Speaker 1: Hello and welcome awaken. Jake Tierless season rolls on. We are with Jolly Olive, BBD is here and we are going to second base honking some boobs. Um that'll be deleted. It probably won't, though, subscribe thanks to all the teenage boys watching this. Second base always an interesting position. There's a lot of defensive guys that that's what they do. Uh. The top of the list. I think we might have our our first true s tier of the year. Uh. And we might be doing this one a little differently. We might be going a little bottoms up because it gets it gets funky in the top top middle area. Speaking of funky in the top middle area, second base, Jolly Olive, who are you?
Speaker 2: Second base was my position m.
Speaker 1: In league You, Jack Doyle and BBD.
Speaker 2: Supposed to throw it. Jake, So glad you asked me how I'm doing. I'm doing great? Uh not actually though I had I had a really weird launch and I just totally threw off my dad. It's just an absolute mess of a Chipotle bowl. And it's really making me want to talk about the mess that is the second base position in MLB right now, because it's like one guy at the top, and then two through twenty could be anybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's there's a couple guys that can actually compete for the top, and there's like a lot of categories. There's the young guys that we've heard promise and hope for that. We'll we'll find out a lot this year. But second base, I would also love to see the evolution over the past decade or so, because remember when shifts were happening and it's like we've signed Mike mustak Is to play second base and everyone's like timeout, that's illegal in the you can't do that. Can you do that? Yeah? I feel like second base is briefly looking over this list, it's getting back to second base a little bit. Make make some plays, have a contact bat. There's a chunk of the middle that's that jolly. Why don't you tee up the top of the tier list?
Speaker 2: Look at that, the top of the tier list, and you listening at home, you're smart, you're handsome, you know who this is? Or pretty? It's Katel Marte. Yeah, we're talking about a guy that probably could have had a shot to win NLMVP had he not missed time on the injured list last year. He did miss twenty five games, but in one hundred and thirty six games could tell Marte had a one to fifty five OPS plus nine two ops, thirty six home runs as your switch hitting second basement for the Arizona Diamondbacks, easily the best position player on their team and a team stacked full of great position players. Last year, Christian Walker's on that team, Corbyn Carrol Katel, Marte led the way. I really did think that we saw the peak of Marte in that twenty nineteen season where he hit thirty homers. Everyone was kind of having a nice year that year. Who knows why, juicy balls. He signed that extension heck and base had a kind of a tough next year and then has fully remounted, and it made that contract look maybe like one of the best in all of baseball right now. Sixteen MILLI year for Caateel Marte, which I think is more than fair. And he just he brings all dimensions to the play a man. He hits for power, hits for contact, has a spectacular glove out there, has the play discipline three seventy two on base last year. He is easily the most well runted second baseman we have here entering his age thirty one season. I still think we're going to get a few more really elite seasons out of Caatel Marte. And there's no one on his level right now.
Speaker 1: You mentioned it third in the MVP last year to Shohey, who went just a reminder fifty four to fifty nine. Snore put him at second base. I don't know, Come on, Dodgers left field. He can throw Flinder Francisco lindur Id have to google who that is. But uh, he finished second. But he played one hundred and fifty two games and then basically the same war that Marte went nuts. He's a reason the Dinebacks had like the best offense last year. Pretty wild, and yeah, I mean the Dimbacks moved him around for years, shortstop, second center. That now it's I think it's just hey, you play second base, you hit a lot, and we like that. One of the best contracts in baseball. I think I wish there was like a video you could watch on.
Speaker 2: That, something to write down on my sticky note.
Speaker 1: Maybe God, sixteen mil, sixteen mil, fourteen mil team option. The next year it goes down and it's a team option, Like that's really good. Bet that's how the d Backs do business.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Was also amazing in the playoffs. Yes, half matters, half doesn't matter, matters matters. Mind on that out than anything. I just think that that nine thirty two ops. Now that Josel Tuve has moved to left field and got a little older, there's not a lot of guys on the list that can dream on that, never mind have done it.
Speaker 2: And it's above average as well if you're into the right thing, really fun baseball savant page. It's all red.
Speaker 1: All of it's red, nasty nuts.
Speaker 2: So that was easy.
Speaker 1: Good for us, that's easy. It's a one man party. It's a Marty party.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's a Marty party. I'm rerunning the two let's marte parte.
Speaker 1: We're gonna do something a little different. We're gonna go to the bottom. Oh gold uh and chew through some of the fat. Uh. I labeled to go tease because all these guys had facial hair that most of them were goatee's. There was one beard that kind of broke the mold.
Speaker 2: There is a salt patch.
Speaker 1: Nolan Gorman. You were saying mean things about.
Speaker 2: I was saying mean things. But he had a tough fear I had. I had pretty high expectations for Nolan Gorman to kind of become like the best position player on the Cardinals last year.
Speaker 1: I've got him on the bounce back list.
Speaker 2: In twenty three, eight oh five ops two War and it looked like it was building in the right direction. Also kind of just like, I don't know, has the build of a corner infielder, not really middle infielder.
Speaker 1: Remember, Wow, you're gonna build him like that, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Seems like a strong dude. Last year wasn't good thought shame tons of strikeouts, not a lot of on base point three. War got demoted in the middle of the year. Yeah, that's the first round pick. Like, there's decent expectations for him and Jordan Walker and some other guys over at the Cardinals unit. Von Herrera.
Speaker 1: I know it's been discussed a lot, but some of the guys they've held and let go I know, very interesting.
Speaker 2: John Moseleak last year.
Speaker 1: Also, Dylan Carlson just a major league contract with the Orioles this year major league. Yes, it's interesting.
Speaker 2: That's one of the guys that get Yeah, because they traded Bater and kept Carls we're getting sidetracked. Gorman's bottom tier for me? How about you?
Speaker 1: Who were the other tyro Estrada?
Speaker 2: I know you love him.
Speaker 1: I love him, the Young Prince. He's in Colorado. Don't sleep on it. A fantasy guy.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, maybe, just like he's kind of a dog twenty twenty out of nowhere. He could be the funniest twenty twenty season of twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: It's kind of a dog. Brenton Doyle did that last year. May I hope the Young Prince is a nice trade deadline ad for a team. Uh? Oh, I'd like the who else was on our Oh? Brendan Rodgers threw this off a little bit.
Speaker 2: But he does deserve to be there, right, He deserves to be there because if you get cut from the Rockies, it's kind of like, well, you have to go in the bottom tier. But I will say, I'm envisioning him in an Astro's uniform and I'm liking it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean I think he's going to be a lefty specialist to start. Probably, this is.
Speaker 2: A delicate bottom tier. It's not bad. No, you take any these guys, honestly, No.
