Speaker 1: Cool media.
Speaker 2: All right, black people, let's get global. Ibraham, chuare politics, y'all? Yo? I just did the like serious announcer type vibes where you look right into the camera and say what you got to say.
Speaker 1: I've never done that. Wow.
Speaker 2: Before we get started on this week of black excellence and how the West hates it. If you're in the Los Angeles area, I will be performing at the La County Fair on May ninth, starting at six at the Fair Duh and Uh with full band thea Hoomie see Formie sche It's gonna be dope. Also, this Sunday is the Bastard Picnic or Bastard Barbecue with a scratch Bastard Uh.
Speaker 1: Probably. I think I can safely say.
Speaker 2: I know the world's greatest DJs because if you could hear the rasp in my voice from real ones last night, shout out y'all who pulled up hooked up with the Homies a DP sound. The Homie first one apparently is part of the Zeit Gang, who's part of the Bridge's Crew, which is a lot of like my history. This is very La stuff for the rest of y'all, essentially our hip hop scene and are like weeklies and monthlies where you would hear good DJs and stuff like that, Like I'm naming names from that, but anyway, he's part of the Zeit Gang. Anyway, I say all that to say I've been around the greatest DJs I can say in the world, beat Nuts, beat Junkies, Scratch Pickles, the greatest DJs.
Speaker 1: In the history at hip hop.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've ever actually teared up at how perfect a set was to when I heard Scratch Bastard play at this event called Boombox. Way off topic here, but I think this is important. Like I say, oftentimes a lot of these y ns, if you will, a lot of them, maybe not the young, young ones, but they kind of romanticized like the nineties gang in turf wars and violence from like the eras of oro ogs, whether it's the NWA era or like the Snoop Dogg era. And truthfully, I would not wish any of those times on my worst enemy. Just the heightened sense of danger at all times, like you never relaxed, You're just freaking amygdala, your lizard brain just always in fight or flight.
Speaker 1: Like I wouldn't wish that on nobody.
Speaker 2: But what I would wish on y'all is our experience with art and culture. Man being able to go down to Dogtown see these skaters and empty pools and just culture being made. The scene that we kind of came out of with like open mics and dance floors. We were out doing participating in hip hop a good five nights a week. That experience. These are friends that I still have to this day. Like a lot of the leaders like Will I Am and Black Eyed Peas, they were just a part of our scene, you know, And just being in these moments, it's just I feel like the famous Juice is supernatural battle, the battle that Eminem got discovered on when he battled Otherwise at Elements at the l RA Theater. We just got to witness such dope culture.
Speaker 1: It's amazing.
Speaker 2: Anyway, that's on some personal note, But now let's get into this Black Excellence thing. I'm gonna talk to you all about something that may not seem like it has anything to do with America until you see how deeply American this play will become. And then later on that this week when we do the Tapping episode, we're going to talk about Ryan Coogler and essentially.
Speaker 1: The same premise.
Speaker 2: Here is how America feels about black excellence, really how the West feels about black caca. Now, as I say this, it is important to remember, and I think a great example of this would be Ditty, that the government has conspired to take down many amazing, strong Black men. This does not make them heroes or innocent. Every nigga in jail ain't Nelson Mandela. This is not y'all are not all political prisoners. It's just oftentimes when it comes to the Black community, and I think in brown also, but I'm speaking right now about the Black community, our whole diaspora, we're not allowed to have Our heroes. Can't be complicated. Our heroes can't have flaws and just be complicated humans who may have had good intentions or bad intentions or anything in between. So Diddy is not one of them. So y'all need to be up under the jail. And I'm saying this as an abolitionist, but I am saying when we start talking about our heroes, especially people who have fought for the liberation of black people everywhere, somehow or another, the West figures out of the way how to make this man a villain, and that villainry is supposed to undermine all of our views for them, y'all would call Black Panthers a terrorist organization. Y'all would, uh you know doctor King was a womanizer, which he was. Malcolm X was racist and hated like we just like we can't have no Fred Hampton, you know, the Black Messiah.
Speaker 1: We can't have nothing.
Speaker 2: Our heroes can't be complicated, whereas you allow people like you know, Tricky Dick. I mean, just pick a white man. Hell, Mike Wallas gets to keep his job. Are you talking about the man? No, he gets know this man don't get to keep his job. He gets transferred to a different department and in my opinion, a much more fun job. Mike Wallace, the hommy that was the Secretary of Defense and added the Atlantic Reporter to his group text owned signal no less. Rather than getting booted out immediately, they send him to be the UN ambassador. Boy, I tell you, rich white men just can't fail. Like it is impossible for y'all to fail. Y'all got no flaws. And of course the president himself, well you know he's rough around the edges were a criminal.
Speaker 1: But I digress.
Speaker 2: Black excellence independence, it scares the West, and I think it scares the West all the way back to the land grabs the scramble for Africa. The West needs us, and I'm saying us as part of the diaspora, it needs us to need them. We see it played out in America a little differently. But right now I want to talk about abroad and to get into this, I want to start with a little story which I may have said before. I think I did in the usaid stuff it's about. But if you didn't hear that episode, I'm gonna rewind you anyway because it's just it's just just follow me here on tour in South Africa in twenty seventeen. Shout out to Homie Greg Casselm and DJ Easy out there, one of my brothers from Zimbabwe and on. While we were on this road trip to Botswana to go perform out there at a church whose pastor is from Long Beach No Less, we were talking politics. You knew I was into that. We were talking about what he thought about Obama. I was asking him about like just the younger the younger generation activists in South Africa. There views on Matiba or Nelson Mandela and they a lot of times they feel like he didn't go far enough. They you know, kind of played nice. And then he asked me if I had a political hero, and for me, as an American as complicated, like I can't think of anybody like that. He was like, minus Momar Kadaffi, and I was like, record scratched. What Kadafi from Libya?
Speaker 1: And I think that was one of those moments. Oh. Then he talked about Cuba too.
Speaker 2: He was like, everybody I know has a Cuban doctor, that Cuba's been exporting doctors to Africa this entire time, and you just there's there's a very few times. Because I consider myself pretty well traveled, pretty well informed.
Speaker 1: My daughter, don't tell my mama.
Speaker 2: Because she's gonna be mad about this, But my daughter read my star chart, like the astrology type stuff. Don't tell my mama because then she's gonna show up at my house with the blessed oil try to pray it out my house. But one of the things that she said was on my star chart is a curiosity about a wide breadth of things. And I'm like, well, you know that scans. I consider myself very well informed, but every once in a while you have moments when you realize, oh, you are in a cultural bubble, you are in an informational sphere that informs the way you see the world. And nothing shakes me more than when I go to Africa and somebody says a sentence like that Cuba like or really like Cuba like, Yeah, you ever wonder why they smoke cigars so well and they don't be dying a lung cancer like we do. I was like, what my whole boyfriend, we had a Greg and Chantelle Denise. He told me they did their honeymoon in Cuba. I was like, you went to Cuba for your honeymoon? He goes, yeah, that's an American thing that y'all don't go there. The rest of us go there all the time. It's great.
Speaker 1: I just it's a like a dimension I just didn't know was real.
Speaker 2: So anyway, we did a bastard episode on momark A Daffi And I'm not here to scrub this guy's reputation. I'm just saying we are totally unaware until it's made clear just how curated our informational bubble is. This man said Kadafi was his hero and part of why he said that is because he's, like very few African leaders dare to not need the West to do what they gotta do to make sure that they can take care of themselves. One thing Momark he was doing is he was removing Libya from the World Bank. That was one thing he's working. Oh, he was working on a ghostand I remember hearing Lewis Farrakahn talk about it. And Lewis Farrakhan is a complicated figure here too, but he is an example of somebody that's out of our information bubble. The problem a lot of times, even with that understanding is in America is the fact that like some of the other information bubbles beat conspiracy theories where it's sound, where the earth all of a sudden flat, you know.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So like you just it's almost like you don't want to poke your head out of your circle, just in case you run into an old QAnon gamer Gate head ass if you can you get these moments that make you say, oh, I was led to believe, not despite any evidence, but I was led to believe that Momar Kadafi was pure evil. And again the nick Cleansing's the things for which the murders that might have happened under his I'm not talking about I'm talking about a person look me in the face, a god fearing man from the continent essentially told me that you might have a story wrong, which is what I have to tell people all the time about.
Speaker 1: The Black panthers. You might have the story wrong. But what we know, what we understand is how I'm gonna get into this.
Speaker 2: Captain here about a small country called Burkino Fasso, Bikino Fasso, Captain Ibraham Tarrar, and why black excellence scares the West.
Speaker 1: Let's do this.
Speaker 2: When it comes to the full African diaspora of African Americans, black people out here, Caribbean black people, Indian black people.
Speaker 1: African black people.
Speaker 2: We often define ourselves by where the boat dropped us off rather than where we were picked up from.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: That's why you look at a Cuban black man and be like, but I thought you was Latino, and he like, now that's where we just got dropped off. Where we came from is the same place you came from. The homiemerse Ariman Raus chilling backstage with one of his crip friends, and who's Cuban two?
Speaker 1: And he said.
Speaker 2: People used to always say, hey, but you Cuban while you look black, he go nigga cause I am black.
Speaker 1: You go down to Columbia, they.
Speaker 2: Black as hell, like we got dropped off all across the Americas. But with that, oftentimes, because this is just a product of imperialism and colonialism, we tend to identify with that group that we got off the boat from more than where we started from. We start allowing for a lot of divide and conquered type type beats to take apart our experience, some of which if once you start talking, you could kind of understand when you think about Caribbean black people Haitians, which is a great example of what I'm about to talk about too. Jamaican's how they threw off their slave owners. Like those were successful slave rebellions. We didn't do it in America. So in a lot of it, So sometimes Caribbean of black people kind of look down on us a little bit because we couldn't we couldn't do it, you know. In some ways, Africans oftentimes they get here because they've bought the American dream. But they get here and they start succeeding a lot of Nigerians especially down in Houston. Some of them end up poor, but some of them actually come from wealth. Like I know a lot of friends who are like it's like they say this to not be funny, but it's like, yeah, our family is royalty. Back home, it's just there's just not a lot of opportunities. So we came out here, but like, yeah, back home, my grandparents have servants. Like it's because of the wealth disparage, and they're like, oh, yeah, we're sending money back to the compound back at home. So when they come here and they get it popping, you know, they they're thinking, how come black people don't know how to work? Like, why aren't you taking advantage of all of these opportunities you have?
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: So there's this misunderstanding of our experiences and how we interact with each other that oftentimes becomes a hammer or a crowbar that the forces that oppress us continue to use on us, and we kind of like sometimes take it out of their hands and put it on each other. But it seems like we're learning. It seems like we're learning that this old tired playbook. Now that the Internet exists and we can talk to other Africans and Africans have come here and they understand. A lot of times, I like, bro I met African people that get to America and they're like, this is the first time I even thought about the fact that I was black, because I live in a black world. Is no such thing as black, Like we just don't think about it. You realize I was black. I've always been my tribe. But you get here you understand like, oh, this is a different world.
Speaker 1: You feel me. But anyway, we're starting to learn.
Speaker 2: Let me teach y'all about a man, a revolutionary who right now is in the scopes of the West and why Captain Ibraham Tror. I can't say his name because it's French Tar and like French don't roll off my tongue like Spanish, I can speak Spanish.
Speaker 1: French is real hard for me.
Speaker 2: Why that man's name is French is because of the African lamp crab. He is from a small country that is in between.
Speaker 1: It's north of.
Speaker 2: Ghana and it's south of Mali, a small little country that I'm pretty sure you ain't no existed. You know how I know you didn't know it existed because I ain't know it existed. That's how bad are you to listen? That's this space right here, and how big the world is. He became the ifso facto leader of Bukina Fasso in September of twenty twenty two, but that was because this was the second military coup that had happened in seven months. When he came into power, he took out the.
Speaker 1: Dude that.
