Speaker 1: Warning. This podcast contains spoilers for House of the Dragon, the first four phases of the e FCU, a little bit of Star Wars, and a bunch of other stuff. My name is Jason gets Epsion and I'm Rosy Night and welcome next to Revision, the Crooked Media podcast where we dive deep been to your favorite shows, movies, comics and pop culture. In this episode, it's a mailbag, folks.
Speaker 2: And in the nut out we go listen to Swati pitches. Netflix is amazing, she Ra reboot she Rah. If you want to jump around, check the show notes for the time stamps.
Speaker 1: Of course. And the first thing we're gonna do is open up the airlock and get into your mailbag. Here we go. We are stepping out of the airlock, and we are opening up the flap on the beautiful bag of wonderful missives that we have received from you as we step into the blessed year of our Lord twenty twenty three. So let's just start. Let's start with John and Brett. John and Brett ask, do we get doomed before Fantastic four? Like a post credit in Quantumnia or something else? Who should they cast? Please you and Rosie vamp on the Good Doctor Rosie. This is an interesting question.
Speaker 2: I have thoughts, yes, so many thoughts. I truly do believe that there was a version of Wakanda Forever that would have ended with a Doctor Doom post credit scene. I believe that would have fit. I believe it makes sense with the more with the connections to Wakanda and you know, the now known as Talakhan. But so I do believe that we will see Doctor Doom before we meet the Fantastic Four. He's one of Marvel's most incredible villains, and Marvel Studios has never been able to make a movie with him in because of the licensing to Fox. So I think that's a character they can't get wrong and that they know could be their kind of next level fanos, this kind of overarching god Emperor Doom. He can be the ally who turns into a villain. He can be your average kind of sort of small level villain that you don't see coming that becomes this huge, omnipotent kind of foe. So I think I think we're going to see him. I would love to see him in Quantumania. Do I think he's going to be that soon? I don't know, what do you think.
Speaker 1: I don't think we see him proper in Quantumania, But I do think that the way they could introduce Doom, if they were going to do it, is like as an image in the background. We know that the version of Kang that we met and Loki was, you know, trying to keep the different malevolent versions himself from coming to the fore. I would imagine that this Kang, this may be more aggressive. Kang is also trying to keep different multiversal threats from threatening his power. And I would imagine that, like if he was telling Scott the story of how he came to be, he might mention some of these threats and we could see like an image of doctor Doom's mask, like in a computer screen somewhere. Yeah, I think I would be I would not I would not be totally shocked if that happened. And I think that's the way they do it. I think it's kind of quick because obviously casting like we don't know, I don't know how like, and I feel like, who knows, They're so good at keeping this shit quiet. But I also feel like if they had cast Doom by now, there would be something more than the kind of you know, Genior Carlo Esposido rumors and the Adam Driver rumors that are kind of out there, like we probably hear some pretty loud whispers. So in lieu of having like an actual cameo guest spot where you see him and don't hear his voice or hear somebody's voice that they've cast but we haven't had the news yet, I think that you'll just get a very very very small clue to the existence of Doom in the form of like a picture of his armor in the context of like all these other versions of Kang that that have existed throughout the multiverse and throughout time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that makes a lot of sense, especially if you think about how they introduced you know, Fanos in the original MCU. You have that incredible Damian Pointier ending, but he doesn't say anything, and then when they wanted to they could recost him. I still think it was a mistake, even though I love Josh Berlin. But you know, it would be easy for them to do a mosque you don't see who's behind it, you can get an implication, and then you can reveal this actually does lead to one of So they also wanted to know who it had cost. Right. This leads to one of my favorite things that I've been thinking about a lot.
Speaker 1: Tell me, so, William.
Speaker 2: Jackson Harper from the Good Place and Midsomer he got cast. He got cast in Quantamania. Now a lot of people were like, Oh, maybe he's gonna play Reid. I would love that casting. It's delightful, But I actually think I think he's gonna play Nathaniel Richards. I think he's gonna be Yeah. I think because I think that they're gonna go young for the Fantastic Four as much as my original fan casting that I did a couple of years ago, one nerdict was them older. It was like Keanu Reeves and and all these different kinds of people as older versions, because I like that story. But I think it's this is their next generation of heroes. I think they're gonna go young. So I think William Jackson Harper's gonna play Nathaniel, who obviously then you've got Kang being the descendant, and that sets up Black Read, which we kind of all thought was gonna be the route that they go. And I think that could be so cool because then you get to see these different generations of the Richards and.
Speaker 1: Just to quick download for those not first in the history of Kang and and Read and the fantasy for a marvel years. Nathaniel Richards is a descendant of Read Richards from the thirtieth century who board with the completely u topic and peaceful existence of the thirtieth century, decides to travel through time where he can get into some trouble. He finds a time machine. He goes back to ancient Egypt and becomes, you know, the predecessor of the person who then becomes Kang, starting the king journey basically, so if that is correct, do they cheat kind of? And do Jonathan Major's Read Richards? Is that a cheat?
Speaker 2: Is that one of the most Christians?
Speaker 1: I think that's on the tape.
Speaker 2: I think it's on the table. I'm interested, So I think one of my me and my my friend James, we have a lot of fantastic four thoughts, my oneful friend James, and we have some some fancst things that we do for our own fun. But one of the ones that really stuck with me for Doom that I think about a lot that I think could work really well with this is and it's unexpected because he's quite he's not a looming tall figure, but he's very serious, and I think you'd be very good. I think you could do a great John David Washington Doom. And I like that. I like the idea of having this Fantastic four and Kang kind of storyline become this unexpected space for all these incredible black actors in the MCU, especially because you know, Kang is not I love Kang, but he's not particularly like well known character. And Jonathan Major's has already brought so much gravitas and kind of texture and weirdness to that role, so I'm expecting them to kind of follow on and do unexpected casting. But yeah, I love I love thinking about who they're going to cast as doctor Doo. My original fan cast that I did was Keanu is an older read Richards who'd been stuck in the negative zone. And then young doctor Doom, who is going to be Adam Driver, who now isn't really that young. But I do think Doom Adam Driver is like, that's a really interesting casting just because of how great he was as Kylo Wren. He bought so much weird, strange emotion to that that I think Doom has obviously Mage Michelson. That's like the iconic Doom casting that I think a lot of people kind of immediately jump to their heads.
Speaker 1: I like all of those. I like the g and Carlo Esposito kind of like rumor that is out there. I do. Let me ask you this because this is something I've been thinking about, what Kang's coming first, right before or any of the Fantastic Four, before Doctor Jiam, etcetera. What I've been wondering about the relationship between Kang and Doom, like, is does care you know, we know understand that Kang has been, at least the Kang that we met in Loki existed to kind of keep the multiverse pruned and kind of streamlined in order to keep the rise of various versions, more warlike versions of himself from coming to the fore. I've been wondering if along those lines, Kang is not like in this kind of multiversal struggle against Doom as well, like he's trying, like, yeah, I not trying to keep Doom from showing up.
Speaker 2: I think that's a really interesting take, and I wish I could remember. For the life of me, I do not remember whether this was my close friend somebody who DMed me something I read online. I saw an absolutely wild theory that leans into that, which is like the MCU as we know it is basically God Emperor Doom's version of the Marvel Universe that.
Speaker 1: He is a controlling and then the mindful.
Speaker 2: It would be so crazy, right, And then you have the idea of Kang basically trying to undo the MCU because he wants to get it out of Doom's control. I think that's so wild, but absolutely love it. And I feel like we're going into a world now where it's we don't know what's going to happen. But I think I think that the nature of Kang being someone who is so many different people, so many different versions of a person, so many different iterations, that leans into the empathetic That means there are versions of him who want to do the right thing. And so I think pitting him against Doom and they'm almost being kind of equals in power is very interesting and I think quite likely. So, you know, I think that the way they do the quantum realm in the MCU is very similar. We've talked about this before, you know, to the negative zone. So I think that there's a big chance that there's already been some kind of If Kang has lived every life and every multiverse possible, he's probably already met doom.
Speaker 1: Oh for sure. I mean the thing that so when you reference God and Purdum again for us who don't know, this is, uh, this is the doom that after the kind of collapse of all the multiverses, molded reality in the image that he wanted and basically controlled the universe for the period of time that is that is shown in the crossover event, the Secret warst crossover event, the Higman's version of the Secret Wars Crossover event. And man, I think it would be I think it's too much of all this didn't happen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's too much of it was a dream.
