Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jerrel Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Pania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome in What's Right with Nick Wright? Episode two twenty eight. A ton to do today? We have two national champions crowned in college sports. The question of is this the year of the repeat champion, the cheat of at least in the men's side of sports. The Chiefs did it, Yu Khon just did it. What does that mean for the Nuggets? What does that mean for whoever the hell won the Stanley Cup Final last year? Nobody knows. You know, those are the types of things, you know, lost to the dustbin of history. I suppose we'll get into all of it, but first, what missed the cut? John Calipari leaves Kentucky for Arkansas, and then when he's asked about it, he says, I can't because I'm walking my dog when he was walking his dog in a stroller down a busy street. Little odd end of an ignominious end for Coach cal at Kentucky. The solar eclipse happened. I gotta say it was pretty cool people at first. Things first, well, I come outside and look, we got the glasses for you. I looked. It was pretty cool. I was like, hey, I'm glad I looked at that. And the Curb Your Enthusiasm series finale happened. I have not seen it yet. No spoilers, please. Curb Your Enthusiasm is a show demands Your mother and I have been watching together since the very beginning of our relationship. It's still going on and so we.
Speaker 3: Have to watch.
Speaker 2: You know. Well, the series finale is and it started before she and I were together. It's had twelve seasons, but they had like a five year hiatus between seasons. Once this is Larry David created Seinfeld, which was the most successful sitcom ever in the nineties. He then created Curb Your Enthusiasm, which I think might be the funniest sitcom ever. It went on for twelve seasons the series finale. But the point is this, I can't watch the series finale of a show I've been watching with your mother for our entire lives without her, but she falls asleep seven minutes into anything we try to watch together. We're trying to watch this damn eight episode show on Netflix called The Gentleman the Guy Ritchie Movie, so we're on Demon's I've been trying to complete episode seven and eight for two weeks. I'm just watching them four minutes at a time. Then I turn over, I turned she's falling asleep. I pause it. I turn on poker, and then she's like, where'd I fall asleep? I'm like, well, three minutes after you fell asleep on the previous one. So I don't know if I'm ever gonna be able to finish it, Curve. I'm gonna give her a week. I'm gonna give her one week to sit down and watch curb with me because I gotta be able to see it. I gotta be able to see it, and I can't have people spoil the ending. Unfair.
Speaker 3: I'll say that Oh, you know what, that's fair point.
Speaker 2: We do have a wedding slash vow renewal happening on Saturday, so that's a good you know what. Touche all right, Toman, say, let's get to the basketball.
Speaker 3: Go right ahead, all right, let's start off with some college hoops.
Speaker 4: The University of South Carolina capped off their undefeated season on Sunday, and you gotten capped off back to back titles with another dominant performance over Purdue. Gonna start off with the men's side. Do you think Yukon is an all time great team?
Speaker 2: So this is tricky because they're the back to back champions. They beat everyone in both tournaments by more than a dozen points. They covered every game, they obviously won every game. Yesterday's game went the way a lot of Yukon games have gone, which is the other team feels like they have a chance for the first half and then Yukon just blitzes them in the second half and runs away with it. On the for Purdue, listen, I said on TV that I was rooting for and I was gonna go ahead and pick the upset, And I said, Zach Edy, I thought could have a thirty eight point double double is what I predicted. He had a thirty seven point double double and they got dominated. So the Edie did his thing. I don't think it was, despite the numbers, his best game, but I thought he played well. Yukon's just two deep and has too much and if you're perdue. I credit to Yukon for the game plan of We're gonna listen if Edie kills us, Edie kills us, we are not gonna double off Edie and leave the shooters open. A Purdue team that I'm gonna check real quick. But I think for the season, shot forty percent from three, uh, and I'll get it right in just a second. From the season, yep shot forty percent from three last night, made one three pointer one of seven from three. You have no chance of competing with or beating Yukon if you are not just lights out from three, and Yukon is so Here's where I struggle with the all time great team. There is so much variance in a single elimination tournament that this is almost never the case. But I feel like you could have run this tournament ten times and Yukon would have won it eight of them. Like that's how dominant of a team they were. That's how great they were. So in that regard versus their contemporary competition, yes, of course they're an all time great team. But in regards to how would this Yukon team stack up against the great teams of yester year college basketball, they would get annihilated. So because college basketball has just changed so much, because guys don't the best players are not there, they don't stay for long enough. You don't have multiple great pros. Even the last back to back national champion in college basketball, Florida. If you look at who they had on and those fifteen years ago, who that Florida team had on its six and