Speaker 1: Welcome into the Official Chests Podcast.
Speaker 2: Dangling a stake in front of the lion and you ain't got no cage in between you. He gonna get to that state.
Speaker 1: So let's go inside the matchup.
Speaker 3: I motivated Aaron Rodgers. Is it Dangerous? Aaron Rodgers?
Speaker 4: Game Day and every day? Score a jewelry touchdown with Kendra Scott. Shot Fashion and find jewelry fit for another winning season at your local store or at Kendrascott dot com. Shine Bright, do good with Kendra Scott. All right, part, let's start right here. Garrett Wilson's catch against the Houston Texans.
Speaker 1: Where do you rank that all time?
Speaker 2: I'm saying as far as like dynamic catches, like one hand catches, stuff like that, I mean, I mean, I think the comparisons to Obj's catch is is ballot, right. I mean, I'm sure some catches that we don't know about, that we forgot about that you know, to put in there. But you know, those one handed catches is a within there in themselves, right. So you look at what he was able to do at the time and how important it was. People forget that in the back back in o'dell'll catch, you know, they lost the game, right, this was gotta have it after Fashional Uh had the holding penalty, which I don't think was a holding penalty. I mean, first of all, let's start there. What I'm saying is this kid is special man. Yeah, everything with class and dignity and just being able to just go in and do his job no matter where they need him.
Speaker 3: Left guard, right guard, left tackle, right tackle.
Speaker 2: They got this from right and I think, you know, for years to come, they're gonna appreciate that, you know, like you know what you know they do the redrafts, they don't leave, they don't leave.
Speaker 3: Leave him right there like, no, the Jets did right like.
Speaker 2: They don't start saying that other people that passed on him should have took him before they got He failed to the Jests and how he fall into the Jets. It's gonna be a story one day in the future. I mean, I'm so excited about that. And you know, I always talk about things I'm excited about. I thought, you bore what he can potentially be for this team. He can be a Kyle Yuchecks. Maybe this is me just being bold and crazy, but you know, anybody that can perform that well on special teams, and its shaped the way he is shaped like, I think he can be the perfect h back Isaiah likely to this offense, and I hope that he gets more opportunities to make an impact because he's one of those guys I think just as a playmaker, and I think if you really sit down and water it, water it, nurture it, and let it grow, I think you can have somebody that can be a unique talent in this league.
Speaker 3: Just my small opinion.
Speaker 4: Well, you always got a lot of love for those special teamers who turned regulars later on in their career.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Man, but he just he just kind of gets it, like like, Okay, everybody knows that that past is something that everybody does, but he had the patience and the timing to make sure that he can act it out, sit there and block block and then fall out like that, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: But he has a little a little bit more wiggle.
Speaker 2: But he also can be one of those guys I think that you can have these matchup nightmares with if you want to have him moving and and doing some of these wos and throwbacks. And also Corey right, one thing I noticed is they use him light a lot in that in the in the run game, his willingness and ability at his size to to block in the run game.
Speaker 3: And I think, you know, I was so excited to see him.
Speaker 2: I know it's a bone head play, and it's one of these things these young guys do that they don't understand that when you're running, your arm is always swinging behind you. So even though your body's in front, your arm could be in back depending on what leg and what arm you're you're you know you're running with, so you know, but just those little things I think added some pop to their offense. And if those guys can be able to make two or three more plays, or get two or three plays a piece, then that's six plays within in the game where guys who you don't think and not really on your Scottling report could surprise you because you trying so hard to take these other pieces away.
Speaker 4: All right, So what was different about Aaron Rodgers in the second half? He said he played horrible in that first half in the Jets season reached its midway point. At halftime, they're trailing seven to nothing there to the Houston Texans. But he came out firing in that second half, three possessions, three touchdowns, two incredible scores to Garrett Wilson, and then he gets old buddy Devonte Adams his first scoring grab with the Jets.
Speaker 3: Well, like, for me, what changed? I think they kind of got on the same page.
