Speaker 1: Welcome to your second Day podcast.
Speaker 2: It's Brook and Jeffrey in the morning, and I know someone who has a lot of opinions about restaurants.
Speaker 1: In this room, I'm looking at them.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I mean, would someone screwing up at a restaurant be a huge red flag for you?
Speaker 3: What do you mean by that?
Speaker 4: Hold on?
Speaker 5: Well, like screwing up?
Speaker 3: Like, what do you mean the order?
Speaker 4: I can't tell you exactly because it's coming up in the second.
Speaker 2: It's gonna happen while he's still holding the menu at the beginning.
Speaker 6: Okay, well, you should know how to go on to date at a restaurant, so obviously this would.
Speaker 3: Be a red flag.
Speaker 2: Okay, Jose's not dating you, but you know what, I don't think that's what he's asking for. Anyway, you're gonna hear what's going on in this second date. But we love to start with your comments because you mean so much to us.
Speaker 1: That's true, that's true. We're thankful for you. We we are and marriage in comments a lot. But I like this one.
Speaker 2: They said, I might be weird, but I like spoilers or teasers, so I read the comments before I listen.
Speaker 3: I actually know someone like wait you do that? Movies are like, yeah, she loves this.
Speaker 7: I know.
Speaker 2: And I skipped to the end of the books first, and I read what happens at the end before I go I.
Speaker 4: Want to do it.
Speaker 3: Somebody around in my life does this too?
Speaker 1: What is wrong with you?
Speaker 2: I need to know what happens that I can read in peace or watch in peace.
Speaker 3: So you relate to marriagin Yere's.
Speaker 4: Well anyway, thanks leaving the comment and how alexis?
Speaker 1: I love it? Your second date starts right now.
Speaker 3: The second date up date. The results are in. It's broken Jeffrey in the morning. Because recent studies have shown about fifty percent of couples now meet online compared to just twenty two percent only five years ago.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's a huge jump. It's like the pandemic, like super Yeah.
Speaker 3: It made a really normal, really quick Yeah. So now going forward, Brook, if you want to spice up the relationship with your husband, you're going to have to make him a dating profile.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, I think I could make him a really good one.
Speaker 3: I mean to be honest, Well, I think joke's on you. He already has one. Wait, you're looking for a third right now? According to him, and we're not going to go into that because I want to talk right now to Jordy, the listener who wrote into our show because apparently he met a girl out in real life, bucking all of the latest trends.
Speaker 1: You're the minority now r L.
Speaker 3: Jeordy, good work, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hey guys, So where'd you meet this woman?
Speaker 8: So?
Speaker 6: I met Harper at this German bar? Actually?
Speaker 9: Uh, you know, I was playing BOXI ball.
Speaker 6: Do you guys know what that is?
Speaker 1: You have boy ball on my rooftop of my apartment.
Speaker 3: It's like he tossed big, these like big colorful balls onto like a field, and then you try to toss other balls towards the ball.
Speaker 1: It's an Italian game playing at a German bar.
Speaker 10: But what happened?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, So you said her name was Harper? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, she was actually a waitress there.
Speaker 3: Oh oh. I assumed that she was gonna be like playing in the stall next year or something like that.
Speaker 6: Right, No, no, no, no, no. She was super cute, and I mean she was super helpful too, because I actually had to have this like long cop with her to tell her to cut off one of my drunk friends.
Speaker 4: Yeah, cut off your friend.
Speaker 3: You had to do it like nicely, Like I told you.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that's happened to you and you just don't if you have.
Speaker 3: Good friends, if anything, probably makes you look kind of good to her because you seem like a responsible guy.
Speaker 9: Exactly.
Speaker 6: It's like watching Jerry Fringer. It's like you look better than those people.
Speaker 2: Oh can I ask real quick? Was there an indication that she was interested in you? Because cute waitresses get hit on all the time.
Speaker 3: And they smile and there everyone thinks they're getting tries to get them to be the third in her relationship.
Speaker 8: Harper.
Speaker 1: I mean, Harper is a hot name.
Speaker 3: But again, sorry, that is a conversation for another day. Tell us, how did you work Harper? It's not the right way, Jack. How did you get Harper to agree to a date?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 7: It is?
Speaker 6: Well, I just simply asked her on the way out. I was like, look, are you single?
Speaker 10: And she said he was asking and I said I am good. Yeah, And I just said I'd love to take you out sometime, and she actually gave me her number.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, dude, if we done this and it's our loser line, is.
