Speaker 1: Energy, energy, happy be Halloween ladies and gentlemen. Jules, I don't think that that's scary. So we're really we're really dumb and dumber.
Speaker 2: Oh good thing. It's just like, well, welcome to Dudes On Dudes. I'm Julian Edelman and I'm rapped Aroundkowski.
Speaker 1: Okay, Harry, Harry, qush your name again?
Speaker 2: Lloyd Orr Hi right not Halloween. Listen Dudes on Durds, the show where your favorite dudes talk about their favorite dudes. On today's special Halloween episode, we are talking some of the scariest dudes of all time.
Speaker 1: These guys are intimidating.
Speaker 2: We're talking Ray Lewis. He set the stage for what Baltimore has come.
Speaker 1: Who else are we talking?
Speaker 2: Ken State, Golden Flash, Jack Lambert. What if you were lined up and he looked at you with his no teeth.
Speaker 1: I'd probably be wide open because I'm gonna run full freaking speed away from him.
Speaker 2: And fucking James Harrison, who flashes.
Speaker 1: You know, if I hit him hard man, I'm gonna tell you he's gonna pick me up and throw me in the next place. So I never wanted the trigger him. I always just try to get in his way.
Speaker 2: We'll break down their games, we'll share some insider stories and determine what kind of dude each of these dudes are. And then we wrap it up by comparing some of your NFL favorites two iconic horror villains or movie villains. We're not We're guys. Were dumb and dumber. Why Harry Harry balls? Let's go.
Speaker 1: All right before we talk some scary dudes, we have a big, big announcement.
Speaker 2: I couldn't hear you too much hyping hot pizza over here. I can't hear you. There's so much pizza.
Speaker 1: Oh that's right, number one on Spotify. Thanks to all you guys out there. Thank you to all our listeners. We appreciate your support big time.
Speaker 2: You guys rock. Thank you. Now we got to hit number one on Apple.
Speaker 1: And what happens if we do hit number one on Apple?
Speaker 2: I hope we're freaking pizza. I want like we gotta do double pizza party. You guys gotta tell us what we should do so we can have pizza party. Subscribe and write a review. This is just like give you like nostalgia of like when you were a kid, just sitting down eating a slice of pizza, like when.
Speaker 1: You want somebody know what this pizza reminds me of Chucky Jesus.
Speaker 2: That pizza always looks so good on the commercial, But it was never that good when you went there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, but when you're a kid, it was good.
Speaker 2: When you're a kid, any kind of pizza was good. You need to help us by planning in another pizza party, guys, send us some suggestions. Hit the bottom.
Speaker 1: All right, back to the episode A Pizza Julian. Who's our first scariest dude of all scariest dudes.
Speaker 2: Our first guests that we'll be talking about on the Halloween edition of Dudes on Dude Scary motherfuckers, I mean scary guys. We'll start with former teammate of mind on Inside the NFL Ray Lewis scary soob let's see what AI has to say about him.
Speaker 1: All Right, we got some dude synopsis here. Scariest Dude Number one is ray Lewis. Let's see what AI has to say.
Speaker 2: It's a I gotta say.
Speaker 1: Ray Lewis is widely regarded. Ray Lewis is widely regarded as one of the greatest middle linebackers in NFL history, known for his intense playing style and leadership on the field and off the field. He overcame personal challenges and became a motivational figure, often speaking about discipline and perseverance. Lewis had significant impact on the Baltimore Ravens, leading them to two Super Bowl victories and earning the Super Bowl MVP in two thousand and one.
Speaker 2: Wow Wow, I was twelve.
Speaker 1: Years old in two thousand and one, Jules, how old were you about?
Speaker 2: Fourteen? Fourteen fifteen.
Speaker 1: Notably, he is the only player in NFL history with over forty career sacks and thirty interceptions instinct. Additionally, he was a twelve time Pro bowler and a two time NFL Defensive Player of the Year. Ray Lewis for you, ladies and gentlemen, brought to you by AI.
Speaker 2: I think the AI is pretty right. I worked with Ray as soon as I retired on inside the NFL, and in those pre production meetings he would speak and I felt like I wanted to run through a goddamn brick wall. Every time he would speak. He sounded like a pastor with the mix of craziness and a mix of a gladiator quote. Don't Ray, don't think I don't know where your quotes come from. We went to Rome together and I figured out that all of Ray's motivational quotes come from the movie The Gladiator. It was crazy, He's I remember, ain't him? He knocked me out of game? First off?
Speaker 1: What game was that? And what year was that he knocked you out of the game?
Speaker 2: It was Remember when Dion Branch came back for the first game back?
Speaker 1: So about was it twenty thirteen, your fourth year?
Speaker 2: This year? This was like two thousand and twelve, eleven or twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was two. Branch came back on the left on the team eleven. Yes, yes, two thousand times.
Speaker 2: My rookie year.
Speaker 1: Randy Moss was traded after the fourth game of the season, and then then we traded for We traded back for Dian Branch right that year, So it was my rookie year. It was your rookie year, Yes, twenty ten, the same season that Randy Moss got traded.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he hit me on under in the red area, and I remember hello, Di Nada like picking me up and saying, hey, buddy, your your your sidelines that way.
Speaker 1: That was that was Atchillette Stadium, Agelette, Yes, and it was twenty and ten.
Speaker 2: Ten it was he lit me up. And then the year before, this is my second year in the league. Year before, in the playoffs, he scored and I on a scramble in the red area, Tom darted it to me. I caught it and I got a touchdown, and Ray was right behind me, and he needed me so hard in my left butt cheek that like I got a crazy hematoma and I looked like I had j low booty one, like my butt was just I had one big butt. It was so fucking crazy. If we would have we got smoked that game, but I wouldn't have been able to play the next week because I had like internal bleeding. It was fucking nuts. So that dude has scared the shit out of me. What do you think about? First off, A, I h hit it on point.
Speaker 1: But they didn't, you know, talk about all his characteristics that he brings to the table as well. Yes, a great motivational speaker, great player, you know, all the accolades, two time Super Bowl champion, whatever, twelve time pro bowler, But they didn't talk about the characteristics that makes him himself vicious out in the field, vicious, absolutely vicious. Intimidating one hundred percent. I would put my hand down and I was already scared of Ray Lewis when he was lined up in front of me. I was when when you're scared of a player, you're kind of already beat as well. Just that's how intimidating he was. Just a nature of just the way he carried himself and energy that he brought to the table. You did not want to mess with Ray Lewis, no doubt, no ants, ifs or butts about that.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: He was not just scary, but he was also like one of the smartest football players. You fucking played very intellectual it like we I remember we'd be in a three by one, like a Trip's formation, and he'd be sitting there calling out like I watched his hook, watch his hook like, he'd be calling our plays and he would I remember talking to him when we worked together, and he would study all of our our TV copies so he could hear Tom's signals, he could hear all the line front signals. So anytime we would play the Ravens with Ray, we kind of knew that he knew everything. We had change everything because he was such a smart, hard working guy that did anything it took to fucking go out and win a game. If that meant sitting watching five hours of all the TV copies to just to get one little signal from something, That's what ray Lewis was doing. And he was just he was fucking Like we look at middle linebackers now, middle linebackers are two hundred and twenty five, two hundred and thirty pounds. Ray Lewis was sidelined the sideline two fifty two fifty doing war dances before the game, getting the whole city of Baltimore some light. I mean, he was their first first pick of that franchise. Like he set the stage for what Baltimore has become, you know, Like what he said in his things known for defense, tough team. You know it's carried out throughout. You know, Harball Harbor inherited him, rose it to what it is now. But there are tough fucking team. And ray Lewis was like the wardaddy of the war daddies.