Speaker 2: Now Mike Williams is going to have to be a lot more pivotal in these wins. The fact that you know he didn't know who to go to on the screenplay to Conkling is like a bit alarming than knowing that it's not a lot of pre snapp of communication, because those are things that Mike has to clean up.
Speaker 3: He's too talented to have like these mental these mental lapses.
Speaker 2: But when you look at the fact that Aaron Rodgers empty recognized it was cover zero, How do I know its cover zero because I have a safety and the slot pressed up, not back, pressed up against my receiver? A great one in Devanta Adams. Devanta Ams to win off the line and basically kind of hold it up, you know what I'm saying, and walk in touchdown was just a symbol of the non verbal communication. But the more impressive one was the thumbs down where he knew it was a small window that he couldn't keep running once he cleared and beat the guy off the line, which he made him fall. Rookie, So sorry that you got to get Devanta Adams on National TV in a pivotal moment to learn your lessons make him fall, but also to sit down in that hole before he of course get up ended and hit his head. But you know, he didn't keep running because he knew he would. That would be to the safety, and Aaron did that. So I'm starting to see those non verbal communications started to make sense because we thought it was just going to be, you know, pass baton, we pick up where we left off. But I never realized until I heard Devanta Adams talking that he was playing the Z and normally he plays the X.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, so he's still learning.
Speaker 2: He knows all the concepts, but he never really did those things right because the ex is the guy that's going to get the ball the majority of the time, and I'm sure they didn't want Garrett to have to learn new stuff, so they put the heavy lifting, the heavy learning of Devonte Adams. So I'm happy that, you know, they're starting to figure it out a little bit more too.
Speaker 3: I still wish they would run the ball with Breache a little bit more. I wish they.
Speaker 2: I tell you what, like the greatest form of flattery. Imitation is the greatest form of flattery. And the play that they keep running to Mixing, which is a wind back, is a play that the Jets should major in because you have the big athletic left tackle, you have the Maler and Simpson who you know or fashion New where you can get that double team let the defensive end go take a guy like your ball, wind him back and hit the defensive end and have breist Hall press that hole and then wind it back. They ran that play maybe six times with Mixing and was killing. That's actually the play that we used to run with Jonathan Ogden as well when when Jamal Lewis went for two thousand yards. It's a wind back because it allows your running back to keep his shoulders square so that he can have the jump cut back to the backside, and once he presses the hole downhill, it holds the backside and the front side linebacker because you're coming downhill and then at the last moment you're basically setting your block up and getting back out and then it's either insert safety or somebody that has to make that play, and you know, I wish to Jets would do that because I know they fall in love with this little lateral looks like a looks like the Ricky Williams speed sweep where the receiver goes and then the running back runs sideways and then you know his shoulder pads are fit the sideline and then he makes that cut. I don't like that for you know, it's cool, but I like Breseett and Brailn going more downhill with their shoulders. The play that Houston runs in the staple for Joe Mixon, who runs it so well. I think it's something NA should practice and still because it allows you to use the physicality that you have and the versatility you have, you know from your offensive line.
Speaker 4: What do you make of the learning curve of Davante at the Z you touched upon it before? And why can this be effective for the Jets him operating in that at that spot.
Speaker 2: I mean, because it's just it's another weapon, right, the better he gets, you know, Like you saw, it wasn't that Stingley was solely on on Davante, but a lot of time was spent on Davonte because the respect that he gets, and it was kind of like, who's the fish. How many people have two good corners? You know, you really can't have two good corners. You can't really pay two good corners, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean.
Speaker 2: So the fact that you know, you get favorable matchups and whoever's eating that day is eating. You know, if Corley can step up and give him something, and Mike Walliams can step up and give something, if your ball can step up and give him something, it.
Speaker 3: Makes them hard to defend.
Speaker 2: And it's gonna be important in imparative that they put up points to try and take the Cardinals out of this vaulted run game that they have, which includes their quarterback, something that the Jets have been struggling with because as great as McDonald has played, and he should have had another sack, uh, you know, Tunsail, he gave tunsl real problems and Tunsel was one of the best we have in the business.
Speaker 3: But how many times.