seven teams, they had the following guys who were big time NBA players, Joe Kim, Noah, Torrian Green, Corey Brewer, and Al Horford. So you had a four of your starting five as and then they came back the next year, Demonse did it again and they added Maurice Spates off the bench, Chris Richard, who had a cup of coffee in the NBA. But when you've got you know, Horford, Brewer, Noah, and Torrian Green all in your starting five, like that is just a legendary team. You look at Yukon, the Yukon team that won it in ninety nine, let me pull up who was on that team, just to give you some context for it. So the ninety nine Yukon team had Rip Hamilton obviously, Khaleid Elamin and Jake Voshkel who again not great NBA players, but NBA players all over it. The the UNLV team, what UNLV team, what year won it? I don't know if it's ninety two or ninety three.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: But if you look at that UNLV team and you're like, oh, okay, how o's ninety Pardon me, who do they have? They had Stacy Augman, Greg Anthony and Larry Johnson. The Michigan team that didn't win the National Championship, the Jailen like the Fab five team demonse that Michigan team had. Let me tell you who they had. They had Jalen Rose, Juwan Howard, Jimmy King, and Chris Webber on it. So like how it is very difficult and I'm leaving someone out. Who am I leaving out? Uh? Oh? Ray Jackson didn't play in the league.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 2: So it's just very difficult to comp modern college basketball to previous college basketball. They had an unbelievable line Demanse and the U in at the beginning of the game, which was, this is the first national championship game that's a matchup between seven footers since nineteen eighty four. Those seven footers Demonse were or nineteen eighty four? Did I say seventy four? Nineteen eighty four? Those seven footers were Patrick Ewing and a chem Olajuan. Those two guys played each other in a national championship game. And so I'm not taking a thing away from Yukon nothing. And in modern college basketball, it is an all time legendary team. There is no argument about it. It is not a historic team. And now I want to talk about Edie and Purdue because Zach edy this tournament. I have been very skeptical of him as a pro because he's not going to be able to defend on the perimeter modern college basketball and what it demands of you as a big man. But here's what he did in the NCAA Tournament thirty and twenty one, Round one, twenty three and fourteen, Round two, twenty seven and fourteen, Round three, forty and sixteen to get to the final four. Twenty and twelve in the semifinal and then thirty seven and ten in the National Championship Game against a guy in the National Championship Game, a fellow seven footer, guy who's seven to two. If you can get him on a team demands like Miami that has a that has a rim protector who can guard on the perimeter in Bam, and he can had some all he can. You know, Bam can kind of extend the floor of business at the Gray Shoelner World. I understanding that. But and Edie can play down low. I think there's a place for him. And I know some people have said, what about on the Spurs just try to create like the craziest, longest team and Wimby's playing out on the perimeter, he's down low. So I think there's a place for him in the NBA, and I didn't think that before the tournament. I also think this tournament generated one of the worst sports takes of the year by frenemy of the show Draymond Green. When Draymond tweeted last night, job well done thirty five for Yukon. You did your job tonight. It was him that made Edie quit with nineteen minutes to go in the second half, there was a turnover and I saw Edie's body language walking back. He was done. Now rewatched the game from that point on hashtag free game. So for some context there, that number thirty five that Draymond is talking about is Stanley Johnson. Stanley Johnson last night played five minutes and had five fouls in those five minutes because he couldn't contain Edie because he's just not big enough. Ee last night was he played every second of the game until they took guys out at the very very end. He played thirty nine to forty minutes at seven foot four. Were there times he was exhausted, Sure, there were there times in the second half where he seemed a little discouraged, of course because Yukon was running away with it. But the idea that zach Edi quit in that basketball game is so absurd and such fastcyle re, and to me that is motivated reasoning, meaning Draymond was trying to do multiple things there. One, be like, here's the game within the game that you casuals aren't picking up on. Two give credit to a guy whose box score looked like trash to be like that guy actually had as much impact as the guy who had thirty seven and ten. Now you tell me who that type of player that like that credit would extrapolate to amongst other players, And you can see why. Maybe it was Draymond's take. I thought Edie should hang his head, should not hang his head at all, and it be very proud of how he played in this game and in this tournament. Now to the women's side and things demands said.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so the women's side, Caitlin Clark ends her college career with a strong case for the goat. Despite not winning a ring, she did carry a team of nobody's back to back to championships, or not to championships, but far.
Speaker 2: Into the championship game. Yeah, to the to the final in both games.
Speaker 4: That's got to sound pretty familiar to you with Lebron and Patrick Mahomes. Is that the reason why you like her so much?