Speaker 1: And he was the definition of a linebacker in the NFL in the decade of the two thousand era, No doubt about that. Big, strong, intimidating, fast, took no shit at all.
Speaker 2: He was the defensive captain.
Speaker 1: He was the guy in the huddle that got everyone, you know, in the right spots where they needed to be. He was the one that was calling every single defensive player. He was the absolute definition of a Mike linebacker, of a middle linebacker. Mike linebacker is just a name for the middle linebacker for all you people out there, So Mike linebacker, middle linebacker, same exact thing, MLB. But he was the definition. He was the standard of strength, of speed, of agility of a middle linebacker. And how giveness and how instinctiveness intellectual, just how smart he was the ability to know what plays were being called and how to fill a gap as well.
Speaker 2: That I'm mother effort.
Speaker 1: That mother effort knew how to fill a gap and blow a gap up better than any linebacker in the history of the game. And he set the example to all young guys, all players, all defensive players in high scoring college on how to play the linebacker position in the game of football. There's no doubt about that. And that was mean aggressive.
Speaker 2: What else is there? Julian fucking instinctive? Yes, just just all of it. And once again I got to experience and I got to be on a team, you know, with Ray and the way he motivated guys, like his stories and like how he would you have to Like he told me once we're doing inside the NFL, he goes, you got to win the crowd to win your freedom. I'm like, Ray, we're talking about football. We're not in a goddamn We're not at the Colisseum right now, Okay, Like.
Speaker 1: I want to run through the wall, but we're not hitting nobody.
Speaker 2: Yes, he would. He would say something and I couldn't understand anything, but I got the point. Like he would say something, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like, fuck, yeah, I don't.
Speaker 2: Let's let's have the best fucking show. Let's have a show, right, Like That's how Ray was, you know. And we we uh we went and did this convention over in Croatia together, and so I was like, great, let's you want to go to Rome after with me? And so me and Ray went to Rome and to watch him go. We went to the coliseum for a day and it was like watching a kid walk into a candy shop. When he saw that Colisseum, like you could tell that it was like ingrained in them. He was like, this is where the men that I am used to perform in the day of age of them. He said something like that to me.
Speaker 1: I'm like race in one of his past lives. I bet you he wasn't glad the coliseum.
Speaker 2: Percent he I saw he he literally had a single tear when he walked and he saw just how grand and old and how he was. You could see him using his imagination for all the freaking fans and stuff and guys ripping each other's goddamn heads off, and it like he loved it.
Speaker 1: Wait a second, do you think he was one of the gladiators back in the day or was he one of those lions?
Speaker 2: No, he was, he was, he was he both.
Speaker 1: He he was lying heart, lying heart, but a gladiator.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Lionhart, lionheart like band damn. Can't disagree with that. Have you ever been covered by him? I've been covered by him a few times.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously his game was stopping the run, but he was very smart in the zone coverage as well.
Speaker 2: Hell of picks, Yes, a lot of picks.
Speaker 1: I mean what he has? What thirty interceptions and over fifty sacks? What was that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The only person ever do it, the only one to ever do it. And uh, you know He's just very athletic for his size too. Man, his arms are just massive. It just looks like a guy out of like a magazine cover, you know, just straight off a magazine, from front page cover, right off the stands, and just put on the football field.
Speaker 2: Gladiator.
Speaker 1: He was a definition of what a guy and Madden looks like. You know, when you're playing the game, Matten, you know you just got taken right out of the video game and put right on the field.
Speaker 2: But I got to clear up a little bit with ray Lewis.
Speaker 1: I mean the guy, you know, back end of his career when we were facing him, So we didn't really get the true ray Lewis, just like all of us in the NFL. Yeah, he definitely let you up still, but when you're in your prime prime, you're moving people, no matter what the situation is, you're moving people. You're blowing up the holes all that.
Speaker 2: So we didn't. We didn't.
Speaker 1: I never got like leveled by ray Lewis. I definitely felt his power. But here's a situation. I was running. This thing goes viral all over Instagram all the time where it's a clip of me running over ray Lewis. But let me get this clear out there. I didn't really like technically run over ray Lewis. I mean I did the clip, and people just take it out of context because you know, on the film directly like with you know, you just take that three seconds of a clip and I am running over ray Lewis. But here's the deal. Here's the situation. It was a passing play and I was on a route. He was dropping back in the coverage, and I was debating. I had an incut twelve yard incut, and I was debating because he was dropping back, you know, doing his thing, trying to making it hard on myself because you know, you know, he's very smart of a player, knows how to drop back and get you confused of where he's going, so then it kind of throws you off your route. So I'm like, do I go outside of him because he's dropping out of my out of my zone, out out of the area where I got to run the twelve yard incut? Or is he going inside and I should go inside? Or should I go outside of him? You know, I'm trying to say to it. So I'm debating, and I'm kind of stiff this game. You know, I'm just running straight, and I'm debating sh ILL go out, should go in?
Speaker 2: Sh I go out? Should I go in?
Speaker 1: And I'm running full speed at him baby, and then boom, I just clashed right into him. So he wasn't really paying attention to me, and he was looking back at the quarterback. But when I clashed right into him on the passing route, he went flying backwards and I ran him over. And then I like jumped up real quick and acted like I was wide open, so like I didn't really run him over. No, I didn't get a catch either, So it was great coverage by him, actually, like.
Speaker 2: To the t if you ask me.
Speaker 1: But it's a clip where I'm like, no, it's like just taking off context. I will tell you when I.
Speaker 2: Ran that sounds scary of a guy. He is is where Rob over here ran his ass over. Okay, I don't want to hear it right he got ran over.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't run him in coverage, and I just ran my route through him.
Speaker 2: He's trying to justify running him over. And he did not make Ray mad at him.
Speaker 1: I don't want Ray mad at me. I can tell you that right now. But I was just running my route and it went through him, and he was you know, he was on his on his heels, backing up, back pedaling and using his big go fly. Yeah, he did go flying, but it was not like a run play or anything. If that was run playing, I blocked him like that, Well, then that's off to me. I would still go running. I would still run to the other sideline because I'd still be scared of ray Lewis. But I didn't technically run them over.
Speaker 2: It was just a little mishap.
Speaker 1: And Jules I got a question when he did that, you know, the war dance running out of the tunnel, the Baltimore fans going crazy. Did you ever watch one of those war dances every time? Were you like looking the other way, like coach no, no, Belichick, I'm not I'm not watching it.
Speaker 2: Why are you saying that, because that's what Bill used to saying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't be paying attention to what they're doing. Just worry about what you're doing. But ray Lewis is war dance.
Speaker 2: You had a peep, dude, that's that's a peak dude. You had to coach Belichick, who had the Ravens weekend, even though he's be like, look, we're gonna be going to Baltimore. You're gonna have Ray doing his goddamn fucking war dance. Like, just get your heads right, get your heads right for the game. We're all. You know, he's gonna be doing that war dance. You know he's referenced the war dance. Wait, his war dance is called the squirrel dance. Ain't no squirrel doing that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, because Jewels, you're a squirrel, You ain't doing those type of dances. I never heard anyone even call.