Speaker 3: I mean, I for the most part, they are like worth the gamble.
Speaker 2: Those of these guys were negative war either, like they're all a replacement level.
Speaker 1: Was Josh Rojas also at the bottom.
Speaker 2: He has a white Sox uniform on, so I feel like he kind of has to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's tough. Yeah, I think it's fair. He uh. He had some moments for the Mariners and then that ended kind of quickly that only twenty two.
Speaker 2: Josh Ross was kind of nice.
Speaker 1: There was a while where you could butter knife his stats that he was basically a league average hitter, which was just like, okay, and he's got the glove. I know that I can do. I can do that. He can play every position and hit league average. Things fell off a little bit there. I think that's the end of the goate list for now. And yeah, per usual.
Speaker 3: Only not what I have on Brendan Rodgers is his defensive profile is so weird. It's wonderar of like the best DRS number ever and the rest is like straight.
Speaker 2: Up bad glove. Right, he win one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he had like I think like legitimately he had like twenty two drs. It's an insane number.
Speaker 2: That's the thing with this bottom tier all of them are kind of good at something like these guys.
Speaker 1: If these guys are your nine hitter, you have a good team.
Speaker 2: I'm perfectly fine with that.
Speaker 1: If these guys are your two hitter, which Rojas, I think, Tyro and Gorman.
Speaker 2: Tyro's middle of the lineup in the Rockies, I think, which is funny.
Speaker 1: But watch out. Tyro's probably a fantasy guy. Havn't dove in fantasy. I accidentally ripped didn't rip them. But earlier this week I was in an article that had a lot of fans. It ended with fantasy notes, and I was just like, WHOA.
Speaker 2: The bat protecting Chris Bryant this year on the Rockies is Tyros Roda. I'm ready bring it on.
Speaker 1: Chris Bryant get hit with like his first pitch in batting practice this.
Speaker 2: Year, his bat speeds up. Okay, it's been going steadily up. Hang on, buy some stock see Winger.
Speaker 1: Let's go to the toddler tier because there are some babies. There's some babies, and I think is the baby of all babies on this list, Jackson Holiday's holidays in toddler two, which hopefully we're talking about him flying up this list.
Speaker 2: This should be the biggest riser.
Speaker 1: Holy smokes, he was bad. Yeah, I remember Foolish Bailey gave me a pretty do you know him online videos?
Speaker 2: Fool Baseball his first name is Foolish. Didn't respond to my comment on this most recent video.
Speaker 1: So we got bof Oh it's real, uh five sixty five ops? Oh no, Yeah, and there was he he had some stats. I was like, there's guys struggle. This was significant.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: For me, struggle is struggle is struggle at a certain point, Like and he was twenty.
Speaker 2: He was twenty, which is why I'm not I'm not putting too much in the money.
Speaker 1: He's going on thirteen. Yeah, his cheeks were rosy, they still are.
Speaker 2: What was that he can't grow beard?
Speaker 1: He saw I saw the Vidict camp. He looked more like a holiday boy. He'd beefed.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's just with all these guys that kind of don't spend enough time at Triple A. I kind of always take it with a grain of salt, because like, you need that seasoning ian. If you are the number one prospect in baseball, it is so rare to just come up and be great because if you don't. Here's my thing, philosophical jolly for a second. If you don't face adversity in the minor leagues and then you face adversity at the major leagues, then you probably don't know how to deal with it because you haven't faced adversity as a baseball player. So I think he needed he needed that, he needed like the little like wake up call, and I think he's gonna come back and be great.
Speaker 1: I like that, thanks. I like that he starts off the toddler tier. Who joins him? I got Juan Brito here, Juan Brido, let me know, I think it's Brito. Uh.
Speaker 2: This guy love living Guardians. I am high on Juan Brito. He was acquired in the Nolan Jones trade. I made a video last year about did Cleveland miss so when they traded away all their players? They didn't because Cleveland's a machine. And one of the guys they got back was this kid from the Colorado Rockies who can play all infield positions pretty well. He's a contact bad he's got some pop uh, and they're pretty excited about him. They kind of have like a little pipeline of a lot of infielders, but he's I think the most promising one and I think he's gonna turn some medicines here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, borderline, top one hundred prospect, triple A. Sure we're playing Uh yeah, I mean, let's find out. I have no I have no clue.
Speaker 2: Could in your book?
Speaker 1: Could he join the Ahmed Rosario, Jimenez, Lin d'Or was there Ramirez? Does he count there? There's been quite a lineage kipness of guys. Well, now we're going back. Yeah, let's find out. Yeah, I think Cleveland was pretty happy to get off Andre Semenez's money.
Speaker 2: I think so too, And I think that it wasn't a bad acquisition by the Blue Jays who need to improve their infield defense.
Speaker 1: And he might be on this list later on coming up getting the third base off the field. No, that's come on. Everyone thumbs down sports just like we like, that's where we that's where we drive our testosterone towards sports. Anyone who else their kids? Who are the babies? Who's this Marlin?
Speaker 2: Who is this Marlin? Auto Lopez? Is that who?
Speaker 1: I'm He has some good numbers, I know that's what half these guys. It's like, he has some good numbers two and a half or last year. I want to dream on auto Lopez twenty swipes, eighty seven ops plus.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be twenty sex. It's not exactly a toddler.
Speaker 1: Not a baby baby. That's a toddler.
Speaker 2: It's not toddler. So I'm a toddler.
Speaker 1: And Tierras, Yes, you are common down below. You got talked about. I'm talking baseball today. High song, high song. He's like he might start in Triple A. He's good.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna get pissed.
Speaker 1: He's good, by the way.
Speaker 2: Because like they signed him and I was like, oh, super util right, and they're like, no, starting a second baseman for the best team in baseball, right, that's fucked up.
Speaker 1: Trade away, Gavin Lucks don't need to set off an alarm for me. But he's twenty five, he's coming over from overseas. Wasn't a top prospect. If he got signed by the White Sox, we'd probably be mean to this.
Speaker 2: Dude, right, he would get the josh h.
Speaker 1: It's just honest. It's just honest.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately it is, and White Sox fans did want him, by the way. Nice numbers in the KBO steady eight to forty oh ps last two years, hit three thirty five in one hundred and thirty seven games in twenty twenty three. Not an easy thing to do. I know some people will probably raise an eyebrow at KBO versus NPB, because I do think the skill level is a little bit different between those leagues. But stolen based potential is crazy with this guy. He is stolen twenty plus bases every single season of his professional career, thirty plus and half of those seasons. And you just know that the Dodgers are gonna throw him in the lab and get the absolute best out of him at age twenty six. So yeah, I guess he does fit in toddler tier, but I do think his ceiling, like Holiday is pretty high. Awesome. We might have to split this up, Okay, I'm thinking about splitting this up.