Speaker 1: But it's also like it's also really man, that would be incredible if they did it right, if they if it was you know, because like they've kind of gestured at least at the time runs out storyline and the kind of collapse of all the multiverses. We saw that in Doctor Stranger of the Multiverse of Madus and some other kind of like little snipbets of imagery where you see like galaxies, this image of galaxy and these incursions. Yeah, the actual usage of the term incursions, which sets up the time runs out storyline, I mean that is that is kind of there. I do wonder if I wonder if we're gonna get incursions before we get Doom, or if they're gonna set up if we're gonna see Doom before we actually get incursions. I'm not sure they even know, but like that, there's a lot of pathways to get to Doom. And there's also the like to your point, let's say they go young with the fantastic forecasting. Do we see them? Do we see like a more down to earth just kind of not run of the mill, but a more standard comic book Baddie Doom in his early evolution, you know, post the scarring, post read Richards, you know, from Doom's perspective, reads Meddling in his experiment, He's got this. Maybe they're both like tech bro guys, and that.
Speaker 2: Does sound like the easy way to go. I hope they do something a little bit different. But I do think I do hope that. I think now that I mean, in the much maligned fan for stick as we call it, because the logo had a four in the middle for some unknown reason. The most recent Fantastic Four movie, you know, they did it that Doom was like a Hacker, which actually was like kind of even felt dated then. But I think that that idea, that is the thing that gives me the biggest hope for them being slightly aged up is because we've already seen the young Fantastic Four done and it didn't necessarily coalesce in the way people would have wanted, even though obviously like Michael B. Jordan as Johnny Storm is like icon level casting. Yeah, but yeah, I'm very interested to see the route that they go. And I think that's the biggest question when it comes to casting, is are we seeing are the Fantastic Four going to be aged up? They already exist, they've you know, a long time. This is what I was saying. I used to say it when I worked in the comic shop. I'm still saying it now. I had always wanted a you know, back then it was like Taika way Titi and he's directing a sixties Fantastic Four movie where they get thrown into the future and it's a fish out of water story. Those rumors are now going around that that might be what happens, in which case they already have to be established, and we do have the X Men as the young heroes potentially coming into the MCU. But I still think, why wouldn't they want twenty year olds so they can still be doing it in twenty years? You know, that is really how long these franchises go on for. So I'm intrigueded to see which way.
Speaker 1: I kind of also think that my senses that you know, if we see some version of a Fantastic Four origin story, we might not see Doom until like the second Fantastic Four movie, or it might be some version ofcientists make an amazing discovery a dimension that scientists are calling the negative zone has.
Speaker 2: Been exactly.
Speaker 1: And then they open it up, right then they open it up, and who comes out but Doom and and it's the Fantastic Four's job is to be, like, is to try and stop people from from accessing the negative zone. But but it's too late.
Speaker 2: I mean, I I just quickly say, I do think that's one of the most interesting things about Quantumania. I feel like within a month, when we've seen it and we're talking about it, we're going to know a lot more because the what we've seen in the trailer is Cassie essentially creates a portal that opens up the quantum realm, and then that is a problem, which is a very negative zone storyline. So I think we'll really see how much of those analogies are purposeful, homages, coincidental, useful, or actually concrete kind of you know. The tagline for the new post do they released for the quantumanea post do they released today said, uh, I think it's like welcome to a dynasty. Obviously that makes us think of the Kang dynasty, but it could also be talking about the Richards. It could be many things, so it's very exciting times.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get to Kang. Jasmine asks do you think we'll see a version of Kang and Loki season two or will we just be teased with the whole season? I want more Jonathan Majors. She also asks secret invasion question, what's your bets on? The undercover scroll reveals over under two good questions. Okay, first, Kang, I think we you know it's a good question. Is is Jonathan Major is gonna be too busy? It certainly makes sense that I think that there's a way to do it, and I think they gestured at it with you know, when Loki, uh, you know, steps out into whatever reality he's currently in, he sees this huge statue of Kang. I think there's a way to do it in which Kang is this shadow that is like falling over the entire season without actually seeing him. And I kind of think that that's what they're gonna do, and they will save Jonathan Majors for the movie What are your.
Speaker 2: I think basically almost exactly the same as you. I think you really hit the nail on the head. The only thing I will say, I think is the wild card and the kind of hopeful bright light for us is who loved Jonathan Majors is that the first season of Loki had that standout Bottle episode that was really focused on Kang and that really worked. It went down really well, people loved it. So maybe there's a potential that we get this kind of reflection of that where we get the shadow of Kang the whole time and then the one episode. And it might be in the middle because you're learning about this universe's version of Kang where he is Kang the Conqueror, or it might be at the end again. But I think there's there's potential for maybe an episode, but I don't think he's going to be our villain of the week, sadly because I would love to see it.
Speaker 1: What do you think about Jasmine's second question question?
Speaker 2: So many people asked us about scrolls, so I still think you're one hundred percent right, Maria Hill, he is a scroll. Jesus, We're just saying it. If they don't do it, that's gonna be like the best fake out ever. Are the scrolls? Are the scrolls? I think that is quite likely that the Contessa Valentina di Allegra Fontaine is. I like her.
Speaker 1: I also like her for a scroll. I worry that it would be a little a little bit of the same kind of beat if Maria Hill is also a scroll, but I like her for that.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's like you have if you if they get into they're getting into every high part of the government and society. You have val who's now like the leading the CIA or something, and then you have Maria, who's trusted within sword, you know. So they're kind of hitting both both segments. Who is who's our big hero gonna be? I've always been the Jeremy Renner is a scroll, but Eva, I think they could use.
Speaker 1: It to out some soon Jeremy.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, get well soon, Get well soon. But I yeah, who is if you were gonna pick one big hero that they wanted to say, Oh, this person's been a scroll for five years, who would it be?
Speaker 1: Hank Pim.
Speaker 2: Oh that's a good one, and that could have big ramifications if they have easy access to the quantum realm. Yeah, it's such a hard question.
Speaker 1: I mean, I feel like there's gonna be one, maybe not one, but like a point seventy five average of characters from each kind of group, like from Cosmic, from Spy Marvel, from exactly Wakanda Marvel. So I think there'll be one in each, Like I think Long Wo would be shocking, Like it's not out of the question to me.
Speaker 2: If Wong so Bucky Bonds, I think is like a solid choice. What I will say is I will say that the thing that's hard to comprehend, and I think this, once the scrolls are in the MCU, people will understand it. It's hard to comprehend how much of a big deal it was when they were like peace, they're all scrolls.
Speaker 1: Like it was huge.
Speaker 2: It was huge. It was The reason it was huge is because their behavior they had been there for so long that you never knew. And that's actually because editorial decided to do it. There was no seven years of seeding thinking that, oh these people were scrolls. But in the MCU. That's why I think it's so hard, because we have yet to really comprehend the fact that if a scroll has been there, they will have learned all the patterns, they will have behaved they that's why you would believe. So it could be wrong, it could be bucky. I'm gonna go with I'm going to say that no scrolls ever got into Wakanda. That was the rule in the comics, which was like you know, see Wakanda and die that like great three three issue run by Jason Aarron. Like, so I'm going to say scrolls never made it to Wakanda. But that doesn't mean they couldn't have taken someone over outside of Wakanda and had them be a on out in the world, you know. So yeah, I think who is a scroll was a big question that we got, and I think that's gonna be very interesting to see how much we find out in secret Invasion because honestly, that's a TV show, but Marvel has not been afraid to draw big, shocking things within the world of TV.
Speaker 1: This one is kind of cheating because it's plucked from the comics. But as we saw at the end of Hawkeye, Linda Cardellini aka Laura Barton is Mockingbird. Is the NCU non ABC Shield version of Mockingbird, right, and Mockingbird's returned to the comics after many many years being dead. Was in Secret Invasion when we realized that they had kidnapped Bobby and taken her to fucking scroll space wherever to hold her prisoner. And it works, it goes, it translates directly to TV. You know she's already worked. I would shot.
Speaker 2: Is a legit great call. Yeah, because one we all know that Linda Cardellini was gonna be made for bigger things than being Hawkeye's wife. You don't cast her as Hawkeye's wife. And then we found out she's Mockingbird. I think her being a scroll and then seeing the fallout of Hawkeye having to.
Speaker 3: Realize he's been sleeping next a scroll but doing crazy missions in the hawkyed TV show, putting his family at risk.