Speaker 2: It nice war dance dance. It was started by his friends in his hometown. They named it the squirrel Dance because it had the whole town jumping. I get it now, I know. But the squirrel dance, you're the squirrel. Yeah, And I don't see a squirrel looking that scary.
Speaker 1: Oh, squirrels are furry and cute, kin's and ugly.
Speaker 2: No, Ray looks like he wants to bite your face off and do a war dance on your face after it's been bit off.
Speaker 1: What about his visor?
Speaker 2: Overall?
Speaker 1: Ray Lewis is or I mean the visor, what the you know, the little bands on his arms, all that.
Speaker 2: Just a scary player overall, scary in that purple and black that's just a mean looking team. It is all right, all right, time, let's determine what kind of duty is.
Speaker 1: All right ray Lewis? What kind of dude is ray Lewis? Is he a freak? Of course, he's a freak. I mean he definitely has freak of nature in him. I mean he's gigantic. He's a definitions I mean of a middle linebacker.
Speaker 2: He's a whizz as well. He was so innovative for the sideline the sideline quarterback of the defense type linebacker. I don't you know, I could be recency biased, but this is what we grew up on. He's a dude's dude as well.
Speaker 1: I mean, positive attitude, the motivational speaking, getting everyone going, bringing everyone together. I mean he's special, man. That's special. Just to have that, you know, in life, is to just be able to motivate people and bring people together. And on top of it, just being that phenomenal of a football player. Man, that's what really made him special. He had so many great characteristics that he brought to a team, not just being a good player.
Speaker 2: I think he's a dog. He's relentless, he's motivated, he's physically and mentally tough dude tourist Tricep came back in a fucking like four weeks for the game, Like he doesn't care if he has something hanging on by a thread, if it's a playoff game, or if it's an AFC North Divisional game, or if it's a game against US. You knew Ray Lewis was gonna be out there doing his goddamn war dance before the game, getting the whole fucking crowd going crazy. You know that's gonna be what Ray does. And he's a fucking dog. He's a dog.
Speaker 1: He is a dog. At anytime you're a dog, you get the job done. And he got the job done every single time he hit the field.
Speaker 2: Let's go to our next game.
Speaker 1: I'm never messing with Ray.
Speaker 2: Hell no, I'm gonna be best friends with him, and he would love the shit out of you, raising the best teammate ever. We'll be right back after this quick break. Who's our next Roberto? Our next?
Speaker 1: Scary is from one of the scariest eras of football, where they didn't care if they were injured. No, they didn't have doctors to treat their broken ankles, zero broken legs. They just threw him back out there. This was the scariest times in the NFL. Concussions didn't matter. That means if you had stars, it meant that you were extra tough.
Speaker 2: And this guy is.
Speaker 1: In that era and he was one of the scariest ones in that scary and I'm getting scared, dude, look scary scary? Who got he looks like Halloween? We got Jack Lambert Ladies O MG played for the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 2: Jack Harold Lambert, Jack Lambert, Golden Flash. What's a I gotta say about Old Jack?
Speaker 1: Start the clock now right, hit that clock, Jack Lambert. Jack Lambert was an intimidating and fierce linebacker, known for his aggressive playing style and toothless snarl.
Speaker 2: No teeth.
Speaker 1: Off the field, he was a private person who preferred a quiet life, often retreating to his farm. Lambert had a profound impact on the Pittsburgh Steelers, leading them to four Super Bowl victories in.
Speaker 2: The nineteen seventies.
Speaker 1: With our guy. Terry Bradshaw the original TB twelve Terry, Oh good Old Terry Bradshaw, Uncle Terry. He was a nine time Pro bowler and an eight time All Pro, earning the NFL Defensive Player of the Year award in nineteen seventy six. Notably, he recorded twenty eight career interceptions and was a key figure in the Steelers dominant defense. You want to know what I loved about Jack Lambert, it was he wasn't the traditional size of a linebacker, especially back in the heyday. He was, once again a guy from Kent State University. Was he drafted into the NFL.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was drafted fourth rounder.
Speaker 1: I know that he had, you know, ninety ideals. He didn't have the ideal side going into the NFL as well. I think he was six y four, about two hundred and two hundred and ten pounds coming out of Kent State, and they wanted to put some back on him, so he didn't really play, you know, at the size of all these other linebackers and in the NFL at the time, I think he played about at like what two.
Speaker 2: Twenty two thirty, so six ' four.
Speaker 1: A linebacker at six ' four, that's kind of unheard of. Usually they're shorter, more stocker. It can fill the hole, can take on a lineman, can take on a full back, can go side to side with the agilities. But this guy, now he was different, but you know, that kind of was an advantage for him. You know, watching tape on him, I feel like he could see over the lineman because he was six 'y four, he could see what was developing in the backfield. And when you can have that type of advantage and you can see what's going on in the backfield, you can see that short running back, where he's going, where he's angling. That's an advantage in jack Lambert use that on the defensive side of the ball, making tackles. It was just ridiculous watching him play.
Speaker 2: What if you were lined up tight end in Jackson, middle linebacker right here, and he looked at you and with his no teeth he said, hey, gronk, I'm gonna eat your lunch. What would you do.
Speaker 1: I'd probably be wide open because I'm gonna run full freaking speed away from him.
Speaker 2: I'm running full speed.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, those are the guys that are hired to get open verse because I'm six six. That's my advantage is my height, Yeah, and my size, but when you're six four and yeah, he was smaller than everyone.
Speaker 2: But dude, long and lanky, yeah, long and lanky.
Speaker 1: But he hadn't like hit stick like it's kind of like like a type of strength that is kind of not taught. That like some some type of strength where you don't go in the weight room to get that leverage strength. Yes, he's sixty strength, just you know, skinnier, more athletic than these other linebackers and other players in the NFL. But he had that you know, that pop. He had a pop in him. When you have that pop in that toughness, I mean, it doesn't matter what size you are. You can knock down anyone, even if they're fifty pounds bigger than you.
Speaker 2: He's also like an intimidation factor. You've seen in the Super Bowl against the Cowboys where the guy the kicker missed the fucking kick on the Steelers and and the cowboy guy was heckling him and fucking Jack Lambert grabbed him by the back of his thing and threw his ash down. Say boy, shut the fuck up like that, he's crazy. I think the ref was right there was too scared to throw dan penalty. Like that's how scary of a guy he was. I mean, it's he's just he's not like a big guy.
Speaker 1: He had a wide receiver belt, he had long you know skinny legs, like.
Speaker 2: Distinct fuck yes, he I mean you throw on his highlights. Yeah, he would blow up the the one yard or he'd blow up the goal line player the short yardage play. But you saw him drop and he would always make these crazy. He had a lot of interceptions too. I think like he had a bunch. Grew up a Browns fan, played for the Steelers.
Speaker 1: Big hitter, he was the rash talker that backed it up.
Speaker 2: Probably one of the toughest guys on one of the toughest so called defenses of all time, that Steel Curtain. You had me and Joe Green, you had all these jack ham and then you have fucking Lambert over there who and this time these guys are scared of him.
Speaker 1: This guy had no front teeth, no front hockey. He was labeled as the scariest looking player in the NFL. On top of being that scary on the field, he's also double double whammy.
Speaker 2: What about his nicknames now, Jack Jack Splatt, Captain Jack, Dracula cleats that's actually the teeth. He kind of looks like a jack o lantern. He kind of looks like an ejaculator.