Speaker 2: Did we see him lose the edge, you know, like and it's it's like, come on, man like, And I understand he hasn't had a lot of experience, but for one instance, they had a cut, they had a tight end maybe a yard he was detached, maybe a yard yard and a half. When a guy is that close, you don't line up inside him. What do you think he's about to block down on you? And it's a boot to get outside. That was the big play to Tank Delle. What you do if you're a linebacker, I mean, if you're if you're a linebacker, you line up right, you line up in the same spot. Then maybe two seconds between the the the play, you move out and you say, bor, why do you line up inside like that at first? Because once he sets he can't move. You can always move, So you line up there because he's lining up based off of view. So then once you get out, he can't do his job. And now they know that the whole player is disrupted, just because you use your football acumen understanding that if he starts out on this tight split is because he's trying to take the edgeway so that the quarterback can get outside so they can take a shot. What would have happened, just with the knowledge if he would have lined up there and then he would have lined up outside, he would have got an easy sack because it's nobody that could have blocked them he would have got an easy sack and that would have stopped in the gated a huge play that hurt the Jets right after they came back.
Speaker 3: And took the lead.
Speaker 2: Right So it's just those little things football actmen that they.
Speaker 3: Have to continue to grow with.
Speaker 2: Right now, McDonald's playing just pretty much on athleticism and instincts. But I needed him to slow down and understand what splits me, what formations mean, and start doing the math and eliminating the things that can hurt us or hurt him and enable him from doing his job.
Speaker 3: And that just comes with experience.
Speaker 2: And I wish sometimes some people they have to teach a young guy like that, those type of tricks, the savvy vest tricks. That's why I'm hoping her signed Reddick when they watching it, like hey man, like don't ever fall for that. Like when they used to put like a bunch out there, the three, the three like a little bowling pins. We were always we didn't care how wide it was, if it was super wide, we would still get outside of it because we know that they can't stop you from getting that. They can't force you inside if you're outside of the box, and it slows everything down, so we would press and get somebody outside the box, knowing that usually the guy on the outside of the bunch is usually the guy that's responsible for running like the under route. Well, if he's leaving, then that creates a short corner for you to come off at a weird tight angle. It's like being in a wide Banderish old school Detroit Lions wide nine or the old Vanderish Tennessee Titans, where he's just outside of everybody and then you can close that distance easy because they got nobody can block you. And if the tackle is responsible for blocking you, you're so wide out that it stresses the hell out of him. He's so nervous that he got to get back because you're so wide outside of him that he basically turns his shoulders and so sets himself up for undermove. So those are the crazy things, just like you can win just by using your brain before you ever have to use your body.
Speaker 1: That's football five o one right there.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 4: So you're saying, line up inside, he's gotta declare so he can't move with you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he can't move on once he lines up, he can't move.
Speaker 1: Then you move outside.
Speaker 2: You set that he's saying his head like, oh dang it. He's like, no, Aha, you stuck. He has to freeze you a defender, you can move whatever you want.
Speaker 4: Yeah, eight sacks and c J Stroud.
Speaker 1: This team's got the kryptonite of this guy.
Speaker 4: Last December, they really took it to him as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the game last year and a couple of times he was laying on the ground. I thought he was out again. Yeah, but you know, they got a great team, and we do recognize that, Hey, you're you're without this and that, But we don't take those excuses from anybody because we're out Jermaine Johnson and he's probably the second most pivotal person on that defensive line that we have.
Speaker 4: Hey, you mentioned and rightfully, so what oh did stepping in a right guard? Here's a kid who played nothing but left tackle on college. He cross train maybe the second week August at right tackle here in the National Football League, and then he's thrown into a game he's playing right guard.
Speaker 1: You got Max Mitchell playing left guard. How about this safeties? Man?