Speaker 2: To get back this watch for a scroll, for a scroll, you know what? Okay, So my biggest hope for scrolls is, you know, Secret Invasion. It's great, the super scroll that's like a whole other thing because we need to get into the Fantastic Four before we can see a super scroll. But my biggest wish is will three D Man be in Secret Invasion? Will three D Man be involved in the comics Three D Man, who is just the weirdest, weirdest classic like seventies Marvel character first appeared in Marvel Premiere thirty five, created by Roy Thomas, who truly must be raking in the cash right now because they are going through his back Cat and Jim Craig, and he has three D glasses, right, magical three D glasses, but the way that they're used in especially Secret Invasion, but throughout the history of his comics with the scrolls, he can see who scrolls are. And one of the coolest parts of Secret Invasion is like he just walks into this room of heroes and he's like, oh my god, what are you talking about? And he's like, they're scrolls, They're literally scrolls. I would love to see him come into this Scroll storyline at some point because it's just such a fun character. But it will be interesting to see because I feel like Secret Invasion was so huge in the comics, and fig he keeps saying, this is like an intimate spy thriller, So I don't we don't know how much impact it's gonna have. But yeah, I think I think those are great best And I think you're that mocking You're always great with these scroll predictions. The Mockingbird. That's my new favorite, even above Maria Hale. I think I think that's a great one.
Speaker 1: You mentioned Bucky Barnes. We talk about Hank Pim, who's not certainly not necessarily like a top line Avengers leg.
Speaker 2: He does have powers.
Speaker 1: He does have powers, and he's been very important to the to the evolution of the MCU and has been running secret missions, you know, since the sixties. But like, if there was one non Bucky Barnes top level current living or dead, which would open the door to like them coming back living or dead, like MCU character who is a scroll, who do you think it could be?
Speaker 2: Okay, if you're saying Bucky Barnes.
Speaker 1: Is a good guess, Bucky Barnes is a good guest.
Speaker 2: I like Bucky Barnes, living or dead. I think, yeah, the cruelest and most likely because the who loves him. I would say in my head, my choice would be like Captain America's scroll. I think that's so interesting, But the reality I think is like Tony Stark, the Miraculous News of Oh my god, Tony Stark wasn't actually dead, Like he's actually been in cryostasis this whole time, and he comes back and he becomes this huge figure in this icon once again. But he's actually a scroll that's incredibly bleak and amazing and would be very interesting because you could have some great storylines with the characters within the MCU, like Peter, who would just know for some reason he just knows, or Pepper just knows, and you kind of have this war between wanting to imagine that he's back and not, and I'm sure that Robert is dreaming of a way to find his self back in that.
Speaker 1: I mean, it would like just in terms of what we know about the scroll's powers, like the suits would work, like it would read his DNA as Tony Stark, he would read his brain waves as Tony Stark. You could do a thing where it's like they took Tony to space and then whatever scroll took over Tony with the idea that oh, I'm gonna, you know, uh uh bring down humanity from the inside study. But then he falls in love with being a hero and he does all the right things.
Speaker 2: A scroll was at Tony Stark's funeral. You know, okay, well this one, this one's really out there. So one of my all time favorite theories that I first remember, the brilliant Joshua yelle ign we were talking on like the Captain Marvel set visit. This is so long ago about what became one of my ultimate favorite theories, which is the kid from Iron Man three who got to keep one of the suits becomes Iron Lad, Right, that's like the dream. So they're saying at the moment I spoke to that kid, I interviewed him once five GN and he was just that was his dream, was that he could get to play Iron Lad and kind of go through that role. That seems unlikely now because you know, Kang is iron Lad is Kang. So it's like, would they cast a white person would hardly be the right choice. But what if that kid is the scroll and the scroll, who was at the funeral? Who gets the suit? Now that's what I'm talking about. Bring that kid back. Fake us out. People thought that iron the whole point of that original Young Avengers brilliant, you know, Jim Chung stuff is. You thought that they were all analogues for established characters, but they were actually secretly kind of nothing to do with them. And Iron Lad was was, you know, revealed to be Kang. But I love this idea that they could fake us out by being like, oh, he's gonna be Iron Lad, He's going to be this young new hero with this suit on. But really he's a scroll. So I'm like, that's my one. Bring bring back the kids from Iron Man three, and he can be a scroll. He was at Tony's funeral? Why was he there? Nobody's seen him for a long time.
Speaker 1: I have one more and then we'll move on. This is this is a this is a this is Timfoil.
Speaker 2: Were doing it with Tim Foylan, Yeah, we're doing it.
Speaker 1: Fuck it, but uh, Matt Murer love it, Daredevil. Here's the reason being this first of all new to the MCU, right, so kind of a good inflection point to try something like that. Two he as we saw in Shee Hulk because of who he is, the skill set he has, the fact that he's a lawyer plugged into all these kind of like different superhero concerns. He can go take a meeting with the Avengers, he can go take a meeting with Doctor Strange, he can go take a meeting with with whatever, you know, with a government, and he would be in it, would have access to a lot of information. If the idea is like, you know, I can and also have idea with the Marvel Underworld. Yeah, so like there'd be that opportunity to kind of like he'd be perfectly positioned in a kind of spy role if he indeed was a s girl. I don't think that's the good.
Speaker 2: Being, but I love that idea. And I will say that that does link to one of your best predictions, which was that Kingpin is a scroll, hence why he now has these six superpowers.
Speaker 1: I love that one.
Speaker 2: So I'm like everyone in Dead was a scroll. Everybody's a scroll. Baby. When Secret Invasion comes out, you guys are gonna be sick of us saying the word scroll because we're all scrolling, scrolling, scrolling, scrawling'.
Speaker 1: I mean to be honest with you, the only one that I am like one hundred percent sure of is Mura Hill. Yeah, and kind of honestly like, I feel like Laura bart is a scroll.
Speaker 2: I feel like Laura Barton Now I'm the Laura Barton believed just.
Speaker 1: Because of it, just because like in the comics, that's legitimately. How they reintroduced Bobby Morrison to continunity was like, oh she did. She actually didn't die. She was just in space with the scrolls.
Speaker 2: So we're gonna move it on to the X Men. It's time one of our all time favorite topics.
Speaker 1: You know, we rarely talk about it. Wait, we never get to talk about that.
Speaker 2: Why do Yeah, this is a really great question. Ryan asks, do you think Marvel would be best at introducing the X Men slowly? One character at time light? They introduced the Avengers star with a standlo beast movie that introduced Gene Gray, slow play Wolverine, et cetera. I feel like everyone is always speculating how they'll introduce the X Men instead of a slow, methodical universe building, maybe after a Secret Wars reset question Mark, Well, guess what, Ryan, this is our number one favorite topic.
Speaker 1: How well they introduced.
Speaker 2: Jason, how do you think they'll introduce the X Men to the MCU, Well.
Speaker 1: I think that they will do it. I think the slow play is happening now. I do too. I agree the slow pl Like we're seeing the slow play both with you know, the reveals that happened in Wana Vision, with the you know various characters Miss Marvel who have been referred to actively as like having mutations or being mutants. We saw again in Doctor Strange Multiverse amnnas. And so I think that slow play is happening. We're already getting familiar with the idea that people are just born with power for whatever reason, and it's a mute and it's due to mutation. And I think when we when it does come time for the X Men, I think it'll happen all at once. I think we'll get him all at once. I do think the one outlier, and we've said this, we both talked about this a million times, the one possible outlier being Wolverine, who you can see existing in MCU continuity right now. And since like the nineteen twenties or whatever, you know, like they it's the original Super Soldier program was involved. This guy named Logan, who is like a Canadian mutant who they experimented on. This became Weapon X and it was like an offshoot of Super Soldier. And he's been like in either in cryostasis or they wiped his mind, and he's been running all kinds of secret missions. And I think when they do introduce the X Men in a non interdimensional way, much like the Eternals, it's going to be and Wakan and nay more and talkon, it's gonna be all at once. They've been hiding in plain sight. There's a school upstate. It's a school for gifted youngsters, but actually it's a school for superhero superpowered beings. They haven't gotten involved in the various fights going on because they don't trust humanity. They can kind of see where this is going. They might have any number of characters who can actually see the future and are saying, listen, we're going towards a bad place. If you reveal yourself, We're already going towards a bad place. But if you actually reveal yourself during it's going to be so much false fantus. But yeah, between when the Thanos stuff is happening, when whenever fight is happen when the battle in New York has happening. If you reveal yourself, then we're going to get to that post apocalyptic, you know of genocidal time for the mutants a lot quicker. So don't reveal yourself. And I think I think they basically are around right now and they're just hiding your thoughts.
Speaker 2: I think so too. I also think something that I've been thinking about a lot. I think I think you're one hundred percent right. I think we've seen it with the kind of reversion of Kamala back to her original origin, which was that she was going to be a mutant, and this kind of hint. I mean, she lives in New Jersey. It would be so easy for her to go to a school that was kind of upstate to see the way things go down. I think you're one hundred percent right. They're seeding it now. What I think is very interesting is the timing of and look, these schedules shift, right, But what we know right now is that Phase five kind of Secret Wars phase this kind of you know, twenty twenty four onward situation. And they did it. They did they did a very interesting ad in you know, India, that was like Cassie saying, where are we in Quantumania? And it was like phase five there, right. But I think it's very interesting that Deadpool three, which we know is going to include Logan, is coming out in twenty twenty four, which is going to be within this kind of Secret Wars phase, and I think that is very telling. We don't know what it means for Deadpool and Logan to be in the MCU. I've already positioned my theory that Deadpool's there to kill all the Fox characters and Logan's potentially helping out.