Speaker 1: Hold on, sorry, who would you want up? Like?
Speaker 2: And hear me out, I think Holiday, Kim and Brito feel like a tier above the other guy's down there.
Speaker 1: Holiday Kim and Brito so out like Lee brooks Lee, I think he's in this tier, right yeah, Brooks Lee twins. Let's see what they do at second base, Because there was some Race Lewis rumors for a while.
Speaker 2: I don't know how he fits in exactly.
Speaker 1: Brooksley was a top pick.
Speaker 2: I don't know, here's the top prospect for a while.
Speaker 1: Zach get Off, who I know, you're post type, not into your post hate.
Speaker 2: I don't hate any Buddy Jake, except for people who don't like the video.
Speaker 1: I told you this ballmarker was double sided.
Speaker 2: Is that the coin you keep dropping over there? Maybe Galloffs strikeout numbers were tough last year. Good S trekouts are in dude total one eight. They're not one of the rougher savant pages. You'll see first percentile, strike out right, second percentile with rate, second percentile, expected batting average, like everything under the hood. It's not great for mister Galloff, but he was so good his rookie year last year. Maybe it was just like an intense sophomore slump. I don't know, But what I do know is that the Athletics aren't really banking on them this year. They're banking on other guys.
Speaker 1: Hey, Sacramento hot ball Flies.
Speaker 2: Summer games are gonna.
Speaker 1: Be cat how many? How many these second basements could sneak second basements could sneak into twenty twenty? Get Off, we already said Tyrone song got Jackson Holiday Tyro Okay, so maybe that's not as big as I thought. Anyways, any other babies you like? How old is Nickenzalas Nick the Stick? Nick the Stick? Pirates fans like him. I like him, and I like that Pirates fans like them. I bought in another former first round pick, a lot of first round talent. High first round pick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seventh overall in the twenty twenty draft, and we're starting to see those guys come up. Now, you know you're heston kursedads.
Speaker 1: You know it's kind of dumb. Why Nick?
Speaker 2: Why?
Speaker 1: I like Nicknzales? He played baseball at New Mexico, New Mexico State, New Mexico State, And when you look at the top of that draft, it's all like the baseball powerhouses Torkleson, Arizona State, Arkansas, Minnesota A and M Vanderbilt, Georgia, New Mexico.
Speaker 2: State, Mexico.
Speaker 1: That means you can hit kind of close to him from and I think he hit like three ninety nine in college. Why do you know that, Jake? But sometimes you forget your mom's name back after this.
Speaker 2: You know your mom's middle name, mine's Elizabeth. Actually, never mind, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Know Karen, which that's kind of out.
Speaker 2: Karen's out ship. Karen and Chad are out. No new babies are getting named those names.
Speaker 1: Okay, Brooks league gel Off, we can put nickenzals there. I feel like he might come.
Speaker 2: Up and Auto maybe, I mean autos there, Auto's.
Speaker 1: There, Otto, Otto's gotta be somewhere. Nick. Yeah, his numbers don't I like him scream off the page, but I currently don't have a better landing spot.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's kind of another example of like if Nickensalz was your nine hitter.
Speaker 1: Holidays there, Yeah, I might be hitting in the meat of the Pirates lineup. Let's do dirty jerseys, which I think they might get shuffled around a lot, because the original idea around dirty jerseys was these are the defensive stalwart catchers, catchers, second baseman that if they have if they have a good game, they're covered in dirt. They made a diving play, they scored on a two out single base running speed and defense, kind of the og second base profile. And I think, and again this is where things might get thrown off. Originally I started with Andre Semenez. He's yeah, a Platinum Glove contender every year. Unfortunately the stick has been an eighty ops plus guy, which that's it's starting to push the limits. But he can still do that and get like six war, which is nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if we're gonna see twenty twenty two again, but I mean his twenty twenty two season was incredible, Like it makes sense why he got that money. One forty one to ops plus seven and a half war sixth an MVP building like that is the player that this guy was two years ago. And I don't think it's as bad as it was last year. Like I think Andrechminis can still be like a league average bat, right, but what we do know about him is that he's the best defensive second basement in the game right now. Maybe the best defensive infielder in the game right now. I think you could make that argument pretty compelling too. So yeah, with him, Like, if you get a league average bat, great because that means you're probably getting like a four or five war season. But he doesn't even.
Speaker 1: Need to do that, Yeah, because he's already worth four.
Speaker 2: War when he was twenty percent worse than league average. You'd like to put him higher because you know what talented he is, but the bat's got to come through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I think twenty twenty three would probably be the aim for him. It was a ninety six ops plus and a five point three.
Speaker 2: War one hundredth percentile outs above average.
Speaker 1: Him with Boba Shitt is going to be interesting.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of people were too hard on that move because I think that's an intriguing move for the Blue Jays.
Speaker 1: I liked what they did. Eh Menas you play play world class defense, some tunder hit the ball very far.
Speaker 2: What do we say about the Brewers every year? It's like, Oh, they're gonna prevent runs and they're just gonna win games that way. Okay, when teams copy that formula, you should be into it. What I mean, well, that's.
Speaker 1: A little different anyways, get better Ernie Clement health wise, We knew what you meant healthwise. That Yeah, he was the first inspiration. I think Nico Horner. I feel like you might fight for him to be higher. I might fight for both these guys to be higher because I think is as second baseman go Bryce terrage is very interesting.
Speaker 2: It might be like moving the tier up higher.
Speaker 1: Yes, I think I might be into that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I'd be into that too, because.
Speaker 1: Like, these guys are good.
Speaker 2: I think Horner is a lesser glove by a smidge than Jimenez, but a much better bat.
Speaker 3: He's been abovely gaveraged four.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying, Like, not by a lot. The thing is, we know who he is at this point, Like we know exactly the kind of player is. I don't think we're gonna see much change in that age twenty eighth season, still incredibly valuable. Like when the Cubs were talking about trading him, I was like, why in the world, right would you trade Nicol Horner right now? Like in this one year win now window. Also another former first round pick second baseman always on the board, crazy.
Speaker 3: Two years left, so they can trade him at the deadline and get good value. If this year doesn't go to plan.
Speaker 2: Just keep them because you can just keep them.
Speaker 3: But if it goes wrong and then there's a time later where he won't, you won't have lost value.
Speaker 2: Yes, So yeah, I'm down to move this tier up above wildcards just because like there is no wildcard about these guys. You know, they're a great defensive second basemen, rack up war and if their league average offensively. That's awesome.