Speaker 4: We got to give them some love too. I really like what I've seen out of Jalen Mills. And then Isaiah Oliver has played all over the backfield for this team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: I think if you can harness anybody that plays with the spirit and the energy kind of like of with that passion and sometimes when you play fast and you play hard and it overcomes mistakes. Jalen Mills has been that player, right. If you know he's that energy guy, people can step their game up and matches energy. I think this team could be at a different level. The thing is you need a couple of guys that's infectious like that, you know, that are like like energy guys, right, you know what I mean? They're generators. They go out there and they give power to everything that they hooked up to. And that's why I think that they need to do They need to continue to grow that uh it needs to spread because last year when they play, they play with so much passion, but now they they're under so much stress because they understand their margin for error so slim that they're forgetting to play with that passion, joy and love that's essential to being able to play care free and play fast.
Speaker 4: What would you do if you were in that locker room and that's your team at Melchai Corley and you're playing on the other side of the ball.
Speaker 1: Maybe it's halftime, maybe it's after the game.
Speaker 4: What would you say to the young man who's obviously just trying to make a play and he executed it all the way up to six inches across in the plane.
Speaker 2: Well, I just say, hey man, listen, you you had an opportunity to do something big and guess what what? Just something I want to tell you. You haven't scored a touchdown before. You might want to hold on to that ball anyway, right, You might want to give it to him so you can get that and document your first touchdown. So I'll say that. But also I say, hey man, listen, we got a lot of game to go. We're gonna need you at some point. If you get another opportunity to make a play, we need you to step up and make that play. But then, after seeing the game's over, you tease the hell out of like, oh, like what did I drup?
Speaker 3: You just start dropping stuff? Oh, drop my wallet. I don't worry.
Speaker 4: I told the follows if I was in that position, crossed the plane, I'd run right back to the bench. And the person the first person I'm looking for is Vito Vito Cantanto and saying, hey, listen, let's put the tape on the ball and we're gonna mark this and put it away.
Speaker 2: Yeah exactly. Or you know, I think I think they should still give him a ball. I think they should get it. They should get still give a ball and say your first almost touchdown, you big dummy.
Speaker 3: And like, moments like that defind your entire career.
Speaker 2: When I say that, like it's certain things that you do that cost you, Like I still remember, like I think I was the second grade. I fell for a reverse and I never gave up a reverse ever again in my life. Yeah, that's how much it sticks with me. And this moment would stick with him forever. He gonna be the high and tight king. He ain't gonna drop a ball, spike a ball until you hit the ref whistle and signal and then he gonna do something.
Speaker 3: He'll never drop a ball again.
Speaker 4: He's a great dude. He's got a lot of character. You can't help what roots for the guy. He made a mistake. Everybody makes mistakes.
Speaker 2: But you know, you know what, you know what Maham was watching No not my baby, because they start showing you all the like between him in the in the Master job of the kid that hit the long snapper, which turned out to be the greatest playing in football history because he took points off the four.
Speaker 1: The just finally got some breaks in this game.
Speaker 4: I mean it feels like for the five games they couldn't catch a break. Now you got Houston's kicker, who is an elite kicker, missing a chip shot field goal himself.
Speaker 3: Right, fair bear man, go ahead and talk about slices.
Speaker 2: You know, this is what I was really nervous about because I didn't want the new kicker to come down to happen to kick a kick, you know, far to be able to figure you stuff out.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 2: That's why the Garrett Wilson thing was super important, that he can make that dynamic catch.
Speaker 4: Hey man, you gotta like Patterson's extra point though. I mean, he's got a flair for the dramatic.
Speaker 2: Right after seeing him with the Rigorshet, Like, why couldn't we get a little Rigohet action some of the other games when when Greg was kicking, because you know, those things shanked out.
Speaker 5: The Official Jets Podcast is presented by Kendra Scott, the jewelry company that's shining bright and doing good shop game Day Ready jewelry, styles and so much more at kendrascott dot com.
Speaker 4: Hey, let me ask you this, what do you make of momentum in football? Because in baseball everybody says momentum is next day starting pitcher for the Jets right now, little room, little room freer, little margin freer. I mean, we can make the argument nine gets you in this year. Ten's definitely gonna get you in. But regardless, the Jets gotta go on a run here.
Speaker 1: How can they carry over what happened in the second half?