Speaker 1: I fucking love it what it is, I will write it. I absolutely love.
Speaker 2: Like you know, phase five from now to kind of twenty twenty four. I think that is very interesting. And I think that we could see Deadpool and Wolverine as mutants, as potential members of a multiversal X Men team, so they understand that the X Men already exist, even if it isn't public here. I think we could see be a way that they start to really see those words and characters and phrases, even if it's just a touch of it. And then I do believe that we would probably with that movie coming out when it is supposed to come out. I believe we will probably see that version of Logan and Depool whenever the big Secret Wars kind of battle, at least in a cameo phase. Who will the other mutants be when when we start to see you know, Storm, who I believe is kind of your nowadays, that's your primary X men that you want to introduce first. I don't know. That's the thing that I find most interesting. My one big prediction that we've talked about before that I think is true, is I think that post you know, this kind of multiverse phase, the multiverse saga, I think it's going to be the mutant saga, if any saga multiverse saga, mutant saga. I think that is. It makes sense.
Speaker 1: It kind of makes the most sense in that the mutants in the MCU gives you access to like an untapped mine of stories. Obviously it's a whole round in the Fox in the Fox Verse, but you could do them again in a better, more streamline.
Speaker 2: So we never got more lots. You know, there's so many different kind of We've seen so many characters, but you know, we've never had a definitive Bishop storyline. You know, one of the best mutants in the world.
Speaker 1: Of course people have been, which people have been? People can't wait for Bishop?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the I want bishops so badly, you know he I loved.
Speaker 1: What a scum. I need that scumbag in my life.
Speaker 2: Right, we need. I loved the glimpse that we got in Days of Future Past, and I felt like there were things that were done there that were very interesting, but we didn't get to expand on them. So I mean, I just I think about all the different teams that we could see, all the different teams that we love that are now being brought back to life, Excalibur, new Mutants, like these teams that meant so much to us when we were kids, X Factor, you know, X Force. There's so it's a whole. It's almost I feel like the stage where these movies could step out of the MCU and it becomes an entirely different I guess.
Speaker 1: Now that puts us several years off, and I think that that's probably what it's going to be. I will also say that I think that in addition to all the kind of seedings that we've seen, you know, Nay More, et cetera, like all the things that we just mentioned. I do think that, and we talked about this some weeks ago when we discuss AXC, the Judgment Day crossover event that just finished up in Marvel Comics, written by Kieran Galen with art by a number of artists including Valerio Shitty, that the Eternals your internal favorites, Do you kind of give us the most currently existing straight lined shot towards the X Men, because you could just say, because you know, in that crossover event, the Eternals or a faction of the Eternals are pitted against the Mutants because it turns out that the mutation is actually a form of a deviation. They're actually deviants by another name. In fact, deviants can take the Cocohen Gates telling you that genetically they're extremely similar. So I think that there's a world in which the Eternals, the mission of the Eternals, brings them into direct conflict with this thus far hidden sect of deviants that we can then can be then revealed to be mutants. I think that that is kind of our most direct straight line shot towards mutants in an earlier timeframe than kind of I think so too, especially that's happening now.
Speaker 2: The Krakoa stuff has been so popular and has really reignited the X Office in a way we haven't seen for a long time. So I wouldn't be.
Speaker 1: Surprised a long time if.
Speaker 2: As an old school lifelong like middle aged almost at this point, like X Memban, it blows my mind to imagine that Krakoa wouldn't be too weird for them to put on screen. But I feel the easiest, simplest direct line to what we already have, So I wouldn't be surprised if if we saw them start taking from that era.
Speaker 1: Well, it's the problem that we talked about that we've talked about so many times before, which is that you can introduce them a million different ways. But the issue is the crux of the mutant drama is that the world does not accept them. Maybe they're hated and feared, and there's been multiple very successful attempts at wiping them out as a race that have happened in Marvel comics. And without that kind of drama and tragedy, you kind of don't have the mutants. You need to hate it and feared. Now again, I think they're seeding it again, as we saw with Damage control and the UH and the prison that that we visited during Miss Marvel. I think that that's there, you know, with Sword and the kind of the way they're kind of pivoting Sword to kind of study sentient computers, potentially giving us an entrede to sentinels of the sentinel programs. I think they're seating all that stuff, But we need to hated and feared before the mutants. Like I'm with you, it'd be they could certainly say, oh, here's Crocoa and here's all the mutants and they've been hiding here, and it's but I think that it wouldn't have the same impact unless you get the MCU writ large to a place where people with powers are feared and mutants in particular are hated, feared, despised to the point where people would be just kind of okay with somebody going to try and wipe them out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you're absolutely right on that front, and that's like the biggest conflict. Also, again, I know it gets like this every time one of the MCU movies come, because we're like so excited about what the implications could be. But again, I think Quantumania could set us even closer to that path where if Kang or whoever gets out of Cassie's you know, quantum kind of teleportation conversation device that she created, which, by the way, somebody should have stopped her because that was a really stupid idea. Ah, But like that, opening that space to the quantum realm, introducing different kinds of powered characters who did not get their powers from military suits or military experiments or the accepted ways in the MCU, are more cosmic empower who are more reminiscent of, say a Thanos. I could definitely see a route where Kang comes to our universe in the role of a benefactor who wants to help but is treated as if he is a villain like Thanos, and that can stoke that fear and also create a conflict between Kang and his hopeful ally Paul Rod, who, by the way, I saw walking down the street in Sampedo this week filmingo reshoots, happy cheeky additional photography in that same comic shop.
Speaker 1: What do you think that means?
Speaker 2: Honestly, this is very interested.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing, this is not uncommon, right reshoots. Reshoots are very very common, particularly in these kind of franchise movies, both on the DC side and the Marvel side. But it is quite late in the game, and I don't know for a fact that this is the latest reshoots that we've seen. I guess it does come out in so it's I guess asual, right. I guess like Avengers, the Schwarma scene was kind of like quick and dirty and very close to release. But what do you think it means?
Speaker 2: So so the scene that I saw them shooting, because it was just in my neighborhood. I was just wandering around and they were they were doing a shot of him going going into the coffee shop, and we saw the same character actor he was outside who was in the coffee shop. So maybe expanding on that scene, because I think people really liked it with the Spider Man joke, Maybe it's an end sequence where he goes back and they thank him and they get his name right. That seemed like something that would make.
Speaker 1: Sense to me.
Speaker 2: Also, I did think the trailers, which looked amazing and completely wild and very spy kids, which is always a compliment in my opinion, I did think they were lacking on the traditional ant Man jokes. Ant Man is very much the comedic kind of going back to Phase one type movie, So I'll be very interested to see if maybe it was punch ups. It was additional photography. They also were shooting in this very outrageous like classical restaurant that's kind of it, called the Jay Tranny's. I saw them shooting outside, so I'm very interested to see what that would be because I don't believe we've seen anything in or around there. So yeah, and it was again they were shooting. They were shooting San Francis. I'm pro for San Francisco, so it's set, it's still there. It could have also just been easier to shoot here than going back to SF. But yeah, additional photography a month before the movie.
Speaker 1: I'm intrigued.
Speaker 2: There's a new trailer coming out quite I.
