Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of Hoodie and the Woke Popes. That's courtesy of Lacaroni in reference to the Hoodies, ask the Hoodies, Ask the Hoodies if he's doing a good job, and also the Woke Popes shout out to the woke Pope? Are I woke Pope? My name is Jack O'Brien. That over there is mister Miles gret Yes, oh no, you don't need to re up that, no, please, just it's just me, Miles is It's still wild to me? The media spectacle of every pope death like it is the big deal man. Yeah, yeah, yeah they are. There is breathless, round the clock covered. But what happened when Ratzenberger? Whatever? The last fucker? Did we care? When he resigned? Oh? He resigns? He is he at im still alive? Oh? Ship, I think that fucker is still alive? Man?
Speaker 2: Oh Benedict Yeah yeah, well nah he died in twenty twenty two, but I don't know if that means he died, like did he resign?
Speaker 1: Well no, no, he resigned and then died.
Speaker 2: Ah, okay resign and die yeah he's yeah, he did a he did a classic resign and die, which is very uncommon.
Speaker 1: Still, that was twenty thirteen. Yeah, yeah, that was a long time ago. Wait, I mean this pope, so woke pope was around for I mean he did it. He did his bid on the stand on his head, twelve ars old, his head. Damn. Okay, my boy. But I remember Pope JP two, John Paul the Second died when I was working at ABC News, and man, it was like, I don't know, like that washy pope. That was the Pope's pope. That was the pope I grew up with.
Speaker 2: For sure, that's the pope I saw being parodied in every film.
Speaker 1: Right because he just like couldn't move. He would just like move a little finger.
Speaker 2: He's like just like he was the most normal looking white guy. So it's so easy to find it look alike to be the pope. And like comedy movie, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Very elderly, no older, get me someone even older. Yeah. But yeah, so we we do have more news on his final hours, or at least the official narrative of his final hours that didn't involve him making the jack off hand gesture at jd vance so hard that his arm ripped off and he died from injuries bleeding associated with doing the jack off hand motion at jd Vance. This is the official account. You know, the Pope appeared exhausted during Easter celebrations on Sunday. It nevertheless greeted the crowd and drove around Saint Peter's Square just like the image that he's driving around. He's like doing wheel just one in Saint Peters Square, cheered by thousands of wrapped worshippers, driving like Marshawn Lynch when he would take the exactly that is exactly what I was picturing. Do you think I can manage it? He had asked strap Edti before taking the plunge, with medic in whom he had complete confidence, reassured him. Whoops, wait, what do you mean? Take what plug? What is he talking about? Taking the plunge? He did a cold plunge, right, but no, he uh before before doing the appearance. So his final Easter appearance was unexpected. People hadn't seen him in person since he fell ill earlier in the year, and it was unexpected for a reason. It was a bad idea apparently. Uh. He asked strap Edti and Strapetti was like, dude, you got this buddy, whoops. Okay, So the pope spent the afternoon stir Sunday resting in his Vatican residence Cassa Saint Cassa Saint Marta, and had a peaceful dinner. On Monday. At around five thirty am, the first signs of illness appeared, just being there. What do you even the first signs of illness? This motherfucker been ill, I know. More than an hour later, he waved to Strapetti from his bed in what the media site described as a gesture of farewell, two fingers pointed to the sky, accompanied by the phrase deuces is what we have to assume. He did the thing where he kissed his hands and then made that deuces baby, also remarked on how he was about to make those conclave motherfuckers a bunch of money, tell them to thank my ass before falling into a coma. He was declared dead seven thirty five am. So it was quick, apparently peaceful, did not suffer at all. Happened quickly, good except for Strapetti, who's like, damn, damn bro. He waved to you like he's like, should I feel bad? Nah? Nah? Dude. He wasn't trying to make you feel guilty, dude. I think he just was saying bye to you. Dude. Yeah, dude, he was trying to haunt you. Bro. I guess I'm leaving then, thanks man. Hey, good call on this not being too much for me.
Speaker 2: Rest well for the rest of your life that you're probably feeling fine about all this.
Speaker 1: Anyways, shout out to the woke pope. Woke for a pope. Let's see any and MTG hated him, so okay, no finer testament to one's character. Hell yeah, MTG being like, yes, God killed him Jesus Christ. All right, let's uh, let's talk about a couple of things that were missed in the past few in the past few days of just the general uh zone flooding of bullshit. So one thing is that the White House has changed the official like White House web page for COVID information to a it looks like a New York Times like long read article, like they got interactive one that has like graphics and stuff. Yeah, they like it's just it's Donald Trump. A photograph of Donald Trump backed by the words lab leak and the letters are like as tall as he is. That's the implications of that visual, aren't great, right, It's like, did you come out of a lab? Donald?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are we saying here? But again, his ego like just that knows no bounds. So it's like he has put me there next to lab leak.