Speaker 3: That your only meet up or did you guys actually.
Speaker 8: Have a date.
Speaker 6: No, No, we had a date.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it is her number because we all, she probably gave you a number to get ready.
Speaker 1: So what did you do?
Speaker 6: We went out for drinks, little food. You know, she looked amazing, I mean when she was like out of her waiter outfits.
Speaker 8: Second party.
Speaker 6: I mean I did have one embarrassing moment on the date. We tried to order some keyshe Lorraine, and I said, quickie, Lorraine, you know I didn't take French in high school, Like excuse me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, you're.
Speaker 3: Also clashing with a batchy ball in the Germans.
Speaker 2: Don't want to be elitist by being able to say, Keisha, it's a.
Speaker 3: Tough wor what was her reaction?
Speaker 9: She totally laughed it off.
Speaker 6: It was a little embarrassing, but after that, like I think you kind of lightened the mood a little bit.
Speaker 2: And from there, especially if you can be self deprecating about it, you know what I mean, Like it could almost even turn into like your inside joke together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the next thing, I speak German and then you.
Speaker 9: Just ruin it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: So we actually like kissed at the end of the day, So that was nice. And she was the one who texted me that night saying that she got home safe and that.
Speaker 9: She certain wait to see me. So whoa Like, it seems super clear, right.
Speaker 1: Are you sure you didn't read that wrong too?
Speaker 3: There's no way.
Speaker 6: I was in English?
Speaker 8: I think.
Speaker 3: Okay, so you've you've had a solid first date. You kissed her at the end of it, she's the one saying I can't wait to hang out again.
Speaker 1: And how long has it been?
Speaker 6: It's been like ten days or so.
Speaker 11: Well, something must have happened in her life, Like I already have a feeling this is not your fault.
Speaker 2: Oh, I could see that where I don't know, maybe work got crazy or there's a family emergency.
Speaker 3: She kindled something and was just oh yeah, but what's happened in those ten days? That's a long time. Have you asked her like what have you done?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I mean there was one time where I thought one date was gonna work, but then she asked about a different date, So.
Speaker 4: I don't know, See, a hot bosball player came into.
Speaker 3: Her work, might be okay, Well, we can reach out to Harper for you and see if she agrees to going out with you one more time. If not, then you might have a backup often because Brooke and her husband.
Speaker 6: You know, but.
Speaker 1: Jeffy is not online.
Speaker 3: Oh that's right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we only like the online one.
Speaker 3: Able to keep some distance. Yeah, sorry, but you know what, We'll work on Harper first and try and get you your second date update. Right after this second date update, we're in the middle of a second date update with our listener, Jordie. And Jordie likes cute waitresses at German baci ball bars. He likes to mispronounce Keish Lorraine just to seem vulnerable and flawed.
Speaker 1: How did he say something?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he said, you said quickly? What did you say, Jordie?
Speaker 11: I said, And he really likes to receive texts saying I can't wait to see you again, because that's exactly what is dade, Harper said to him after they went out.
Speaker 3: So why is she not jumping at the chance to hang out again?
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's the one that said she wanted to Jordy.
Speaker 3: You think there's another guy who mispronounces French words even worse than you do. Maybe that's her thing?
Speaker 9: Yeah, maybe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he tried to order me a quabarnet gone. Oh, Oh yeah, that's hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't even know how you have mispronounced.
Speaker 3: So much pronounced.
Speaker 9: I mean, look, Harper is a really cute waitress.
Speaker 6: She probably has a lot of guys asking her out.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I bet she's saying no fifty times a day, every other table.
Speaker 1: It's so annoying.
Speaker 2: But that's why you're so special is that she said yes to you and you guys had.
Speaker 4: A great day issue she said you yeah.
Speaker 6: But like, look, guys, if that's it, if that's the thing where she has another guy, like, just convince her that I'm a good guy.
Speaker 4: You know what, in the five minutes so we've spent with you.
Speaker 1: Totally will vouch for you. Thank you, You're welcome like a good guy.
Speaker 3: I honestly not even kidding. Yeah, a lot of good guys insist how good they are. So we're just gonna trust you on that, and we're gonna call Harper. Let's see if she answers. Okay, all right, I don't know you. I mean you seem nice from a little bit be spoken. Okay, you just stay where you're at, though, buddy, we don't know you that.