Speaker 1: Yeah, man, I mean these guys, when you do the side by side on Baseball Reference, I mean it is, it is back and forth, it's close. They are they are of a similar ilk and it's kind of whatever you're looking for. I mean, shouldn't Bryce Terrang be with those guys. I know it's one year, but the defense and speed is wild.
Speaker 2: I mean he's got the speed tool better than anybody here. Fifty swipes only six o'clock stealing last year, Like that's kind of the new echelon of like, oh, you're like a real base right, like kind of really run run. Everyone's getting their twenty now, which is still good, but like it's become more commonplace.
Speaker 1: There's a couple of twenties you look at in your life.
Speaker 2: But you see a number like fifty, you're like, oh, yeah, that's special. And Terrang for the first half of last year was a well above league average hitter if I remember correctly, he was let's see here, he was above lya g average seven thirty one ops three forty one on base like that plays just had a tough second outs is. Overall seasons, sets weren't great, but I think the Brewers love him mm and you know Pat Murphy loves Bryce. First guy out in the field to stretch every day, Joey Ortiz second, everyone else there.
Speaker 1: I think they come out as a unit.
Speaker 2: They all link.
Speaker 1: I think they actually take down the dugout rocker kick it down Bryce Track thirty three. I only see one guy that I think deserves to be joined with these fellows, and they might not. It would be bryceon Stott Bryson.
Speaker 2: Stott's interesting had a weird one last year four war Player in twenty twenty three, when he was a league average bat right mind you, Andris Meantez for war Player when he was twenty percent below league average. There's levels, but Bryce and Stott might and this might be crazy by the end of the season this year, Bryce and Stott maybe the Philly shortstop because I could see Trey moving. I know there's already some questions there, and Stott's easily their best infielder, but by comparison fifty third percent it's above average. Last year zero was his value league average. So I don't no, I don't know what they want to do with him. This is kind of a big year for him. Age twenty seven, Philly's window feels like it's tightening up a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you know what it is, I feel like looking at those guys that were mentioned joining him with Jimenez, Horner, Terrang, I feel like I know what I'm getting from those guys. Scott. I thought I knew what I was getting, and last year kind of threw it offcard that I know he's been thrown off that. Yeah, I don't think he deserves to be with those guys currently, so maybe he's a wildcard for now. I do want to jump back up. Okay, we chewed off a lot of the bottom there. You know they always say today, they always say good good sports shows. Hit him with the Brendan Rodgers, Rojas Tyro first, and then you hook him back with our second categories labeled five tool light, which is always something I who was my first five tool light? Eddie Escobar, Eddie Escabar.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, he was prime. Eddie was special, he was someone signed.
Speaker 1: What could did he do? Does he still want to play?
Speaker 2: I'm sure if someone offered him a minor league deal, he'd say yes.
Speaker 3: I'm sure if they pay he plays.
Speaker 2: LT Smith Vibes guy Altimate.
Speaker 1: Loved him as a couple of seasons. Uh, five tool light. I like this because there's a couple, a couple of really good ballplayers. Yeah, I'll throw at Ozzie Albi's first, little monster. He's dealt with some injuries. But when Ozzie's out there in healthy, he goes to to do last season ninety nine games, the offensive numbers weren't there. The season before that, eight forty nine ops out of a second baseman, a guy whose career OPS is around eight hundred. I I believe in Ozzie. I think you could the two years he's or the three years he played full since twenty nineteen, our big boy second base seasons. Yeah, top of the lineup, thirty homers, like where the two injury seasons and two of the last three years the numbers aren't there. But he was also hurt, So I don't. I still very much believe in twenty eight year old Ozzie Alby's. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The way I'm trying to view this tier is like these guys are one all five tool light, like the tier says, but two, they all have a tool that kind of goes toe to toe with Katel, like with Kazzi as like his power is toe to toe with Katel thirty three homers. You don't see that from Second Basement A lot with someone like I don't know your guy, Jazz Chisholm speed is very clearly better than Katel, and he also brings everything else to the play contacted or you know, he's got pop. So like, there's a lot to like in someone like Jazz Chislm Junior. Who Yeah, like maybe we have not seen the best of Jazz yet. We've been kind of wait for that like big big Boys season, and we've seen a lot of good slash great seasons from him. I don't know, how do you.
Speaker 1: Feel, Jazz or Razzi Jess. I think Jazz Sneaky had a breakout season last year. He had twenty four home runs, forty solen bases. It was his best year while on the Yankees. He played third base for the first time in his life.
Speaker 2: Do we know that he's the Second Basement.
Speaker 1: Yes, they've named it, Okay, they talked about it.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there's a world where if somehow a guy we might if the races, you know what, we are trading Brandon Low right now, I think they'd be fine with moving Jazz to third.
Speaker 1: In that instance, he is the Yankee second baseman for now. No funny business.
Speaker 2: I'll take it.
Speaker 1: If there's funny business, we'll see forty swipes. Yeah, man, I mean that's that's real. That's real. Came over, had a little more juice with the I won't sell anyone on.
Speaker 2: That, I think, no, but I think that's real. Like it's the I know the Morns made it in twenty three, but this was the first time it was like October Jazz like part of something bigger kind of thing, Like you're in a franchise that has a direction that I think has to affect a player lineup and the way they apply themselves and all that stuff. The lineup is another important point to make. So yeah, I mean, if we don't see a better year from Jazz this year, then I'm starting to question who he's going to be as a big leaguer. Because we're a age twenty seven season. It's time to go and become the best version of yourself.
Speaker 1: Also had some injury troubles in the past, and I if anyone's trying to not Yankee. This not a phrase Baseball Reference projections, which is a computer. I think it's the last three years, and they wait them whatever. Jazz Chisholm projected for twenty three homers thirty one seals seven seven seventy three ops.
Speaker 2: So I like that.
Speaker 1: Could be more, could be less.
Speaker 2: He might get more than thirty one.
Speaker 1: I think so too, but those are conservative and Jazz might have that in the tank.
Speaker 2: We like Jazz.
Speaker 1: A name that ends up on this we like just a name that ends up on this list a bit surprisingly as of now, and it's only fair is Alex Bregman.
Speaker 2: It's funky, it's full right. It doesn't feel right, it feels weird that this is not Josel to they this is Alex Bregman.
Speaker 1: And it's not a second base. He just won the gold Glove at third.
Speaker 2: We'll do a Bregman discussion. I am still very much of the opinion that the Red Sox are going to put their foot down and Bregman's going to play third. Devs is gonna dah or play first, because that is that's the best version of that team. Still, the Bregman's story Middle Endfield has my eye was fully raised. I'm intrigued, I'm curious. I don't love it, but I do love Alex Brackman. We know exactly who he is. I think last year, I think he's better than that. Offensively, he was still four war players, still hit twenty six home runs. The ops took a dip, but I think that with Fenway's left.