Speaker 1: Intrigued, So well, we shall see. X ray Vision will be back. If waiting one whole week for new episodes, it's too long, grab your cape and strap in because X ray Vision is coming twice a week now. That's right, two episodes a week. Tune in every Wednesday and Friday for the hottest pop culture topics, deep dives in more right here with us on XRV. Listen now, wherever you get your podcasts. X ray Vision is brought to you by Viewery. Viewory is a new perspective on performance apparel. Perfect If you're sick and tired of traditional workout gear that'schlvey old sweatpants look, then honestly I dabble into but uh, it's not that adaptable. Here's the thing about Viewory. It's all designed to work out in, but it doesn't look or feel like it. It's so freaking comfortable you will want to wear it all the time. Seriously, it's probably more comfortable than whatever you're wearing right now. Here's the thing, and this is nobs. I'm being absolutely, one hundred percent straight up real deal. Holy feel honest with you. I'm wearing them right now. I'm wearing them right now. I'm wearing the Viory Sunday Performance Jagger and like a burgundy color. The product is incredibly versatile. It can be used for just about any activity like running, training, swimming, yoga, weightlifting, cross fit or what about doing nothing? What about taking some time from yourself to just layser around, read some comic books, hang out with your dog and do nothing. You can do that in Vieora too, and to do it very comfortably, and it's great for the planet. Viewreas one hundred percent offsetting their carbon footprint. They're also reducing an offsetting one hundred percent of their plastic footprint for twenty nineteen and beyond, they are utilizing better sustainable materials for their products. Empowering your best active life vioras an investment in your happiness. For our listeners, they are offering twenty percent off your first purchase. Get yourself some of the most comfortable and versatile clothing on the planet at Vori dot com slash x ray that's vuo ri I dot com slash x ray. Not only will you receive twenty percent off your first purchase, but enjoy free shipping on any US orders over seventy five dollars end free returns. Go to vieury dot com slash x ray and discover the versatility of the Uri clothing. This episode of x ray Vision is brought to you by carry Yuma, the sustainable sneaker worn by skaters and surfers. Carryum is reimagining classic sneakers with human the plane into mind. It's the middle of winner, It's time to get real about layers, lining, everything that's going to keep you warm and comfortable when you head outside into that winter weather, when you leave the park at home. The bestseller Oka is Just Right. Twenty thousand and five star reviewers and seventy thousand waitlisters. Even your favorite celebrities love this versatile, crazy comfortable shoe. This is Carriyuma's new school take on a classic sneaker. Take your pick of durable, organiccotton canvas or ultrasoft, responsibly sourced swede. Kararyuma says cozy shouldn't come at a cost of the planet. That's why they created Katuri and Okatherma winter boots disguised as high tops, made with one hundred percent vegan and recycled materials, and produce in a way that's ethical and transparent. One thing you should know about Karuma They're obsessed with comfort. Even their insoles are lined with vegan shearling. For every pair of sneakers sold, carrymus team plants two trees one two tri counum two trees in the Brazilian rainforest. Carriyomus ships all their sneakers free and fast in the USA and offers worldwide shipping and sixty day free returns. They deliver right to your front door using single box, recycled packaging, and for limited time, X ray Vision listeners can get exclusive fifteen percent off your pair of Carrium Seekers go to carium a dot com slash x ray to get fifteen percent off. That's car Iuma dot com slash x ray for fifteen percent off only for a limited time. X Ray Vision is brought to you by Smile Actives. Are you self conscious about your smile due to stains? Are your teeth aging you? Popular food and drinks are known to stain teeth. Beverages like coffee, which I drink by the gallon, and wine stain them over time. So what can you do to brighten your smile? Well, you should give smile actives that try. Smile Actives is safe, it's a big deal. It's going to be in your mouth, easy to use, and it will keep you smiling proudly. Ninety seven percent of Smile Actives users in a clinical trial reported up to six shades wider on average, all within thirty days. That's a regular old month. Have you ever wished that you had a whiter and brighter smile? That's what we're talking about right. Well, before you visit a dentist, which you should do, you should know that their whitening treatments can be very expensive. And it's not just the price, it's the hassle. You have to book the appointment. It's a schedule at a time from work, you have to go, leave your family and friends and sitting in a dentist's office where it's all weird in there, and they're making small talk at you, you, and there's bad magazines. It's just annoying. Fortunately, now you can try Smile Actives at home or anywhere anytime. Smile Actives offers a safe and affordable alternative to those expensive whitening procedures. Simply as Smile Actors pro whitening jelty, irregular toothpaste. That's it, that's the setup. How do you use it? Then you just brush your teeth. You brush your teeth like normal. It's been formulated with polyclean technology. What's that you ask. It's more than un clean, and it's more than by clean. It's polyclean. It's lots of cleaning tech in one formula to boost stain removal and deliver active whitening ingredients to the teeth. Grooves and crannies to get bite or whitening. Some products only get the grooves, some products only get the crannies. Smile Actives getting the grooves and the crannies. Smile Actors makes the teeth whitening gel. It's simply be added to your toothpaste every time you brush your teeth. What could be similar? No change in your routine. Note it's your time yet people will start commenting on your white, brighter smile in mere days. Smile Actives is the whitening boost your favorite toothpaste needs to give you the smile you deserve. Visit Smile Actives dot com slash x ray today to receive our special buy one, get one free offer and free shipping and handling. That's Smile Actives dot com slash x ray and we're back. Let's continue with with the fox verse conversation you mentioned Deadpool. Edward asks a deleted stinger from Deadpool tool, Deadpool two, Deadpool Travels, What did I say, dead Pool too? Dead Pool Travels Deadpool two, which is the French version of Deadpool two. Deadpool travels back in time with the attempt to kill a baby Hitler at the end of Avengers endgame. Cap is you know, famous for socking Hitler and the Jaw, travels back in time to restore the Infinity Stones and learn to dance. If Cap gets wind of Deadpool's plans, does he jump back in time to help Deadpools or does he stop him? Do the ensuing hijinks cause the Fox Universe and the MCU to full inner on with each other. A asks a similar question, just asking basically how the Fox movie characters and the MCU characters and the MCU in general could interrelate your thoughts.
Speaker 2: So I will say I like this theory very much. He's very smart. But I'll tell you one thing I know about Captain America from the end of the Infinity Saga. He didn't he wasn't gonna change shit.
Speaker 1: He literally let everything.
Speaker 2: Else happen so he could just dance with his little girlfriend. He left behind his best friend, Inverted Commas, who he had literally caused an in the International Incident for, and then he was just like, peace out, Bucky, see you later.
Speaker 1: And then I gotta get there. I gotta meet a girl for a day.
Speaker 2: He literally allowed every single terrible thing to happen from the fifties to now and he didn't do any single thing. He did not change anything. So I believe, you know what, in that context, because he's not very good, he probably would have stopped their because he would have been like, well, this is the one thing I do have to change. But I I do not believe that Cap going back for that dance will be what causes the universes to fold, though I do think there is a very very very very very good argument that that is the easiest way to explain it, because that whole thing is just the timeline is so messy, and the idea that he could go back and not change anything is it doesn't make sense with the interior logic of the movies.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you this, do we with a cap of it all? To me, the biggest bump with Cap going back and just like living in a in a a life of you know, of romance with his beloved is that he wouldn't tell anyone that shield is actually Nazis. I'm telling you that shield like that. Do we one day find out that he tried that cated some kind of fucking splinter universe somewhere else?
Speaker 2: Did he kiss his own blood relation niece? Is that who Sharon Carr is because I don't understand. Also, like, how did he go back in time and live a peaceful life? So was does that mean that the other version of Captain America was the entire time going through time and being Captain America, because then he must have just stayed in the house whole time. It's very confusing. I hope he did try to tell someone about Shield, because that's really messed up. I will also ask you. One of my asked a really fun thing, which was like, how do what's your dream team up of a Fox character and an MCU character. What's yours?
Speaker 4: Oh gosh, wow, you know I would this is kind of recency bias.
Speaker 1: But Logan and cap finding Yeah, classics, this is this is agel, this age old pairing in the comics. But finding out that they have a history somehow in World War Two, you know, and some of the stuff that we didn't see in Captain America First Avenger, their past crossed. Maybe he was part of the Howling Commandos. Everybody thought he died. Maybe they ran some maybe they were you know, when when the US Military Command realized the kind of impact that Captain America had, maybe they pull him out for a weekend and pair him with this shadowy agent named Logan who's maybe from Canada, maybe from somewhere else. They send them, they send them on some secret mission love doy whatever. But I think those two together, there's just there's just a lot of there's a lot of possibilities there along those similar veins. You know, at this point, nay War is the oldest, you know, the oldest character in the MCU and ends. We know that Logan is like one hundred Oh gosh, he would be like what one forty Yeah, at least hundred and forty five years old something like that, right. I think there's a world in which those two could have could have crossed paths. What about you?
Speaker 2: Oh, I think this is such a fun question. So my I have some like immediate, like funny ones that I would love to see for gag answers, which is like, I'd love to see our you know, our amazing Kamala Kahan meet Wolverine that's like her favorite in the comics. I'd love to see a Logan, a cranky Logan Wolverine and a Kamala who knows him somehow. That would be fun. Also, I think now Tom Holland is more of age, and the character is of age. You know, I would like to see that Ryan Reynolds Tom Holland, Deadpool Spider Man. There's like such a fun and flirty, weird, cheeky dynamic. But on a if I was gonna pick one thing, just because this is kind of a cheat, because I really just want these characters to be in the MCU. I would want to se Kamala go to the school up state, and for all of Laura Kinney and the new Mutants that they basically established, like Richter and everyone from that brilliant kind of phase of Logan, I'd love to just see them there. I felt like that group of kids was one of the most exciting kind of possibilities that we never got to explore. So that would be my real one. But I think the other two are a little bit more likely.
Speaker 1: One possibility also, and we've talked about it before, and this might be too much hat on a hat with all the multiple stuff and erasing realities that have already happened. But I also think that there is there's a path where Charles Xavier made everybody forget oh, definitely Mutants. I think all the shit happened. You know, various sentinel pograms have happened. You know there have been you know, the the shit back in the sixties in X Men First Class actually happened. But then Charles Xavier was like, you know what, this is too much fucking trouble. I just want to raise my kids, my child soldiers in peace. I am gonna hook myself up to Threebro and just because I am so fucking powerful, I'm gonna make everybody for he's evil and he does.
Speaker 2: He's evil. Charles, as we know, he has that side, and he has gene hooked up to like a sabribro like in a coma. Just doing it constantly, that would be so bleak, But I do. I feel like Charles has it in him. I love that.
Speaker 1: I would love.
Speaker 2: If there's one character I'd love to see them bring back and do something really unexpected with it is James Marsden as Cyclops, because like I'm not a Psyclone didn't dirty, but they didn't. He didn't dirty. And imagine if he I always thought the coolest thing to do with Cable because that's Scott's Summer's son. Just in case you didn't know, that makes a lot of sense. I always thought it would have been really cool if they cast Marsden as Cable as well, but like grizzled him up. But seeing as we have you know, Josh Brolin Cable, I would love to see that version of Scott come back and they do something along the lines of that, like psychic Romance with Emma that they did in New X Men. You know, I would love to see a kind of aged up down a Scott, because I think that's the most interesting Scott. But you know how they will introduce the Fox characters or or get rid of them. We are probably the only people who are talking about it more than the Marvel studios, because they are talking about it every day. I swear to God that this must be the conversation.
Speaker 1: Okay, last one, uh magic Iliana Resputina and said, doctor Strange, Doctor Strange, just wandering around the canyons of the magic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is like a bad addece of casting. Bring her in.
Speaker 1: Y just happens upon the realm that is ruled by I. I love that or gets a gets a hint of this powerful magic figure with this gigantic sword out there, and maybe that gives us that would be a cool pairing as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, shall we do Uh, let's let's just Spidey. Okay, Anthony asks, and Anthony uh submitted this question multiple times, so thank you. We gotta do it. Yeah, how is Spider Man going to be incorporated into the MCU going forward? He's too big of a character in Marvel history, with interactions with so many of the remaining heavy hitters in today's MCU. They can't just have him be forgotten because of a spell. We've got so much history with him and Strange Dead Evil, the Fantastic Four, Fury Sam as Cap Miles. You know, we hope he shows up soon, which I think we can also addam. I was gonna say, let's let's add that on to the end of this question, because we've got a lot of people like Gloria asking about Miles, and I will say, I think the most important thing to remember about the spell, which is easy to forget because there was a lot going on in that movie. Yeah, people know who Spider Man is. They know that Spider Man exists. They just do not know that Peter Parker is Spider Man, and they basically essentially wiped the memory of Peter Parker out kind of cosmically of everyone who is in that universe. They're will likely, as we have talked about before, be an exception. There will be someone who is off planet, there will be someone who remembers him potentially, so Spider Man is going to be there. The big question is how does Spider Man have personal interactions with these characters when so many of their relationships were based on the fact that he was this young hero who wasn't afraid to show them his face, who was sweet, who had this hot on all these personal things. That was what made him beloved in the Avengers. That was how he you know, with his little pajama suit, like those were the memories people have. So the question is, does Spider Man now become this kind of almost like a lone wolf hero who people are like, oh, he's so enigmatic, none of us know who he is, and when does that get broken? And I do think that I've spoken about this before, like we've chatted about on the pod, but I do think that his role right now actually helps us seed Miles because it essentially makes him a figurehead instead of a person, and it'll buy a miles.
Speaker 1: Imagine what a huge emotional moment it's gonna be when, potentially upon Peter's mortal wounding at the hands of one of his great enemies, the spell is broken, and all of a sudden, people remember who Peter is as he's like laying dying because he's gonna die. So I just think that there's gonna I think there's gonna be a massive emotional impact when they break that spell, and I think it's probably gonna be as we say goodbye to Tom Holland and the MCU. I think what they're gonna do is go to the kind of in air quotes, kind of classic mid eighties and nineties Spider Man's stories working at the beauty, you know, the version of the Bugle. He's gonna he's gonna be get an adult job.
Speaker 2: You can kind of in the most classic Spider Man setup. He's in a shitty content. He needs to get a job.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: He doesn't have like Tony Stark paying for him. It's almost the New Origin story, which I loved.
Speaker 1: That's exactly where I'm going. He's gonna he's gonna get a job working for j Jon and Jamison, who's gonna be a fucking complete asshole right around and he's going to be scuttling around trying to get some money. Maybe he's gonna date, Maybe he's gonna run into a jewel thief lady who all of a sudden he has some like romantic sparks. There is many, but he's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be poker is a ladies man.
Speaker 1: Is the polite eighties and nineties Peter was a fucking heart throb.
Speaker 2: So I think that that's potential of interests, and I think those will kind of think.
Speaker 1: I think that that's where we're going to go, is the kind of classic eighties and nineties Spider Man stories where he's, you know, a young adult guy with a job, just trying to balance paying the rent with doing Spider Man hijinks. Meanwhile, everybody's like, who the hell is Spider Man? We have no idea. I also will say that I think that I think when they reconfigure the Avengers, he's also he's going to be part of whatever the new Avengers team is when they finally put that team back together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's all. That's that's the way it's going to go down. Also, I'm very interested, what do you think before we get to Miles, because I do think that's the biggest outstanding question in the MCU, pretty much above anything else. Do you think I think that we will see them do a version of the Black Suit Spider Man stuff with Tom, with the little bit of the venom that has been left by Tom Hardy, Good old Tom Hardy.
Speaker 1: There, you know, he'sa he is served as Heggy sent him back to his own.
Speaker 2: You know, the Symbia test tube you see where he can jump around and eat some lobsters. What do you think do you think we'll see it with Tom? I think that could be very cool, but it has been done obviously so iconically in Spider Man three that it's now come back around to people loving it. I love that movie. But or do you think they'll do something different where we would see Flash get it and you get that different version of venom, or you would see you know, maybe they go straight to a more planet, you know, planet Symbia, kind of like multiple different symbios existing in the MSU. Maybe they want to venomize everyone they love to do that in the comics. What do you think because the Symbia being there and Peter not being Peter and kind of publicly known as Peter I think is that's leading somewhere.
Speaker 1: I think you give it. I think the Symbia can't be in the MCU without being drawn to Peter. Considering the origins of the Symbi it you know, in the in the Sony version of the universe, right, it knew him, it knows him. It's gonna that's great to him. So I kind of think logically, there's kind of it makes I know they've done it before, but they've done it before in an alternate universe, and I think that Symbia is going to seek Peter out.
Speaker 2: It wouldn't be to see like a a more that I love Spider Man three, but you know, someone who didn't love venom is is Sam Raimi's not a huge bang. I'd love to see a real spooky, cool, weird version and you have Peter having to go through that himself because he doesn't have that support base, and then you could establish your primary venoms. I mean, I'm very interested the implications of No Way Home. Who does and doesn't exist? I mean, you know, they kind of said you have Norman and he's like, wherever is my son? You know, and there's decided that Norman doesn't exist in that universe, Norman, but does he like? Those are the characters I think we could see and that kind of eighties and nineties more classical Spider Man as we imagine him from that era. I think those are the big questions. Which villains are now going to appear in the MCU, Who has suddenly have been there the whole time? Or who he meets at college, you know, his little friends.
Speaker 1: I will say one more thing. Symbia may be the only person that remembers Peter Parker.
Speaker 5: Oh, because it's technically like a human, not technically a human from a different universe, from a different universe remembers Peter Parker, but not this one.
Speaker 1: And I think that there. I think there's a lot of ways around. I think there's a lot of ways around the spell through the Symbiate.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: And it just makes so much sense that he's going to seek Peter out. It just makes too much sense to me that he would do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you're you're like, one line pitch like, how Miles will make it into the MCU.
Speaker 1: He did just what you said. He inspires Miles towards wanting to be this person who makes a difference in the way Spider Man makes a difference, and it's and it's the death of Peter Parker that that propels him on his journey. And like, that's one of the most impactful deaths in Marvel comics, in the Ultimate Universe. It is just it it's crushing, it's inspirational, it's amazing.
Speaker 2: It's just so many great interactions for Miles too, and great relationships.
Speaker 1: And I think he gotta do it again. Snot Olstad asks, can Cody Zigler reveal whose idea it was to return Miles to his classic costume for his new run. I've got zig cemented on my pull list, but the streetwear suit was the best Miles suit of all time. Let's go to zig himself for the answer.
Speaker 6: You know what snot. This may shock you, and this may even surprise you, but your boy Cody Zigler had absolutely no say in selecting Miles's return to his classic costume. I also, I was also a really big fan of the streetwear suit designed by Chase Conley, fantastic illustrator and and and comic comic artist and obviously designer in his own right. Funny enough, when that suit was first sort of being voted around. I mean, I got an email from Nicko Low, who's the head editor for the Spider Offices, just like sort of getting he wanted to get like my take on on the suit update, and it is I think, I wrote back, It's like, this is one of the coolest things I've ever seen. The version that eventually they they ended up landing almost a little bit more simplified than the one that I originally saw but and gave notes on. But if you go to Chase Conley's Twitter or Instagram, uh, they've had They've they've posted their original designs for it. You can see it's got these really cool like straps like techwar tech worl like straps and stuff on the suit. That didn't really make it to the wards, the final version, because I believe they were concerned that it'd be too complicated for artists to keep drawing that every time it's like a huge action scene, which I get. But also, you know, part of me, if you know anything about me, I'm a huge streetwear fan, So I was a bit bummed about that. But yeah, that was that's the that was like the practical reason. But I think from like a story standpoint or like a narrow standpoint. You know, a lot of this arc that I'm going to be writing is about sort of starting a new status quo and starting things over and Miles going back to his roots. So I think thematically it it, it makes sense. But you know, maybe there's a way I can weasel my way into getting have that's that his his his last suit pop up again and some future stories because I am a big fan of it and a big fan of Chase to begin with. So Stott, I hope that answers your question, and thanks for reading, and I hope you continue to enjoy, enjoy the Miles story.
Speaker 2: We're going back back to wester Ross, one of Jason's favorite Let's goe.
Speaker 1: I love it there. I love it there. I don't know what to say. I love it there.
Speaker 2: It feels like you're going back on a nice vacation. Bailey asks, Oh, this one you're going to go deep on. This one is Adam of Hall and then an equals sign Lena possible question and if not, do you think House of the Dragon will revisit Lena at all?
Speaker 1: I my initial reaction, and this is how I still feel when I when this theory started popping up is that it would be it would be maybe too confusing to bring lane Or back as Adam fall. So, Adam of Hull is a bastard of drift Mark, uh, one of the so called dragon seeds. This is I should add spoilers for House of the Dragon seasons two, three and beyond, so as the need for dragon becomes more pressing. Thus the search for people with Valerian lineage is launched, and one of the people they find is Adam of Hull, who is one of the so called dragon seeds, a bastard fathered by some member of the Valerian lineage who has just been running around Driftmark. You know how much they love brothels and stuff. And then he becomes a dragon writer, also writing c Smoke of course Lenor's former dragon. He becomes a quite an important figure in the middle of this world. I think it would be how would you hide it from people? I think that lane Or is too notable a person for it to work. But I think that there, man, if you could really crack the code on how it could work, it would be pretty fucking amazing. But I don't. It just feels like it's just the fact that there was never even a whisper in the histories.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: The reason the Leynor reveal the fact that he was not killed and he actually survived and escaped. The reason it has such an impact is there's no hint of that in the histories, in the various tellings of that history, most notably Fire and Blood, which tells us that no one even thought of it. There was never even a hint, There was never even a rumor that. Hey, and there are lots of examples throughout Westrss's history of people pretending to be other people coming back as other people saying, hey, I'm actually this person, but they're not. You know, in Dance of Dragons, there's currently a egon targarian running around who everybody is calling Fagon because pretty bunch people are pretty convinced that he's not actually a targarian. This happens a lot in that world. And the fact that nobody the facts not mentioned that text tells me that nobody, even you know, had a hint of it, which kind of suggests to me that Lenor is not Adam of hult Adam Vlais.
Speaker 2: It's like it would have to be the slickest, most fool proof transformation. It has to be a.
Speaker 1: Really great way of doing like he's all scarred up, something happened to him over there in SLOs where he looks like a different guy and nobody even has a hint of it. And and even to the point, because I think that obviously, I think, you know, I think Corliss and Sray niece would act, would react very very negatively to the realization that their son shirked all responsibilities and fled. So if they did do it, he would have to hide his identity from certainly his parents and everyone but Nira, like he would just it would just have to be and and damon, it would just have to be the most tightly guarded secret. That's the only way to do it.
Speaker 2: And Bailey has a very import and follow up question, do you think you'll ever say kaiban in the style of Grandmaster Paisel on X ray Vision?
Speaker 1: Do you?
Speaker 2: And have you ever said kaiba as in the Crystal from Star Wars in that way like I do it right.
Speaker 1: Now, Kibra kaiba kila crystal crystal? Uh? Has I have said kaiburn in just a natural conversation ever since recording those those sound bites, years ago, and I continue to enjoy doing it and thanks for thanks for bringing it up. Bailey. Josh asks I'm reading through Gamers Norman's books for the first time, currently on book five, Dance the Dragons and Faltering because I'm scared six and seven will simply never see the light of day. Welcome to the very, very populated club. Any encouragement you can give me would be appreciated. Ha ha ha. Do you want to start off with any encouragement on why should continue? You know what?
Speaker 2: I would say, this is such a hard question, especially when the book series is probably the most famously currently unfinished book series in the world, to the point where.
Speaker 1: It's like.
Speaker 2: I would just say, I would just say just enjoy each book as you go. One, these books are very long. Two, if you like me and Jason, you can reread them. And three the books exist in a vacuum outside of whatever comes afterwards. And I would just say that if you're enjoying them, read them, take a little break if you want. And also, you know what, just trust George. He says he's going to finish him, so I'm like, let's just take him at his word. He's put this world together he spent decades creating it.
Speaker 1: He says he's been on a great streak of writing lately, so I don't know. I remain hopeful even as I realize as I hear myself say that that that sounds crazy, I would say, and I completely agree with you, Rosie. I would say, Josh that I don't know where you are in the book, so I need to be careful right saying stuff. But there are moments, and I guess I'll mention that Wyman Manderley, the Lord of White Harbor, is involved in the most notable of these. There are moments in A Dance of Dragons that had me at the edge of my seat because I could finally feel like the story was turning towards something of a resolution. And there is an incredible Wyman Manderly's speech in that book that to this day I will break out and reread because I think it's so good. There's like just some really really wonderful moments and it listen, it is disheartening to realize that like it's like basically stuck at like season five of Gave It Throws, like that's where we've been stuck for like twelve years. But I think there's some incredible, incredible like sun breaking through the clouds, moments in a dance of dragons that if you've come this far, are absolutely worth seeing through and listen again. I remain hopeful. I remain hopeful, hope we'll find a way. I also believe that you know that they're in a cynical sense. There is no kind of media entity currently in existence that is going to leave hundreds of millions of dollars on the table. Those books will come out. Will George write them, that is the question. How will they be created is the question. But those books are going to come out one way or another. I know George has said that he doesn't want that to happen. I guess cynically, I feel like that's just one of those things that is going to happen. Those books will come out, they will be and if George doesn't write them, which I think he will again, I remain hopeful they'll be based off his notes something like that. And I certainly think I remain I know that I'm gonna be roasted for this. I remain ninety seven percent sure that we will see Wins of Winter ninety seven percent. I believe we will see it what year? Q four twenty twenty three.
Speaker 3: Hopeful Mom, Hopeful Mom, Holiday Holiday twenty twenty three.
Speaker 1: Okay, moving on, Maddie asks what would your dream mission to see on the upcoming season of The Bad Batch, which the first two episodes are out now, and I think they're great.
Speaker 2: They're really great.
Speaker 1: I think they're really really strong.
Speaker 2: This is just such a delightful show. I love these characters. For me, really, thing centering around Omega. I've always been a huge kind of character kids, sidekick person, and I think that this is one of the most interesting spaces within that. I also think the first two episodes hint at some good missions that we're going to get around the kind of realities of Order sixty six and what happens when it doesn't occur. So basically, I just want to see this ragtag found family go on a mission. Maybe after the end of last season where Crosshair kind of split off from them, I'd love to see them maybe have to help him out some kind of reconnection there. But yeah, I'm I'm really excited, and I'm glad that our listeners love the show so much, because I do think it's a really really special show.