Speaker 1: He does, you know in some pictures, some way, and then that look at the helmet that he's wearing, the mask, he with the bar, he.
Speaker 2: Had the bar right the neck roll he always you saw him with the pat in nineteen seventies, freaking uh hand and arm pads. You just see a guy like him giving a freaking clothesline to a quarterback and like spitting on him afterwards. Like that's the kind of guy Jack Lambert was. He he's what did he say? JT. Thomas? Yet he's so mean, he hates himself. You gotta play like that.
Speaker 1: What I love about Jack Lambert too is that he never he had a quote before it was something along the line of that. He just never used football as a popularity contest. You know, he looked at it as it was his job fucking And you gotta appreciate those guys. You love those guys in the locker room because they were all business and Jack was business at all times, and he didn't care about you know who was watching, you know how popular he was. He cared about getting the job fucking done, and that's what he did.
Speaker 2: Who's the modern day Jack Lambert?
Speaker 1: And that's a tough question because there's really no linebackers that are six ' four in the NFL middles Oh no, especially.
Speaker 2: It was probably would have been side linebackers. It would have been like Erlacker back in the day. Oh yeah, Lacker was like a safety, yes, yeah, turned into.
Speaker 1: A safe, a good lamback right there. Currently, I'm not really sure if anyone really compares to Jack Lamb different game.
Speaker 2: He also, like I went to Kent and I didn't even hear any heat stories about him. Really like he was. He's kind of like an off the radar type guy I heard. I heard he's like in some country town, probably in Ohio, on his farm. I think he's got bomb shelters or anything. If anyone in the Jack Lambert camp here's this, can we get an update on him. We would love to. As a former Flash and a guy that went to the same university as him, that likes him, we want to know if he's okay.
Speaker 1: I think he is okay. Like I said, like he just cared about doing his job. He didn't care about the popularity, and he's kind of like that. When was the last time he was seeing in the football world. I think it was when the original Steelers stadium closed down before they were going to build their the new one three or earlier one? Yeah, what was the three River stadium? Right then he go to that last game or something? Did he was that the last time he was seeing Yeah, that was two thousand, was the last time he was seen.
Speaker 2: Twenty four years ago. I wonder what he thinks about all this technology. He looks like a guy for fact, that will fucking if you're on his phone. If you're on a phone around him, I think he might shoot the phone. Yeah, he's still using a pager. No, I don't even think he has a pager. I think he's got landline. Just a pager. He's got landline, bro. He's got cord still that with like a thirty foot cord. So he could take a goddamn call away from his wife like two rooms down and ask to shut the door and use it and put the chord under the door gap so he could have some some privacy. That's the kind of guy.
Speaker 1: He's a scary as the kind of guy he is. Like, I got I got a question, Would you ever go off the grid? Would I ever go off the grid? Jack Lambert hasn't been seen for twenty four years?
Speaker 2: Actually I would if I had enough means to go off the grid. I would love to go off the grid. You got plenty of means, Nah, I got kid. You can't, Like, you can't go off grid if you have a kid. Like if it was just me and Rock, I go off of the dusty trail.
Speaker 1: But I can't just a deserted island. I don't know if any amounts of food and water.
Speaker 2: Some little town in Mexico, would you do it?
Speaker 1: Would you go off the grid?
Speaker 2: Can you see yourself going off the grid? I would love to go if like I said, like that, huh, we.
Speaker 1: Got dudes on dudes?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Why would you go off the grid on me?
Speaker 2: Wouldn't it be cool to have my tie in like a little umbrella?
Speaker 1: Can we just do dudes on dudes off the grid?
Speaker 2: Well, we wouldn't be off.
Speaker 1: The grid then, would be real dudes on dudes? How just you and I desert dude?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: How do you think he playing today's football? I think he'd pretty good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'd be really good, especially you know, because it seemed like he was very up as well. Cover Yeah, cover pretty well. So the way that you know we're throwing the football now in this era, I feel like he's a guy that can drop back and middle of the field, and especially in zone coverages. I think he would have a couple of interceptions a year, no doubt about that. And uh, just his mentality that he brings in the run game. I feel like some defenses are missing that type of mentality too, like those guys that play will, yeah, the willing to go in and just take a full back, you know, playing all on one, heads up, all downs, you know, and just being able to just you know, give up your body, sacrifice yourself. So those players, Ray Lewis obviously, Jack Lambert another one of those. So what about John Elway? Remember when John Elway faced Jack Lambert. Yeah, didn't even what happened.
Speaker 2: He said, just let me out of here. I'll be an accountant.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you want to know why. You want to know what else happened? He did say that after the game, But you want to know what else happened?
Speaker 2: What happened?
Speaker 1: He lined up under the right guard. That's how scared he was.
Speaker 2: He was that scared and nervous.
Speaker 1: I mean, that was a fricking one on the right guard.
Speaker 2: What year was that? Imagine that eighty three? So Lambert was still there. Lambert played what twelve years. This was a young John Elway probably young got.
Speaker 1: A stand for eight fourteen yards that game one free We're talking to John Alway one for eight fourteen yards when he says the scariest defender.
Speaker 2: The steel curtain. It wasn't just hear him. He had to steal Dean, Joe green Ham, ELC. Greenwood, all those boys, I mean, and he was the fucking flag carrier for that scary ass defense time. What kind of dude is Jack Lambert?
Speaker 1: Jack Lambert a stud? He was a stud, but not Kent State, not Ken.
Speaker 2: Not when you're that game starts out of Kent stand when.
Speaker 1: You're that scary, you're technically not a stud.
Speaker 2: He's got he's got that athleticism, he's got the football IQ. But he he he always had the is he too in his category? So that takes him out of the stud and.
Speaker 1: Then that takes him out of out of the freak category as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but he could be a freak because he's like a regular lanky dude that played like he was two eighty and he had a hit stick. He had a hit stick and he had no teeth. They had no teeth. He could be a whiz because he was so fucking intelligent. You know, he he was calling out plays and that was I was watching all his you could tell he knew the game better than a lot of the other guys he was playing against was knowing. Was he a dude's dude? I probably don't know. I heard a snake story where he almost killed a guy from putting a fake snake in his room. Like, I don't think he's a dude's dude. He's not a guy that you want to fuck with or pull a prank on. He might and kill you.
Speaker 1: He looks like he writes manifestos.
Speaker 2: Yes, he's got a list. Yeah, he's got a list.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So no, don't don't pull pranks on him.
Speaker 2: You know what, I think he's a dog. He's just a dog. He has a dog. You know, he's he's relentless, he's motivated, he's physically and mentally tough. Has exceeded everything that everyone thought he couldn't do at the highest level. Jack Lambert is a dude of a dog.
Speaker 1: And dogs a dude don't care about getting the credit. No, they just want to feel the love, and they just want to do their job. And when they do their job, they feel the love.
Speaker 2: That's it. That's that was poetic. That was fucking poetic.
Speaker 1: Rob. That's why I have a dog.
Speaker 2: You have a dog.
Speaker 1: Do not care about his popularity. He just cares about doing what he needs to do to protect myself, protect Camille, and protect the house. And then he feels like he's accomplished and then he snuggles into me and we share love.
Speaker 2: That's just dogs loving dogs. He's a dog. Stamp it dog. All right, let's get into our our last Halloween edition of New Tonguans guy that we are going to talk about. You know what. I'm looking at this and it's pretty gnarly that every one of the scariest guys that we're going over is from the AFC. Fucking North. Another Kent State golden Flash. Another man that scares the living ship out of you. He sure does. His name is Debo, but his birth name is James Harrison.