Speaker 2: I mean they have to because what happened is you know this, the stillers in the Broncos have the have the tiebreakers ahead?
Speaker 3: Do you?
Speaker 2: You and dans like, oh, yesterday, you're probably rooting for Miami just so they can bring the buffalo down where they can be at striking distance. But then you tell yourself, well, if they win, they're gonna be more energized and juice when they play us, So maybe we want them to be buried and say, you know what.
Speaker 3: Tour, let's not risk it. Let's just get ready for next year.
Speaker 2: And you hope that maybe that can happen, so you know you can you can have those in the bank, or seemingly in the bank with a much easier test because that team is so much different when Tour's they're opposed to Huntley or whoever else they have there or at the backup quarterback position.
Speaker 1: All Right, styles make fights.
Speaker 4: You mentioned Arizona before, Jets going to the Mountain West this weekend playing a Cardinals team that suddenly has won three games in a row and are a top the NFC West.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they're inspired, you know, I mean, you got They're led by James Conner, who's a tremendous character.
Speaker 3: Guy. Can't believe he's still running the football. I don't know how old he is.
Speaker 2: You know, you talk about a guy that beat cancer and the cancer survivor that continues to inspire.
Speaker 3: He runs hard as hell. He's a tough nose football player. Man.
Speaker 2: I feel like he's been there ever since Bruce Aaron was coaching Arizona, and he's like it feels like he's still there. So it feels like he's been there like eight years. You know, you're gonna you're gonna see Beach him out there as well. Guy that's you know, the Jets know very well that's still playing at a decently. You know, decent level McBride is a weapon. So you got a good tight end, you got a generational, second generation outstanding receiver. You got two great running backs, one being a real running back and the other being a quarterback that you talk about not being able to circle. You bet you better make that guy throw it out a well, and don't don't get undisciplined and losing your edges, because I watched this dude hit the corner at the fifty yard line and he put the peace sign and guys were still ten yards in front of him, and he outran all the angles and he knew it once he got to the fifty.
Speaker 1: Is it easier preparing for a guy like Murray?
Speaker 4: Not because he doesn't have unbelievable athleticism, Obviously he does, But knowing that every time you turn the corner here in the hallways this week, they're gonna be talking about gap integrity, you gotta keep him from getting on the outside.
Speaker 2: So here here's the thing, Like when you play, when you play teams like like they have quarterbacks like that. What we realized from like how we used to prepare for Michael Vick, we understood that he wasn't tall, but we understood that the same lanes that he ran through he needed.
Speaker 3: To throw through.
Speaker 2: So what we always did is we distorted his vision in the middle to make him have to flush to our rush. So that means running time, games, me games, all kinds of games, and inside and having everybody else hold up, because what that does is that makes guys have to pass games.
Speaker 3: That means that you're passing. So now he never sees color.
Speaker 2: So it's like it's opening and closing, and he has to figure out when it's open. One if somebody's open, but two when it is it about to close, because it puts him under pressure to make the throw. And that's when you see him, you know, buying time. I think one players watching eight seconds. That's not fair to any dB. I don't care who's your dB. Eight seconds is ridiculous. But he's a guy that also breaks your contained to run, but also breaks the pass because he'll retreat, step up, retreat again just so he can just throw some ball up. And you know, it's hard to cover anybody that long, especially when you's then at that point there's a scramble drill. It's no routes that they're running and it's not like they're running, oh, fifteen yard comeback, So they're just getting open and sitting in spots and he's good enough to find them. It's gonna be a tough test.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it certainly is rush defense.
Speaker 4: The Jets have had their difficulties on the scrambles from the quarterbacks.
Speaker 1: We saw Joe Mixon get on track this week.
Speaker 4: What is it gonna be for the Jets in terms of you're not gonna keep these guys off the board getting yards on the ground, but you don't want them to control the game on the ground. How do you get how do you control in terms of getting them into second and long, third and long as opposed to them dictating on their terms because right now Arizona's been dictating at the line of scrimmage.