Speaker 2: Well, I think that it's a Lebron question, which is like the seven or the eighteen Cavs, you lose in the finals, but you carry a team there. And I it's not why I like her so much, but I do think it is a unique way to look at like it just does Caitlin Clark have to have won a title in order to be the greatest woman's player of all time. So here's the comp I will give that the most decorated women's basketball player of all time is Brianna Stewart. Brianna Stewart played four years at Yukon. They won four NASH Championships. She won Player of the Year three times her final three years there, demanse they were one hundred and sixteen and one. All right, so how can anyone trump that? And the answer is on a base level, you can't. But then I give you this piece of information. The year after Brianna Stewart left Yukon, they went into the final four thirty six and oh lost by two points in overtime in the final four to finish the year thirty six and one without her. The year after that, they went into the final four thirty six and oh lost by four points in overtime in the final four to finish the year thirty six and one. So they were one hundred and sixteen and one in her final three years. They were seventy two and two in the next two years without her, and both of those losses were by a combined six points in overtime in the Final four, Which is not to say Brianna Stewart is not arguably the goat, but the context of the overwhelming Juggernauts juggernaut that that Yukon team had turned into. Right, and So I watched the women's national championship game and I asked myself this question, is there a single player on IOWA other than Caitlin Clark that would get a single minute of playing time for South Carolina. My answer to that question is no. South Carolina went nine deep, and if you were to stack up the ten best players in that you know on those two teams would be Caitlyn Clerk one and two through ten would be South Carolina game Cocks. You then add, there is then also this element of that I so last, so South Carolina and its last eighty one games has won or eighty two games, maybe eighty. I think it's eighty one games is eighty and one, right, with two national championships. The one loss is to Caitlin Clark and Iowa in the final four last year, when Caitlin dropped forty in a weird way, demonse, I think her beating South Carolina hurt her in the goat discussion because had she lost that game and then lost to them in the National Championship as opposed to beating them and then losing to LSU, I think people would be like, well, South Carolina is on an eighty two game winning streak, they've won three straight titles. No one was beating them. They're an overwhelming juggernaut. But because she here's kind of their invincibility and then lost in the next round, it damn it. I think some people will use that against her. Now, there is a give and take in everything. If she were on a better team, Demase, she probably wouldn't have the stats and the records that she has now if it was a more well rounded team. And so because of that, to me, and because there is no obvious, clearcut, undoubted goat of women's college basketball like there is in men's college basketball, with it being Luel Sender than Kareem I, because Cheryl Miller has obviously a super strong argument Tarazi is the best player I had ever seen before. Caitlyn Shamik will holds claw in the nineties, Brianna Stewart, all those people are Maya Moore, They're all in the room and Caitlin's in that room. I do ask this question in my lifetime, have I ever seen a women's college basketball player better than Caitlin Clark? And they answer that question is no, She's the best I've ever seen. And does that make her the goat? That's an argument for others to have. Now on the South Carolina side of things, do you want to say something demon say or can I go to South Carolina? No?
Speaker 3: No, you can go to South Carolina.
Speaker 4: I think it's I think it's a tricky debate. But uh but yeah, I don't you got it, you got.
Speaker 2: The the I mean, I think she's a I think dismissing. I think in pro sports, if you've never won a championship, I think it's disqualifying because you you have fifteen to twenty years to do it. In college sports, when you have four years and the teams can be so lopsided, I don't think it's disqualifying. Now to South Carolina, shout out to Don Staley man. Don Staley got there on O nine they were ten and eighteen or first year, won the first AT one or first SEC title. Five years later the year after that, made the final four in twenty fifteen, twenty seventeen, won our first championship. Twenty twenty was thirty two to one, and the pandemic hits probably robbed her of a championship. In twenty twenty two, won the title. In twenty twenty three, was undefeated going into the final four, lost a heartbreaker to Caitlin Clark. And in twenty twenty four undefeated, ran the table, unbelievable run, unbelievable depth, not one like last year when she had a Leah Boston the number one pick of the WNBA draft, not one, just like superstar player, head and shoulders above everybody else and found a way to do it. And I am, I am really really impressed by what she was able to do and by that team, and I do won. If there is going to be how much how many programs on the men's side of things are going to try to poach her, I think Kentucky should call her with coach kyl Leaving. I think she absolutely can coach basketball, men's or women's. And I think Kentucky should have a real conversation about whether or not they want to try to Bowler over with unbelievable money, which they could do, or she could stay at South Carolina. And as we've seen in the past, like you can go on a run in women's college basketball kind of unlike any other sport, like the Lady Valls, And it was the Lady Vall era when I was a kid. Then it was the Yukon Women's era, and then it was now it's South Carolina era. But the Lady Vols Demons, they won the title in eighty seven, eighty nine, ninety one, ninety six, ninety seven, ninety eight, and were the runner up in ninety five, two thousand oh three oh four, okay, and then by the way, they won two more and oh seven oh eight. Then Yukon took over in basically two thousand and Yukon won the title in two thousand two, three four o nine, twenty ten, twenty thirteen, twenty fourteen, twenty fifteen, twenty sixteen. That was Yukon's run, and now South Carolina seventeen. I would con nobody won the title in twenty They would have twenty two twenty four and were undefeated going into the fire four and twenty three. They can keep this thing rolling as long as Don Staley stays there, all right, let's move on next.
Speaker 4: So Dallas has won ten of their last eleven games. Seems like they're peaking at the right time, and it seems like they also ended Houston's season on Sunday on the back of Kyrie's forty eight points in double overtime. Kyrie and Lucas are proven to be the best one to two punch or one of the best one two punches in the NBA. Where would you rank them in the one two punches going into the playoffs?
Speaker 2: Listen, they're as dangerous as anybody, and whoever gets the one seed in the West is has reason to be scared of them. And that's not necessarily why you laughing, You think that's a Denver thing.
Speaker 4: No, No, I think I'm saying that's no, No, that's that's definitely that's fair. But I mean, I think if if Luca is seeing Denver in the first in the first round, in the second round.
Speaker 2: Because well, here's what I'm saying right now, we don't know who's gonna be the one seed in the West, because Minnesota and Denver are tiede in Oklahoma City is a game behind, all right, Dallas is going to be the four, the five seed and they're going to play the Clippers in round one, and Dallas is gonna rock the Clippers in round one. Okay, whoever is the one? I don't think you want to play Dallas right now. Luca is a legendary playoff performer. Already, everyone gives me a hard time about it, uh, but it's just the facts, Luca is. His career playoff numbers are as follows. Year one against the best Clippers team that ever existed, the Bubble Clippers team, his first playoffs ever, he has he averages thirty one, ten to nine. Year two in the playoffs against that same Clippers team, he averages thirty six, eight and ten. Again, those are two series with Kawhi and Paul George guarding him on basically every possession. Year three, going through Utah and then Phoenix and then losing to Golden State, he averages thirty two, ten and six. So for his career in the playoffs he's thirty three, nine and eight. He is a legend in the postseason. Kyrie, who obviously I've been critical of over the last few years, is having one of the best seasons of his career. Is doing everything we all have always asked of him keeping the nonsense to the side, being mostly available. He and Lucas chemistry is off the charts and just a dynamic, dynamic offense of force right now. This year, you're getting all of the good of Kyrie with none of the bad. He's twenty six percent or twenty six percent, twenty six five and five for the year on fifty forty one. Wow, he's all He's this close to a fifty to forty ninety season. He's forty nine point six for the year, So he's gonna just barely miss out on a fifty forty ninety year. And Dallas is super dangerous man. And for if you are Denver, Liz, Denver is the overwhelming favorite for a reason, and the one seed could be decided tomorrow night when you have Nuggets TEA Wolves in Denver. If Jamal Murray is not at one hundred percent, Denver can get gott in this postseason. With Jamal Murray, I don't know who's beating him. Yeah, I mean he's back now, but if he is, and I think they're being very cautious with in which they should be. But Dallas is a dangerous, dangerous team. And if if the Lakers, and we'll get to the Lakers in a minute. Can somehow move up to the seven line. My ideal bracket at this point is as follows. Denver one, OKC two, Minnesota three, Dallas Clippers four or five who cares five four four, five, doesn't matter my ideal realistic bracket, I should say Phoenix six, Pelicans slash Kings whomever, seven, Lakers eight, the other one whatever. The Lakers end up with OKC in round one, knock them off. The MAVs end up with Denver in round two. The MAVs beat Denver for the Lakers who can't beat Denver, and then we get a Luca Lebron Western Conference Finals. If the Lakers can get there. It's not a likely dream, but the dream is alive. The dream is alive of a Luca Lebron Western Conference Finals. Kyrie against Lebron, a the whole thing, ad playing some of the best basketball of his career. If you can stop getting hit in the face. That's Ron pulling for all right next.
Speaker 4: All right, So the Bucks have been on a terrible slide, terrible slide lately, losing to the Wizards, Grizzlies, and the Raptors. Most recently they made it four straight losing to the Knicks. So they're about to play my Celtics tonight, actually, and do you think this is a must win to boost morale and get back on track or is this a.
Speaker 2: So listen the Bucks. There is no defending how the Bucks have been playing what Doc's been saying. They look like as I understand, they haven't had Giannis and Dame for all these games. Where they did have them both for the Knicks game they got beat soundly. Anyway, at this point, I'm going full on Galaxy Brain on the Bucks, which is they want to drop out of the two seed. They want to be the three because they want to duck Philly in round one. That's a good Galaxy Brain. Appreciate that, guys. Philly. Right now it looks like it's going to be in the play in and going to win that first play in game and be the seven. Philly looks devastating right now. They just wont a great game without Maxie a great comeback. They embiids playing great, and so I think I think Milwaukee wants to fall to the three line. Get Indiana or the absolutely collapsing Calves in round one, regroup, and then see what's what in round two, playing either uh or playing probably Philadelphia in round two after Philadelphia has clipped the magic. That's what I'm rooting for. The Bucks were my pick to win the championship. It is not looking good. I can't even really justify it right now. I'm just gonna believe that Giannis is gonna play better and that Doc's gonna coach better. But right now it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Do's gonna coach better.
Speaker 4: It's Lebron, Lebron versus Steph part of millions coming up tonight. The Lakers are rolling in a Winko helped them win climb into the seven to eight playing game. But if they do stay in the nine seat, Lebron has a chance to beat Steph in an elimination game. Are you secretly hoping for that so you can add another line to your coat's legacy?
Speaker 2: No, listen, here's the deal. The Lakers need to move up a line. And the loss to the Timberwolves killed them, and despite it's their only loss in like a couple of weeks, but it still was just devastating and it says sucked like Lebron was out for the game because he wasn't he was sick. They were up after the first quarter, Ad gets hit in the face and they just get rolled. So here is the scenario for the Lakers to move up one line. They need to win out, all right, there's three games left. They have to beat the Warriors. Tough game, but it's in La Lakers and great in Los Angeles at the Grizzlies, no problem, and then at the Pelicans in the final game of the year, which could be almost like a playoff game. If you assume the Lakers win out, they then move up if any of the following happens. Okay, if the Kings lose twice, the King's schedule is at the Thunder, home for the Pelicans, home for the Suns, home for the Blazers, or if the Pelicans lose twice, but keep in mind, one of those losses is baked in to this scenario because the Lakers would be playing them. The Pelicans are at the Kings, at the Warriors, and then home for the Lakers. And the Pelicans, by the way, have been in a bit of a free fall. They steadied themselves with a win against the Suns, or if the Suns lose twice. The Suns have home for the Clippers, at the Clippers, at the Kings, at the Timberwolves. So if the Lakers win out, I think they move up to your point on would it be a bit of a silver lining if they don't that Lebron beat Stephan the play in once a couple years later, eliminated him in round two last year, and then could beat him in the nine ten playing game. Sure, but not enough of a silver lining because you can't be in the nine to ten part of it because then you gotta win. Then you gotta win a road game, and then you start on the road obviously in a best of seven. If you get through those two games against the one seed that's been resting for a week, so the Lakers need to go three. If the Lakers go three to zero, I think one of those scenarios is gonna happen because those teams above them play each other enough that one of them's gonna get a couple losses, and so that's the scenario for the Lakers. I believe it's going to I believe the Lakers are going to on the final day of the season beat the Pelicans to move up to the seven eight game. I believe that's gonna happen. They're gonna finish the year forty eight and thirty four potentially tied with New Orleans, and that they would have the tiebreaker with New Orleans. That's the scenario that I am looking for. But it's so weird because right now now the Lakers could absolutely finish. There are let me check basketball references, playoff odds. The right now, the Lakers have a three percent chance to be the sixth seed, a nine percent chance to be this isn't for you know, pre playing the seven, a seventeen percent chance to be the eight, a forty one percent chance to be the nine, and a thirty percent chance to be the ten. And that is basically they lose tonight and they're cooked on that front probably. So we have three games left and six through ten are all in play for them, and that is the same by the way, for the Warriors are basically locked into either nine or ten, but the Kings can be anywhere from six through ten, the Suns can be anywhere from six through nine, and the Pelicans can be anywhere from six through eight. Realistically maybe six through nine as well. It's just a wild how close. It is at the end of the season here, all right, take a quick break, come back and do Demonse's favorite segment of the year. That's next, What's right? All right? Welcome back in What's Right with Nick? Right before we get to this or that time? Now, Demonse, you know what time year it is. Do you hear the birds chirping? Do you hear the soothing tones of Jim Nance's voice. Can you taste the pimento in your mouth? Slightly? Oh? Yeah, the azaleas blooming. It's time for our masss corner, go right ahead.
Speaker 4: Oh gosh. The Masters is underway in Augusta and Scottie Schefter Scheffler is the favorite.
Speaker 3: Break it down while I watch some grass grow.
Speaker 2: Oh buddy. So here's the thing. So this is a big weekend, right because my wife and I April thirteenth is our anniversary and we're renewing our vows, which is actually a full blown wedding one hundred and fifty people, a full blown ceremony. The Great Mayor of Kansas City is doing it for me. Is he's the officiant is if you got bride'smaids groomsman Demonsey's getting fitted for a tucks a full thing, and I try to be you know, I got a lot of balls in the air that I gotta you know, keep keep a lot of people happy at different times. And I feel honestly terribly about scheduling a major event, asking people to travel, potentially asking people to be on an airplane Sunday afternoon flying home for the during the final round of the Masters. However, April thirteenth is my literal anniversary, and it falls on a Saturday, so there was no real wiggle room about doing it a week later. Like if April thirteenth had fallen on a Tuesday, then it's like, oh, we're not gonna be able to do it on the day either way. So I've got some good news for you, buddy, because Sat, you know, you are co best man along with friend of the Pod Danny Parkins. Saturday morning, while the ladies are getting ready and getting dressed and doing all that, and we have some extra time, we're all, you know what our Saturday morning wedding activity is. We're watching the Masters. Oh, it's gonna be great. It's gonna be great. And the ceremony, listen, we're gonna have We're gonna miss obviously. Uh, you know the end of day three because we will beat, the ceremony will be going on, and then Sunday open schedules for everyone. Danielle's like, do you want to play anything? I'm like, nah, give people their own day, Like we don't have to have any post wedding stuff, you know why, Oh my goodness, gracious Sunday at Augusta. And so that's you and me locked in for it, and you have no choice because this is a family weekend. It's a me and your mom weekend, and so you are on my side of things. So you're gonna be locked right in there with me, and I'm I got a prediction you're gonna be hooked after this weekend because the other thing that's gonna be happened Saturday morning. We're gonna be putting in some bets, my friend. We're gonna be and golf gambling, Oh my goodness, because it's all there are, all of it, demands ay, all of it's gonna feel like sixteen parlay because there's so many golfers. You get great odds on everything. So my big pre masters bet Margaton now Xander Showfley twenty to one to win the Masters. He has the profile of a guy that absolutely can win this tournament. His game FIXX fits Augusta National perfectly. He finished second five years ago. He's one of the best active golfers without a major. He's got a top three at the Masters, at the Open and the US Open. And I understand everybody's gonna be on Scotty Scheffler, and Scotty Scheffler is the rightful favorite. You what are you looking at? What is Oh? You're literally watching grassgrow? This is this is unbelievable, unbelievably in soul thing what you're doing. This is one of the greatest sporting events of the year. Pal the Augusta National. I can't wait. And Friday, Oh boy, Oh we're gonna be together Friday too. Friday, we're gonna be able to watch. Oh my goodness, gracious, this is and Tiger trying to break the record for cuts made. Oh you know what I did yesterday? Yesterday I took This is what we call I think this is what people your age call Celf.
Speaker 3: Time would keep coming back, dude, how old is he?
Speaker 2: He comes back for the Masters. But I think this is what people your age call self. Carod him. I say, yesterday, I carved out about thirty minutes of my day to watch a cut up of one of the greatest back nines in golf history, Jack at the eighty six Masters in his mid forties, going eagle birdie birdie on fifteen sixteen seventeen to shockingly win his final major. A legendary performance. Could we see something like that from Tiger this time? Probably not Tiger if you want to bet on him, by the way, he's a nice tidy one hundred and twenty to one. But we're gonna put our money on Xander and we're gonna go with the x Man to win the Masters. Let's go so excited, lock it in and out of respect to the Master's Tournament executive decision right now, my guy Jake here at Trenton is gonna be happy. The Blue Dog folks are gonna be happy. Demonsday's gonna be happy. Out of respect to the Master's Tournament, we're canceling Thursday's pod. Yeah, you can't be watching me when you can watch the opening rounds on the Masters app. Create your own foursome watch every shot. Oh my goodness, best app in sports, by the way. Demons download it now. It's it's useful four days a year. Best app in sports, every single shot, the moment it comes in, right to your phone, crystal clear four K. It's free. There's no ads. I don't know how they do it. All right, let's play this or that?
Speaker 3: All right, guys?
Speaker 4: What the death that? I was just gonna say, I have nothing. I feel like you suck at Golden Tea. Like kick your button, Golden Tea.
Speaker 3: This all right, golf, no problem.
Speaker 2: We're gonna be in Kansas City, grand Flute on the plaza where I where I made my bones in Golden Tea. I will whoop your ass in Golden Tea. We will put real money on it. I'm not a Golden Tea pro like some of those guys where you have your own golfer and like you're competing with other Golden te pros. But me versus an amateur, me versus someone that doesn't.
Speaker 4: Understand the much You have no idea how much Golden Tea I played when I lived in Kansas City and was building fences every day.
Speaker 3: You have no idea.
Speaker 2: But you know what, that's a good point. And I bet some of those fence builders are big time Golden Tea guys.
Speaker 3: I bet you serious on the top of the.
Speaker 2: And all of a sudden it's like, wait, why where did this character come from? Why does he have a rainbow hat on and wearing knickers? Or like he's from Scotland and he's just banging. Yeah, no, I know those guys. Those guys are great. Give me a picture of corps light in about ninety.
Speaker 3: Minutes exactly the machine God.
Speaker 2: That is a dream. I gotta tell you. There is like an alternate life that I wonder, Like what if I had just been like a mailman and I just have my nine hour job and then after work I hit up my local bar. I just crush it darts, Golden tea, billiards. No, after work, I'm not going on nice vacations. I'm not eating great meals, but I'm just living that part of me that might be retirement for me. Retirement for me might get it. Go be tea. Oh a golden team, go, I don't want golden Yeah, a golden team. We have a pac Man and we have big Buck Hunter. Big Buck Hunter. I used to be top one percent in the world at the Grand Faloon in Kansas City with my roommate Garrett, when I was living that life you were living when you were selling fences. This was when your mom and I met each other, when she first came over to the apartment that I lived in with Garrett, and she told me, if we're going to continue this relationship, you have to move. This is the most disgusting place I've ever been in my life. And I promptly moved. We would go to the Grand Faloon on the Plaza and just wreck shop in big buck Hunter. Oh my goodness, gracious, those are the days your early twenties. Guys. It's just you know, to try to keep the popped Achilles to under one and a half. But aside from that, you really can't do wrong. What a life. Oh, I'd trade it all, demonse back, relive it all right, let's play this or that yo.
Speaker 4: The seventy six Ers and Spurs went to double overtime Sunday. Wimby did Wimby stuff, dropping thirty eight eighteen seven has seven blocks in five threes.
Speaker 3: Geez uh.
Speaker 4: Maxi on the other side, dropped a career high fifty two in the win. The more impressive performance was Wimby or Maxi.
Speaker 2: Uh, that's a tie. Maxi's played fifty two minutes and was just never tired and just could get to the rim at will when Maxie's rolling. He is such a fascinating player because he just seems faster than everyone. He is. He doesn't seem like the greatest athlete. This seems faster than everyone. And I might have been a little too low on Wimby. He's pretty impressive. He's pretty impressive. I mean, I is he already one of the twenty best players in the league. Yeah? Probably? Uh, and so that is really that number.
Speaker 4: I was eighty six percent, Like I was saying, he's got more bucks than eighty six percent of the league. You were like, that's probably skewed because you know all the players on the bench. I'm pretty sure that number is gone up, and I think the number, like of of all time NBA players is also going up, Like it's probably going eighty two, eighty six, eighty eighty seven. I mean, he's getting three four blocks a game. I don't know what his averages, but hey man, it's it's usual. But did you go to the catch did you did you see his logo? What do you think of it?
Speaker 2: I did see? Is that confirmed. Is that? Oh, that's Nike's actual tweet. Okay, that's a dope logo. I gotta say that is a dope logo. And I like the Nike's smart man, not your hot take. Nike's marketing department a plus. All right. Next, actually, it's not the stupid Matt Ford trying to get us talk about a fel professional.
Speaker 4: That's not So many people saw this coming before the season, but the Orlando Magic are currently sitting in the three seed. Something else no one saw coming. The once mighty Warriors celebrating the ten seed yikes, Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's embarrassing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you see the picture up there on YouTube. The more shocking thing is Magic being the three seed or the Warriors celebrating a play in birth.
Speaker 2: Uh, it's Orlando being the three with a real chance because they play Milwaukee twice in the final week of being the two seed is more shocking. The Warriors celebrating the ten seeds just sad and just like Draymond being like, oh, we showed you, Tari Eason, we ended your season. Bro, you're a dynasty. You're like, give me a break. All right.
Speaker 4: Next, it's talking like the Rockets reports are that Michael Parsons has worn thin in Dallas and that people in the organization will be smiling or breathing a sigh of relief if Parsons was gone. Meanwhile, Dak's future is very much in question. Who's out first, Parsons or Deck smiling of Michael left the building.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I mean, whoever said this is just so out of their mind. Guys, you have a twenty four year old superstar. Do you know what your job is? If you have a twenty something year old multi millionaire who is one of the best in the world at what he does, manage him. That's the job that, as Don Draper would say, that's what the money's for. The idea that, oh, Mike is a pain in the ass and that's what you're paid for, is to mitigate that, like, shut up, he's.