Speaker 1: James Henry Harrison Jr.
Speaker 2: Hank. I will not call him that to his face. He'll probably beat my face. I've seen him doing that volleyball ship. What is up? What's you?
Speaker 1: And A?
Speaker 2: I asked to say, alright, AI for James Hank, I was probably too scared anything. Second, Holy smokes.
Speaker 1: Oh that's blank. AI was scared.
Speaker 2: AI is fucking scared. I'm scared.
Speaker 1: Did not want to get it wrong.
Speaker 2: Start the clock now now.
Speaker 1: James Harrison. James Harrison was a tenitious and a hard hitting linebacker. Tenacious, thank you, Jues, got you. I'm Harry. You know I didn't read any books growing up. Okay, you know? And a hard hitting linebacker now for his relentless work ethic and physical style of play off the field, he was dedicated and resilient, overcoming numerous setbacks to achieve success. Harrison had a significant impact on the Pittsburgh Steeers on the Pittsburgh Steelers, helping them win two Super Bowls and earning the NFL Defensive Player of the Year award in two thousand and eight.
Speaker 2: Jesus.
Speaker 1: Notably, He's set a then Steelers single season record with sixteen sacks in two thousand and eight and is the only undrafted player to win Defensive Player of the Year award. He was also a five time Pro Bowler and twice named the Steelers MVP.
Speaker 2: He should have been a Super Bowl MVP.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Santonio Holmes tapping catch and the game. They should give out like two MVP's award, a defensive MVP if deserved, and then an MVP.
Speaker 2: Award as well, or an MVP award.
Speaker 1: And if it was a defensive guy, then if someone played on the offensive side, you know, on the offense side of the ball, very well, they should also have the offensive MVP. You know what I mean, You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can get they can get a better sponsorship group out of the NFL too. If they did that, you could have you know, Chevy for you know, the offense and forward for the defense. We're not business guys, debo.
Speaker 1: Hey Lloyd, you're smarter than I thought.
Speaker 2: Harry, your hands are freezing. James Harrison absolute ski motherfucker. Like he's look at him. You look at his pictures, it's like one degree outside. He's got his shirt off and his baggy ass sweats doing a pregame warm up, looking like he wants to just I fucking kill every single person on the other side of the team. Like we played against him, and he's got a notion and it's so fucking crazy that he didn't get drafted because he's about six feet tall, but he's also six feet wide. This guy is a fucking fridge his I've never his arms are literally like thirty inches big. I remember he came and played with us in seventeen. It literally when he would walk in the locker room, it felt like the scene in Friday when Debo would roll. Everyone will put their chains away, and he was like a nice guy, but he just had that scary great guy scary are about him. We're like, no, hey, oh shit, what's up. No one wanted to joke with him because he didn't know if he was going to take it or if he could be joked with. But he was honestly a great teammate for that one year, and he's made so many incredible fucking plays in his career, Like it's insane. Have you seen him do the shot put Nah, I've never seen him. I guess he's a huge fucking shotputter, Like he's a fuck. I love him. I absolutely loved him. I remember when he played that game in two thousand and eight. I was at Kent State the super Bowl where he had that big hundred yard run in the Super Bowl. I was just so excited to see a guy like him, you know, dominating the NFL from where I came from. I mean it was It's crazy. Was Prime's James Harrison faster than you? Yes? Was he? Yes? I'm not going to say he wasn't.
Speaker 1: I had to think about that and I was like, wait, if I am faster than him, I should not say I was faster. That's like me saying I'm stronger than him as well, which obviously I am not stronger than James Harrison. I don't think anyone is. But I'm going to talk a little football, you know, a little technician on the football field here. I mean in the blocking aspect of the game and who you're going versus, what type of guy you're going verse, what type of player you're going verse? Who you're going verse, because in the NFL, you scout the player you're going verse, You scot him, You see what type of player they are, You see how they react to you know, the type of blocks that they're receiving and all that good stuff. And what size he is, what height the defender is that you're going verse, You get in his chest, you throw your shoulder. There's so many different techniques depending on who you're going verse. And I love blocking a guy that's like six ' five my height, who stands up, because then I can get in his chest driving backwards, and a guy that doesn't have that mean look, that mean attitude, and a guy that's not going to get pissed off because I came flying off the ball and absolutely drilled him and drove him back five yards and embarrass him. That was the last thing I was trying to do with James Harrison.
Speaker 2: What were you trying to do with James?
Speaker 1: First off, with James, I knew I couldn't get into his chest. The guy is like a bowling ball, like you know, that twenty eight pound bowling ball that everyone wants to throw down the freaking lane and just trying to knock down all the pins and like you kind of like do a granny style and so heavy you blow out your back. Well, those are the hardest guys to block in the NFL, especially at my size six foot six. You know, it's hard for me to get low. It's hard for me to move that type of guy because they have so much leverage built in paid level. Yes exactly, that's what he has. And with a guy like that and how scary and intimidating he was, and I seen it on film. You do not want to piss James Harrison on.
Speaker 2: Why what did you see on fil? Yes?
Speaker 1: What do you see on film? What do you mean? What do you see on film? I seen him take defenders, offensive linemen, toss him. I seen him absolutely level defenders and put him out of the game with a concussion.
Speaker 2: Dude, he knocked out Josh Crabs, one of his teammates from college.
Speaker 1: Literally, So therefore, when I'm blocking him, it's a guy that you just kind of want to get in his way. I'm not going to come off the ball and crush his skull. I'm not trying to do that because if I piss him off, you know, if I hit him hard and I trigger him, man, I'm gonna tell you he's gonna pick me up and throw me the next place. So I never wanted to trigger him. I always just try to get in his way, you know, with my shoulder, with my hands. So then when the running back came around and you try to make a play, you know, just get in his way again, you know, so.
Speaker 2: He can't feel his strength.
Speaker 1: I could feel his strength because then if I started going strength for strength, that's when I lose, no doubt, about it. That's when I lose the block versus a guy like that and leverage. So every time I just tried to just kind of play paddy kick, you know, try to let him absorb me. So if I did fly off the ball, he would fly off the ball too. Then I would go backwards and he would have that separation pass. So I just try to stick on him like a like a sponge, you know, and just always didn't let him out of my rear view mirror, just always staying in front of him, never trying to piss him off, never trying to give him a cheap shot. That was the way I blocked James Harrison, and it was a whole different style when you go versus a player like him.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. See we're here talking about like Rob's Rob used to block the biggest battest to on the defensive line. That's fucking nuts, you know. See it's rarely seen, you know, a matchup with the tight end and the nine technique fucking d end or what you know, the outside linebacker that's playing down like that doesn't that's usually at the point of attack a lot of times, is it. You watch that film?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you always want to get the tackle on those guys. But when you have a tight end in that situation that's willing to do it, willing to get there, that's what expands your offense. That's what expands the run game. That's what expands the play action game as well. And I kind of use that to my advantage, and that's actually what helped me get open plenty of time on the play actions when the linebackers step up because they thought, you know, I'm coming out the black. But James Harrison was a terrifying pocket pressure player. He got his shoulder like, yeah, he would have that shoulder dip and he would just get right by to off of the tackle, even though the offensive tackles twice his size, kind of like it looks like twice his hype, but he would get right underneath him, and he was so strong. He would just rip through right through his arm and then get to the quarterback. And he was quick enough to take kind of an outside angle. Run the hump, yeah, run the hump, and then bolt right to the court.