Speaker 2: I mean, if I'm being completely honest, the defensive line and gotta stop jumping around blocks. It's you know, this is one of the things that gets him in tremendous trouble because it's the ultimate boom or bust scenario. We call it the path of least resistance, Like you can't be sitting there and then trying to swim somebody because you swim them, you're widening the gap, and that's maybe what they want you to do. Sometimes you have to sit on that double. You have to constrict that gap. You gotta get the outside shoulder that man when he's trying to kick you out, you gotta push him back to make that gap smaller for the running back to go through. And knowing that if it bounces to your gap that you can release off of the block, arm over the elbow, come back, don't walk off the blocks, either rip off or swim off, and then make the tackle. So really, what it is is is that the defensive line routinely like takes the path at least resistance, and that's just not sound football. You may be able to do something special once because somebody fires out and miss you, and then you able to go make a tackle.
Speaker 3: And all that stuff.
Speaker 2: When you're talking about sixty or forty forty thirty five runs, it's gonna hurt you more times than not because for the one time you able to get it, it could be that pivotal play where they hit the head on the goal post.
Speaker 4: Do you think when we flip it to the other side of the ball, the jet's gonna have potential to score a lot of points in this game. We saw the offense take those steps in second half last week.
Speaker 1: Very encouraging.
Speaker 4: You talk about you still want to see more from Britestall in the run game, just more opportunities for him. But the past game is coming on with Aaron Rodgers. You gotta figure the mini buy has helped him heal up some of those elements that he's dealing with in the lower half of the body. But Arizona got after Caleb Williams. The Bears offense is not the Jets offense. When you look at Arizona, does it start with their safety Buddha Bank and then you work your way from there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean if Boodabaker is the key, like he's a dynamic player, he's a tough player. He's a guy that a blitz, but he also is a guy that understands spacing and he's a guy that's competitive in a run game.
Speaker 3: You know, he's not the biggest guy. He'll come down, he'll hit you.
Speaker 2: So they have to do a good job and identifying him, but also you have to you gotta attack him as well. I mean, I think if whenever, like whenever you're the best defender on their team. They're gonna think that our guy can get it done. So if you can find ways to isolate him and get him against your great players, whether it's Dvante Adams or Garrett Wilson or even Breis Hall, you want to try and explore him because if you can take his soul, then you can take the rest of the teams.
Speaker 4: Okay, what's a tougher game for the Jets right now? Arizona on the road or Indianapolis at home. We're gonna take Arizona here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll take it Arizona because you know, Joe Flacco got injured.
Speaker 3: We don't know what his health is going to be.
Speaker 2: They have a quarterback that doesn't have a lot of confidence right now, and Quentin and Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 3: So you want to be.
Speaker 2: Able to say, you know what, let's let's let's let the rook continue to struggle as getting his head. Let's make it difficulty if the boo birds come out. He was a guy that had, you know, unforgivable played the week before by you know, tapping out doing a pivotal third down as the quarterback to be taken out of the game and He took a lot of criticism for that, which automately led to his benching what.
Speaker 1: Do you make of the landscape right now?
Speaker 4: You've mentioned Steelers before, they're sitting there at six and two. You got the Ravens six and three, A half a game.
Speaker 3: Out now is who I worry about?
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the charge this is what I want to get to when we're looking at the Jets landscape. The Chargers are five and three, Denvers five and four, So there are two games up on you, basically two and a half. Because they beat you in your building.
Speaker 3: They're gonna play. They're going to play people though.
Speaker 4: Okay, you got the Colts at four and five and then Cincinnati at four and five.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't worry about Cincinnati since NXT four or five. I thought they was like, oh well okay, but they still have the Ravens twice, so I don't Thursday night, Yeah, so I don't worry about that. I think the Ravens knocked them out so they can lose seven right there, just playing the Ravens.
Speaker 3: I look at I look at really San Diego.
Speaker 2: I mean the Chargers, Los Angeles Chargers, because they're going to beat each other within that division because they both probably still have to play. I think they have to play Kansas City one more time, but then they also played each other. So Denver Denver schedule, I don't have enough in front of me. But it's no cakewalk. I still don't think that I still don't think that that the Stillers. I don't think the Stellers make it. You know, I'm bold on maybe thinking that the Stillers are going to lose maybe about six.
