Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Stocks are waivering a bit today, but we all are still trading your record heis, and we're confronting a high stakes earning season that we'll put this rally to the test, so there is a lot to discuss. We will do that with Bailey Lipshalt, a senior equities reporter on our team.
Speaker 3: Here, Bailey, what are you watching?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I want to start with a name that maybe is a bit more niche. Ast Space Mobile ticker ASTs stock's up seventeen percent. Guys, the stock is up four hundred and sixty five percent in the last twelve months. They operate in space. Their big mission is to compete with Starlinks, so they really want to use kind of their constellation in the sky to be able to beam internet connection directly to your phone. They're partnered with AT and T and Verizon or AT and T and a number of other provide. But the big news that is driving the move today is that the missile Events contract status was updated. According to the company, they're now going to be in a position for the US Missile Defense Agency's shield program connected to Donald Trump's Golden Dome effort. This is definitely a retail favorite. I don't know if I'll call it a meme stock, but anytime you see space, clean energy, or the kind of other industries like quantum, it typically gets people excited.
Speaker 3: It gets me right. Yeah, a popular one on Reddit.
Speaker 4: Definitely one on Reddit. They have a following called the space Mob. Also relatively heavily shortened, about seventeen percent of share shortened. Was closer to twenty five a little while ago, but certainly a volatile ride.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's definitely a defining characteristic of a stock popular with the retail crowd.
Speaker 3: All right, you're also looking at banks, but somewhat smaller than the big banks.
Speaker 4: Smaller banks, regional banks. You got to give them their time in the sun. An eighty seven billion dollar company PNC financial ticker is PNC right now. The stock got more than three percent tritting at the highest level in about four years, which is crazy to say, I keep forgetting its twenty twenty six. This came after the regional bank beat expectations on revenue EPs, coming in ahead of what analysts we're looking for you look kind of at the initial reaction from the cell side, basically calling out their net interest income and II basically how much these banks make off of loans. Better than expected modest balance sheet growth though according to BARED analysts, but certainly seems like the fundamentals under the surface, improving credit trends, things of that nature.
Speaker 3: And one more that's on your list today, Bailey.
Speaker 4: Looking at the worst seller worst performers in the S and P five hundred, talking about those energy socks. I know you guys are going to dive into this in a bit, but looking at Vistra ticker VST right now down close to seven percent, Constellation Energy down almost eight percent. Ticker for Vistra's VST Constellation is CEG. This comes after President Trump and governors of a number of states here in the Northeast pushing for an emergency wholesale elect tricity auction that would encourage tech giants to pay to basically to play. So we're seeing some of these companies that have been long riding this bull momentum on second and third derivative plays around the AI theme underperforming and also just going to call out the outperformer in that kind of industry ge Vernova, Tick or GeV they make wind sales wind turbines. They're up about five and a half percent.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.