Speaker 2: Led the last coup, who he usuly actually worked for, named Paul Henry Demba.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: He led the coop in January of twenty twenty two, right toppling the former president who was like just a regular, regular civilian president named Kabori. Kabor Please please forgive me for my butchering a y'all's African and French nag. But the reason why he said he had to remove this last military coup guy was because you wasn't doing nothing to stop any of the Jihadis and the extremists that have essentially taken apart our country. What does any of this have to do with America, Well, let me tell you what happened.
Speaker 1: A few weeks ago.
Speaker 2: General Michael Langley, he's the head of the US military in Africa, said that this man during a US Senate hearing Captain Ibraham Charrar was stealing gold and money from his people to fatten his pockets so he can stay in power. So for some reason, this American general, in a discussion about USAID and about soft power that happens in foreign countries. We remember again we talked about USAID somehow or another, he put this man in this guy's scope, and he told him that he was corrupt and that he's stealing money from his own people. Now, where have we heard that before? And why would you say that about him? About this tiny again country that none of y'all ever heard of. I could say that for a fact, unless you're from here, you from there, I'm pretty sure none of y'all are. I mean, unless you Afro studies majors and as in like African West African studies made you probably never heard of this thing. Maybe you're from Nigeria or Benin so you kind of knew this, but or maybe you tapped into the diaspora. But I'm pretty sure this man has not crime across your feed until this moment. According to the AP, I'm gonna read this earlier this month, General Michael Lanley, the head of US military in Africa accused Tararar during a US debate semit it Us during a US Senate committee hearing of using Bikino Fossil's gold reserves to benefit the junta at the expense of the population. Right, and then crowds and crowds and crowds, massive crowds of protests started happening in Bikino FOSSi, but in a lot of ways across the African diaspora in support of Captain Ibraham. Why if he's so corrupt is what has bewitched all these people for them to not know something that the American military knows, and why does the American military even care? Crowds of protesters gathered in the Place of Revolution in Bikina Fosso's capital on Wednesday, chanting long Live Captain Charrar, with some holding banners showing a photo of General Langley with the word slave written over his head in red marker, essentially they calling him a house nigga, and others wave Burkina Fosso and Russian flags, which we'll talk about in a minute, a close ally to the African country, which is probably a hint as to why we started hating on this man, oh Cebe Johnson, he's a musician who came to the protests, said he's not surprised that the accusations launched by Lang because watch this. Colin Powell lied, Iraq was destroyed, Barack Obama lied, Gaddafi was killed. But this time the lies won't affect us. That's why we tell them we're not against them, but we are against the preditation and economic slavery. Now I want you to key on that word economic slavery and preditation, and you tell me why America after this man.
Speaker 1: So let's back up.
Speaker 2: So this young man born in nineteen eighty eight, right, he graduated valedictorian from his college, and he studied geology and went into the military.
Speaker 1: Went into the military later.
Speaker 2: He joined the military in two thousand and nine, graduated in twenty twelve, and was enjoined the artillery. But he ain't really really get hot right rocking his little red beret that throws back to their old There there was a revolutionary in the eighties named Tomas, which I'm not gonna talk too much time about this, but he's he's a essentially like almost like the second Coming.
Speaker 1: Like a like a spass I type character. Without the religion around it.
Speaker 2: But he really got hot in twenty fourteen when he went to Mali for a UN peacekeeping program called Manusa and he fought against Jihadja's jihadis again in ethnic insurgents. Now back to our informational hole we come into. You hear the term jihadis, you hear the term ethnic insurgents, and you probably think of like a nineties trope, right, But what we need to know and need to remember is that these tropes often come out of prejudice and are way more simplified than they need to be. It's complicated. Or when you hear terms like ethnic insurgencies like on if you lean more progressive in the left, you think of these as like noble freedom fighting savages. But they're both racists and incomplete tropes.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: But at the end of the day, here's the thing you wasn't outside, You wasn't in Africa. Like the people he talking about is like the Boko Harum like type beat.
Speaker 1: Right. You remember them.
Speaker 2: Dudes that captured the girls from the Little Girls school. It held them hostage. You remember them. When we say jihadis, we talk about like offshoot to al Qaeda, Right, We say, ethnic insurgencies. These are the people that are fighting back, like the street, the street people fighting back. In a lot of times, the ethnic insurgencies are harkening back to before these random borders were drawn by white people. We've been feuding with these people anyway, and this is how we can retain retain power because there's only so many finite amount of resource and fools get brutal, fools get real brutal out there. There's discussions around should Africans accept now now that obviously so many years later, should we accept these identities, these these national borders that were given to them by Europe, Like what do you mean Ghanaian, the old Ghana, Ma, Ghana, Mali, and Songhai. Like the Ghana Empire is not literally where the nation state of Ghana is, this is named after it. There's a question as to like why don't we go back to our ethnic identities. I mean, it'd be the same question of like why do any of us identify as being from California, you know, or the state that you're from. Those borders are made up. So there's a discussion where it's like, look, dude, it is what it is. We are accepting our africanness, and it's been so many generations and identities are malleable. You feel me like you might be a part of this tribe, but if you grew up in the city, you really don't have much connection. Like there's an ancestry, right, just like I found my ancestry is Ethiopian. But for me to run around here talk about what's habashah like I would be a poser. That's not really who I am. It's my lineage. I wish it's just not true. I wish I was at again. I am of African descent. I am of the diaspora. So these ethnic insurgencies and these jahadas anyway, the violence that these groups like perpetrate on what is seeming their own people. It's an unbridled violence that, like I just there's not enough words in the English language for me to get your brain around the reasoning for their violence. Can be as complicated or as simple as you might guess, but it's there. He was a part of the regular degulars. People say that he's always been charismatic, but he's but he quiet. He's just a good soldier. He went out there and he fought against jahadas and when you fight against people that are trying to take away your freedoms, you become a hero. It just is what it is. So he served a part called the three border area. It's mally N and Rikino Fasso like. And there's there's a point if you again, if you're looking at the map of Africa, there's a point where all three of these countries touch.
Speaker 1: Now you may remember if you were paying attention.
Speaker 2: Nizer has been in the news for the last two years because of their issues with Jihadis.
Speaker 1: It's real over there now.
Speaker 2: When we talk about Jihadis, I am not talking about Islam. I'm talking about these particular just like when I talk just like when somebody else talk about Christian. I don't mean Trump had asked like, I ain't talking about dim blowhards. I'll talk about Mamma Winian now. So you know that there's a difference, right. I just want to make sure that that's being clear. These people are violent Ryan virus, these particular groups that he's like pushing against, and he fought under he was made a captain in twenty twenty when he fought under or under the leadership of the guy Paul Henry Domiba, who ended up running the last coup, so as he saw his country actually really being overtaken by UH Jihadis, like town by town, he was out there liberating, freeing these towns. Now, let's pause here and talk about, like how anybody gets recruited in any of these things anyway. Well, in our network, you got shows like Weird Little Guys, right, and even a lot of stuff that they would talk about in various you know, bastards episodes of how people get on boarder to this. A lot of this has to do a lack of resources and a lack of representation and a lack of opportunity. A lot of times when you hear people talk about how they join white supremacist movements, it's not so much that they had any real issue with any other people. They just kind of felt like they were victims, that there is in fact a white genocide, that we are being a race from the earth, that no one accepts the pain that we're going through. And then you spend this story and it becomes easy enough to get recruited into because you start believing this story. The same thing happens a lot of times with like Muslim extremists or jihadis.
Speaker 1: It's like you start with.