Speaker 1: Let's get her on the phone.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hey, is this Harper.
Speaker 8: Yeah, who's calling?
Speaker 3: We're a radio show calling called Brook and Jeffrey in the morning. Good morning, Hi Harper. That half of the room isn't very excited to talk to you, obviously, but I don't think she talked to us.
Speaker 2: This half of the room, I just don't want to come into jeff what are you calling for?
Speaker 7: See?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're working. This is this is something we do call the second Date Update. And one of our listeners named Jordi, asked us to reach out to you.
Speaker 1: Were you going anything else?
Speaker 8: I said, what do you want me to say?
Speaker 1: You remember?
Speaker 3: Okay, We're just trying to help him out because according to Jeordi, he says he's been putting in a lot of effort trying to figure out a good time that would work for you to meet up, just because he felt like you guys bonded connected.
Speaker 1: Is it just something where the schedules aren't aligning.
Speaker 8: No, there was just like a lot of effort. That's kind of a problem too much.
Speaker 3: What do you mean, Yeah, can you elaborate?
Speaker 12: I mean, like on the surface, when I met him, like I was working and then we went and hung out and like he.
Speaker 8: Was a good guy and well, that's not like what I was looking for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like he's what you were looking for.
Speaker 1: I mean, like I thought, so okay, so what changed?
Speaker 8: So we hung out and it It wasn't until after that I realized something was off. What Like I had every intention to go out again.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, what's the problem. Is it something about him?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 12: He gave me three options to hang out, all in a row, like Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
Speaker 8: Like, why is he so available?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 9: What do you hold on?
Speaker 3: Did he want a three day date or he was just like pick a day and we can do that one.
Speaker 8: No, he was like, these are all the days that I'm available, And I have to believe me and my friends do that. There's a guy between the age twenty four and thirty two ish. If they have that much time to hang out, it really means that he's a loser.
Speaker 5: Oh oh wait wait a loser ikes Wow, you're calling him a loser because he gave you multiple options of times where he wants to hang out because he likes you.
Speaker 12: Yeah, because like they're all in a row, and it's like, okay, he should be grinding away planning for his future. Wait, maybe not working or like working on a promotion or getting somewhere.
Speaker 2: He may maybe he is like, in my mind, you're a waitress, so he's probably just trying to give you options because it's probably hard to align schedules, Like he probably figures you work on the weekends.
Speaker 8: I mean that sounds like an excuse he'd use.
Speaker 7: I guess, well, it sounds like he's doing it for you, because nowadays we hear from a lot of women who tell us guys don't put in enough effort, they want the easy thing, they don't really care.
Speaker 3: Jordy sounds like the total opposite, Like he's willing to do whatever just to see you make.
Speaker 4: Plans the other days that you say you can't.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but he didn't say that. He was like, I'm wide open, and I'm like, well, what else are you doing with your life? Just pursuing me?
Speaker 6: Okay, Okay, Sadly this makes sense, but doesn't mean we agree with it.
Speaker 4: I don't know that it does make sense to me. He's not a loser.
Speaker 1: Like you liked him. You liked everything about him. You said that he checked all your boxes basically.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean he did. He actually had decent hygiene, which.
Speaker 3: See Okay, but but he's too available for you.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's why it's hygiene is so good. He has got time for it. I mean again, you don't whatt a dcentone.
Speaker 2: Who wants to hang out every single day sometimes like they need to have a life.
Speaker 3: Well sure, oh god.
Speaker 8: And especially in the beginning getting to know who they are, and it just seems like he's just wide open to do whatever. Okay, we're trying to build who we are as people.
Speaker 2: What would you want his response to be when you say, hey, I can't wait to see you again.
Speaker 1: What should he have written.
Speaker 6: Back to you.
Speaker 8: He shouldn't have. He should have just let me hang for a bit.
Speaker 3: That was a red flag.
Speaker 1: Okay, well it was cutting like a game.
Speaker 3: I don't I don't want to tell you this because it's not that he's like super available to talk to you any That's not what this is.
Speaker 1: He was so busy. It's like we had to call him so many times.
Speaker 3: Just in the middle of his extremely hectic day. He's taken a little bit of time to jump on the phone right now to talk to you because Jordie's there.
Speaker 8: Hey, Harper, Oh so you've been on the phone.
Speaker 11: Just a little bit like barely.
Speaker 6: I heard you call me a loser who has too much time on his hands.