Speaker 1: It looks like it would be a New York Times article that is blowing the case wide open about like COVID actually being a lab leak that Donald Trump did himself, but he's he's in between the words lab leak. But anyways, for people not overly familiar, there are two competing theories about where COVID nineteen came from, and no smoking gun has proven one or the other correct.
Speaker 2: That's where they they love that bit of uncertainty because you hear the shit.
Speaker 1: Got the internet. The internet sure does. So there was a lab studying coronaviruses and wuhan at the time of the virul outbreak like that in and of itself, it's just like the circumstantial evidence is pretty right, pretty strong. So that led a lot of people to be like, come on, what are we talking about. There's just a lot of non circumstantial like actual evidence evidence pointing in the other direction that it actually happened at the local wet market the official version of events, Like a bunch of the early cases were people who worked at the wet market. There are a number of like genetic markers that suggest that it came over from an animal and not the lab. So like evidence evidence suggests this was actually just a weird coincidence that it happened to have happen close to the lab. But you know, I mean there are questions and like the CIA under Trump has like gone from lean you know, wet market to lean lab leak. But that's not The implication from the White House website is like, no, this is this is the official stance. Now, you know, we're going to use our making up the truth superpower to pretend that this is an open and shutcase. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean it makes sense because Trump he's so worried about his image and COVID you know, that happened under his watch and the response was fucked.
Speaker 1: So I think having this.
Speaker 2: Like you know, this new sort of historical account that has now been you know, etched in stone on the White House website and making it look like some kind of malicious act from an outside actor, then the lab leak theory absolves him of any perceived failures in that and it's like, look what they did. I mean, they were fucking us and that's your story, rather than like, this thing happened and you completely are fucking stupid and you fucked it all up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's I mean he wants to. This is also probably part of his trade war with China. And you know now that he's trying to ramp up tensions with China as much as possible, he's going to be doing shit like this using the real one real lever at his fingertips, which is changing his website, making up the truth and having a bunch of people believe him. But so, another detail that people have pointed out is like China has not been altogether forthcoming cooperative with the investigations into the LAB. I will just say, like, were this the United States, and like China was trying to conduct an investigation into something fucked up that happened in the United States, I feel like the US would not be like, yeah, come on in, just lock up on your way out.
Speaker 2: You know whatever FI is, just take that hard drive man, Yeah yeah, no, yeah, it's all. It's got everything.
Speaker 1: It's got Trump's ego, sinophobia, trade war, everything, everything, that's right. Let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back. And it's been a while since we checked in with RFK Junior and he, uh, last week he made some pretty shocking statements about autism, like even shocking for RFK Junior. Yeah, that's bad. Whad So, first of all, he made some disparaging comments about the autistic community, including false claims that autistic people don't pay taxes, can't work, don't date, and also can't play baseball for some reason. Wait, what I know people that do these things?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but okay, they'd taken from them to play baseball, do TikTok dances.
Speaker 1: He also said that autism was preventable and that he would come up with the real cause of autism in just five months as part of a research project involving hundreds of scientists from around the world, which experts have called misguided and unrealistic. And so where's he getting how's he doing this? Well, he's amassing private medical records from federal and commercial databases and handing them over to various outside groups working on this complete bullshit project. Cool cool, cool, cool, cool cool cool. Yeah, they're just going to put people with autism in a database and track them.
Speaker 2: Wow, wow, wow wow, I love Yes, this always leads to good things when you put people in a database who are different or perceived and like and this is an out group that we are now defining with a list. Is it to give people benefits.
Speaker 1: To study them and try to cure them, try to change them? So it's to track them and change them, which usually goes well, it's yeah. I mean, this family doesn't have the best track record when it comes to people with special needs, I'll just say. And he seems to be the worst. He seems to have all the worst parts of the family. But the autism vaccine link was obviously popularized by a study published that was completely like the The person who published it was forbidden from practicing medicine. The article was retracted. It's like one mistake that all of these people have jumped onto.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and like also, I think that guy also was developing his own.
Speaker 1: Version of an MMR vaccine.
Speaker 2: And the part of this was to pooh pooh the existing ones so then he could be like, but mine doesn't and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now here we are.
Speaker 2: I'm sure many of us know people who now believe this to be the gospel truth and are now.
Speaker 1: Just like Noah, here's fucking vaccines. And I don't care.
Speaker 2: If that's study that all of this whole fucking conspiracy theory is based off of is a fraudulent paper.
Speaker 1: I still I still think it's real. But he's already floated other discredited cause of autism in addition to vaccines, like ultrasounds during pregnancy. So this this isn't stopping as long as this guy's in power. And the scary thing in addition to all this is like that he's going to try to come up with some cure, which he he's already tapped anti vaxxer David Geyer to work on looking at the connection between vaccines and autism, and it seems like he might be trying to cure autism, which that's another really dangerous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's another huge grift for people who don't who are you know, aren't able to accept whatever the state of their child's health is or whatever. It's so fucking just so diabolical to keep going down this path and like weaponize like people's concern for their kids in this fucked up way to now be like science doesn't even exist take these unproven medicines like that's because he's backed weird fucking cures before, and it's you know, just uh well, uh.
