting and books because the majority of the majority of the folks we're gonna interview tonight have them. I think I think the Golden Ladies I love them very much anyway, Like I really enjoy them, and I think that the three of them together are just magic. I think Joan in shock. I'm very excited to meet them, very excited to talk with them. I'm a fan of his. I'm a big fan of Jones, but watching the season, I've become a fan of his and I'm excited to see their dynamic. But I'm also excited to hear the advice. You know, Like I think, I think we all think we know what we're doing, but there's no handbook when you have a kid, right, there's like, you know.
Speaker 3: The best advice may have ever been given. It's just like, hey, we're all building the plane and flying at the same time.
Speaker 1: And guess what, nobody's wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like, at the end of the day, your way is going to be your way and you're you're in Jessice. Way is going to be what you guys choose, and it's going to be your own choice. We've all been raised by parents that we think did a great job or some that didn't do a great job. But I'm not gonna do the same way my parents did it either. I'm gonna have my own little twist and I hope that you know that helps my kids. And I'm sure you guys are going to do the same thing and make the same choices. So I'm excited for you guys, and excited to see how the whole thing unfolds. I love you both as a couple. I think that having a child is going to be I mean, it's just a perfect fit for you. Dude. You're born to be a dad. I feel like you're kind of my dad in certain ways that I mean, you're like thirty seven years younger than me, but you also give me parenting advice all the time, which I love. I'll be like, Ben, what do you think I should do? And you're like, well, buddy, why don't you just buck up? And you know, you pull your bootstraps up. I'm like, thanks, Bud, you stop crying either. The best dad man, and and I think that you're going to be such a great dad. And I think that the two of you together are going to be so magical. You're gonna have moments though, and it's like that that happens. Your parents had him, your parents parents had him, and everyone has them. Just you know, just stay true to each other and and and come through it on the other side. I can't wait to see how it all works out.
Speaker 4: Is it starting to feel real? Because we're two months out almost exactly you.
Speaker 3: Tonight will be a night it feels real to me. Yeah, it's it's hitting. I mean, it's wild to walk into a room where things are pink. The themed girl. Yeah, it's a real girl.
Speaker 1: Christmas if I if I get paint the scene a little bit. Tonight we walk in our little villa. Here is decorated so beautifully. Man awesome Christmas trees, pink Christmas trees, pink stocking calves, and this is almost famous on the Little Teddy Bit Snacks delicious snacks by the way, which we haven't gotten eat yet, but we will. But like all sorts of like just wonderful treats. And everybody's like, this place looks so.
Speaker 2: Cute, it's amazing. So it's the best.
Speaker 1: Welcome to your future.
Speaker 4: Ready for pink, A lot of pink. Are you guys gonna do pink?
Speaker 3: Or she we're gonna do pink. Jessica told me we're doing pink. That's very pink. The nurseres pink. You know, I did the whole nursery. My mom came out and helped me with a little bit, and then Jessica helped me finish. But we wains coated the whole room tops, pink bottom is Winnie the Pooh themed wallpaper.
Speaker 2: It's it's really actually it's done. Nursery set up.
Speaker 3: I mean it is crib's ready, dressers ready, everything's in place.
Speaker 1: You go in and look around at times and just yeah, it freaks.
Speaker 3: It's just like freaky, Like it's so peaceful in there. We have a rocking chair with this big old cushion on it, and I sit in sometimes I'm just like, not too long from now, like this be this chair will have meaning. It was my great grandfather's rocking chair, so it's been passed down. Yeah, it feels very real, very exciting now to finish this whole thing out. Boby, you and I have one thing we are going to argue about. You're a Delta guy. I'm a United guy. I'm reaching my one one million miles on United.
Speaker 2: And I know you just.
Speaker 4: Recently peanuts to Bob.
Speaker 3: Two million people in general, two million miles on Delta.
Speaker 2: Yes, if you had to all of again, would you have switched to United?
Speaker 1: I started United? Actually, well I shouldn't say. I started Northwest Airlines, which then turned into Delta, but then Bachelor put me on United. I wasn't born yet, and such horrible experiences just as an airline and as a people. No until O kidding, I tell kiddy, I think I think these are both great airlines. I'm a guy, so like, you know, you.