Speaker 8: Well, yeah, they asked me to be honest, and I was honest.
Speaker 3: She didn't ask me what.
Speaker 1: I mean. That's what Jordie wanted.
Speaker 6: He wanted to know you think I'm a loser because I want to go out a second time? Like that part doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 8: It's just it's just a little red flaggy to be able to hang out three nights in a row, and like, my perfect guy would never do that. He shouldn't have all the time in the world for me.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm sorry, my perfect guy shouldn't have all the.
Speaker 6: To be totally clear, I didn't want to hang out with you three nights, and I gave you three options.
Speaker 8: Okay, you're just being a little way too chill at this time in your life. You know. Now the time is to work hard and we're going to chill later.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, well, your servant Stein's in a German bar like.
Speaker 5: That means she probably makes more than I do here.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, it's just like, what are you doing to do the same thing.
Speaker 8: Well, you don't even know me, so how about you shut your mouth?
Speaker 3: Yeah, your mouth? Who are you complaining about the people bringing you alcohol?
Speaker 1: I think being a server is a great job.
Speaker 2: But she's like expecting him to like do all these big great things, like what are you doing to plan for your future?
Speaker 3: You stay in your lane and keep not tipping people after.
Speaker 1: I just like, I hate when people do that.
Speaker 3: This is about Jordie. Jordie, she's concerned that you're too free and you're too available. Prove to her that that's not true. And how much you got going on?
Speaker 1: You don't want to date?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it sounds like that would be more attractive to you. I mean, I just don't erstand why you want to play these games.
Speaker 9: Like we met in real life. I thought you were a good person.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's actually a point. I mean, how busy are you right now?
Speaker 9: I mean I'm kind of busy. I'm not totally busy. I mean.
Speaker 3: He's super busy, right slam?
Speaker 9: Okay, Like, look, I'm looking to get busier.
Speaker 4: All right, God, sounds like a nice guy.
Speaker 3: That's what she wants. She doesn't want that, but you did want it that night.
Speaker 9: Look, look, Harper, let's rewind. Pretend I didn't call you for the week.
Speaker 6: Are you turned on now weeks.
Speaker 12: It's only been ten days imagining.
Speaker 8: I mean, the reality is you sent me a lot of freaking texts with like a lot of freaking dates, and now you have me on a radio show.
Speaker 3: It does look bad. It's pretty bad. You know what the thing is, We made him do it. Yeah, we got all the time in the world. He didn't even want to be here, he didn't have time to know, but he was kind enough to take a little bit of time out to do this with us, just so that I could ask you if you would like to see Jordi one more time, and we would pay for that date. I don't even know if he's free. Honestly, Jordy, are you even free?
Speaker 9: Not anymore? I'm all booked up.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry. She's like, so, I'll see you next weekend.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'm not really into these games that he's playing with me, and I'm not going to follow.
Speaker 9: Sweetie.
Speaker 3: Oh God, that was talking like brook Now, this is not okay. This is going back looking Jeffrey in the morning, got a text into seventy eight five nine to two that says, with that outlook, I hope she's ready to die alone.
Speaker 2: I mean, honestly, I think she just doesn't actually want a boyfriend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, like anybody's.
Speaker 2: Saying that she's like looking. She says she's looking for something, but she found it because.
Speaker 3: What she just wants to be wanted. And the outlook that I think they're referring to is the theory that if a guy says he's available to hang out with you multiple nights in a row, that means he's a loser and must have absolutely nothing going on.
Speaker 6: Is not correct that because when girls try to hang out with me and I tell him I'm sorry, I got two jobs.
Speaker 3: I'm streaming video games every single night, it also deters. Yes, it also matters what you're busy doing.
Speaker 2: Ye got my D and D club on Friday on Saturday night, so I can't hang out. Sorry, but I.
Speaker 3: Make tons of money. Hello, Hello, Hello, you guys, just give up. There's going to be easier to be just quick because actually they're gonna feel more attracted to you that you've given up on that.
Speaker 1: Based on her, I mean.
Speaker 3: Just too late. She speaks for all women.
Speaker 1: Hey, I just cancel on my two guys.
Speaker 3: Who saw that coming. But you know what, if you need help with your dating life, go ahead, email the show. We'll call that person who isn't calling you back, and go check out all of our podcasts. We are the home of the Second Date Update. Wherever you get yours at Brooke and Jeffrey Brook
Speaker 8: And Jeffrey in the Morning