Speaker 2: This kernel of truth about the way that the West feels about Arab nations, Nigga you right, and the opportunities that just are not for you, and that it seems that when you just play by the rule, nothing ever works for you. Lonely, you can't get no girl, these promises of you know, success and wealth. This this paradise that should be yours is not here, So you need to go get it. These people have been brainwashed by the West. You need to go get yours. Does that sound familiar? Now, these groups that they join, they don't be as just like your white supremacist group. They don't be as revolutionary as they sell themselves. They just be mafia's right. They they're kidnapping, they're doing extortion. They just be they and they at the end of the day, they just be gangs extorting. They're making money. They're stealing resources from the government. You know when government aid comes into these foreign cities, they just stealing them. Right, you try to build a business, you gotta run your you gotta run twenty percent of your business. They're kidnapping and making people pay like it's to mafia. They just call themselves Jahadis. You know what I'm saying. They say they're doing this holy war, and some of them might be true believers, but how they move it and the government can't do shit. By the year, by twenty twenty two, two million people were displaced and fifty percent of their country fifty half face starvation. Can you I don't know if you can get your brain around that half of America might start That's the situation they in. And if you imagine that, imagine how frustrated we are with our presidents. Now imagine that, But fifty percent of us was starving. Don't you think some don't you think a coop would happen. And while this is happening, gangs are just roving our street, kidnapping and abstorting your teachers, explorting your teachers. This I mean, somebody go come in here, takeout like nigga. You don't know what you're doing. Get this to me. So by January twenty twenty two, a military coup led by Paul Henry Demba overthrew the civilian government. But the problem was they still couldn't stop these jihattis like it just for seven months they was trying to get this thing cracking, trying to get this thing.
Speaker 1: Did this thing going on?
Speaker 2: I remember, our boy Ibraham is a captain in this army that's supposed to be leading the charge in taking down these jahattis. Now he's still in the streets. He's still outside, he's still in the front line, still in the trenches. Paul Henry, he he up at the capitol. He a bureaucrat. Now he out there sitting all that air conditioner. So the attacks keep coming and it keeps getting worse, and the people out there doing the fighting, Ibraham, and they're not getting they're not getting paid, they're not getting any money. And Ibraham, who felt like he had a good rapport with Paul Henry, was trying to get these meetings with him and being like, Yo, the hummies is feeling we're starting to feel a way about how this is working. We outside dying, We in this African heat, You up here in this air conditioner, We out here fighting. He's fight without no resources, and we're not getting paid. We can't keep doing this. And then the straw that broke the camel's back was two things happened. There was an attack on this one hundred and fifty truck convoy that was on its way to these captured starving villages on the outskirts that the military was leading with all the aid, food resources, all the stuff that the citizens of Bikino Fossil needed. It got attacked by jihadis. Ten civilians were killed and twenty seven soldiers were killed. Meanwhile, this fool was up in the UN, This fool Paul was up at the ill at the UN telling everybody out there that we are really making moves, were really making process right folks back home was like, Nah, fam, what are you talking about? It's gotten worse. Bruh, that's it because I'm taking his mug over. He tried to meet with him before he got to that point too, and the boy just and and boy boy kept giving him the ulkie dock, like, why are you not like what our situation is dire out here?
Speaker 1: My boy?
Speaker 2: Now check this out. None of this has got to do with America right now. But we're about to see what happened from here. So this man takes over another military coup, steps in charge. And remember he's already loved. He's gentle, he's like he's like the type of he's the type of alpha male that a lot of you like, little dumbass manosphere dudes wish you were. He's gentle, he's soft spoken, he smiles well, but he's a murderer, and he about that life and he's and he about his people, and he take care of his family. He take care of his folk. His boys love him, his boys trust him. And he'll put a hole through your chest if he needs to. But he doesn't need to be aggressive. He's smart.
Speaker 1: And if people love.
Speaker 2: Him, so he gets in power and he gets busy. His first step, we need to kick out France, my nigga, what you mean kick out France? Well, bikino fasso. Since the eighteen hundreds, all the way up until no, the seventeen hundreds, all the way up until nineteen sixty, was just a colony of France. Now, once they finally handed over leadership to the African leaders, that's a quote un quote un quote their liberation, there was still a military outpost there.
Speaker 1: All them niggas don't leave. White boys, ain't leave you.
Speaker 2: The reason why half they names a French is because this is just this was just a French colony. I've been to Cameroon, I've been to French Africa. The French influence on this part of Africa is very thick. Niger, you mean Niger, it's French. They didn't really leave South Africa. It's Dutch because they didn't really leave, right. So he start to get moving, but before he get moving, he got to deal with this dude that they just put out.
Speaker 1: The dude that they just put out. This this was real.