Speaker 2: Go where your hub is, where my hus at Denver, you got.
Speaker 1: You gotta be a United guy. You gotta be a nightty guy. And I'm a Delta guy. I will say this, had it not been for my status Diamond two million, I superseded twenty two people to get on a plane to see you today. And I will say this to those other twenty one people who probably had major family obligations and incredible difficult moments they were encountering. Sorry sucker, So it's okay. I will say this. I did kept saying. I kept saying to the Delta people, does my status help me here? Yeah? Like what's your status again? I'm like, look it up two million miles diamond Google and they're like, uh yes, mister ginny. You get a seat on the plane. I was, you know, back seat on the hump middle, but I was willing to take it because I was like, I was like, I gotta make it you guys, like I've been here since the crack of dawn.
Speaker 4: You two both travel so much? Yeah, both of you.
Speaker 1: Well, you know it's funny like when I lived in LA, I didn't work in LA and that's why I left l A. I worked in New York, Florida, Texas, whatever, and I like it. I might as want us move back home. That he tried to be close to my dad and you know, the whole thing. And I still don't. I don't work any Troit obviously, I'm everywhere else. You know. It's like it's interesting to me because I'm always flying to go wherever I have to go. But I like it, like I don't mind it.
Speaker 4: Do you like it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's been seasons I do like it. I like traveling. I like going around. Not as much now since Justice home, not as much now that I have a dog.
Speaker 2: Probably be less than when I have a kid.
Speaker 1: Not less, although an occasional night away yeah won't be bad.
Speaker 4: Do you like that you two like you two are bunking together tonight. I love like, will you have like some bro talk?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm big spoon. What we do this?
Speaker 3: Three bedrooms and one of which will be used.
Speaker 1: At you.
Speaker 4: I have a boy question because ladies. When we travel, we definitely enjoy the bathtubs, Like, would you guys ever consider taking a bath tonight in that giant I mean it's a giant like tub.
Speaker 1: You know that? Ever a different way, So when Guinea and Grimes would be on tour with Scott Crimes, I would walk in at Grimes taking a bath all the time.
Speaker 4: How did he feel about you walking in on.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'd walk like a bubbles I'm like, what the hell's going on?
Speaker 4: Can we give a shout out to his redo of the bay Watch theme? Though? It's really fantastic, Like it's like actually amazing, and I tried to buy it on iTunes? Can you get me a copy of it?
Speaker 1: So good?
Speaker 4: Oh, it's so good, Like I literally want to have a party where he comes and sings that thing.
Speaker 1: He'll do it in a minute, it's so good.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Dobbie, I know it's so iconic that he totally read. He's the voice though. I love Debbie Gibson, but she's really the backup sing yeah and sorry, talk to me about the bathtubs.
Speaker 1: Scott loves bath and so we'd be on tour and we would do like twenty shows in a month, let's say, and every night. I mean, now, it could be a nice bathtub like this, or it could be like you know, the nights in with purple drapes and like craziness in the tub is nothing you should ever set your ass, let alone your feet in. He would be in it bathing, and I'm like, what's going on? He's like, I just like to think of bath you know, it's kind of calms me. And I always thought it was so funny.
Speaker 2: I'm not a bath guy. No, not a bath guy.
Speaker 3: We have a big old soaker tub at our house that we put in and I I've never gotten in it. Yeah, I've never. I'm not a bath guy. I'm a hot tub guy, not a bath guy.
Speaker 1: Well you are clearly hot.
Speaker 4: What about what about a heating pad guy? Did you guys notice I till yes, Oh my buddy, do you want me to leave this yere tonight to like?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is nice, it could be nice for a lower lumbar.
Speaker 4: I'm take a cozy shower, not together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'll take Probably you have a hot tea. I don't think I've ever been up anywhere where there's a hot tub where I don't get it. It's kind of obligatory.
Speaker 4: Outside it's not like, you know, like it's not the fantasy.
Speaker 1: Fancy the hot tub. On my Alaskan date with Kelly Joe, I learned.
Speaker 4: Something amazing about you guys, So I have a I have bachelor knowledge to drop that you guys can tell me some tea. Yes, that I just learned that kind of made my head explode.