Speaker 4: You being on records saying that you think Pittsburgh's gonna come back to the pack.
Speaker 3: A little bit, Yeah, I think.
Speaker 2: I think when you look at their record now, like Jameis Winson gave us one good game, but he also gave us a bad game.
Speaker 4: Here are the games part that Jets fans will be paying attention to.
Speaker 1: Obviously, the Jets gotta win.
Speaker 4: We know that they gotta win, and they gotta get on a streak.
Speaker 1: They gotta stack them up.
Speaker 4: But in week time, you got Cincinnatia Baltimore Thursday night, you got Buffalo's playing at Indianapolis. He got Denver against the Kansas City Chiefs in Kansas City, Tennessee at the Chargers.
Speaker 1: And I also added this.
Speaker 4: One in there, even though Miami's behind you right now. But I thought they were interesting offensively.
Speaker 3: They should they should.
Speaker 2: Have won if Poorier winn and took it personal, did something stupid on thirty nine and gotta got a helmet. The helmet they would have been punting to them with them for a chance for the game winning field goal, opposed to giving them a first down and then losing.
Speaker 3: With a sixty sixty one year yard field goal, I believe, yep.
Speaker 4: And then we can love it Week of Love and you got the Broncos hosting and the Falcons. You got Cincinnati visiting the Chargers. That's gonna be a very good game. Colts at the Jets, and then Vegas at Miami. And then I'll just read week two. I'll just read Week twelve real quick. Detroite it, Andy Baltimore at the Chargers another.
Speaker 3: So you need to your room for the Ravens there.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 4: The Broncos at the Raiders, and then the Jets and the Bengals have buys in Week twelve.
Speaker 1: That's what's ahead the next three weeks.
Speaker 2: So just to kind of support what I've been talking about with the Stellers come off a boy, the Stellers got the Commanders, who's hotter than them. Then they have the Ravens. That could be two losses. Right there, they got the Browns. Let's say they beat the Browns. Right now, the Bengals are playing for their life, right, so let's just say they lose to the Bengals, right, So that's three losses. Then they got the Eagles, who's playing great. That could be four losses. Then they have the Ravens again, that's five losses. Then week seventeen, they got the kan City Chiefe. That's six losses in my opinion. And let's just say for Farx and Giggles that they beat Cincinnati and put Cincinnati out out of their misery. That's still that's still eight losses for them.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we're circling Pittsburgh.
Speaker 2: I don't think I don't think Pittsburgh would be favored and any of the games outside of the Cleveland matchups, I don't think they'll be favored against the Bengals, the Chiefs, the Ravens, the Eagles, or Washington. But you know, so that's a lot. That's a lot left. That's why I think they made that move because they knew they couldn't They needed to score points against those teams.
Speaker 4: Yeah, jetsay have a lot of ground to make up against everybody that's starting this week with an outer conference game against the Cardinals. I know a lot of people would say, Okay, if you're gonna lose one.
Speaker 2: We got time for that, bro, Like, we don't have a cushion where it's who you two. You're righty, lots of people you ain't supposed to lose to start with the Patriots.
Speaker 1: That's right, no cushion at all.
Speaker 4: Jets have to get to five and six by the bye and then see where they're at.
Speaker 1: Maybe they can get some help along the way.
Speaker 4: And like you mentioned before, when we look at the schedule, which is fun to do, we can do that. They're not doing that down that we can Yeah, yeah, they're not doing that downstairs. They know they just gotta win a game here coming up against the Cardinals. But as they get to five and six, and then you have some of these teams playing against each other, so ultimately you're gonna win no matter what the outcome is.
Speaker 1: So uh, it's all fun to take a look at.
Speaker 4: Right now, Kendrick Scott make a choice to see the good in every day. So let's call it three Jets who will shine brightest versus the Cardinals.
Speaker 2: Bart Scott, Well, this is one of the games where I think Hassan Reddick and his veteran savvy of always making sure that he stays outside and you know somebody else is doing the work on the inside, and he gets the easy sacks because he's just disciplined. So I think I think definitely Hassan Reddick his third game. It's hard to talk about his third game his second game because the second game was basically a short week, so that's really not a time where you can learn and get the preparation day because its a short week. I think this is a week where he shines. Also, this is a week where I'm really interested to see with all the criticism that Sauce is taken from his ability to tackle and make plays in a run game.
Speaker 3: You don't think that James Conner.
Speaker 2: Is going to make sure that he's trying to see him how bad Sauce really wants to tackle.
Speaker 3: But just from a.
Speaker 2: Body body composition standpoint, I'm just interested to see, like Sauce and Marvin Harris go against each other basically they're basically mirror images of each other.
Speaker 1: I like that.
Speaker 4: So you got to you got Sauce Gardner, you took Hassan Raddick.
Speaker 2: And I'm just gonna throw I'm just gonna throw Fashion out there, just because I think even if everybody comes back healthy, if ver Tucker's healthy, if Simpson's back healthy, I need to see Fashion in at that extra tight end, and I need to see that run game get busy because he's when you put him on the on the field, he's one of the better players on the field. So if you put him out there, you always find ways to get your good players out there. He can really affect, you know, the ability to get to the run game going because you're basically going with the extra guard or extra tackle. Whenever you decide to put him out there, you can. You don't have to you don't have to put him on the edge right, you can put him at right tackle, make Morgan Moses the tight end. And and now because so now he Morgan Moses is taken. Really you're helping Morgan. Yeah, So now the double team comes with Verry Tucker and Fashion new and he can work up to the second level to create all these vertical scenes, like most people feel like, oh, if you're going in as an extra tight end, he should go play tight end. No, just put Morgan Moses out there because you want that. You want that pit bull, that Rock Wilder grabbing that defensive end. Rather it's t J Watt or some high end guy and you can be the guy that helped. So, like, you know, the one thing we haven't gotten is the proper blocking, the blocking at the level that we need in this run game. You know, from the tight end position, well, fashion New has earned the right to be out there because he's been outstanding. You talk about being able to hold up in the passing game if you decide to make that a pass. Now you got four guys that can go out on the route, but you feel confident that you can be able to get some shots. I think one of the worst things, you know, one of the most disappointing things about this offense. With all the talent, they haven't been able to take shots, right. They ever take a shot on the Garrett Wilson wan, they ever take a shot with Devontae Adams. But I feel like, much like Russell Wilson, they saw it on the other end if you take you know, two to three shots every quarter. So it's three things that can happen. One thing is bad for the offense. Two things are bad for the defense, legal contact pass in affair, or they catch it. Like we know that if you can find a one on one anywhere, the odds of the receiver I mean the dB intercepting it is like zero to none. He may knock it down, but he's not going to go there where he's gonna try and make a play on it because if he misses, it's nobody behind him. And so but to do those things you need with the type of skill positions that we have. If you're able to create a lot of time for Aaron Rodgers, so gods can get open, he'll find an open matchup, especially if it's four out.
Speaker 4: Okay, so what Bart says, take your shots now? Remember his three stars to watch last week, three Jets that we're gonna shine brightest.
Speaker 1: Devontae Adams. I think he had seven catches for ninety one yards.
Speaker 4: Got an arizone you want, Quentin Williams, The key dialed up another second a half. The Jets had eight sacks and Quentinnin Williams was really coming into his own and you what, bres Hall and Brece Hall again get it done on the ground. So this week Hassan Reddick playing one of his former teams, so I'm sure he's going to be interested going back there showing Arizona what.
Speaker 1: They can be using.
Speaker 4: Uh you say, Sauce Gardner with that matchup against the former Ohio State star Marvin Harrison who had a fumble yesterday, So he's still a feeling out process for him.
Speaker 1: And then you are high on Olu fashion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, get him out there, make me look like Socrates.
Speaker 4: All right, brother, let's see Let's see it here at the complex on Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Sounds good.