Speaker 3: Going to.
Speaker 2: Exactly That's what I'm saying. It'd be one thing if it's like the guys out here getting arrested doing he's not doing what his podcast annoys.
Speaker 3: You give me a break.
Speaker 2: I mean, so it's such an outrageous thing. Mike is going to be their long Dak. This could be DA's last year. So the answer to that question is dak. I want to skip the Bronni question because that's too long form, Like there's a lot of layers to the Bronni stuff that we can discuss. H. I don't want to give it the short, short shrift here, So let's skip the Bronni question and go to the NBA the full NBA question.
Speaker 4: All right, After a night off of the NBA, either because of the National Championship or the Eclipse, I'm not quite sure, NBA Basketball Retire returns in full force with fourteen games tonight. Fourteen NBA games and one night is too much or too little or not enough?
Speaker 2: Sorry, well it's obviously too much. But they the end, while the NFL is just out here elbowing the NBA off corners it previously had, like Hey, we're Christmas Day, Nope, it's ours now. Hey we're m okay they Nope, it'z ours now, the NBA stays its gracious self and it's like, we're not we're gonna keep the tradition of not having pro basketball on the night of the National Championship game. We're just not gonna do it. And because of that, that then makes tonight a super pack slate. All right, quick break right back with your questions and our answers. What's right? All right, welcome back in. We'll drive with Nick. Right, demons, Let's get to these questions.
Speaker 4: Mac Prost asked, Nick, have you ever been to the Masters?
Speaker 3: What do you think about the course?
Speaker 2: I've never been to the Masters. If anyone who has it, you know what this is one of those things. If there is a total stranger listening that is a fan of the show and wants to invite me next year, I will go. I don't need to know you. I'm not like we can we can become very good friends. If anyone wants to invite me to go to the Masters next year, I obviously will pay my own way for everything. But if anyone has has access to Saturday Sunday at Augusta and would like to invite me for a day or two, I'm in. I've never been. At some point, all go at some point. Maybe I'll have enough juice to where I can get the the dockets, the ducats myself. I don't have that yet, So if anyone out there wants to invite me, I'll.
Speaker 3: Go next Justin Rempi asked Nick.
Speaker 2: Don't don't. Don't, don't, don't don't ask that question.
Speaker 4: Don't ask Gerald, Ryan Fitzgerald. Question for Nick, more impressive recent dominant chiefs or Yukon men's basketball?
Speaker 2: Well, Youugon's definitely been more dominant. You guns won every tournament game by a dozen points. They've covered every spread. You Gon's been more dominant against their competition. You gun has been the most Yukon men's basketball in South Carolina women's basketball the last couple of years, been the most dominant horses in sports across the board. Uh, let's go to Clark.
Speaker 3: Clark Briz asked.
Speaker 4: Nebrez asked Nick, if the trade someone in the offseason, who among their two guards should it be.
Speaker 2: I think they're gonna trade Tree Young. I think Trey Young is the guy they're gonna trade, maybe to the Lakers. I don't know, but I think I think that's who they're gonna That's who they're gonna trade trade.
Speaker 4: All right, Next, Derek Brooks said, question for Nick, what do you think about the nd season tournament winner that finished seventh or ten getting the sixth seed? This would get them out of the play in as an incentive.
Speaker 2: The problem I had, like I've heard some people are like, if you win the nd season tournament, you're automatically in the playoffs. The problem with that is then it would potentially lead to a team, you know, just coasting or resting guys for a month leading up to the playoffs, and so that's not uh the right answer. I do think you could do more than just a financial incentive, but I don't think you can give an automatic playoff birth all right, good show off on Thursday and celebration of the Masters. Demonse. Can't wait to see you in Kansas City. I'll see you guys on What's Right next week. I'm on with Colin in ninety minutes. I have our show at three o'clock Eastern. See you guys there, What's Right? Hey, thanks for watching. If you're still here, do me a favor. Hit the subscribe button, then hit the bell so you can be notified when we have new episodes. After you've done that one more favor, go to your favorite audio platform of choice and subscribe there as well. Don't forget We're live every Tuesday and Thursday ten thirty am Eastern Ish ten thirty five, ten forty. It sometimes changes, but that's why you hit the bell. You hit the bell so you're notified. You subscribe so we can get to two hundred thousand followers. We're right around one hundred and fifty thousand. We'd love to get to two hundred thousand. Get demands another plaque, so like, subscribe rate, send a rating to do all that cool stuff. Thanks guys,