Speaker 1: What.
Speaker 4: I don't know if this was around for Bob, but Ben, this should have been around for you. That they want really badly to get a hot tub moment happening. They will provide the hot tub. So like they will bring the hot tub to where the date is to get y'all in the hot tub. Hold on, meaning it doesn't have to be a place like say you're at a winery and it doesn't have a hot tub.
Speaker 3: You never watched my season, there was literally a hot tub sitting in the middle of the Desert Sugarman.
Speaker 1: Resort in Alaska. On my season, there is no hot tub. They make a plastic pool, yes, into a hot tub. It's not warm.
Speaker 4: No, it's like you know, when you're out like a buffet and there's like that candle underneath the silver that's how I heard they do the hot tab.
Speaker 1: It wasn't anything more than that because we couldn't have the heater would not be on because it would ruin the audio.
Speaker 4: So it was cold, like look ice cold.
Speaker 1: First of all, it's at the base of a mountain in Alaska and there's not a hot tub there.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, there's a hot tub in the middle of the desert.
Speaker 2: Like, that's not a thing.
Speaker 3: No, there'll get in. They literally like truck it in.
Speaker 4: I learned this yesterday.
Speaker 1: Garden hose plastic tub lighter.
Speaker 4: So it doesn't have the proper chemicals.
Speaker 1: Oh I got weird rashes?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Did you that happened for your show too?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah twice.
Speaker 4: And let me ask you, is this because they want the shirtless bikini moment or do they want hoping like some kisses happen.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 2: They wanted me without my shirt on as much as possible with me.
Speaker 1: They wanted me to wear a shirt and they were trying to pack me up with a thermal whatever.
Speaker 3: Whatever average body you've got is going to relate with so much of the American public.
Speaker 4: What was your thing?
Speaker 2: That the perfect bend?
Speaker 4: The perfect bend, that's caused him a lot. He needs therapy from that. Wait, does this before you had the worm? Does everybody know about that? Then was essentially sick his entire season.
Speaker 1: I noticed you got skinnier.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my shirt off. I just look good.
Speaker 1: Well anyway, I will say my season of the Bachelor, they found ways to put me in sweaters. You get him in a turtleneck, we ensconce him in a snowbill suit.
Speaker 3: Uh, this is going to be a great night. The guests are going to arrive here in the next few minutes. We've got to get prepped. We've got to get ready.
Speaker 4: Struggling some wise like words as we start your baby shower that you're feeling about becoming a dad, I mean tech.
Speaker 3: You're a dad now, yeahnam My wise words are this, be present, be patient, give everything around you a ton of grace and understanding.
Speaker 2: And with a baby.
Speaker 3: Girl, the best advice I've been given is to represent what a man means to her, and let your wife represent what a woman means to her and carry those roles very specifically, but also with a ton of love. And that's my hope, that's my desire. And then I'll take any other advice I can get because I'm walking into this thing and I'm winging it like most podcasts.
Speaker 1: A man, I think you're doing great. I think kindness is key. I think about that all the time with my kids, Like, whenever I get super irritated with whatever, I'm like, man, if I can be kind here, then when they when they have the same situation at school or with their friends, maybe they'll emulate me a little bit and they'll be kind. And so I as much as I want to go bananas, I'll be like, oh, let's try to not do that. You know, but I think you got it. You're you got to figure it out. You're already a great dad and you aren't even technically a dad. Yeah, I guess, but you're going to be a wonderful dad. And you and Jess are going to have such amazing kids. And I think we set up arranged marriages. Now. Yeah, my children, uh, they're they're a little bit crazy. Uh, yours will be kind and sweet and wonderful and we'll just when they compromises.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and let's uh, let's be excited about what everybody has to say tonight. They all traveled in for the for this, and we're sad there here.
Speaker 1: Everybody loves you, buddy. I'm excited to hear what they had to say, and I'm excited to be a part of it. So thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: Well until next time, I've been been, I've been, Bob and Amy's just been sitting over here hanging out.
Speaker 2: And see you guys later
Speaker 4: With the Ben and Ashley I Almost Famous podcasts on iHeartRadio or subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts.