Speaker 1: Hey, I got COVID. I'm pretty sure. But we are back and we are to black.
Speaker 2: Were not going to laugh. Don't you love that we have a show. We didn't got a fake it. You an't got a vacant tip. Tip is not feeling well, you guys. She wants to be in bed.
Speaker 3: But I love y'all so much that I crawled out of my three hour nap from the bed, threw on some shirt I don't even know. I think I got this free at some festival and was like, we're gonna do this and then I'm gonna get back into bed.
Speaker 1: Thankfully.
Speaker 3: This is the only thing I have today. That's how much un ambition means to why.
Speaker 2: Oh, I mean, we could just stare at each other for a while long time.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm feeling good, feeling good. Belated Happy birthday to Superman.
Speaker 3: Thank you, and thank you for making the donation on his behalf. That's really heart I didn't even think about that. I think every year because I you know, during our our innvers, I'd posted and the video was like really heartwarming but sad. So for his birthday, I really wanted to post a series of videos that were celebratory. You know, you get to see him dancing and laughing and so you know, I just posted.
Speaker 2: Around the rosie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it wasn't that so cute.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, I'm so saying six' six, yes around the, rosie hunched over with a little.
Speaker 1: You, know it's so.
Speaker 3: CRAZY i was so self, absorbed, like, ooh this is my. SONG i want you to be you. Know it wasn't TIL i watched the play BACK i was, like oh, Wait jerel's in the back just saving humanity And i'm in the, front like a get into these.
Speaker 1: Lyrics but that was.
Speaker 3: Him he loved the, kids and so it was just so representative of his. Personality so it was just we we had a birthday party because you, know his, Twin, tourelle is still very much here and, loved and so we were debating if we're going to have, something BUT i was just, like it just feels Like terrell's, here you, know Like dreel's not, here But terrell's, here and it shouldn't feel like because your twin's not, here we don't celebrate.
Speaker 1: Anymore so we.
Speaker 3: Did, it which was really lovely and, beautiful and so, yeah we got through our first you, know this is going to be a year, first and some first really take you. Out AND i feel like for, me it was the anniversary that it was.
Speaker 1: Like it's too.
Speaker 3: Much that's WHY i went To Upstate New york during that. Time and For, alyssa my bonus, baby for her it Was Father's, day it was too, much you. Know and then For toroll his, twin it was his. Birthday SO i feel like we all have a date that's just, like you know, what this is too. Much So i'm glad that we're on this other. Side but on a brighter lighter, NOTE i just got back from. Investments yeah it looked.
Speaker 1: Epic it was.
Speaker 2: EPIC i feel bad for. Anyone i'm, like do we want to talk ABOUT covid when you were just invest best if you guys, Know i'm pretty.
Speaker 3: Sure any here's the day y'all gave it to, Me so that's your. FAT i was hugging, people kiss the, baby shaking. Hands i'm pretty.
Speaker 2: SURE i saw not one mask in The instagram stories AND i was, like, oh, Okay, atlanta y'all just out, there. Girl, okay But atlanta's always like the pandemic has just never been LIKE i just feel Like atlanta was, like, oh we're good, Here we're the. City too busy to HAVE covid.
Speaker 1: Girl it.
Speaker 3: Was but WHEN i tell you, THOUGH i have to Say Rashad troy and they have another, PARTNER. Mg these are them the founders of this podcast in business really this media business Called Earn Your, Leisure.
Speaker 1: Like if y'all have heard of.
Speaker 2: It they're just a little business called but some.
Speaker 1: People you'd be.
Speaker 3: Surprised and, so so, yeah they have a, podcast but they also have like just a larger. Business and so they had their second ever invest fest last year was the first, one same place In atlanta at The Georgia Congress.
Speaker 1: Center or something.