Speaker 2: Also would have a great change up where he would just use his strength. He get right up in that chest of that guy who's about eight inches taller than him and push his ass right back into the pocket and blow up the quarterback.
Speaker 1: And that's the exact leverage I was talking about. And that's why then go toe to toe and I'm right off the line because he would get that leverage and he push me back. So I would just try to stay on him and not let him get that force to you know, to be able to push me back. So just being a smart player.
Speaker 2: Have you seen his workout videos.
Speaker 1: His workout videos are freaking ridiculous. He has like eight forty fives on each side when he's freaking benching like five hundred, like fifty five pounds.
Speaker 2: You see it does it's just ridiculous. His conditioning, he gets like a thirty pound or a forty pound medicine ball and he plays volleyball with it where you have to catch it in the house, saying that that that's hard. People don't realize that's hard. That's heavyweight. And he does it for a long round. Like it's so fun to watch his workouts because he does like some world's strongest man shit all the time, or like you have like a boulder he's pushing or he's fucking pulling a goddamn car or throwing fucking rocks that are like nine hundred pounds. Like he's just a he's a cool dude man. And the one thing about it, the one thing would you agree, does his voice not match his body?
Speaker 1: I think it does match it.
Speaker 2: It does because I don't think it's like a low scary voice.
Speaker 1: It's not as low as you expect.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I don't think it like you would think with that guy. He's like, are you doing you?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're expecting that low. Now it's kind of it's not high though.
Speaker 2: No, it's not high. It's kind of a James. I'm not saying you have a high, but which is kind of.
Speaker 1: Good because imagine if it was that low, it would be like even scarier.
Speaker 2: Ye yeah, Like I remember, remember he remember he gave it. I got one of his shirts. Remember he had the Deebo shirt in the locker room. I still have the Debo's shirt somewhere here.
Speaker 1: He's he's like he can lift like whatever, six hundred pounds.
Speaker 2: Ben squat that lift.
Speaker 1: But what I love about him is that he always posts his regime of you know, recovering, of how he recovers off of those lists, how he was recovering in the NFL, and he would put like three hundred and fifty acupuncture needles and every day, like every other day, and he posts about it like you gotta be a freak, You gotta be intense in order to get three hundred and fifty needles hoped inside of your muscle tissue and just take it like an absolute champ. Like that just shows he That just shows like he's dedicated, like he's doing whatever it takes to be at that level that he needs to be at.
Speaker 2: Who is the mount Rushmore of the strongest guys we played with, you think.
Speaker 1: I would say Sebastian Volmer left tackle was Vince will Fork.
Speaker 2: He was super strong, strong.
Speaker 1: He didn't really have to even like work out that much. He would just walk in the weight room and toss up like five hundred pounds in the bench.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Marcus Cannon was a strong guy.
Speaker 1: I saw the squatting world.
Speaker 2: I never I remember. Canon would be squatting and there'd be fifteen fucking forty five and the thing would be bouncing. I swear I think he had like twelve forty five's on each side, remember that, and the bar would be it'd be bouncing like it was a fucking cute tip with fucking rocks on it, and she's like.
Speaker 1: It was really that was good inmitation right there.
Speaker 2: And then Brandon Bolden for pound for pound. Bolden didn't even work out. He was like, but he pound for pound when we do all those.
Speaker 1: Like gosh, I wasn't saying like that was a bad thing, that work out. He didn't need to work out. And I'm like, dude, how are you so strong and ripped? He's like, yo, I carry my kids around and I'm like, I'm like, I gotta start having kids. I gotta start having kids. And I still haven't started. And this is eight years later. What I would still be playing if I had tend kids.
Speaker 2: He would always do those Remember we'd always have to do those explosion recordings for some certain things like the Kaiser's and he would always be the absolute He blow people out by a thousand points because he was just so explosive strong. I'd say that's probably our Mount Rushmore. Yes, his last Kent State game, you know, he sacked five times Miami of Ohio. Oh, big Ben, his fucking teammate. No one's off limits, no one is off limits. We saw what he did to Josh Cribs when he was in a Browns uniform. We saw what he did to Ben Roethlisberger when he was in a Miami with Ohio uniform. Like he is fucking Freddy Krueger. Bro This is how I mean, this is the perfect guy to have on the goddamn Halloween episode.
Speaker 1: You know, yeah, we're talking about his you know, defensive skill set and all that, but what about every time he had an interception he always almost like brought that ball back to the house. Obviously with one of the biggest Super Bowl plays in history of the one hundred yard return versus Arizona Cardinos.
Speaker 2: And if they scored right on that drive, they.
Speaker 1: Were saying the game was gonna be over going into half because the Cardinos had that big of a manager and that much momentum going in. But he saved the Steelers that game with that interception to the house. It looked like he was about to be tackled eight different times, and he just kept going and kept going and kept going. He's kind of like a full back mixed with a running back when he's running the ball. Yes, exactly like him. He's Mike alstart of the defensive side of the ball.
Speaker 2: Did he hear that he's he's going to be fighting o Jo Cinko?
Speaker 1: Yeah, o Jo Cinko. First, James Harrison, what are you thinking?
Speaker 2: O Jo Sinko? What the Ojo Bodge are you thinking? I'll tell you right now. O Jo Cinko's got some ball. He does have some ball. He raced a horse. He's fought a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean he's lost all the fights, so has he? Yeah, he lost the fight he.
Speaker 2: Bought one time. To be said about a man that loses a fight and keeps coming back, keeps coming back.
Speaker 1: Oh, Joe Senko, don't back down.
Speaker 2: He does it now?
Speaker 1: He doesn't both what he thinking? What is he thinking?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Is it it's UFC right, it's I'm in May style? Yeah, I mean the only way you'd have to fight James Harrison is if you go box him. If he couldn't bring you down.
Speaker 1: Oh, Joe Sinko is six to one, one hundred and ninety pounds about I would say.
Speaker 2: He's got it. He's probably like, yeah, he lost.
Speaker 1: A Brian Maxwell in a boxing match. Yeah, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying he probably beat the ship out of me. But I'm not fucking James Harrison. James Harrison is a scary man. Should we go? We should go?
Speaker 1: I gotta I got a what if scenario? Do you think we can beat James Harrison if we tag team.
Speaker 2: Versus you mean, if we tag team James Harrison? No, No, like you and I versus James Harrison. Uh, I don't. Honestly, I really don't know. And I can consider myself a tough guy, but and I consider you a large tough human as well.
Speaker 1: We would have to game plan.
Speaker 2: We'd have to. You have to game plan because you know, the Steelers do what they do.
Speaker 1: They do do what they do.
Speaker 2: They do what they do.
Speaker 1: They they do what they do.
Speaker 2: They do it very well. But they do what.
Speaker 1: They do what they do, and they don't adjust. They don't adjust you what they do and they do. We'd have to play James Harrison for that fight time? All right?
Speaker 2: But what kind of dude is James Harrison? Okay? I have I have two that I think he is. You know, I don't think he's a dude's dude, No one's. I played with him and he was kind of a dudes dude but I was too scared of him the whole time for him to me think that he was a dude's dude, the freak he's I mean, he's either a freak or dog to me, you know it. And I think it's a crazy thing that if he's a freak, that he was an undrafted freak. That's probably a stat that will never say again. And that's freaky.