Speaker 2: This The move that made him the people's champ was when the other dude got kicked out, Paul Henry. It was word got back to Captain Ebraham that he was hiding at the French consulate. So he tell the people like, oh word, you know your big bad leader that was here before. He over there hiding with the white boys. You know, these white people been taking you know, a dog on tariffs and indulgences from your whole people. The reason why y'all can't succeed these white men that still got armies out here. He hiding over there with them. The people was like, oh, that's it, because you're gonna run over there with the white boys. They burnt down that French consulate. They was like, we tired, we tied of this French rule. You listen. More of the story is no one likes colonizers. I just I don't know why no one likes colonizers. Right, So he brought the heat. He brought the heat to France, right, but he was like listen in twenty twenty three, in early twenty twenty three, he told France like, look, I'm gonna give y'all a month to get yall to get your army out of here, okay, And.
Speaker 1: They left carefully. Was like it worked.
Speaker 2: He kicked him out right, We're gonna take care of ourselves.
Speaker 1: We're gonna figure out what he need to do. You know what this man did.
Speaker 2: This man brought the food supplies, the food growth, the produce growth. See, they make a lot of rights, but all of this stuff gets exported everywhere else in the world. He said, you know what, I'm gonna not let y'all export no more. We need to keep our food here. You know, the gold, because Africa is just covered in gold and other precious minerals, all of just come out the water all over. He said, you know what, listen, these gold refinery places, we're gonna nationalize them. I'm gonna bring them under here. So that we can make our own money, right, And I'm gonna not approve any of y'all licenses to export goal anywhere else. If you are from somewhere else and you want to open a gold refinery here, I'm gonna shut it down. I'm not gonna give you no license to open a goal refinery here else. We need to start taking care of ourselves. He looked at the IMF and he said, I know y'all give out loans for countries to start, they start, they to get themselves off their feet. I don't want your money. He looked at the World Bank and he said, I don't want y'all money. We literally make gold here. I don't need your money. And that my friend was his Ai Tupac. This is what got him in the scopes of our country. This man told the World Bank, do you know what money's in the World Bank?
Speaker 1: Do you know what currency?
Speaker 2: If you if you listening to the audio medium, I just raised my eyebrows because that's a code for you to know that it's the US dollar.
Speaker 1: Do you know who run the IMF?
Speaker 2: Oh, these are Western financial institutions. And since we can do what the hell we want to do, we can partner with who the hell we want to partner with? And your beef with them people is not my beef. He talked to Vladimir Putin. Y'all may or may not know, but China and Russia been making moves in Africa for a long time.
Speaker 1: There's still a beef.
Speaker 2: There's still discussions among African activists out there now about should we keep accepting China's money. They're building roads, they building airports, and a lot of some African activists are like, listen, this is just the new West. They're just gonna do what they did to us. It's gonna be the same thing. It's just it's the yen now instead of the US dollar. It ain't no different. We're still gonna be a slave to another country. Other people is like, well, listen, maybe we can learn the lessons from there, and now that we understand that what we bring to the table, maybe we have a little better leverage now because I think we are a long way from being able to actually stand on our own two feet. So maybe we should accept a little help, a little assistance. But either way, United States, Europe, it's none of your business.
Speaker 1: It's what Abraham is saying.
Speaker 2: And America don't like that. America don't like you talking to Russia, which is so weird to me because well they might not have had you not ended usai D. But you know, racist gone racist.
Speaker 1: This brother flew up to.
Speaker 2: Russia for his version of usai DU summit with a bunch of different African leaders and he made these statements quote, the problem is seeing African heads of state who bring nothing to the people who are struggling, singing the same song as the imperialists who call us militia.
Speaker 1: Do you hear that?
Speaker 2: You in the you in the wrong information cycle? He was like, the imperialists call us militia. You you calling your you're calling us militia as derogatory, that somehow or another, our fight for self governments, governance to throw off our imperial leaders is somehow less than we're we're we're we're not a government, We're just a militia.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's derogatory, right, it's the meaning.