Speaker 1: I would love to see some, and we got hints of it, particularly in the second episode of the current season, when you know, the bad Batch are kind of debating amongst themselves how how involved in the non existent fight that is currently going on they should get. Should we we understand that something terrible is going on has gone on with the rise of the Empire, should we do something to stop it? And I would be really eager to see their role in the formation of what we now call the Rebel Alliance, if that, if there is a role for them to have, because just the fact that they're debating it, you know, this is obviously a debate that's going on in this particular timeline, in this particular time in galactic history, you know, in various just different parts of this story. And I think that the fact that they are having that conversation means that, you know, could we see we're already seeing them kind of get mixed up with their former clone compatriots in a raid and an attempted heist, you know of Count Dooku's you know, former riches that could bring them into conflict with any number of Imperial figures, early Imperial figures, including maybe you know, Tarkan maybe. I think that I would just love to see because we don't know anything about it. I would love to see if they play any role in the formation of the Rebel Alliance and what that would look like. I think that'd be really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love that, especially because the thing that makes a bad Batch so special, and the way that Filonia has used the animation in general, is to look at all the different small parts that come together to make the whole that is the Rebellion, the people who are background, who are collateral damage in the you know, the case of the Clones, and to kind of expand on that. So I think that'd be a lovely way to see it.
Speaker 1: And then finally, a couple of questions about the Last of Us, which is going to debut next Sunday on HBO. Max Matt says, don't know if you'll cover this on the POT, but I'm a hype for the Last of Us. How much of the first game do you guess will be covered in the first season? What do you think will make this zombie show different from others like The Walking Dead for instance? And then after bedtime Gamer asks will you be covering the Last of Us? Adaptation for HBO. If so, any thoughts leading into the premiere. Yeah, first of all, we're gonna be covering it, covering it. Maybe we can reveal now as we enter this phase of the X ray Vision podcast. X ray Vision will be in your years twice a week, Wednesdays and Fridays. This Friday's episode, we're going to be covering the Last of Us game. It's gonna be our first installment on the story of the Last of Us, the first Last of Us game, which is just a tremendous storytelling experienced, tremendous game experience. We can't wait to bring that to you. And yes, we will be covering the show on a weekly basis. It's in terms of Max's question, Rosie, how much do you think they're going to cover it in this first episode in the first season.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna be real. I think that the game, I think you could tell the most important parts of the game in a season, and I think that would be the smartest thing to do. Do I think they're going to do that? Probably not. I think that we will probably. I think they will probably stretch out over two seasons. Though the game is this kind of all encompassing, and we've both been replaying it like it's this all encompassing storytelling. So much of the time is taken up by you inhabiting the role, and obviously we're not going to be in that space. So I personally think you could do a brilliant limited series. But seeing as this has the potential to be the most successful video game adaptation of all time, you know, touch would, I'd assume they're going to stretch out a bit. I think, yeah, yeah, what do you think?
Speaker 1: Oh no, I was completely agreeing with you. I think what will make this different is going What's going to make this different is than The Walking Dead in particular, is the kind of part of the kind of drama generator of this story is a cure, a cure as possible. Unlike in The Walking Dead, where everybody's just like, this is what the world is now and you just have to deal with it.
Speaker 2: The what gives the.
Speaker 1: Last of Us game it's devastating emotional and moral punch, is a decision has to be made about trying to make a cure and what we would sacrifice to do it, right?
Speaker 2: That is I think I think that is and that is a big difference.
Speaker 1: It's a that is a huge because it's about selfish, it's also it's about.
Speaker 2: Like it's also finality that The Walking Dead didn't have at the time because the comic book was ongoing. I will also say, in replaying the game, something that blew my mind, and I'm really excited to talk about this game and and it's kind of origins because something that kind of blew my mind was the game was being developed a year before The Walking Dead got onto TV. Now, the game was probably inspired at least in part by the comics, but there are a lot of differences, and you can see that it becomes this cyclical thing where the Walking Dead TV show also starts to feed off The Last of Us and the way the Last of Us tell stories one of the biggest differences that I think that I was kind of really blown away with playing the game again. I think it's the The Last of Us is a game that is very bleak and has these immense moral choices, and is very sad and scary, but it has these unbelievable moments of beauty almost constantly throughout the game, even if you're just walking around in a broken down landscape about to kill ten people. By the way, Tessa's a psycho, Like, she really made me murder so many people when I started playing again.
Speaker 1: You know what, like she's every survivor is no judgment, but I was shocked.
Speaker 2: I was killing a lot of people, and I I had forgotten that part. But even when you're just walking around the city, you go from it's not that Resident Evil style Walking Dead style. Everything is grim, everything is dark, everyone is getting eaten by a zombie all points. There is a lot of quiet, and there are these moments of beautiful, overgrown nature of peace. And I hope that that is going to be something that they keep in the show because that will really make it stand out against that kind of grim grit and kind of constant grind of The Walking Dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can't wait to dive into that show. Thanks for all your questions. Up next nerd out.
Speaker 2: Back. In today's Nerd out where you tell us what you love them why, listen to Swati pictures us on the Netflix reboot of Shira.
Speaker 7: Hello, Jason Rosie and my fellow nerds. My name's Swati and I'm here today to share my love for Shira. The twenty eighteen Netflix reboot of the classic nineteen eighties animated series that I grew up on. This version of Shira is gay Star Wars with a Lisa Frank esthetic and a bit of Sailor Moon thrown in. It's the most wholesome show I've ever watched, perfect for adults and children. It made me laugh, made me cry, warmed my heart, and I just want to watch it over and over. Also, it has a banging theme song I can't help but sing every time I watch. The show is hilarious, with wildly funny characters and ridiculous shenanigans you'd expect from a kid's show, but it also has a very deeply moving story about good versus evil. A quick synopsis, Adra and Katra are orphans raised by the Hord, a military unit similar to the Empire. One night, Adorra finds a magical sword that transforms her into the legendary warrior Princess Shira. She learns that the Horde is evil and trying to take over their world. Etherea, Adorra teams up with the Princesses of Power, but to save the world, she has to go against her best friends since childhood, Kattra, who doesn't want to leave the Horde. Over the course of the show, Adorra searches for her origins as she fights to do the right thing without sacrificing the people she loves. Over five seasons, Shira explores themes of identity, friendship, sacrifice, and love. The stakes are high in this show. The Princess Alliance is fighting to save Etheria and the universe. I would compare this to Star Wars Rebels in the depth of character development and the epic battle of good versus evil. But my favorite part about Shira is how unabashedly queer it is in Etherea. Queerness is just a normal part of society and life as it should be. Princes are married, people have gay parents, and we even have a very fun non binary character, Double Trouble, voiced by non binary actor Jacob Tobia. It's how the world should be, with queerness existing the same as straitness. Also, Adra and Cattra are the best, will they won't they ship into They are also deeply heartfelt characters, as are the rest of the cast, which includes Karen Fukuhara, the actress who plays Kimiko on The Boys as Princess Glimmer. So go watch Chier on Netflix. It's five seasons of hilarious hijinks and epic battles. I hope you enjoyed as much as I did. For the honor of Gray Skull Catridora Forever.
Speaker 2: Thanks Sadie for submitting. If you want to be featured and send your note out, pitch to x ray croocket dot com instructions in the show notes.
Speaker 1: That's it for us. Big thank you to the listeners for submitting so many incredible questions. Happy twenty two eighty three to everybody. We didn't get to all of them, but we will of course continue to do more mail bags on the show. Rosie, it's time for plugs. What do you have to plug?
Speaker 2: You can find my work on all the usual sites. I have a website rosinight dot com which will send you to all of them. There's also scenes and comics on there. You can find me on letterbox and Instagram at Rosie, Marx and I will be covering the lost of us at IG. I'll have some cool stuff coming out at Primetime. Are about some other rad shows that are coming out soon and yeah, just you know, as soon as February comes around, we'll be ampt manning hard so enjoy this.
Speaker 1: Yes, MC you break catch the next episode of the Extra Vision Pod this Friday, January thirteenth, because remember, we're now coming to you twice a week. That's twice, the Deep dives twice, the Tinfoil hat theories twice, that we were rites twice, the nerd outs twice, the everything's double it and pass it on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and if you like us, you know what to do a subscribe to the show on YouTube, follow on XRV pod on Twitter, check out the discord where me and Jason not active, and you can hang out with a bunch of core people who are always having great thoughts, great theories, great recommendations. It's total joy to be in there. Got to shout out the mods because they keep that just the most positive, exciting place to be. And yeah, five star reviews, baby, we love them.
Speaker 1: Here's this episode's five star review from Jamison has a truly comprehensive look at the stories we tell. Jason and Rosie do such an amazing job of taking deep at bringing their diverse backgrounds and stories into their analysis. That's so nice.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you, We try out back.
Speaker 1: Thank you Jaffison.
Speaker 2: We love the five star rating.
Speaker 1: X ray Vision is a Crooked Media production. The show is produced by Chris Lord and Saul Rubin. The show is executive produced by myself and Sandy Rhard are editing in sound design. Who's by Vacilli's Photopoulos. Dilon Villanueva and Matt de Group provide video production support. Alex Rellaford handle social media. Thank you Brian Vasquez for theme music. See you next time.