Speaker 1: Field, a guy who the stadium matters, I mean.
Speaker 2: And also like a breath of fresh air after nine years in one place, that's got to do something for you too. I like to fit a lot. I like the signing when it happened and made a ton of sense in my brain. The Red Sox he needed to make an impact move like that to get serious again. And all the stuff under the hood that you should really care about with guys that are getting a little bit older, like plate discipline. He was ninety fourth percentile on strikeout rate ninety eighth and whiff rate eighty second and chase rate like that stuff is all still great. It'll translate. I'm excited for Alex Brackman.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he felt like a missing piece and they got him. Yeah. The only thing you know, I get it Bregman at third Devers DH it does must Taka Yoshida was okay last year in his second year, and I think there's more in there. I don't know if he goes to if Devers goes to DH and Bregman goes to third, you're then starting Hamilton or Roming Gonzales at second, which isn't like it's not terrible, not terrible, but it's also I think Yoshida.
Speaker 2: Yoshida feels like an odd man out to me, and he could still get traded.
Speaker 1: Like I know, more can happen, but like I I think the Red Sox, I guess their best case lineup if Pregnant can play second well, which we're assuming.
Speaker 2: I mean he was ninety first percentile at third at third base.
Speaker 1: If Devers is okay at third, which he's had times of okay, I think I'd like Yoshida at DH again, at least against righties.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna find out. We're gonna see it in April, for sure, we'll see that's a promise, but I think we might see some mid season adjustments. But I'm happy to have him.
Speaker 1: Here, and I think he deserves to be on that second tier and could for one year, could he outplay Caatel Marte.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's happened, absolutely, And that's the other thing about this year. Any one of these guys could outplay Catel Marte this year in my opinion, I don't know. If you don't know, then they might not belong up here.
Speaker 1: They belong, But katel Tell good, does anyone else deserve to be in five tool light?
Speaker 2: I think just out of respect Marcus Semyon, I'm open to that. I think I know last year wasn't awesome. In fact, last year was tough, like we can be World Series hangover, pretty frank about it. He went from twenty twenty one to now seven or five and a half four, seven and a half four four war still an exceptional player, still on All Stars, still twenty three home runs, only missed three games, which is what Marcus does. He gets on the field every.
Speaker 1: Seven and a half war. The year before is like, that's what Kittel did.
Speaker 2: Last year. Kattell was a seven and a half four player if he played the full season. So if one year moved from that, I'm not just gonna forget that. Gotta get that slug up though, too.
Speaker 1: MVP threes slug the four hundred is kind of scary that whole Texas team had last year.
Speaker 3: They were just all hungover.
Speaker 2: They're all getting the benefit of the doubt for me in on that Marcus Smion does not give me the ick. He was nice. I like them.
Speaker 1: I think he should be extra and extra in movies.
Speaker 2: He cracked wise, but he was also all business.
Speaker 1: Like you say he cracked wise. How old are you say that I do the crossroad on the train. That's when you're mad at the Mets in forty years.
Speaker 2: That's not a now for wile man.
Speaker 3: I really want to petition the name of this two to be respect with the two, because the other three guys besides Alby's all where or have worn number two.
Speaker 1: Where Albi's does.
Speaker 3: But in the case of all them, we are like respecting they should wear number two, you know.
Speaker 2: Feels like it. If you asked me what number Alby's wore, I would say number two.
Speaker 3: I believe he's number one to wearing two.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's like basically the we'll see mess around with it, jolly. This next one is probably gonna get split up or I don't know, because at first we were thinking of the Tampa Bay Rays. I put raise up is up there, and I don't know if these are guys that can raise up I think I think a couple of the names have raised connections and could have a special season. Dude, where does hell t is?
Speaker 3: Not?
Speaker 1: Listen? Never mind, I just saw his picture. I forgot he's just left over the star fielder. Now that threw me off for a second. Well, hold on, hold the phone. There's one guy that you're higher on than I, higher on than I thought. Who's a five tool like guy? Maybe?
Speaker 2: I think definitely, I.
Speaker 1: Was surprised you were pushing for this because I this team has ruined.
Speaker 2: Me, mark my words, Jake's story, Ellie. When we are back here next year for twenty twenty six tier lists, the man who will be in our highest tier is Matt McLean. I think Matt McLean is stupid good, and I think we got robbed of what he's truly capable of last year when he got that freak injury in spring training, playing a little too hard like we all do sometimes.
Speaker 1: Four war in ninety games in this rookie year, I know that's really damn good, dude.
Speaker 2: You said it all the time. He was better than Ellie was when everyone was talking about Ellie. He's still finished fifth and rocking of the year, voning he only paid half the season. I really like Matt McClain. Also the vibe I got in the Reds clubhouse that dude is like a leader there. They already looked at him that way, and that that does something for me. I'm not gonna lie to you. I am very, very excited for Matt McLain this year. Another former first round pick. By the way, Uh, we can contest it, but he is in.
Speaker 1: My second If I can dream on youth, he's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's worse than correct wise, I dream on youth.
Speaker 1: And it's not even what I want to say at all.
Speaker 2: It's a crime in some states.
Speaker 1: If I wanted to dream on simeon getting respect. Yeah, what Matt McClain did when he played baseball was very good, high level good. It feels feels weird putting him with some of these cats. Man Alex Bragman just got forty mil a year.
Speaker 2: Here's my thing.
Speaker 1: If Matt McLean is league average this year, you're stunned coming off a big injury.
Speaker 2: I have an important question. Take away all the emotions, take away the swag, whatever. Okay, would you rather have the achy second basement jesss Chisholm or Matt McLean.
Speaker 1: For this year? For this year? Only jazz. That's a real injury. Yeah, that's a real injury.
Speaker 2: A year off.
Speaker 1: You're taking a chance on McLean. I'm liking my chances, and that's fine.
Speaker 3: I like McLean a lot. I feel like if he'd come back even for like the last month and was pretty good, just to show it and line of real good numbers, I would, yeah, whatever, throw them up there. Everything I've seen is good.
Speaker 2: Ninetieth percentile sprint speed eighty percent, it's above it. Yes, okay, so five tool light is what I'll tell you.
Speaker 1: You mentioned he finished fifth and Rookie of the year. Well, hey, pretty good. Who are the guys ahead of him?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Let's find out.
Speaker 1: Corbyn Carroll pretty good? How is his follow up?
Speaker 2: Here? You get a sophomore slump? Sure? Also finished that you were a pretty solid numbruk but had hurt shoulder.
Speaker 1: Took a step back, shoulder. James Altman, Oh yeah, wow, remember James Almond, Nolan Jones hurt? What I say now, hurt?
Speaker 2: All these guys got hurt. That's kind of wild.
Speaker 1: Six play Spencer Steer M. I don't think he should be with them yet. I want him to be, Okay, I want him to be.
Speaker 2: And we know you paid off BBD, so you're getting his vote.
Speaker 1: Gotta show me bullshit, Gotta show.
Speaker 2: Me he's gonna twenty twenty three, you're gonna be You're gonna look foolish.
Speaker 1: When you don't play baseball for a little while. It's tough to play baseball. Can I say something fatist if you'll let me say something. Jazz looks a little weird in that group before now, not gonna lie because you're racist, Okay, I mean three of the four.
Speaker 2: Closely.
Speaker 1: I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 2: Do you.
Speaker 1: For full seasons? What Simeon has done well, Bregman has.
Speaker 2: Done, Jazz has never had a three worse.
Speaker 1: I could bring jazz with Matt McLean.
Speaker 2: I think they kind of have to go have qualms with that.
Speaker 3: But jolly, what you're not getting as he was just nice to us.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I mean that's kind of also why.
Speaker 1: I no, I'm I'm actually I'm okay with them. Yeah, that's a that's a fair.
Speaker 2: It's exactly what you said, like just track record.
Speaker 1: Ready for both of them to raise up on that raise up line as we've now leaked into it. I love Brandon.
Speaker 2: Lao forty Ho Brandon Lau.
Speaker 1: Watch out for him at a minor league ballpark this year. That happens to have a short porch cheez, Like when Brandon Lao is healthy, Uh, that man hits.
Speaker 2: Are you on his page or no, I'm not. Career career ops plus guest on Brandon Lao in seven years and six hundred games.
Speaker 1: Good job on the nose.
Speaker 2: On the nose, No, yep, eight twelve career ops plus don't say that.
Speaker 1: Sorry, yes, though, wild he's really fucking good. Like this is what I was Yeah, hunting for lefty bats this offseason. Yeah, and it's like, wait, so he makes ten mil this year, team mill for eleven and a half next year. Uh, the man has an injury history. He's not like five tools. The speed's never been in the bag, defense has never been flashy. It's just one hundred and nine games in twenty twenty three, twenty one home runs, one hundred and seven games last year, twenty one home runs.
Speaker 2: And like the Rays need that's so bad because they just didn't hit last year, like he is their best hitteror.
Speaker 1: The one year he played over one hundred and ten games he had thirty nine Homers like.
Speaker 2: Don't get me wrong, I think in maybe three years, Brandon low isn't a second basement anymore. But he is right now, and like, you know, he's going to be defensive.
Speaker 1: You can have a weird vagabond. He's gonna have a weird veg.
Speaker 2: I think he's going to be like Peterson type path or like he's like not an outfielder anymore, and maybe he only plays against righties.
Speaker 1: I have a fun fact I'm not sure if I can share, but I'm gonna share it. Lawrence the band, Yeah, Clyde, Yeah they were here once, they were here. Oh yeah, his now girlfriend maybe fiance dated Brandon Loud. What do you think that?
Speaker 2: What you think?
Speaker 1: What do I think?
Speaker 2: What did she think?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, And it was kind of funny when I found that out. I was kind of rooting for Brandon Laud to come to the Yankees, which you know, I don't know, I.
Speaker 2: Don't know where the that's just how your brain work.
Speaker 1: I don't know who's anyways.
Speaker 3: I've already went Homer paced the last two years when he's played.
Speaker 2: You really guessed one twenty five on the nose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's really good. That I didn't think that number was right, but I thought it was in the area that, Yeah, Brandon Low gives you a buck forty five, you're going to have one of the best, maybe the best offensive season from a second base. And he's a ray. That was kind of part of it.
Speaker 2: So these are locked. I feel really good about where her tear list is atky and I looked at the remaining roster for wild cards and wherever else, and I got nauseous.
Speaker 1: Mmmm. Let me see. I just want to see who jumps out as good so and raise up Jazz Low McClain kind of like that deserve each other kind of about that. When I look at the available players left on the board, who do I think is the best player? Hm?
Speaker 2: That's a good question.
Speaker 1: And I'll just go through the names quick so you can play this game at home while we while we think on it. I am seeing Labor Torres, I'm seeing Michael Massey, I'm seeing Rin Hifo, Jeff McNeil, Jake Cronenworth, Tyler Fitzgerald, and Dylan Moore from your Seattle Mariners and Stodter right, and would you just say I had Stott on the board and wild card I don't know why, and I'm here he's on dirty Jersey.
Speaker 2: So we kind of So we got eight guys. Very interesting.
Speaker 1: I feel like Bryce and Scott does get a dirty jersey lot, but that's for another time.
Speaker 3: Vibes wise, I feel like he does fit lives.
Speaker 2: Do we want to say, oh, we.
Speaker 1: Said he's not good enough and I kind of agree.
Speaker 2: Do we want to say who we think the best of the eight is on three?
Speaker 1: Okay? So if you got and this is for next season, this is for yeah, this season. If you got one second basement and you could.
Speaker 2: Pick from any of these eight, who would they or nine? The numbers? I think I have mine. I think I have mine, and I kind of hate it.
Speaker 1: I'm between two that I don't like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, I kind of hate it.
Speaker 1: I think I have my leader.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're ready in three?
Speaker 1: Two one?
Speaker 2: Tyler Gerald? That was my other one? Were you between him and Fitzgerald or no?
Speaker 1: Tyler Fitzgerald?
Speaker 2: I just that dude, raked.
Speaker 1: I know, but it's ninety six games, Like Matt McLean, I know, I get fooled, all right, assume me.
Speaker 2: I'm a believer.
Speaker 1: I like that you believe.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 1: It feels like it should be your team's mod.
Speaker 2: Three months is a long time him Jake so annoying.
Speaker 1: Motto.
Speaker 2: Good, you know what I'm gonna say. Good at least not a former first round pick. Dam some stuff under the hood isn't great. On Tyler Fitzgerald's chase rate, strikeout rate, even outs above average, he didn't grade out very well one hundredth percentile sprint.
Speaker 1: Speed okay, with some pop off king So.
Speaker 2: He's kind of all over the place, and he.
Speaker 1: Did he did those defensive metrics. I think a lot of that is short stip.
Speaker 2: Yeah, last year. So like I like him ticking up there.
Speaker 1: Hey, but he's a wild card. He's a wild card. He's a wildcard. That's fine, Like I would probably there's no offensive Giants fans or Tyler Fitzgerald. Like I'm looking at Stott and Fitzgerald, I would I would take stop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think for next.