Speaker 2: But he says, but the problem with the rest of you African leaders is well, you not doing nothing for your people neither, how are you any different?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: As a result, they end up referring to us as people who don't respect human rights. Like he said, every nigga jail, like I said earlier, every nigga jail ain't Nelson Mandela, every every African leader who tries to talk that talk about self governance and independence. You not doing nothing for your people. How are you any different? That's why the world don't think you respect human rights.
Speaker 1: You ain't no different. I'm different. And it's true. Starvation levels have dropped.
Speaker 2: They're making so much money already, he said. We African heads of state must stop acting like check this out the marionettes who dance each time the imperialists pull our strings. My Mirraga talking that talk. He said this yesterday in July twenty seven. This was last year President Vladimir Putin announced that free grain would be shipped to Africa. Now we covered this before. They've been senting grain to Africa. Free gain will be shipped to Africa. This is pleasing and we say thank you for this. However, this is also a message to our African heads of state at the next forum. We must not come here without having any insured self sufficiency of the food supply for our people. We must learn from the experience of those who succeeded at achieving this. I thank you very much for your grain. We appreciate it. Now, if you say free, you better mean free, because if not, you could keep it because I don't know if you notice, we're in Africa.
Speaker 1: We can grow everything.
Speaker 2: There's diamonds in the dirt, and for too long we've just let y'all come over here with strings attached. I'll give you grain if you give us diamonds. All of a sudden, there's less grain and a lot of diamonds given all of a sudden. We in these civil wars, and we consider the savages, and we the militias, we the insurgencies. Well, we just trying to get these imperials out here because we just dance monkey dance every time y'all come in here. Nah, fam, I'm done dancing for y'all. You can help me, that's great, but I'm done dancing for y'all. You can't talk like that in front of these white people. Bruh's brought change. Listen, do you know what he's doing. This man got plans for a nuclear power plant. Do you know that they're making electric cars. I'm gonna say this again, this African country. You never heard of is making electric cars. Y'all are in the wrong informational pipeine for you to understand what's actually happening in Africa.
Speaker 1: Now, it ain't all roses because there was a there was a coup.
Speaker 2: There was a coup attempt, and this is where America, Americas, the belief of that coup attempt was put together by what they believe was Western forces. I'm giggling because we've done this before. We've done it with Moza Deck. We do this all the time. We destabilize countries all the time, and then we take someone who is a hero to their people and we call them dictators. Now, don't get me wrong, there's a heightened surveillance state out there right. There is accusations of human ghosts, gross crimes against humanity, of course there are. But don't it seem so convenient that the person that said you could keep your money and I'm a tap in with who I want to tap in with, and it's not your business anyway. The person that said you can't just keep taking our goal like this, that maybe we don't need your money, that maybe we can build our own nuclear plans, Maybe I don't need American cars maybe we can make our own and ours won't need gas.
Speaker 1: The heat of dictator.
Speaker 2: Ica don't like black excellence, to which I say, we should keep being excellent.
Speaker 1: So we'll see what's going on. There might be problems with that man.
Speaker 2: We don't know that, but we also know that's not our business anyway.
Speaker 1: We seem to only care when you mess with our money. Good politics, y'all.
Speaker 2: All right, now, don't you hit stop on this pod. You better listen to these credits. I need you to finish this thing so I can get the download numbers. Okay, so don't stop it yet, but listen. This was recorded in East Boyle Heights by your boy Propaganda. Tap in with me at prop hip hop dot com. If you're in the Coldbrew coffee we got Terraform Coldbrew. You can go there dot com and use promo code hood get twenty percent off get yourself some coffee. This was mixed, edited and mastered by your boy Matt Alsowski killing the beat softly. Check out his website Matdowsowski dot com. I'm a speller for you because I know M A T T O S O W s ki dot com.
Speaker 1: Matthowsowski dot com. He got more music and.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that on there, so gonna check out the heat. Politics is a member of cool Zone Media, Executive produced by Sophie Lichterman, part of the iHeartMedia podcast network. Your theme music and scoring is also by the one and overly Mattowsowski. Still killing the beat softly, so listen. Don't let nobody lie to you. If you understand urban living, you understand politics.
Speaker 1: These people is not smarter than you. We'll see y'all next week.