Speaker 3: Like that's huge AND i, Spoke, yeah it was, huge and SO i got to. SPEAK i was on a panel With anthony. O'Neill this woman Named Ms business who is A cpa And Egypt. Charat you might remember her from if you're From New. York egypt used to be a really popular radio. Personality now these she's this HUGE hgtv, Star So Egypt, charad she's really.
Speaker 1: Awesome so three of us on a.
Speaker 3: Panel egypt posted and we talked about how to survive the recession and so.
Speaker 1: It just you, know, Well i'm used to sitting on.
Speaker 3: Stages but it wasn't until LIKE i got to sit back in the audience THAT i realized what it looked like from the, audience how epic it, felt because they had twelve thousand black and brown people here for financial, education not a, concert and you would have thought we were at a. Concert like the way they screamed for like their favorite financial, educator not a, concert not for, music not for it felt Like i've never seen anything like.
Speaker 1: IT i Mean i've, Been i've.
Speaker 3: Done i've spoken In Essence, FEST i spoken at women that Aren't loose with, TDJ'S i spoken In Women evolved With Sara, jake's his. DAUGHTER i, Mean i've spoken at some of the Biggest, literally there's a conference called The Women's, conference which is the largest women's conference in the world OR i think it's like sixty or seventy thousand people that. Come AND i never felt more of the impact than this, conference just because to see a sea of us and there was no what are those metal? Detectors there was no. ISSUES i, mean they had a vendor, room you, know like you didn't feel like it just felt like, yo like a, huge much family reunion of people who want to do. Better it was just it was incredible and the kind of vision that you have to have to do something like. That i'm JUST i have to commend With, Shad troy AND mg and their whole team because the execution was amazing and, so, YEAH i had an awesome. Time check my it might be too, late BUT i was gonna say if you check my, stories so it is too late because by the time you watch you listen to, this the stories will have.
Speaker 2: Passed i'm GLAD i remember to get on. There i'm, LIKE i thought she posted something in her. Stories, yeah the sound of the crowd cheering for. YOU i was, like, hell, GIRL i love.
Speaker 3: You it was crazy because that's HOW i got the bid BECAUSE i you, know sometimes you forget how many people that you know you've served over the. Years and SO i was walking through the vendor.
Speaker 1: THING i don't.
Speaker 3: THOUGHT i know THAT i got ten steps into the, vendor but there were so many dream catches that were, Like, TIFFANY i just have to tell, You, TIFFANY i just have to Tell Tiffany tip it was amazing because you think these are black and brown personal financial, folks you, know so of course they're, LIKE i know my favorite black and brown.
Speaker 1: Creator so many people are, like oh my, god how may DO i? SAID i love the? PODCAST i, SAID i love the. Podcast CAN i give you a?
Speaker 3: Hug WHICH i should have said, no because y'all gave ME, Covid BUT i begrudgingly took them mugs because y'all always tech me about not like to be.
Speaker 1: Hugged now you see. Why but, no it was, epic. Honestly.
Speaker 3: Oh the most epic, thing, hello was that the guys partnered With Steve. Harvey so last year they had LIKE i want to, say four thousand people. Came this year twelve. Thousand they partnered with this With Steve, harvey who his keynote On saturday was. Amazing and Then Steve harvey brought On Tyler, perry who you know is Like atlanta like royalty because he's built that three hundred like or what sixteen hundred acre you know studio on a Former confederate army, lot you, know and.
Speaker 1: He said something so, powerful he, said what did he? Say he?
Speaker 3: Said you, know, however many years ago this plot of, land there were men here who were plotting on how to keep all The negroes in their quote unquote, place and now this plot of land is owned by One.
Speaker 1: Negro.
Speaker 3: ME i was, like you bet a talk yo Talk Tyler, Perry but his keynote was just also awe.
Speaker 1: Inspiring it just it to.
Speaker 3: Me the whole conference was just a reminder of what is possible when you are aligned and really understanding like what your alignment is and focusing on. That now what everybody else is, doing but like what your thing is and moving forward with.
Speaker 1: That so it was just, like, awesome that sounds.