Speaker 1: I mean, he is a freak for sure. I would not disagree with a freaking.
Speaker 2: He has dog in him.
Speaker 1: There's no doubt. He's a relentless dog. He's a dog that he's a pit bull. He's just never gonna stop. It's the pitbull that's trained, Yeah, that has the lockeddaw and just never letting go until that y'all finally gets tired after like, yeah, put him down. I think you gotta put him down. Basically, you got to kill him. Let But he's also freak with that interception and the stride. His stride when he's running, yeah, is ridiculous. I mean it's freaky to have a stride like that at that size, with that much mass and to be able to run like that, that's freaky. That's freaky.
Speaker 2: Tangibles dude, no one. They say he's six ft five to eleven, He maybe five to ten. He about my height, and he's two sixty and he runs just as fast as me. Okay, if you want to call that not a freak, you're fucking crazy. Yeah, you are crazy. Then he a freak freak.
Speaker 1: He's a freak. James Harrison freak.
Speaker 2: Stamp it. We'll be right back after this quick break. All right, let's do this our post show segment in honor of Halloween. Let's do some horror villain comparisons to guys that played or or play in the National Football League. We kind of did this with Transformers and on games with names where we compared Transformers to guys. Now, let's do some horror villain comparisons to NFL guys. Jigsaw, the guy from Saw. That's terrifying. He's pulling strings behind him.
Speaker 1: It's a mastermind, mastermind.
Speaker 2: So that's kind of It's but they're not.
Speaker 1: As we're talking like the intangibles of how they can you know, display what's going on, not their characteristics, like Jigsaw was a killer, Like we're not talking about him being an actual killer. We're talking about how they can, you know, set the whole scenario up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the whole game plan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so he Saw, So basically he's the guy behind Saw. All right, so the whole what what am I looking for?
Speaker 2: You're looking for a what's so mastermind manipulator?
Speaker 1: Yes, uh, someone who he's believing, he like Saw, is getting yourself to believe that if you rip your eye off, you rip your eye, you're gonna live.
Speaker 2: Belichick, Yes, Belichick, that doubt about that was gonna there's other names that's that's Bill and you're gonna die if you don't do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It's like I would say, maybe like college coach, uh Nick Saban, one of those guys Saban, Andy Reid right now, current coach Andy Reid. He's a mastermind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I don't I don't see him making you go for your life. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like I feel like he gives he gives you an option.
Speaker 2: After a while in the room where you had to like cut your arm off and he would jump out and say, here's a cheeseburger. Yeah, you know, like he's like a nice guy. Yes, yes, but he'll rip your face off. I've heard that. And he practices hard and he's tough with his guys. But Bill Belichick and Nick Saban, I think Jigsaw, those two master minds. Frankenstein a monster in size and ability, without a doubt. You got to be in this category. Jewels.
Speaker 1: I was gonna just say my name the bat. I am definitely Robbie Frankenstein.
Speaker 2: Robbie Munster. That's easy. You can go who else? Trent Brown, Trent Brown, definitely, Trent Williams. He's from the Niners.
Speaker 1: Trent Williams, the offensive tackle. Yeah, he's huge, he's Frankenstein.
Speaker 2: He's huge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he moves too good. He moves too good. He doesn't move like Frankenstein.
Speaker 2: He's huge. But did you did you do a Frankenstein celebration one?
Speaker 1: So the one in London actually was not a Frankenstein celebration. A lot of people thought it was that one that was changing of the guards the Buckingham Palace. I was protecting it as one of the one of the guards, and that's what they do when they walk back and forth. So I did that to you know, give credit to to London all my all, my fans, good good game, make good touchdowns, make Gron Gron good game, good touchdowns. All right, I don't have a London accident.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a bloody chav.
Speaker 1: The time I did do the Frankenstein was actually when I was in Tampa, when you didn't want to come down with a jool. I'm always going to remind you of that. Okay, you know, you know I.
Speaker 2: Wanted you there. Humidity makes my skin break, it does, it.
Speaker 1: Does, Humidity does. I remember that one practice in Tampa one year when we were in the Patriots. It was a nine am practice and dude, I was tapping. I wanted to cry. I was twenty to cry. It was twenty twelve. I was only like weird young bucks too. I wanted to cry.
Speaker 2: It it was hot.
Speaker 1: It was the worst practice of my life. Oh, worst situation every we got off the plane that night before. It was the hardest practice too, being in that.
Speaker 2: The worst is when you're running in your your feet are so soaking sloppy way you could just feel the It's like then you go and you slide and you get a blister because your toes in your sock.
Speaker 1: It's like you're jumping and then you out to practice.
Speaker 2: Literally all right, So Frankenstein Tampa Bay.
Speaker 1: All right, it's all it was weird destroying the Lions, and I scored another touchdown from Blaine Gabbert, the first player of the second half, and I did the Frankenstein.
Speaker 2: Was it on Halloween?
Speaker 1: Yes, No, it wasn't. It was in December, but I just did the Frankenstein just to do the Frankenstein.
Speaker 2: Yeah it was. It was.
Speaker 1: It was a problem moment because that was my only Frankenstein. I always wanted to do Frankenstein, and that was the first time I did Frankenstein.
Speaker 2: It was the only time I did Frankenstein.
Speaker 1: So I'm just glad I got to do frank I mean, yeah, Robbie Frankenstein.
Speaker 2: You should definitely always do Frankenstein.
Speaker 1: I mean I basically am Frankenstein, so I kind of am always.
Speaker 2: Doing what do you big Daddy Frankenstein.
Speaker 1: That even kid, Oh wait, there's Frankenstein, Robert. I also dressed up as Frankenstein at a Halloween party for the New England Patriots for the kids. Of course, you know, it was a Halloween party for the kids that came to Jillette Stadium. Man, I was Frankenstein.
Speaker 2: I'm too short to be a Frankenstein. I'd be like Eddie Munster did the face paint.
Speaker 1: I put the gloves on, and.
Speaker 2: So we should do. You should Frankenstein, and I'll do. Little Eddie Munster in my little widow's peak, little vampire like little kid. Mike Myers, who will not die, invincible brute, got a knife in his hand. Jack Lambert, Jack Lambert looks like he's Mike Myers. I would go and uh always comes back? Is that Myers? Mike Myers? Right, he's always never dead, but.
Speaker 1: Always still going, still has movies.
Speaker 2: His comebacks are still going. Tom Brady, Tom Brady, is he coming back?
Speaker 1: Is he the Michael Myers of Halloween?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you one, Mike that way might want him. Mike McDaniel's down in Miami, Mike McDaniels in Miami. He might might, won't Mike Myers, Tom Brady? All right, Freddy.
Speaker 1: Match, that's a match, but maybe not a match made in heaven. But it's a match.
Speaker 2: What about Freddy Krueger. He's scared so haunting your dreams slash nightmares. He haunts you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not like he's not like a killer. It's kind of nice, a little bit in his place. Yeah, but he just haunts you. It's not like he's killing you, right.
Speaker 2: I don't remember those movies. I honestly, I was.
Speaker 1: A Halloween movies guy with Michael Meyers. I got terrified and they're still going. I actually was watching the last Michael Myers movie on a plane, like a year and a half ago. Is the late latest Halloween that came out. And I swear to you, I was on a plane and I was scared shitless and I turned it off after the first thirty minutes. And I never ever done that with any movie in my life. I was that scared dude, I swear to you, I fucking that scared tendency.