Speaker 1: We're accepting your child as they are and you know, working with them, and.
Speaker 2: Right, surely it can't be that maybe you can take this chemotherapy drug.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they that's the guy who he's working with on this cure has sold a miracle drug in the past that is in fact a prostate cancer drug that was sometimes used in chemical castration and could cause serious side effects, and he charged families five thousand to six thousand dollars a month in two thousand mine for the treatments. That person lost his medical license in nine states, and the other person involved in the treatment didn't because he had no medical degree, and that was fine for practicing medicine without a license.
Speaker 2: That's the one who RFK is working with because he that David Guyer was working with his dad who wasn't a doctor, and his dad got his shit taken away.
Speaker 1: He's like, and you, doude trust me, my dad's a doctor.
Speaker 2: Actually you have no official medical Oh so you actually don't even have any licenses we can take away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I actually inherited it from my dad. So you know people think, you know, people think like that the way that RFK inherited his leadership qualities, I actually got it from my uncle Ted, that's right. Yeah. I got my natural way with women from my uncle Ted. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And like weird driving store stories about like what I throw in my car and stuff and drive around anyways, don't look up chap eclitic.
Speaker 1: All right. A couple trailers that just dropped it, uh, caught our eye. One is called him. The trailer opens like a Gatorade commercial. It's sort of like they absolutely nail the tone of those like super dark Gatorade commercials. Yeah, where it's like is it in you? Yeah, it's like black and white and like showing like the person struggling and like trudging through the spiritual darkness of you know, athletic achievement and the misery that these top performing athletes put themselves through to get to the heights of greatness. And then at a certain point it just like changes, Uh we see a concussion happen. Uh, Like with full legg.
Speaker 2: It looked like in the new Mortal Kombat game, some of the fatalities they'll do X ray so you could actually see like the bone like rib cages breaking in organs being pierced like that. That shot freaked me out. That happened like in the middle of and uh. And then it immediately says like from producer Jordan.
Speaker 1: Peele, and you're like, oh ship, and then it just goes very dark from there with Marlon Wayns. Really Marlon Wayins is like.
Speaker 2: Gets to flex his serious acting skills again, because I think he's very underrated as a serious actor.
Speaker 1: So this is going to be fucking wild. I hope it.
Speaker 2: I hope it's as good as a trailer looks. And Jordan Peele seems to have his ship together enough that.
Speaker 1: He yeah, he's producer not not writer director on this one, but I am curious to see what his next directorial effort is. Have you have you seen Sinners yet? No, I'm going to see that this weekend. Me too, all right? And then Mountain Head is the other trailer just dropped. That is from Jesse Armstrong, the writer and producer showrunner of Succession, And man, I would never have guessed that this was Oh wait, I'm sorry, Like.
Speaker 2: Even without the HBO logos and anything, you would watch this and be like, is it this is wait what scene of Succession is this?
Speaker 1: This is Succession? Right? This is right. It's almost like he you know, some filmmakers are like, all right, this is this is my chance. I've got everybody's attention. How am I going to like show them a new side that I have? This like other variety of pitches, And he was instead like, let me show you how good I can do this one thing that you already know I can do really well.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if like the DP screwed him from being like, okay, so this is going to be shot the exact same way a Succession and.
Speaker 1: He's like, yeah, it's good, or maybe the DP was like.
Speaker 2: What if we did something a little bit different than what we did on Succession? He's like, no, I like what you did on Succession.
Speaker 1: I want this.
Speaker 2: This is about four tech oligarchs getting together in a mountain ski trip and the world is falling apart around them, and like, what are we gonna do about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It looks frightening, yeah, because it's so close to reality.
Speaker 1: But interesting to see.
Speaker 2: What the commentary is about this and if there is a message like dude, aren't these guys fucking sad.
Speaker 1: So weird. Yeah, but yeah, I mean I loved his work on Succession. This seems like if you asked me to come up with a project for him to work on, Yeah, it was probably what I'd be like. Yeah, but do that one, Jesse. I'm sorry, we don't believe in your range. Fam.
Speaker 2: He did this really well and it's so good that maybe just stick to that.
Speaker 1: It's okay, you don't have to put out a Chris Gaines album. Just be Garth Brooks. That's right, that's right, all right. Those are some of the things that are trending on this Tuesday, April twenty second. We are back tomorrow with a whole ass episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get your vaccines way you still can get your flu shots. Don't do nothing about white supre mus see, and we will talk to y'all tomorrow. Bye. M