Speaker 2: DOPE i mean that's all we, Need like and just a reminder too that black and brown people can be seen in that context of success of bettering ourselves of, edge being highly educated and going after. IT i mean that's that sounds.
Speaker 1: Amazing yet and we can still have un brick.
Speaker 3: Ross before it was LIKE i could still twork and then talk about real estate investing the next.
Speaker 1: Hour SO i love.
Speaker 2: That now it literally feels Like Essence fest but completely focused on finance and entrepre viewership and. Investing that is. AMAZING i might need to get a digital pass next.
Speaker 1: Year, yeah yeah you.
Speaker 2: Should, well while you were, there twerking To Rick, ross some stuff was happening in the, news so let's see what's going. On first of, all On, friday jobs report came out and not too bragg BUT i was. Right there were five hundred and twenty eight thousand new jobs In, july AND i just want to put that in some. Context so experts had predicted something like two hundred thousand new, jobs which would have been down From, june but blue expectations out of the. Water so for those who are still looking for signs of a, procession, LISTEN i think what we're in this period is like mixed. Signals like the economy is just not giving us anything. Direct it's one of those relationships where like they're still keeping their open relationship status On, facebook you, know and we're like not sure where we stand with. Them BUT i think actions speak louder than, words and definitely louder than. Speculation and the action right now is that employers were adding half a million, jobs which is just like very. Exciting and, whoever you, know whatever political leadings you guys may. Have there was an epic piece of legislation that was passed over the weekend called The Inflation Reduction. Act let's talk a little bit about. That so this was like the Big democrat led. Package they've been fighting over this for a, year like a, year trying to pass this, thing and we thought it was dead and then it came back at the eleventh hour and it got. Passed it's going to, do you, know a couple of. Things it's going to release more oil so that the prices of gas can hopefully go. Down the price of gas can go. Down it's going to have funding FOR i THINK i read for low income. Housing it's going to release a bunch of money so that they can invest in like climate change, initiative so that the most vulnerable people are not like being impacted by climate. Change, oh my husband was, really this is why my husband texted. Me, really it's, like there's a tax credit for people who have electric vehicles up to seventy five hundred dollars for a new electrical vehicle Electrical and he's, like So tesla number, two, right seventy five. Hundred like we're not fucking With tesla right, now but, yeah, sure what else is? There? Tiff let me.
Speaker 3: See SO i had to mute myself SO i could cough my lung. Out oh you, know it's really crazy. That so, normally in order for something like this to, pass you have to have sixty, votes you, know but they were able to maneuver through a different kind of legislative arm and so they only needed like just a. Majority so it was literally split in The senate fifty to fifty and Then Vice President Kamala harris was a tie breaking. Vote so, Yeah i'm just like, this this seems, like you, know a step in the right, direction we. Hope and to your, point you, know it's like like it's, like are we in a.
Speaker 1: Session it's. Complicated so are we officially in a? Recession you?
Speaker 3: Know, no but are there some recession y you know trends, happening, Yes but a huge trend towards whether or not we're in a, recession To maddy's, point is, unemployment which is something that you, know not only is that not an, issue, like it's quite the. Opposite there are a ton of jobs out, there so let that be a mindered don't let your employer talk to you any kind of. WAY i, mean don't just, leave but you, know go ahead on and get you some coach or. Manny then be like all, right Then i'm gonna leave or do.
Speaker 2: Leave but do it. Right, yes, strategically there is one cool thing in the, bill BUT i didn't even realize was hanging in the balance Member. Obamacare millions of people still Use, obamacare and how it became affordable for lots of people were, subsidies so they would actually like take your income into account and you would get a subsidy low your. Premium those were supposed to expire this, year so thankfully with this bill they have been extended through twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Five.
Speaker 2: YEAH i had no idea if that had Been, obamacare like for BECAUSE i remember my DAD i used to before he got a job that offered. BENEFITS i used to enroll him and it was not cheap even with the. Subsidies SO i can only imagine what that would have caused for. Family so thank y'all for getting some ish done On Capitol hill for.
Speaker 1: ONCE i speaking Of.
Speaker 3: Obamacare it's, funny do you, Remember, Amandy LIKE i don't know if you, Remember like you know This President trump was not the president, yet he was still running and he Took Steve harvey had taken.
Speaker 1: A picture with. Him do you remember? That and like people were up in arms of blacks and The browns were up in arms Like steve you coo new sell.
Speaker 2: OUT i THINK i feel like we can't figure out whether we Love Steve harvey or. Not i'm you know we.
Speaker 1: Do, well here's the.
Speaker 3: Thing he told the story of what really happened with that. Picture he, said first of, ALL i should have listened to my. Wife she, said don't you go.
Speaker 1: Up, there you.
Speaker 3: Know but he actually did not go to, see you, Know President. Trump he went up there to see who's the Guy Gifted. Hands, oh my brain is like in a.
Speaker 1: Fog he Was Ben.
Speaker 3: Carson, yes he went to See Benny. Carson which it's such a shame Ben carson's. Legacy you're Like, jesus LIKE i Read Gifted hands as a kid because my mom was a nurse and made us all read. It and now his legacy is like of a buffoon. Almost i'm, like how are you brilliant and a buffoon at the same. Time either, way it. Happens and SO i don't know Why Ben carson was The hood director because he's an, amazing amazing surgeon that changed the lives of so many people and the way surgery is. Done but that doesn't have anything to do with like understanding the housing housing market and all the complexities there two different.
Speaker 1: Things so, Anyway.
Speaker 3: Steve went to See Ben carson because he had an idea of there were all of these schools AND i can be a testament Because newark has a lot of schools that were shut down because they were doing. Poorly And steve, said these schools already have the infrastructure in, place these empty. Buildings what if we turned them into vision centers basically like community, centers because they're already. Here they're already here to serve. Kids let's not let it just like waste. Away so he went to See Ben carson to give him that. Idea ben, SAID i think this is actually a great. Idea Of ben's time in. Office that was the only idea that he actually did and saw. Through So steve was, like you, know he had not seen the. President he was coming out and getting to the elevator and here goes To. President, Oh, Steve i'll go down with. You steve was, like, oh, man, okay because and so he had already told the press when he was going up to The present's like what are you doing? Here he, Said i'll tell you WHEN i get back because he wanted to talk To Bank carson and kind of get his word that they.
Speaker 1: Were going to move forward with these vision.
Speaker 3: Schools so now The president's on the elevator with, you And steve, Said i'm sweating, bullets like, damn, damn, damn. Damn they come downstairs and here's all the. Press The president steps in front of him and, says today it was a good. Day we had a. Meeting we're getting rid Of. Obamacare And steve was at the, back, like that's not WHAT i as. Said steve was, like, yo he was.
Speaker 1: Like that's not WHAT i had.
Speaker 3: Said so then The president walks, off proud of, himself and Then steve went on to, SAY i was here to talk To Bank carson these vision school but of, course you know that's not going to sell. News so it was like That president And Steve harvey talked about getting rid Of. Obamacare SO i thought it was just a poignant moment of what what things look like versus what things are you, know and, YES i just it was just, crazy, yes, optics, Yes and he was, like but, honestly IF i had just listened to my, wife which famous last, words THEN i wouldn't have gone up there because she said, basically it was too, soon you, know like just wait and reach out. Later BUT i just thought that was a funny, story AND i was, like let me let me pass that on, all you, know so Mister harvey can get some.
Speaker 2: Rest he could learn a thing or two from a Listener. Kevin remember Listener kevin from last. Week, y'all if you haven't listened TO q And a's, update we have the most epic update from our beautiful, Listener, kevin who did not listen to his wife And i'm gonna he coined the, Phrase i'm going to re listen to. HER i listened to. HER i, like, oh well that's. GOOD i, mean you, know let's do some free pr work For Steve. Harvey that's all, Right Rio pete in the party yesterday twice.