Speaker 2: Can I have a warm glass of milk? Please?
Speaker 1: I just turned it off and just put on like a comedy to just try to get out of my mind.
Speaker 2: It was scary. So who's Freddy Krueger? Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh? If we're talking on the defensive side of the all current players like Max Crosby, Crosby Crosby.
Speaker 2: Crosby could be I think Lamar would haunt my dreams if I was a defensive coordinator Lamar Jackson. I mean, Jesus fucking Christ, is he gonna run? Is he not gonna run? What if he feels like he doesn't want to run today and all the weapons everywhere, Like he's a he's a nightmare, paying Manny pet he haunt the defensive coordinators forever, Tom he could be put in there. But he's also Mike Myers.
Speaker 1: Yes, he's just Mike.
Speaker 2: He just won't die. Yeah, just keeps going, Mahomes. I mean, he's fucking terrifying to dream about if you're another team. And like he's playing his worst football ever and he still wins.
Speaker 1: VIC back in the day being the first running quarterback to that ability. I mean, no one knew how to stop that.
Speaker 2: Freddy Coueger can go anywhere. What about penny Wise? Which one's penny Wise? The Wise?
Speaker 1: I never even seen penny Wise in my life hit then, never seen it in my life, never heard of the name penny Wise before. But I've seen that clown phase before.
Speaker 2: He snumbers for decades before reawakening to renew his own terror, a book ended super Bowl career of sorts, back from the dead, back from retirement.
Speaker 1: Because clown, it'd be like you or I, yeah, yeah, but we're not clowns. Maybe like once.
Speaker 2: Ever slumbers for decades but comes back for reawakening.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean, if we're talking like, is JJ walking to come back and play in the Texas? He's need coming back?
Speaker 2: How many he's out coming? His first year out right?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Second year? Second year? Yes, he still looks good. He does look good.
Speaker 1: He looks great. Actually he looks he looks mammoth.
Speaker 2: Who's coming? What about Kurt Warner? Kurt Warner?
Speaker 1: Wasn't he in the NFL? And then he went and played arena football? And then he came back to the NFL and grocery and dreams for Grocery came back there.
Speaker 2: Did he win a Super Bowl?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, he won to show on turf, Yeah, with the with the Saint Louis Rams St Louis. Yeah, so you know Kurt, Yeah, almost did. But guys who beat him hatreds that Patriots, Bill Belchuk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's a good category. In our last category, one that got me as a child, I was terrified of this chucky child's play. I used to I was like eight years old. My brother scared me so bad once when I was a kid, with the doll that he ordered that I was too scared to shower. But with the I was too scared to shower. So my mom because my brother terrified me with this when I was like seven or six, could have been twelve. Made my brother sit in the bathroom while I showered because I thought something was gonna come get me in the shower, so he had to sit on the toilet. My mom was sitting there. So you have to do this. This is what you did your little brother. I can't do I can't do it. He's gonna give me Chucky. So who's a Chucky? I can't relate to thattals.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I was never a doll guy either.
Speaker 1: I don't know. You have a sister, so you probably know a lot about that.
Speaker 2: Dude. That's not terrifying.
Speaker 1: I never really watched Child Player, never really watched any movie Chuck. I've probably seen ten minutes worth, and like.
Speaker 2: Watch the original Style. Wasn't really watched the original Chucky.
Speaker 1: I've seen you know clip.
Speaker 2: It's I'm still rig style. Yeah, it's fucking terristyle, it is. It's terrifying. I mean John Gruden looks like Chucky.
Speaker 1: Yeah he does.
Speaker 2: John Gruden is definitely a Chucky. He looks like him. He does that Chucky face. Have you seen him on it? Have you seen him on Instagram lately.
Speaker 1: No, I haven't, don't. I don't follow John Gruden. Yeah, this didn't even though he was on Instagram.
Speaker 2: Dude, it's so good. He has this one where he's sitting there and he's like got a coach's sweat from being on like a treadmill for like ten minutes. You know, coaches get all sweaty and and he's like, yeah, I'm sweating right now. I just got done watching Jayden Daniels film. Like he I love man. Gruden loves football, he loves It'll be interesting to see if he can give back in Woodhead.
Speaker 1: It looks like Woodhead. Yeah, a little doll out there, yes, Woodhead all for real? I hear he's Danny Woodhead. Oh man. He he was like chucky though he was tricky. You really want to practice today like he was. He was the most negative positive guy of all times. Like yo, like like you really want to practice? Why are we playing football? Like when's the bye week? When is the bye week? We need to get on a vacation. I'm like, yo, it's the second week in training camp. Danny would get away from me. I'm trying to enjoy lunch and get ready for practice. And you're trying to freaking convince me that I should not go out there. And then he goes out there, the most positive guy. Let's go, guys, let's go. And he's running full speed every every play. I'm like the few just saying you want to practice.
Speaker 2: This is what he would do. He would come in, he guys, he come in, he guys, is anyone else's hamstrings feel like they're about to blow up? Like that's that's what he would say, even you, Does anyone else think that their calf buscles about to fall off? And yeah, and we gotta go do a double date right now. Like That's how he would do it.
Speaker 1: And I'd be like and I'd be like no, and he'd be like, yeah, but just think about it. Just think about your hamstring there, like it's blowing up.
Speaker 2: And then he would head at practice. He'd be lighting it up. He'd be fine, fool speak, come on, he was great, good, look he's actually he's qualifying. He's trying to qualify for golf again. I mean he's he's a fucking stud golfer. I hope he gets it this year.
Speaker 1: Yo. If he took that technique that he you know that he was doing with us in the facility, like, oh, is your hamstring about the blow? If he goes up to a golfer, like, hey, are you feeling it today? Man, I'm not really feeling he can because golfing is all about minds. It's about mental You gotta get up in the head so he can get in the golfer's heads and he can just win just doing that technique.
Speaker 2: Right, let's coach that, get in this golf Let's go Woodie, let's go.
Speaker 1: Well.
Speaker 2: That was fun Halloween edition of Dudes on Dude. That's been another episode of Dudes on Dudes. What could we do better next episode?
Speaker 1: What could we do about our next second? What could we do about our next episode? Jules, I'm not sure, so comment. Let us know, let us know, let us know, please, we want.
Speaker 2: To get about it. We're coachable, Yes, we are coachable. Hey, one thing about us, we were very coachable. That's you told Rob Grenkowski won thing once. It never happened again. It was a little different with me. I had it's a little defiant, but with Rob very coachable. I'm very coachable as well. Yeah, but you stay coachable because of that. Yeah, you stay coachable because you have to.
Speaker 1: If you don't listen the first time, they still have something to coach.
Speaker 3: That's what you were doing. You were staying coachable. I wanted I wanted them to coach me. Yeah, so you just did it wrong on purpose so they could coach you. But even though you knew what to do, but you wanted to get really coached so that if there was another scenario, another situation of you know of the type of route that you're running in, where the guy is located. You knew what to do on every scenario. That's how cool, joy I love that. So give us a comment that you we can do better.
Speaker 2: Subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or wherever you listen to your podcasts.
Speaker 1: Comment on a dude that you want us to do. Please rate and review as well.
Speaker 2: Remember to follow dudes on dudes on YouTube, Instagram, x TikTok, and snapchat. We will see you all next week. Let's go