Speaker 1: Season, I would, And that could be super wrong. Like I hope Tyler Fitzgerald's a stud. I hope him and Matt McClain top of the list, But I don't know.
Speaker 2: Now, you can't put him up.
Speaker 1: It don't past the sniff test. And I just hope it's horribly wrong. And we're talking about how good the Giants infield this is. But Louis Garcia.
Speaker 2: You did mention Louis Garcia.
Speaker 1: He raised up, he did stepped up. He's crazy, Like, okay, I guess that's you know where this God damn it to Louis Garcia's.
Speaker 3: He's Louis Garcia junior.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Reference last year as a twenty four year old, two point two war season, eighteen homers, twenty two stolen bases, a one to fifteen oh ps plus like that, he's played a decent amount of ball at this point because the Nationals are out of their mind.
Speaker 2: Called him up as a twenty year old, called him up.
Speaker 1: At age twenty that if you take out the early early years, you know, the past three years from ages twenty two to twenty four, this is you know, Tyler Fitzgerald had not been a major leaguer yet Louis Garcia was getting pro at bats. He's not an on bass guy. Thirty four and thirty four homers and stolen basis.
Speaker 2: How about that?
Speaker 1: Like that that at age twenty five, with a better Nationals team around him, like could we not look down and see twenty two twenty five, twenty twenty two thirty something like that, and then what are we talking about as a switch hitting second basement or left handed hitting basics.
Speaker 2: He is very fun to watch. I will say he doesn't get his walks and he's kind of shown that that's that's not his It's a dangerous game. It's a dangerous game to play, but when it when it goes right, uh, it makes for a very fun ballplayer to watch. So I like Louis Garcia Junior only going to be twenty five years old, Like we could still see better versions of him, especially with what you said in a much better national sign up than we had, you know, even two years ago. But yeah, he's he's a wildcard.
Speaker 1: And I've got an up cell that I think people could use against it if they wanted to platoon. But he's on the good side of the platoon atleast. Garcia against righty's last year to eighty eight three twenty six A seven ninety six ops against lefties a six forty one ops.
Speaker 2: Who do he platoon with? I should know this.
Speaker 1: I think he played in that Star Problem like Star Platoo, which again maybe he gets a little better verse lefties after seeing them, or maybe he doesn't. But dude, you give me an eight hundred ops hitter against right handed pitching at second base?
Speaker 3: Out raise ups?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think his platoon Maate was like il Tomorrow Vargus or something. So get me a lefty masher.
Speaker 1: We'll bleep that out. Let's get the best trade for Tyro.
Speaker 2: Trade for Brendan Rodgers would have been a good fit.
Speaker 3: Eighty nine percent tile oaa like that wildcord.
Speaker 1: No, it's really weird. Yeah, he hit left handed star pictures. He must have gotten mauled by relievers.
Speaker 3: Is that? Is that that baseball reference like left left starter split. I believe that's games a left handed picture started. But that includes the believers that they got to face.
Speaker 1: Interest you guys, really it's crazy that that's the way they split it.
Speaker 3: But I remember there's a talking Yanks. Where do you think he could raise up?
Speaker 2: Do I think he could raise up? Oh? Who would you rather have it?
Speaker 1: I think he deserves to be with Matt McLean. You can say it, who would you rather have? Nico Horner or LuSE Carcio Jr. I don't think I can put them above Shut my ass, sorry.
Speaker 2: Boss, I mean yeah, with that You can ask that question with any of these guys, like who would you rather have the known platinum Glove caliber second baseman or the wild card?
Speaker 1: They are a real deportation line.
Speaker 2: Can you say that?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I feel like that was a phrase felt wrong.
Speaker 2: I think like dividing line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, line, isn't there a line of demarkation of Okay, that's what I meant.
Speaker 2: There you go the line of tea board.
Speaker 1: Just trying to get into the YouTube for a different You got to say the right words. I think that line of Dirty Jersey of Jimenez Horner Terang is very interest because it's like, yeah, I'd rather have Matt McLean. I think, yeah, I'd rather have Brandon low in the chance to hit forty homers. But yeah for Fitzgerald Stott, I I'll take the guys I can rely upon.
Speaker 2: You know who I really want to be in Dirty Jersey. I want Dylan Moore up.
Speaker 1: There is Dylan Moore good.
Speaker 2: I think Dylan Wore is good and I just never think about him.
Speaker 1: The Mariners need to, like power numbers are crazy.
Speaker 2: They need to let him play a position. Look at the position cal him on his Baseball Reference. It's nauseating. He plays nine positions every year. It's hard to be a good ballplayer and you never know where you're gonna play.
Speaker 1: Won the gold Glove last year. Last year, that's impressive. Stuff Man hit ten are still thirty two bases. He's had three twenty stolen base seasons in the past four years. He's been abovely gathered wild wildcard. A wildcard got the stick though, the complete wild.
Speaker 2: One ten ops plus the last three years.
Speaker 1: Come on, Hey, everything I've learned to believe about Seattle played Dylan Moore at second base for a year. There's a wild card though, like he just is.
Speaker 2: I guess all right, here's here's a good question. Who would you rather have as your second basement next year? Your choice of a dirty Jersey guy doesn't matter to me. Who or Jake Cronenworth.
Speaker 1: I'd rather have the dirty jersey guy.
Speaker 2: See this one.
Speaker 1: I have messed with Crone a lot. I mean, he's a guy that should never have played first base in his career, but first number, especially the past three years. I know he's a guy who's been nice to us. It's got a great name. This last two years are tough, you know, Like last year was a nice bounce back, but that was to get back to.
Speaker 2: Yeah average, Yeah, no, I see what you're saying. So I want to believe in all these guys, but yeah, they're kind of just they're all kind of missing something, whether it's like track record or like they're coming off a down year or their good year was only half a season, stuff like that.
Speaker 1: I think if you're going by stats and there could be another column made up, maybe like the rest of the wild cards, I think I would take over cronin Worth.
Speaker 2: That's interesting, like including like McNeil and Glaber.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, the guy's currently on the back, Stott, Garcia, Fitzgerald, Dylan Moore. I think I would take all of them over cronan Worth.
Speaker 2: I think you're probably right.
Speaker 1: And I guess it gets into team. You know, who's a wildcard. I'm taking Cronworth off because I think we need a new category. I think Michael mass he's a goddamn wild Ye.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's the third best hitter on the playoff team last year, right, I think he's got more in there. I think he does too. He was kind of a pest pretty swing. Yeah, like you said that during one talking baseball last year. And I was like, he says that about everybody. And then I watched it and I was like, that's a pretty swing. He said that about him, He said that about a lot of people.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Yeah, calling me in a question, Luis fran He fills a wild card.