Speaker 1: Becoming a big.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes because now he'll be three In, november so it's. Time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, No, no, honestly here's the thing that cause real is tall and he looks five or even, six Like i've seen the, pictures you, know and so you, know but meaning, like sometimes it's. Hard AND i tell this to parents that are, like sometimes it's hard when you have a child that's tall because you actually have higher expectations for them because they look older than they. Are so just keeping that in mind as you're, like why is he doing? This AND i would always tell, like for, example my Nephew roman is short for his. Age he's like the size of His Like roman is going to be, seven and his Sister emilias is, five and So roman looks like a five year. Old so you, know even Though roman is a, genius he looks extra genius because you're, like look at this talking. Baby, Meanwhile roma was, like, Uh i'm twenty.
Speaker 1: Seven so.
Speaker 3: That like we used, to like with teachers they would call, it like you, know size. Bias that just being mindful that like you know that this.
Speaker 1: Is a three year. Old he, is you, know doing what three year olds.
Speaker 3: DO i know he looks five or six because he's, tall but your brain is still three and to you, know not push past like you, know what is considered like you, know within the. Line and sometimes certain kids kids never like you, know they have a by, three you do this before you do, this that's not how kids. Work some stuff at one they're gonna be doing what three yearlds to.
Speaker 1: Do and some. Stuff at, three they're gonna be doing what one year olds.
Speaker 3: Do that's, life you, Know and so, LIKE i JUST i know it's hard for parents because you're just, like.
Speaker 1: Oh my, GOSH i want him to be. GOOD i would da.
Speaker 3: Dah but LIKE i have a parent who was stressed because her kid used to hold the, fork like you, know with the. Fists you, know she's, liked what DO i?
Speaker 1: DO a little brother did that for way too, long, Girl but then look at Almost. Drake does he do that? Now now kids get to go out of them.
Speaker 2: Things social, pressure, YEAH i mean everyone's, like your kid's not going to go to college not knowing how to use the. BATHROOM i, Mean i'm just like it's just. Annoying you. Know we let him run around with no, diaper which is what every parent whose potty trained told me to. Do they're just, like take the diaper. Off you're gonna have some. Messes it's gonna be like training a. Puppy it sure. Was he loved to. Pee he peed in his, room he peed in the four, yer he peed in the. Kitchen we made it to the potty.
Speaker 1: Twice so that's a.
Speaker 2: Win that was our first. Day so we're just.
Speaker 1: Gonna do a Pot i'm part in a partty dance and some stickers or. Something you.
Speaker 2: Know this is the pro tip THAT i haven't tried yet is putting cheerios in the toilet and letting him practice.
Speaker 1: Aim i've heard. That i've heard that don't have.
Speaker 2: Any, Cheerios SO i was, LIKE i Guess i'll have to get some.
Speaker 3: Cheerios i've heard, that and he's going to be, Like, oh let me see were ready for a break and come back with some b A.
Speaker 2: Q i think that's a good place to leave. It, yeah be right back with b a. Wait no brown, Boos Brown, BREAK i, know brown boos b emoji with like half the face melted, exactly B rb, y'all.
Speaker 3: And we're back in. Black it's time for the b a. Q me, my oh my, gosh it's time for brown boots Brown. BREAK i don't have the song in, me. Y'all like this covid is JUST.
Speaker 2: I just Realized i'm sending her bopping to, it And i'm like it, again like day the week is?
Speaker 3: IT i cannot wait to get back in this. Spead so Brown, Bruce Brown. BREAK i am going to do a simple break for this DAYMN, Covid, like, UGH i just feel like between monkey POCKS, covid it's like you don't even want to go, outside you know, ME i don't go. Outside the one TIME i went, OUTSIDE i brought THE vid back to my. Household SO i am brown breaking FROM, covid AND i you, KNOW i was wearing my. Mask but then you just feel, like, oh you, know like you feel bad because people want to take pictures and it's like with the. Man WHATEVER i learned my, Lesson i'm gonna take my, NAP i drink my liquids. Rest but, YEAH i am brown breaking FROM. Covid AND i, MEAN i guess it could be. Worse it could be monkey, pox which woof. Child you KNOW i never even had chicken, pox let alone monkey, pox.
Speaker 2: So oh, Really, oh you're gonna get shingles.
Speaker 3: NOW i said THAT i tried to get chicken pot because my sister's had, it SO i kept touching their chicken pox LIKE i want to get, it AND i never. Did this is back when we were. KIDS i didn't know any. Better so that is my quick brown. BREAK i haven't breaked in a, while But i'm breaking from the from the pox and the end Of.
Speaker 2: Broken she WELL i Read i'm going to DO i don't know if this is a boost or, break but it's a fun. Fact not a fun. FACT i wanted to shout. Out i'll do a brown boost brown boost For CPAs for the accountants Of, AMERICA i didn't realize worrying an accountant shortage right. Now, yeah like there's not enough accountants for All americans who need. Accountants, yeah so they're having a really hard time getting people to go into the. Profession, so like wage increases for accountants are on the rise because of this. Shortage so shout out to the hardworking accountants Of. America shout out to You carlos who Does brown ambitions. Taxes but, yeah that's, that And i'll do another brow a mini brown. Boost i'm finally reading listening To via The davis's, book her Memoir Finding, me And i've been trying to listen to it to, like you, KNOW i like to listen to audiobooks that night to go to. Sleep but her story is just so damn riveting AND i cannot believe the circumstances she had to overcome to get to where she is. Now so if you guys are looking looking for a good. Memoir she reads it. Herself it's SO i love the Audiobook Finding me By Viola. DAVIS i highly, recommend but bring tissues and, yeah it's it's a. LOT i just cannot. Believe like, that, dang that's that's her. Story that's. Wild she came, from LIKE i, mean intense, poverty so many different. STRUGGLES i won't spoil it for, you, guys but highly. Recommend oh that's.
Speaker 1: Good you KNOW i love me a good book. Sees i'm currently now you need AN i.
Speaker 3: Know i'm listening to start With why By Simon sinek AND i just finished a twelve week year BUT i don't even know it's by two. Guys so that was good Because i'm really trying to learn how to execute. Better SO i feel LIKE i execute but very very very sloppy in all over the.
Speaker 1: Place And i'm, like CAN i be more?
Speaker 2: Strategic give yourself some? Credit but, yes we can. All, yeah of course there's always room for. Improvement but you've done really well for, Yourself tiff, YOU i.
Speaker 3: Thanks, you and thank you guys for. Listening despy me not having the same, level But i'll be back next week because covid is not gonna hold me. DOWN i promise.
Speaker 1: You i'm gonna drink this, tea land this, bed and just like.
Speaker 2: Relax look for all the. Remedies drink, onion, water onions in your. Socks all that TikTok stuff that was going.
Speaker 1: Viral some jing, jerry maybe some. Tumeric that's about. ALL i got some. Zinc everyone says take.
Speaker 2: Zinc So i'm, like all, right, yep, yeap please take care of. Yourself we'll see you next. Week, tif get some, rest ba, fam thank you for. Listening we'll see Y'all friday for Ba we'll see You friday FOR. Baqa even Though tiff tried to do it. Twice i'll see Y'all. Friday, hey Ba. Fam we could not do this show without your support or the support of our team behind the. Scenes The Brown emission podcast is produced By Cumulus Podcast. Network it's edited by the Wonderful Emani crosby and produced By Tanya. Bustos Dennis tiplinsky is our in house tech, guru AND i Am Bandy Woodrid santos your co, host AND i will see y'all next.
Speaker 1: Week