Speaker 2: In terms of his health. Yes, if he's on the field, you know exactly what you're gonna get, do you. Yeah, two or three years in a row, fifteen homers.
Speaker 1: Ish, those are with injuries and stuff.
Speaker 3: Right the stick broke out, But he kind of can't defend career high.
Speaker 2: In games one twenty seven. It's been in the league for six years. Kind of don't know.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think we need to make a new two.
Speaker 2: I think I think there is a cronin Renhitho McNeil, Glaber tieres of like Fats like best yours behind us kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Are these all former Yankees?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Former and future?
Speaker 3: What do you mean all former future Yanks?
Speaker 1: I've talked about all four of these guys being a Yankee.
Speaker 3: Well, actually not McNeil. People have done him.
Speaker 2: You could see any of these guys on either New York team. I could say that. I thought Slaber might have been a met this offseason. I thought they were gonna do some funky stuff there.
Speaker 1: These are all just future Yankees, future new Yorkers.
Speaker 2: I think future New Yorkers or past and president new Yorkers.
Speaker 1: Maybe ghosts. What do you as ghosts of New York past? Like kron and Worth we did episodes on cron.
Speaker 3: Is there something about it being like a fun day dream, like because like all four of these guys like, oh you got you get them you you talk yourself into the year. They're gonna have their ability to fall, you know, follow through in a moment.
Speaker 2: Because like all these guys could get Tradedeh.
Speaker 3: How much is probably six.
Speaker 1: Four years Yankees were Yankee fans were hoping to get croning Worth back and a Stanton dump.
Speaker 3: Or to or To as the sweet as and Soto as the sweetener two years ago. Like for taking that on?
Speaker 2: I mean, are these can you consider these guys vets? They're all like in their late twenties now holds a clabor twenty eight clabors.
Speaker 1: Right, it's good when it goes wrong.
Speaker 3: It's so about will Will have a good month?
Speaker 2: Is he just dead to you?
Speaker 3: The defense is so bad and like too many routine plays that don't happen, and like with not a lot, you know, you can't even like shack free throat and be like when the moment matters, Like no, when the moment matters, it gets worse. It's like, I think he's gonna hit this year. I think he's gonna hit a ton.
Speaker 1: America is tough, it is, but he's hit there.
Speaker 3: And like he's more of a doubles guy anyway that gets this like true profile.
Speaker 1: Like he let off and was so good in front of Soto and Judge for three months including the postseason. McNeil's done the every other thing your guy.
Speaker 2: Great second half last year, nine to fifteen ops in the second half. Then he hurt his wrist.
Speaker 1: Okay, like these guys can bring it, but it's just like enigmas or enemas.
Speaker 3: Or will something with all these guys are like they will hit to walk off this year. Trump's nice to say.
Speaker 2: McNeil had one last year. I'm assuming Labor did labor.
Speaker 3: It happens like Corona Worth. I feel like it like gets timely hits. I don't know if that's literally.
Speaker 2: There's something with like their fan base loves them more than everyone else. I think like everyone else sees them for what they are, but their fan bases love them.
Speaker 1: Wow, beer goggles.
Speaker 2: I think beer goggles is pretty accurate because, like you know, Tigers fans want to believe in twenty nineteen Labor coming back in a way they should, Mets fans want to believe well, Matt's fans want to believe in batting title, McNeil coming back, Patres fans obviously want early stages Croninworths back, and then Angels fans just want Raineval to stay healthy but he never has.
Speaker 1: And again like the nine well, the nine hole hitter, I mean, Labor and McNeil have led off Ronifo been in the middle of the line up a lot like Oh okay, So with our current list, I'll go down the board. You tell me if you need to change one thing. One man party, It's a Marte party, Martel five to a light, Ozzy Albie's, Alex Bregman and Marcus Simeon kind of some legends. Some Jolly Olive videos raise up Brandon Low, Matt McClain and Jazz chiselm potential one potential there, the dirty Jerseys, the line of demarcation. Nice Andre Samanez, Nico Horner, and Bryce Terrang the wild Carts, Bryce and Stott? What do you got? Tyler Fitzgerald, Luis Garcia, Tylon Moore and Michael Massis.
Speaker 2: That feels like a solid tires.
Speaker 1: It isn't.
Speaker 3: It isn't like when I'm looking on like that, my gut does say Stott belongs more Dirty Jerseys than that group, but he his last year, last year, I know the numbers.
Speaker 1: I think it's funny that the beer goggles are kind of guys. If you look at them through beer goggles, you want more than the Wildcard.
Speaker 2: Their ceilings are higher.
Speaker 1: You have a couple happy hours and you're like, I want glaibe at the top. But like, you know what I mean, dot against this.
Speaker 2: If you put them on a graph, the Wildcards, I feel like they're like more of a straight line, and then everyone below them is like high highs and low lows, like to the point where it could really hurt your team.
Speaker 1: Yes, you are the beer goggles can hurt your The toddler in Tierra's tier, hang on, that was an audible?
Speaker 2: Is that happening good? Why not?
Speaker 3: YEA?
Speaker 1: By the way, holiday burrito, This Marlin is gonna kill me, Otto, Lopez, High Song Kim, who could fly up this list in a moment he feels like his jersey could get dirty quick gel Off, brooks Lee, who knows Nick and Zales Sorry Pirates fans, I like him.
Speaker 2: I have a proposal for this tier, not so elongate the episode I would. I'm proposing Toddler tier and then a tier above it. Toddlers with us, and I think we move up like Holiday, I sunk him, maybe even Nickenzalz because I feel like I believe in some of these guys in this year a lot more than us, just us.
Speaker 1: Being rude to like the Marlins. Like if we had watched at O Lopez was a Yankee, would we say he's not in a Tierra.
Speaker 3: They're Todds bro brooks Lee's a first round pick.
Speaker 1: I like one, They're tots.
Speaker 2: I like one. Brito.
Speaker 1: Let this be known the Goates, Gorman, Tyro Rogers, Rojas all too Big again is on ours because he just moved.
Speaker 2: Rogers might hit twenty home runs.
Speaker 1: The whole bottom this This list was messy. This was a beautiful mess. I like where we landed, though. I think these are true tears.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these are good.
Speaker 1: These are true tears. I guess let us know why we're dumb. Would you like? Would you hate? Please comment below Simeon's old jazz Matt McClain let us know. Thank you to Jolly All, I thank you to BBD. We will be back next week, coming up on baseball.
Speaker 3: Looking to his production of Dead Patch productions, John Play Media and Workhouse Media, Okyo Games